Jem and the Holograms Thread

Has anyone else here watched Jem? I started watching it recently and it's pretty damn good.

Yeah I started watching it a while ago on Netflix and its pretty good. The animation is QUALITY tier at times though.

Wasn't there a thread about Jem and the Holograms last night? Where did it go?

I prefer Priss and the Replicants tbh fam.

I don't see it in the catalog, so I guess it got deleted.
Back on topic, what are your guys' favourite songs and which band do you like the best?
If it's not the Holograms, you're wrong.

Specifically it was a thread about where Eric Raymond falls on the new scale

Holograms
Twilight in Paris

Also liked the one song by Ashley and the Starlights (almost seems a pity they didn't run with Ashley's pipedream as a longterm plot)

The Limp Lizards!

I didn't like Ashley that much, so I didn't mind them dropping that potential plot. I would've liked more to have come from the Kimber/Stormer team up, myself.

Fuck you crazy Jerrica and your dead dad.

Webm version

Hey, I call it like I see it.

Fuck you your head-canon isn't real.

lol it is now
and just look what the current year Kimber and Stormer look like

You faggots deserve this.

Don't remind me that comic exists. I remember when the movie came out and everyone hated it only for most of them to shill for the comic even though it was just as bad.

I didn't even know this existed
I wish i had not seen this

I'd heard the comics shipped them, and that can go either hot or current year progressive, but holy fuck I had not heard about Stormer's weight problem. Mary just let herself go

Fuck yeah I'm glad someone else has some taste. I watched Jem for the misfits specifically Stormer

Stormer deserved so much better

What the fuck is this shit?

I can't even imagine what the rest of them look like

brace yourself

they couldn't even keep Jetta white
and the artist clearly doesn't understand the difference between punk and glam

Why'd they make half of the Misfits into landwhales?
Is this comic official in any capacity? Or just the doodlings of a deranged tumblrite?

aw shit, didn't even realize it til just now. They fucking kept Jetta but removed Raya. I wonder if this could be twisted into the comic author supporting the wall

it's the IDW official comic
they also thickened Aja and Shana

meanwhile, Eric Raymond is now damned handsome and not at all sleazy looking

The love triangle between Jerrica/Rio/Jem is really weird. Rio is casually cheating on Jerrica and Jerrica is fully aware of this but doesn't say anything

It's almost as if she enjoys cucking herself with her alter-ego.

Rio was surprise-kissed by Jem after saving her and never figured out how to end it. He's basically in over his head.
Meanwhile, Jerrica could fix the whole thing if she casually became Jem right in front of him for whatever pretense and responded to his surprise with "don't tell me you didn't know" or "didn't I tell you?"

Kimber's into dudes, but because she and Stormer sang together for one episode, a ton of shippers saw that and started squee-ing "OTP!" and years later it turns out one of those shippers ended up getting handed the job to write the new Jem comic.

I guess is time to finally watch it and pick a waifu

Sadly, yes. It's by IDW.

Have fun. If you don't pick Stormer or Aja, you don't have taste.

So who exactly are IDW? The show was originally made by Hasbro. IDW may have acquired the rights to Jem, but that doesn't make it very official in my eyes.

Aja is barely a step above background character. The only choices for waifus are Stormer or Kimber. Everyone else is objectively worse.

We all know Techrat is the best waifu

You might as well say Jerrica's the best if you're willing to go for Kimber.

Best girl is actually Ba Nee.

FTFY since I'm the OP of that thread

God, two of them are fat?

Diversity!

As an aside, the creator said in an interview that if the show had gotten another season, Techrat and Minx would have hooked up

Ah, thanks. I'd meant to type Jew but was on my phone at the time. Thrice-accursed auto-correct and all that

How the fuck would that have happened?

I never really never saw this show nor read the comics, but I found that character extremely hot

Minx shows interest in computers at some point in season 3 and doesn't hate him

Also, in the same context, I don't dislike fat characters when they look aesthetically pleasant, I just dislike the fact of making them fat for the sake of progressivism.

Do you know why your thread was deleted? Either you deleted it yourself or the janitor deleted for the mere mention of jews, and the latter pisses me off immensely. This is Holla Forums, making fun of those filthy hook noses is our right. One of this board's banners is Donald Duck reading Mein Kampf for fuck sake.

MAN THE HARPOONS

Those first two pics are alright but the last one is a whale, as is the comic version of Stormer. Seek help.

Nope.

Most likely.

Damn right. We have to root out and purge the Redwoods in our moderation team.

Of course they are fat, but they are "cute" fat, which is that style of chubby where they aren't that chubby and are just sort of rounded and bubbly.. instead of being a sagging lump of crap with pallid, greasy skin.

I deleted it because when you start a thread with "Where does Eric Raymond fall on the Jew scale", you're going to get a thread that bitches more about kikes instead of bitching about cartoons.

Holla Forums is for bitching about comics and cartoons. If you want to bitch about Shlomo, there are boards for that.

There's nothing really wrong with it. I do admit that there are fat girls that are absolutely horrid and disgusting, but some are ok. I admit the last one is kind of an stretch, but the other 2 aren't really fat nor chubby.

This user pretty much gets me.

Does all Janitors use those pics or just you? I think Holla Forums Janitors are pretty cool, although with little to no job.

Shouldn't you be rotting in prison for child abuse and attempted murder?

They're fat, raise your standards.

That's interesting, because I was once banned for telling someone they weren't on Holla Forums here. Is there any consistency to Holla Forums's mod policies?

Did you bother reading the thread before overreacting? It was mostly discussion about Jem and the Holograms with one or two posts talking about other cartoon characters and aspects that made them qualify as jewish. That's as on topic as it gets for Holla Forums.

I really appreciate you taking the time to be transparent about this, but next time read the thread before jumping to conclusions.

Hasbro uses IDW to make comics, but yeah, that shit is not canon.

FIFY

Isn't there a live action film of this coming out?

It already earned several numbers.

Holy shit, I never even knew that crap came out.

Most people didn't.

You've both misunderstood. I'm saying the artists consider drawing the character looking slightly wider and rounder than other characters is the same as representing an oppressed fatty. This is an attempt to virtue signal and show "diversity" but the artist chose to do it in the lamest way possible. They drew the fat characters the way fat women on deviantart draw themselves: looking only somewhat chubby, and extra cute and pretty and dressed up so nicely in cute clothes.

They want people to acknowledge some aspect of reality, that fat people exist and they can be anything and so on.. but they did it in the least sincere way possible, because the kind of fat people who whine about a lack of body diversity or who say we need more fat superheroes, always draw "cute" fat, instead of accepting reality and drawing these characters with any level of accuracy or acceptance of reality.

I did understood at the beginning, and I still agree with you. Regardless of what kind of propaganda the author tried to shove in, the fact of the person being attractive despite being fat is a fact. You say it as if there aren't attractive fat women, but it's also true that there are far more ham beasts and landwhales. In a way they achieve their objective, these characters can be used as an excuse to accept an ugly fat woman, but you can just compare them ans state how dishonest the whole thing is.

At the end of the day, I just like attractive looking females, and that character in that comic is. Now if she was drawn as most fatties are, I wouldn't find it hot.

Oh, there are fat girls that are cute and skinny girls that look horrendous. It's not a matter of it there are or not, but virtue signally, SJW/Feminist trannies have a really bad habit of sugarcoating their repulsive existence. The cute chubby girls usually aren't on their side, because they take the minimum steps to take care of their bodies and don't accept the body positivity and fat acceptance narrative that a pock-marked, lumpy, saggy, stretchmark covered obese woman is just as sexy as any supermodel, and it's society's (men) fault that everyone thinks they are ugly.

That lunatic from the Sex Toy comic did one of her retardedly long strips about how disgusting ugly bodies are actually totally sex, and it's just as nauseating as it sounds. Because when they talk about fat girls being cute or having a certain appeal, like you or I might think when talking about some of these women , they are actually talking about the kind of women in these pictures here.

In short: Hypocrisy. They say these women are beautiful, healthy at any size, etc.. and then they go draw an ever so slightly rounder character, and that's their idea of "fat representation"

If only it stayed that way for everyone else.

Holy shit that atrocity cost $5mill to make?
Where did all of it go?

WTF!!!?

That's peanuts in todays money for making a film. Though in answer to your question, Dwayne Johnson cameo probably

I heard the movie doesn't even have The Misfits in it, what could it even be about if it doesn't have the main antagonists?

It's a generic band movie. They try to have an antagonist in a genderbent Eric Raymond, but it doesn't work well at all.
And the Misfits are technically in it, if you count an after credits scene that tries to set up a sequel.

That sounds terrible. I don't get the genderbend either, sounds very unnecessary honestly.

making a woman the villain both empowers women and makes it appear as though women can be evil (ironically a notion SJWs rail against)
unfortunately, her most villainous act was giving 4 teenage girls a shot at stardom THAT BITCH

Isn't it sad, user?

Stingers>Misfits>A bag of shit>The Holograms