SCP, the game and the site

Got a few questions for Holla Forums. One of the question doesn't particularly pertain to vidya and the other does. Since there weren't any boards dedicated to fiction writing figure I post it here.

Woad does Holla Forums think of the game Containment Breach? Honestly curious.Tried to play the game myself but too shit scared to do it.

Also for SCP Foundation site itself; if it matters what do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-2360
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Site went to shit when the articles became literal self inserts. Like they just gave a description of themselves and added superpowers.

That? I don't think I heard that. I mean, the articles today are absolutely shit because the site admins set these ridiculously high standards that actually aren't necessary to have and needlessly strict. They also aren't new user friendly too and many of em come off as dicks.

This speaks from experience. Though I could be wrong.

SCP went full sjw a long time ago user.

i recall some user telling the newer SCPs (anything beyonf the first 1000 or so) were kinda tumbl tier

Yes and no. I was a moderator for the site for a year or so, and while you are correct that the content of the site went downhill, the people of the site generally frown upon self-inserts and do what they can to avoid it (even going so far as to only use characters like Bright or Clef in over-the-top stories that are clearly near-parody). Unfortunately, the site does fall prey to nepotism and circlejerking, authors who are popular can get away with a lot more than newbie authors, and it shows. Goofy shit can work in an article if there's some grounding in logic, but too many articles go too far into pure absurdity. It was mostly an attempt to get away from the grimdark edge that newbies were bringing in because of Containment Breach, but I think they went too far.

Also administration for the site was a fucking NIGHTMARE. You either had lazy gits who thought the site was still running on 2008 /x/ rules, or you had SJWs, only a couple of the admins were cool people.

Fuck where was I when this happened?

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Recently got into an argument with a lot of them because they were shilling TFA so hard. Saying it was better than the original star wars trilogy.

They seem to shit on Containment Breach the last time I remembered. Though I've knew about the site beforehand, I just felt like containment breach knew what made the first SCPs great in the first place.

A lot of SCPs in Series 2 had a bunch of shit in em. Some good shit in the rough but a lot still shit.

Series 3? It's even shittier. Like god almighty it's like they don't even remember what made it all great in the first place.

Yeah there were some pretty decent admins there. I knew some of them actually left because of how the admins and moderators were acting up. They even completely destroyed this one idea this admin had to shard the site for community purposes.

Aw, what? When was this and what was the plan?

The plan was to shard the site for community benefit. Basically, the canons that we have now, the idea was an evolution of that. But more ambitious, grander than before. Contributors would adhere to the canon with different writing styles based on that particular canon. While it kept the core series intact, it offers more creative freedom when it came to writing, mainly articles. Though I could be wrong about that 2nd to last part but it would had benefited them considering the influx of users they got in the 2014 era of Containment Breach. That and SCP 087 where the Foundation really drew in the crowd.

tl;dr version: There was this plan to make the site better and the community better. It was fucked over because the dick-cheeses shit all over the idea.

Wait a minute, that sounds like an Aelanna idea. Did someone else expand on her original draft?

Nah, I was talking with her a week ago because I was curious exactly what happened to the site and why she left in the first place.

Canon hub's been the same ever since; minuscule and irrelevant, much like the rest of the site and community.
A damn shame because her idea could had really helped the site.

I usually kept forgetting her name but it was Aelanna.

The game is alright. I'd like to see a game that goes more in depth with it all. There's a lot of really great stuff with SCP if you filter out the crap.
As for the site itself, I used to really like it. I would sit for hours reading these things because they were so fascinating but as I went down the list interesting things became fewer and further between. I didn't even touch series 3

Oh man up, you giant pussy. 173 will jumpscare you a few times but you get used to it.

Also, if you get to the plague doctor's section and the game crashes when you go to leave via the elevator, just start a new game.

I haven't kept up with it lately, but I was pretty fascinated with it for a while. Shame it's just creepypastas, though.

Not OP, but it's SCP-096, SCP-106, SCP-087 and SCP-895 that scare me too much to play it…173's pretty tame by comparison.

So what were your ideas for a SCP article? Come on, spit it out, we all had one.
I thought of a basement in an abandoned Japanese apartment complex which turns all inanimate objects, including clothes, food, and monitoring equipment, into moe personifications of itself. Each moe would also inherit the properties of the object, with hilarious results. The microphone and camera in the room would have a name and their own personality, but still function like they would normally. Researchers would be sent in to try out stuff like firing weapons, eating food, reading books, and so on. One particular incident would end up with a researcher ending up arguing with the personification of his pistol and ammo until the two got so mad that the pistol ended up shooting the ammo at the researcher. This would prompt a memo from higher levels to treat the chibis like real human beings and with respect.

A reality bender who is in a state of perpetual sleep having night terrors and nightmares constantly. The idea would be that some SCPs are manifestations of this one's ultimate fears. What's nothing more than an illusion to him is reality to us.

Every single entry on the entire damn site is Σario tier.

scp-wiki.net/scp-2360
enjoy

That's a pretty fucking great idea.

i feel like this was a game plot
i think it was TES lore or something

The SCP series requires a serious case of quality control.
Lot's of the SCPs are very interesting to read, and I am sure there are some hidden gems out there.
But there is also a vast, ever growing, pile of shit in comparison.

So the plot of this game

Huh. Never heard of it before. Gotta admit love the art style.

Ever since the site staff had to fight the autistic donut steel conglomerate and ended up becoming what they had fought to destroy, it's been steadily going to shit.

there were some Koreans making a "SCP-like" game, but i think their KS failed

Lobotomy Corp i think it was called

That's fucking retarded, so you're right in line with current SCP standards.

I wrote one when the SCP thing was just starting. Nothing too ambitious, just something to fit a creepy picture I saw on 7/x/. I think it was SCP 75.

I've written a couple of successful articles, my first success was about paper that took on the properties of whatever item they were folded into. So, like, if you folded it into a paper airplane, it would fly around on its own.

Reminder that this is the current admin of the SCP site.

There's multiple admins for the site, but yeah, that's thedeadlymoose, and he's about as SJW as they come. Just off the top of my head, he identifies as genderfluid and very openly condemned GamerGate when it was starting (he wanted to make a front page announcement stating that the SCP wiki as a whole was against GamerGate, but he got shut down by everyone else because he doesn't speak for the site as a whole, and it's not the place of a creative writing website to take a stance like that anyway).

Thedeadlymoose was about as worse as they come. Guy was as self-righteous asshole.

A beer keg that turned any liquid substance inserted into it into the brand of beer that is supposed to be in the keg.

Shit, I know.

I remember last time we had an SCP thread.
That was fun.

I had an idea of a a phenomena located in a certain area that would warp the terrain leaving lots of hazards, think creating massive slopes, cave networks, rock spikes, ravines and so on. Also any sort of manmade items be it drones, climbing gear or plain clothes would become imbued with the ability of parmemently spreading this effect anywhere it was brought, and designated with SCP-XXXX-1 to X. Earlier Foundation expedition would then be described as having contributed greatly to the spread of the area. Oh, and, another thing? Those caves, they would be massive, with some things implying surface warping is mostly caused by the formation of these caves.

Sorry forgot to elaborate, they complained about imageboard communities being riled up by previous site contributors who complain how shit site has become.

I have been toying with the idea of starting a canon on the canon hub called "SCP Chan" that's goal is to "recapture the old /x/ spirit" and is basically meant to be a fuck you to whoever whitewashed/toned down many of the offensive SCPs and whoever started that retarded new version of Pandoras Box by linking to older/altered versions of many of the SCPs as well as having a list of SCPs that are considered noncanon pretty much a list of most of them.
but it seems like a lot of work and I don't really want to deal with the bullshit that would come with it because there are a few things that i think capture the old spirit but others might not.
Iv also thought about making a /scp/ board here but again its a lot of work for something im just not that invested in.

there are some good ones beyond 1000 that IMO capture the spirit what SCP used to be like.
The Little Misters come to mind.

Game is pretty good, although very difficult to figure out without a guide.

Every now and then clicking the random button you come across something really good above 1000, but there are very vew of those, and for the most part they retread formulas proven to scare the shit out of you used in previous SCPs. There is a fine line between "adding a little spin" to an idea and make it fresh, and burying it under a pile of baroque containment procedures and logs.

I might be a little partial to non-euclidean spaces and extradimensional selfrearranging corridor shenanigans, but there are two SCPs I really liked above 1000, namely 1165 and 1983.

How about we make a new wiki called Chaos Insurgency based on the GOI in SCP called the same thing. In canon, they split up from the SCP foundation, in spirit we are doing the same.

That way, they can't fuck with us.

There actually have been several attempts to make a Chaos Insurgency wiki. They usually fail because the people who run them are assblasted turbofaggots who made their own wiki because they were rejected from the SCP wiki.

/x/ pls go

How is this /x/ though? really SCP is now flash fiction and shit. (Very bad ones now and days but still)

Too many social justice faggots
a while ago they deleted a bunch of "problematic" articles.
they also have high standards that half the articles don't even meet and it's not like you need originality.
basically a narcissistic version of an edgy superhero site now.

I tried to make /scp/ and it didn't work. Got dogpiled by the massive faggot in and his cronies when I linked it on one of the chats, and basically told to never mention it again or get banned.

Had no luck getting any traffic.

If anyone knows of tumblr-tier ones, please link to archive so I can have a laugh.

Cthulhu's Pythagorean Cup

It's a regular cup, but if you pour too much wine in like a greedy fuck, "Cthulhu" appears and grants you a wish, but it's like the traditional genie where the wish always fucks you up, and to everyone else you've disappeared somewhere, like in a alternate dimension where your wish comes true until you die there, however before you die you are reminded that you are in a artificial dimension and right now you are the most isolated human in existence, and that everything that seems living isn't real, and that when you die your soul will belong to Cthulhu. The Foundation knows this because after the subject dies, it comes back exactly a second later the wish was granted.
I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I thought of this.

"Whale"

Basically a intelligence benevolent sea god whale thing. It can send things to an unknown place through it's mouth-portal (considering it doesn't actually need to eat, because it's a god.) and tends to get pissed off around subjects who have hurt (like serious assault, rape, murder, etc.) children. The people it does get pissed off at tend to show up in random populated areas days later burning alive and their limbs mangled. The ones that the "Whale" deem "worthy" show up exactly a month later in the same spot, but they're in perfectly peak health condition (one of the experiments would've had a convict who lost a limb come back with said limb back, and excess fat is removed, and subjects always manage to have a six pack. And eventually when it gets old enough, it'd point out that the subjects have increased lifespans compared to other humans. (Differences of up to fifty years.)) and with no memory of the place they went to. (though the people who burn seem to always shout something about a hot, fiery place with loads of people who don't like them. They don't do that for very long though.)

Basically would've implied the existence of a heaven/hell and the existence of Japanese gods. Those who went to heaven would enjoy a fantasy that would be a literal eternity for them before they returned, and vice versa with the damned.

The Twelve Sided Cube

Toy cube. There is a button on it. Press it and it introduces the subject to the fourth dimension, the hard way. Can end up having two of the same people in one body, and in the experiments only one person would have survived (although he was introduced to the all famous brain-in-a-jar).
However if you hold it down you gain temporary temporal superpowers. This includes time stop, time rewind, time fastfoward, etc etc, you just can't be seen and you aren't physically there, so all "physical" limitations are placed on your own mind. Think of it as a time-stopping noclip mode.
Spend enough time in there, and when you release, you might find yourself overloaded with temporal bullshit from time travel, but still overall alive.
(It's also implied that you also have an increased lifespan and if you were to ever be near a singularity, you'd show a "resistance" to the time dilation.)
(And it's implied again that if you press the cube's button instead of holding it, you won't actually die. And that holding the button probably won't have any negative side-effects anymore.)
Tends to make people crazy and makes the locker-room that much more harder to change in with it around.
Also anyone who tries to go too far back in time or too far forward will see some crazy shit. (like maybe even the actual Creator?)