Amateur Gamedev General ~ /agdg/ + /vm/

Ryan Nguyen
Ryan Nguyen

The /agdg/index.html board got spammed, why a hundred threads can be posted using the exact same image and not get picked up by basic spam detection doesn't make any sense.
Didn't that pickle guy do it before too?

Jonathan Thompson
Jonathan Thompson

Was this caused by some failed gamedev?
It doesn't exactly make sense for anybody to spam /agdg/ board.

Brayden Adams
Brayden Adams

That's…actually surprisingly relevant. Thank you, user.
Ok, anyone got any good Godot game engine tutorials, specifically anything JRPG geared?

Attached: 66dd10c00a8ff16275626bebf8570ab2ab542d3a6ea6c24fa54cb36b66eeb9f4.png (130.75 KB, 268x320)

Adam Jones
Adam Jones

My hardrives fried. My leaf instincts tells me to say: "I'm sorry user."
I boot a linux live-cd just to post

Evan Wright
Evan Wright

Should i show you my patreon? :^)
Maybe it will have more than one backer one day

Attached: this-kills-the-kate.gif (1.36 MB, 478x360)

David Thomas
David Thomas

I'll try to be helpful, but please bear in mind that firstly, I'm not a musician and secondly, that personal taste may play a role in this and I can't say to which degree.
Here we go.

00:00 - 00:13: Sounds really good. It has a sort of dramatic and melancholic feel to it.
00:13 - 00:49: Is okay, but nothing special. Its melody is just kinda there.
00:49 - 01:49: Continues the above, although the strings in the background help, if only a little bit. There is nothing wrong with it from a technical point of view. It's not like it's uncomfortable to listen to, because it's badly made or anything. It's just bland, not memorable. It's a generic tune.
01:49 - 02:15: It's difficult for me to find the words for it. I think that drum solo kind of lacks "power". And I don't mean that you should make it faster, but the sound of the drums themselves. They should have more "impact". Listen to this song: newretrowave.bandcamp.com/track/cold
I think drums like these would sound better, although it's difficult to imagine what your melody would sound like with them.
(Also the strings starting near the end of this part are too silent. At first I though they were a glitch.)
02:15 - 04:54: Same as earlier. Nothing really wrong with it, but it doesn't grab me, if you know what I mean.

Overall I'd say that it's technically competent, but lacking in soul.

Attached: 26f29ce01dbe3b00bb06b2fa406eb977c0a765554afb32ec410b28b84b8e92e8.gif (735.32 KB, 427x240)

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

I already have my cooking/faerie demo on steam, it is free and it is objectively better than that tranny shit

Attached: smug-nene.jpg (58.45 KB, 897x869)

Dylan Morgan
Dylan Morgan

I have the player input being detected by a controller on the scene tree, which is sent to a Puppet node extending from the controller. Tree and root in Godot have yet to entirely make sense to me yet.

Evan Walker
Evan Walker

no gamedev today, or yesterday, or the day before
only haskell now

Gabriel Lewis
Gabriel Lewis

Is this only happening on /agdg/ board or are their other boards being spammed as well?

Carson Nelson
Carson Nelson

i bet its rust dev , i fucking hate that guy

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

Why would it be me? Relax your anus, I got better things to do.

Nicholas Allen
Nicholas Allen

Gathering more feedback for animu stalkan game.
Should I go for Escape From Tarkov levels of autistic weapon modding/building? In which you can go full retard tacticool or even make a gun by gathering all the separate pieces. Is this a good or terrible idea to attempt as a one-man effort?

Attached: 348b60ca940bcc551eede8b45833920b82bcaa87f2fca85ae34a71e248dae96c.jpg (142.7 KB, 850x1133)
Attached: autism.jpg (143.7 KB, 1920x909)

Ryder Gonzalez
Ryder Gonzalez

reddit shoo shoo

Jaxon Morris
Jaxon Morris

Depends on if you think it's gonna add to the game. I find oftentimes modding does very little for actual gameplay beyond just fucking up balance of the game.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit