As much as I love how Mighty No. 9 is getting trashed because of the devs screwing over many backers...

As much as I love how Mighty No. 9 is getting trashed because of the devs screwing over many backers, I'm glad that the character Beck starred in at least one good game.

It would be wonderful to see a fan remake like this.

Why do people always want to remake good games in their own right to begin with (Castlevania 3 is probably the foremost example in this) or stuff that had absurdly mainstream appeal but just ended up being underwhelming while the market is already saturated with it (MN9 and MM clones in this case)?

Why would you want to make a shit game twice?

To be frank, I'd rather someone else made thier attempt at a Megaman game. Like says, it's reputation is poison now.

Gimme a new IP.

You remake something that is bad into something good.

That's not exactly rocket science.

Aside from the 10 original MegaMan games and the three good Megaman X games and maybe 4 legitimately good fan games. How can you say th emarket is already saturated? I can not honestly think of one good "Mega Man Clone". "but muh metagal and avgn game". Nigger I'm talk'n about good clones.

This argument is so fucking retarded I can't believe people keep it in their arsenal.

I've seen this comment before for a lot of games. It lacks any meaningful context. Is it an argument? Is it an observation? It's clearly meant to be negative. But in what meaningful way could it ever be? Is it a suggestion that you shouldn't want more of what you enjoy?

"You have already had ten cokes over your life. Is that still not enough?"
"You already had a pizza when you were ten, is that not enough?"
"You already had sex once. Is that not enough?"

It's not a question of "enough". You like something, you want more of it. There is no issue.

Cute

There were sixteen mainline games in the original series, not counting spinoffs

Fucking normalfags :^)

Most great games out there with devoted fanbases never get a sequel, much less over 30 of them. It seems so petty to complain about not getting yet another Megaman game when you already have so much in comparison to other far more deserving games.

I had this dream that I was playing this amazing Mega Man X clone called Chip and Cog.
The whole idea of the game is that there are robots and there are program counterparts to these robots, kind of like siblings and Chip and Cog are a team specialized to take out maverick bots and viruses

Basically Cog is a kind of steampunk old school robot with senator armstrong's VA, for some reason who fires from shouldercannons and who's charged shot is both cannons coming into one large chest cannon, while Chip is a computer program who's pretty similar to Zero except he's blue and has more of a tron-ish vibe to him.
Cog plays kind of heavier, with his charge shot knocking him back slightly and being able to aim it downwards for splash damage and a vertical boost, also being able to sustain a dash for a while and having the ability to ram after a long dash, meanwhile Chip plays like MMZ zero, fast, fragile and highly skill based. They both had their own armors, with an armor for Cog making him a close range brawler and changing his weapons and subweapons to reflect that and making Chip a long range attacker with an emphasis on richochets and trick shots

The game took place over four acts, each act having eight levels and four end levels and each level having three parts, also being fuckhueg. Chip and Cog had their own separate levels tailored to their abilities. Cog's levels are very combat oriented with the focus being on navigating large battlefields and going through enemies taking as little damage as possible due to an abundance of mini bosses. Mini bosses had limb damage, mostly taking out turrets but sometimes taking out someone's legs or a control module on their head that had raised a group of scrap metal enemies.
Chip's levels were pretty much MMZ's level concepts. Fast platforming with quick combat.

It just felt so good, I felt like someone had shot me through the heart when I woke up and realized it wasn't actually real.

Does this mean I should start learning how to make vidya so I can make it real

Also what are some good X fangames and clones, besides Corrupted? please respond I've been asking this in every MN9 and MM thread I've came across.

Kek

This is the tragedy of the Megaman spergs, at least Sonic autism has people who range HIGH in the spectrum and they were fucking dealing with math equations for speeds and loopings while Megaman babbies couldn't deal with color-swapping in non-obvious manners given the game making engines of the time or even get fucking wall-climbing right.

So if Capcom makes another Mega Man game, no one gets Half Life 3.

Got it.

Is this because all games are made at the game making factory? If one is made, it takes up a slot that another one could have been in? We should sign a petition to make more slots.

To me the demo looks excellent and I'm aware it's not out, it's why I asked about anything else. What's your problem?

None, but this thread shows people have a lot of these to spare

Yes. At least try to follow your dreams one user.

A majority of fans haven't even played every game in the series, but are still demanding more, which is one context to the argument. There's also the fact that the games have totally run out of ideas and any new entry would almost certainly be rehashing the same boss patterns and elemental stages they've done ten times before. I understand inference is difficult when you have autism. Take that formatting back to Reddit.

I assume he means stuff that sells more gets milked while other stuff gets forgotten, that's kind of a good point, other than that yeah, outside of Capcom the argument is not quite strong.

No. Fucking reading comprehension. Megaman fans are being a bunch of petty twats.

Maybe not all fans like Starforce or ZX style.

Those are the least-milked subseries of the bunch, besides Legends.

Yeah, but I mean, not all MM games are for all MM fans so is obvious they haven't played all games.

If anything, I am curious as to which games that user thinks deserve more.

That's the only formatting that made sense for his post. It would have been a cluttered mess, otherwise.

inb4 he's the fag who made the "Mega Man X is Shit" thread and tried to use God Hand as an example of a vastly superior game to DMC.

When did proper spacing become "reddit" ? That's been a mind boggling one that popped up a month ago. Maybe it's the same guy.

Honestly in my opinion Capcom should try and revitalize the 2D genres they excelled at again. A game similar to Ghosts/Ghouls and Goblins or Mega Man or Bionic Commando or even Viewtful Joe but with modern twists and shit they could not have done back in the 1986s or whatever time frames these games were made, but just small one offs. Something like Strider 2014 or Bionic Commando Rearmed, those games were pretty kick ass and I seriously enjoyed 2014 as much as I did Strider PSX.

What I don't want is some hack like Inafune milking the series over and over again and having 85% of the games in the franchise feel like what should have been just a second, third or fourth act to a previous game. Fuck in Mega Man X5 the amount of laziness in making that is just astounding. All the reused sprites, that joke of a boss Dark Necrobat, those godawful subweapons, that shit X/Zero fight, etc.

Or maybe what I'm asking is impossible and they'll just not do it or make MmX: Mega Man X starring XTREEEEME The Maverick Hunter

Not including spinoffs like the Power Fighters or Rock Board, there were 16 Classic games and two collections, 11 X games and one collection, 8 Battle Network games (excluding multiple versions), 4 Zero games and one collection, 3 Star Force (excluding multiple versions), 3 Legends, and 2 ZX. This is also not counting Nip-exclusive games like Rockman EXE 4.5 or Rockman EXE WS which can easily be emulated. The only series that really demands a new entry is Legends since it had one knowingly cancelled. I would also be morbidly curious to know which games he thinks deserve more.

Never heard of greentext?

Well you'd know, you've been here all summer.

This game and its parent game are both shit.

Or just do more cool shit like Dark Zero Void, but less of the 8-bit stuff and more modern stuff. I mean you can't just ride on nostalgia forever.

Right, also forgot to count remakes, which would bring Classic up to 17 and X up to 12.

Well now we agree on something. X5 had its dick sucked from the CMDF (Con Man Defense Force) quite a fucking lot especially how people in 1UP qualified while that site mattered. They were all saying how fucking awesome the game was and how X was downhill afterwards instead of "right at that entry".

So well informed fellows in fact they'd go on to say that Inafune worked actively on X5 and the "person who made X6 no longer works in videogamesd".

"The person who made X6" would go on to make X7, whether he meant the Producer or the Director, and Inafuking is just "Special Thanks" in X5 and a cursory glance in the MMXOCW book has him say his only direction for it was "kill Zero".

Inafune didn't even fucking know when X6 began development and it began development as X5 fucking wrapped up. Shows how involved he was.

God Hand was OK, but I was unable to keep playing for two reasons, PCSX2 is still shit, and that game has tank controls.

Meanwhile, in Japan.

So I was meaning to ask, is Azure Gunvolt a decent game and is the pc port any good?

I still got some enjoyment out of X5, albeit with a lot of self imposed challenges and because it was my first MM game but I can't just look past all the fucking bullshit that went on in the games. And X6 was like shat out in 6 months after X5 with it barely functioning. What was actually made well was pretty rad and what I wish I could have seen more of in X games(Metal Shark Player, Yammark, Turtloid) but everything else was just shit. Fuck whoever thought of Nightmare Dark and Nightmare Mother.

I don't want a new X game, I just want something that plays like it. Something that's pretty dash heavy, fast and has a nice focus on platforming while doing combat and preferably with a charge weapon.

Also want to know why I hate Inafune so much and think he's a hack?

MM4 - December 1991
MM5 - December 1992
MM6 - November 1993

Long story short the fucking hack just shat out game after game in the span of a year, sometimes shitting out two or three games in a year which is the reason why a lot of megaman games feel rushed, low quality and why sales of MM games weren't that big after 3/4. Having so many games just burned people out and it just didn't give the developers the time to actually put in the care and details needed for a sequel to feel fresh. I'm not claiming to know how the development of the games went but I'm blaming Inafune, after all who gave us Mighty Blunder 2?

You get used to it and you'll have yourself a blast. Same deal for a recently released game called Brigador that also has tank controls but it's incredible fun once you get used to it.

It ran fine on PCSX2 when I played it on there last year, it should be alright now with 1.4

Yeah it's alright

Can't say, I played it on 3DS. I tried to pirate the PC version once but there was something wrong with the crack.

I think with MN9 it was more about seeing Inafune make a Mega Man game without wearing the shackles of Capcom than about the need to see yet another sequel.

And now we've seen what he does on his own.

I liked the idea behind MHX but I hated the 3D sprites, and is a shame the game didn't do well enough, I wanted the MMX original trilogy with new stuff, on the other hand, there were some retcons I didn't like.

If MHX had less slowdowns and had the powered up deal of being able to play as mavericks that would have been pretty cool actually.

And y'know, had X2 and X3 as second and third acts

There is one important reason I can't go back and play X5… all the unskippable message prompts.

I mean it's not enough to have a small area letting you know what the gimmick's about, but they have to give you tits mcmaverick to explain it to your dumbass?

At least X6 took that shit out

Yeah, is kind of the opposite, I don't like X6 but all those messages are optional.

Yes it fucking does, that entire idea is stellar. It was a call from a higher power, and you must answer it as its prophet.

Yes, X5 is shite (in no small part because of those prompts). People just going back and realizing that is half the battle.

The other half is violence. Probably.

A cursory glance on the credits of MM4 to 6 shows Inafune listed as planner only in MM4. He's always "Object Designer" which means Character Design and Pixel Art. In MM5 he's an Advisor as well and in 6 he's just on Object Design.

Inafune became "the face of the Megaman series" because he was the guy in staff the longest. He took the reins full time with X4, though there were projects already underway he was vewy vewy upset about (Super Adventure Rockman, namely. I think he doesn't care for Battle and Chase too). Up until X3, at least, Tokuro Fujiwara who was head of the console department of Capcom was involved - in all the games ever since MM2, if memory serves, and he's also the producer for Ghosts 'n Goblins and the Gargoyle's Quest subseries (including Demon's Crest).

I don't have the MMOCW book, but legend has it Inafune also hated-hated-hated every new gameplay addition after MM2, for which he has a boner that perhaps lose only to Zero and Legends. It's no coincidence MM9 got rid of sliding and charging.

MM3 was also originally helmed by Patariro, who did the NES Strider (don't blame the guy too hard for that game's flakiness, though, everything points to Capcom USA releasing an unfinished Japanese prototype after enough glue held it together). He quit halfway and Inafune just says "he didn't get Megaman".

Patariro died a while ago. We'll likely never learn his half of the story.

But all things considered, it does look quite a bit that the most popular theory (Inafune was just an illustrator in the right place at the right time) is what happened. By the time of X2 and X3 in his own words he was already more of a producer despite working under Fujiwara, and he was mostly working with licensing deals getting card games and toys made.

Sound familiar?

They let you play as Vile, I don't know if more playable characters would have redeemed that game. The controls were all sluggish and the colors were too bright. Powered Up was considerably better.

>tfw always reading how after X5 was the turning point despite how fucking bad X5 itself was

"There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person…"
–Warren Spector

『TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS』 vs 『CUBAN PETE』

Also if I may clarify something, to quote an average movie brought to greatness thanks to Al Pacino going nuclear:

I've been here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began.

I was around when people said Engine of Destruction: Mega Man X was history in the making when it was just a Klik and Play game using its bugged-out ass default platform set (and the game was never completed). I was around when people claimed MM21XX was better than X4. Fuck, I was around when a kid doing MM21XX got way over their heads and said EVERYTHING IS OVER when they said the new designs for the first GBC Megaman X was not to their taste. They, you see, were the way of the future.

Only not.

You were asking if there were any other good X fangames: there ain't, not in the style of the games themselves. And why? Because of MUH PLOT. Fandoms were elitistic sons of bitches back in the day, much moreso than now.

Any kid with a bright idea would request help because no one's an island, and he would only ever receive said help if he'd let the artist have his own trailblazing idea for the FUTURE OF THE MEGAMAN SERIES, whether it involved reploids becoming human, Rock going to OUTERSPACE become an alien hero or X saying he gives up on Earth and colonizing an entire planet instead of trying to fix Neo Arcadia.

The artist'd do that. The programmer'd do that. The spriter'd do that. Nothing ever got out of the fucking ground. And you couldn't ask for help or have people come with anonymity like we do these days with huge, sprawling networks like either Zuckerbook or Youtube or even imageboards. I saw enough promising projects die by that token that you could make a Blade Runner scene out of this. But this is just fangame shit, so we shan't.

You had an idea, you had to open up to the FORUM OVERLORDS or let it die and not come to fruition.

The guy behind Corrupted seemed to be able to stave that because he could show he was making progress on Youtube by himself and make no mistake people tried to go "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" but forums had lost their "when I give the word, you jump!" power (thank fuck) by then so he's doing his shit and the game's probably gonna be released by 2025.

I think videos are weak and will wait for the final product.

As far as you go, though, learn whatever engine you'd prefer and put your game out there. Megaman fans still keep whining about no new games and get nothing done if not 8-bit rethreads and if you contrast that with Sonic fangames' output (a series I don't even like to be honest) it's humiliating.

So set a bar for these fuckers to follow and just go out there and make whatever it is in your mind tangible.

My bad, I thought you were retarded. You're actually just bitter. Why not be the change you want then, faggot?

t. Someone who's actively making a Mega Man fan game on his own.

I'm making my own shit in my spare time.

Pop by the AGDG thread.

See you soon!

"Your own shit" as in your own Mega Man shit, or original shit?

Original

I guess I could give it a shot. I mean it's not like time is short for me or anything, thanks for the encouragement user

Maybe he's not actually interested in MM.

I was actually completely enthralled and obsessed with jump 'n shoot man. I tried to have my own shit take off more than once but I had a lot of things come in the way (none of the lesser a lot of real life calls) and then one day I just grew out of it.

Maybe Con Man helped me with that, because I loved the shit out of MM2 and then MM9 came out. Sure, fair enough, novel idea, the presentation suckered everybody.

MM10 comes out. More of the same.

MML3 is announced. Good for them, I didn't like the games, but if it's coming out they have their day on the sun.

MMU is announced. First trailer sentence is "Based on the famous Mega Man 2…"

I was out.

Apparently around 30 megaman games and 10+ something clones are not enough.

So to clarify, you:
Why?

Read threads before posting, faggot.

Also,

'cuz I agree on the point that no, we're not being fucking ripped off if there are no more Mega Man games. It has a fucking wealth of titles. The chips will fall where they may.

Also you're conflating shit that doesn't match. The fact fangames didn't got off the ground due to fandom cuckery? Sorry, it's true, been there, done that.

My own interest in Megaman waned from the direction Capcom was taking it in.