FreeBSD releases new Code of Conduct

Incredibly cucked. Similar to Rust's CoC.

archive.is/rMnfv

Diversity is a huge strength and is critical to the long term success of the Project. To that end we have a few ground rules that we ask people to adhere to. This code applies equally to everyone representing the FreeBSD Project in any way, from new members, to committers, to the core team itself. These rules are intended to ensure a safe, harassment-free environment for all and to ensure that everyone feels welcome both working within, and interacting with, the Project.
This document is not an exhaustive list of things that you should not do. Rather, consider it a guide to make it easier to enrich all of us and the technical communities in which we participate.
This code of conduct applies to all spaces used by the FreeBSD Project, including our mailing lists, IRC channels, and social media, both online and off. Anyone who is found to violate this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from FreeBSD Project controlled spaces at the discretion of the FreeBSD Code of Conduct Committee.
Some FreeBSD Project spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules. Harassment includes but is not limited to:

Comments that reinforce systemic oppression related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
Unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
Deliberate misgendering.
Deliberate use of "dead" or rejected names.
Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they're not appropriate.
Physical contact and simulated physical contact (e.g., textual descriptions like "*hug*" or "*backrub*") without consent or after a request to stop.
Threats of violence.
Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
Deliberate intimidation.
Stalking or following.
Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
Sustained disruption of discussion.
Unwelcome sexual attention.
Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
Deliberate "outing" of any private aspect of a person's identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
Publication of non-harassing private communication without consent.
Publication of non-harassing private communication with consent but in a way that intentionally misrepresents the communication (e.g., removes context that changes the meaning).
Knowingly making harmful false claims about a person.

Other urls found in this thread:

article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.advocacy/5404
thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.advocacy/5404
twitter.com/randileeharper/status/535151831027302400
lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-advocacy/2015-July/004555.html
sourceforge.net/projects/ar816xopenbsddriver/files/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_slavery
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_slavery#/media/File:Modern_incidence_of_slavery.png
forums.freebsd.org/threads/is-the-community-become-fragile.64690/
lwn.net/Articles/712308/
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/02/17/0826206/freebsds-new-code-of-conduct
svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325828
mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/18/msg032672.html
freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/Re-who-wrote-this-td4249321.html
mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/19/msg032699.html
mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/20/msg032744.html
mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/19/msg032702.html
netbsd.2816.n7.nabble.com/PR-52735-CVS-commit-src-games-fortune-datfiles-td371729.html
9front.org/coc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/g/ TIER THREAD, HIDE AND IGNORE

who fucking cares, use OpenBSD dumbass

BSD confirmed soyboy OS.

article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.advocacy/5404

we need a soyboy genocide. They're the ones that facilitate this shit.

thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.advocacy/5404

The slow demise of this project has begun.

movies, video games, comics, F1 racing.
what made you think tech was immune?

Nobody thinks that. We all know that no high-paying job is immune, kiddo.

If there's an objective way to measure the progress of FreeBSD before and after this CoC, it would be amazing.
Like the relation between the number of contributors and features implemented. Or # of contributors and bugs fixed.

We would see features and bugs fixes being stable or even going down as the number of contributors goes up. Never let politically correctness take root in your project.

>From: Randi Harper
campaign for what he thinks is going to work, because he knows I was asked
by core to keep things quiet. He's continuing to target and harass women,
however, myself included. This will be my single post on the matter on this
mailing list, because this is not the right place to air FreeBSD's dirty
laundry, despite him repeatedly trying.

these people get around, don't they?

kek

Kind of a shame. It was the most Linux-y of the BSDs.

it's like you hate security

(checked)
What about OpenBSD?
I never used FreeBSD, but OBSD is really simple.

All the major BSDs are Monolitic like Linux. They just don't even have a third of the drivers packed in.

FreeBSD almost feels like a Linux distro from 2010.

twitter.com/randileeharper/status/535151831027302400

Cuck license indeed

You know what the soyboy fears? Chad. We all have to become Chad and make tech manly. It doesn't matter we you are a "y-you too" awkward autists, the appearance is enough of a deterrent.

lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-advocacy/2015-July/004555.html

the project,
few hundreds.
values keeping female contributors around despite their behavior over male
contributors doing actual work

Yes, soyboys! Ostracize perfectly good contributors because a femen said so! The project will be healthier and more inclusive!

We should support more alt-tech initiatives. I for one am subbed to /r/degoogle and /r/MozillaInAction. Inb4 >gb2 leddit

Define "tech", you dumb fag.
And no, it certainly isn't.

saying this doesn't make you any less of a faggot

wasn't freebsd founded by an aggressive faggot hitting on someone closeted?

This is even worse than the Github shit aka contributor's covenant. Well done, BSDcucks I hope the three other BSDs won't get pozzed.

Hahahaha!
What next, cuck logo?

>>>/out/

the alternatives aren't much better

source?

Another victim of this fucking infection, how many projects needs to be destroyed to realize that is a fucking scam? how many?

heres the final frontier as a bonus

FreeBSD has been SJW central for many years already. Ramming a CoC up their asses is just an insignificant symbolic recognition of preexisting reality. It doesn't change anything.

Maybe Dragonfly BSD will get some more developers now.

That's why it was shit. If it's practically like linux why not just use linux instead?

So what out there is feminist retardation free? NetBSD? CloverOS? What can I install on my computer that does not promote this retardation?

It's not OpenBSD, who gives a shit.

Why can't I just use technology that isn't infected with AIDS?

who cares what licensecucks do?

But you can? Nobody is forcing you to use FreeBSD any more than they're forcing you to suck Tyrone's cock in a gay bar gloryhole.

lol

Big picture - why wont they leave us alone? Why can't I sit in my basement, play my silly games, watch my dumb anime, and play with my autismo unix-like operating systems and programming languages? Why do they have to inject their shitty intersectional politics into everything? I doubt there is a single woman in the entire world that genuinely likes Warhammer 40k, so why do they have to knock down the door and inject their gay ass feminist propaganda into the lore? Why do they need to harass WOTLC about making more diversity in the pre-baked settings and races? Why do they have to co-opt all of the localizers for JAP games and have them censor out parts of games? Why do they need to ensure that every harmless joke on IRC is blown way out of proportion? I took a look at that geekfeminism site. They are actively predatory. Asking users to seek out FOSS projects that do not have inclusive CoCs, witchhunting people who make sexual jokes at conferences, and generally forcing their shit on everyone. I just want to be left alone.

Big picture - it's Marxism in action, and either consciously or unconsciously they are all working towards the destruction of the western world and the erasure of history. Look at that fucking CoC. Look at how they talk about The Project like a Communist talks about The Party.

Anything that would be on-topic for this board, you dumb nigger.

How does this code of conduct affect you? Are you are a FreeBSD programmer?

Yes, but with more and more bars requiring you to suck the barperson for every drink getting a fucking beer requires you to either be a flaming faggot or go to bars in the other side of town and you still have to change it every other week because the gay is an all-consuming disease that's spreading faster every day and soon will be spreading so fast you won't be able to download a new distro before it gets CoC'd.

Propaganda. By removing all signs of normality they want to raise a generation of good goy faggots who believe hetero White men are the lowest caste and nigger trans amputees the highest, so that we end and they have easy-to-control slaves as their kosher book says they'll get. And it isn't just nerd hobbies, ads only show gay and mixed couples (try to count the ratio of normal and "diverse" couples sometime), movies and even "educational" programs try to pretend niggers were natives to Europe and even fucking Caesar was a nigger.

So it doesn't affect you then. It's just an imaginary slippery slope.

like lightning from clear skies

I dislike the idea that free software is a bunch of people working together to produce something. I do think this is what most cuck license users believe though. Free software is more about people sharing their changes to the software.
I don't like the idea that a committee has more power than the developers in a project. For a free software project the developers, though primarily the lead one, should have ultimate control over the project. Albeit there might be a committee or something that decides what they should be focusing on, the developers still have the power to not work on that thing.
What does this even mean? Is it talking about not talking about the names of previous, dead?, releases?
I'm not sure a document can make some fully control their sexual urges as people will probably still at least think about it.

If he wants he could also send a DCMA request to the project to have all his code contributions removed. Since he is the copyright holder of the code he wrote, he can revoke the project's permission to use it.

You can't do that retroactively. The license doesn't say "until I change my mind".

You can though. It's been done to even projects that were under the GPL. If the code he wrote was released to the public domain, or he relinquished his status as copyright holder then he could not do it.

There's a reason Linux requires sign-offs.
There's a reason FSF requires you to transfer your copyright to them.

I was going to install freebsd tommorow reeee

brainlet

Faggot, just look at what happened with Ruby. These COCs are power plays on the part of these faggots.

It's the name of trannies before they transition.

The Japanese motherfuckers saw right through their attempt to usurp power, though. Matz quoted literally the exact clause that allowed them to troll projects into banning contributors for wrongthink, and said he was not going to accept that.

Lucky for you freeBSD showed its colors before you installed it, now you can install TempleOS knowing there's nothing better.

Exactly. And look how Coraline Ada and her cohorts reacted when the Mormon Samurai BTFO's their attempt to shove their COC into his project. They practically demanded his magic underwear be put on a pike.

But, devil girls are best for mascot...

That'll have to change so FreeBSD becomes really inclusive. The she-devils are sexist and misogynist, they reinforce systemic oppression related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical appearance, body size, age, race, and religion and are gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they're not appropriate.

BSD DROPPED
DROPPED

You are braindead.

Wow Ruby. I don't agree about your opinion on Ruby but let's assume you are correct. How about the 10000 other projects with a code of conduct that have no effect on anybody? That's proof that code of conducts don't affect anybody.

another os with a cuck license

That gives me an idea! Lets make a bunch of lewd FreeBSD devil girls and spread them all over the place. Just to rile up all the right people.

You can sell GPL software.

This is the true enlightenment. All this faggot ass drama over control of open source projects should be enough incentive to close up shop and start making real use of those free bitbucket private repositories.

Cuck Coc

You can sell it once and then the source is posted online for free. Shitty idea. Keep it proprietary.

I have been using the free hosted gitlab repos. Private repos, free build server time, pretty nice.

It's easier to get paid for development, and in the case of some projects, selling swag.

W-Who is this cute piece of swag?

Yea all those open source projects bring in soooo much money right

I'm done. I'm done standing up for FreeBSD.

Alright now that I'm done with FreeBSD I guess my closest Linux equivalent is Gentoo? I know it's a meme and none of you actually use it, but is it relatively free of political correctness?

Krita does. Blender does. The fucking Linux kernel does.

Actually DragonBSD is probably the option for me, but it would be nice to know the closest Linux alternative all the same.

Yeah, you said it, teenbro!

Why not just move over to Net or Open BSD?

Hello, newfag~

I should look into NetBSD more thoroughly, as for OpenBSD I don't feel they focus on performance enough.

Are you implying that NetBSD is more "performance"-oriented than OpenBSD? What the fuck are you even on about, you imbecile?

Are you black? How is your reading comprehension that poor? I mentioned that I need to look into NetBSD more, I know very little about it's current performance characteristics, only that it's old goals were for portability.

Everyone involved in the project which supports this deserves to die in a fire.

I think you might be the nigger, here. "It's" current state is having literally been forked by OpenBSD. I don't know what the entails for "performance" capabilities; if you want some help, be more specific.

DOS
adapt or die fag

10x DevOps trannies developing for FreeBSD on a VM in MacOS, I might add.

Krita as a project brought in 75 thousand dollars last year. Thats below the average pay of even a single developer.

Blender got 65 thousand if I add up the current monthly * 12. Again below average wage of even a single developer. And these are way larger than must projects.

Lololol these projects are rolling in it for sure.

You're still darker than me friend, my apostrophe is far more excusable than poor reading comprehension. Anyways, I'll be evaluating Net and Open.

And you still haven't addressed your vague allusions to "performance", you idiot. I was being polite, and you still can't get your head out of your ass under the pretense of "looking into it", when it's literally a five-minute read on Wikipedia, you delusional moron.

Nigger, that's only if you coun't the crowd funds.

You'll find that in the real world, evaluation requires more than 5 minutes of reading Wikipedia. Jesus Christ.

I notice you're only counting the crowd funds and you fail to mention the Linux kernel.

DOUBLE TRIPS!

Find me a bigger number then faggots. No matter what it is i'm sure its 10x lower than average pay for the number of dev.

How about you post some benchmarks

Mozilla receives a few hundred millions every year.

Nigger, find it yourself. Krita and Blender both make enough to fund their own development, it's not my problem you're to lazy to look at anything besides crowd funds.

They make their money ramming proprietary search engines down peoples throats and injecting malware into web pages (mr robot).

The developers are cucks. They could make 10x more money selling their software. Instead they beg like losers.

Because SAI is raking in the money these days...

You have no idea how much sai makes

Next to nuthin'.

You're talking shit about both proprietary and free software in the same post?

The company that makes sai has a share price of $30 a piece , and a revenue of 1.6 billion. They are doing fine.

T-they're doing fine!

This board in a nutshell.

Yea everyone pirates games no way steam makes any more right.. right...

Software was a mistake.

go back to somethingawful

communism was a mistake

Yeah.

yea no money being made for sure

Yeah.

Yeah.

Yeah.

You must be new here. Kindly, go back to wherever you came from.

Guess again~

And you're fresh from /g/.

Oldfag here. We don't want you here.

Kinda too late for this guys. Libbs is already in the banner. And what kind of oldfag doesn't even know about kiki?

Too bad~ Tyson's mascots are part of Holla Forums culture. Don't like it? Fuck off back to /g/.

We know all too well

mascot threads are for g you sick fuck

That's nice.

/g/fag, Libbs became a thing here, partly because any thread mentioning her or the LO happening got shutdown on halfcuck.

You'd know, wouldn't you?

Oh, saifag got a lot better:

Or?

I-is that even a coherent sentence?

You are new. Go lurk more, newfag.

There are literally hundreds of these OCs made right here on Holla Forums, you're about to see them all~

The OC is not made here its posted by new faggot cancer like you

I can keep this up all night~

Whatever you say, newfag.

I'm starting to think you're just a bot... Oh well~

Yeah, this is a bot.

Iceloops, if this is you, you're banned from GNU Social.

all night long

If you insist~

all night long>>869102

you cant keep this up at this rate faggot

you will be done in minutes

What happened to this thread?

It is now a Libbie thread.

autism

The good kind~

Fitting dubs, considering where you came from.

Holy shit, D. I've never seen someone this fucking triggered.

Seriously, it's no surprise FreeBSD cucked out. How long was Randi fucking Harper almost running that place?

Actually, I'm bored. Holla Forums has been flooded with /g/niggers and reddit cancer.

Iceloops brought his bag of generic memes tonight, I see.

not enough whale

You should be happy, you've been asking for attention for this entire thread.

Openbsd is not suitable for high performance use.

I like how she still tries to pretend she isnt a land whale on twatter.

I thought the last exodus fizzled out?

The only BSD that made for a decent desktop was FreeBSD. TrueOS and GhostBSD are both derived from it for a reason.

I disagree. OpenBSD is way better for desktop usage due to its security-focused development. FreeBSD is better for high performance usage on web servers or for calculating stuff.

We may have different metrics for what makes a decent desktop. OpenBSD has me jumping through too many security hoops for day-to-day use. If you have the right hardware, FreeBSD is almost like Linux was before Systemd.

I dont recommend using FreeBSD as a way to simulate the old linux distros. FreeBSD is a BSD distro and works completely different from linux. Personally, I cant stand linux.
The OpenBSD "security hoops" are a feature and you should take them for granted. Crashing the kernel whenever something in memory is slightly corrupt is the correct way to handle personal computing security.

BSD and GNU/kernel minus systemd are similar as far as they go.

What's missing for my kind of desktop usage is namespace isolation (i.e. what jails and cgroups do) and virtualization support. Oh and a filesystem that supports subvolumes and snapshots. I'd love to use OpenBSD, but this is a killer for me.

Some still dare to say, *BSD isn't merely about Linux hating and larping.

not even once

don't use this shit either.

Thanks for proving him wrong.

If there's one thing web development faggots get right, it's automated and reproducible testing. Docker is perfect for that. Name an alternative thats as powerful yet simple enough that php monkeys can use it.

Try again. That docker image wont be buildable in 5 years.

Who gives a fuck about testing of software that hasn't been maintained for five years? And if your tests suddenly fail because the world has moved on, then so must your software.

The reproducible guarantee is correlated to the environment of the systems involved. There is no guarantee of reproducible builds in which the environments are diverse and non-conforming.

That "environment" includes the entire internet. Almost every docker build pulls down files.

So this is going to be banned now?

This.

(checked)
That doesn't make it any less useful for almost all use cases. If you actually need 5+ years of stable images (space engineering? nuclear power plants?), you build them completely from scratch and upload them to your own docker registry. Those will work for as long as you find hardware to run them on.

most real software is mostly maintenance

What makes you think they won't go after other targets next? It should be clear by now that the neoliberal camp wants complete control over the technology industry, and that includes any usable operating system being under corporate control and/or being PCSJWBBQ-infested. They can character-assasinate anyone who chooses to boldy stand in their way (as they have proven time after time). Other *BSD systems and systemd-less Linux distros are by no means safe havens - quite to the contrary, neoliberal assault on them is not a matter of "if", but "when".

“We recognize that peace will require compromise, but you can be confident in this: The USA will never compromise on the safety and security of the State of Israel,”

“Tomorrow, when I stand with my wife Karen at Yad Vashem to honor the six million Jewish martyrs of the Holocaust, we will marvel at the faith and resilience of your people, who just three years after walking in the shadow of death, rose up from the ashes to resurrect yourselves, to reclaim a Jewish future and rebuild the Jewish State.”
t. Mike Pence

Nixos, GuixSD.

These are not neoliberals these are communists. The SJW scum are not Reagan lol.

I am not a FreeBSD programmer,but you with this look the other way attitude are a fucking retard.

How does slavery effect you? Are you a slave? Did you get sold for too low a price?

It affects us all. Holla Forums is running on freebsd. If the best freebsd devs leave, then it directly affects Holla Forums.

Literally the second post I made in the thread.
I've used BSD for 14 days collectively. I'm not invested enough to post that much.

Your absurd flood of furry porn you provided proves that you are bored with the topic at hand.

Slavery doesn't affect me. If slavery exists today, it isn't going to last as a fundamental institution as it is outlawed everywhere.

I look the other way because it has no effect on me. Imagination is not fact.

A code of conduct isn't going to cause the best developers to leave. The only evidence of them leaving is in imaginations of people.

yfw the final battle involving words will be on git between some Finnish autistic kernel developer and hordes of mindless commies.

I'd pay to watch that. Based Linus will never fall back.

Even RMS is against them at a certain point. He's old-school leftypol; he wants a lot of the things they do, sure, but he respects the freedom of his fellow man too much to stoop to the shit SJWs do.

Please tell me there is an achive of Libby oc. I had to cut the internet after the second or third happening thread and have only recently been able to go online again.

She is a microshill and probably a codemonkey.

I am another poster, and regardless of that, the point those two posts illustrate is self-evident.

Okay.

Stopped reading there.

OpenBSD isn't for you if you want that stuff, unless you're willing to submit patches. The focus is more on security, correctness, and standards (like POSIX) than lots of features. Don't expect that to change anytime soon.
You could try Dragonfly BSD (their filesystem does everything you want and more), but the hardware support isn't any better. Actually OpenBSD devs dogfood their own OS, so if you have a Thinkpad, it'll probably run pretty sweet. But if you have buggy shit hardware like some laptop makers are pumping out these days, you could be in for a bad surprise.
And I don't know jack about NetBSD except that it supposedly still supports m68k, so that's kind of neat. Man if only I had about an Amiga 3000 instead of a 486...

I wonder if their shit can compile with -pedantic-errors at all.

I know, OpenBSD is its own purpose. Nothing wrong with that.

Looks like the meth whale finally got what it wanted.

The downfall of these opensource projects always seems to happen when they get budgets and money. That attracts the people who can't code and are there just for social issues. Linux, Mozilla, FreeBSD, etc etc.

OpenBSD has some money but thankfully Theo's harsh attitude and the project's structure keeps useless people and SWJ's from ever getting a foothold.

NetBSD is to small and has zero money. Nothing for hambeasts to leach off. Also it's seems like more and more key people in the project are Japanese. Fat, loud, ugly woman seem to have no affect over the nips.

Can't you extrapolate that to everything? I can't think of anything that got better with popularity.

Yes you are probably could apply this to anything that gets big and popular.. But I think it may happen much quicker in open source projects because the devs are to autistic/focused on what they are doing to actually see what is happening around them. Or they are to beta to actually tell a dumb cunt to fuck off. They just let themselves get walked all over.

Remember when Ghome went broke? It was discovered that the Woman's Outreach Program was the largest part of the budget. Mozilla is also leaded with these programs sucking the life out them. Stuff that has NOTHING to do with coding or software. Once it gets a foothold in a large protect it takes over like an infection.

That skeleton T-shirt looks quite nice.

I'm running a shitty laptop as a home server.
I just installed it and it happens to have the dreaded Atheros AR8161 ethernet port.
It seems that FreeBSD's ALC driver has support for it but not OpenBSD's.
Why is this? Can I apply the same FreeBSD patch to OpenBSD to make it work?

*I just installed OpenBSD over my FreeBSD install

In short, open source projects lack the barrier often seen in big business "you can only join if you're really useful to us".
The mentality is usually "It's open source, everyone's welcome! Come in!". This is like having a body without immune system and living in africa at the same time. Your life expectancy is beyond ridiculous.

Thankfully Torvalds protects Linux, but once he is gone, the kernel will goes with him. FreeBSD is already dead and half buried. You need someone with self-esteem and more testosterone than a Buzzfeed reporter to conduct a project.

There is. There was a torrent too. If any anons cant find it, I'll reupload the files to mymix.

sourceforge.net/projects/ar816xopenbsddriver/files/

I realize it's a shitty development that FreeBSD has a CoC but I don't think that automatically kills the whole OS. The CoC is actually a symptom of FreeBSD's success, the large corporate interests like Sony and Apple who control the project are probably more interested in making sure none of those Nazi frogs are obviously involved in "their" product more than anything. It's the corporatization of an open source / Free software project and one that we've seen over and over. Many developers can't resist the sweet sweet smell of cash.

FreeBSD will continue to be the OS of choice for a lot of people who need ZFS or other features which it has.

It doesn't kill the OS, only the spirit. The OS is next.

This is the start of a slow decline. And it will accelerate every time a contributor steps on a COC mine.

I don't think so. In Sony and Apple products, you can only know you're using FreeBSD if you're an enthusiast like us or read the product credits. And people don't give a fuck about that.

The case for FBSD is simple, it got popular, no one secured its borders to enter and evil took root. Now it's fucked, but at least you can fork it.

I realize it's a shitty development, but until we actually see some type of code quality decline it's not likely to affect people's decision whether or not to use the OS - excepting people on the fringes like us here, obviously.

It will be interesting to see what happens if and when some contributor violates the CoC, though. If the project ignores it even if there is SJW screaming, we might assume that they agreed to make a CoC but maybe enforcement isn't that critical. One can hope anyway.

I'm not so sure, and there are a lot of loopy glowdark trannies working at (for example) Google who know enough about technology to throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Perhaps a fork is the best solution, but unless your fork produced a useful amount of work, it'd be pointless. Why would I use your fork of old FreeBSD if you simply copy their repo and change the branding? This is the problem all forks have had to endure.

The tumor has already formed, it's only a matter of time until it spreads. Only a matter of time until SJWs start fucking things up.

I agree and I admit I'm not competent enough to fork a project such as this and improve it, but at least I'm not trying to ruin it with unnecessary political efforts and involving useless people.

We'll see, I hope that this doesn't turn out to be true. The real measure will be the code of course, and if they start in with heavy-handed tactics on contributors.

Well I can't say I approve of this move either. I wonder if there was some ass blasted flame war between contributors or if this was just imposed as one of the strings attached to project funding.

People put up with blue haired HR PC shit at work because they have to. They need their jobs.
Open Source projects are majority volunteers. Its simpler to just move on to something else rather then deal with the nonsense. Just avoiding sjw landmines going forward isn't enough.You might have already stepped on on that landmine years ago.It's trigger just waiting to be discovered. The most notable example of this is Brendan Eich.

Sadly that doesn't take into account the momentum that projects have built up. Eich's browser has failed to take off and is spyware. Firefox, at least, can be totally de-botnetted still to this day unlike almost every other browser.

Or a deepfake.

To be fair, once all of software sets down a simple one line policy of not being mean to niggers or grabasstic with bitches, Holla Forums will start pretending to only use pre-2000s firmware like TI-BASIC for the ti994a, and automobile ODBII firmware, the way they do with BSD now.

You could use that argument against anything NOT Windows though.

there's nothing wrong with memeing plan9 though

Please go stick your head in an aligators mouth. There are cases where people did this and weren't harmed, so you should be fine.

They'll try and take him down dirty rather than a straight fight. ESR said a few years back that they were trying to #MeToo him already, but that he's also aware of the threat and is taking precautions. But there may be other avenues they'll explore presently or in the future.

SJWs are assuredly liberals because they adhere strongly to the idea of the Market, of individualistic pursuit of lifestyle. They believe in money, and they hate the poor, and they despise the worker. They are merchants, whores.

Actual IRL communists are conservative by every measure, except the institution of stratified class under a monarchy/oligarchy.

At BEST SJWs are Social Democrats. Social Democrats in Weimar Germany killed Rosa Luxemburg. Actual communist jew, because she was a ringleader in a communist revolution in Social Democratic Germany.

Crack a fucking book now and again, Paul Joseph Watson.

You fucking retard, slavery is rampant globally.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_slavery

If you live in any major cities, you have actually SEEN literal slaves and not known it, because it's everywhere, just like fentanyl and bad taste in music.

what the fuck are you talking about, even Ubuntu has ZFS now.

Not even that. ZoL has always been a thing, it's simply that Ubuntu now ships with ZFS.

you got that from reddit

holy fuck i remember that artstyle from the original libreoffice mascot post on /g/, are you the same guy?

Which means: flirting while ugly.

Daily reminder that soy boys are currently footing the bill for Ms. Harper's meth habit to the tune of $2,292 USdollarydoos per month via Patreon.

Not only are these soy boys passively cucking out, but they are paying through the nose to make it happen.

Zoe Quinn is still receiving $2,173 per month

Brianna wu is only getting ~$850 on patreon now but couple years ago it was like $3K

A lot of actual programmers barely make that. I'm a sysadmin and in NZ and I don't make the equivalent of that. And that's just their patreons.

Dub-dubs~ That would be Saifag's work. More recently, he's done the Godot tan:

Funny thing is, technically, that shirt violates the new COC.

Too chubby to be a meth head. Probably kratom and weed.

uhhh maybe if you work in a shit country. average programmer pay is 120 grand yearly westcoast usa

Meth was a historical thing.

I took a look there and most comments, and the most upvoted, seem to be going against this SJW crap.

lololo not likely those "20 million slaves" are in africa now new york

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_slavery#/media/File:Modern_incidence_of_slavery.png

*not newyork

Yes, because "We need quotas for blacks and women" is really an idea for free market

According to them there is no person, only labels. You either is a oppressor (basically, white) or oppressed (everyone else), that is not individualistic.

Which is made through magic and must be shared among everyone not white.

They believe their doctrines help the poor, but actually fuck them up.

Only if he's white.

Let me tell you about our lord and savior the federal reserve

It's quite the laffs lads
forums.freebsd.org/threads/is-the-community-become-fragile.64690/

lwn.net/Articles/712308/
You are all a bunch of idiots if you think it's about SJW shit. It's about power hunger within maintainers with a fancy topping.

Same difference.

Wouldn't they have known git was designed to a handle a codebase as large as Linux.
They use this phrase like it's synonymous to switching to git.

Disgusting.

Well literally everything is rape now so...

if you cant follow a coc long enough to submit a pull request you just might be an genuine asshole and the reailty is nobody wants to work with you anyway which is probably you dont have any friends

you follow too many cocks around, and you can't stop pulling them either
sage for shitpost

Comments are cancerous but i did enjoy some fruitbowl communigger soy get rekt in the most polite way possible

What the fuck is that thing? A troll?
Is that the best model FreeBSD can afford?
The software industry really needs to compare notes with the automotive industry.

You're quite the optimistic. The girls you posted were hired because they look good (the third one anyway), not because they were the only girl willing to dress up for a bunch of nerds for free. Linux could afford girls (although imagine the whining it'd create, it'd be hilarious), OSes with fewer than 5 users can't.

CoCs are the stupidest shit since licensing. it's like their competing to find out who is the biggest homosexual autist

this is part of that khazar milkers plan ain't it

We actually use it and yes it's free of political correctness. It's even got a USE flag for it. +offensive

Has anyone ever really given the idea of what happens with Torvalds is no more a lot of thought?

Red Hat and Android will both be on that Unix clone in Rust by then. Linux will be for autists and the Chinese.

Take your meds.

I remember this guy. They made his dress and act like Marilyn Monroe.

yro.slashdot.org/story/18/02/17/0826206/freebsds-new-code-of-conduct

only 2 comments so far

When its convenient, such as posting on a conservative message board. Kill yourself pinko faggot.

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

That's not, but injecting ads by default can be.

I think the part the bothers me the most about CoC's is that if you need a _formal_ set of rules on how to write emails; you're just going to attract litigious assholes. "Well technically blah blah blah was racist because blah blah blah". Formality is antithesis of open discussion.

similarily, if you have to write a CoC you are probably socially akward as fuck and have no friends
also >>>/reddit/ is that way

I respect your reichdubs but a woman on the attractive side of average > a hot/sexy basketcase

m8, are you alright in the head? You can say no to all of these (the last one not really), but to deny that these parasites are always hedonistic and value pleasure even higher than their equality god is ignorance.

So did gamergate win? I stopped keeping up with it. The article makes it sound like it didn't. I respect LWN a lot when they write about Linux and its internals and politics, but this is another matter entirely. I guess it's possible that they're avoiding the twitter mob.

I don't expect to actually pick up one of these models.But if your going to hire a model to stand next to your product or hang out at a booth at least get one that isn't completely busted.

sure thing bud

Where did you see anything about identity politics, tardo? Unless you think that hedonism doesn't imply individualism, try to say something other than meaningless meme arrows.

GamerGay didn't win on the institutional side, no. No one outside of Cerno and fags had the balls to do anything meaningful on the institutional end to fight back.

GamerGay won the masses. SJWs won the institutions/systems. In warfighting, those who systemize have the advantage, sadly.

The fight isn't over, but people who want to stop the SJWs need to take the fight to institutions and they need to be relentless. And I don't just mean the right-wing politics-obsessed faggots. This has to be all institutions that the SJWs could conceivably go after or are currently occupying.

FreeBSD Girllll Powerrr!!11

If by masses you mean a fraction of the young male population that plays games. All the normies I know were at best gamergay agnostic, at worse incredibly anti.

Large fraction of a population that isn't just young and male that plays games.

But then again SJWs tend to make enemies naturally, so perhaps I'm just conflating multiple different groups as those that GamerGay won even if GamerGay didn't have any explicit involvement in those masses' hatred of SJWs.

I'm certified sane by the APA.

Good thing that isn't what it does.

Wew. I remember rubbing one out to this qt almost 2 decades ago. Haven't used FreeBSD in years, but it's still depressing to think how far the project has fallen.

What next? SystemD?

You know, eventually you have to suck it up and accept the fact that you're going to have to use things created by people with ideologies that don't match your own. This is meritocracy. Ideology does not matter. Only function. Only use.

Ideology isn't the problem, the problem is thought policing to prevent anyone with a differing ideology from contributing, even to the detriment of the project.
Except that when you import a bunch of SJW's and give them a CoC to beat people over the head with they quickly take issue with the ideas like meritocracy and instead demand special treatment based on race/gender/sexual preference/species/etc. claiming meritocracy to be racist/sexist/homophobic/bad for local wild life/etc. because too many of the best/most frequent contributors are white and/or male. These sorts of things are entirely a power grab, usually by outsiders, but some times by someone inside the project who wants justification to jetison contributors that call them on their own bullshit. Debian is full to bursting with SJW's, but their CoC doesn't contain this sort of thought policing.
It apparnetly matters to those pushing these kinds of CoCs.

No, that is meritocracy. If "The Project" no longer offers functionality, if it is no longer useful, then people will use something else. Not because of its ideology, but because of its function. You can sit here and imagine a million futures where everything goes wrong because of ideology, but that's nothing more than fantasy until something actually happens; and that's also what meritocracy is about -- reaction to concrete merit, not prediction of potential future merit.

Does that mean that a city that doesn't grow needs to be destroyed and rebuilt?

You can spew as much jew slime from your piehole as you want, but nobody here will fall for it.
You're acting like we have to use SJWBSD.
Just a harmless difference in color taste, go.. guys!
You can say that when FreeBSD gets an improved code that says the same.
Now, you're almost right about the USING part, but contributing isn't only giving useful code, it's also bug reports, port system maintenance and a lot more. You'll contribute if you use an OS seriously, and contributing means implicitly agreeing with this bullshit.

tl;dr shut up jewfaggot, you have no power here

Yes, the software world outside of the project is still a meritocracy, but that is really neither here nor there. Deliberetly jetisoning valuable contributions based on politics is in no way shape or form meritocratic no matter how you spin it, and that is what CoCs of this nature ultimatly are used for.
To those of us considering switching to a BSD, potential future merit is extremely important. It doesn't make sense to take the time to adapt to a new system if that system is showing warning signs of internal termoil that might lead to it's decline. It would be like choosing to switch to Slackware right after Patrick Volkerding dies.

not really, it just means you follow it long enough that you dont look like a dirtbag in front of a large group of people, i dont agree with the laws prohibiting public nudity, but for the sake of humanity and my own welfare, i abide by them...

Except many projects with CoC's of this nature also police and penialize contributers based on interactions and expressed views outside of the project. So to use your analogy this would be like getting nailed with public indecency for being nude in your own home, or for expressing a preference for being nude. I know that this does not mean that those in the FBSD project will allow it to be abused in this way, but given the leadership, I have little faith in that.

youre on an user image board right now, you shouldnt have a problem with using an alias to contribute to an oss project, unless you are only doing it for the notoriety, in which case, you should be posting your opinions on facebook instead anyway...

And if such a thing happens then people will stop using it, and ultimately it will die. That is what meritocracy is all about. It's the same kind of foundation that free-market capitalism runs on too. If your thing has no worth, it dies from simple lack of use.

Including open source projects I guess.

Re-read the first sentice of the text you quoted. How meritocratic the world is outside of the FBSD project is isn't what anyone is talking about. So either you are missing the point or trying to say that unmeritocratic pollicies aren't REALLY unmeritocratic as long as they aren't universal, which would require mental gymnastics good enough to qualify you for the special olympics. Add to that that CoC's like this are spreading, so it might not be long before they are very nearly universal.

Ideology is being used by incompetent retards to ban actual productive people from working on the things you use.

svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325828
mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/18/msg032672.html
freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/Re-who-wrote-this-td4249321.html

The responses to the netbsd mailing list post are at least partly sane.

you ARE hiding for fear of persecution, again look at where you are, you dont need to be ok with it, you just need to do it, just like following the the coc...

NetBSD4Life

Pic related nigger.

Being no-fun alone isn't enough for them, they just have to go out of their way to prevent anyone else from having any. It should be legal to shoot these cucks, there's no reason they should live.

Too bad they think the same exact thing about "white supremacists". It's almost as if you're two sides of the same coin.

You mean the same shekel. We aren't polar opposites though, as the Führer liked jokes but not lewd jokes.

Holy crap, what a prodigious faggot. Can anybody realistically imagine the true horror of a country run by these people, where breathing too deeply constitutes some kind of microagression toward women and their inferior lung capacity?

mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/19/msg032699.html

Another good post..
mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/20/msg032744.html

And yet it got them four hundred posts of free advertising. Must be smarter than you.

Since when is advertising on 8ch smart?

"There is no such thing as bad press, Eddie."
- Bela Lugosi [Ed Wood, 1994]

"Conquistador Coffee brings a new meaning to the word 'vomit'."

Try Sweden or Finland.

Huh?

mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2017/11/19/msg032702.html
Too bad he failed.

People wonder why there is so much violent crime.

NBSD devs are a bunch of shitlords.

And the HH quotes where put back.
netbsd.2816.n7.nabble.com/PR-52735-CVS-commit-src-games-fortune-datfiles-td371729.html

Current 9front CoC:

9front.org/coc

9FRONT CODE OF CONDUCT

1. When a distinguished but elderly programmer states that something is
impossible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something
is possible, he is very probably wrong.
2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to
venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Try reloading, the CoC changes each time.
Fucking hilarious.

9FRONT CODE OF CONDUCT

1) no heh
2) >get banned for greentexting

kek

Also their home page.

THE PLAN FELL OFF
meep, meep

If shit gets too pozzed up we can always use 9front. It'll run on basically anything, even truly ancient hardware, and you can cobble together a system out of different machines until you have enough CPU and disk to do what you want.

9FRONT CODE OF CONDUCT

To all of which I do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, without
any hesitation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind in me
whatsoever; binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having
my body severed in twain, my bowels taken thence, and with my body
burned to ashes, and the ashes thereof scattered to the four winds of
Heaven, that there might remain neither track, trace nor remembrance
among man or womyn of so vile and perjured a wretch as I should be,
should I ever knowingly or willfully violate this, my solemn
Obligation of a 9front user. So help me God and make me steadfast to
keep and perform the same.

9FRONT CODE OF CONDUCT
our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Shots fired, how will OpenBSD ever recover?