Capeshit

James Rodriguez
James Rodriguez

THIS is why people crap on capeshit.
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Teutonic_Knight
Franz Gerhardt was a man who, before the outbreak of World War II, truly believed in the tenets of the Teutonic Knights, a medieval order from Germany's past. As such, he was sure that Germany would eventually rise to quash the infidels around it and eventually conquer the world. Of course, when the Nazis took power in Germany, this caused quite a problem for Franz. Nazi Germany was a primarily atheistic affair, and as such, diametrically opposed to Franz's beliefs. This caused a severe schism in his mind, which ultimately caused him to go quite mad, and allowed him to essentially have it both ways; he could continue to fanatically pursue the long-dead agenda of the Teutonic Knights, and could still help the Nazis gain even more power.
This caused a severe schism in his mind, which ultimately caused him to go quite mad, and allowed him to essentially have it both ways; he could continue to fanatically pursue the long-dead agenda of the Teutonic Knights, and could still help the Nazis gain even more power.
I don't care about depictions of Nazis being evil in media (and can enjoy it if done right), but this backstory makes ZERO sense, and angers me because of its extreme laziness. Is he nuMarvel? Old? Why the hell does he have a swastika on his armor, instead of at least an Iron Cross? I get that he's joined the Nazis, but that doesn't mean he has to remove the cross that I'm assuming he had on his armor (if he didn't, I'm going to get even angrier), since after all, according to this he's still from the Order. Why does he want the Nazis to gain power? It said he was opposed to them. Is this just poorly worded? Explain, Marvelfags.

All urls found in this thread:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes

Asher Williams
Asher Williams

the Third Reich
atheistic
literal WW2 propaganda

Carson Rivera
Carson Rivera

this backstory makes ZERO sense
Now that's something unheard of!

Oliver Thompson
Oliver Thompson

I've heard conflicting things about the nazis that they were either Christian or the high command was pagan.

Matthew Roberts
Matthew Roberts

So that guy gets mutated by brick DNA

Gabriel White
Gabriel White

Sounds more like he would have been more on board with Operation Valkyrie than to be a listening and believing Nazi.

Grayson Thomas
Grayson Thomas

Points to one ridiculous character as an example for why an entire genre is shit
Look man, there are good stories and bad stories in any medium. Would you use some awful Stephen King novels to say that horror books in their entirety are shit?
Does Bubsy 3D make you shout "This is why no one likes 3D platformers!"? Did stepping on a lego put you off building sets entirely as a kid?

Nicholas Anderson
Nicholas Anderson

being against swastikas

That's racist against Hindus.

It's even the right way around.

Benjamin Lewis
Benjamin Lewis

Can we turn this into the 'Find weird old cape characters and post them' thread?

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes

Anthony Moore
Anthony Moore

what the fuck, was that some sort of scientist-mason because that bastard hasa lab coat. Why did that happen, secret experimental mortar?

William Parker
William Parker

If it's Spiderman's day off why would he go to a Mets game as Spiderman?

Sebastian Harris
Sebastian Harris

Because it's SPIDERMANS day off not Peters, JJJ is probably expecting a photo op there.

Nathan Martinez
Nathan Martinez

I think this picture explains itself

Robert Gutierrez
Robert Gutierrez

Brick Bat
That weird figure of the night, the Brick Bat, is a robber dressed as a bat who kills people by throwing "brick-like death dealing objects." When thrown they break up into poison gas that leaves no trace. He commissioned them from a scientist and then killed him so that no one else could get their hands on the formula.

Kayden Wilson
Kayden Wilson

Is this where Brick Frog in Venture Bros. Comes from?

Luke Perez
Luke Perez

Is this a grimdark Krazy Kat reboot?

Jonathan Thomas
Jonathan Thomas

Black Condor.
He was raised by condors, and learned to fly by imitation.
No, I'm fucking serious.

Andrew Kelly
Andrew Kelly

This is comedy, is it not? A one-off joke comic, r-rite?

Jose Hernandez
Jose Hernandez

It was a combination. Some were Western Esotrics, some were Odinists, and some were Christians.

.t /pol/

Bentley Murphy
Bentley Murphy

This sounds like a fun comic. Which issue?

Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

Wait, Stardust is in the public domain?

Jayden Scott
Jayden Scott

THIS is why people crap on capeshit.

Because it's rehashed childish stories for sad, fat, ugly, smelly neckbeard manchildren who refues to grow up or develop a good taste?

Owen Gutierrez
Owen Gutierrez

Being a member of the Thuul Society, Hitler had some interest in artifacts if foreign religions. To what degree he was obsessed with the occult is something only those close to him could say

Angel Fisher
Angel Fisher

That can be asked of much of the silver and bronze ages

Tyler Reed
Tyler Reed

the creator is dead
the publishing company is dead
yes, it's in the public domain

Aiden Sanders
Aiden Sanders

If only it were so simple

Easton Richardson
Easton Richardson

There's the dog welder.

Leo Clark
Leo Clark

Pretty sure people shit on capeshit because it's the lowest possible denominator of writing.

Asher Williams
Asher Williams

In the case of Stardust I think nobody owns the copyright. That's not always true in cases where the writer and publisher are gone, but if it is, you're often safe.

Nolan Thompson
Nolan Thompson

There are WORSE origins…
Black Bomber!

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

That's unfair to use. He was literally created on a bet to make the worst superhero.

Angel Anderson
Angel Anderson

As ridiculous dated as Captain Nippon is, it actually wouldn't be too hard to update him. He's already a man-made monster instead of a human. Just elaborate his backstory to something like "the Bureau of Onmyo (who were never disbanned like the real world because magic is 100% real thing in comics land) created him by fusing an oni and kyonshi"

Marvel wiki says it's a alt-universe and the character only appeared once.

Logan Nguyen
Logan Nguyen

Medievalists
I always knew that term sounded Jewy.
brute power
terror
Tools. Can be used effectively.
hate
I don't think I need to explain why this is neither desirable nor undesirable. This is trash.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit