What even is this show

Isaiah Stewart
Isaiah Stewart

What even is this show

Jace Adams
Jace Adams

Get these guys as the writer for the IDW comics coming in 2018 and comic books may be saved as well.

Isaac Brooks
Isaac Brooks

it's a gift that keeps on giving

Anthony Perez
Anthony Perez

We already have a thread.

Justin Wilson
Justin Wilson

Webm for posterity.

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

I starting to seriously wonder if this show is designed to slowly undo the media brainwashing of today's youth while being disguised as a cartoon adaption of a long running, popular and autist/furry attracting video game series.

Jaxon Peterson
Jaxon Peterson

I dont get why sonic fans keep trying to convince themselves that this shit is the second coming of christ animation-wise.

Christopher Bennett
Christopher Bennett

Mass Effect Andromeda was such a shitty game.

Blake Anderson
Blake Anderson

The show is dead and the writers have basically jumped ship.

Juan Nguyen
Juan Nguyen

I don't think anybody has given it any great praise in the animation department. It mostly has to do with the humor, which even in regards to non-politics jabs is actually pretty good.
Unless you're speaking of the sonic fandom in general, then you should know better than to even try and understand why they do and say what they do.
Just count yourself lucky you're not autistic enough to understand them.

Daniel Butler
Daniel Butler

How?

Cameron Gutierrez
Cameron Gutierrez

I wonder how long until the MLP cartoon is this, basically just done in g-mod.

Ian Myers
Ian Myers

Most of the appeal seems to be that it's a Sonic cartoon that is self-aware enough to mock itself and what a silly concept Sonic has always been. The fact that he's more sarcastic and the humor is more self-deprecating makes it funnier than it would be if they were still trying to force the 90's COOL DUDE WITH AN ATTITUDE characterization.

James Reed
James Reed

Doesn't that get old after a while, though?

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

It already did, IMO.

Luke Morgan
Luke Morgan

I think part of the equation is the lowered expectations going in.

My nostalgia made me hate how they made Knuckles 200% moron, but as I see these little gems pulled from it, maybe I'll actually sit down to watch an episode or two.

What's the overall quality? Is there a curve? Did it start crap and get better or something?

Is there just a short list worth watching or should I just keep watching these clips other people have sifted from it?

Adrian Collins
Adrian Collins

What even is this show
It's AOSTH all over again
Don't question it.

Mason Edwards
Mason Edwards

Not as quickly as 'COOL DUDE WITH AN ATITOOD XD does tbh, but yeah, I can see this type of humor wearing out pretty quickly.
Good thing the episodes have enough general humor to keep it afloat for a bit if the writers are given half a chance which they obviously won't be, why would anything good ever happen?

Justin Harris
Justin Harris

This type of humor is making sonic less of a character and more of a puppet.

Jaxson Phillips
Jaxson Phillips

It's more likely that they just do whatever they DON'T expect the viewer to see on tee vee, which in turn makes it more popular. No sane show would have showed a Chris lookalike if they had the opportunity to do so, but the team behind this clearly either doesn't give a shit or has been instructed not to give a shit as long as it turns a profit.
Basically this, if you look at the original sketches for Robuttnik, the negro in charge of it all clearly asked for an art direction that didn't give a shit as long as it was expressive. That's why you see proportions all out of whack.

Jordan Lee
Jordan Lee

He never had any character, he's always been a puppet with a different hand stuffed up his ass every now and then.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

(checked)

Also, this.
Sonic Boom is the only show that even had the benefit of building off a somewhat developed legacy by virtue of the previous things (at least in the west).

But despite that, Sonic in the games still hasn't evolved all that much.

Sonice just goes fast and everything else always had to be sucked out of the fingers of some writers who were shown 4 stills of green hill zone.

Jayden Price
Jayden Price

Being a joke isn't being a character.

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

knuckles
feminist
And dropped.

Adrian Wilson
Adrian Wilson

does anyone have the webm about climate change?

Nathaniel Martin
Nathaniel Martin

That's because platformer lore is dumb as fuck, if you take things too seriously you risk an ow the edge overdose.

Carson Smith
Carson Smith

I think the creators were instructed to spend time on the internet to soak up a bit a of the yoof culture, and this is what they ended up with.

Gavin Lopez
Gavin Lopez

It's true. Sonic has always been are ceptacle for whatever was cool at the time. In the 90's it was Xstreme attitude, in the 00's it was quasi animay bullshit with angsty emo undertones, and now it's cooly detached sarsactic self awareness.

Thomas Morgan
Thomas Morgan

knuckles states a fact which is actually feminist in nature, not like current """feminists""" who spout gynocentric shit
The name feminism makes females flock to it, but equalism would be a much more suitable term that both sides can get behind.

Christopher Gutierrez
Christopher Gutierrez

Not only he is a feminist he is also a retard.
equalism
Great idea. Is it pretending that everyone is equal or killing everyone who is above/below average? Or may be its outlawing all the competition in anything? And science obviously will be illegal. Even simple observations will cause the idea that everyone is equal to shatter.

Gabriel Allen
Gabriel Allen

Equality is a delusion.

Juan Morales
Juan Morales

I'd rather take 90's Sonic and 00's Sonic over this Sonic, mostly because I'm sick of self-aware sarcastic humor since it seems to be the only thing the majority of hacks can write.

Jordan Gonzalez
Jordan Gonzalez

But then they wouldn't be able to hate men.

Evan Morgan
Evan Morgan

How the fuck do they keep getting away with this shit?

Austin Morales
Austin Morales

I think the show on paper should have flopped- yet the writing was decent enough to keep it going, yet not big enough to have producers start modifying it because it's "mainstream" and it has to meet certain (((standards))).

No one is watching it except kids and the fans of the franchise, so there's no one to call them problematic (and no profit/attention to be made "punching down" on a Sonic cartoon).

Who does the writing for this? The animators are French so I wasn't sure.

Anyone got the role-model one as well?

Xavier Martinez
Xavier Martinez

from what i heard it did start out as trash
i havent watched any full episodes though

Jonathan Campbell
Jonathan Campbell

Your reading comprehension needs work, user.

Eli Davis
Eli Davis

They're all on youtube

Julian Watson
Julian Watson

Animation wise? It's utter shit.
Writing wise? It's pure gold.

Benjamin Lee
Benjamin Lee

it started with an episode where tails gets hurt, sonic fires him to protect him, and sonic's in the market for a new sidekick. Eggman answers the call

generally good comedy throughout the show. Sticks falls flat though, since most of what she says is spastic randumb conspiracy theorist one-liners that may or may not have prescient analysis of the rest of the episode's plot

Zachary Rogers
Zachary Rogers

I agree with you about Sticks, but goddamn I love Nika Futterman's voice.

William Diaz
William Diaz

why are people in this thread seemingly approving of the idea of Sonic characters pushing feminism?

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

Only the ending was bad everything else was an absolute surprise considering its not common to find this dialog.

Colton James
Colton James

Calm down.

Landon Taylor
Landon Taylor

That was Nika Futterman? I thought that was Cree Summer?

Dominic Butler
Dominic Butler

I was one of the guy who used to think that Sonic Boom cartoon was a mistake but I'm also a guy who can admit that I'm wrong, This show is getting better and better and they just keep coming with something golden.

Jonathan Young
Jonathan Young

webm also related.

Angel Brown
Angel Brown

wow the more I see of this show the more based it appears to be.

David Hughes
David Hughes

You're assuming too much I think.

Hunter Young
Hunter Young

It's a show of moments. The jokes are hit-and-miss overall, but when they hit, they hit fucking hard. So compilations are great.

Parker Clark
Parker Clark

WHAT YOU LIKE IS UNIMPORTANT
Credit where credit is due: That's feminism to a tee.

Austin Jenkins
Austin Jenkins

What even is this show
Shit.

Cooper Young
Cooper Young

There are actual people that bought the "COOL DUDE WITH ATITOOD IS HIS PERSONALITY" meme when the guy was just a cocky personality that never said acted like Ruby Spears Megaman and cartoon Link or anything resembling edge.
This pisses me off to no end because the guy is more than just that. At the hands of the right writer, he can be pretty complex. Guy loves freedom, but hates obeying authority or firmly joining an alignment. But is a hero because he's a nice guy. No tragic story or selfish goals that made him start out as a hero. But he isn't a cookie cutter boy scout so after a major disaster was averted and everyone's safe, he just fucks off to someplace else for another adventure or exploration. Like imagine if he faces internal conflict of being forced to act as a guardian for a town for a long time when he longs to just go out and be free and live life but his conscience can't let him leave the people. Guy is becoming the face of the dated 90's mascot with edgy attitude, yet Sega made a character with a more complex idealogy and code than Batman and Superman and people can't see it because the games where he showed that personality in full view were those shitty Storybook Wii games.

Nicholas Ortiz
Nicholas Ortiz

Two reasons.

1) The show airs at a time that no kid on average wants to wake up for. No accessibility for the intended audience? Why should writers care about the content?

2) Sonic Boom, as in the actual entire sub-series, is overall a failure. So again, why should writers give a damn?

For these reasons the cartoon is the writers dicking around doing whatever they please. They know it's a dead show to boot because it's not getting Season 3 either. So again, why should they care?

Sonic Boom is on it's way out thanks to Sonic Forces. A return to Sonic Team Sega taking the helm. And of course Sonic Overrated Mania. Again, with all these factors into consideration, why should the writers for this dead cartoon care? Let them troll it up and use the characters to poke fun at the shitty franchise, the shitty fanbase, and the shitty politically correct times we all live in.

Carson Reed
Carson Reed

This!
I hate this current "sonic is shit LOL memes" kind of comedy that Sega and twitter are pushing lately.
Sonic is more than a joke at the hands of a good writer.

Dominic Stewart
Dominic Stewart

The worst part is the idiots who want Sticks to be canon to the Sega Team games. I cannot stand that annoying bitch's voice. She needs to be dropped and to never be heard from again. Besides her voice her conspiracy lunatic personality is also irritating.

Julian Price
Julian Price

I hate this current "sonic is shit LOL memes" kind of comedy that Sega and twitter are pushing lately.
You honestly want it to go back to Sonic 06 levels of bad?

Jordan Gonzalez
Jordan Gonzalez

Im still shocked.

Juan Murphy
Juan Murphy

It feels like more than a few people in this thread are missing the second layer of the OP gag where it's implied that intelligence != feminism.

Adam Price
Adam Price

Sonic is more than a joke at the hands of a good writer.

I really liked his personality in Tails Gets Trolled.

Wyatt Bell
Wyatt Bell

Are you really surprised? More than a few people in this thread are missing the first layer of the joke.

Blake Cruz
Blake Cruz

The show airs at a time that no kid on average wants to wake up for
Have you actually been a kid? Not only kids wake up early in the morning, they also FUCKING LOVE CARTOONS. May be less now, since we have internet.
authors dont care
Show is good, this shows that they care. If they didnt care it will be "villain show up, villain defeated by working together" every episode.

Easton Wright
Easton Wright

You're really missing the point if you think a minimum standard of human decency is somehow outlawing competition. Everyone gets the short end of the stick at some point, sometimes its a mere inconvenience and sometimes its life threatening. As a society we make decisions on where to level things out and where to let things take their course. Just because there is a small minority who calls for absolute equality of outcome does not mean anyone calling themselves an egalitarian thinks the same. You need to learn nuance.

Isaac Bennett
Isaac Bennett

I cant miss the point because all the points are equal.
Just because there is a small minority who calls for absolute equality of outcome does not mean anyone calling themselves an egalitarian thinks the same
just because they think they are equal, people who pretend to be equal dont actually do it
its a nuance that equality does not mean equality
only small number of equal people believe in equal people
And believing that everyone is equal is "basic human decency".
How can there be a minority if everyone is equal? Especially in the group that believes and propagandizes that everyone is equal.
Where do they teach these things? In the ((( tolerance camps)))? Or a mental asylum?
PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS IS BULLSHIT FOR MORE THAN 2 THOUSANDS OF YEARS AND YOU TRYING TO BULLSHIT ME WITH SELF CONTRADICTIONS IN EVERY SENTENCE?

Asher Anderson
Asher Anderson

No people noticed.

Carson Richardson
Carson Richardson

twitter are pushing lately.
But that is just some guy shitposting, people are not that retarded, right?

Angel Russell
Angel Russell

I hate to break it to you. But the actual twitter account is decent.

Robert Wright
Robert Wright

Holy fuck, who are the writers of this show?

Andrew Scott
Andrew Scott

How did you quote a deleted post? What the hell?

Luis Anderson
Luis Anderson

Mostly Frenchies.
They seem to write great shit. I wonder how they get away with it in current year France.

Ethan Barnes
Ethan Barnes

Sonic Comics are going to IDW. I didn't feel the need to make a new thread to say this.

Jeremiah Gutierrez
Jeremiah Gutierrez

I thought the French animated it. Good too see they still got it.

Grayson Robinson
Grayson Robinson

Complaining about Twitter Sonic for being humble when it's clear they have enough self-respect to call out bullshit from obvious garbage.

Justin Roberts
Justin Roberts

Holy shit, this real?

Ayden Butler
Ayden Butler

How you read that from the original message, I have no idea.

Brayden Robinson
Brayden Robinson

all those braindead morons completely missing the joke and honestly believing this is some sjw shit when instead it blows them the fuck out of the water
It must be something in the water supply killing people's braincells.

Wyatt Davis
Wyatt Davis

current year France
It's not like it's Britain or something.

Nolan Lewis
Nolan Lewis

It depends how you approach it. On the one hand you're blowing modern feminists out by telling them they've already achieved their goals and are fighting for nothing, but it also reinforces the feminist idea that the sexes are and should be equal in the first place.

Hunter Wright
Hunter Wright

Knuckles is considered the dumbest character out of the entire group.

Brandon Morales
Brandon Morales

Dude, it's Holla Forums. What do you expect?

Justin Price
Justin Price

The major defining line between the two is if they have a painful sounding screech or scratch in the character's voice, then it's Futterman.

Adam Bell
Adam Bell

this show is fucking hilarious!
its like a kids version of futurama

Easton Scott
Easton Scott

Its decent at best /tv/, outside the meta episodes and Eggman, its fairly generic.

Lincoln Lee
Lincoln Lee

Anons still have not watched the show
Have some of you forgotten what fun was like?

Colton Campbell
Colton Campbell

Somewhat.

Christopher Davis
Christopher Davis

People tend to miss that.

Dominic Rodriguez
Dominic Rodriguez

Could be sweden.

Robert Rodriguez
Robert Rodriguez

Ah I see. I only knew of her when she did sexy Latino voices.

Jack Price
Jack Price

Anything notable?

Bentley Ward
Bentley Ward

I guess Lady Jaye from GI Joe Renegades.

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

You mean fucking dead

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

Will this cheer you up a little?

Elijah Butler
Elijah Butler

Thanks, i needed that.

Aiden Sullivan
Aiden Sullivan

it's funny every time. thanks, user.

Elijah Allen
Elijah Allen

nobody posts about politics in social media
Can I move there?

Isaiah Cruz
Isaiah Cruz

8:45
no spring chicken

Christian Roberts
Christian Roberts

The entire gag is "oh wow, the dumb guy said something smart".

Daniel Adams
Daniel Adams

or,
even the dumb guy outsmarts the feminist

Xavier Edwards
Xavier Edwards

Amazing

Julian Diaz
Julian Diaz

Its even weird to see people over at Polygon creaming themselves over this progressive moment just because Knuckles ended his phrase with "I am a feminist". Like everything he said was a rebuttal to the stupid shit feminist spews, but because he identify as one, they are praising him for it. What the shit.

Adrian Watson
Adrian Watson

Through the Microscope, objects are either super cool or totally disgusting
#18 appears

Is this a legal age reference?

Jordan Cox
Jordan Cox

Subtle

Jace Wilson
Jace Wilson

Context?

Mason Rivera
Mason Rivera

Got any more?

Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis

absolutely no self awareness
the whole of Holla Forums could arbitrarily declare themselves feminists and carry on with the usual discussion unaltered and the regressive left would lawd us as a bastion of progress
they don't actually give a shit about the message so long as the right label is attached

Samuel Parker
Samuel Parker

I had a feeling thats all the feminists cared about was the label.

John Green
John Green

In the end, it's about feeling like you're a good person and you're doing the right thing. You don't actually have to understand the intricacies or implications of anything you claim to support.

Juan Walker
Juan Walker

What the fuck. The animation has improved massively

Christian Powell
Christian Powell

upper body only

Cooper Bennett
Cooper Bennett

Is this legit?

Jordan Peterson
Jordan Peterson

it sure is

Landon Allen
Landon Allen

I dont know what to think anymore! Someone tell me what to think now!

Hudson Moore
Hudson Moore

Mombot? Like the Twitter milf?

Logan Harris
Logan Harris

Eggman build his own semen demon THICC mombot to pamper him.

Cooper Walker
Cooper Walker

It wakes you up potato clock
this pun made my sides ascend back in time

Ryan Scott
Ryan Scott

I dont get this one.

Camden Butler
Camden Butler

Only 1 time I have ever heard "Elelator" in anything, was a short Tiny Toons Adventure skit. Especially Elelator Up and Elelator down.

That seat isn't called an Elelator. Nor is the elevation tool called an Elelator. I am more than sure it is a Tiny Toons Adventure homage.

Josiah Nguyen
Josiah Nguyen

Thanks.

Juan Hughes
Juan Hughes

Seriously, why do you randomly bring up /tv/?
I know the board is shitty, but it's as harmless as /b/ is, yet it somehow became you gay little boogeyman.
You're autistic as fuck.

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

upper body workouts
exclusively
/fit/ heh

Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson

elalator UP
>I'll-a let 'er DOWN

William Ross
William Ross

What even is this show
Shit.

Isaac King
Isaac King

the show has entertaining, if most of the time predictable, plots and occasionally absolutely brilliant writing

Sebastian Hughes
Sebastian Hughes

so is he double woke or reverse woke? Ewok?

Camden Richardson
Camden Richardson

No, he's just a normal feminist doing what feminists always do: bitch at other feminists for not being feminist enough.

Lucas Wood
Lucas Wood

Holy fuck. i lost it

Nolan Garcia
Nolan Garcia

it's called "equalism" so obviously it means all these exaggerations I just made up

Oliver Martinez
Oliver Martinez

God damn

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

actually, squat and deadlifts

Angel Rodriguez
Angel Rodriguez

That wouldn't make sense when his legs are so skinny.

Sebastian Brooks
Sebastian Brooks

i actually dont get that one
is it funny cause of the guy in the costume?

Matthew Price
Matthew Price

Sonic goes into deeper and deeper happy places when stressed, and when woken up by an alarm has an Inception-style multi-phased awakening as he returns to awareness. He actually goes "one too many", revealing that the entire show is in the head of a costumed autist pretending to be Sonic to escape his real life.

Nicholas Russell
Nicholas Russell

equalism
So like Amon and the equalists.

Jordan Cox
Jordan Cox

Sonic being bothered by an OC

Parker Gutierrez
Parker Gutierrez

The joke is ruined right away by the fact that Sonic and his friends need to ride a car and that Sonic even has a license despite the whole purpose of Tails is flying/ driving him around.

Nicholas Turner
Nicholas Turner

Amazing, the show is written by Trumpists.

Jaxson Wood
Jaxson Wood

I thought the writers were French?

Joseph Lopez
Joseph Lopez

The extra joke is that that's actually his voice actor.

Samuel Morgan
Samuel Morgan

Social media is worldwide, though.
If you were to move there, there'd still be people who didn't. Rather than freeing yourself, you'd just be removing your voice from the game of rude.

John Gray
John Gray

Is it just me or does he look like Pepe?

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

Give them a 100 more episodes.

James Morgan
James Morgan

Neat

Evan Walker
Evan Walker

/fit/ also makes jokes about chicken legged fags that skip leg day.
Or at least they used to, I haven't been to that board in ages.

Josiah Gonzalez
Josiah Gonzalez

responding to a retard trying to stir shit
stop
pls

Nolan Carter
Nolan Carter

There's people but its slow and cancer from /tv/ is regularly purged. Its one thing to joke around about legs, height and abs, but when there's retards who do nothing but that, it ruins everything.

Josiah White
Josiah White

come back to Holla Forums after extended break
still talking about the shit that passes for comics and cartoons in CY+2
Holla Forums still hates itself for not being able to prevent the New52 and whatever the fuck we're calling the current Marvel bullshit
It's not your fault
No, really, it's not your fault
Oh, you bought some comics and watched some shows?
Yeah, it's totally your fault
still those cunts ad revenue is a sin unto your childhood

I've cancelled the cartoon package. No more Cuckalodeon, no more Cartoon Network, no more fucking anything. I won't pay for animated movies, I won't watch live action bullshit like Star Wars or Star Trek or Marvel/DC movies. Nothing from after 2004 will I peruse. Those (((fucks))) won't see a thin dime of my fucking money, and if you're all smart, you'll do the same thing instead of complaining about the shit you're funding by watching and reading.

resumes extended break

Colton King
Colton King

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Ethan Turner
Ethan Turner

Wrong thread kid.

Jordan Hall
Jordan Hall

No they're american.

Daniel Martinez
Daniel Martinez

If they even get a season 3.

Asher Clark
Asher Clark

Some of the writers are from New Jersey actually. Explains why that robot episode had the robot town named after a Jersey town as a joke.

Alexander Jenkins
Alexander Jenkins

So has a season 3 been announced?

James Cruz
James Cruz

Oh, i can't tell whether thats a good or bad thing.

Asher Cooper
Asher Cooper

This show is great.
if someone with proper software cared to cut the last 0.5 second I'd be very grateful

Nathan Hill
Nathan Hill

Did anyone have the webm where Knuckles freaks out about the liberal arts degree form the new episode?

David Taylor
David Taylor

Something interesting to note is that this episode was written by a fan-comic writer that ended up doing some stuff for Archie.

Try the post directly above you.

Adrian Martin
Adrian Martin

I'm impressed the jokes are pretty good

Carter Morris
Carter Morris

Bump

Thomas Diaz
Thomas Diaz

sonic and knuckles really don't look expressive enough in that .webm, maybe tails too but I'm not sos ure
the dialogue I wont complain about though; I'd actually wanted to .webm it myself

Ryan Gomez
Ryan Gomez

Some Anons on /v/ dumpex a number of new webms of the show did any of you save them?

Jace Murphy
Jace Murphy

They're decent can't say the same for the just of the episode.

Jonathan Mitchell
Jonathan Mitchell

Knuckles is simply egalitarian. The idiotic aspect is that he thinks it is feminism.

Incorrect. Feminism has always been gynocentric. Knuckles is simply an egalitarian buying into the lie that feminism is about equality.

Dominic Morgan
Dominic Morgan

I'm surprised Sonic Boom is actually a good show

William Turner
William Turner

The ones I'm seeing here are total hamfisted shit only good for a cheap laugh. Quick, effortless quips at current events. Just looks like writers taking the piss because they got stuck with a bad franchise. This is a kids show anyway, so I shouldn't judge otherwise.

Liam Lewis
Liam Lewis

Well he is sort of a big dummy.

Anthony Wilson
Anthony Wilson

equalism
So like Amon and his followers?

Anthony Rodriguez
Anthony Rodriguez

Thats the joke.

Ryan Cox
Ryan Cox

bump

Jackson Sanders
Jackson Sanders

For what reason?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit