1. Why couldn't they have named this thing literally anything other than DOOM?

1. Why couldn't they have named this thing literally anything other than DOOM?

2. Do the people marketing this genuinely believe it is DESERVING of the name DOOM?

3. Is everyone just going to completely and utterly forget it after a little less than two years just like DOOM3?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/stats/
youtu.be/btNpsn_kU7E?t=1h7m46s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've heard people say it's a good game.

Is Doom 3 any better?

Some franchises seem to get embarrassed about having too many sequels.

The marketers don't care. They're just doing what they're told

People already forgot about Call of Wolfenstein didn't they?

brand names sell

I consider that optimistic, with id Tech 4 being gpl'ed it lives on to this day. Ever since Carmack left id that stopped.

1. to trigger Holla Forums
2. well, id lets them
3. nah, other AAA fps games these days play worse. If not doom fans, fans of Halo 1 will flock to this game.

I enjoyed Doom 3, but it was more of a horror FPS than full blown action game. This one is actually closer to original doom even though it plays like halo. I'd rather play this than another serious sam clone though.

Except nobody did ? It sucks to have your franchise fucked up by Bethesda but which world do you doom purists live in ? You're really making yourselves hard to sympathize with.

Reminder

Since when the fuck have there been serious sam clones?

painkiller fam

What the actual fuck am I reading?

Quake clone then.

because this is the last time they get to make money off their property name "DOOM" you nitwit, that's the entire point.

Doom 3 was a clunky piece of shit and Doom 4 does not play like Halo.

Doom 3 wasn't clunky, but the level design was certainly a bit restricted.

It plays closer to halo than doom.

painkiller is like its own thing. i like to kill it "kill boxes" since most of the time you fight monsters in a room after room while in quake you just go to the exit and you're done while serious sam you do fight in monsters but its usually in big open areas while the first couple of maps gives you "kill boxes" like arenas

I dunno, feels like quake meets the linearity of serious sam's levels to me.

how so?

Skip to minute 5-6 or so, tell me how that doesn't remind you of Halo 1.

Nope can't see any similarities

It's more like a first person Smash TV.

Doom 3 is better than Doom 1/2 in literally every way, deal with it.

I was playing the shareware versions back when I was 7 and even then I knew they were shit.

Also Quake 2 is the only Quake that isn't bottom-tier

premium bait brother

Uh no, the gunplay is infinitely better, but I miss Doom 1's level design. Fuck Doom 2.

Because the name "DOOM" sells.

Do you genuinely think they give one quarter of a shit?

Probably, it doesn't matter, they will have made their money by then.

ayy lmao

The only good thing that ever came out of Doom was Doom 3 and some of the survival horror .wads.

i don't need to remind you how far up valve's ass bethesda is

I'm saying that Doom 3 has better gunplay than doom 1 and 2, but Doom 1's levels are bigger and brighter so I still prefer it to Doom 3's.

I bought it.

It's fun.

Oh, I was just baiting, got it right away.

But yeah, you're right, Doom 1 had great level design although I still prefer Heretic in that department.

You're going to like this, though:
store.steampowered.com/stats/

it's very brave of you to not hide your rare genetic disorder that puts tastebuds in your asshole

That's not really surprising considering it's Friday morning.

You mean pics related id, user? Cool blatant bullshit.

13/5/2016

Oh, man, I hadn't even noticed the peaks, either.
>at the highest point for each, there were more people playing Counter-Strike 1.6 than there were playing Zenimax Doom

IT'S A MASTERPIECE

Well. It's people like this that are buying the game…

feels real good

I clicked on the video because i thought it's a joke playthrough.
holy fuck it's actually Polygon, webm comedy gold

i only got to level 5 and the weirdest thing about this game is that while movement speed is faster than doom 3, the weapons are about the same (pretty weak). at least in doom 3 they sounded more powerful.

the shotguns have like, no range. it's sad.

Is that being played with a trackball?

They wouldn't listen

we know that Doom Dev's were forum surfing for marketing, and we told them exactly what we didn't want.

M8, this would be the first 10 minutes if they didn't stop moving every 3 and a half seconds to scratch their ass.

They did this one. Didn't you see the Skyrim meme?

It gets worse from here on out.

Do they just go find a hobo to play video games for them?

Woah, woah, Zenimax Doom not being an insulting, pretentious piece of shit made by soulless suits as a cheap cash in on a nostalgia that they don't understand and that their target audience would only like to pretend to know would be great and all, but
user, their having made a good game worth buying would just mean their getting more funding to bad with. I sure as fuck would not take seeing a decent game from Zenimax over not having another studio like Arkane or Headfirst lost to them.

*more funding to do bad with.

Fug. Bit of a run-on there overall, too, but~

trackballs are very precise, this person appears to be operating the controller with their vagina.

youtu.be/btNpsn_kU7E?t=1h7m46s
wow… so this… is the power… of the Glory Kill™

The game has been out for five hours. But I've seen these same exact threads at least 50 times since E3.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical as fuck towards Zennimax and Id, but unless you've been playing it your opinion is just jerking yourself into the same indignant rage that's been going on for a year.

I'm interested more in the campaign. Definitely not interested in more uninformed bitching.

Gamer cred

Cool excuses, user, let me know when you get to "but they'll patch it!!" there.

That's just how most huge companies work. Many disconnections and the employees don't even share the company's vision and mission. The information flow is retarded. Everyone only takes care of their job desk and stops carrying about the actual situation of the company.

The only huge organizations that work well are mostly owned by jews and have gone through multiple successful enterprise architecture re-engineering, like google and facebook.

I haven't played it. It could very well suck horribly. More likely than not it's just OK at best.

Have you played it? Is it horrible? Let me know.

Looks like the game plays very nice tbh, I don't get all the hate. Looks like Doom 3. The only valid criticism is it's nothing like the original doom.

And I don't get the hate on the score. Original doom fans seem to bash the score just because it's industrial instead of metal. Isn't industrial music the thing these days? I honestly prefer industrial to metal, even though both sucks black cock imo. I'm more of a prog and baroque guy.

Do the developers who worked on this game even play videogames themselves?

Oh, hush, user, cut them some slack, it's just released.

Do the perk runes break the game? I am still downloading

It's time to let go and move on.

So it begins

yeah whatever floats your boatie fam

Even if the game was actually good, you wouldn't be allowed to say so on Holla Forums because of the bad things Zenimax/Bethesda have done.

So much poorfag hate. Kek la kek I feel bad for poorfags who can't pay for shit because they are neets.

yee user ignorance is strength obvs don't you know that's how it works in an information space :^)

Bethesda has done more right than wrong.

You only get one strike around here.

This is a capitalist society fam. Everyone is a jew. Everyone has to act like jews or else they die.

2 things on the steam forums

people trying to shill this mess

performance related problems

Oy Vey

Hopefully the ratings go down just like the Beta.

1. Overwriting history so plebs can't discern between DOOM and DUUM

2. To them it's just another job. They have no integrity. They're marketers. The only thing they believe in is that what they're selling is something that has to be sold.

3. Most likely. They don't see any value in the franchise other than warping it into a clone FPS with no discernable and unique quality traits. If they can sell used gum and manage to make more than they expected, they will release a new flavor of it under the same brand in no time.

Oh lord.

What's wrong with Garry's Mod?

93% POSITIVE REVIEWS VEY/VEY ITS OKAY

Purge the old reputation, so that when someone searchs for doom they get this instead of the original.
Not by one bit, if they did it would be called Doom 4 and it wouldn't be a reboot.
Yes.

It would probably be tedious to find but I would be curious how many people who enjoy this new Doom have played the original games, the tagline they made for this is that:

why does this game look like a disgusting generic Unreal Engine game?

it looks fucking gross and generic.
Why are all modern shooters afraid to have any colors that aren't the fucking brown/red GRITTY™ color scheme.

Not a safe investment
If a company does do that, and the game fails to make the absurd profit margins the shareholders want, then they'll gut the board

Eheheheheheheheh.

This is an official trailer, and not an april fools joke

What I've seen thus far

Doesn't look that bad except for the focus on glory kills tbh

The reviews are so blatantly paid shills, jesus fuck.

Holy shit, its unreal

tbh, when was the last game where weapons actually felt powerful? Everything with guns has turned them into peashooters

It's it me, or is CoD getting more ridiculous all the time?

CHRIST

Underhell

And Fallout 4, actually.

Speaking of which

Doesn't look that bad means 10/10 GOAT now?

But it does

This one really bothers me. A multi-million dollar AAA title and yet they fuck up something so incredibly basic. They also seem to throw enemies that get killed in a single shot at you only one at a time, which is retarded.

Another thing I noticed is that although you can hold all guns at once, many of weapons seem to be completely redundant. The whole point of that system was that each weapon had a very specialized situational purpose.

I don't understand how they mess this kind of shit up when the DOOM mapping community has had this shit figured out for decades now. Why the hell didn't they just hire the best DOOM mappers and team them up with professional programmers, artists, sound designers, etc?

Why? I only watched like a min of that video, but it doesn't look as slow as people were saying it was going to be.

Not a shill, just want people to explain why its shit instead of just reposting ebin meme pictures of kikes

You think the suits gives a shit if their product is deserving the name of a well-known franchise?
All they see is a popular name, who gives a fuck if it is the same quality as this old ass video game? What kind of dumbass still care about them? Does it have potiental to make loads of money? Yes? THEN START THE HYPE CAMPAIGN BRO

Because you'd have to have a modicum of competence, cleverness and vague awareness of what you're doing for that, and what fucking place would any of those have in a development studio?

Do you really expect competency in this day and era?

Its shit and its not Doom

(Most of) the guns do feel satisfying in F4, but that's due to the Left 4 Dead-style enemy reactions to being shot. It's one of the only positives the game has.

You wanted colors, so you got colors. This is what happens when you take away the brown and yellow.

Leave it to Holla Forums to do this

So when do you think we'll see a cracked torrent?

Is bunnyhopping in?

Does the enemy spawn rate change with difficultly?

Oh, yeah, weapon handling overall is sorta unfucked in Fallout 4, but then it's just fucked right back up by how horribly stilted all the combat it's part of is - you've still got input lag, AI that can't navigate the scenery, bullet sponginess like in nowhere else, what have you. I actually just misread his post and thought he meant only on the sound design - it's the current year and the number of games with firearm reports varying by distance, etc, like in Fallout 4 could still probably be counted on just one hand. Underhell still a best, though

Also this

True, the guns themselves still feel and sound underpowered and the bulletsponge enemies dont help one bit

Are you triggered that most people are trashing your shit game Todd?

Dude the game is trash, so why do you guys talk about it?

Games that are actually good are being ignored like Rouge System and Starsector and you guys shit up the catalog with mainstreeam nonsense despite hating it

No, you cant even strafe jump without modifying the files

Ahahahahahahhahahahah
Youll get increased enemy health and damage and youll like it

He could make it big as a rectal sommelier.

Because discussion is bad if it's not muh feels. Thanks, Pete.

And the trend in the catalog continues. Either you guys are secretly TSUN TSUN for AAA shit games, or you just want to shitpost. One or the other.

We moved from halfchan to get away from this shit

No one's stopping you from making those threads, user

I make them every day and they are still ignored.

Make an Ice-Pick Lodge thread o3o

Fuckoff

I made the E3 and the EDF thread, fuckoff kike

So wheres the piracy version? I want to give it a try to see for my self what it feels like but im not given them a damn cent.

Denuvo

Plays nothing like Halo, you buzzwording retard.

you realize how foolish and silly you sound right?

Why are they so afraid of people pirating this? FO4 is an equally large title from Bethesda and they didn't put that DRM on it.

Worked with SJWs and every other game, right?

or

IT'S ROGUE
ROGUE

Because Game Studios still has a degree of independence from Zenimax and Beth Softworks.
It also cripples modding.

I wish they had left quicksaving in Underhell, I can't fucking get through a level without it shitting the bed and crashing and getting rolled all the way back to the beginning.

It's the only Source mod I've ever played that does that, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Have you ever played Cry of Fear? It's an excellent survival horror Goldsource mod made by a bunch of spergy swedes, but it's fantastic

While most of the guns sound like cap guns, it feels great when shooting non-human enemies.

They're doing it to help you avoid those games, user. There isn't a single great game with Denuvo :^)

Only Ghouls gave me that feeling, rest of the animations are garbage.

Its good, but you should recommend Afraid of Monsters first.

Also your threads don't get replies very fast because those particular games are extremely niche shit for autists. A smaller playerbase means much fewer replies.

I tried that and posted my adventure in the recent Horror thread. The cutscenes were broken so once I pushed the button in the conference room, I never saw what "unlocked" and spent hours roaming the hospital top to bottom without finding out what to do next before just uninstalling it.

I want to reinstall it now just to beat it, but where the fuck are you supposed to go?

Oh, yeah, of course, now. Afraid of Monsters was better, though.

Search a walktrought, I dont think they ever show you which door unlocks.

I remember wasting quite a lot of time on that as well.
I think its on the the corridor next to the bathrooms, I can be wrong though, its been a while.

the amount of bitching over an inconsequential new installment in a franchise has made doom fans the most embarrassing classic FPS group. Duke fans make solutions like DNF2013, Thief fans find resolve and expand with The Dark Mod, Quake fans are constantly doing new tools and levels and engine updates for their sourceports. DOOM fans make memes, shit gimmick levels and joke mods, and now they just bitch about some shit game that they don't even have to play.

It's pretty sad. It probably has more redeeming qualities than most of what the doom custom content scene produces these days.

tell me more, I can pretend that this is a Quake game when I eventually pirate this garbage.

God forbid someone makes mods that can polish a shitty game for no monetary compensation.

Funny thing is that its usually doesnt derail outside of vidya unlike many other threads and theres actual discussion about vidya.

Thanks for letting us know, Gawker, but since when have you ever heard of things like source ports?

since I contribute more to any classic first person game scene than you do, leech.

Here

You will enjoy your SnapMap and the shit DLC.
Why are you so entitled goy?

I wish demos were still a thing, im not willing to slap 70 money down site unseen for NuDoom, but i would rather like to try it out. How ever Denuvo stops the usual try before you buy method.

#rekt

>>>/out/

You cant even make your poorly designed shitty mods with this one.

most epic post right now

So you admit to being a casual who likes shit games and that anything with any sort of depth or challenge is for "autists"?

I dunno, this guy can't strafe or circle jump for crap so it's hard to tell if he's getting a speed boost for consecutive jumps. Is it in the full version still?

Yes, the guy at the Nvidia conference didnt do it either

So you are autistic then?

nice one

That a lot of retarded shills here.
Guess Beth tries to flood every possible place with them just like with Shitout 4.

is stellaris any good? is there strategic depth to its warfare aspect or is it just another number crunching economy space city builder?

GSGfags are claiming the normal GSG elements are dumbed down and that it's too combat heavy, so I maybe it'll be up your alley. Give it a pirate.

Marketing user. Doom is a powerful name.

Reminds me of Thief 4.

This games proven to me that TBs a total fucking liar, Its funny that he recently came back from a private demoing with Bethesda and now speaks highly about both their games. Also we've now discovered he has a patreon setup as its been hacked. He's started taking money in from game sales.

The sheer desperation of youtubers atm is just absolutely pathetic. I thought TB was supposed to be better than this. Fuck this industry.

Can all e-celeb youtubers please just fuck off and get real jobs. For fucks sake.

(((marketing)))

DOOMed and which other one? The TES card game, or he do a 180 on his opinion on FO4?

TES Card Game. He said he liked it.

The thing I found odd was that he specifically scheduled to meet Bethesda at Pax.. but not any of the other AAAs..

Its VERY odd.

I'll also make the point that TB has basically proven his job utterly worthless, the fact that the embargo happened without any protest until after the fact, only just proved that Bethesda can get away with it from now on. Expect this to now become a trend. Pre-release Games Reviews will slowly fade out of existence.

so you contribute a quake map and that makes you uniquely qualified to shit all over Doom's flourishing mod scene and ongoing decades of great gaming.
doom has incredible mods and maps, you're a spiteful fucking moron defending a company of spiteful morons who are profiting the dead body of a classic game we love.
fuck yourself.

what's his mod?

You get flak but I agree with you.

Fucking neoFAG has an active Falcom thread.

I could make a thread on Cold Steel, Ar nosurge or Tears of tiara 2 but they would die pretty quickly.

But shitposting on triple A trash that I don't play is fun too so whatever.

I'm glad I've found a like minded community of people such as myself who also hate videogames and the people that dare enjoy these pieces of shit :^)

Why would they? Established brands sell more, they could've 'created' (yeah right) their own post-apo setting but they just made oblibion with guns and slapped Fallout on it.
Instant classic.

What?
He isnt dead from cancer yet? How come?

Bad things die hard

Hah. He's only 'pro-consumer' when it fits him, when his bf sterling didn't get a review copy for some game he said it was blacklisting.

Funnily enough, the creator of the Hdoom mod and that gif enjoys nuDOOM and heavily recommends it.

TBH, Im just gonna buy it when it goes on sale, Like wolfenstien, Then who gives a shit cause I didnt pay 60 shekels for it. as in sale I mean black friday 20 bucks sale not a steam goyim sale.

1 year ago he said that he have like what 1-2 years of living?

You either love all games or hate all games. There is no in between. That's too complex to think about.

Yeah people, what matters is that you buy shit games for 1/3 their price!

There was also that time that TB openly asked developers to pay him for coverage.

That was really the red-alert point for me which made me super suspicious of him. Then the Laura K shit happened, like.. you're going to put your friends above your audience…. … Get fucked.

I respected TB up until the Cancer thing. After then the desperation got the better of him. I can't respect someone who's prepared to tarnish his very image just to save his life. This quotes really fitting.

"you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian".

No way, I knew he was getting desperate, especially with all that Blizzard dick sucking he's been doing and now this, but I'd really love to see this.

There is not even one, so your point is moot. You are just babies that get upset by non-general cancer.

And great, now the mods are doing their job to make us more like glorious /vg/!

Of all threads you decided to link to the one of the autistic retard.

People are already talking about Asscancer being two faced here, what difference does it make whether it's in a pointless duplicate thread or an already existing thread.

Didn't he make a video complaining about it and how they attempted to evoke extreme control over information going to the public? I believe he also slammed private dealings and controlled press showings of games in that video.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised at him being a hypocrite, but I would think he'd attempt to be a bit more subtle about it.

Torrent when?

Denuvo

Jesus, one of my main reasons I fucking hate doom 3 is because the weapons feel like plastic toys. They couldnt get a single thing right

Seriously?

Funny how two years ago he said in his AC Unity video that he would refuse to review any games that had a release date embargo. I guess Bethesda really pays for publicity.

see

And absolutely nothing of importance was lost.

Now

Its already cracked

It is okay when Bethesda does it!
It has an integrated level design too so you don't need mods anyway!

The current mod just needs to make a sticky. We've got like 4 or 5 DOOM threads with more popping up.

How the fuck did they crack denuvo this fast?

Were you expecting anything else?

Zenimax and Bethesda Soft are EA tier.

Are you surprised he has shit taste?
Just look at his mod, he turned all the demons in to moeshit.

protesting 24 hours before the game launches is bullshit.. There's no actual time for backlash meaning the protest is pointless.

Id say they are even worse than EA, they are behind the whole DLC and paid mods thing.

Playing it, liking it. I'm getting Halo 1/2 vibes from the level design (wide open areas, arena-like, emphasis on vertical movement, enemies that crowd and zip around) I mentioned this in one of the threads that got locked (before I'm accused of shilling)

Pirate before consider buying it, or wait for it to go on sale.

Personally, if you got the cash, I'd buy it with a coupon or something.

Doesn't feel as slow as it looked from some of the trailers either, only thing that bugs me is the QTE instant-kill shit, but I think you can turn that off, maybe, I saw something for it in the settings menu.

Based Skidrow

Denuvo is never the same

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

Hey guys I found the marketer.

At least you kept the flag so we all know you're the same faggot as in the other spam/repeat threads.

Just wanted to pirate it, sad day for me

You mean halo 5, right?

Just wait for the crack nigger, apparently some based autists cacked the game an Skidrow is putting ut out there.

Also link torrent fagot

1.EZ $$$
2. They care not. They only what answer 1.
3. Yes

Find it yourself nigger

First, this is should have Doom vibes not Halo.
At least this post shows how the people that bought this shit are clueless fucks

Like they say, everything with Denuvo is shit.

It doesnt exist, there is no crack/workaround out yet. Its just the preload

Me Right Now about Holla Forums

Dont be a faggot, you have 2 that I am leeching now but I dont want to torrent two torrents that add up to 100GB and they not fucking work.

Nigger I even mention it by name

Despite seeing people avidly shitting at this game since E3, you act surprised like this is a new thing.

Than get the fuck out and dont let the door hit your ass, faggot.

Thanks m8

why do you people market to Holla Forums, everyone knows we dont actually play vidya

on top of that Holla Forums is mostly populated by Holla Forums faggots from gamergate who can smell jews through their ethernet cabling, making this quite possibly the dumbest place on the internet to try your shill nonsense

but whatever, you're probably just happy you get your minimum wage and dont ask questions, right?

Watch the video and read his other posts you dumbfuck

nigga, it's not cracked yet.

Thats the most intriguing thing about this threads, if you thing about

I showed what you should think or tell shills to gtfo in this AAA threads.
Good thing he shares the same though process.

I don't think you understand how reality works.
I have been telling shills to fuck off. The point I was making is how based a fuck Holla Forums is for calling out the faggot shills. Its refreshing from the usual Reddit level fuckery I have to put up with from FB/Friends on a daily basis.

You get out.

Calm down, bro.

It's actually bretty gud. Check vid-related.

it will be just like Just cause and hitman

scratch that. He finally took that off. Thank fuck.
that was annoying as shit to have it stutter.

Soo….what is wrong with it? I haven't been paying much attention to it, but the gameplay trailer looked like a good version of Doom 3.

Does it have lack of fast? Regenerating health? A vault boy bobblehead?

Redpill me on Doom 4, Holla Forums.

Note how all shills use these exact words

I know, user. Everything can eventually be cracked, the question is just whether it will take weeks, months or years.

Words cannot even begin to describe my joy, I haven't seen people lose their shit over hypothetical marketers since Fallout 4

Never change Holla Forums

Pirate, buy, makes no difference to me, I'm enjoying the game, and those are my thoughts on the subject, I have no personal stake in whether or not people buy Doom™

Though, now that you mention it, maybe you should also buy the Season Pass, Bethesda® is pretty good at providing groundbreaking content at an affordable price, I wonder what kind of amazing gaming experiences they have in store for us down the road for Doom™!

That's the problem, you just saw an embellished version of the game. Watch

fuck off Todd.

Um a game can be too bad for €60 but fun for €9.99

Not all games are worth full price.

For fuck's sake user, stop responding to this kind of crap

Giving a direction or thought process to identify shills, by how they write their posts.
Better now, pappy.

I am only leaving if Jim crashes this site to the ground, enjoy

Shit nigger.

I have literally no opinion on it and all I saw on it was the gameplay trailer. How can I be a shill?

at least post the webm, you fucking faggot.

UNLEASH THE PORN OF WAR

What the fuck, this is actually sort of not bad. The only glaring problem are the glory kills, which admittedly almost ruined the game for me, but other than that it's pretty decent.

Nice pasta

well that does sound worth a shot. thanks, "not satan"

It is combat heavy in the sense that you don't have much else to do. But there are basically just 3 spaceships and the whole combat is watching the ships pewpew each other in space with the bigger numbers (and most upgraded tech) wins.

no it doesn't, it just means i contribute to custom content scene(s) dumbass
it also has some of the most embarrassing memewares since undertale, such as selfie doom, brutal doom, and is host to plenty amateurish garbage to this day. dooms popularity is a double edged sword, it's a gateway into better scenes, at best
nope im just shitting on doom "fans" who are so mad someone is using their games name to make another game in a franchise that company owns, I said the same thing about people who were faux-outraged over thief 4 despite many of them never playing any game in the series.

my only question for you is, why are you so upset?

autism.jpg

How about you stop projecting?
That sure went well

So it's exactly what i was expecting.
A standalone brutal doom game.
Edgy, tryhard violence that was made for redditors to belive that they are cool when they play it
Tryhard violence is always pathetic but here it gets really annoying.
Also shit music.
1/10

not sure which one shills anymore, either everyone hate NuDoom because Bethesda tries hard to shill or sjw wanted to chase people away from NuDoom to prevent devs in making more NuDoom clones.

Now i can imagine BD with a $60 price tag, plus no mod support to get something like Project Brutality at least to unfuck it.
But its way worse since it still adds a "progression" system.

Its the first option if you read the thread, man.
Its just Bethesda cannibalizing a classic IP, while using the husk of ID to shit it out.

Is this game worth £4.30?

no

Its pretty obvious Bethesda used a big fucking paycheck to viral this shit on social media almost as much as Fallout 4.

Even Total Asscancer is shilling for it.
But then again, he liked The New Order also by Bethesda

The real question is..
is it worth pirating. Impressions so far suggest yes if only to compare it to Doom 3 (ie. the other shit doom).

I wouldn't pay for it, unless maybe on a humble bundle where it could actually do some good in the world for people who actually deserve it (100% to Charity.. God I love doing that, you mean I get to help people AND screw over publishers!).

The New Order I saw as an outlier because it was ex-star-breeze whom TB has stated was a fan of since Riddick. But now its pretty damn obvious whats going on here.

post a webm you mongoloid

user what the fuck?

well at least its colorful

because money

That was the moment even the biggest retard should've understood that his "opinion" is worth jackshit.

The formula behind the original Doom seems so simple it's hard to believe no company has been able to replicate it. I mean, even the original creators of Doom could only keep it up for two games.

How do you mess up "fast shooty game with demons and lots of guns"

Yep that's pretty fucking stupid.
He's full on Blizzard shill.

Its quite simple.. There's more important shit than vidya. He may still die even yet. If you truly believe in Ethics then you'd do everything you could to uphold them, even if it meant dying. A sellout is remembered always for having been a sellout. When a celebrity dies everyone airs out their shit for all to see.. When a saint dies though, they build statues. My morality tells me, if you're going to leave a legacy.. make sure its a damn good one. I doubt TB will be remembered for deadpool T-Shirts.

Answer: Quake.

Once Quake happened, every game had to use polygons for their characters. Sprites are easier to make, make the iteration process way faster. Doom had no fancy lighting effects which made level editing fast. There was an entire genre of Doom Clones, each did as well as the original doom did as far as gameplay is concerned. When Quake hit and subsequently Unreal and Half Life, The FPS genre became a thing, it was no longer doom clones.

I do say though.. Bring back the doom clone!

You just said he should uphold his image and die.
Nigger, shut the fuck up, that's retarded. Go take your hero fantasy somewhere else, you goddamn child.

tb talks single player only after 3 hours of playing:

SP was made by id and the MP by someone else iirc

Idiots are the only buyers, so it makes sense
You fags aren't one of them, are you?

man it's really fucking weird that I know where this is from because I watched it in class

false
kill yourself shill

I can bet thousad of shekels that the movement speed was increased after they go shat on for DOOM MP, that's the one thing they can really change, It's to late for everything else. I've watched TB's 20 min video about this game, at first I was happy, the movement is fast, he said he played for 3 hours and felt it was great, but then… the retarded monsters and item drops from them. THE MONSTERS ARE RETARDED. Why don't they attack more ?? They just do few steps left and right and throw a fireball once a fucking blue moon.

The HP falling from enemies is the biggest flaw. TB says something like "you can still explore, there are upgrades and secrets" sure, cool. That doesn't excuse that. In doom or quake I didn't had to "explore" for HP, it was almost always on the way. By seeing many HP packs you could guess that the next room will be heavy, it's fucking gone in this game. FUCK YOU BETHESDA, YOU CUCKED QUAKE LIVE, NOW YOU RUINED DOOM4.

I broke my brothers PC when I found out he bought Doom. I won't let anyone in my family play that trash

in all seriousness most of the time the demons don't drop shit. You'll be lucky if you get a health pack or two

I think they drop it all the times if you kill them with the stupid animation.

For me it hasn't happened all the time, I've killed mancubus'sssss without getting ammo or health

I'm gonna be honest, I had no hopes for this game, and had alot of doubts about the new Doom. But after spending around 6-7 hours in the campaign i'm confident i'll have more fun with this game than most games this year.

What I was afraid of was that it wouldn't be fast, which it is fast, but I think it being fluid is more appropriate. This isn't a cover based shooter so I have to give id kudos on that

Installed and beat the shit out of it, you were right about that corridor, that was the one place I hadn't checked. Ended up not even needing a walkthrough except for the code at the very end because I sure as fuck didn't write down all of those numbers on the scraps of paper I was finding.

I have mixed feelings on this. I like how the story shit was kept at a bare minimum, but I never really felt immersed like I did in Cry of Fear, even though the entire forest section in CoF was pure AIDS and almost made me hate it.

None of the enemies in AoM were particularly interesting and were all obvious HL reskins (except for the wheelchair guys which were pretty cool) and that kept reminding me I was playing a game. Also the reliance on closet zombies was really tiresome and not at all scary. It was still an okay mod though, I'd give it a 6.5/10, at its best it's better than CoF's worst, but not by a whole lot.

I could play better with touchpad on laptop

I could play better with a gyroscope

Battlefield does that

I fucking hate the 1-hit melee. Try killing someoen with a melee in quake 3 or Unreal tournament. Fuck those games.

Yea I guess that's the audience they were going for with this.

Whos opinion does matter to Holla Forums then?

superior version

yes, the game is garbage, just as every other modern AAA shooter.

Why are we still talking about it?

It's own.

People said it was going to be shit and lo and behold it turned out to be shit.

FUCK OFF

I noticed something interesting in his previous DOOM video. The footage looked sped up.

Link? It'd be good for a laugh.

I'd rather have new game on Build engine than Doom engine. Make a game like BLOOD. It was fucking awesome

Doom 3's gunplay feels a bit weird, but it's still good. It's got some great ideas, like using a cursor to interact with computers and the flashlight/gun switching. Resurrection of evil also has a gravity gun, which is kinda fun. Consider it a horror game, or something a bit like Ravenholm in HL2.

Apparently the guys at 3DRealms are making a Build engine prequel to Bombshell. If they put some effort into it we could end up with Duke Nukem: FemDuke edition

I hate it when they do this. I mean Resident Evil 4 is a comfy shooter, but why they had to call it RE4, and not RE: Spinoff?

Because they wanted to move beyond shitty tank controls and fixed camera angles which are a really pathetic way of creating tension.

The problem was going from T and G virus enemies to Plagas-type enemies which are all really fucking boring. The first half of Leon/Helena's campaign in 6 was better than the rest of the game and all of 5 combined, because they went back to the classic T virus zombies which are what made Resident Evil Resident Evil.

It even has the clown midget things that shoot medium-fast projectiles in bursts and identical energy shield bearing enemies.

3 things irk me from what I've seen of the first 30 mins or so. First of, starter weapons so far feel lackluster (they are missing that umph that the shotguns in original Dooms give).

Second, the levels feel cluttered, with that movement speed it would be surprising if you don't constantly bump into things.

Third, fucking glory kills kill the pace, same for the chainsaw.

These are things that look annoying if you criticize it without comparing it to the originals.

You do realize that RE4 still uses the same tank controls right? The only difference is that you can aim now because of the camera.

cool. Hope it's gonna be good.

That's not even close to the same and you know it.

That was always my one and only problem with that otherwise great game. After four RE games (including Code Veronica) where I wished I could manually aim at zombies and make every single shot a headshot, they finally give me the aiming ability I wished for all along, but… no zombies. NOT COOL.

It's not even that I disliked the plagas guys in and of themselves, but you don't throw cans at me for four games and quit as of the game that finally gives me a can opener.

If you haven't tried it yet, go pirate 6 and play Leon and Helena's campaign until they go to China and then just uninstall that shit forever. They added some stupid left4dead style gimmicky zombies, but ~95% are the normal t virus shamblers and are really fun to kill.

Also they haven't confirmed what camera/control style the RE2 remake will use, so maybe we'll get the proper OTS RE I've always dreamed of

So? The movement's the same thing and guess what you did the most in Resident Evil. It's true they changed the camera angle but the controls are nearly identical, in fact the only reason you can aim is because they changed the camera angles, not the controls.
You still have to stop to shoot and aim like in the original games, you still have to turn around slowly or do 180º turns, the tank controls are the same user, they just improved the verticality of the aiming so doing headshots with a shotgun isn't down to waiting until they're close enough or RNG with weapons like the custom pistols.

This game doesn't look too bad. Why does everyone hate it?

Same. All the weapons felt like they packed punch. Even the sound of the shotgun shells falling to the floor sounded so weak and effete.

lacked* punch

All my friends who hated Doom 3, but loved the originals love the new Doom. Most of the people commenting on this thread are literally just hating on the game because A. Its new and Holla Forums hates new games pretty much, and B. None of them have ever played Doom or Brutal Doom or Doom Coop or any of that shit.