/ogc/: Racing Vidya General - smug twingo man edition

Welcome to /ogc/, a place to discuss racing games of all kinds. Sims, Arcade racers, Futuristic, realistic, doesn't matter as long as it involves racing.
Ask questions, post questions, reply to questions, bullshit about upcoming games, have fun.
Mumble Server Information:
Address: 8v.servers.moe
Port: 64738
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/
burnout.wikia.com/wiki/Bikes#Motorbikes
burnouthints.com/downloads
redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331803127455/11-of-the-best-game-race-tracks-of-all-time
isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/205-Command-Line-Option-trace
store.steampowered.com/app/450670/
pastebin.com/19vfrRMv
rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52636/gta-online-cunning-stunts-coming-july-12th-watch-the-new
contests.nvidia.com/fr-fr/red-bull-air-race-beta-key-giveaway
contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/red-bull-air-race-beta-key-giveaway
origin.com/en-fr/store/free-games/trials
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

VRRRRRROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:3

But there was a thread yesterday!
What happened

This and the arcade version of Exotica are great fun.

CTS-V
T
S
-
V

Last thread is over the bump limit so we move. And I didn't see a new thread so maybe it disappeared into the ether

Daily reminder that the skyline is THE best car, better than that rotary shitter that actual retards think it's superior.

post racean musics

thats wrong tho you skyrine faggot
the porsche 962 is also fucking gay and porsches are gay in general

Both suck

Agreed porsches suck ass.

Does anybody play the crew and wants to team up with me? i can help you with the campaign and bully you for being bad

What are some of the best racing games on Steam that are on sale right now?

What is the best open world car game??

Flatout
Carmageddon
rFactor
Distance
Dirt: Rally
Trackmania United

Test Drive Unlimited

But can you dorifuto in TDU?

post-apocalyptic car games? carma 2 can be a bitch while modding it and is very crash prone for some reason and mad max is mediocre as hell with not enough driving and even that isn't fun, it's barely even post-apocalyptic survival

I would but my cpu block started to leak and something shorted in my pc. Going to see whats fucked and what isn't soon.
it wasn't the distilled water that caused the short it was something in the dye that I used when I was a little faggot thinking colored water was cool

Sorta

Would My Summer Car count?

Any good anti-gravity racing games on Steam?

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/

I know you guys have a wiki but I'd rather have user feedback on the entry level stuff.

I like driving games and wanna get a wheel; what do you think is a good starting wheel that basically isn't shit.

The logictech g27 seems to be the standard choice but the Fanatec Porsche 911 seems to be better, driver issue aside.

please spoonfeed me since i can't make a decision

I remember seeing some wheels/pedals buy guide picture somewhere, let me look if I saved it

Found it!

Looks neat, thanks.

cheers bud

And I thought the train simulator autists were bad, with buying thousands of dollars of DLC which just amounted to simple model and texture swaps plus barebones maps. They're still the undisputed autistic purchase kings, of course, but this isn't that far behind them.

And you have only scratched the surface

A bit out of date though, both the GT3 and the G27 are not sold anymore.

That's early level shit, high end setups are like 10x that price.
Probably more worth it to buy a wheel for pretend race cars than a VR headset for anything, ever.

What's the secret to not sucking at drifting?

depends on the game and physics

Probably too touchy on the throttle. Countersteering throughout the turn should come natural once you understand how much throttle to apply to keep the tires spinning but not spinning out.

eurobeat

If I want to get Eurotruck simulator 2, should I just get the base game or which add on's should I get as well?

The base game should be enough, but going eat and scandinavia are really nice. The scandinavia dlc might be a bit steep.
Other than those maybe have a look at the high power cargo pack. All the rest is just cosmetics.

Careful with the deluxe bundle, it artificially boosts the price by adding a bunch of games you'll never play because you have ETS2.

Base game is decent, but you'll want the map DLCs if you intend on playing MP with people because they add so much more map and are a PITA to deal with if everyone doesn't have both of them.

There's one cargo pack but it's not necessary. If you want to buy DLC, buy the maps first.

Flatout 2 is a fucking masterpiece. I love this game so much. The music sucks balls though, muted that shit so hard.

What? You don't like Nickelback? :^)

I hear ya brother, Flatout 2 is my GOAT racing game.

It would only be good if you were an edgy teenager in the 00s.

Any simulation game is breeding ground for max autism.

the crew is pretty comfy game. too bad there isn't more options to say..remove bloom and shitty post fx.

Can't you turn off bloom by going into the XML setting file (Documents\The Crew\PCScalability.xml) and setting bloom to 0.

I don't remember if this setting actually works

I think it helped? Oh well, I like the roads in 'merica. They look so comfy. Reminds me a lot of TDU.

How is Dirt 3 Complete Edition? It's on sale for $7.

It's Dirt 3 with the technical issues (GFWL stuff) worked out, but still has the gameplay issues (Bruh, Ken Block Bruh. Gymkana Bruh). Get it if you have some dosh you can drop.

ocg likes mario kart? 8ch has a mario kart 7 group?

fix'd, the mk7 group has been dead as shit for several months

Oh god it's horrible. Also the vehicle handles like complete shit. Is the gore the only redeemable thing about this game? I hope 2 is better.

Imma just take this opportunity to introduce Holla Forums to a personal favorite of mine, Space Haste 2.

Space Haste 2 is what you get when you put Wipeout on PC, make it slightly more budget, give it more memorable sound design, draw inspiration from Star Wars, Blade Runner and The 5th Element and get entry level /mu/sicians to do the music, which for some reason you then decide to lock onto the disc, making digital downloads useless.

Is a lot of fun, still runs great on Windows 7, but it's definitely a product of the era. It's got some flaws, some more glaring than others, but all in all a good experience, at least for a few hours.

Really? That sucks, I remember having some good races with anons.

I tried Carmageddon for the first time after watching RetroAhoy's video on it. I had known about it as a kid, but I was always a Twisted Metal fan so I didn't think of Carmageddon then with much interest.

And now that I have played it…it's such a weird little Frankenstein's monster. I like it, though; it's like a mix of Twisted Metal and Destruction Derby.

Has anyone played Reincarnation? If so, would you recommend it?

I would reccomend it if you enjoyed the first 2 Carmageddons. It's a game made almost specifically for nostalgiafags. It has a lot of problems, but it's still really solid. You'll get more out of it if you actually played and enjoyed the old ones.

Throttle, brake balance, weight dynamics management and grip management.

A lot of things contribute to a good drift, but the best thing is to always keep her in the spot that feels most correct. You can start out with clutch kicking and hand breaking but that doesn't give you the optimum amount of control and momentum.

Personally, I prefer to do inertia and brake drifts because the car acts more predictably and theres less chance of the car either going wide or spinning out. Only ever clutch kick when you don't have enough power and are in a tight corner. Only ever hand break when you have too much power and are in a tight corner.

Inertia drifting is where you turn away from the turn and then turn back again making the displacement of mass and energy make the rear end tail happy, you control this by applying only enough power to maintain the drift and ensure you counter steer. Don't be too spirited with your initiation of the drift as you'll make the mass energy spring to hard to the other end of the car and that will be incredibly unmanageable.

Brake drifting is a fun technique that is more technical and safer than any other technique. Do a weak inertial drift, essentially a flick as you go into the corner and when the inside tire dips into the corner stamp the brake a bit and get back onto the gas and you'll begin to slide. This technique is good for Chiba style drifting because the use of the brake will make you go wider. in addition to all this the effect of the accelerator will be dulled because most of the weight will be on the front wheels and so the rear wheels will have less downforce for grip which is both a good and bad thing.

also handbraking is good when theres lock up and you want to go full chiba style instead of staying close to the apex.

What are you talking about? I just booted up the steam version (Which is really just the Dos Box version) and while it didn't have a smooth frame rate it was mostly above 30fps. But the game speed is likely capped because it's an old game that ties a lot of stuff to the game speed Like the clock which can push the game into unplayable with how quickly it goes. Also just playing with the keyboard the physics feel great, especially for the time and control method.

But anyways 2 does fix a lot of things and is significantly more modern. You just better familiarize yourself with the cheat menu since it does get kinda bullshit with the missions.

I think that's gotten posted here before actually. Though I remember it being posted as something different, Highway something.

I've played Reincarnation and am firmly ehh on it. It's a modern version of Carmageddon but it's a bit worse in nearly all aspects apart from graphics and the roll over function You will have no idea how good that feature is until you try going back.

The driving physics are a bit too loose and you wind up slipping Though it could due with the fact you spend a lot of time off road and the enemies are just way too tough I've spent more times ramming into a guy on his side for a good few minutes before he gives up the ghost then is enjoyable while you're too squishy. Also a good amounts of bugs and the limited APO system Which is pointless because you're underpowered to begin with.

However it was fantastic value for an early access game (you got all three PC Carmageddon's and expansion packs free) though that ended. Now they're giving the PC owners the Console/expansion pack for free. So if you can pick it up cheap it's a good deal, especially if you like the older ones since it's basically a bare bones remake of one.

Is there a paint like this in real life?

Yeah, it's popular with sandniggers Also turn on Anti-aliasing if you're going to do screen shots.

I thought arab money preferred gold tbh

So I just got Burnout Paradise as I was recommended it from the last thread.

I was also suggested to get the DLC unlocker, does it just give me the dlc cars at the beginning or do I need it to actually be able access the dlc at all?

it's the latter

you can blame it on the gracious dickwads known as EA yet again

But I can access the paradise bikes though straight away do you unlock more by doing challenges?
So I guess have to use the DLC unlocker to unlock the rest?
how exactly does it work?

On a semi related note: I would love to have a burnout style but with just bikes instead, that would be awesome.

IIRC bikes are unlocked straight away

Can you unlock more or are there just two?

There are four bikes
burnout.wikia.com/wiki/Bikes#Motorbikes

DLC unlocker + vanity pack
burnouthints.com/downloads

Does it depend on the car for kick out? A lot of games seem to depend on either hitting the hand brake or just steering hard into the curve and praying you didn't turn far enough to slam into it while drifting.

Alright

What exactly do those do?
According to the online dlc store I already have Party, Bikes and Cagney

*In-game

Unlock the other DLC you can't even buy anymore because EA doesn't like it when you throw money at them

What does the patches in the link do?

Does that shit work on the steam version?

only for the origin version, since the steam doesnt even have the files for the dlc

Not sure, worst case scenario you put the key in Origin and download the game from there.

and Vanity Pack barely fucking works, it's stuck on "initializing"

Apparently you can't repair the bikes you unlock either because criterion/EA abandoned their broken game

1 > 2
Sure 2 has more shit, weapons and all that neat stuff being able to turn your car to fucking granite and 1hit ko:in everyone else but fuck… there's just something in it that makes it feel somewhat soulless…

Maybe it's the cars, they dont look and feel as cool as they did in 1 more like something from kids section in store.

Also fuck some of those "missions" like that one you have to go from roof to roof destroying antennas…

To be honest that's the hardest mission aside from the final one. And the races on SS Lewinsky, if you want to wreck 'em all.

It's not dead if it can earn daddy Bamco some money on mobile then so be it. but it may as well be.

There will never be a Genki-Namco Developed Ridge Racer with Reiko as the fastest racer.

Also is there a reason Burnout Paradise got shafted on DLC for PC?

I think the store on PC ran into some trouble and got taken down for maintenance. It was never put back online.

EA moved them onto NFS quickly because Black Box started shitting the bed and they weren't sure about Shift (Which did flop as it got hammered for not being what NFS fans wanted and anyone buying a sim racer that year just bought Forza 3). Criterion had to abandon a ton of ideas they showed in developer diaries like "Burnout Planes" along with abandoning the PC version to start work on NFS even though Criterion didn't really want to (But had no choice). The Burnout updates were supposed to lead to a "Burnout Vs Road Rash" game being announced with the bikes and planes being a test bed.

Fuck EA, basically.

Which Sega Rally games should I be playing and which versions?

Whatever is available to you. They are all good, even the western made one.

That's good

ayy lmao

Is that what happened? Why is it the people most obsessed with making money do the STUPIDEST decisions. Don't know how the Burnout planes would have worked but "Burnout meets Road Rash" would have been cool. **Also I feel old due to how it was fucking Shift that killed Paradise, cause that came out in like '05?

A friend and I just got rFactor and are having trouble setting up a server.
Would anyone mind helping?

Ports are open?

Yes.

So The Crew is free this month.

I downloaded it, finished it and I'm absolutely astonished at how unbelievably shitty the AI is.

If you're in a "815" car up against a "350" car (numbers denoting the level of advanced parts and performance) even if you're absolutely killing the racing line they'll pass you. If they crash- whether by your hand, traffic or they just simply drive off the road randomly because the AI glitches and does that some times- they'll spawn in front of you at around 50km/h.

In saying that, It's a pretty game and it's huge- full of tons of Easter eggs and real world places to visit. Only 15 cars and 8 or so motorbikes in the base game.

If you can score a copy or pirate it, I'd say get it.

Free where?

the crew's singleplayer is indeed shitty but the pvp is amazing and it's great for driving around

NOT on uplay. not sure wtf this guy's talking about

xboner

Xbox LIVE Gold.

If you aren't a consolefag I still suggest you pirate it, it's fun for what it is.

Completely unrealistic but having "Nitro" on all the cars and bikes feels kinda like Burnout did back in the day… In a good way.

always online :^)

Didn't RAZOR or someone do a version which uses a work around for Pirate Bay or something?

I swear I saw it on /scurv/…

Shift was the 09 NFS and it did OK in sales to get a sequel but flopped long term people were pissed it was a simcade instead of a real racer. So EA decided to split it. Though Criterion were on NFS well in 2008 thanks to Undercover being complete shit.

is there a way to get all the dlc in burnout paradise on pc?

What's the problem with the server? Could be almost anything unless there's a specific as to what is/is not going on.

Isn't there the crew: trial version?

Don't know.

There is on consoles.

It's limited to two hours of play.

It's funny you say that Satan, there's a race in there I did a couple of days ago (Faction race?) that took just under 2h 30m to complete- from one side of the US to the other.

I doubt you'd even unlock Faction races in 2 hours even when skipping cut scenes.

When I played the trial I had gotten halfway through Chicago when time expired.

I'm not going to lie…

That's kinda hot.

far more appealing than a real Tesla

Any car games for PC obviously with some car customization(more than just changing colours atleast) AND a damage model thingy?

I dont play racing games much as for my experience both i listed have usually been quite lacking in games even modern ones.

Oh and i've played some of the Burnout-series but shit if i remember which ones.

I AM HONTRODUS THE HONKER ROBOT FROM THE FUTUREEEEEE

Where do I race a 1950's Chevy pickup custom?

gta 5

Is Test Drive Unlimited 2 worth it for $5 on Steam? I know the online is fucked but I don't care, I'm interested in it mainly as a single player open world racing game.

races are locked if you are offline, the physics are shit, please pirate it, eden doesn't exist anymore anyways.

the hero Holla Forums never wanted
but the hero Holla Forums needed

So, what's the error?

As long as the ports are open and your firewall is set to accept inbound connections for rFactor it should be fine.

That's odd, I remember the AI being hopelessly slow in this game.

DLC Unlocker, from the same dude that made the Vanity Pack

Meh. Save a few more currencies and get The Crew. TDU2 is a fun game if you can turn your brain off and stop thinking about the driving physics, but the servers are less reliable than 8ch and this game does this stupid thing (like TDU1) to have different online and offline profiles so you'll be fucked most of the time.

So that's why NFS Most Wanted 2012 was a lot like Burnout Paradise.

MW 2015 was basically Burnout with licensed cars and cops. The MP is fun, thanks to it being almost the same as Paradise's.

It has much less enjoyable gameplay to me though.

is grid worth the few bucks? any other recommendations? i've got some steambux to spare

Cars a bit too weighty, but the MP is a bit weird. The completely retarded upgrade system spoils
everything.

Yes, though you might as well pirate it. It's old and online has been dead for years.
ETS2 is good
Could also recommend Shift 2, very enjoyable game and erring towards simcade with PTMu

It tell my friend that he timed out.
It tell me the same when he hosts.

The short list if
>Good all around: NFS UndercoverThough a Prostreet is fine too

Why are the controls for Undercover on PC so terrible?
Why can't you switch songs?
Why can't you pick which ones should be on the playlist?
Why is the camera forced on the hood during highway battles?

Is it even possible to dorifuto in this game?

Shit port
Shit developers
ditto
It's not

I don't really think so, the driving engine is supposed to allow you to do stunts like 360s and shit.

that was the moment the muh immershun factor went from okay to in the matrix to oh fuck in a split second, followed by crashing into a wall.

Shit's pretty neat.

Anyone else like the ae86 not because it's the Initial D car, but because it's got nice aesthetics?

>bought The Crew yesterday for 15$
I know I need a graphics card, and I'm stuck with shitty integrated graphics. Can anyone recommend me a decent graphics card? AMD preferred.

RX 480.

wait maybe a week for the aftermarket coolers though.

The refrence model is toasty

Oh yes this. I forgot about that, was wondering why all the manufactures cards looked the same.

For those of you who purchased the crew, whats the most enjoyable car?

So far it's been the subaru brz for me.

I've only really driven the first ride I got from the first dealer (outside of missions that provide another car), which is the Mustang. I test drove the ones available and felt most comfortable with this one.
Short revs, proper roadability.
The only real con I find is it doesn't drift well. But that's probably just me sucking at drifing.

The snowy roads in the mountains are perfect for drifting just about any car.

Cool, I'll give it a spin. Are there any deep crevices in which I can expect my car to end up?

I love the 2012 Vanquish because it's comfy and has 8 gears. Handling is pretty neutral so it works very well as a car to just eat the road at speed.

Also like the LaFerrari because this shit is stuck to the ground and goes a bit like a rocket. And my drag Viper because trying to drive it around a corner is very challenging, fun and rewarding. And that rush when you finally put your foot down and get to 400 kph in no time.

>implying it's not an overpriced Toyota 200SX

This fukkin game, man.

redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331803127455/11-of-the-best-game-race-tracks-of-all-time
number 2 is rainbow fucking road lmao

No help?

The link is deceptive, the article says "iconic". Which makes sense.

It's very broad, try using the logging/trace command to see if there's any specific error you get.

Well how do i do that?

Did anyone make anything like Cruis'n ever again? The latest I can think of was that Fast and the Furious arcade game getting ported to the Wii as a blander Cruis'n game

I just thought that the AE86 was the only good looking Corolla I ever saw

I actually just remembered something about that model now that you brought it up, I remember someone who constantly bought Corollas everytime new ones were out to the point that instead of fixing a mild engine problem she just bought either another E100 or the E110

I will concede that the E100 looks good pls no bully

Here open wide I'll spoonfeed you babby

isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/205-Command-Line-Option-trace

Also I'd say load up another server (maybe a Source server, if both of you have HL2DM or CSS those are perfect choices), put it on same port as rFactor and try again. This should let you know if the port is not opened properly (Source client times out) or if rFactor is at fault (Source connects fine)

Is Table Top Racing World Tour any good single player wise?
I need some arcade racers

Steam Page is store.steampowered.com/app/450670/

I only played the original Table Top Racing, but I enjoyed it, worst case you have to request a refund.

where do i put the save because i have it on
steam

Speed is fun

Thanks ubisoft.

Well there goes my night. Guess it's time to fap to rose and sleep

Since the The Crew servers are back up, what's the best way to make lots of money in the game? I want to be able to buy more cars and whatnot.

Faction missions and PVP.

Add a bunch of random people to send them on faction missions so they earn you money when you're offline.
I don't know if they rebalanced the money in normal PVP, but if you have Wild Run the Summit PVP mode gives you about 16k per race even if you're dead last.

I was afraid of that. I generally don't do well in PVP stuff…
But at least 16k minimum from The Summit stuff is pretty good.

You can try to see if they raised the minimal reward for PVP races.

But yeah if your car isn't level 1299 you pretty much have no chance of winning a race.

I would fuck him / her so hard.

It looks like they've lowered it, but not too much. Was doing races and getting, generally, 13k for a last/4th place, and something like 17/18k for 2nd.
Still a whole lot better and quicker than doing the faction missions, or just driving grinding. Appreciate the tip.

Did Rose ever do nudes? Do we know for sure if they are male or female?

Just don't forget to send friends on faction missions and you'll soon be drowning in cash

Yeah, I've been doing that with the few people who accept my friend invite.
I was noticing there were some missions that had a higher skill level required, giving a 58% chance to win. Does this increase the more I use a friend, or do I get to send multiple people on the same mission at some point or something?
Or do I just trust RNGesus to not fuck me

AFAIK it's all RNG, but you can spend a few perk points to send more than one friend on a mission and get a guaranteed 100% win rate

Not videogames.

wot

Why is Luigi such a complete dick in the original Mario Kart? Every fucking time I start doing good this faggot comes out of nowhere with an invincibility star completely wrecking my shit and doing absolutely perfect turns impossibly fast. He has wrecked my ass mere seconds from the finish line more times than I can count.

Yes, that's correct.

& what's the point of this post?

She is a girl. Has to be.

Hard to tell tbh

that bit of landing strip makes me want to do things to her

Doesn't even matter, he/she is a disgusting femnazi.

So she just needs a good, hard dicking then?

Sage for not cars or vidya.

Cause rng is fun.

I've been doing summit pvp, shit is sketchy at best. Leader will randomly leave mid way through race and race will abort. Feels like dutyfinder in MMOs.

Alright, here's some of the text.
Cars don't seem to load in properly. Perhaps this is causing it?

TRACE LEVEL = 3TRACE LEVEL = 1000NetComm.cpp 11201: NetComm checking command line: "trace=1000"game.cpp 1191: Entered Game::Enter()osman.cpp 541: Entered OSMan::Enter()plrfile.cpp 2321: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()setup.cpp 629: Vehicle "BallRacing #01" did not pass filtersetup.cpp 1893: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\FORMULAIS\SEASON_2006\ALL_TEAMS\BALLRACING\FORM06_01.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)setup.cpp 629: Vehicle "BallRacing #02" did not pass filtersetup.cpp 1893: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\FORMULAIS\SEASON_2006\ALL_TEAMS\BALLRACING\FORM06_02.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)setup.cpp 629: Vehicle "Duisburg #05" did not pass filter

Yeah. Also dat feminine dick.

No, AFAIK this just means a certain car was disabled because it didn't fit with the server settings, like a different mod or even a different "version" of the car (depending on which parts are installed on the car).
Post the whole log file to pastebin or something similar. There's probably a more relevant line around the time you timed out

pastebin.com/19vfrRMv

On another note, Project Cars is on sale.
Was that game any good?
I recall people have problems with it.

didn't frank wolf (rose) an hero a few years ago?

People don't like it and the devs/publishers are dicks.

Please elaborate user.

How is Split/Second? It's 5 bux on Steam.

It's fun but the gimmick doesn't hold up all too long. You'll probably finish it once, have some fun, and never touch it again.

long comfy freedrive challenges will usually give you 100k per challenge.
they take 2-4 hours to finish tho

Well the common complaints are: dodgy physics, retarded AI, no real sp progression and instead of supporting the game they just announced PCars 2.

I take it I should skip it then?

You should give it a pirate and see what you think.

all right m8

also:
Wherent they some guys from SimBin involved?
I read somewhere that the physics are pretty close to Race 07.

I'm just repeating what people on Holla Forums were saying when it was still being talk about m8. "the common complaints".

Nothing that jumps to my face. If you have a password on the server make sure you're inputting it correctly because IIRC a wrong password can cause a timeout.
Otherwise double check that you're using the correct IP and that the ports are opened.

Decent but once in a while your car will be launched into the air. GOTY edition actually has some nice content. Devs are dicks but this is the world of simracing so that's a given.

Good, fun, get it if your favorite part of a CoD game is when shit blows up because oh boy does shit blow up in this game.

Yeah they're fun, except when you get DC'd in the middle of the race because it feels like Ivory Tower reboots the server every freaking day. Not good for grinding money though.

Some content that should have been in PC will be in PC2 hence the no support feeling. Also most of the bugfixes are minor annoyances. Not exactly groundbreaking post release shit.

The physics engine is decent, even good at times, but it glitches. It glitches a lot. It's not uncommon to see cars flying into the air, or taking damage out of thin air. In between two bugs it's very fun to play though.

Until your car is sent into the air for shits and giggles on hour 3 of a 4 hour endurance race.

I have no password and the ports are all open and as the host I don't have to insert any IP.
What the hell is going on?
I just want to play some vidya.

You do connect using the LAN server browser not the Internet one?

No, I do not.

You should probably try it was what I implied in a slightly badly worded way.
If your router doesn't do NAT-loopback it won't work using the Internet browser

Fug.
Will do. I'll try it.

NFS Shift 2: Crowdfunded Edition
its ok

How is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit as a single player game? Is it worth $5?

It's all right. Just imagine it being Burnout with cops and real cars. Certainly could be worse.

Also Happy Canada day, have some Sled Storm and game by a Canadian dev team Rip both EA Big and Radical

AND WEAPONS

Gas guzzlers

I don't know if it's actually good or if I just set my expectations so low I was pleasantly surprised. It's basically Mario Kart except everyone has a bunch of red shells for an attack. The course design is schizophrenic, there are some legit good and really fun courses, but then some seriously poorly thought out ones, like a stage with tons of hairpin turns but the track is nothing but sand that makes you spin out incredibly easy when turning.

It seemed like 90's games had a bunch of shit tier tracks with the occasional jewel. NFS3 is an example of really great track design that is shit on paper but works really well.

Retarded design at least meant we could do something else than drive GT3 cars around the Nordschleife and Spa

Game runs awful on AMD hardware and the glitches go from funny to race ruining as well.

I had one career race where the game decided it was going to rain heavy midway through the race on Zolder. Pitted in, switched to wets. Came out, slightly throttled up and the car went spinning in a 180. Restarted race 3 times. Same thing happened. Got sick of it, crawled around in the wet and went to the pit next lap. Game still had me on slicks. And it kept repeating that bug. Reported the bug, devs didn't give a shit. More QA goes into your average Milestone game than it did PCars.

(Why the fuck was Ride not reduced in the steam sale? Fucking Italian Jews)

There's very little reason to buy modern sims when they all still contain GT3s on Burgerkingring and have nothing to stand out.

How is Super Tux Kart? Been on a Kart racing game binge lately.

What are you talking about, who doesn't love racing a digital replica of Laguna Seca for the four hundredth time?

Going by pure hearsay only, It's a bretty gud kart racer that would fit on something like a mid-late era PS2 game

help me Holla Forums
I'm a faggot that only likes 80's hatchbacks
the worst thing about it is that the AE86 isn't the one to blame

there's very little reason to buy "realistic" car games because they're just giant ad campaigns.

tl:dr fuck ad companies.

was it the S12 that did it for you

N13

b-but muh tire model

Agreed though, if you want some game where you can fuck around with shitboxes up to top of the range race cars you pretty much only have FM games.
Even GT became a GT3 around the ring simulator. It's scary.

good kek

Basically that. No more cool crashes or interesting places, it's all the same shit. I remember in TDU2 you couldn't even change the paint of the Ferraris and it really went downhill when you saw things like the Ford GT with Forza 6, or the Honda Fit with Gran Turismo 6.

Kinda looks like a LEGO game now

wtf

wtf indeed

No need to be hard on you're self. There's worse cars you could adore.

You know I can see why they smothered the camera in old Vaseline **Even though it looks way better clean

Whats the news on formula fusion? Is it still garbage? How disappointing.

Also no one gave a shit but AC is getting a 2015 Ferrari F1

You pinko fuck OP, with your tiny plastic deathtraps ruining fucking everything.

you hate comfy don't you

This is why you are laziest general.

Start showing some real cars, for adults, and maybe your threads'll be less dead.

Twingo is a real car for people who don't need compensating

Does train racing count as /ogc/?
RIKE A TANDA

Last time I tried it, their new renderer didn't work right and I have an awful time graphically. It still ran well and it's alright. It's definitely no Mario Kart, but I don't have much experience with kart racers.

All I see are animals posing with those cars, and the only white person a womyn kept on the floor with the earth in her grasp.

This is the best of feels.

I like performing the pit maneuver in pvp

I just want a fully arcade GRID type game. Where you manage your career over different disciplines, with a SEGA Rally discipline, Ridge Racer touge and street racing, PS1 F1 game open wheel etc. and with all the cars and teams made up, and on a fictional earth parallel like strangreal, and with anime waifus.

Is that really too much to ask?

You could stop at a relatively open world Ridge Racer with career management actually being in Strangereal and I'd be down.

That Eurobeat is bad and you should feel bad.

I keep saying an open world racer ala TXR with Ridge Racer would be great And the closest we're ever getting to that is Fast and Furious for the PS2

tbh if someone made such a game they'd sell exactly one copy so probably not worth the effort

>>>Holla Forums - the car

I would buy 10 copies

Hey, there'd be exactly 13 copies sold by the way this thread is going, thank you. And it's soul crushing to know that's more than likely true.

The more I read this post the more I'm liking it. It makes me regret being a chronic procrastinator and half assed programmer.

I would buy one without the anime waifus because anime waifus always means ruining your community with weebs kek

I think I'm going to be sick

But then GT Planet has had an outright mental collapse lately because GT Sport impressions out of E3 were the problems in the London build were still there despite the graphical update and the game just doesn't play well at all.

It's launching same day as Watch Dogs 2 and never appeared on stage at E3 (Despite GT being Sony's biggest selling IP of all time) so I think even Sony believes the game is a wash.

oh how the mighty have fallen

The shift is down to lots of the real tracks having laser scan data available so it frees the art team to focus more on the cars and UI as tracks become a "Replication" and track licensing became a lot better when people stopped chasing "exclusives". So a lot of "Fake tracks" that were based on real circuits weren't needed any more when the real track was now available and cheaper than ever to make thanks to the laser scanning tech.

The easiest example I can think of is Sunset Peninsula in Forza which was based on Daytona and Homestead Miami. Now Forza has both real tracks in. So there's no real need for Sunset Peninsula to exist any more (Which is a shame because it was fun as fuck even if the bottleneck in the middle was always mayhem online).

A good fake track is always great. But the planning you'd have to do is wasted time, sadly. Even street circuits can be laser scanned without interrupting traffic these days.

TFW no new Project Gotham with all this new technology

They shut down Evolution studios for this. That's what fucks me off. Driveclub was average but they could have nailed a new insane Motorstorm with what they learned.

Why did Driveclub fail?
It doesn't seem like an outright bad game and there was some level of support so why?

Bumpin

heres your not-twingo car then

Mix it with some RPG elements from Zero 4 Champ (not the actual RPG hidden game part, but the fact you can go anywhere in town, keep buying cars, parts, gamble, have a story, etc) then you have a winner.

Type 4 teams come back too.

It was initially suppose to be freestyle driving like The Crew but then as the development cycle went on it was found out it was a gran turismo clone that sucked.

It was an arcade racer that was boring as shit and the only thing it had was the graphics and weather effects (Which weren't even there on launch). On top of that, the game launched completely broken with all the online modes it was designed around, refusing to work and barely any single player campaign.

It got a huge cult around it claiming it was a good game even though it was at best, average as fuck with all the add ons and improvements. They bloated it with obscene amounts of DLC and Microtransactions to try make it a "Service" till Sony gave up and shut down Evolution instead of cutting their loses on a bad product and putting them on something new.

It puts a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth because it was a good developer having an off game they should have moved on from and a rabid defense force of Sony fanboys who are still trying to claim it was the greatest thing ever and has the best graphics in a racing game this gen in photo mode or during weather effects (With the insane amount of motion blur the game used) so therefore it's a good game. And neogaf still won't shut the fuck up about it (Pic related. It's a running joke).

It was wasted potential and a not very good game along with a stupid, retarded fanbase still trying to shove it in people's faces months and now years after the fact.

At the very least what Evolution does with Codemasters should be interesting. Dirt Rally looked great and ran on a toaster so it will be interesting to see what a team that can really push the engine can do.

After being absorbed by Codemasters, aren't you told to use their engine?

They lost the Driveclub engine which remains Sony property, but Codemasters has a really good engine themselves. So there's no real worries about it.

Was there a single 8th gen racing game that was actually good?

I guess it will depend on what they end up making. Considering Evolution's lineup, best choice is probably a DiRT Showdown 2 which would be some sort of new Motorstorm game with more boom boom.

rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52636/gta-online-cunning-stunts-coming-july-12th-watch-the-new
They accidentally remade trackmania, including the car tropes of TMUF.

Also expecting these cars to cost 3 million each because Rockstar noticed expensive cars sold a shitload of shark cards I suppose

There are things wrong about AC but
how petty is that? I mean even the top end DX10 GPUs struggle with fucking CSGO

Also you could say The Crew after Wild Run albeit it sort of sits between two gen.
And I've heard a lot of good things about Valentino Rossi The Game.

Was that an Audi Quattro Pikes peak?
Looks like many different prototypes/Group C cars

The reason I mention that is because while you don't get HDR, Bloom or other things with DX10 in game that using DX10 causes gamebreaking bugs with the alpha channels. Having potato graphics is fine, but I still cannot understand how they neglected this while working on DX10 just because they wanted people to use DX11.

DX11 games are supposed to work even on DX9 GPUs as long as the OS supports DX11. It does some feature level trickery that works pretty well.

Alson AC requires DX10.1 so maybe double check your shit ass GPU supports this.
And a GTX 460 is literally 40 bucks used

You wouldn't guess which features are new to DX 10.1

Doesn't seem like it. Tried DX11 and it won't let the GPU boot in, but it'll let the GPU boot in at DX10.1 even though 10.1 is trash.

So basically they changed the way alpha channels are done in 10.1 and instead of fixing what they had in game they just said fuck it?

keyword: supposed

I think the game is DX11 only but one dev launched it on his obsolete 10.1 machine and it worked so he said "green light toni" and they published the sys reqs.

If your GPU doesn't support 10.1 you should be grateful the game even starts

grateful being a big word for being able to run AC tho

post yfw F1 2016 has better starting mechanics than Assetto "simulator or the year all years according to Stefano" Corsa

Never gets old.

I tried rFactor 2 and outside of the pants on head retarded pricing system ($85 for a lifetime license to the game) it felt better than AC outside of the eye candy.

It's like Live for Speed but newer.

Why, user? Why buy a plastic teardrop? Have you no self-esteem? Where is sports car? Where is big muscle machine?

fugg

Yeah, shame there's only 4 people playing it. It was on sale on Steam during the summer sales for about the price of a standard AAA game though.

Apparently the best sale it ever had was $50 for a lifetime license by buying the game off an Aussie which causes shit like pic related.

Yeah I mixed the online sub and the base game. Online sub was ~50€ but you'd still need the base game for ~20€.

What this data doesn't show is how many people are playing online though. The singleplayer mode is probably good enough but 50 currencies for the online mode is a lot.

Do you even get a bit of free online time if you only buy the base game? Could be a good idea for people put off by paying without knowing if it's active or enjoyable

Also a bit OT but Nvidia is giving away codes for the RB Air Race beta so you too can get it and mock SMS

contests.nvidia.com/fr-fr/red-bull-air-race-beta-key-giveaway

Yes, the subscription works in online as it's a timed subscription. Think of it like renting a game from Blockbuster (rip) and being able to play both singleplayer and multiplayer except it's digital, the rental is for a year and costs $35.

So you have either the option of buying the temporary 1 year passes for $35 a year or the lifetime pass for $85.

Like I said, it's fucking stupid as shit. I know AC is about $40 for the base game and $59.99 with the DLC but it doesn't require you to keep paying $35 a year to play it or say to give them $85 to stop the yearly payments.

contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/red-bull-air-race-beta-key-giveaway
For all the niggas who don't speak frog.

Yeah I know that, but I meant if you buy the base game and only the base game, do you get some sort of online trial?

Holy crap thanks man, I've been waiting for this; can't afford a wheel but I've got a flightstick.

The base game on Steam is only a 1 year subscription to the game. When you buy the lifetime edition on Steam you still get the base game except you don't have the yearly fee. If you buy the base edition of rFactor 2, you have the yearly subscription in order to play it.

Like I said, singleplayer and multiplayer are combined. When your subscription is active you can play as much multiplayer you want, however when your subscription is expired not only can you not play multiplayer, you also cannot play singleplayer either.

Red Bull Air Racing

I know it's just a beta but if it doesn't have a much improved demo on release I'm either pirating it or not bothering.

Holy shit it didn't just change the navigation bars; it reset the entire windows theme, goodbye Nagase Reiko wallpaper.

whew

I do wonder how such things come about. Like how do you tie your game to a fucking desktop like that. In case you don't have it on hand maybe this can replace it.

Also Console plebs can now purchase Carmageddon Max Damage for the Boned and Pisspoor. PC has to wait a bit though.

Hopefully with better results. Console versions appear to get shit on by reviewers because they can't git gud at the driving. I checked multiple reviews, and most of them complained about the driving physics as if they had played the older games.

gotta wait for the PRC review for an autistic take on the driving physics

origin.com/en-fr/store/free-games/trials
nuNFS 10 hour trial

Sweet, been wanting to get my hand on that, though I've been weary of it. I can probably polish it off in 10 hours, just like the good old days of renting games.

HLTB says main story takes 15 hours, maybe you can do less if you skip the cutscenes (provided you're allowed to do that)

So what's the newest good ridge racer game? I'm currently playing through the first PSP one on emulators.

abacab genesis beemer get for /ogc/ and /genesis/

I wonder if there's a way to trick origon into giving me more hours And when the fuck is it gonna get cracked.

Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3 Which is 10 years old AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Though the 3DS one might be alright, wouldn't know Better reviews then the VIta game.. Though I think there's more likely to be a good 3ds emulator then a PS3 emulator

And just skip the first Ridge Racer on PSP 2 has everything and more.

Are the PSP Ridge Racers worth it if you've played the other games in the series? I heard it was just a bunch of tracks from previous games but with new cars.

Yes, think of it's like the "Greatest Hits" of the Ridge Racer, Revolution, Rage, and Rave, with remixed music and updated graphics for stuff from the PS1 era And the only instance of Race Racer stuff making it to consoles. The physics are different more in line with 6 & 7 but still retaining more feel from the older stuff and the nitrous system in a prototype stage There's only the option of using a nos at a time.

Doubtful, like with Steam playtime is probably synchronized on the servers.

Something might be done with the local save file, assuming it exists and it's not all cloud save and no local save. Create a new Origin account and try to import your old save file.

Bad reception + hard to crack DRM = no crack, ever. Plus I think we'd need a complete offline server and these things take time to reverse engineer.

but that sounds fucking sick to whip around corners

I think it's less that Denovu is involved, more the always on bullshit that's keeping it from getting cracked. I bet the moment they release an offline mode it will get cracked. But honest the trial has put me off.

Some Nitpicks

>Restarting a race seems more like a mod that quits the current race and places you back at the event trigger That you need to trigger again

>Everyone is annoying Dude-bro Though Amy probably stands as one of the few Racing Game Waifus

But the real stuff that keeps me from wanting to drop 80 fucking dollars on it is
>The Always online means you're constantly paired with assholes I have two people head-on me during a race, though I'm only sure one was intentional and haven't even finished my 10 hour trial

They feel like a better version of Most Wanted '12 but it's still horrible. There's is pervasive sense of no control over you're car, it just kinda does what it wants with suggestions. It feels like a bad Ridge Racer game when you get into drifting, and Understeer Simulator when you go for grip. It's horrible all around.

So in all it's exactly what I though it'd be. Good Customization but shit physics. An Auto Modellista for the lattest Gen.

Also this Threads going Down!

Goyim, please add UltraMedicated on uplay shitty name i know if you play the crew

game doesn't run bad but doesn't run well either, it's weird that most games are either ocmplete shit or godlike but no the crew is right inbetween

My bet is on the server bit, no matter which DRM is used AFAIK there's no offline mode so a reverse engineered server is mandatory.

Also played a few hours and I do agree on most of these points.
Though I found the UI to be quite pleasant. You cite the vinyl editor as a shit bit of UI but I found it quite nice. No worse than old NFS vinyl editors, on par with the 2D editor found in like Black Ops 3. A few confusing bits, and the menu where you select which of the 150 rims by slowly scrolling through a list ordered by price, not brand, is a huge piece of shit.

It's not as much a timezone as the fact that each borough lives in a different space time continuum. Very annoying IMO, some parts of the town are only visible in rainy night while some others are only visible in slightly sunny post rain dawn for example.

You know it's funny because I got a head on during a race, but it was a bot not another player. Even if there was an offline mode you'd still have to deal with the roaming AI (like in NFSU2 for example). I did however try a race I was invited into and it was a mess. This game does the The Crew thing of badly mixing SP and MP so you never really know if you're racing your pals or if you should get together to beat the AI.

Got used to the physics after a few hours, I tried to remove the drifting aid but it just makes everything worse. As long as you drive smoothly it's okay. I'm half tempted to see if using a wheel removes the dampening, but I probably won't play more than 10 minutes without a dash or bonnet cam. Wheels in 3rd person are just ehhhh.

But the performance is just bad. The game is pretty, I'll give it that, but it runs pretty meh.

Overall a lot better than I thought it'd be. Certainly enjoyable. Definitely not worth the 60+ european fun bucks EA is asking for. On my 30 currency tops list.

Oh yeah also that starter Civic is broken in so many ways
so, a car bought off craigslist then

ok made a new thread