"That machine is the darkness in your heart, made manifest! Now, give into your hate, an-"

"That machine is the darkness in your heart, made manifest! Now, give into your hate, an-"

"It's just space camouflage"

The finale for SRW V is so fucking good.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollaforums.com/thread/12121927/video-games/that-machine-is-the-darkness-in-your-heart-made.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

After playing through 4 SRW games I tend to agree unfortunately.
Games have good music and cool OC designs, but neither it presents any good story nor any good tactical gameplay, two things essential for the genre.

Which ones did you play? Some are weaker than others, but I can't think of any outright bad ones, even the OG ones.

Again, which ones did you play? The series has gotten easier over the years to be sure, but if you're going for all the Skill/SR Points, they're still one of the more challenging strategy RPGs out there.

Nigga, just
I dunno
Front Mission.

Holy shit that was the best final battle ever.

So, wait, Akito isn't an emo in this one?

He overcomes the emo thanks to a combination of Ruri, Yurika, Kappei from Zambot, and Maito from Might Gaine among others, and it is so so so wonderful.

But there's no such thing as camouflage in space.

It's meant to blend in with the black of space I suppose.

I just assume anyone who uses "weeb" or "weeaboo" to refer to anything remotely related to Japan in a dismissive manner is a Reddit shitposter at this point, and ignore them as such.

Technically, having a totally reflective surface would almost completely visually disguise anything in deep space.

Quick question..does the Black Selena is as broken as it was in R?

Did a child write that? Oh wait, it appears to be Japanese.

I don't remember how it handled in R to be honest, but it's pretty high tier here - Akito comes with Dash and 9 levels of Sokojikara out of the box, and Distortion Attack pierces barriers at the cost of only 25 out of his 210 EN. Normally it doesn't get the full EN replenishing from the Nadesico, but the custom bonus that unlocks after you upgrade it to five upgrades in each stat besides weapons gives it that, and in this game as long as the Nadesico is on the field at all you get the EN replenish, regardless of how far you are from it.

>GETS RAPED IN HER DREAMS TO MAKE A HYPERSPACE JUMP isnt it funny?
fucking gooks cant do anything right, also nip games NEVER EVER translation

Probably, it was translated in/for Hong Kong. At least it's coherent this time.

There was supposed to be a sequel TV that gives them a happy ending, but the movie bombed and funding got pulled, leaving the SRW writers the job of fixing it, which they did quite wonderfully here.

Wait what?

Does it get multiple HP at least?

gee i wonder why?
so i need to play the SRW V to get my happy ending?

Like shedding the black shell to go to Aestivalis Akito Custom? That's reserved for the final attack it gets, it doesn't get to use it as an 'extra life' if that's what you mean. It's still plenty survivable between it's inherent dodginess, which only shoots up if it takes even a scratch, and the Distortion Field.

Pretty much. W did a not bad job as well, but V has Akito slowly working to rehabilitate his tastebuds and restarting his ramen stall with Yurika at the end

Yeah, from High Mobility to Black Selena to Aestivalis.

well, time to be a good goy

Why do you think you have to import the English subbed version from Asia? I don't know if it was actually Hong Kong specifically, just a guess

Ah, yeah no, just straight up normal Black.

Oh right, I keep forgetting those Asian English releases are a thing.

Awww….but that was the best part of the Black Selena.

It was absolutely a huge plus, but for the most part Akito doesn't need it in this game.

This is now an SRW thread…post the series you want to debut in SRW here.

Dong Kong or Singapoor, really

Pretty sure this was already supposed to be an SRW thread
Just give me back my Layzner and non-shit Valkyries and I'll be satisfied

So original Macross to Macross Plus Valkyries?

Exactly

No love for Basara YF-19? Then again, 7 is a bit polarizing

How is V? I saw they brought back isometric maps, I approve.

It looks good, from what I can tell.

t. weeb

7 isn't inherently bad but it's very different and I don't like it in the same way I like the original/DYRL and Plus. Also doesn't help that it solidified the magic music bullshit that inevitably led to Macross becoming "that idol anime that also has robot planes or some gay shit"

I do like the VF-17 though, even if the gerwalk is kind of ugly

Oh right…damn, how far Macross have fallen, eh?

Trips for the fallen

They did, but the game's still good in spite of that.

All you're doing is proving him right you know.

I can't really hold 7 responsible for that when 7 had genuinely good music, unlike Frontier which was irredeemable garbage.

Hell, Frontier's major mistake was trying to be every single anime genre out there and unlike Dragon Ball which managed to make magic out of a multiple genres, it failed and then having characters which are discounted version of the original Macross (Ozma is basically Roy Fokker without the cooler voice of Akira Kamiya and Frontier got the balls to say that "oh if Ozma died, it would've been a moving scene" because reminding me of a better show than yours is always a good idea, Mikhail and Clang are Max and Millia, without the awesome dogfight and they got 2 Minmays…but no Misa Hayase and Alto is a terrible Hikaru)

You know what would've been great? An SRW with a hell of a lot of Go Nagai stuff..Mazinger, Great Mazinger, Jeeg, Gaiking…Jushin Liger..

so 3rd alpha? minus Jushin Liger which was in OE which sadly was a shit game

Well, Alpha 3 is missing some other Nagai stuff..and Crossbone..and Giant Robo (blame the Yokoyama Estate for that)

J-Decker
Gundam Build Fighters
Cutie Honey
Metal Wolf Chaos

V is fucking amazing, though on second and onward playthroughs is going to be even more easy mode than most New Game +s in this franchise. Still a fun ride if you go for all SR on the first playthrough, like you should.

This.

I miss GR so much. So fucking much.

Hell, Alpha 3 was suppose to have GR but the Yokoyama estate put a kibosh on that…we could've gotten a story where Big Fire wound up getting Nashim Gan Eden. Hell, Alpha 3 has a lot of what ifs (like Sentinel was suppose to be there, following up on the Titans story arc from @2 if Bandai hadn't insisted in shoving SEED in)

Also, Metal Wolf Chaos….hell yes!

So, on replays, you keep 100% cash and TacP, as well as the Tac Customize you picked and can pick a new one. Suffice to say, New Game + is zero challenge whatsoever.

So…it's like SRW W then?

I'd say W was still easier on the first playthrough due to the SP glitch, but it at least only gave you 25% of your cash on the second play.

What SP Glitch?

Nope. Fuck this shit.

What are ya, yellow?

If you used the Y button to queue up different Seishin across multiple pilots (not the same pilot) that did similar effects of different grades, i.e. Nekketsu and Tamashii or Kiai and Kihaku, by highlighting and dehighlighting one of them over and over again you could keep "refunding" the SP cost to the pilot first queued even past their normal SP cap. The game only displays up to 99, but you can easily go beyond. This is broke as fuck for units like King J-Der to begin with, and since you can freely pick Kazuma's Seishin on replays, you could literally make Valguard/Valzacard have infinite moves if you wanted.

You don't need to play every single title, continuity is limited to "subseries" like Alpha or Z. Most games are 100% stand alone.

And the occasional remake of old games (Impact is just a remake of Compact 2, SRW F Final is just SRW 4 etc.)

Granted, the point still stands though, you can basically "jump in" almost anywhere

SRW's a series of things that will almost never happen, isn't it?

What kind of cognitive dissonance is this, anyway. Disposability implies no lasting value, as to say you'll be soon forgetting about the game. But all classic gaming moments are from japan.

Western games feel important, look great but it's hard to point out and remember their single moments. It's all a blur, like being left to play in a sandbox until you lose notice of the hours passing.

It's just some goon autist forcing a really shitty meme like that guy who keeps trying to force that "Mario likes rimjobs" meme. Just report him because even the mods don't like his shit.

Japan hasn't made a good game in over 15 years now.

Dunno mate, Nier is a solid game and SRW V is good

Pretty sure they can't use Sentinel's characters or story, they don't own the rights. They only have use of the mechanical designs. If you play as EX-S in gundam vs, the pilot picture is blank and the suit has no dialogue. It's a shame, but at least it still has some presence.

Frontier had a Misa, she's just a really shit one

Then again…Frontier is shit anyways, hell Delta is even shittier

Preach it, brother.

The problem with Delta was that, like Frontier, it wanted to be everything. It wanted to be mecha, it wanted to be aidoru, it wanted to be CGDCT, it wanted to be cute girls suffering, it even wanted to be yuribait. But it didn't do any of these right.

Worse yet, you know that they'll be putting it in SRW next as soon as they get tired of Frontier.

but they might salvage it in the end, they salvaged PoD, Cross Ange and SEED Destiny.

So wait, the show itself was even shittier than what was in V? Because I fucking hate everything about it in this game.

Let me be honest, I enjoyed Frontier, the showpiece battle episodes were great and it had plenty of top-notch songs. Fucking Delta, though, it's like the worse elements of a Sunrise show with the worse elements of Macross.

True, but it only played them when Ozma was listening to the radio

Yes…and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

You know, I've been thinking..since SRW has been going through the universe fuckery route, why not have Gekiganger 3 and Getter Robo in one game? The only downside is that, the best team up would've been the classic Getter team and Gekiganger 3. Throw in Geppy X too..hell, you can have their backstory being inspired by each other like the Gekiganger 3 was designed based on the professor taking a glimpse of a Getter Robo manga in their universe or something.

Found the bethesda drone, how does it feel munching on the same hay all year long? You can't even name what you did in the first 70 hours you spent in their game.

I uhhhh explored and combat uhhhh and leveld up uhhhh

Oh believe me I've learned not to trust when people say "the actual show is better, really!" after Gundam SEED.

I want a game where one universe is Gekigangar as the stand ins for TV Getter, and then either True or New Getter as their alternate universe selves.

Just ignore the shitposters.

Who in the fuck would ever recommend SEED? That is beyond trolling.
That is just bordering on sadistic cruelty.

Old /m/ used to insist that I couldn't judge SEED until I actually watched it instead of just getting all of it through SRW. I sat through all 100 or so episodes of it, and found it even worse than the games had made it out to be.

Honestly, just learn to read Moon, you'll be happier.

Ryu Roots is inconsistent. I can play as him and Brave Cod in GGeneration Genesis and such.

I already play most of the games in japanese with the Akurasa guides. I can identify the spirits from their kanji but don't know what the fuck they are. Haven't played V yet because I don't feel like upgrading my Vita's firmware and losing all my pirated shit.

I know the feeling. I wish I could have a portable Vita for buyfag stuff, and a PS TV for pirating, but fuck those memory cards.

I also really wish the Akurasa guides had images and videos.

I mean for the writing and such too. Whether it's more serious awesome like Akito telling Maito about Gai to reawaken his heroic spirit, or wonderful shoutouts like Tetsuya's Ace interview where he comments how Original android Nine "isn't like those robots of old who can't shed tears" to which she retorts that "even so, I understand burning friendship," these games get even better when you can read everything.

What anime is this?

I should play more SRW games. What's a good one to start with?

The Gameboy one.

Dicking around aside, maybe the GBA Original Generation games.

Kidou Senkan Nadeshiko. It's a mostly light-hearted story albeit set in a not-quite-obviously-at-first dark setting, and while good it does have a bit of mood swinging from time to time. The TV show had a good and happy ending, but the movie that took place after dealt with some really dark plot threads that got introduced in games and such that came out after the show, and it ends on a rather bittersweet note. There was originally meant to be a follow-up TV show to give a proper happy ending, but the franchise had been in decline and the execs pulled the plug. Another good reason to learn Moon for fans of it is to appreciate the good ends SRW tries to give it, like here in V, as well as in W on DS.

Depends how much patience you have for older and slower interfaces, and probably on what shows you're familiar with. In general I'd suggest W on the DS.

If you're going to play OG, do the PS2 remake of them.

I want to, but I also want to understand stuff. I was going to say I don't want to just read along with a script, but that's 70% of the gameplay anyway.

Wouldn't it be easier to understand on the PS2? The fonts come out cleaner generally.

The PS2 game's been translated to English?

Ah, thought you meant the kanji were hard to make out. I don't play games in English, so I have no idea what, if anything, is in English, though I suppose if anything is it's most likely to be OG since licensing issues wouldn't be a thing like with the real games.

are there any translations of the z series?

That's right, the GBA OGs and Moon Dwellers are in English.

For what purpose

Our suffering.

Eh, trips aside, it's probably for the best, there's a lot of shit in SRW I can't see translating over well if at all though I'd say the same of most games really. Better to just not rely on other people reading the games to you and learn to read them yourself as soon as possible.

Both Z2s have menu translations. Z2.1's is more or less complete, but Z2.2's is only skills and spirits and some attacks. Perfectly playable. The Z3's are very good as well, can't wait for them to cross over into OGs.

Old /m/ has shit taste. The only things that is good with the SEED titles are Astray and Stargazer…and Astray will never be made a full anime series.

I do like how plain Selene McGriff looks.

Preaching to the choir mate, I love Astray and Stargazer - the former is just a lot of fun, and the latter manages in one scene to capture all the emotion and power SEED lacked in telling an anti-war story. Another one made better by SRW, since K expanded on Selene beautifully. God I really need to replay that game again.

Sounds like something a weeaboo would say, my man.

We're a little low on options these days, I'll take a little skimping on strategy for the huge animation and music budget.

This came out in English man. Its a brave new world.

I've heard that Astray and Stargazer are both really good, but I've also heard that you have to sit through all of SEED and Destiny in order to make sense of either one. I want to watch them but frankly I don't think it's worth it.

Astray takes place alongside the original SEED, and touches on a few events from it, mainly to fix the stupid logic jumps SEED itself makes from what I recall, like how Kira survives or how Orb starts making their own MP Mobile Suits. That said, it's far from necessary to watch SEED for it. As for Stargazer, all you need to know for that background is "there's a huge pointless race war going on for no reason, and some scientists building a Hubble Telescope Gundam are getting attacked just because they're this race"

Is it even technically a race war in any Gundam? They don't have drastic looking differences in DNA.

SEED's entire plot is that someone invented test tube babies that are better at everything than normal humans and it starts a race war between them.

You're telling me someone picked and choose exactly what Kira and Shinn and what not would look like and said "Yep, nailed it, 10/10 aesthetic design"?

Usually, in Gundam it's Spacers vs Earth bound humans, because folks on Earth think they are better than the Spacenoids (and in ZZ, is actually corrupt) while Spacenoids think they are better than humans because not getting bounded by gravity (and usually, Newtypes are Spacenoids, hence why Amuro never gets a higher rank)..SEED's on the other hand, basically have the same thing, except while Newtypes gained their powers naturally, Coordinators basically cheated their way to get their abilities (what with genetic engineering and crap, basically making Coordinators nothing more than Cyber-Newtypes) though the creator of SEED did mention one character being Newtype…even though NTs weren't even mentioned in SEED, much less exists.

Blame their moms..hell, Kira looked more like his mom than his sister, Cagalli does (mind you, his sister is a badass…until SHIT Destiny because the head writer had a beef with the voice actress for Cagalli)

To be fair, it would make a great explanation for the Hirai sameface problem the show has.

Cagalli is SUPPOSED to be a badass, but even in the first half of SEED after her debut she never really DOES anything. She flies out, immediately gets shot down (though at least so did Asuran, and established them meeting.) She later gets her own Pretty Pink Strike and does absolutely nothing with it. Destiny just made a pre-existing problem worse.

Oh, is that all? Guess I'll give it a go then.
Actually come to think of it, I should have been fine anyways since I already know the basics of the coordinator shit from SRW. Just gotta forget about the part where the Mazingers, Choudenjis and Aestis did most of Kira's work for him.

Well, considering that if Zeon or ZAFT even dare to attack Japan, they'd be curbstomped by ONE Super, yeah..

Front Mission…a name I haven't heard since FM4 (and I honestly prefer FM3, their weapon system made it so that you can still use a shitty weapon but still deal some good damage, provided you S rank that weapon group…and you use the ROFUP1/Zoom I combo)

It may be 10 minutes of the Wing Zero running around, but it's pretty.

Haven't really been following this game too closely but it looks like it might be pretty good. Really enjoyed NEXT PLUS and Full Boost even though I never got to play online.

Here's some Zeta gameplay. I'm loving how you can select your assist MS.

Oh good. How does the New Game+ work in GBA OG? I'm a complete newfag to the series

That faggot machine gun dude in FM3 was so broken he basically soloed the game on both routes for me.
I had to deliberately not use him get any challenge out of that game.

I'm not there yet, but I was just going to hit Load on my clear file. That does it right?

That does it yes. I think you just keep cash and PP earned, with spent amounts refunded.

Challenge? Motherfucker, this is a game where you can get stunned by the A.I sneezing at you or worse, got ejected.

Didn't they just figure out USB storage? Check out wololo, pretty sure they got it in vita tv too.

Fuck me does Muller have a good theme song. Vifam needs to get into SRW some day before I die

Likely, but there isn't a custom firmware based on the latest Sony firmware, which I think the latest games need to run.

Hey, uh, can the Vita play those PSP games that I gracefully grabbed from Emulator sites?..Also PS1 games…I still want to play SRW@ Gaiden and Alpha 1 where ever I go along with MX Portable and A (yes, I'm suicidal)

I have no reason to think it couldn't.

So I'm sincerely hoping that when the V Originals inevitably make it into OG they both get treated as "canon" because they're both too good to get the "whiny bitch" treatment their non-main route gives them.

Personally, I would've taken Soji's route. Dude looks like a cooler, laid back Amuro.

I took Chitose's route the first time since we knew for sure that Souji's route at least started with Yamato and I was curious to see if Chitose would get to start with Might Gaine. Sadly not the case.

Honestly though, both Souji and Chitose are great characters and both their routes are worth playing through I think. Just bear in mind that whichever you pick will be likable and the other will be kind of a shit starting from about 10 stages in.

Not strictly SRW, but holy shit

A Mazinger Z film….OK, who's going to bet some normy is going to say that this is going to be a Pacific Rim knockoff? Because that motherfucker will get his teeth punched in.

With that amount of lens flares? Yeah they just ripped off Pacific Rim and put classic japanese robot into it.
Did you watch Gatchaman movie? That's some american shit with jap actors in it, not Gatchaman movie.

Wait…there's a Gatchaman movie? Kinda redundant when they did made a Gatchaman live action series it's called Jetman

I never thought I'd see people talk about SEED ever again.

I remember watching SEED and Destiny not by choice, but because it was the airing Gundam and the discussions about Destiny's horribleness were fun?

I found it funny that 00 got its movie before SEED did and thank god it will never be

Should I skip UX and go right to BX?

Can't really be helped when garbage like SEED and 00 keep worming their way into SRW

They're not connected story-wise so it doesn't matter what order you do them in. Both are solid games worth playing.

Yeah while other Gundam series will have to share the spotlight with SHIT and 00

Ugh, don't remind me. Poor UX and BX, where the only good Gundam series included were the SD ones though good god they were both amazing

I just want an entirely SD focused GGeneration type game.

Yeah, we need more Sangokuden SDs…and G Gundam.

I never could get into G Gen myself, just never felt as polished as SRW, though admittedly it's been a while since I tried one, maybe the newer ones are better.

Fucking yes. Sangokuden, Gaiden, and G deserve staple status way more than SEED, Destiny, or Unicorn.

Or 00 for that matter. Hell, why just not have SEED or Destiny (save for Astray and Stargazer, hell, Astray evolved into its own series and everything) and just have SD Gundam and G? Hell, Victory needs more love too. Also, there's this one series that I always wanted to see in either SRW or SD Gundam, Hidden Shadow of G. Basically a ninja Gundam but in the UC timeline.

I'd say it's not as polished graphically, but it gives you far more freedom with your units, pilots, and level progression, with the trade off being not as great animations and no massive crossover storyline.

The animations from GGeneration Genesis do have nice in cockpit cut ins for certain pilot/attack combinations though.

And it does bring all of the MS-V stuff in the game. Like the GP-02 MLRS Type or the Beam Bazooka version.

Most of it.

Yeah, but Char's Gundam is just the RX-78-2 with Gelgoog shield.

No wait, that's the Zeon's Gundam. Sorry.

Also red and it can kick in one of the previous GGeneration games.

Guess Char would've fit right in the Future Century. On a related note, why aren't we having more stories on the Future Century? Fuck, Wing has 2 sequels.

Japanese people don't like martial arts apparently.

Huh?

Just a joke.

From what I've picked up on, it's seen as a total kids show in Japan. It's liked and sells kits, but it doesn't strongly appeal to the older hardcore crowd that go bonkers for more UC stories and buy the premium stuff. Hence why there's already another UC side story adaption coming. This sort of explains why the most it really gets is from Build Fighters referencing it. People like it, but don't really want more of it, and it wont sell perfect grade recolors at 7/11.

Meant to say 00 instead of Destiny actually, since I consider SEED and Destiny to be the same show. But yeah, fully agree.

The bigger problem for me was the game itself, it just felt much less… video gamey, I guess, for lack of a better word, than SRW.

If you mean comic/novel stuff too, there's a prequel about young Touhou Fuhai, and I think Imagawa's working on some other comic project for it too? Don't quote me on that though.

That's how the old guard Gundam fans see it, yeah. The actual little kids who they think would watch it though are the ones hooked on crap like SEED and 00. Meanwhile, the kinds of people who WOULD appreciate G for the most part don't look at Gundam to begin with, and stick with stuff like Mazinger or Getter et al.

hollaforums.com/thread/12121927/video-games/that-machine-is-the-darkness-in-your-heart-made.html

The mangas, eh? Yeah, like at least have a prequel series as to how the Shuffle Alliance was formed and such.

So what, they have some bot farming our threads to fill out their shit forums?

I love this fucking game so much.

SRW is a great series, entire reason I started learning Nip

Pretty much UC is THE money maker. Why do you think so many new shows are focused on UC? Hoping Twilight AXIS will be good at least. I mean after the shitshow that was IBO can't get worse than that

As someone who majored in the language and is currently living in Japan, I can't think of a better reason to learn it.

It's following the Unicorn version of the canon, so I highly doubt it.

Speaking of Unicorn, goddamn there just isn't ANYONE likable in this series. Even their Puru is awful. This 5 stage split away from Might Gaine has been painful.

Works cannot do justice to how much I missed this glorious machine.

…So, wait, the Unicorn version of canon basically retcons stuff like Crossbones or something? Because fuck, first the Zeta movies retconned ZZ out of the timeline (and therefore robbing us of the UC's greatest pimp, Judau Ashta) and now this?

We don't know 100%, but the whole Laplace Box thing doesn't really seem to jive with the rise of Cosmo Babylonia and the Jupiter Empire. V, for it's part, dodges the question by making Crossbone share a universe with Yamato in which the 10 years after CCA are basically "lost to history" where no one knows EXACTLY what happened, while the Zeta/ZZ/CCA/Hathaway/Unicorn shit used in the game itself is from the Mazinger/Getter/Eva universe.

Ah, that explains why Judau is still young Judau and not Grey Stoke in V.

Yeah, sadly, the only Crossbone playables we get are Tobia and Seabook, with Bernadette and Bela showing up as support and Sabine in the X2 as a boss who doesn't seem to be recruitable as far as anyone can tell and Dugachi at the very end

Not even Umon Samon, Minoru Suzuki and his wife, huh?

Nope, it comes down to the fact that Yamato by definition has to leave the solar system immediately, so since Crossbone shares it's universe with them, they have to pack up and go. Storywise it's justified as most of the Jupiter folks running off to join up with Gamilas to wipe out the Earth so Tobia and Kincaid go with the Yamato crew to help save the Earth while Bela and the rest hold the fort in the solar system while everyone else goes off to Iscandar.

Well, that also explains why Mother Vanguard isn't in this one too, I suppose.

More or less yeah. While I love the Yamato, this game does make it pretty clear why it's hard to work it into an SRW, since it's very hard to make it share a "default" universe with anyone else, and the nature of most other shows' plots would lead to trouble playing with Yamato.

Yeah, since if they do share the same universe like say, the Alpha timeline, their plot would've been non-existant since in that one, the Gamillans wouldn't be much of a threat. I mean, sure, not a huge fan with the current direction for stories where every series hails from a different universe (hell, it's been started since SRW L) and I do prefer the old way where every series are in the same universe (with little leeways for Alpha Gaiden's time travel) but hey, they managed to make V works (again, not a fan of shoving in SEED and 00, again but at least Wing isn't here this time)

It is kind of a cop out in some ways, but V at least manages to limit it to three universes and personally, I'd much sooner take Wing over those other two - Wing was overused, but I don't recall it ever being nearly as bad as 00's been since it debuted in Z2, and Endless Waltz meshes so much better with other series than A Wakening does. Not to mention Last Impression stand head and shoulders above anything 00 had to offer musically

Never did like 00 myself..granted, my local dub of the anime was terrible and never did like the character designs or the mech design for that matter. Never a huge fan of mecha with spindly limbs

Can't speak on the quality of non-Japanese acting, but I can say that 00 was poorly written with no engaging characters or plots, and utterly forgettable and generic mech designs.

Non-engaging character is a given, considering that Setsuna is basically a mash up of Sosuke Sagara and Heero Yuy. Hell, at times, 00 felt like a discounted version of Wing. And the only good thing I can say about 00? At least Awakening brought aliens to a Gundam series.

I feel like that's an insult to both Sousuke and Heero, honestly. They at least had real thoughts going around in their head, Setsuna was just an Abrahamist nutjob.

An Abrahamist nutjob who thinks he's a Gundam..on second thought, he is an insane person.

To be fair, he probably treats the word "Gundam" as meaning 救世主, but yeah, he's just awful though it at least led to a great moment where someone pointed out in UX how he couldn't just toss around his little catchphrase when you had the Sangokuden cast running around

We need more Sangokuden and other SD guys in SRW to be honest. Hell, I'd pay to see Build Fighters in a game with G Gundam, especially since Domon turns out to exist in Build Fighters

There are not enough words in any tongue of man to describe how badly I want Build Fighters to be in SRW. I want at least two showings, one where it's the only Gundam series because in that SRW "Gundam" is purely fictional, and one where Sei and Reiji somehow end up in the middle of the One Year War, and everytime a dramatic moment like the Bright Slap happens, the tension is entirely killed by Sei beaming at the scene unfolding and/or quoting the characters' lines before they can say them also, use him as an excuse to make Ral savable

I just want Build Fighters with G Gundam side by side or just an excuse to have the Try-On3 in an SRW.

You muh nigger it's last stand against Lightning still makes me fucking cry everytime

I just loved the Try-On for basically being a nice little homage to the Eldran and Brave series.

Absolutely. God I wish those franchises would get revived instead of the filth on TV these days.

Or some other guy decided to do a "deconstruction" decrying the old Super Robot stuff..because that's what I wanted to see in my Super Robots, depressing shit. Seriously, what fun-hating guy decided to take a crap on Supers?

Pretty much any faggot who thinks of himself as an "artist." Same shit that happens to superheroes and "videogamey videogames" in the West.

I know this one anime basically one huge pisstake on the Eldran series..depressing as fuck too.

You're thinking of Bokurano.

Yeah, that's the one. It's like someone who hates fun and then he decided to take a whole shit on it

You know what could've been great? Original Macross and Yamato in the same game. Hell, you could even have the Zentradi and Gamilans join forces.

That sounds awful. I hate that people like this are allowed to make shows while we still don't have a Great-hen after 8 years.

Jesus christ I hope we get that in a future title. For some reason they've been reluctant to use real Macross outside of 7 lately, it's just been that Frontier garbage.

I just hope Delta will never get in..but I doubt that. Hell, Idolmaster gets to get in before J-Decker, Red Baron, classic Tetsujin-28, Star Driver and Danguard Ace for crying out loud.

Pretty much, I don't understand the thought processes that go on over there sometimes when shit like Idolmaster, Geass, or that Geass spinoff that's in V can get in before actual robots.

Hell, there's a lot of the 70's mecha that never got the chance to be in SRW. It's not like there's a lack of Super Robot anime…but for some reason, the newer shows got in quicker. Hell, it took a while for MightGaine to finally be in an SRW. SEED? 2 years after it ended, it got in Alpha 3 pushing Sentinel off.

It's almost as if the games, while great, are a marketing tool.

Why would you need marketing for SEED or 00? Aren't they popular enough in Japan?

To play devil's advocate, Idolmaster got in the Mobage. That's a fate I wouldn't wish on anything.
Poor MJP, Albegas, Dorvack and Mellowink

You forgot Sakura Wars….on second thought, LAUGH, LOOK AT IT AND LAUGH

Why are you playing shovelware?

Honestly V feels like the biggest animation budget was spent on ZERO and Great Emperor. Which is worth it

Of course it's worth it.

Too many, far too many.

For shit Bandai has the toy rights to like Gundam, sure, hence why SEED and 00 constantly get pushed.

It's one of those chicken and the egg deals I think.

Emperor G is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in ages. The other big animation budget dumps I think were Might Gaine, because holy shit that remastering of all the classic shots is beautiful, and Yamato with all those Alpha-era-esque CG sequences.

Because MightGaine is a damn labor of love right there.

The greatest love

Here's hoping that every other Brave series get that labor of love that MightGaine had. Good animations , good music (seriously, Great Dash and Hero of the Storm is fucking amazing, especially Hero's saxual content)

Holy shit.

A month, that long?

This post is a month old.
Holy shit.

Arashi no HERO is one of the greatest masterpieces ever heard, and both Great Dash and Let's Might Gaine make my toes clench. God the music in this game is so spot on.

This thread specifically got a boost admittedly due to the April Fool's hacking freezing the board, but there've been SRW threads pretty consistently since V came out. Shit is just that good.

Granted, the Crossbone theme is not as good as the Alpha 2 version.

Hell, I want a game where you can recruit Ramba Ral and Norris Packard.

Must be the /m/ in it, we still have 3-year-old threads getting bumped over there

Too bad Kotetsushin Jeeg was in K and L..we are robbed of this awesome moment.

In Ghiren's Greed Menace of Axis V you can save Ramba Ral if you tell Kyciola and M'quve to suck a dick and hand Ral the Doms. You get the white base, the guntank and guncannon out of it, but the Gundam and crew escapes.

Agreed, but it's good to have multiple versions.

Norris can be saved near the end of A, but as far as I know Ral has never been savable.

God that scene was the absolute peak of that show.

It's a shame they didn't get Hiroshi's original voice actor though. They even had a line referenced one scene from Gundam.

IIRC the reference is there because it's Toru Furuya doing the monster's line.

And they couldn't get him to reprise Hiroshi Shiba?

I couldn't stand BF or Try after a while. The Tallgeese Valkyrie in the first one and the Crossbone in Try embodied the worst parts of anime:skilled fighters with cool machines, outdone by literal magic by a character that is also magic.

Wait, what happened to the Crossbone?

Everyone says it's the best suit in the tournament, he beats the entire team, he wins despite the actual magic, but then the real-life-newtype Loli somehow controls several dozen repair drones which somehow repairs the fucking plastic, letting her go and demolish him despite her having poor skills and a half destroyed gunpla.

And she's not even the main character, she's the tertiary love interest and they have been hunting at this guy since the first fucking season. Who do you think should have been higher priority?

If that IS Furuya doing Amaso, he's not credited for it.

Did you not watch the show? Each of the drones were loaded with glue and shit to enact actual real repairs on the physical unit, and operating them basically required her to hide since she couldn't actually pilot while using them. She also wasn't the one who beat Lucas, I don't think she even landed a single blow on him, the main reason her making a comeback screwed him was she killed his refuel point teammate.

In the case of Tallgeese, they explained that one pretty well I thought - the old guard of guys like Fellini and Logan built and fought with the mindset of it being Gundam, but the younger generation were taking a more meta-approach, especially Nils who came in to it with an eye more for researching the particle that allowed Gunpla Battle to be a thing, rather than Gundam per se. As such, his machine was built on meta-concepts of using the particles themselves, something that the old players (with the possible exception of the Shingyo-ryu master) never did. Sei's Star Build Strike did the same thing with the Absorb and RG Systems.

Considering her entire team were basically direct rivals to all of the main character's team (Sekai - Wilfred, Yuuma - Adou, and to a lesser extent Fumina - Shia) there was no way the final bout wasn't going to be those two teams. If anything, they're STILL building Lucas up for Season 3, considering he could take on a team of three of the most elite players basically single-handedly, he's only going to be more of a threat when they either A) put him in a one-on-one fight, or B) introduce proper teammates for him.

I did watch it, but my problem with both is how people kept hyping it up as a Gundam show, one with cool fights, when the only good fights were Fellini and the Destiny in each series. If it was a stupid Dragonball metagaming knock off, then I could have ignored it, but I don't want to watch people endlessly making cool suits like Trion 3 or the Crossbone defeated because they didn't believe hard enough in the heart of the cards.

And my issue with her doing that is how glue doesn't exactly work that way, and if it does, then how the hell did the Amazing Kampfer avoid the magnet bombs by oiling it's joints? Magnets don't work that way.

Ah, that's part of the problem, it's really not, it has more in common with G than Gundam proper the problem is, it's so much better than any other TV Gundam show since Turn A, that I can see people just getting excited and screaming about how at last there's a show worth watching that happens to have "Gundam" in the name again.

Were the bombs used magnets? I would've thought not since the models are all plastic. Fuck I need to rewatch it.

What?

The bombs used in the original series were magnetic, and without other information I assume these work the same since they are the same little dudes. And the heart of the cards is the Yu-Gi-Oh thing where they believe hard enough to pull the card they need.

K9 was fucking robbed in that fight.

I just checked the episode in question for Build Fighters, there's some putty looking shit on the bombs that I presume is an adhesive of some sort.

No it wasn't, "heart of the card" was just referring to how any item if treasured enough develops a "heart" of it's own, which is why Sugoroku's Blue Eyes card killed itself in the fight with Yuugi rather than betray it's true owner.

But if a side topic, but why did they always talk about the heart of the cards before pulling one and they always got what they needed? They refer to it plurally, and it's not always a monster they pull.

I don't remember that concept ever getting referenced outside of the original Magic and Wizards story.

It's ambiguous whether it's singular or plural, since it's カードの心 or something like that.

So..Build Fighters is the closest thing we got to a follow up to G-Gundam?

Pretty much. Build Fighters less so, but still has a lot of the same hotblooded spirit, and Try is even moreso straight up to the protagonist being a martial artist who trained in the Guiana Highlands as a child, and opens up the first episode flashing a photograph of his older sibling to people asking if they've seen this person.

Jeez, you made Sekai out to be Domon Jr.

He kind of is how Domon might've turned out without the whole "my brother killed my mother and stole an evil Gundam" in a lot of ways and the silhouette of his master shown in the opening here should make it clear that it was entirely intentional

Muh dick.

Winning Gundam is a beautiful machine indeed

I want to bully the fuck out of this smug cat.

GBF Try brought so much cancer into gunpla building it's not even funny. Do you know how many retards spout that "Gunpla is freedom" crap and don't even bother to sand parts or paint and you get shit on par with Nub Destiny or the ugly Red Cliffe.

I can't wait for Sunrise to just sell prebuilt gunplas.

they have toys nigger. go buy those

fuck off.

Was just being sarcastic.

pretending to be a retard still makes you retarded

Sounds like what happens anytime a hobby gets popular with any new group. At least it's just newfags being newfags and not affecting the products themselves, and if they don't end up loving shit enough to want to make real custom work that takes effort, they'll likely drop out of the hobby relatively quickly. It could be like Fire Emblem, where to appeal to the Westerners they dumbed it down by giving tons of overpowered characters and an unskippable 10 stage tutorial campaign that gave you even more broken characters about five stages in to the real game.

You're talking about the first Fire Emblem with Lynn and Eliwood or Awakening? But yeah, you're right. When the newbies come in to anything, some of them might be serious…some of them are just guys who think it's like in the popular version of that thing. I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh like it was in the anime

He probably means Awakening, which is pretty casual. I even made it to the last stage of the game without losing anyone.

Technically gunpla has newfag level. FG or First Grade. Technically Advanced Grade which is what you'd give to like a 5 year old.

That's 7, the one I'm talking about. 6 wasn't exactly difficult either, but 7 was a fucking joke.

OK, since Banpresto's been bringing their original characters into OG (some not even from their SRW games like Fighter's Roar and CompatiKaiser) and those original characters and mechs usually filled in the space for the licensed stuff (Masaki and the Cybuster is filling in for Dunbine, the Grungust is Daitarn 3/Mazinger Z etc.) what are the odds of Banpresto bringing in characters from Super Tokusatsu Taisen to fill in the Tekkaman Blade role?

They've been bringing in characters from side stuff into OG since the beginning, Ingram and Viletta are from Super Hero Sakusen and Gilliam is from Hero Wars. Pretty much any Banpresto Original is fair game.

Get your shit together Banpresto.

;_;

It hurts.

I wonder if they are going to keep Excellen around in OG. They could recycle her lines forever like that guy from Dancougar.

Or Banjo Haran's line.

Best case scenario, we get a replacement VA (been done before in SRW). Worst case scenario? Tekkaman Blade never ever in any voiced SRW.

Man, SRW W had spoiled us. Now, everytime I see PoD in the roster, I'm expecting to see Gai in his Super Aestivalis.

It just keeps getting better.

All Heero could think about was killing that girl and her dog. He wasn't a complex character, noone in Wing was.

Sosuke is great though.

>defeating an all-powerful robot because, despite her learning will and determination from you, she failed to comprehend the power of hot-blooded love
>plus you finally get to hear the full version of the title music
Now I need to do pick Chitose, get the real robot upgraded Vang-Ray and do all the routes I didn't choose the first time around. Which unfortunately means spending more time with the SEED cunts.

Are there significant differences in the story between picking Soji or Chitose?

Wait, he's a Boson Jumper? I thought he's a Coordinator. All I do know is Banjo isn't a half-Meganoid.

How about, not spending time with SEED cunts..or having an MC who looks like a cooler Amuro?

Stage 20, baby.

I did do that in my first playthrough. Now I want to see all the shit I missed.

Well, good luck. Personally, I made a rule to not go into a route split that have my hated series…unless they forced me to pick by mixing in my favorite series on the same route as my hated series.

I'm pretty ambivalent to Cross Ange (though that might just be because I could mostly ignore it) so hopefully the first split won't be too bad. And the second will have the Nadesico conclusion, which should be nice.

G-Saviour when?

godzilla was in srw?

When Shimille starts shitposting again

Yep..Godzilla and Mecha Godzilla was in an SRW game, it's a mobile game but SRW nonetheless. Mecha Godzilla is in EVA-01 color.

Huh..design wise, G-Saviour looks a lot like the F-91.

You and me both user, but it was a lost cause from the moment Hikaru and Izumi got relegated to being cut ins for Ryoko's hissatsu move.

That and Hokushin being potentially the final Meganoid were such "OH SHIT" moments. It was truly beautiful.

Not complex, but still far better than random jihadist faggot.

That finale was too wonderful.

Not especially, they just take each other's places which feels weird, because you're used to thinking of the other as a whiny shit. I played Chitose first, and so it's really weird now that I'm playing Souji to see him being cool and likable and her being a pathetic wimp.

I just followed Might Gaine throughout the first playthrough, going on the other routes on my second because there's at least one thing I want to see, be it Getter or Mazinger or whatever. Probably back to Might Gaine for round 3 though.

The Nadesico wrapup is as satisfying as it could possibly be short of Gai showing up.

Goddamn but I will never get sick of this scene, crowning moment of V

Always preferred Soji anyways…especially his back and forth with Nine.

I just can't get into MG. His upgrade ruined his look for me, he looks better as vanilla Gaine, I'd much rather we got J Decker.

Why not both? Or hell, throw in Fighbird too.

Hidden Shadow of G when?

Good thing Don Zauser isn't in this one, huh?

All-Brave SRW when?

Never ever…We still didn't even get stuff like God Mazinger, Getter Robo Go and the like. And I'm guessing that the newer shit will get in first.

At first I thought it was some bullshit deja vu but then I realized this thread is the real deal. What the hell happened for a thread to persist an entire month?

Remember that think that knocked out Holla Forums for days? Yeah, that's why. Also..SRW fans are persistent.

It's the curse(blessing?) of /m/ related threads.

I call it a blessing

They both have a great dynamic with Nine in their own routes, less so in each other's obviously.

I prefer normal Might Gaine myself, but maybe that's why they gave us Black.

I kept expecting him considering Korosu is still running around.

Not soon enough.

Mecha love never dies.

what the fuck

Still got nightmares with the Don. Him and Master Asia in A Portable makes me question life.

Master at least didn't have insane HP regen. I had to set up a loop of support attacks with Domon and Burning over 200 turns repeating to whittle down Don.

SrwV dump when?

Whenever Vita piracy can go over 3.60

There's a Vita Emulator?

No, just CFW for the Vita itself.

Is it any good?

The CFW? I've never used it, it requires 3.60, and I had to update for SRW V.

Yeah it takes about twelve seconds to install and is easy to use, but it's missing the ability to play every game that has come out since August.

Been meaning to pick up a Vita..but alas, my paycheck ain't exactly that grand. Seriously, how much is the Vita in the States? Last I checked in my country, it's about 700 MYR.

No idea about the US, but it's about 20000円 here, which is roughly $200 USD

About 200 American dollars or so, 100 for a Playstation TV, which is a not-portable Vita.

Oh, it's 50 bucks for a PS TV. Silly me, and I had just gotten one a few weeks ago.

The Vita TV's still that cheap? Nice.

Did I say 700? I mean about 800 up to 1000 MYR.

Why does "Shimille" and "shitposting" make me feel like I've forgotten something.

in robot news Bakabt has gone full private tracker.

Who's Shimille?