Remember when Games Devs & games journalists defended gamers and gaming instead of attacking both?

Remember when Games Devs & games journalists defended gamers and gaming instead of attacking both?

Hmm not really, and I'm relatively old.

I also dont remember journos defending gamers ever. Maybe devs, but that was a very long time ago

I remember journos saying that games caused children to become satanic cult members.

Dude I could give less of a shit about games journalists being sleazy
I'm more disappointed that it's fucking gamergate all the way up through mainstream media what with every fucking article basixally putting out the same article on pewdiepie at the same time.

No, I remember the media calling people who played games devil worshipers in the 90s because of Doom. I remember them calling us highschool dropouts in the 80s. I remember them calling us dude bro male pigs in the early 00s, and you of course all know what they call us now.

I remember when journalists got one of the most potentially realistic military strategy games shut down because relatives of people who died in the war complained.

There are two kinds of people that have always had a beef with video games: right-wing cuckservatives who think you should be wasting your money and energy providing for some dumb bitch and her kids, going to church or joining the military instead of playing games, or left-wing PC-obsessed journalists who want to talk about all the sexism and whatever that's in games and how they cause school shootings.

(Game) Journos certainly did in the case of Jack Thompson. Even some of them that are still around today did it; I think Ben Kuchera even wrote something in defence of violent games back when. The Sess had a video about him too in which he mocked the idea of violent games making kids violent all while playing footage of mods people had made to gore Thompson about.

Turns out, though, that those people are more desperate for female attention and mainstream respect than back then. They probably thought they could be the progressive ones in the up and coming video game industry until nobody gave them any more attention for it and swung right around when the right voice told them to.

Jack Thompson and the likes were the only visible moral panic against vidya that drew mainstream attention, and games press used to fight against it. Now they just go with the "progressive" flow.

I know I'd be giving GamerGate way too much credit for bringing into light just how lying, cheating, and vapid the mainstream media is. Granted the media has been like this since forever, before GG made it come to light. But it really makes you think

If anything it goes to show how little of an effect Gamergate really had. All it did was just make people who already didn't care much about shitholes like Kotaku not read it even more. The media still is shitty and shady as ever, even in gaming journalism.

White like Argentina?

Sure

You know and also resulting in the indexing of corrupt actions by journalists in an easily searchable website
And costing them a shit ton in advertiser PR
And most of them adopting ethics policies
But nah, gamergate did nothing :^]

Trump hates anyone who doesn't suck his cock. He probably thinks you're all fucking losers who can't get laid so you spend all your time playing video games all day (or just playing anything that isn't Cowadoody) and watching little chinese girl cartoons.

He's Chad the President.

I like to think it trickles down. GamerGate brings to light how shitty and yellow mainstream journalism is because these tabloid websites made one big fucking and let their journalist mailing list leak. Thus setting off investigations into other aspects of mainstream media and how to links to political parties using it as a means to spread propaganda, which leads to an eventual media backlash on a large scale when Trump decides to run for president, and now here we are today.

that isn't even used lol
oh wow they went to other advertisers you sure showed them
yeah, kotaku and polygon both have become shining examples of ethics

but yeah dude gamergate totally whooped their butts

i bet you think they did shit against gawker instead of the Hulkster too

You're not wrong. But you also miss my point. Fuck off and stop trying to derail this thread you fucking nigger

No, journalism of any kind has been a profession for vultures as long as anybody here has been alive.

at what point has that been prevalent to anything mainstream in the past 3 years?

So what you're saying is Gamergate "exposed" what literally everybody who knows anything about the way media works knows and somehow it helped Trump get elected? Sorry, not buying it.

You're the one who brought up Trump and tried to act as if his reasons for disliking mainstream media outlets are the same as gamergate's, when they really aren't.

>>>/cuckchan/

You're not wanted here, kill yourself.

Alright, quit being dishonest. He never once said that Trump got elected because of GooGobblers. Stop being retarded.

Not an argument.

Back to your containment thread.

Wasn't there a recent interview in which Jack Thompson said that all he wanted was to make it harder for kids to get M rated games? If that was true, I'd say he was the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved.

Did you mean to reply to me?

>>>/reddit/

Except that's exactly what he did using some weird ass domino effect logic, as if Gamergate had any significant impact on the distrust of mainstream media outlets among voters.

Pretty much. Every time a game journalists defend games it's against Fox News. They all give CNN and MSNBC a free pass. Plus they suck at defending games in a debate format in general.

Dont trust fucks like that ever, remember "we arent trying to take away your toys". Fucks always lie and try to make their intentions seem noble

haha ok fag

Except that's exactly what he DIDN'T do. At best he's implying that Trump brought up media shit possibly because Gamergate, but not LITERALLY because of Gamergate. Can basic reading comprehension be a requirement before anyone posts on this site?

I've always supported there being some kind of rating system, but I feel like it'd be better if the game companies had their own rating systems rather than trying to have the ESRB

I didn't give a flying fuck what the media thought about video games 15 years ago, why would I care now?

There was one for a while with games like Hexen and Heretic, I forgot the name of it, but it'd tell you about the kind of content in the game rather than some arbitrary letter that's lost all meaning. RSIAC or some shit I think was the name of it.

I wish that were still around.

With ESRB the descriptions are on the back cover, "fag".

1."I like to think it TRICKLES down."
2."GamerGate brings to light how shitty and yellow mainstream journalism is"
3. "THUS setting off investigations into other aspects of mainstream media and how to links to political parties using it as a means to spread propaganda,"
4. WHICH LEADS to an eventual media backlash on a large scale when Trump decides to run for president,
5. AND NOW here we are today.

he's directly implying that Gamergate's shit somehow led to a wider distrust of mainstream media at a critical moment in time, in this case election time when Trump and his supporters complain consistently about mainstream media, "and now here we are today". There's nothing else to take from this amount of nonsense other than somehow Gamergate helped fuel the distrust of mainstream media among voters and somehow impacted the election.

GGers are deluded faggots that think people still care for their circlejerk when they made it abundantly clear to everyone they'd rather be leftist lapdogs than speak truth to power because doing that would be mean.

They're a complete embarrassment that still cling to this board because no one else wants anything to do with them.

Yes but RSAC was infinitely more descriptive and was on the front of the box, "fag."

In this age, who needs gaming journalists? You can just pirate the game and demo it if you want to see if it is good or not. Then for news regarding censorship and the like, it gets around so you don't have to rely on some journalist who may or may not tell you the whole story because of their agenda.

They're not far off from Holla Forumstards and Holla Forumstards at this rate.

Which sounds ridiculous.

Here's your (you). Now fuck off.

No.

I know SEGA used to have one too.

The only trouble with having the game publishers like Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft have their own rating system boards is that the states couldn't as easily make sweeping laws regarding "mature" games because what is "mature" for Nintendo may not be "mature" for Microsoft.

literally where is that implied

You don't need journalists period. They serve no purpose in this day and age other than to obfuscate the truth and push forth the Narrative. I can't recall a single time in the past 20 years they have done anything that wasn't about harming the West.

Suck my cock you fucking embarrassment. Take #NotYourShield and shove it up your ass for good measure.

Not an argument, fag. Go back to your hugbox thread.

You know you're not getting paid for this right?

>>>/cuckchan/

I realize English is a fucking stupid language to begin with, but anyone who didn't flunk basic sentence structuring would walk away with this impression.

You're not fooling anyone though

You guys seem retarded.

To be honest I completely agree with you. I know a lot of people who were fearing for their lives during Trump's victory on Election Day and it pissed me the fuck off. The media just pushed this fucking stupid narrative that he was super evil and a bunch of gullible idiots suddenly felt threatened (and some even considered ending their lives over it) because some stupid dipshit bigwig doesn't like Trump.

Fuck the media.

Sage because not vidya.

They really try though.

When =/= Where.

you're on Holla Forums not /ggrevolt/ or whatever you faggots come from. Go back to it, or stop assuming everyone has to share your opinion.

Why did he do it? Probably because the place was abandoned (no internet traffic until very recently prior to the "massacre") and this was staged so that the town and the democrats could make a transaction: campaign against guns and tear down the old school and replace it with a fancy new one provided by the charitable good will of the American people.

He wrote a sentence detailing what he thought was a certain sequence of events in time in which the parts of the sequence themselves were directly related to one another.

Be honest, user. English is your second language, isn't it?

We know your undermining and co-opting tactics, goon. Now fuck off.

CRT, NO ONE IS PAYING FOR YOUR PIZZA ANYMORE.

what next
cuck? sjw?

No one gave CRT any pizza. They were told to stand in the corner, facing the wall, and not masturbate while Podesta fucked toddler to summon Moloch.

So out of curiosity what do you think "Media Backlash" meant?

Correct Record The?

GG I know you're retarded so I have to explain the obvious to you, but you are the people that made everyone hate and despise you.

It's what happens to flip-flopping traitors that change their minds on everything at the drop of a hat.

Yes.

Just go, no shekels are being placed in your account for this.

No because it never happened. Its a work of liberal fiction. Leftist have always hated video games. The Kosher "right" merely wanted to use them as tools to turn you into obedient soldiers to fight for Jewish wars.

what

I've told you multiple times already, you don't belong here, so leave. Also please kill yourself. Pretty please wih a cherry on top.

what

One of the reasons that media feels like it pushes more of a narrative now is because in this day and age, major new media doesn't exist as much to relate the news.

In the past, news stations had limited air time and only so much of that air time to actually tell you what the fuck was happening where and when. 24/7 news stations like FOX and CNN are less news stations than news COMMENTARY stations ultimately leading to news being spun to serve the need for commentary to fill air time. To make things worse, with modern media technology, anyone with a basic degree in journalism from a community college can start a blog or a news website and MOST journalist students, though not all, are of a left-wing persuasion. The fewer right-wing journalists (assuming they're real journalist students) tend to make it their sole business simply to counter whatever narrative the left-wingers are pushing because they feel threatened, resulting in a further blurring of the true events.

It used to be that being a journalists was a widely respected profession

I've told you multiple times already, you don't belong here, so leave. Also please kill yourself. Pretty please wih a cherry on top.

That's CREW now.

It's a damn shame. Corporate dishonesty is so fucking gay.

Holla Forums please fuck off

Please stay in gamergate threads.

Daily reminder that it was two Democrats, (((Joseph Lieberman))) and (((Herbert H. Kohl))) who led the Senate Committee Hearings on Violence In Video Games in 1993 against Doom, Mortal Kombat and Night Trap.

The left has always been trying to take our games away.

Fuck off Acidman that board hasn't been active in over a year. Last thing it did was get a Pedophile fired from Nintendo.
Most of us don't give a fuck about gaymangay after 2015 at the latest. That doesn't mean people are a-political its just the whole thing became cancer and was co-opted by Reddit and Jews.

kill yourself kike see

Oh fuck off with that shit. It's always been retards, not leftists or rightists of any kind. Retards are going to be retards. Simple as that.

Never go full CREW.

ok

You mean Leftist and Jewish dishonesty. They have a narrative to push and a race to exterminate.

It's indisputable fact that it was the left that was the driving force behind vidya witch hunts. They're just so good at pretending it was the ebil right wing Nazis that wanted to censor stuff.

If it bleeds it can be killed. If it bleeds you don't have to hide in fear. If it bleeds you can fight back.

Some people showed the world that our common enemy can bleed. Deny it all you want, that's what started the Age Of Kek. And it's still just beginning.

Yeah, retards that are leftists. Not that you can be a leftist without being a moron though.

Now fuck off to Holla Forums.

No crying about Holla Forums bogymen and being a Hotpocket for free makes you a jew.

please take your meds

Kill yourself.

This is why you probably weren't paid in the firest place.

The only time a journalist I recall defending games was when Geoff Keighley went on Fox News for some shit regarding Mass Effects sex scene, which was about a decade ago.

And they were only defending it because the game was made by BioWare, and we all know what agenda BioWare loves to push.

So whats the next part of your mast plan? Do you just start crying that you are pretending to be retarded when people start providing evidence? Why not just filter? Or was shitposting apart of your plan?

The retards lean left. It's an ideology based on arbitrary "facts" and thought policing to ensure the bullshit doesn't get thrown in the trash when people wake up.

No. Never remember "defending", neutral at best.

To be fair, most Bioware related crazy bullshit really started going into high gear after Mass Effect 2, prior to that I don't recall much progressive related stuff in their games.

Meant Dragon Age: Origins.

Nigger one of the developers of Baldur's Gate is now a Tranny.

he hates them because only Shitbart kisses his ass. He'd rather have a LIAR like Milo defending him than real news attacking his autism.

then why are Jin Saotome and Kayla-Na conservatives?

TRUMP IS A JEW, YOU DUMB FUCK!

BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT BOARD

thanks for correcting the record

Paul Jaquays never worked for Bioware. They did however write sourcebooks for Forgotten Realms's, which is the source material for Bauldur's Gate, may have done some creative oversight during the project, but that's it.

They did however, work for iD Software on Quake 2 and 3.

Time to leave >>>Holla Forums