What even is this show

What even is this show

Get these guys as the writer for the IDW comics coming in 2018 and comic books may be saved as well.

it's a gift that keeps on giving

We already have a thread.

Webm for posterity.

I starting to seriously wonder if this show is designed to slowly undo the media brainwashing of today's youth while being disguised as a cartoon adaption of a long running, popular and autist/furry attracting video game series.

I dont get why sonic fans keep trying to convince themselves that this shit is the second coming of christ animation-wise.

Mass Effect Andromeda was such a shitty game.

The show is dead and the writers have basically jumped ship.

I don't think anybody has given it any great praise in the animation department. It mostly has to do with the humor, which even in regards to non-politics jabs is actually pretty good.
Unless you're speaking of the sonic fandom in general, then you should know better than to even try and understand why they do and say what they do.
Just count yourself lucky you're not autistic enough to understand them.

How?

I wonder how long until the MLP cartoon is this, basically just done in g-mod.

Most of the appeal seems to be that it's a Sonic cartoon that is self-aware enough to mock itself and what a silly concept Sonic has always been. The fact that he's more sarcastic and the humor is more self-deprecating makes it funnier than it would be if they were still trying to force the 90's COOL DUDE WITH AN ATTITUDE characterization.

Doesn't that get old after a while, though?

It already did, IMO.

I think part of the equation is the lowered expectations going in.

My nostalgia made me hate how they made Knuckles 200% moron, but as I see these little gems pulled from it, maybe I'll actually sit down to watch an episode or two.

What's the overall quality? Is there a curve? Did it start crap and get better or something?

Is there just a short list worth watching or should I just keep watching these clips other people have sifted from it?

It's AOSTH all over again
Don't question it.

Not as quickly as 'COOL DUDE WITH AN ATITOOD XD does tbh, but yeah, I can see this type of humor wearing out pretty quickly.
Good thing the episodes have enough general humor to keep it afloat for a bit if the writers are given half a chance which they obviously won't be, why would anything good ever happen?

This type of humor is making sonic less of a character and more of a puppet.

It's more likely that they just do whatever they DON'T expect the viewer to see on tee vee, which in turn makes it more popular. No sane show would have showed a Chris lookalike if they had the opportunity to do so, but the team behind this clearly either doesn't give a shit or has been instructed not to give a shit as long as it turns a profit.

Basically this, if you look at the original sketches for Robuttnik, the negro in charge of it all clearly asked for an art direction that didn't give a shit as long as it was expressive. That's why you see proportions all out of whack.

He never had any character, he's always been a puppet with a different hand stuffed up his ass every now and then.

(checked)

Also, this.
Sonic Boom is the only show that even had the benefit of building off a somewhat developed legacy by virtue of the previous things (at least in the west).

But despite that, Sonic in the games still hasn't evolved all that much.

Sonice just goes fast and everything else always had to be sucked out of the fingers of some writers who were shown 4 stills of green hill zone.

Being a joke isn't being a character.

And dropped.

does anyone have the webm about climate change?

That's because platformer lore is dumb as fuck, if you take things too seriously you risk an ow the edge overdose.

I think the creators were instructed to spend time on the internet to soak up a bit a of the yoof culture, and this is what they ended up with.

It's true. Sonic has always been are ceptacle for whatever was cool at the time. In the 90's it was Xstreme attitude, in the 00's it was quasi animay bullshit with angsty emo undertones, and now it's cooly detached sarsactic self awareness.

The name feminism makes females flock to it, but equalism would be a much more suitable term that both sides can get behind.

Not only he is a feminist he is also a retard.
Great idea. Is it pretending that everyone is equal or killing everyone who is above/below average? Or may be its outlawing all the competition in anything? And science obviously will be illegal. Even simple observations will cause the idea that everyone is equal to shatter.

Equality is a delusion.

I'd rather take 90's Sonic and 00's Sonic over this Sonic, mostly because I'm sick of self-aware sarcastic humor since it seems to be the only thing the majority of hacks can write.

But then they wouldn't be able to hate men.

How the fuck do they keep getting away with this shit?

I think the show on paper should have flopped- yet the writing was decent enough to keep it going, yet not big enough to have producers start modifying it because it's "mainstream" and it has to meet certain (((standards))).

No one is watching it except kids and the fans of the franchise, so there's no one to call them problematic (and no profit/attention to be made "punching down" on a Sonic cartoon).

Who does the writing for this? The animators are French so I wasn't sure.

Anyone got the role-model one as well?

from what i heard it did start out as trash
i havent watched any full episodes though

Your reading comprehension needs work, user.

They're all on youtube

Animation wise? It's utter shit.
Writing wise? It's pure gold.

it started with an episode where tails gets hurt, sonic fires him to protect him, and sonic's in the market for a new sidekick. Eggman answers the call

generally good comedy throughout the show. Sticks falls flat though, since most of what she says is spastic randumb conspiracy theorist one-liners that may or may not have prescient analysis of the rest of the episode's plot

I agree with you about Sticks, but goddamn I love Nika Futterman's voice.

why are people in this thread seemingly approving of the idea of Sonic characters pushing feminism?

Only the ending was bad everything else was an absolute surprise considering its not common to find this dialog.

Calm down.

That was Nika Futterman? I thought that was Cree Summer?

I was one of the guy who used to think that Sonic Boom cartoon was a mistake but I'm also a guy who can admit that I'm wrong, This show is getting better and better and they just keep coming with something golden.

webm also related.

wow the more I see of this show the more based it appears to be.

You're assuming too much I think.

It's a show of moments. The jokes are hit-and-miss overall, but when they hit, they hit fucking hard. So compilations are great.

Credit where credit is due: That's feminism to a tee.

Shit.

This pisses me off to no end because the guy is more than just that. At the hands of the right writer, he can be pretty complex. Guy loves freedom, but hates obeying authority or firmly joining an alignment. But is a hero because he's a nice guy. No tragic story or selfish goals that made him start out as a hero. But he isn't a cookie cutter boy scout so after a major disaster was averted and everyone's safe, he just fucks off to someplace else for another adventure or exploration. Like imagine if he faces internal conflict of being forced to act as a guardian for a town for a long time when he longs to just go out and be free and live life but his conscience can't let him leave the people. Guy is becoming the face of the dated 90's mascot with edgy attitude, yet Sega made a character with a more complex idealogy and code than Batman and Superman and people can't see it because the games where he showed that personality in full view were those shitty Storybook Wii games.

Two reasons.

1) The show airs at a time that no kid on average wants to wake up for. No accessibility for the intended audience? Why should writers care about the content?

2) Sonic Boom, as in the actual entire sub-series, is overall a failure. So again, why should writers give a damn?

For these reasons the cartoon is the writers dicking around doing whatever they please. They know it's a dead show to boot because it's not getting Season 3 either. So again, why should they care?

Sonic Boom is on it's way out thanks to Sonic Forces. A return to Sonic Team Sega taking the helm. And of course Sonic Overrated Mania. Again, with all these factors into consideration, why should the writers for this dead cartoon care? Let them troll it up and use the characters to poke fun at the shitty franchise, the shitty fanbase, and the shitty politically correct times we all live in.

This!
I hate this current "sonic is shit LOL memes" kind of comedy that Sega and twitter are pushing lately.
Sonic is more than a joke at the hands of a good writer.

The worst part is the idiots who want Sticks to be canon to the Sega Team games. I cannot stand that annoying bitch's voice. She needs to be dropped and to never be heard from again. Besides her voice her conspiracy lunatic personality is also irritating.

You honestly want it to go back to Sonic 06 levels of bad?

Im still shocked.

It feels like more than a few people in this thread are missing the second layer of the OP gag where it's implied that intelligence != feminism.

I really liked his personality in Tails Gets Trolled.

Are you really surprised? More than a few people in this thread are missing the first layer of the joke.

Have you actually been a kid? Not only kids wake up early in the morning, they also FUCKING LOVE CARTOONS. May be less now, since we have internet.
Show is good, this shows that they care. If they didnt care it will be "villain show up, villain defeated by working together" every episode.

You're really missing the point if you think a minimum standard of human decency is somehow outlawing competition. Everyone gets the short end of the stick at some point, sometimes its a mere inconvenience and sometimes its life threatening. As a society we make decisions on where to level things out and where to let things take their course. Just because there is a small minority who calls for absolute equality of outcome does not mean anyone calling themselves an egalitarian thinks the same. You need to learn nuance.

I cant miss the point because all the points are equal.
And believing that everyone is equal is "basic human decency".
How can there be a minority if everyone is equal? Especially in the group that believes and propagandizes that everyone is equal.
Where do they teach these things? In the ((( tolerance camps)))? Or a mental asylum?
PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS IS BULLSHIT FOR MORE THAN 2 THOUSANDS OF YEARS AND YOU TRYING TO BULLSHIT ME WITH SELF CONTRADICTIONS IN EVERY SENTENCE?

No people noticed.

But that is just some guy shitposting, people are not that retarded, right?

I hate to break it to you. But the actual twitter account is decent.

Holy fuck, who are the writers of this show?

How did you quote a deleted post? What the hell?

Mostly Frenchies.
They seem to write great shit. I wonder how they get away with it in current year France.

Sonic Comics are going to IDW. I didn't feel the need to make a new thread to say this.

I thought the French animated it. Good too see they still got it.

Holy shit, this real?

How you read that from the original message, I have no idea.

It must be something in the water supply killing people's braincells.

It's not like it's Britain or something.

It depends how you approach it. On the one hand you're blowing modern feminists out by telling them they've already achieved their goals and are fighting for nothing, but it also reinforces the feminist idea that the sexes are and should be equal in the first place.

Knuckles is considered the dumbest character out of the entire group.

Dude, it's Holla Forums. What do you expect?

The major defining line between the two is if they have a painful sounding screech or scratch in the character's voice, then it's Futterman.

this show is fucking hilarious!
its like a kids version of futurama

Its decent at best Holla Forums, outside the meta episodes and Eggman, its fairly generic.

Have some of you forgotten what fun was like?

Somewhat.

People tend to miss that.

Could be sweden.

Ah I see. I only knew of her when she did sexy Latino voices.

Anything notable?

I guess Lady Jaye from GI Joe Renegades.

You mean fucking dead

Will this cheer you up a little?

Thanks, i needed that.

it's funny every time. thanks, user.

Can I move there?

The entire gag is "oh wow, the dumb guy said something smart".

or,

Amazing

Its even weird to see people over at Polygon creaming themselves over this progressive moment just because Knuckles ended his phrase with "I am a feminist". Like everything he said was a rebuttal to the stupid shit feminist spews, but because he identify as one, they are praising him for it. What the shit.

Is this a legal age reference?

Subtle

Context?

Got any more?

absolutely no self awareness
the whole of Holla Forums could arbitrarily declare themselves feminists and carry on with the usual discussion unaltered and the regressive left would lawd us as a bastion of progress
they don't actually give a shit about the message so long as the right label is attached

I had a feeling thats all the feminists cared about was the label.

In the end, it's about feeling like you're a good person and you're doing the right thing. You don't actually have to understand the intricacies or implications of anything you claim to support.

What the fuck. The animation has improved massively

Is this legit?

it sure is

I dont know what to think anymore! Someone tell me what to think now!

Mombot? Like the Twitter milf?

Eggman build his own semen demon THICC mombot to pamper him.

this pun made my sides ascend back in time

I dont get this one.

Only 1 time I have ever heard "Elelator" in anything, was a short Tiny Toons Adventure skit. Especially Elelator Up and Elelator down.

That seat isn't called an Elelator. Nor is the elevation tool called an Elelator. I am more than sure it is a Tiny Toons Adventure homage.

Thanks.

Seriously, why do you randomly bring up Holla Forums?
I know the board is shitty, but it's as harmless as Holla Forums is, yet it somehow became you gay little boogeyman.
You're autistic as fuck.

/fit/ heh

>I'll-a let 'er DOWN

Shit.

the show has entertaining, if most of the time predictable, plots and occasionally absolutely brilliant writing

so is he double woke or reverse woke? Ewok?

No, he's just a normal feminist doing what feminists always do: bitch at other feminists for not being feminist enough.

Holy fuck. i lost it

God damn

actually, squat and deadlifts

That wouldn't make sense when his legs are so skinny.

i actually dont get that one
is it funny cause of the guy in the costume?

Sonic goes into deeper and deeper happy places when stressed, and when woken up by an alarm has an Inception-style multi-phased awakening as he returns to awareness. He actually goes "one too many", revealing that the entire show is in the head of a costumed autist pretending to be Sonic to escape his real life.

So like Amon and the equalists.

Sonic being bothered by an OC

The joke is ruined right away by the fact that Sonic and his friends need to ride a car and that Sonic even has a license despite the whole purpose of Tails is flying/ driving him around.

Amazing, the show is written by Trumpists.

I thought the writers were French?

The extra joke is that that's actually his voice actor.

Social media is worldwide, though.
If you were to move there, there'd still be people who didn't. Rather than freeing yourself, you'd just be removing your voice from the game of rude.

Is it just me or does he look like Pepe?

Give them a 100 more episodes.

Neat

/fit/ also makes jokes about chicken legged fags that skip leg day.
Or at least they used to, I haven't been to that board in ages.

stop
pls

There's people but its slow and cancer from Holla Forums is regularly purged. Its one thing to joke around about legs, height and abs, but when there's retards who do nothing but that, it ruins everything.

I've cancelled the cartoon package. No more Cuckalodeon, no more Cartoon Network, no more fucking anything. I won't pay for animated movies, I won't watch live action bullshit like Star Wars or Star Trek or Marvel/DC movies. Nothing from after 2004 will I peruse. Those (((fucks))) won't see a thin dime of my fucking money, and if you're all smart, you'll do the same thing instead of complaining about the shit you're funding by watching and reading.

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Wrong thread kid.

No they're american.

If they even get a season 3.

Some of the writers are from New Jersey actually. Explains why that robot episode had the robot town named after a Jersey town as a joke.

So has a season 3 been announced?

Oh, i can't tell whether thats a good or bad thing.

This show is great.
if someone with proper software cared to cut the last 0.5 second I'd be very grateful

Did anyone have the webm where Knuckles freaks out about the liberal arts degree form the new episode?

Something interesting to note is that this episode was written by a fan-comic writer that ended up doing some stuff for Archie.

Try the post directly above you.

I'm impressed the jokes are pretty good

Bump

sonic and knuckles really don't look expressive enough in that .webm, maybe tails too but I'm not sos ure
the dialogue I wont complain about though; I'd actually wanted to .webm it myself

Some Anons on Holla Forums dumpex a number of new webms of the show did any of you save them?

They're decent can't say the same for the just of the episode.

Knuckles is simply egalitarian. The idiotic aspect is that he thinks it is feminism.

Incorrect. Feminism has always been gynocentric. Knuckles is simply an egalitarian buying into the lie that feminism is about equality.

I'm surprised Sonic Boom is actually a good show

The ones I'm seeing here are total hamfisted shit only good for a cheap laugh. Quick, effortless quips at current events. Just looks like writers taking the piss because they got stuck with a bad franchise. This is a kids show anyway, so I shouldn't judge otherwise.

Well he is sort of a big dummy.

So like Amon and his followers?

Thats the joke.

bump

For what reason?