Actually enjoyable co-op games, do they exist?

I've been having this craving lately for human contact. I'd like a persistant online or coop game that has the player and their random online compatriots complete a task and gain something they all need. FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE CO-OP.
Does such a thing exist? Post fun times had with strangers online in games as well.

A few years ago I met my only long-lasting friend through an extremely well-fought Napoleon: Total War multiplayer game, if that counts.
And although people like to ham on milsims, I regularly have lots of fun fucking about and playing with guys I meet in PR and Arma and stuff.

I can only suggest interesting co-op games I've seen. I don't know if they're good, I don't have friends.

HARD MODE: No shooters

Fuck you, Lost Planet 2.

Left 4 Dead.

I've seen it all.

Vermintide was a fun Co-op game, but the loot system took many updates to become something not shit.

Apparently they're making a sequel. If they can make a not shit system, they might get my attention back.

Vermintide does look fun, how much does it relate to 40k? Speaking of which, wonder if Torchlight 2 still has people playing it.

I used to do MvM matches where everyone stuck to the same class and loadout. Beggars/Bison Soldier is amazing, because with upgrades each player can fire off 13 rockets in one burst.
My favourite MvM match was when my group and I finished Bigrock for the first time. The last part has a giant boss that is resistant to bullets but weak to melee, but will instakill you if you try and melee. We resorted to spamming Pyro airblasts, because while you can't move the boss with them you can make it pause slightly. Two Pyros can lock it in place while an Engineer sets up nearby and everyone else kills the smaller enemies. It was a stupid solution but it worked.

I put a noise machine in the Minecraft server. Everyone thinks a door is glitched and I want to see how long it takes for them to investigate. It's been weeks so far.

It's Warhammer, not 40K, pacifically the End Times. I can't say jack about lore, only setting. It's a load of fun cleaving through ratmen.

I suggest getting a friend to install Peace Walker on PPSSPP. You can play co-op together with some community made patches.

There is that serious sam top down shooter game, it has co-op.

-peace walker was probably the most fun i've ever had in local co-op
-monster hunter if your partner is equally as autistic as you
-dead space 3 i'm totally serious, if you can look at it as a stupid bang bang action co-op game instead of an extension of an IP you like it's actually pretty fun
-army of two
-titanfall's pve mode was actually pretty fun
-resident evil 5 (see dead space 3 for qualifier)
-sniper elite 2 was the best of the series if you ask me: ridiculous story that doesn't try to take itself even remotely seriously and has tons of co-op moments like synchronizing shots etc
-diablo 2 is still the best of the genre
-torchlight 2 is pretty fuckin fun though
-helldivers. fuckin helldivers. it's basically a top-down starship troopers where shit goes completely fucking bananas on hard difficulties, and i have normalfag friends i played it with who still text me telling me to never forget what happened to us on kepler prime
-alien swarm reactive drop is totally free and is essentially co-op aliens: the movie: the game
-icewind dale/baldur's gate/neverwinter nights. if you're patient enough to learn the bare basics of the D&D systems they use (3.5 for NWN, 2e for everything else) you'll find a hell of a lot to like. however, avoid siege of dragonspear like the pozzed plague it is

Fromsouls

top tier taste, user.

Forced, Trine, sex

I could have forgiven MGSV for everything if they'd just kept in co-op.

I have something you might like.

Not many people know CC's English themes was sung by Donna Burke. She was the narrator at the level-opening panoramas, too. As in Snake Eater/Sin of the Father/Heaven's Divide Donna Burke.

The 4-player co-op mode for Far Cry 3. It has its own story with lots of weapons. You can play as an old man, a black womyn, a brit or a slav. Quite fun. It's a shame that Ubishit didn't make another 4-player mode for the later Far Cry games.
Vermintide is pretty good too, despite the shitty loot system.

There's a co-op mode, it's called Metal Gear Survive.

You know, I might get Survive second-hand (fuck Konami) if it has local co-op, but who the fuck makes games with local co-op anymore?

Devs who should be praised. Games with online only co-op belong in the trash

Absolutely.

But who are they? My brother got me a second DS4 for an early Christmas present, and it wasn't until we unboxed and powered it up that we realized there wasn't anything for us to play together.

The Metal Slug games make for a pretty damn good couch co-op night.

Earthworm Jim HD with a friend was hilarious. Rayman Origins and Legend are local co-op.

last I heard RE revelations 2 was local co-op only

damn, and here I thought I was gonna be the first silly bastard to recommend that beautiful game