Holla Forums wurm general: unlimited autism edition

BROCELONA ÜBER ALLES

The settlement of Brocelona is a growing nation, distant from civilization and nestled in virgin lands. Come join us, build a house in town, and live off the land with other anons.

Wurm Unlimited is a player-run version of the sandbox MMO that allows you to live a comfy, relaxing life, or die horribly trying. You can master any of the many skills ranging from the more practical ones like farming, masonry, and smithing to more obscure crafts such as puppeteering, papyrusmaking, and toy making.

The server we are playing on provides and allows pirate clients to connect and has 4x rates for skillgain and action timers. It used to be called Wurmian Refugee Camp but they renamed themselves to Digital Refugee Camp.

THE IP CHANGES EVERY 10 DAYS OR SO. IF YOU CAN'T CONNECT, READ THE THREAD

DRC Server website: wurmian.cloudapp.net/
DRC Discord for updates when ded serber: discord.gg/4XpYUAF
Holla Forums wurm general Discord for whateverthefuck: discord.gg/9sABbGt
Previous thread: archive.is/gDC0l

‘’’How to join’’’
1) Download and install the client from here: wurmian.cloudapp.net/client-download/
2) Open gamesettings.txt in WRC\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
3) Change the value for connectByIpIP to 88.1.54.34, save changes.
4) Run WurmLauncher, choose your name and enter the proper IP : port = 88.1.54.34 : 3724
5) Create your character and follow the directions given in the map posted.
6) Ask one of the people there for an invite to the Settlement.

‘’’TIPS TO AVOID FUCKING UP’’’
If you are caught in the water with no stamina (green bar) left you will start to drown. Catch your breath before attempting to cross a river/lake.
Most enemies can’t swim. If an enemy is chasing you, it can easily be avoided by moving into the water and swimming away. Enemies that CAN swim include bears, anacondas, and crocodiles.
The tent you are given when you create your character functions as a spawn point. If you’re running for your life, and the end draws near, just chuck that fucker down so when you do bite the dust you don’t get sent all the way back.
New players lack the Body control skill needed to ride a horse (21) but are able to ride cows (not bulls). Use the rope you start with on a cow to Lead it which will then allow you to Ride it. You do not slow down when out of stamina when riding on an animal or cart, allowing you to go at full speed for the whole journey.

‘’’ALL OTHER GAME INFORMATION’’’
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/q6ncre3mgqnrw93/WRC-21_09_2016.exe?dl=1
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Trader
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132377-wgenerator-wurm-unlimited-map-generator/
poal.me/2i37v
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Basic_Knowledge
drc.servegame.com
hollaforums.com/thread/10390561/video-games/there-s-a-group-of-us-that-is-willing-to-create-a.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kLENMaLLeeg
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=69006&sid=39a71aa31210ad12db422d945ac142c1&start=15
puu.sh/v55Xh/38e8f32813.jar
mega.nz/#!wz5CwCCC!4NTltfLAANpDQcpMbKoueqf6HM8ctPer18uKkCIPim4
puu.sh/v5iet/2f1de334a8.jar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for we need a fucking vynora colossus for the chapel

anyone got the code you need to have access to the older / beta builds for the official version ? I've already got my character tied to it, and to roll it back i need a fucking shitty code to access it to connect to the server now. fucking end me.
I don't want to restart is what I'm getting at, unless we swap servers then w/e

oh wow apparently I'm retarded,
i had to restart steam entirely, but it just rolled itself back to the previous version. never mind, i'm all good now.

artifacts are gone too

whose cow-horse is this? or at least who wants it? she's in a fence now but she was roaming free helping herself to the cornfield.

wait a goddamn second there's horses roaming around all over the place

Neato, but you want to put it where? Colossi are a big deal. We may need to set up a committee.

Summer hats would be fantastic if they didn't make your character bald.

Please tell me you haven't stuffed them in my yard. There's enough surplus animals sitting around in there, they don't need to be any more cramped. Speaking of which, these surplus animals need to get the fuck out of my yard. The sheep and four branded horses are mine, everything else is up for grabs.

If not today, tomorrow I'll be aroud until my eyes bleed.

Quit making these threads and let it die.

I keep getting tempted to come back into this unproductive timesink and these beautiful serb admins keep bringing me back to my senses.

is trying to help you friend

use it or lose it friend
If Juicy Fruit Farms is still standing then I can tell without even looking it at that it is a 5x5 deed with no guards which means no upkeep to get multiplied when things start getting ^2 and ^3 due to no one being around forever.

Broschwitzians had been on regularly. Broschwitz, Brochwitz menagerie, the island deed and the cathedral, all Bro-owned deeds on the map, were all simultaneously and manually drained of funds by the admins. Juicy Fruit is a fuckhuge deeded farm and the only reason it wasn't drained was because Nissin made it with their non-Broschwitz citizen alt and so was spared from the Bro genocide.

Shit, you're right.
I guess we'll just have to play on that other wurm pirate server.

Oh wait.

>There's almost no chance of getting everyone together and remaking a new city because the admins suck the dick of a subhuman who got memed on every other day in pvp at one point had his items turned into a scavenger hunt with the admins permission

It really hurts Holla Forums. It really does

Whait's scavanger hunt was hilarious. I wish there would've been a way to record his adventure from his side. I imagine there must have been much autistic screeching.

I just felt bad it took me so long to mine the stone needed to make that stuff because I had such a shitty setup in the mine someone made. I really enjoyed tailoring though Even if I ended up just being hatman

was it a mine by the shore

It was, it was right next to my house Messer here. It wasn't that the mine wasn't set up nicely, it was, it was that I didn't have a good system of helping move the stone and getting it. If you were the one who dug it out, you saved my brother and me a lot of tedious traveling, thanks for that fam

aye lad. nice to hear my mine got some use.

We need our own serb

I used to be against diving the community and making our own serb but this fucking ruskies keep proving me without the slightest doubt that they are incapable of anything but sucking dicks, even if we meme a shitty laggy server populated only by us, its gonna be heaven compared to the absolute shit this is and how shitty its gonna get when the eastern european jew loses interest and starts milking everyone for easy shekels.

So far i know of a precedent when we managed to host a pirate friendly server but shit went south fast mostly because it happened early and we had a high population of people working on this serb doing stuff they didnt wanted to leave behind.

BECAUSE THAT WENT REALLY WELL LAST TIME :^)

I was also against the first Holla Forums server when the pot-stirring was starting up, but back then our only issues with the serb were the lag/downtime and suspicion of admins possibly being faggots in the future. If only we'd known then how right it was, maybe people wouldn't have let the ser/v/er go to shit.

But the admin was a faggot.

The download link is dead.

Also what are the exp/timer settings at? I hope they're not default, I do not have the autism to grind out 90 mining again like I did on the official servers. That was fucking aids.

Also if you guys need a serb, I have run one before, but it has been a while. Wasn't a pirate server so no idea what extra steps are necessary. Also I ran it on a $5 Linux VPS and I have no idea how many people that can support because I only had 4 people on at peak.

Alternatively someone else could set up a box and give me access, and I could set Wurm up for them. That way I don't have to play babysitter. Can get Mumble or other shit going while I'm at it.

Their website seems to have gone down. I'll upload the file to mega and post it here in a few minutes. The exp and timers are both at 4x. IIRC the previous codefag was able to figure out how to get the pirate server working after poking around the files in the pirate download.

Ah it's probably like Minecraft then, where you just disable a setting for checking keys. Knowing how incompetent Rolfe is, I wouldn't be surprised.

dropbox it is then, gonna be a few more minutes

sorry about the long wait here you go

dropbox.com/s/q6ncre3mgqnrw93/WRC-21_09_2016.exe?dl=1

as we consider starting a new server Id like to dedicate this post to the memory of richfag, poor bastard just wanted to give us a fun ride before he succumbed to all his shit.

Thanks for the upload. I'll look at it tomorrow (fucking tired).

daddy here, this game is farmville for autists. I'll come back to it soon, just taking a break playing some other games

I don't got my character any more but i remember in an earlier thread someone said i could complain to the server owner and get my character back is this true?

Yes it is. Just talk to them in the support channel in their discord.

Fuck it, I'll start over, I guess. I miss Brosmouth. How many of you are there with this one?>>12142077
Nice.

How did I fuck up that post? Oh well.

The village has a total of 19 citizens, with about half a dozen playing actively. I'm a bit of a night owl so I'll be heading to bed soon. Every citizen has invite permissions so the first person you run into in town should be able to invite you.

I'm not sure if i want to come back…
Is the Bee update on?
Whats wrong with their main site? The one in OP gives me 404.

in a few more hours lads

Bee update isnt on the server yet, russians still need to work on updating it which it sounds like they are. Their website is down at the moment too, but the server is still up.

Ok im gonna make a list of the stuff i want to see in our serb so we can decide early and ditch this russian jew once and for all, i want you nigs to suggest stuff and object so we can get a consensus on this.

Combat : PVP full, like chaos so villages have to defend from outsiders and wage war on eachother or against the other kingdoms, this way its also posible to play as a bandit and live in the woods stealing shit from other people until you get killed by a band of roaming knights that were hired to remove you.

Factions : No HOTS, only Mol-Rehan and Jenn-Kellon, they are both aesthetically pleasant and not edgelords

Spawn : No town, no safe heaven without pvp, just a patch of grass and make it impossible for people to build shit there

Traders : if possible not, i rather have a full player driven economy of us jewing eachother than some autist mass producing overpriced stuff to found his synagogue, also it would make harder for players to have an autism fort since they would have to trade or atleast leave to get coins for their upkeep

Mods : The bounty mod because its a good way of making money and its pretty well balanced, also the only other ways of getting coins are selling shit on the town token for 1 iron or foraging, the livemap mod its also pretty good.

Mobs : All of them, since we have control of the map it would be fun to have giants too and maybe some artificial placement of mobs like goblin towns appearing inside caves or a dragon taking over an abandoned town.

Religion : idk if this was a mod thing or not but remove all the shit restrictions from priests, that was crap.

Also if someone can post the map from last thread i would appreciate it

Combat: I'd be fine either way, I think PvP is fun but also presents its own issues when you throw autists into the mix, but I enjoyed it on WO so I'd be cool with having it.

Factions: All of them should be in there as they are by default, or at the most making HOTS not hostile to the other factions.

No traders is fine as long as theres a good way to get money like the bounty mod. Also free 5x5 deeds which I believe is just a server setting. Increased rates is a given, but nothing super high.

If possible, lowering the requirements for directing gods on valrei. As it is by default, it takes weeks to make anything happen on valrei unless you have a whole shitload of people working together. Enabling valrei spawns on the normal world too, perhaps at a slightly increased rate. Enabling missions also gives something else to do and helps enable more valrei events.

If There aren't traders then money is useless.

Theres traders and merchants. Traders are the NPC ones that sell stuff from a generated list and refill their money periodically, and merchants are basically player run shops where a player gives them items to sell and people can buy them from merchants.

Now that I think about it though, traders are the only way to get certain items, so they should still be present if someone hosts a Holla Forums server.

The combat is literally the worst part of the game though.

Guess you'll have to cozy up with people who know how to utilize combat.

You need money for deeds, so mayors will need to tax or make enough money to support their villages.

Foraging might give you enough coins to start and maintain a small village, you can also sell trash for 1 iron per ql at the token, then the bounty mod is for bigger deeds and to get a more stable source of money, if your town grows more and no more beasts or free land is surrounding it then you will need to resort to trade stuff like armors and weapons to other towns more deep into the wildlands and use the money from those to support your deed while those towns use the equipment to hunt.

This can also make trader a viable career for someone with a wagon and free time, you could also set up a tavern in a road and charge for beds and food to mantain the deed.

Yea to be honest i think we need them for that stuff, but is there a way to disable them buying stuff?

Thats your taste fam and if you can build a big enough wall im pretty sure you wont need combat anyways but some people like it and they deserve to enjoy it too.

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Trader

Reading a bit here im starting to think i might be wrong, traders do a lot of cool shit and arent as broken as i taught, maybe we should enable them like in the vanilla game and let them work for the deeds they are in.

maybe im just confused with the ruskie serb unlimited money traders that bought any crap they could get, this even talks about supply and demand.

By default I believe they will shuffle their money around every once in a while, taxing some of their money to the king of their kingdom if there is one, splitting their money back up amongst all the traders in the kingdom,and then generating a small amount on top of that. Over time generates free money but not at a fast rate.

If they really want to play, all they'd have to do is knock the wall down.

There is also a percentage that gets taxed right for the deed upkeep if a foreigner buys or sells something, so you could have a deed all for yourself as long as people come and buy stuff or sell it to your trader.

Are you scared of goth chicks or something?
Keep them in.

Spawn should at least have a guard tower, kingdom storage (just 1 bsb and fsb should suffice), and those guys that offer to fill up hunger and thirst for your first 24 hours. The last server was fucking nuts having all three spawns on the same small island resulting in war between each factions guardian animal but it managed to work out somehow.

As far as mobs go I'm fine with everything except the admin making retarded custom mobs like last time. It was funny for a day but it gets shit when you can barely hunt because the fucker placed a *hurrdurr instakills u* mob barely half a mile from the settlement.

The restrictions on priests are vanilla. It is the pact you sign with your god in order to receive access to spells and enchants. If you can't deal with not being able to make things like carts, houses, or walls then get them created before you priest up. Furthermore, you are free to go against the wishes of your god at the risk of losing Faith. The chance of your god catching you in the act is not 100%. It is only a crime if you are caught. If you wish to become a priest then you must accept what crafts it binds you to. Whitelighters may farm, Blacklighters may not. Fo allows digging and alchemy. Magranon likes mining. Vynora wants you to chop trees and pave roads. Libila allows both mining and chopping trees and gets horny when you steal and destroy shit. All priests are allowed to create items that are "instantly" created, so you can make arrows but your god forbids you from improving them. You can make nails but unless you are Magranon or Libila you cannot mine the iron to smith them without risking your god's ire.

I agree, i think we could set up the 3 kingoms in this locations

Also i agree, only basics and maybe if we let players be kings we might get some people to start building their own big hub spawn towns and sometimes get bullied and burned down back to the basics, it would be fun and work as an end goal to keep people interested.

And the problem with that restriction is that people will just make an alt and then keep it praying while they play with their main character and only having the priest as a spell dispenser when necessary.

Forgot image

You say that as if it isn't already a vanilla feature. Players can be kings, the game simply calls them different names depending on their faction.
Jenn-Kellon has a Grand Prince, to become which you must seek out the Lady of the lake and be judged worthy.
Mol Rehan has a Chancellor, to become which you find the Stone of the sword and successfully pull out the sword within.
Horde of the Summoned has an Emperor, to become which you must pass the test of the Cobra King.

There are even titles king's acquire after their reign is over depending on how much land they gained or lost during their reign so they'll always be remembered as _ the Traitor Warrior or __ the Great Saviour.

Reminder that unless there's a way to generate the map based on that image alone then we're not going to see it.

Another thing to consider is that PvE with hota enabled is also a possibility because that's what slav server used to have. It allows people to make their fuckhuge inns, farms, and docks without worrying so much and it gives the poopsocks a place to fight each other regularly in.

kangdoms

I haven't the foggiest as to how this would work, but this seems promising.

>forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132377-wgenerator-wurm-unlimited-map-generator/

Combat : I don't mind pvp, but I'm also kind of hesitant about the whole, "New guys come to server, pull a whaitea and make them quit because lolraidnewbies" I think HOTA does pretty well for that, but I don't care one way or another, just thinking about how to have more people playing or if we want that at all.

Factions: Let the edgelords be edgy so people may mess with them, I don't have a problem with them being there other than the occasional new guy picking the wrong kingdom early on

Spawn: Trader for general trader only items, I'm fine with them being locked Even though that would kill my tailoring profession from buying shit, but it's either or for me.

Mods: Whatever the others want, the bounty mod I'm fine with as well as the livemap

Mobs: I'm fine with all your suggestions, I mean shit, we fought hellhounds on a regular basis, what's a goblin town to that?

Religion: I'm fine with the vanilla restrictions, since it'll give people more a reason to work together Even if we never really had that problem in the first place But since I don't use it, I'm fine either way.

If I remember right, you can set how much money traders keep on them and how it gets shuffled around… but it has been a while since I looked at the settings.

Welp I am but a simple codefag who hosted a Wurm serb for my friends for a few weeks. Never done anything at this scale, never loaded mods. But I do love tinkering…

Combat: PVP Full can lead to full on autism though, with no-lifers playing all day to get an advantage. But I suppose it's sometimes better than the whiny drama of the PVE servers. Dunno.

Factions: I thought 3 factions was just to prevent stalemates

Spawn: You can do random wilderness spawns I think. Not sure if I remember that right. Set wilderness spawns would just lead to ganks though. It sounds hardcore but it would just be gay.

Traders: If I remember right, there is a lot of control over how much money traders can have. You definitely need to have them in some capacity to provide the objects they have, but you can minimize the unlimited monies for sure

Mods: never used them but I can look at it

Mobs: Not sure about placing mob spawns but I imagine it can be done. I know you can control the amount of mobs easily though.

Religion: Having to sacrifice some of your functionality is ok, but wow some of those restrictions are retarded. Would definitely need feedback on this, because you don't want *everyone* to be a priest, but you don't want it to suck mad dick either.

Map: now here is something I know literally nothing about. Getting a map into a WU is aparently some sort of secret black magic.

Combat: I'm for it on a Holla Forums serb in some capacity. Whether free-for-all PvP, inter-kingdom or just PvE with HotA, but whatever the case, fuck locks and indestructible undeeded houses. I don't know how exactly it works but draining undefended deeds, bashing all undeeded structures and lockpicking all undeeded containers needs to be a thing. Sailing around the serb looting ruins would've been 400% better if I wasn't cucked by impenetrable locks inside 95% damage containers in undeeded houses whose walls had rotted through.

Factions: Mycellium is neat, even if I wouldn't roll HotS myself. Raiding the serb's abandoned HotS spawn full of evil creatures and spectral guards was actually pretty spooky. I want HotS if for nothing else than the environmental effects.

Spawn: There should be a tiny area with unkillable traders at least. Spawn towns are comfy first impressions, even if they're just a little camp with log walls and a fire.

Traders: So long as the unlimited shekels and summer hat exploit are fixed, they seem fine.

Mods: Bounty mod and whatever else serb had minus the tokens, including priest mod and animal mod. And I vote 5x action speed 4x xp rate. This makes low level skill leveling faster and eases horrible tasks like breeding cows taking 60s of immobility. High level skills with good enchanted tools quickly hit speed cap anyway. Shit, maybe even 5x/5x. Weaponsmithing was absolute cancer and we won't have unlimited xp dust giving us effective 32x rate gain anymore.

Mobs: Agreed everything and also all dragons, legendary goblinoids and god avatars.

Religion: Yeah fuck the restrictions, playing a priest fucking sucks with them on and we all end up abusing the hell out of what few dedicated priests we have for enchants. Let everyone be a priest and maybe we'll get more enchanters to share the burden of screeching autists. Also reduced meditation times 100%.

Map: 's file is lost and was supposedly corrupt even when we had it, we can't do it. But it's an excellent guide for any potential mapmakers, with a lovely variety and dispersion of biomes and enough big badass volcanic mountains and rivers without making the map utterly impassable on foot (seriously, remember what a fucking nightmare riding a horse/wagon on a hill is and go easy on those slops).

As i have said in threads before - Holla Forums serb is a BAD idea! Unnecessary drama will come and destroy and divide us!
It pains me to say it, but the best option would be going to plain WURM Online and make a community there. Not every one can/want to buy the Unlimited game.

Heh, here i am dividing us - oh the irony.
Anyways this is my opinion - take it as you wish.

no thanks

Well its not really that easy to raid newbies and of corse they will spawn with nothing of value and the biggest value on them is their autism, people will try to cap that and make them join a village in exchange for protection, i asume that the biggest, real conflicts will be fought between kingdoms.

Im actually gonna change my opinion on the edgelords and traders since we need them for balance and the traders are actually more balanced than i taught.

I hope a reason for people to move their asses and start making war with the green midget jew

And the problem with priest restrictions is that people WILL make an alt and make the priest a secondary spell dispenser, for the sake of commodity i would rather allow people to do it without juggling different accounts.

Yea but wurm combat its a different beast, you cant roam constantly without rest coz mobs will erode your life, towns have pretty good guards and getting surrounded even by a mob of angry peasants its pretty bad, even a 100 fs character with top gear will get fucked if he tries to bully a town by himself, and the likeness of getting 10 autists that for no reason other than to fuck with everyone start killing random people its small and even in those cases the GM can just ground them for being autistic fucks, PVP mostly will allow fights between kingdoms and some real fun large scale pvp.

Yea stealing its good and it will probably make HQ locks something people will really want, also guards can notice you if you try stealing inside a deed, plus the risk of getting KOS on nearby settlements.

Well i guess it was too big anyways, maybe if some user can make one and make it 4 island, 1 per faction and a crazy big one on the middle where all the shit will happen.

Also in PVP serbs the archer towers work and shoot at any enemy players so defending a village its not as hard or difficult as it seems

I apreciate your opinion user but we are between a rock and a hard place, the best choice to avoid drama its just make the serb with a static set of rules and let the moderation do the bare minimum to keep shit rolling while the players play, drama always happens but atleast we wont get jewed by a russian or banned in online for drawing our windmill of friendship and tolerance.

Also x1 rates and not being able past lvl 20, just fucking kill me nobody has the ultra autism for that

What do you mean? They're the easiest thing to raid because they have no fight skill to defend themselves with and lack the resources to properly secure their shit.
Nothing except compasses, steel and flint, 50QL longswords. rope, and any cotton or wemp they may have foraged in the short time they've been alive.
While technically true, the conflicts will not be that big. The last Holla Forums server had almost everyone going Mol Rehan while only a few people went HotS and even fewer went JK. The highest extent PvP reached was just idiots getting ganked. You had people walking around with their entire toolshed on them and weighed down by chain armor which was rendered useless by their nonexistent Fighting Skill and then they'd ragequit because they got the shit beaten out of them like the retarded piñatas they were and lost everything they had.
People will make alts anyway. Especially since certain priest actions such as giving and listening to sermons scale with the amount of people present to hear them. Priests are meant to be a supporting role in a settlement. It is why each god allows and even encourages them to do some form of production of raw materials and "basic" item making. (basic meaning making things like yo-yo's, rope or stone bricks as opposed to carts or barrels or improving arrows). Not being able to make boats or colossi isn't the end of the world. A player that has a house and whose main job is farming will have absolutely no fucking problem when it comes to becoming a whitelight priest. But if you're the town blacksmith, or a bowyer, or any other job that relies on improving items or more advanced item making, then fuck off you don't get to be a priest, be happy with your follower buff.
The restrictions can even be seen as a blessing in disguise. If you're not immediately needed to gather anything, you're able to level skills other players might not consider or would just ignore. For whitelighters, a good example is animal taming. While other players are doing their little side projects, priests can level that up so that when a battle happens, you will have players that can call in bears into a fight because they were the only ones in a position that made it easy to decide to train their taming to such a degree. Removing priest restrictions is a retarded move and will probably lead to even more alts because if people are serious about killing each other, they will want to bring as many offensive spells to the fight as possible. Combat rating doesn't mean shit if you have 10 fire pillars on your dick.
where are you getting this expectation that PvP is going to be large as opposed to one main town having to deal with a couple poopsocks that drop by to try to catch someone outside the walls? you know, the exact same situation we had on the previous server? Our expectations need to be realistic.

Obviously if someone autistically refuses to join any village and just walks int the woods of course but even newbie settlements with just a palisade wall are already difficult, if they deed it they get respawning guards and if they build archer towers they also get permanent damage on anyone who tries to get near the walls.

Idk if you really think thats worth making enemies with everyone, and if they join a village they get a free teleport so you are gonna have to be hunting new people who go forage outside of their villages so they can just run back or call for help, idk if its worth all the risk but its better to have some risk than absolutely none

The previous serb was underpop because it happened during a time we were busy making our town and nobody had any need for leaving besides lag, now we really dont have much to lose and lag its the smallest of our problems with this serb, the constant jewing and autistic mods are more pressing matters.

And yea, i exagerated there, but there are also catapults and treabuchets that can be used for sieges, and fights will happen, eventually a group of atleast 5 autists will try taking over a village and fight another 5 autists and their guards, that shit happens on wurm online and it will happen faster here, not right at the start but eventually it will.

About kingdom overpopulation i dont know, i guess nigs will fancy one over the other, someone is gonna get bullied and thats just the way shit is, and if people walk around the land carrying all their shit its they problem, the easiest way to secure your stuff is join/build a village, deed it, wall it, store shit inside a house, if someone is too dumb to realize that its their loss.

I dont know about priests, i never played one so im gonna make a poll since its quite a hot topic.

poal.me/2i37v

WO has a subscription, but you can get WU for free. Doesn't get more accessible than that.

Also have you ever actually played on the official servers? Shit is SLOW. I got my mining up to 90 and it literally took months of eating ore veins.

I've worked with this in the past, it takes forever.
I have some maps I made on my HDD still, will upload somewhere if you guys want em.
Here're one 8k and 2 4k maps

One more 4k with mineral information.

Is there a way to make ores appear only on certain areas? like make ores only spawn in mountain areas and rare ores spawn in certain strategic places so people are forced into fighting for those?

And zoomed out heightmaps, because the originals range from 15-60mb

I made these in 2015 unless the program had an update for manual placement since then, no.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

sorry

Also there was an issue with addy/glimmer veins, the prospect would say thousands left, then only last for about 40 hits. Don't know if that was ever fixed.

I got curious about the game a little while ago and I want to try it out once i'm home.
Can anyone give me a general explanation about the game?

What I managed to gather so far is that
- it's a sandbox game
- very centered around player interaction
-players take upon themselves jobs to benefit themselves and the community (which is also player-made) and gain skills in the process.
-a lot of buildan, craftan and farman a la minecraft (though looks much deeper)
- stuff like deities, monsters and shit exist

And that's pretty much it.

What i'd really like to know is:
-is singleplayer enjoyable? (Or at least a good way of grasping the game before jumping into communities)
- what is created 'naturally in the world? I know monsters and terrain but is there anything like dungeons or npc villages?
-does the map have borders or is it infinite?
-are communities and factions an in game mechanic or is it a roleplaying thing?
-and anything else in general I can expect in this game

My idea of what the game is came from this thread and the trailer, Youtube videos are all either super long or one of those 'hey guys gamerman222blazeit here' channels, often both.

Playing by yourself is okay for just starting, but the game and your experience will really shine when you actually play with people. It gets comfy as hell working with people, and you'll be able to get a lot more done and learn more with people.

All in all, join the community, read the wiki, learn as you go, and help around town, people will be glad to have an extra hand and teach you about shit in exchange, it's how I did things

Not unless you're at the tippy top of the spectrum. You should try to get the hang of things in SP before bothering others with noob questions.
In the vanilla map there's 2 (I think) premade towns, roads, and watchtowers. Custom maps are full wilderness.
Borders, see the maps I posted earlier.
Almost a requirement.

Watch some of the super long videos while setting the speed to 2x.

When first starting out it's best to join a village while you figure out the basics. Your combat stats are absolute garbage meaning you'll have a hard time killing even goblins and wild cats. I've only used singleplayer to test out some autistic speedrun strats for starting out fresh with almost nothing, I would not advise it for a brand new player.
The entire world is pretty much various regions of wilderness, monsters, player settlements, and abandoned settlements that used to have players in them.
Maps have borders. The map you see in the OP is the entire playable area in the server we're in. Trying to sail beyond that will result in spooky shit happening to you. You have been warned. However, if the server has two maps running at the same time, they can be linked through bodies of water, effectively meaning you can sail from one map to the other. We've done this in the past, it was how we migrated from Brosmouth to this map once the last one got fucked up.
Freedom Isles is the default PvE faction that everyone is a part of on a PvE server, which is what we're currently playing on. You can have formal Alliances with other settlements which gives everyone who's a part of the alliance their own chat tab to communicate with. On a PvP server there's normally three major kingdoms fighting for power and influence along with the possibility of independent Player Made Kingdoms striking out on their own.

Open the Wurmpedia in another window and keep it open at all times while playing. Some of it can be a bit outdated but it's still reliable in a pinch. It is your bible now.

Like said, watch some super long videos if you think it'll help. I recommend Gamester4life's wurm playlist. The man's like a British Bob Ross but instead of painting he plays games about building houses, farting, and farming wemp.

Wurm is a complex game with a lot of hidden shit that you'll only really learn through experience. See you in town.

Not unless you are an autistic robot

Finite map with borders, the terrain its all pre-generated tho it can be changed by players, no towns or NPC's but there are monsters that spawn and some of those have lairs/buildigns that make them spawn more

If you build something it will decay slowly and anyone can come and bash your door open with a maul to steal your shit or build walls and lock you in, to prevent this you need a deed, deeds cost money to mantain so you will need money and once you have a deed you can invite other players, you get a cozy village chat and a list of who are your brethen.

Every villager that joins that village can build in the deed, they can store stuff in there and pretty much live comfy inside, thus adding to and benefiting from the safety of the deed.

So i would say its pretty much mandatory to be part of a village unless you like living in the wilds eating mushrooms.

Long waits, 'tism, being killed by a croc and losing everything, more waiting, imping, driving a wagon down a road while being chased by a horde of eldritch abominations, bulling whaitea and maybe fun.

Don't forget cozy friendship with fellow autists across the spectrum all working for a common goal

Well, I tried watching this guys first video and after about 12 minutes of mostly glorifying the game I gave up.

So the consensus is to play a tiny bit of singleplayer to get a general grasp of control and the HUI and then hop on to a server, grab onto the wiki for dear life and learn as I go?

What are the super basics I need to know before joining the server?
I don't want to come off as a moron who's asking about everything.

That's kinda difficult to answer both because it has been so long since I played and because there's a ton of questions players get sick of answering then the player leaves and never comes back.
I have the itch to play and bought the legit version before Holla Forums found a scurvy server so, if you'd like I'll play with you and see if I remember the ropes well enough to show you them.

WSAD

Search in the wiki and if you cant find the answer ask someone

Good luck

Feel like a moron, but do what I do and ask if people need help doing things. I spent my first 3 hours after making it to Broschwitz paving roads under the watchful eye of a veteran player, and had a decent time learning the ups and downs. Use that time helping to ask little questions of the activity, maybe learn what profession you want to learn, and get with the comfy

If you want to hop on the server, I'm gonna be getting on shortly and I can send you an invite to the settlement which will give you a free teleport to the town (its halfway across the map from spawn) and can help you out with the basics and answering some questions.

I appreciate the offers guys, but i'll only be home next weekend, i'll definitely give the game a try!

Most of the non-combat parts of the game are done through right-click context menus and using items on things, so its pretty straight forward once you get the basics down. Use the wiki linked at the end of the OP for crafting recipes and requirements for things. It also explains most mechanics relevant to the different skills. You can also bring up the right-click menu on anything and use the "Browse Wurmpedia" button on the bottom of the menu to get a little popup of its wiki entry as well.

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Basic_Knowledge is pretty good to explain the bare basics (ignore the part about account creation)

what's the new ip?

88.1.54.34 port 3724
I was the only one on just now, so it is boring as usual.

I didn't read the middle bottom part of the thread until now, but I like the new ideas of brainstorming for a new server, but you aren't supposed to do this when brainstorming so slap me silly nobody plays this game, and even retail from what I hear is ded. If we pick a new serb its still going to be a ghost land, I propose a small land mass so we can have enemies nearby, and dragons.

If i pirated the game how do i know the steam id?

Can you lads invite me to brocelona?
ingame id: AugustoPinochet

[13:36:41] Aged champion wild cat is now submissive to your will.

Did you already get an invite?

Yeah I invited him

Is the game as light on the old grafix card as it looks?
I'm using an ass old gpu with linux.
By the way, how is the linux version? Any problems?

The pirate client doesn't work on Linux sadly.

the game often goes below 30 fps on my 1090t and radeon 6850. it's a huge game made in java with the help of notch so it runs-
it runs like something that doesn't run well at all

Well I CAN use my windows partiton, but I don't really want to unless I absolutely must.

Guess i'm sticking with the windows version.

It's actually more internally nigger-rigged than Minecraft.

Work is about finished on a new, large farm and ranch just southwest of town. It'll be growing a shitton of corn to allow people to grind skills like hot food cooking and animal taming.

There are small two-tile pens that can be used for a variety of purposes such as sparring with the livestock to build shield and fighting stance skills, quarantining any diseased animals, and keeping animals best suited for breeding secure.

There's also a small 1-tile wide tarpit right next to the ranch. As usual just dig on the northwest corner for infinite tar.

If you want to lend a hand as a farmer or rancher the gates are open to all townsfolk. There will be animals that need grooming and breeding and crops that need tending.

Are you a nigger, retard, or sponsored by M$?

You're a fucking madman. If its still empty when I get home tonight I'll come by and plant some shit in there. It's gonna need frequent tending too if its a combination animal pen/farm. Tiles are gonna get stamped down and packed so don't put anything in there that you don't mind potentially getting eaten.

I'm a sucker for these sort of songs

It's all about skill gain. In order to get high skills in things like rope making, tailoring, and hot food cooking you need literally thousands of wemp, cotton, and vegetables with meat to burn through. Meat is gained easily enough through hunting and fishing, but the others is a supply problem that can only be answered through vast amounts of farmland.

The reason I chose to plant corn is because you can't tame horses with pumpkins.

It still hurts Holla Forums ;_;

RIP Chef harbor

Aye, Am still here and willing to foot green to get the serb running provided codefags can code.

Just saiyan, sound off if we got all the shit we need.

I hab one small request: No starting items, the crawl from hell begins with bare hands.

What about bowls and tents? They're extremely useful early game for cooking and storage.
And to add to those flint and steel, I don't think it's possible to start fires without that or the ability to mine, which requires fire to melt down the ore for anvils/picks.

So is this actually a good game or are you all just playing it because you have nothing better to do?

You can make fire with wood scrap and kindling.

It has a few itches it scratches very well, that other games don't.

All of the tools used to create kindling require, at least, iron lumps if I'm not mistaken.

flint and steel is the only thing you can't make without already having it (unless you can kill hellhounds/lava spiders).

Crude tools only require sticks and rocks which you can forage and rummage for. You can make crude tools from nothing, which lets you make fire, which lets you make anything. Flint and and steel is necessary for lighting forges, ovens, and lights, but you can use a campfire for everything until you can make your own steel.

Starting with nothing is pretty aids though because all it means is that everyone that joins has to beeline to the nearest rock tile to Rummage until they find rock shards and then either continue Rummaging or Forage until they find iron rock. Then it's a matter of using them on each other to chip out a crude knife.

Your first priority in terms of resource demands will be to eliminate your dependence on foraged iron and branches because getting your metal and lumber this way is fucking cancer, especially with the cooking update adding 6 million other items to the Forageable items list.

To eliminate dependence on foraged iron you'll need to mine your way to an iron vein which means either making a pickaxe or crude pickaxe, finding a rock tile, and mining until you strike an iron vein, or make a crude shovel in addition to a crude pickaxe, dig down until you unearth your own rock tile, and mine there until you find an iron vein. Note however that crude tools cannot be improved or repaired meaning you run the risk of the crude pickaxe becoming too damaged to use before you ever find iron or your crude shovel becoming useless before you even see rock.

To eliminate your dependence on branches, you'll need a carving knife to make shafts from logs and a way to chop down trees and get logs from them. You cannot get shafts from logs with a crude knife, it must be a carving knife.

Here's basically a step-by-step of what someone with little knowledge of the game would have to do.

Step 1. Rummage rock tiles until you get iron rock and rock shards for a crude knife.
Step 2. Forage until you get two branches to make into shafts, cut a mallet head from one of the shafts and stick it on the other to get your mallet. Combine your wood scraps and hold onto them.
Step 3. Rummage/Forage as much iron as possible. Each rock gives 0.8 kg of iron when smelted and to be fully independent from foraging lumber and iron you will need:
Small anvil (2.00kg) (use mallet on glowing lump)
Saw (1.20kg) (does not require wood to produce, chops down trees slower than a hatchet but can still chop them into logs and is able to make planks)
Carving knife blade (0.30kg) (needs a handle to go on)
Pickaxe head (1.00kg) (needs a shaft to go on)
For a grand total of 4.50kg of iron, or 6 rocks, possibly more considering failed attempts.
Note that a shovel is not on the list because it requires a large anvil (10.00kg) to create the shovel blade. You can try digging out a rock tile with a crude shovel but I don't advise it.
Step 4. Cut 2 kindlings from the wood scrap you have been saving and combine them. Use the kindling on the wood scrap to create a campfire and toss all your iron into it. Fuel the fire with your leftover kindling if needed

Now you just make the listed tools, starting with the small anvil obviously, then go to a rock tile, and pray you can mine your way to an iron vein. With access to iron and wood, it's now far more easier to make other tools and objects you need.

OR we could just skip all that bullshit and just give people the hatchet, saw, carving knife, shovel, pickaxe, rake, etc. that they normally start with.

I see the point you are making, but im gonna agree with the other guy, you see, for the very first start, it will suck a little, starting from nothing in an empty world its gonna take a little extra time, but assuming everyone goes full autism overdrive in the first days i doubt its gonna be that much, probably by the end of the first day we will have access to all the starting stuff and be producing at a normal rate like any of the other towns we had before.

Howerver, fresh starters after that, people who join after the first villages were founded will find themselves alone and facing two choices :

1) do all that shit

it will take them a long time so they will need to consider if the place is right, if their idea its good and even if they answer yes to all that, what about joining an alliance and getting help from another village? being a loner its gonna have some consequences, even if all you want its a small autismfort you will have to work for it.

2) join a village

And thats gonna force people into cooperating, instead of lone autist A and lone autist B going their own ways and making autismo-castles in difficult to reach places, they will have to cooperate to make that boring part go faster and reach the city building stage sooner, and then both will have to figure who is gonna be mayor, where are they gonna expand, who are they gonna ally with, who is not welcome and so on and so forth.

also fixes the old problem of killing newbs for starting items, its a decent gain for the con of a slow beginning.

>hurr im german middle eastern

There will need to be plenty of rock tiles near or at least a reasonable distance from spawn for all three factions. Rummaging for stones and rocks works like foraging in that once a tile has been scavenged, it can't be used again by anyone until some time after it resets. One autist could rummage an entire mountainside and deny anyone who shows up late any access to crude knives. I'd say at the very least start people with a carving knife if absolutely nothing else.

They're making a new website for the server.
drc.servegame.com

Still no download for the client on the website yet though so continue using

this image is literally wendingo.jpg

This is the golden path, richfag. It's not much harder and it's the anti-Ruscancer like that ridiculous 'POWNSTARS GAY HUGE MAGIC TOWER OF I AM SO HOT SHIT' he spawns in everywhere to remind you he pays the $20 required to host his trash server and not some other equally irrelevant autist.

How many buyfags are in this thread? There's a populated server called Isles of Valoria we could invade that usually has 20-50 players on at all times. Its timers and skillgain rates are 2X.
It runs two servers positioned on top of each other for sailing between the two, Valoria for PvE and Shadowfell for PvP. For the PvP server, the default kingdom is Mol Rehan, which means we should go JK.
Why JK? It's a cunning act of reverse psychology. Because Mol Rehan is the default kingdom, it will doubtless have more people than JK does because people are attracted to the "default" and whatever has more players, and the type of person that doesn't want to be MR will know enough about the game to know that HotS is a bigger change than JK is, and so will choose to go HotS instead of JK, in addition to most edgelords that would choose HotS anyway. This is proven by the fact that on their server JK only has 2 players.

I can even plot a general area we could review for settling in by predicting thru-traffic between landmarks expected to be frequented by players coming in through the portals or sailing in from valoria.

Probably only you

I've got a legit copy of the game, but I'd only want to move if there was a big group of people that would actually play on there. Joining a public server to fuck around in and eventually fuck with other people would only work if we had a large handful of people actively playing.

we need a place that the madmen that are fine playing on their own can go to then. the ones that other anons can build a city around once a group starts to snowball.

but if that's the case then the ser/v/er can't come fast enough.

is anyone working on a map for it? do people want to play wurm or not?

Trig here, I'd buy the game and play again if we go the buyfag village route in like 10 people.
I got disheartened upon hearing that the admin fucked Broschwitz over, but I'd play with you fags again on a retail serb.

Im working on a map but i rather someone else do it im literally learning everything from scratch

Still it would be just a few anons and we would have no say on the moderation, if they go "nazis whatch out" on us we wouldnt be able to do anything, its ser/v/ or nothing sadly.

Don't get me wrong, if we're doing a fresh or a minimal start on our own ser/v/er I'm gonna go for that in a heartbeat, just wanted to voice my participation in an alternate group if this doesn't pan out.
Fingers crossed we make it, the circumstances are better for our own server this time around.

How much joy can i suck out of the game if I can only play every other weekend for about 3-ish day?

Does it mean I have no hope of holding onto anything because shit decays?

Nah, shit doesent decay so fast but you will be pretty much an useless nigger since this game requires a lot of grinding, i suggest you focus on one thing alone and work only on that.

ah, than is it even worth playing in this case?
Is it that much grinding even with the higher multipliers?

Uh, let me think

3 hours-ish the first day its probably gonna make you your first little house if you ask people to help you

The second day idk what you plan on doing, if you want exploring or hunting maybe you probably will spend those 3 hours rising fighting first for the third day to set out and explore a bit

Its a big time sink multipliers or not, then im not being creative enough either, maybe you could just ditch making a house, grind FS and go all out as a knight, or just be the town cook and spend 3 hours making meals for the week, but 3 hours a week its not a lot of time, you should atleast give it a day and see how far you get, its worth if you can later sink more time and stuff will probably last even if you cant play for a few weeks.

well, it's more like two whole nights every two weeks (so a whole night a week of average), that's about, what, 6 hours a night? 7?
Is building a house really that long?
would single player give me a good grasp of how much time I should put aside for this game?

If there's a new map/serb then I'd certainly play again, the pown serv is NO FUN ALLOWED and I simply must find new and inventive ways to rape the economy for largely useless money.

No idea about the SP but MP is ponderous, good for podcasts, chasing numbers doing any number of tasks, interior decorating and stabbing up goblins in your fancy pants.

I only ever built small cos I just wanted one room but you learn to prepare materials before building so really it's all about sawing and hauling unless there's a commie hub full of spare shit.

Yeah, as said I'm up for a Holla Forums server as well. I wouldn't mind playing on a public server either, I mostly just want to play wurm with a solid group. If someone can figure out how to run the pirate server and get it hosted then I'm all in as long as it doesn't collapse.

The game at its core is pretty grindy. It was originally designed with the intention of people playing it for months or years, so its paced accordingly. Depending on the rate multipliers, you might be able to get skills up quicker, and a good amount of stuff is locked behind skill levels.

Houses take a bit to build, the length depends on how big of a house you want to build. Depending on the material you use too, it'll add to the time. Basic wooden houses are cheap on wood materials, only requiring planks, but they need nails as well which would require a good supply of iron to be able to make the anvil necessary and then craft a bunch of nails. Something like a timber-framed house would be easier to make if you don't have any iron, as it only requires wooden beams, clay, and grass but would take longer to gather those materials. It also depends on the size of the house. Something small like a singlestory 3x3 or less would be pretty quick to build, about an hour or two if you go with a timber-framed house.

If you were to play on a server though, it would be more doable, and you would have access to more supplies and people with other skills since a lot of projects in this game require multiple different skills to go from start to finish, and that can be split up among multiple people.

Another thing to add, if you do play on a server though and don't play too often, try to stick to smaller individual projects or pick one or two skills and focus on those then whore yourself out to other people.

You'd come in every week and see snapshots of progress (unless it's ded) as wastrel autists and the terminally unemployed pour 2 to 6 hours a day into it per head easily.

New houses and roads, farms etc would just appear out of nowhere around you week to week, new features and surprises and shit unlocks as you advance so if people are grinding separate skills and exploring you'll find some tedious early jobs getting a lot quicker through their efforts.

When we finally all get to play on something that has the cooking update someone could actually make a working restaurant because of how each food gives people a different affinity bonus. From what I've read even cooking the same ingredients in a campfire or oven would result in a different affinity because of how the food was cooked, so if there's a temporary affinity you want to have as much as possible, then not only will you have a "favorite food" but you'll also need to specify to the chef how you want him to cook it.

AugustoPinochet here, im playing on mythmoor atm that has 7.5x rates,it has neat mods, it is fairly populated and it has 3 islands one of which is a pvp island and i have a deed setup, any of you buylads who want to join me post in this thread.

Spawned in, you're offline. Any fellow deedmates online able to send me an invite?

Might buy it, but kinda still don't want to sink my time in it again - super autismo time sink

Wen

I dont have any deedmates, whats your ingame name so i can invite you? Also deed's name is colonia dignitas, in order to go there go to the almorel portal and just head south.

Razgah joined the deed and we renamed it to Brodenburg

Hold on now, so we're doing this place instead? So I just made this for no reason? Are we officially jumping ship or what's the plan here? If we're officially leaving the kike Slav for this place, one joins how?

Oh, and the reason I made the map was because I wanted name ideas for roads.

You need to have the official client and join a serb called mythmoor. Me and razgah are the only members atm but we can invite you now if you join the serb.

Hey fags, I might be able to get a free dedicated server for you fags based in America, and you could give direct feedback on rates/mods/ect for it. Would you be open to migrating to a new server if such an option was available? You'd have to provide the base code/cracks for me to host, as I do not posses the files, but otherwise I can probably handle the rest without trouble.

I told Raz that I'm mulling it over.

If you're serious and can get it done without being a faggot kike like Pown, sure.

Yeah, I'm inexperienced when it comes to hosting, so please no bully if I'm a bit slow with getting stuff done due to my incompetence.

Could you direct me to the cracks for wurm/a guide for hosting it? Are the cooking updates cracked yet?

cooking update isnt cracked yet

Fugg, should I wait? Or do you guys not mind starting on non-cooking update until that rolls out?

Bruv, if you are offering a free server which gives us everything we've agreed upon that'd make the game worth playing, a few new recipes and wider mine entrances can wait. The issue with Wurm has been the faggotry of the hosts, not how many ways you can salt a potato.

the old codefag made it seem like the crack pown is using is nothing special and that once it was working for us he could then do basically anything he wanted with the game.

if someone follows in codefag's footsteps, then a buyfag could upload the relevant files for the cooking update so we could patch it in ourselves.

the cooking update is too good though ;-;

Well, like I said, I'll need someone pointing me in the direction of the cracked code base, then I'll have a look over how the fuck to kickstart the thing- preferably in megaupload form or the like- I don't want to torrent it and shit up the bandwidth of the server I'll be transferring the files to.

This is what we have to work with: Getting the server working is obviously a priority, the cooking update can wait until shit's functional.

Thanks, I can't promise anything as the host doesn't want any illegal stuff (not sure if he just meant hosting drug/pedoshit) on his server- but I'll try to see if I can get a serb running.

Woot, good man!

Sounds like it should be fine, he probably just wants to be sure you're not selling guns and organs to meth-heads for babies.

anybody got pics of the state broschwitz ended up in? all I got is this.

If you can do it by yourself, im willing to shill the fuck out to all of the people who used to play so they come back

If you need any help to do it, post here and tell us.

Wew, look you can try going all in and do a "test" serb to fuck shit up like crazy and then let us migrate to the real serb for the cooking update, but that depends on you, cooking update doesent needs a map reset.

be cool and say what you need to say, we are all paying customers and you are running a modded wurm server, rolf is not a high ranking jew and nobody is gonna go fiddle in the game code to see if there is something among the pepe frogs and swasticas, you are hosting a game fam nobody is gonna even bother looking twice at it.

I rather not, to be honest the shock of the first exodus was bad enough, watching our town abandoned again would feel too sad, or maybe its just the autism talking but i dont care, since playing this game i went all over the spectrum.

Nig storage and the Inn have been levelled, a few of the houses including Kriger's have been gutted or raised, a lot of shit is still standing/inctact.

kinda want to go rescue my rare stool and lamps and anvil and magic chests full of moonmetals, but it's all moot on the cuckserb
feelsbad

anger is that you lad?

Legalize wemp.

Tobacco update when

So richfag, any update?

Uhhh, From what I can tell someones gonna boot a server up physically.

I think i still have the old files around here someplace, with the cracked code in it.

Can Serverfag give us impatient whiny fucks an eta on when this might happen?

Any buylads interested in joining Brodenburg in mythmoor serb, pm AugustoPinochet,Razgah or Mikem
Serb has 3 island clusters one of which is a pvp epic cluster, 7.5x rates, it has several mods, rift and valrei mobs and many more stuff.

Where'd you end up settling? I might.

Brodenburg is in the southeast portion of the mythmoor prime island cluster. A neighbouring deed has a teleport portal to the spawn so going from the spawn to the brodenburg deed is very very easy.

Just to make myself clear the server's name is Mythmoor

ye

better acquaint yourself with the rules first m8

After having actually read all of that shit, I really only disagree with the whole easily exploitable /snipe thing that's clearly just a donation farm with 'premium'. The existence of a 'premium' player for a third party server is also pretty fucking faggy in general, but typical.

this is the case with majority of largest norman populated serbs, but this is one of the prices we have to pay if we want to play on a populated serb that isnt completely barren of life

Brodenburg has 4 people playing now, IT BEGINS

This is so fucking gay. Richfag, where are you? We need this Don't break my heart, I need best option. Mod cuckery a shit.

but what about sailing along the coast raiding norman villages in our knarr longboats?

I was under the impression that so much as saying boo to them would get you banned looking at da-ruelz.

I want to build a town with lads while fighting off horrors and assholes. I don't feel like having to constantly look over my shoulder for some mod to fuck me for having said or done something that hurt someone's feefees.

That is the right impression in all likelihood.

Not richfag but… holy shit I have no fucking idea how to get a serb running without steam authentication. Nothing obvious and no one seems to be openly sharing the solution anyway. And while I am a codefag, I don't really have the time to dig through every single file.

Anyone know how to get pirate serbs going? Even if I can't host it myself, if I can get it working I can at least distribute the necessary files so Holla Forums doesn't have to play under Russian overlords anymore.

Anyone know where to start looking to get a pirate serb going? I don't know how to work around this steam authentication shit. I am a codefag but sifting through Rolf's spaghetti code isn't an appealing proposition, and my knowledge of networking is a bit weak so I might not even be able to fix it anyway.

If I find a solution, I will distribute the serb files here. Do with that what you will.

I'm pretty sure the slav server did it with just using SteamEmu. Look that up.

Been fucking around with SSE actually and you may be on to something. Problem I have now is my server files are 1.3 but the slav client is 1.1.1.1 and it has definitely been modified besides using SSE.

Need to get 1.1.1.1 server files. Any ideas?

isint the real richfag fucking dead?

That's the rumor. I found some 1.1.1.1 server files but they don't seem to run on Windows. I will have to test on Linux later, I'm done for the night.

Thread I found with links and relevant discussion: hollaforums.com/thread/10390561/video-games/there-s-a-group-of-us-that-is-willing-to-create-a.html

In case any linuxfags want to try it out.

Aye, i have a copy of the old pirate serb files, Its a big set of files though and they contain everyone who played on thems IP addresses,

Giving them out again means everyone gets their IP addresses shared again

You were supposed to put the blood tools in the meadhall. We waited for 3 months. You helped kill the town population by not doing that. I had a sign in front of your house for 3 months, taken down 3 or r weeks ago. Not once did you log in.
Also I will play if serb maker can get a serb running.

Kill yourself, Mauer. Your incessant whining about everyone and everything made quitting a pleasure. Nkdragunov was less cancerous.

Hello Anger, nice to see you do exist.

Wew lad

I'm confused. Do people play this game to go to war with other players or do they do it just to build quiet farms and towns?

Make comfytown, kill nasties, grind, explore, if there's other deeds you trespass on or a pvp area then people can fight.

Well, I wonder how my caravel is doing.

Being antagonistic in Wurm is great fun, but due to the dozens of hours of autism that go into every part of it, no-holds-barred PvP where you can nig, destroy and kill anything can rapidly kill your will to play if you get shit on too hard. This is what divides Holla Forums on just what level of PvP to have, from no PvP except for a designated arena with scheduled FFA PvP bouts over trophies and prizes to full scale inter-kingdom PvP with locknigging and deed assault.
Building a town and developing your little lot of land is top comfy, but it quickly gets boring and moot once you've outgrown the threat of monsters, so some level of tribal squabbling amongst players is necessary to maintain interest.

If we can plant our own deeds that'd be a possible recipe for factions to develop (also for assholes to abuse) but we're all best off sticking to a hub town at first until we've some gear and skills.

Maybe restrict the deed stakes somehow, remove the ones we get at spawn but give one to the mayor to plant. Then let merchants sell them at a prohibitive price like 10g p'raps. Then people have something to strive for if they want out they make bank for it and in doing so they'll enrich the lazy vultures in town feeding on their cast offs.

A deed stake doesn't mean you get a free deed. You can make one from a shaft, that's how easy it is to get one. Rather than putting a price on stakes, just put a price on founding a deed, it has the exact same effect. At the end of the day, money is what balances the proliferation of deeds in a server.

I think the 'Throw PvP on a separate island' or something approach a lot of servers take is probably ideal for our needs as primarily PvE focused comfy seekers. Lockpicking on unpaid deeds and shit would probably be good to have on the PvE side though.

That would be fucking gay as shit.

And that's how wurm works.

Also, if someone is making a new server, please turn on regional ore generation, and DON'T EVER LEAK THE MAP FILES TO ANYONE.

There is definitely faggotry but these guys have more information on getting pirate servers up than anyone else I've found so far, and at this point I'd be willing to ask furniggers for help if it means ending the Russian cunt's monopoly.

I don't mean to say it's a bad idea, so much as novel one.

I can smell the new.

:^)

But seriously I should be able to test the linux shit soon, just waiting on my other computer to unfuck itself.

You can go fishing around looking up the russian admins names on places like smartsteamemu and they talk about how they managed to crack it.

you guys are not seriously trying to get a new server up and running?
Without even having the SteamHandler.class-file from the last time Holla Forums tried to run a server?
Or even the whole working pirate friendly server.jar file?

it will end the same either way

Ahh yeah, I remember now.

I'm not saying 'make everyone stay at the hub', I'm saying that players usually need their legs under them before they strike out on their own (if they choose to) so making deeds cost a bit of bank proves that by the time you're able to buy one you know what you're doing, plus if they're pricey we won't get idiots shitting deeds around other settlements like a perimeter in order to hem them in.

One way or another all games end with either everyone abandoning it or the server being wiped.

You're not jaded enough yet, you're posing with a name I recognise too, you secretly want back in as much we do.

If the last one was anything to go by it would be nice to have normals to torture cos otherwise the volatile element within splinters and we end up eating our own in a power imbalance until only the reasonably co-operative remain.

I'd almost say split the Holla Forums pop into 2 camps but then all I'm seeing is a zerg rush/scorched earth where one half gets pissed off and we're back to square one.

Thing is we're too big a force as one unit, I got in late last time around and the place dominated the map, yous had 3 other plots around it specialised to feed it with crops and beasts and to just keep cunts off the north island cos you were harvesting maple on an industrial scale. I ran into a norman shortly after it got shitcanned, he was just touring about the place awed by the amount of work it must have taken. Issue there is there's not enough normal people in the world playing it or they're very disparate across many servers and unlikely to put up with the (most likely) nazi themed rape we'd dish out.

I mean how long would we tolerate a norman town to exist before someone got their purge head on and wrecked it? Then how long would the norman population last?

An arena area might work though I question the whole 'Giving them back their gear when they lose' thing on the last serb, if you're willing to risk your life then your gear should be up for grabs too, get some burning resentment and drama that way too.

What a tremendous waste of a post.

youtube.com/watch?v=kLENMaLLeeg

Lads. Get the cross.

OG Richfag died

Also on a side note, I heard whispers of another pirate serb. I'm doing some digging and I'll post back when I've got shit I can link. Keep the threads alive until then, fam.

I read you can become a god in this. Is it true?

connect refused java error

I'm having flashbacks to when Richfag made his server. I wonder if his files are still floating around.

What the hell is that

Yeah, you need Epic mode and Valrei to be on the server though.

On a WU server the admin can hide an item called the key to the heavens. If you can find it and use it, you will then send part of your soul to the moon, Valrei, where it will wander around in support of one of the standard gods of your choice. This will grant you demigod status. I'm not 100% sure what happens next but I believe once your soul on Valrei gets the cherries of immortality from Walnut the Treekeeper do you then ascend from demigod to full godhood. If the god you support gets them first then there is also a chance that they will bestow the cherries upon you.

I really think about starting to play this game but i think i will wait till we get our own server. Don't wanna put time into character and instantly have to make a new one.

Not to mention all of your hard work potentially being fucked by the admins because their meal ticket is an autistic faggot on a power trip that can't handle the fact that a bunch of retards picked up the game in a few months, built a city like the server has never seen, and proceeded to stomp all over his shitty legacy before being nuked.

Was 4x skillgain a meme this entire time?

10x is fucking faster than every blue avatar of autism combined. It's too fast.

Does Serverfag have everything he needs to get this going?

If not can anyone supply Serverfag with any other things a serverfag might need?

the serb is 4x skill gain 4x action rate for an effect x16 progress multiplayer, figs

I'm going to effect your figs if you don't watch your action rates.

Not entirely accurate. The default for a Creative server is 10x skillgain and 10x action timers, while the default for an Adventure server is 3x skillgain and 3x action timers.

I have both, but they are slightly outdated

Good luck fam, at this point its either our serb or no serb

TRIPS CONFIRM IT!

Sorry fam, it's Holla Forums serb or bust. It is the only way.

Mythmoor PvP reboot slated for some day after April 7th.

So should I wait for our own server?

Yes and if you can, help, i cant do anything coz irl its crazy and i dont have hours to dig trough russian meme pages to find how to host a pirate serb but if you have the time i guess our problems are gonna be the following if we want to get this rolling :

1) Find a way to host a pirated serb that allows goyim who dont want to support rolf to join

2) Find a good serb that can host our autism, at peak autism hours we were about 40 nigs, i would assume a serb capable of handling 50 nigs without much lag should be the absolute perfect, up until 20 i would say it would be tolerable but if it lags with less than that, shits gonna be tough.

3) Find a way to pay for it, if some richfag wants to support our autism with his shekels its fine, if not possible for some reason we need to set up a way for us to collect shekels and give them to the least semite member of our group to fund the serb, this would be a last resort tho, but we have to consider it.

4) Finally make the map and improve some of the code so it works for us, also intall mods and set up the 4x speed and skillgain bonus

Once we get all this shit done i can safely say that we have our own serb and it should last for a long time.

I miss you guys.

If we need to fund a server I can kick in some shekels if we find someone trustworthy enough.

We have a willing server host whom I know but they need instructions on what line and where to change in order to ezcrack the game or host with the ruskie client

I been searching for a while now and so far am only finding dead or almost dead ruskie servers.

user dont do this to me.

You feel it too. We had runescape when we were little. Then we had wurm, for a time.

Will a russian pirate friendly server do?

Give details, man. As long as the connection isn't aids we don't care where it's hosted. At least I hope you mean it's just hosted in Russia. If it's being administrated by russians then we'd have to take a damn good long look at it because the server a lot of people are now sick of was run by over-protective slavs.

What's wrong with Slavs, anyway? Every opportunity to fix their image and be cool, instead they turn around and confirm how subhuman they are.

If some richfag does get a server up, please consult an actual experienced wurm player for how to configure it.
I can start dumping some information tidbits whenever I think of them:

1) If someone can bot to 90 skill in a day, the experience gain is too fast. ==This is what 4x experience rate and 4x action timer is==. Think about how long it takes to become a priest, or to get to rank 7 in meditation. If you can get to 90 skill before someone can become a priest, it's way, way too fast.
If anything, I would argue for fast action timers, but 1x skillgain. Yes, 1x skillgain is low, but Wurm Unlimited's skillgains are different than Wurm Online's. In Wurm Online, you only have a chance to gain skill with every action. At higher levels, the chance of gaining a skillup is retardedly low. In Wurm Unlimited, every single action causes a skillgain. So, even 1x skillgain in WU is exponentially faster than 1x skillgain in WO. Combine that with 4x action timers, and it's ridiculously faster. It took 12 long months of intense autism for me to reach level 90 platesmithing in WO, but with 1x/4x in WU you'll probably still get 90 skill in a few weeks. This will help ensure the server doesn't die in a week because everyone's skills are maxed out.

2) Enable "Epic settings". Some people hate it, or hate the curve, but the the meta boardgame gives a purpose to the game besides PvP, you want to WIN the boardgame. The factions who lose get punished by meteors or giant laserbeams from heaven or if the Wurm himself wins, everyone dies. EVERYONE. It would also be nice if you could speed up the movement of the gods in the meta boardgame's progression speed, but I don't know of any mods that allow this.
A few servers enable epic, but then remove all the artifacts from the world. With a lower than average playerbase, I would recommend removing the artifacts. A village of three dudes isn't going to survive when someone brings a fucking dragon to their town using the Crown of Magranon. However, the setting to remove the artifacts ("End Game Items" checkbox in the Local Server tab) is also tied to the spawning of the white and black altars. That means if you turn artifacts off, nobody will be able to join a religion - this is what the previous richfag (may he R.I.P. in peace) fucked up. You're probably better off just destroying the artifacts manually or something.

3) Enable regional ore generation. Regional ore generation forces people to actually venture out into the world, and prospect for minerals. Mines have to be claimed and protected, adding more depth (and more importantly, more playtime) to the game. Non-regional ore generation is retarded because some chucklefuck can deed over a 20x20 plot of land and have access to every type of ore there is. Compare the two attached files, you'll see what I mean.

Let me tell you a story about regional ore generation. One day, we caught word us that a group of 5 people were taking a sailboat to go mine some high quality gold veins in their mine up north. Being the sneaky Jews that we were, we had already bashed down their stone mine door and replaced it with our own. Next, we set the permissions on the door to "All", so they could walk through it, and wouldn't realize we owned it. We all stealthed nearby, and waited for them to arrive. Once they entered the mine, we quickly followed them inside, and our priest collapsed the tile leading out. They were trapped like rats, and more importantly, they were spread out in a giant maze of tunnels. We picked them off one by one, and then casually mined our way back out of the cave.
Now think about what would have happened without regional ore generation. They would have walked 20 tiles into their mine for the high quality gold, never leaving the safety of their guards.

To enable regional ore generation, simply delete the "resources.map" and "rock_layer.map" files from the database's directory. They will be regenerated automatically the next time you boot up the server.
Most map generation tools (like WGenerator) do not support regional ore generation, so re-generating the rock layer is important.

4) Make the world somewhat small, probably 2056x2056 (4,227,136 tiles total). The old richfag used an 8096x8096 world (65,545,216 tiles total), which is retardedly large, to the point where it took over 12 hours to fully circumnavigate the map. Good luck finding any of the Valrei collectibles in a world with 65,545,216 tiles, or finding Verd's hidden dwarf fortress in a world with 65,545,216 tiles.

5) Give the world a high mob density. There doesn't need to be 1 mob per square, but villages should basically get attacked on at least a daily basis. The town should have to gather a militia to fend off the troll rapefugees. There's basically no PvE if the mob density isn't higher than average. You do this by going to the Local Server tab and setting the Max Creatures value higher, as well as setting the Aggressive Creatures value higher.

6) Wurm Unlimited servers have 3x Combat Rating by default. This is kind of retarded, because autists with 70 fightskill are going to RAPE people with 30 fightskill.
The differences in their combat ratings without the multiplier is 14 - 6 = 8 CR. The guy with 30 fightskill isn't going to win, but 3 people with 30 fightskill could beat someone with 70 fightskill.
The differences in their combat ratings with the multiplier is 42 - 18 = 24 CR. The guy with 30 fightskill is going to be raped because of the power difference. You would literally need 5 people to overpower him.
The multiplier also negatively affects combat rating buffs/debuffs. You lose 1 CR for leading a horse behind you. A dude with 42 CR isn't going to give a fuck about losing 1 from towing a horse, in fact they should probably lead 4 horses.
The problem with this, is that 3x CR is actually nice for PvE encounters. Grinding mobs with 1x CR is very Hitlery, and you basically have to fight in a party. Even in a party, you're likely to get raped by stronger monsters. Also, fighting unique mobs with 1x CR is basically impossible. I don't know what to do about this, since I don't think it's possible to enable the multiplier for PvE but disable it for PvP.
At the very least, reduce it to 1.5x-2x to make PvP less retarded. You can change it to whatever via the "Player combat rating multiplier" field in the Server tab.

The person here who is willing to host, once again, first needs to know how to crack the ruskie client/WU base client. if anyone knows this would be appreciated.

I assume that from there its as simple as opening the port, and giving everybody the IP.

7) Somehow limit multiboxing. Even on non-pirate servers, there are ways for anyone to connect an infinite amount of clients. In the old server owned by the old richfag (peace be upon him), I would log on to 20 alts to give a sermon to all of them. And so would the other members of my village. I would gain like 3 faith in a single Sermon, and that basically defeated the point of faith. Some of the magnon's were using alt bots to create a colossus, and while I did thoroughly enjoy killing said bots, it just defeats the point of the game (which is teamwork and autism).
I don't think there's really a way to magically enforce this, you would have to catch multiple clients connecting from the same IP address.

Where is the last hostfag? And have you tried messaging other hosts and asking them what needs to be done to make it pirate friendly?

the last hostfag is in the goddamn afterlife.

Oh well, what about asking on forums or something? I was looking for about a half hour and couldnt find anything (my jewgle skills are lacking).

Richfag may be dead, but he didn't just find a cracked server. We had a codefag playing with us who hacked the server jar himself. He played alone, on his own village in HotS. I don't know how to contact him, but I'm sure he could save us.

All we need is the cracked server files which I can then give to hostfag and get the ball rolling, I hope that codefag is still lurking to read this, perhaps he can tell us what needs to be done or even provide the files to host directly.

SAVE US CODEFAG!

I know somone who knows several coding languages, he might be able to wurm around in the code and see whats up if the original codefag doesn't show.

not sure how willing he would be to help since I showed him some of the examples of wurms awful code weve shitposted about and he was disgusted.

rarity==rarity :^)

8) As server admin, don't intervene in the world. As Bender from Futurama learned, nothing you do as God will benefit the players. Unless someone legitimately needs help, from a bug or something, leave them alone.
The most retarded thing you could do is set a player's body strength to 50. I can't believe that even happened.
The most you could do is maybe create some hilariously named uniques (everyone will still laugh when "The aged Kike moves in to attack you", even though it's been done before).

9) Deeds basically have to be cost-free to purchase. There is literally no way to gain money without a deed already existing, and it's painfully slow at first. Deed upkeep should still be enabled, so people can't create a million max size deeds. And guards should always cost money. In the Local Server tab, enable "No deeding costs" and "Settlement upkeep enabled".

10) Increase the crop growth timer, holy shit, it should not take 6 hours for crops to grow. Not only is it too fast, but you'll have to check on them every hour or so to prevent them from wilting. It should probably be increased to 1-2 entire days for a crop to fully mature. To change this, look for the "Field growth timer, hour" field in the Local Server tab. A value of 1 hour means crops will grow to maturity in 6 hours. A value of 4 hours means crops will grow to maturity in 24 hours, and a value of 8 hours means crops will grow to maturity in 48 hours.
Also, DO NOT DISABLE CROP WILTING. This basically allows infinite food for animals and humans alike, you may as well just disable crops altogether.

I searched through my old chatlogs and found out how he did it.
He decompiled the .jar file, edited some of the Steam related code, and recompiled a new .jar file. He didn't say exactly what he changed, but looking at the decompiled code, I almost think that if you just changed SteamHandler.class's "wasSucces" parameter to always be true, it might start working. If nobody else does this before I get home tomorrow, I could probably do it myself.

Also, holy fuck, this code is bad. I'd make a cs graduate image out of it if it weren't 3 in the morning.

Negro I saw that mentioned earlier but didnt think it was actually it. I am off to search for that info again.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=69006&sid=39a71aa31210ad12db422d945ac142c1&start=15

Go to page two I think. I am 90% sure this is the forum that had the shit you needed to change.

Richfag was overrated tbh. No F.

All of this user's posts are fucking gold and should be vigorously studied for implementation into any server worth shit.

Agree with this user. Make our server great from the beginning.

any idea if smart steam emu will have to be used for the server then?
also I remember we could connect to richfags by using the ruskie WRC client with no issues, this is what I used entirely. would the same be true if we were using a server of the same version as the clients?

You are asking the wrong user. I just used my shit tier google skills for that link.

The last time some faggot suggested lower skill and faster action timers the admin fucked it up and even after he changed it the gains over time were still considerably slower than the slav servers. 4x/4x is more than fair and the absolute lowest I would ever consider advising setting a server would be the Adventure default of 3x skill and timers.

I agree with turning on Epic settings though. As far as artifacts go I would like it if the admin reintroduced them once both whitelight and blacklight had priests willing to track them down.

I'm fine with either 2k or 4k maps. For mob density, yeah turn that shit up.

The 3x CR only applies to creatures and not PvP. Check pic related. The amount of times people request something for a server and back it up with statements are just wrong worries me.

You can't really stop multiboxing. That said, based on my experiences in playing on the last Holla Forums server I suggest there be three rules. First is the Out of Sight, Out of Mind rule. You can multibox, but you cannot have your alts bot all day in the middle of town spamming the fuck out of everyone else's event logs. If you're playing on them normally, that's fine, but if you're botting you take that shit outside, down the road, in the woods, in a mine, whereverthefuck. The second is the Cattle rule. Your alts are considered livestock. Only one of your accounts may participate in combat at any given time. If that account dies, the only option any nearby alts have is to flee or forfeit their lives. The alts may not equip weapons and may not assist you directly in combat in any way, shape, or form in both PvE or PvP. This includes healing. The only exception to this rule is when a player engages in combat with one of your alts on your own territory while the combat account is too far away (such as hunting in distant lands) to rescue the alts, upon which one and only one alt may fight back in self-defense. The third and final rule is that you may have two alts in addition to your main account.

Four hour field growth timer sounds reasonable. Crops grow fast enough to keep the farmers busy but not so fast it's like a factory.

last page in that forum has the newest version of the dedicated server files and an instruction on how to obtain them

Bless you user. The codefag there is the hero we need. So, on page 16 he has server and client files for 1.1.2.3 and they definitely work (I've tested them). It seems he is only using SSE and hasn't modified the serb files at all.

On page 17 he shares a 1.3.1.2 client but no dedicated files yet. I imagine it can't be hard to get the 1.3.1.2 server with SteamCMD and then use the SSE settings from his 1.1.2.3 server to get it working. I don't have time to try it today but that's the route I'd take.

If that works… distribute the 1.3.1.2 client, get everyone to change (AND SAVE) their "steamid" in the SSE settings, and that's it, we're in.

Either way, I can confirm the 1.1.2.3 serb *DOES* work, so if nothing else, use that.

I had a dive into the code and I have to ask: is this all Rolfe or did he do a bunch of diversity hires or something? It's fucking cancer in there.

Oi, tis screenshot reminds me of when the rapefugee camp shat the bed.

wait, you guys are getting this shit back together?
i don't know if i can abandon the village i just joined though

Put that shit somewhere other anons can get to it now?

if you need the 1.3 files ask one of the buyfags
i'm one but i'm paranoid

Don't be a gaylord

Normalfags arent your friends

Should we?

Do et.

We really could do with being kind of near water

When is your serverpal gonna be putting it up?

YES NO STARTER ITEMS! TRUE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Don't listen to this madman.

THE WEAK MUST BE PURGED

Listen to this madman.

This should be fun, as long as people dont flip a tit about spawning near mobs or too far from their villages, its supposed to be hard you cunts! also it adds even more penalties for death

the bridge goes to the desert, scorpion refugees welcome goy

I agree, most of us have played quite a bit. Foraging for a little while longer and no fucking QL50 longswords would be nice.

Fucks sake it'll be like DayZ in there, hope you like endlessly grinding leather so we can have nice belts m8.

Just so we're clear, Wurm makes a distinction between spawn items and starter gear. That sentence doesn't mean spawn items as in the gear you start with when you spawn in, it means items such as the soulstones which are large rocks scattered throughout the land in Creative. which serve as the spawn point for new accounts.

In a PvP server running Adventure mode, it is expected that each kingdom has an undrainable starter deed which serves as their initial spawnpoint, meaning soulstones don't exist as they are not needed.

How can a lincuck play this? It's made in java but it only comes in plebeian .exes

SPAWN US ALL IN WITH NOTHING BUT OUR HANDS AND PURE AUTISM

Is that a spaghetti sausage condom?

its a dildo

a condom filled with your moms spaghetti

Nigger, that's the whole fucking point of this game. All of you guys that want to skip half way to having nothing to make the moment you start are AIDS.

Rolfe, in his infinite wisdom, didn't even consider the possibility that people would want to play this on Linux, even though people play Wurm Online on Linux. When WU first launched, you couldn't even run the dedicated server on Linux.

Yes, that means Rolfe is running the official servers on Windows machines. Seriously.

I'll admit I'm spoiled, I want a comfy, efficient manor from which to kike Sam and that blond hoor of his out of every shekel they can muster.

Every post in this thread gets me too hopeful it's progress.

Well the first biggest thing is outta the way. We just need someone not shit to host.

That's a good one. You can have your fucking efficient manor, but why would you want to have it overnight? That's boring as shit and it's just going to be over immediately. It's not about difficulty, it's no harder - it just allows you to savor the experience of the game as opposed to blaze through it and wish you still had anything to do.

Not to mention it makes you almost have to work together else you will be grinding BS you don't want to build and stock that manor. That's not a bad thing at all.

Seriously, the server community is fostered by it. Why do people not see that this game is not about staring at bars and building shit exclusively, but about doing it while shitposting and making memories with anonymous faggots? What has online vidya become? I want to go back in fucking time.

As long as the autists who want random spawn points don't get their way. How are people supposed to work together if they're scattered across the fucking map amongst members of rival kingdoms with no compass?

Where's your sense of adventure?

I do agree with this. Also hope that there isnt some autist who wants to city plan. Naturally forming town best town.

Go too far into flavortown and anons will be afraid to taste.

You'll have to forgive user for being so much of a pussy he doesn't want to have shit go sideways in a fucking video game.

The joy I got from wandering while trying to grasp what the fuck I was doing in the game was amazing. If I give that joy to one person by standing for that spawn method and turn away three others, it is worth it.

It's a joy you can't find easily in the world.

I agree, gotta love how cool is sailing trough unknown lands while searching for ruins to plunder

It is a rarer and rarer commodity with the amount of instant gratification pantywaists running around. I frankly wouldn't be cross at 1x skill rates in a fucking huge world with random spawns and no starting shit. Be the hermit, seek for Bro and your countrymen. What could be better?

You might as well play singleplayer while posting in the thread because it'll have the same exact effect if no one is near each other.

In fact it's what I'm doing right now. Gathering's not bad. It just takes a while to luck out and find enough goddamn branches.

The max autism route isn't the worst thing ever If people all want to be hunter-gatherers before getting into more specialized roles then let's try it.

But I have a concern about regional ores because of how vital iron is. Worst case scenario is one faction finding iron quickly while the others make a couple dozen mines trying to find it and only end up hitting shit like lead and slate while relying on foraged iron for a while until they finally find it. You might be fine with chopping a down a cactus with your penis but that doesn't mean the dozens of anons who played in Brosmouth are.

Yea thats when natural selection comes into place, if you dont find iron and you arent gonna find it soon then join someone who has, people will probably start alone or in small groups trying to prospect locations for basic shit, someone is gonna find iron and build his little fort in the mine, then start recruiting people to do other jobs and thus a village is born

Then someone else finds iron somewhere else and the cycle repeats, they might compete over people, who has the best shit and so on and so forth, maybe a third player gets a village going without an iron mine and just trades it with the iron producers for stuff they cant get like fish or rare metals, you gotta think outside the box on how to survive.

All that regional ores does its make funding deed not just a job of finding a good looking place, if there arent ores nearby its not gonna fly and if its not gonna fly then why the fuck are people trying to settle there?

And dont forget about conflicts, the iron miners will soon have to defend their ore and land.

Even if you don't stumble into the main group right away, you can encounter other people trying to get there and band together to find it.

I frankly hope you fuck off and die before making the server into casual garbage. Stay on fucking WRC if you need bumper-wurm.

I'm a buyfag, how is it singleplayer? You feel like you're missing out on much? I've had the wurm itch real fuckin' hard lately but after the way the fagmin on refugee acted I refuse to play there anymore. I also don't think I'd be on regularly enough to take up space in the mythmoor village if that's going along.

Hey if the server gets population it means I'm proven wrong and it's all good. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Honestly if we could get a stable permanent populated server of our own I would be happy even if it meant a little initial pain.

That's not true, you aren't wrong dependent on how many people stick around. You're wrong because you want casual filth shitting up the server instead of leaving in disgrace when they can't hang.

It's singleplayer Wurm. There's not much to say about it. Naturally it's missing the sense of community wurm was built around, unless you go insane and actually start replying to the gibberish the "player" npc's in the starting village blurt out.
I'd say give the mythmoor deed a look while we're waiting for the Holla Forums server. We've got a large distillery so there's plenty of gin and vodka to go around.

we should have all the characteristics set to 1.0 tbh. make people earn their horse spurs.

Whats wrong with having casual filth to stomp on?

I just posted that picture into a major wurm pvp steam group chat and they flipped the fuck out, everyone there thought it affected PvP too.

I seriously hope you don't do *this* Serverfag.

no way to have random set spawn points?
if there were about 8 locations people could spawn in on it'd split people up without becoming "walk until you find water then travel along the edge until you see someone"

plz no, 20 its perfect start, seriously 1 its retarded crippled peasant levels

here

thought that just meant it'd spawn you on any flat tiles above sea level

Having them die alone in the wilderness is the end result of them not being able to deal, so nothing. It's just that the system would stomp on them itself.

oh, no the maximum is 3 spawn points and its 1 per kingdom, its better just randomly appear and have people using their autism to find the village.

Or use the first free teleport or rather, dont fucking die, having consequences for death will make everything more fun and battles more tense.

I have a new thread typed up for when this gets past page 10. It lets people know the Holla Forums serb is being worked on and about the existing settlements if someone wants to just get in and play.

Alright, I cracked the server to allow pirated copies. Here's the updated .jar file: puu.sh/v55Xh/38e8f32813.jar
I never managed to fully connect because my WRC client is out of date (I'm slowly downloading the one posted earlier), but the error message went from "Steam could not authenticate the user" to "Your client is out of date", so it did pass the authentication at least.

I will also share the code diffs of how I did this, so that new versions of the server can be cracked quickly by any of you guys.

In LoginHandler.java, just change:
"sendAuthenticationAnswer(false, "Steam could not authenticate the user");"
to:
"sendAuthenticationAnswer(true, "Steam could not authenticate the user");"

In SteamHandler.java, change:
if (wasSucces)
to:
if (1 != 0) // or anything else that will always be false

I am not entirely sure if the changes to SteamHandler.java were necessary, they didn't seem to be called ever, but I changed them anyway.

Also, I think the WRC client is 1.1.1.1 but the server version I just posted is 1.3.1.3. If someone has the 1.1.1.1 server jar, I could repeat the same process for it.

Also don't get your hopes up yet, without a 1.1.1.1 server jar I have no idea if it even works. Or if there are any weird side effects, like being able to log in to any character you want (I don't think it does this, but I would want to test it)

Do you have the 1.3.1.3 files from the official version? I'm comparing the files of my official version to the WRC client to see if I can make a bootleg cooking update patch for it.

I've done it. I've created a ZIP that once you extract it to the WRC folder it will allow you to connect to cracked 1.3.1.3 servers.

It's uploading at the moment at the speed of potato, I'll have a download link for it in half an hour.

Upload complete, here is the link
mega.nz/#!wz5CwCCC!4NTltfLAANpDQcpMbKoueqf6HM8ctPer18uKkCIPim4

Copy the contents into the WRC folder from and it should be good to go for use with a cracked 1.3.1.3 server

I tested it by running an offline LAN server with my official account and connected to it with a copy of the WRC launcher that I had applied my patch to.

Oy lad, you can consider the cooking update cracked now.

Dank. Cooking update is the shit.

Wew its been 3 days since Holla Forums flipped the fuck out, how are things goin? is our serb posible now?

The original server.jar crack I posted won't work, there's actually a secondary Steam authentication check after the version check.
Use this one instead: puu.sh/v5iet/2f1de334a8.jar

With this updated server.jar, I was able to successfully connect with this 1.3.1.3 client. I also verified that it doesn't let you log in as other people.

Funny story, I had this updated .jar ready THREE MINUTES after Holla Forums exploded. If I had posted it three minutes earlier, it would have been available all weekend.

So all we need is someone to host the serb now?

If you're a buyfag the mythmoor village is cozy.

Neverever

Also we need a new thread soon.

yea i rather not

I actually had plenty of politics related discussions and i havent gotten banned so far. I didnt scream NIGGERS, MUDSLIMES like a sperg on the chat though.

Not an argument

new thread

new thread