All urls found in this thread:

knowledgenuts.com/2014/06/09/the-only-black-samurai-in-feudal-japan/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

Jayden Davis
Jayden Davis

But it was awful

Nathan Bailey
Nathan Bailey

Wasn't that some bootleg Samurai Champloo?

Jacob Scott
Jacob Scott

/out/index.html

Ryan Martinez
Ryan Martinez

Not really the Afro Samurai barely spoke the ninja was the one who always talked. Maybe the settings are similar? Afro Samurai had this Western punk Feudal Japan thing going for it

Dominic Brown
Dominic Brown

Ninja ruined it for me what was the point of him? So the Black audience doesn’t get bored since Afro barely talked?

Thomas Gomez
Thomas Gomez

The Ninja was like Afros inner thoughts or something

Wyatt Rogers
Wyatt Rogers

My only complaint with it was how they spaced out the flash backs especially during the Jinno fight. Because I didnt even know the fucking ninja bitch was the little girl in his past until they showed you what happen

Noah Kelly
Noah Kelly

Also the anime isn't too far away historical fact, Yasuke is considered the first and only black samurai in feudal Japan, he served a warlord. He was an ex-slave who was obtained from his owner and transfered to Japan.

knowledgenuts.com/2014/06/09/the-only-black-samurai-in-feudal-japan/

Grayson Ortiz
Grayson Ortiz

WE

Cooper Anderson
Cooper Anderson

Did you not read the link I sent you? The anime is probably based off the only African to serve as a Samurai.

There is no WE Wuz Kangz scenario, this is an actual historical fact. Of course the majority of Samurai were Japanese, it originated in Japan.

Also, nice downvoting.

Kevin Hernandez
Kevin Hernandez

/a/index.html

Ian White
Ian White

/v/ tier shitposters my favorite

Nathaniel Hill
Nathaniel Hill

I actually made this thread last night on /a/ but it was deleted

Jeremiah Morgan
Jeremiah Morgan

–actually wuz samurai?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

Jonathan Wright
Jonathan Wright

Man,somebody has to make a film of the Chevalier St. George, the Black Mozart. I would watch the FUCK out of that. It'd be like Amadeus meets the Three Musketeers meets Django.
He was friends with Alexandre Dumas, fought the Chevalier d'Éon (the trap who inspired the anime, and The Rose of Versailles), and had a hit on him by the secret police, who he fought off with a friend.

Asher Richardson
Asher Richardson

Sounds interesting, I didn't know those guys existed.

Also fun fact, Yasuke appears in the Nioh videogame.

Grayson Barnes
Grayson Barnes

People demand boring stereotypes to be placed in shows for "representation"
We could instead have shows about dope ass mother fuckers like this

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

kys

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

no

Carter Morgan
Carter Morgan

Yes

Justin Reed
Justin Reed

just cause of this thread, i rewatched resurrection.
oh yeah, i love them bouncing tiddies

Ayden Green
Ayden Green

Corporate executive: You know what's hot right now? Anime, kids love that shit. And you know what else is hot right now? Sam Jackson. So what if we found a way to combine the two? Oh and to make sure people know that this show is aimed at adults, we're gonna have tons of over the top gore and Sam Jackson is gonna say mother fucker a lot.

Corporate Executive #2: Can we also make a shitty tie in game for the PS3 and 360?

Corporate Executive: Well of course! This is gonna be the next big franchise! Trust me, people are gonna be talking about this shit for years to come!

James Thompson
James Thompson

But user. Samuel L Jackson was the produced of Afro Samurai and it was already a manga before the movie was done.

Also, this is an anime, so talk about it on /a/ you faggots.

Aiden Lee
Aiden Lee

Stay salty faggot, it's a good anime.

Jordan King
Jordan King

Well we are talking about it years later

Anthony Thomas
Anthony Thomas

I like the idea of having samurai fights set to hip hop.

Brandon Gray
Brandon Gray

watch samurai champloo

Carson Ward
Carson Ward

I watched 20 episodes of samurai champloo.

Eli Kelly
Eli Kelly

I Remember NeoFags were griping how Yasuke wasn't the main character but the japanese developers didn't wanna fucking ruin the history by abridging it so they basically put him as the sub final boss who was a bitch to beat.

I see it as a little fuck you to those who were screaming "WHERES THE BLACK SAMURAI"

Cameron Morgan
Cameron Morgan

And?

Jonathan Long
Jonathan Long

What?

John Powell
John Powell

WUZ

Cooper Mitchell
Cooper Mitchell

>Thinking you can stop Afro Samurai

You're cute.

Isaac Nguyen
Isaac Nguyen

KANGZ

Asher Flores
Asher Flores

kangz

Ryder Evans
Ryder Evans

It's autistic, leave it alone.

Ryder Lopez
Ryder Lopez

Nice spam faggot.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit