The 80s and 90s

What made them so comfy and blissful compared to the 2000s and the 2010s?

Is it possible to bring them back?

And please no
type answers.

Other urls found in this thread:

my80stv.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=FvZgtacVxuA
youtube.com/watch?v=lbI8aGagJC4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965
rcchonorshistory.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/for-immigration-restrictions-henry-cabot-lodge/
sott.net/article/244380-Beyond-the-Dutroux-Affair-The-reality-of-protected-child-abuse-and-snuff-networks-in-a-world-ruled-by-psychopaths
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_ritual_abuse
mrsitcom.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-story-of-7-11-video-shot-at-230am.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond
isgp.nl/Belgian_X_dossiers_of_the_Dutroux_affair_v1.1.php
youtube.com/watch?v=pLFqeXm_5X4
youtube.com/watch?v=aU4ehgnTjVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But muh childhood is the answer. Holla Forums and the 80s are just like Holla Forums and modern video games. No video games didn't magically go to shit after 2005 you just stopped being 14…

1) muh childhood
2) memory bias: you remember good things and forget bad. This works both on personal and on cultural level

I was actually a bit older than 14 in 2005 but regardless…

Ignoring my own memories, just look at movies or magazines from those eras.
It's obvious there was a very different atmosphere and energy going on.

Fuck off.

It's called Donald Trump

I have plenty of bad memories from back then. Like when a close relative of mine got diagnosed with cancer.

Again, that doesn't change anything about the obvious fact that the energy and atmosphere was completely different back then.

Thank you.

I'd rather bring back 1933 Germany.

Trump will bring the 80's back brother

Not at least faggot. Things were objectively better in the 80s and 90s because there were entertainment spaces not yet marked with the sign of the beast.

Take any kid watching meme spamming bullshit commie cartoons now and expose them to 80s and 90s games, cartoons, comics, music, movies (filter appropriately).

I think the basic model was two fold: things weren't so far gone that jews felt confident enough to emasculated everyone, and there were emergent art forms and art .arkets that demanded daring and creativity (Aryans). So mainstream stuff was bretty gud, and niche or new stuff was made only by white enthusiasts.

Just playet through some old arcade games or watch gi joe, it's all self improvement, pride, achievement, glory, authority figures being respected, etc.

The quality of artwork was higher too.

* You could still get ahead if you grafted. The fucking bankers hadn't stuck their blood-sucking mosquito snouts into every last thing.
* Less diversity, and it wasn't pushed in your face as hard as today.
* Degeneracy was kept to the shadows, where it belonged.
* The pop culture was less homogenous and less easily available, and much less fucking pozzed. You could still have your little 'le secret club' of something that you and your m8 were interested in without half-an-hour-on-tvtropes-made-me-an-expert casuals waltzing in.

Deep response I'm going to have to thing about all the points you raised.

I am I'm doing it with out nostalgia googles.

For me personally the 80s or 90s would be good enough (at least temporarily as a stepping stone).

100% agreed.

Maybe not 100% on topic, but something I've been thinking about lately is that it seemed like every decade up until the 1980's had it's own aesthetic. For example, I associate the aesthetic of the 1980's with neon lights and electronic music like in the video from OP.

I don't really have that sort of association with anything from the 1990's (much as I love them), the 2000's, or the CURRENT YEAR.

They did actually if you paid attention to them

And why do you keep posting music made after 2010 in your nostalgia thread.

And ice cream tastes better when your 10, I'm aware.

3 pics by accident and trips of 1.
The truth is clear, magic confirms

Again, it's not about nostalgia.

I took movies and magazines as a visual examples for the younger Holla Forumsacks who haven't lived through those times.

Good point, I'm drawing a blank as well.

Your wish I my command.

Hotline Miami > King of The Streets

It was a period of stabilization following a decade of marxism. Much of it was probably thanks to Reagan (even though he failed in the end).

And? You posted Mimi vice a black/white buddy cop show. I'll admit the 80s had some good movies but most of the 80s and all of the 90s were very strong with the BK kids club muh diversity shit, how old are you anyways?

There's still good stuff if you ignore mainstream kikery and look towards independent artists.

Synthwave music on youtube is good and has zero niggers and zero degeneracy.

There's also a lot of indie game creators who aren't pozzed up hipster faggots, and are making good games with no SJW influence.

Movies and TV are probably finished, though.

I posted the music since you didn't like me posting modern synth music.

But fair enough, I suppose this is more to your liking then.

Nice meme.

people who draw shit like that clearly didn't understand the movie. Sick of this crap. It's like when people use nazi symbolism to generalize "hate"

I was a working adult buying houses and raising children in the 80's and 90's. Your nostalgia is normal, and you should recognize that it's something every human being goes through. Yet the 80's and 90's should be looked on as the latest age of decadence. I compare them to the "Roaring 20's" that occurred just before the Great Depression.
Here are some REAL aspects of the 80's and 90's:

These are just a few things I remember off the top of my head.

The cold war ended and there was an extreme relief that it would be nothing but smooth sailing after that, especially with all the heavy breathing and constant crisis and threat of complete utter annihilation (remember all the nuclear drills you had as a child?) was thought to be over but the old guard against communism / marxism / leftism let its guard down and now we have to deal with the neocon trotsky commie worshippers in the "right" and we don't even need to get started on the left and of course they won the culture war even if we won in every other way. I feel bad for the CIA and MI6, they tried so hard to prevent this but there were so many blunders.

I I miss the weirdos, the kind of people who wanted their 15 minutes of fame and did something goofy when being interviewed or who walked by the camera shot. Nowadays it's more like they want to be a meme, rather than just doing iy because they're truly weird or doing it for shits and giggles.

I'm brown, but I really miss the normal, mild-mannered white families on TV. I always wanted to meet decent white folks if I went to Murrika, or good ol' boys, and I only got paisanos. And evem the paisanos and dindus on TV STILL tried to cling on to more tradicional values, as well as being honest and hardworking.

But I sure miss the weirdos.

The 80s had a kind of innocence to it (at least on the surface, which was all colourful and shit) but also a big imagination. I think it was the most creative decade of modern times in terms of creative expression. Also everyone was on coke.

Then the 90s fucked all that up by introducing nigger culture which really showed itself by the late 90s (early 90s were still great).

carl the cuck, aids skrillex, blm..

they're still there, only that now the politicians learned how to use them

those seem like 80-89

when did the internet era start? around 94?

Looks like another shillbot thread similar to the old Venice threads and "why were the 90's so cool" threads on cuckchan.

I got on the net in '93. I got my first PC in 90. The net didn't really take off until the late 90's, like '97 and '98. It was mostly just e-mail back then. AOL was the big thing, and everybody used modems. We held LAN parties after work to play Duke Nukem at the office in '96.

This is neo/pol/ look upon it and weep

Nah ice cream is better now than what i was used to eating back then.

This.

All of you fucking hipsterfags should know that things went to shit the moment Progs took over the government. Bam. That's it.

We have to go back.

American's in the 80's still had a sence of national pride. That started to wane after the cold war . The NWO's globalist and progressive ideaology took over till you have what you have now. Hopefully this is the End.

But yeah before the Jews did 9/11 people were much more ignorant and carefree for the most part.

The 90s was the beginning of the true PC era, and portraying it as some sort of golden age is ridiculous. All those A Wyatt Mann cartoons were drawn in the 90s, and they represent exactly what it was like.

Forgot video.

I associate the 90's with an aesthetic like out of a grungy black and white Nirvana video or something like the video to "Life is a Highway," or "Crazy" by Aerosmith. Having lived through the 90's as a teenager, I can't really explain it, but I can definitely see it when something is aesthetically "90's." 80's is easier to explain with neon lights and pink cars straight out of an arcade racing game, 90's too has its own aesthetic, just a bit too abstract to put into words.

The 80's was the time, actual red-pilled, especially pissed off young people took to the streets to fend off the first waves off immigrants.

Something youngfags nowaday frown upon as them just being skinheads.

I wouldn't wanna go back though, we coming closer and closer to the apocalypse. And fact of the matter is, things will get worse and crazier before our time has come.

Calm before the storm?

Actually, things were pretty nice through the 1990s all the way to the mid-late 2000s. The 1980s had been a rougher time - economic downturns, unemployment, the Cold War. The 1990s saw financial upswing, international peace; capitalism was going well. 2008 saw all that collapse again; stock-markets, banks, society, all collapsing. People turning to more radical ideas, both left and right. Economic chaos breeds social chaos.

By the way, this is also what Marx would say. Doesn't make it not true.

That picture is the purest form of cancer I've had to encounter on the internet so far

How about this?

I wonder how far into the future people will their nostalgia with them.

Will we have the kids of today reminiscing on their hatred of Donald Trump?

starwars is the worst thing to happen to sci-fi

they will probably remember the halcyon days where they weren't subsisting on feral cat meat in between hiding from facebook HK drones in the burnt out husks of strip malls in FEMA region 3

Capitalism works - as long as your credit card works.

anita is nothing more than an autist who cries about imaginary pixel "women" and doesn't even focus on all the things she claims to be against in other mediums of entertainment because she would be laughed out as the retarded autist she is. That's why she's only relevant in some autist medium. There are bigger problems in society.

early 00's

Cargo pants, white basketball sneakers, large t-shirts

Combination between rock & rap

also, myspace & IRC

nokia.

This right here. Not much more to say.

Freer, more innocent. More white.

People were ready to go on the up and up in terms of prosperity and creativity, I think. 9/11 was *the* first dose of cold water to shock everyone into submission. Everything that followed is a continuation of this trend.

There's a distinct difference between entertainment and propaganda passed as real entertainment. You aren't ALLOWED to have decent entertainment anymore. Because what does entertainment do? It informs the mind.

And we all know that good goyim don't need fresh, creative minds.

And it might seem redundant to type that out.. but the younger generation has no fucking clue what happened. What they see now is considered normal. All we can do is accurately summarize our understanding of what has changed, so other people may read it and understand.

I think that it is mostly due to good old nostalgia. It's a lost era with hazily remembered events that may or may not be viewed through rose tinted specs. We're all a bit more experienced and weather beaten since then and as such it becomes harder to be impressed and surprised by the new offerings of culture and the media.

However, I think that this is amplified by the internet being so central in today's world. It's much easier to see through the bread and circus aspect of a lot of today's popular culture. The more you see through it, the more you distrust it and reject it entirely. I think it's very likely that I'd be watching TV, eating fast food and thinking fondly of left wing values if it weren't for the internet. Ignorance can be bliss.

I think that companies have become better at using the media to appeal to the lowest common denominator, which may also amplify the nostalgia. If you can dominate the media with hype for a particular product or message, then a large proportion of the market will consume it. As long as it isn't much worse than mediocre, people will just consume it and move onto the next thing. This has been happening for a long time now, but I don't think that it used to be as rife as it is now. Where there was a competitive marketplace, it was more important for producers and consumers that a product was of high quality.

On top of that there are cultural shifts such as community identity fading away, the rise of globalism, the obsession with social media, increased multiculturalism and political correctness and less regard for freedom of expression, which make today's world bleaker to people like us.

Personal circumstances are going to shape your outlook more than anything though. If you had a tough time growing up through the 80s and 90s and you're currently making a success of your life, then you probably won't hark back to the good ol' days.

Wasted dubs. She is just part of a larger problem. The subversion of gaming so that it can be absorbed into the common core brainwashing methodology more easily. It's like that saying, alone they are merely twigs but together they create a mighty faggot.

Back then there was still bullying. If you acted like a faggot you got beat like one.

That picture is giving me cancer of the brain.

The cut-off year is 1996.

It was the year when culture changed to embrace the frivolous, like video embedded. Partying for party's sake, get money and fame for the sake of fame. The western world hasn't recovered since; the counter-culture became THE culture.

Before that, there was always a certain rebellion involved, an outlook to something better than already is, call it what you will. There was 'dangerous' music which was bad for the kids, whether it was rock, metal, glam. Hell, even gangsta-rap and pop had elements of virility, strength and positivism.

When the positivism of 80's rock paved way for the realism of 90's grunge and 'back to the roots'-vibe, there was still substance in the music itself. Simply an authenticity, you can even trace it in NWA.

1996 was the year of high production Hip-Hop-videos and style like the one embedded. While the simple party-songs existed before since time memorial, they haven't defined an era. Now they did.

The year was 1996.

I wouldn't say the 90s were good, it was second to the 60s as the moment that had a great expansion of cultural Marxism.

I do however believe that the 80s were the last great decade (a sort of throwback to the values of the 50s), when Americans were unabashedly proud of America.

I'm talking about the feel of the decade, more than the realities though, the neocohens were really wrestling hard against Reagan to take control of the government, assassination attempts and all.

I think they tied Reagan's back and allowed historic fraud on Wallstreet, so much that the cash that the tax-payer had to shell out to fix the broken markets due to the funny business in that decade was almost a trillion dollars.

Not to mention the fact that Reagan half-assed the amnesty/lock down the border plans (funnily enough the INS/ICE still chuckle that the goal was zero illegals in America for 1996).

Reagan either way brought hope and excitement to the US, and it was the last decade where Whites were the overwhelmingly majority in all media (with only token non-Whites), and the average Joe was excited about making money. Something taboo for the majority of people in the 70s, and started again in the 90s… and continued till this day with a brief exception of the house-flipping madness of 2004-2008.

Just in general, we were looking forward as a nation, and we were creative.

I know Trump will bring back the 80s.

Thanks for bringing this up. I was driving around yesterday and realized no one makes good music anymore. depending on the genre artists only gravitate around one topic. EDM(party, relationships), Rock(Relationships, pessimism), etc. I didn't hear one song that actually deconstructed a situation or offered a solution. It's as though in a span of a decade or two music lost all soul. I honestly think things took a turn for the worst in 2007. Things had started to get bad but where kicked into full gear in 2007. Strange times we live in.

I was a kid at that time but I remember even in 1999 talking to someone about how music started sucking in 1996. The Fugees made their last album in 1996 and I saw that as a landmark and the end of an era. (I know they're niggers, but the topic I'm discussing is virility, creativity, and the presence of a soul in the cultural works of the west.)

This was also around the time that the kikes came out with the Backstreet Boys and NSync.

Was there some kind of kike coup at that time? Was there some kind of ritual magic that destroyed our virility and creativity?

Yeah. A bitter pill to swallow for a lot of people my age (~30) is that we're not just some better generation and young ones don't try enough.

We had propaganda that fed the mind and soul, really inoculated us against all Jewish stuff, degeneracy, defeatist and depression, xenophilia, feminism, etc.

Please give to the younger generation that you talk to all the good shit you can. Here's a list for starters:

-GI Joe, original series
-Beast Wars, first two series
-He Man, original series
-Thundercats Go!, series

-All big Nintendo titles from nes- n64
-Ditto for ps1 and ps2, Dreamcast

-80s action movies
-70s and 90s epic movies
-Pol literature

Gotta be more there, I'm not the best documenter

If the pendulum keeps swinging our way, I can actually see leftist nostalgia for the 2008-2016 period of their last resurgence and fall as we enjoy the Trump Boom of 2016-2025.

Beast Wars was garbage. G1 Transformers is the only Transformers worth a damn. Ditto for Thundercats.

Honestly that stuff was good, but not good enough considering the situation we're in now. We need stronger medicine, we need to spread the truth about these kikes so they don't destroy our culture again.

The problem with the 80s and 90s were that they were enjoyable, but too complacent. We should never fall into such complacency again. The eternal Jew always lurks.

I oughta give you a good backhanded smack for that statement

The 80s-90s were shit. Every decade in America has been shit since the moment JFK took a lead aspirin for his headaches in texas.

80s-90s shit makes you feel comfy, becasue the one thing they did have in abundance was A E S T H E T I C S

my80stv.com/

Star Wars isn't really Sci-fi at all (although plebs thought it was), it was medieval fantasy in a space setting (down to the use of knights with swords, the big black armored evil knight, magic, saving a princess from a dungeon, and weird incest), nothing was attempting to be scientific at all.

I will add that this is 100% correct. With surgical precision.

There was a palpable change in the air that year. EVERYTHING began to suck.

In retrospect, we got meme magicked on hard before any of us knew what the fuck that was.

Pic in small part related.

War on all fronts fam. Also, apparently a lot of those works were pulled themselves and the stories were allegories for kike wars. Gotta go back myself and check it out.

I noticed this as well. Compare this:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvZgtacVxuA

To this:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbI8aGagJC4

and tell me that there wasn't a noted drop in musical quality.

That was the moment that most White people looked at shit like the Mega Churches in America and the drab world of being an office drone and people fucking snapped. But I think there was a boiling feeling of anger in White people in the 90s (that's why people started going "postal" or domestic terrorism) people knew something was wrong, but they didn't know what exactly.

Jews shut people up with 9/11 and then they really sharpened up the propaganda machine.

I feel like I can write an entire book on this, I'm having so many ideas rushing through my head.

G.I. Joe > Beast Wars. Fite me m8.

Didn't jews meme most domestic terrorism back then?

Yep, I remember it clearly. I was an angry little goth shit in the 90s. Everything was awful, and we were still so doped up in the post-ww2 judenhaze that we had no way to see the forest for the trees.

Then the internet came along and those of us clever enough to use it for anything more than signing up for a fucking .aol email started getting into usenet etc. and stumbling on all kinds of shit.

And no reason not to spend all your free time online, since entertainment was now openly reeking monarch programming meme magick, so not like you're gonna be watching any tv or movies except these sweet japanese cartoons you've just discovered, too bad you don't have anyone to talk to about them

And all kinds of strange thoughts start coming together and…

You should.

Something people tend to forget when talking about the 90s is that it was one of the most violent decades in history. The '92 LA riots set the bar for chimpouts and has yet to be surpassed. The whole nation watched a group of dindus drag a semi truck driver into the street and beat his brains in. Crime rates overall were much higher than they are now, with gang warfare in every city. Politicians were at a loss to explain it; remember Hillary Clinton talking about "superpredators"?

No one had cell phone cameras to document all the crime, though, and the media buried it as best they could, so people don't have that perception when they look back on the decade.

better Good Aesthetics than pozz loads and CURRENT YEAR and MASS IMMIGRATION and ANTI WHITE. JFK is still DEAD in CURRENT YEAR.

Rose-colored glasses, op. Madonna was the 80s' miley cyrus, and it was the start of "put a nigger in a movie for diversity". Also, if you look at the credits of 80s blockbusters and the "executives" behind degenerate music, you'll notice that it was the peak of jewwywood.

Lad, the 80s was literally the birth of the pozload epidemic.

for

Born 81 here.

The 80s and 90s were better because the culture had not yet been entirely subverted, the west was still confident in its own identity and there was little to no leftist pozz in the pop culture like movies, tv and newly emerging video games. They instead reflected the fact that back then people still had hope that the future would be good and they were confident in their way of western life without feeling the need to apologise for it. Unashamed masculinity, neon lights and consumerism were the order of the day.

Weve been subverted since the 60s but the real pozz shift happened in the early 00's and ramped up in '08 with obongo and hit fucking hypercuck levels of shit post 2012+
Id give almost anything to go back to an 80s/90s way of living, culture et al. Id never dream back then that the future would be so fucking shit.

better Good Aesthetics than pozz loads and CURRENT YEAR and MASS IMMIGRATION and ANTI WHITE. JFK is still DEAD in CURRENT YEAR.

Mass immigration has existed since the start of America, its not a recent thing. It's only more noticeable recently since their numbers have peaked. Do you really think Jose would have stayed in his mexico, while the industrial revolution was in full swing in America.

We had metal detectors in my school in the early 90's. They stopped the niggers from bringing guns IN to the school so they just started shooting each other at bus stops or on the sidewalk outside. School shootings where almost common. Not like today where a false alarm brings national news attention.
Things might be slightly worse in the suburbs today but they where way the fuck worse in the cities back then. Niggers are so lazy now they can't even be bothered to do real crime.

I packed up and got the fuck out of Newark the day I graduated.

No

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965

Nigger music has always been the medieval times of music. Even as a young child I thought rap was stupid coincidently I thought white Eminem was pretty good. Atleast his songs had emotions and context even though the music was still bad. I am almost 100% sure that no nigger would keep making this junk without some Jew who controls them. Niggers are just a bunch of chimps it's Jews who never let this genre die. Hope the Jews had fun controlling us cause that time is over.

What is illegal immigration?

THE 1990's SUCKED ASS and was the end of America, end of the West…. a time when everyone wanted to be a suicidal grunge fag or a fucking nigger gangster!

You kids annoy me. The 80s were cool though…. the last days of the white man.

Jesus Christ that's horrible man. Jew Jersey is a shithole, especially Newark. A lot of Jews and Masons there ( Prince Hall lodge) and I even think that's were a headquarters of a Rothschild owned energy company is located.

Yeah yeah, settle down grandad.

that's were where*

I don't think the 80s were at all. Sure, there was this great sort of feeling of awakening and hope after the turmoil of the 70s, but it was a cocaine fueled, corporate assfuck - basically American psycho. The cartoons were cool, though.

The 90s I think were cool especially at the beginning bc of the huge sigh of relief as the USSR collapsed. Maybe the CIA/FBI censors and whatnot chilled out a bit, idk. People really have to remember, though, that the awesome part of the 90s was really only from late-93 (defeat of the faggy hair bands) to early-96 (invasion of the niggers). We idealize it, but it was really only just a few years long.

If you were an "80s kid", do you not see the irony.

I remember the 80s being rather good, culturally still honest on a lot of issues, even if it was very simplified. But the 1990s, I remember them as a time when the economy was working well but it seemed everything was starting to rot with the first fruits of the cultural marxist seeds.

It goes back before that. They had literacy test and shit like that almost from the beginning to keep out retards and non-anglos

rcchonorshistory.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/for-immigration-restrictions-henry-cabot-lodge/

Nah, the wigger phenomena wasn't a thing until after hip-hop reached suburbia. As in it was "safe" to listen to, which coincidently enough happened by the end of the 90's.

Video related only by title.

Early 90s aesthetic:

You should. Or at least an article.

You need to remember that when you look at images and media from a period of history, the place you are looking at is made up of several generations of people, whose combined experience and expectations shape the way things were at that place in time. The world back then was much more white, of course as a percentage of total population but also in the sense of self-awareness; it was also a much friendlier and naive place. British culture (and that of its colonies) had a lot more influence back then, as did conservative christianity. Freaks and homosexuals still existed but were shunned and isolated, so unless you went looking for them you never saw them.

Animation in the west was still developing and had a few important creative forces but it was the japanese who, likely drawing from a more enlightened view of western pop culture, truly pioneered the soft pastel and glowing neon retro esthetic that we see in anime from the time – it's really unfortunate that anime had so little western exposure back then, or we might have seen an earlier revival of interest in analog culture.

It's getting harder to listen to music from the 80s because of how uninspired it seems compared to what's available now, but there were a lot of enjoyable elements that are now completely absent from music. Genuine romance as a theme is dead in modern music, and artists can only try to recreate the sense of mellowness from music of the 80s, but they may be missing the point.

Sounds like you got ahold of some of that Peruvian Flake from the early 80s.

He sure did. Pic related.

Really? I guess you've never heard of New Wave or Black Flag or The Talking Heads or Roxy Music or Kenny Rogers or Devo or Tom Petty or Michael Jackson before he was a weirdo, or George Harrison or Glam Rock or hair metal or Joy Division or Metallica (when they were good) or Guns N Roses.

Before someone wants to shitpost about the supposed similarities of hair metal of the 80's to rap/hip-hop of today, let me tell you the differences.

While the video related includes lyrics and imagery of decadence, it is not the goal itself, as emphisized by the song and the genre itself. It was about elevating oneself beyond ones station and the unlimited women and booze is a perk of such. In the times of old, it was the boon of going from a serf to a warrior.

Now take the random MTV rap-video from the late 90's until now. The same decadance is there, but it is the means in itself. Getting your dick sucked by100 hot chicks at your own pool party at your own mansion while drinking champagne is everything, as if having those perks are the ends themselves.

The difference here is that former is the result of strength, vitality and virility in reaching the top of oneself, while the latter is about the vices themselves. The former is clearly manifested just by the strength of the voice alone and thus, shows its strength of being.

It's these qualities who are missing in society and in our culture at large, and I think we crave for that in our leaders, at least in our western culture.

No wonder Trump will win in 2016.

Metal is about as Holla Forums as music can get, it's all about empowerment. The straight edge sub genre rejected all decadence.

New video games are shit and it isn't childhood bias.

Before Holla Forums, I had always wished I was an '80s/'90s kid.
t. underagefag

lurk more you dumb faggot

I still have the game mag with that bombshell. Sometimes it feels good being an oldfag.

You could make the same argument for rap saying its about going from fucboi to dopeman or whatever. I hate rap but the similarities are pretty obvious.

In the 80's niggers started massacring each other due to crack cocaine. White America was strong and suburban and oblivious. In the 90's niggerdom culturally conquered white america and degraded gangster niggers were idolized.

In the 90's also the culture of political correctness really started to take hold. By the 00's it had become suicidal to speak your mind. Jewish media and intellectua power combined with mass non-white immigration had finally reached a point where the culture started to seriously change.

In the 10's SJW's and full bat shit crazy leftism arose. Millennials came to "adulthood" and are nothing but coddled toddlers brainwashed with anti-white Kike Marxism.

Things swing back and forth. I would say the 80's and the 90's were a bit nicer because White America still existed to a certain degree although in free fall. Conservative values were allowed in the public sphere.

Things were worse than they are today during the 60's and 70's. Imagine if you lived then? Imagine seeing the change from the 50's to the 60's. It was a full revolution with all of the leftist changes taking place in 5-10 years. You went from a strict Leave it to Beaver society to White women fucking niggers in the street while hallucinating to LSD in five years.

The degeneracy has actually calmed down since the 1970's, although it has become more mainstream.

The best decades for America were the late 40's, 50's and early 60's. That was the peak. Then the Boomers came.

the communist block
and the possibility of a nuclear war

Why didn't you post this in Holla Forums?

Dumbass.

This.

Conservative values were stronger because we were having regular nuclear war raids, hiding under our desks and preparing for fallout. The libs had to contend with the fear of the people.

Also, Catholics were organized and keeping Kikery off of television.

There was a backlash against the degeneracy of the 60's and 70's which morphed into absolute drug induced depravity with people lying on the streets dying from heroin. The streets in major cities were so overwhelmed with crime, you seriously might get raped or murdered for going out after 8:00 pm.

Check out crime in NY during the 70's. Entire boroughs were like Detroit and Chicago now.

That is why you have movies like the Warriors and fantasy movies of tough cops like Dirty Harry. The 80's brought Robocop. The cities were filled with crime, even worse than today. The video game you posted is an example of the backlash.

That is why the lolbertarian position on drugs is bullshit.

Are you aware the whole reason drugs are valuable and worth selling over other commodities is precisely because they are illegal.

==THAT GAME LOOKS
BASED
AS
FUCK==

Watch the SMUG, sperglord.

I can be as smug as I want when I'm right.

I hate you fuckers.

This musical discussion is fascinating and very insightful for a youngshit like myself, but can any older Holla Forumslacks comment on similar trends in other forms of media?

What happened to movies, television (I know it was already pozzed, but there had to be a tonal shift somewhere), and bestselling books? I think video games managed to hold out until the ps2 era as they were still a Japanese product for the most part at the time, and thus not as easily influenced by kikery.

its not that they were not confident

they didnt understand the impact video games would have

remember, video games were for nerds and outcasts back then

they were made by gamers for gamers

Take that back. Medieval music was great.

I know what you're trying to say. I just wanted to post this.

Are aware they cause extreme degeneracy in a population that has access to them, legal or illegal?

Also because they impair your judgment

The 80s had lot of bad shit going on, especially the drugs and satanic child sacrifice.

But what makes it feel special looking back at now is it was the last decade for political correctness took over everything. Movies, TV, music, pop culture in general wasn't what we'd now called pozzed. It may have been cheesy and materialistic, but it had a certain genuine and earnest quality about it.

That's my take looking back as a child of the 80s.

Could you define that? The only reason there is so much violence around the drug trade is because you are limiting it to only criminals and artificially extremely inflating the value to begin with. Hard drugs are eugenics anyways.

So do do alcohol and tobacco, you'll never nerf the world no matter how hard you try.

am I the only one not hearing sound?

Coincidentally we got Reagan and Bush in these times.

All of these things underwent a major shift in late 2000s. In the 90s, you could see the initial signs of faggotry and nigger worship creeping in as it became fashionable to "ironically" complain about racism in the workplace and gays by making jokes that poke fun at the tension. See for instance "not that there's anything wrong with that" from Seinfeld - not so funny now that SJWs have grown into an enormous cancer, is it? However, it was only around 2006 onwards that people started seriously supporting faggotry, niggers, race mixing and other degeneracy and being widely accepted for it. I believe the spic illegals started climbing fast in the 90s as well.

That's not to say 80s and 90s were great. Just a few more decades back, you had pre-civil rights US which was infinitely better. The 80-90s had many flaws:

And from the 50s, you can point to pre-ww1 America, which was even more superior:

And even so, pre-abolition America was arguably a superior society. In fact the US seems to have been in free fall for at least two centuries, it's amazing that it lasted this long - perhaps because others have fallen yet faster.

I must of missed that part

And their prices are also high

Jap games are still quite free of jewry but a lot of them don't make it to the west, at least intact, and many simply don't interest normalfags. Western developed games are a lost cause but normalfags chug it down like a dog lapping up his own vomit.

As for the mid 90s, yes, things started to go south culturally at that time. Suddenly there were niggers everywhere, even spilling over into more white music like metal (creating nu-metal and shit like that). I was in my late teens at the time so I didn't know better but in retrospect I can see it rather clearly – it's when the "MTV generation" started to come about. Coincidentally, things started to go bad as my childhood ended.

The average price of a Oz of high quality tobacco is 50 dollars the average price of a Oz of high quality weed is 200 dollars and the price of a Oz of crystal meth is 1500 dollars. Just look at the difference between a legal market, a grey and a black market. The only reason those prices are so high is because of government regulation and the money is what brings violence.

Your argument is totally disingenuous. The fact that women will whore themselves out for crystal meth, and not for weed or tobacco, is precisely because out of the three things you've listed, it is the one which impairs judgment the most. Making something illegal does increase it's price, however it is not the WHOLE reason, as you assert, but merely a component. An ounce of crystal meth is also serious capital on the street, not because it is illegal, but because it is highly addictive, and it's value as capital (i.e. your ability to use it to make more money) is far superior to tobacco or marijuana.
Oversimplification is a hallmark of many libertarian arguments.

Nicotine is actually more physically addictive then heroine yet has the same price discrepancy as meth/tobacco. Meth is actually much easier and faster to produce then quality tobacco or weed. So it seems how addictive a commodity is doesn't set the price neither does the labor involved in creating it, all that's left is the artificial value crated by the government.

You only hate the 2000s and 2010s because you're probably a nintendo fanboy buttmad that they became irrelevant. The 2000s for PC gaming was a golden age as mods became incredibly complex and often superior to commercial offerings. Mid 2000s was the very pinnacle of the RTS genre with games like Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes, World in conflict,Sins of a solar empire and Star wars empire at war.

What a great point. There was a vibe that encouraged the will to fight, to engage in the struggle. Life isn't fair, but win or die trying instead of whining about everything like a beta faggot. The spoils of "winning" were often depicted as degenerate shit like orgies and coke parties, but there was actually something redeeming about the underlying… energy and focus.

Give me your address so I can forward you my side-replacement medical bills; trying to derail a thread with the most autistic of bait has me in stitches moshie.

The 90s were the golden age of PC games, because only nerds and wealthy people had PCs and the developers had to create games for them.
The entire PC genre was geared towards nerds. It was like when Television first came along, all the shows were made for the upper classes who could afford a TV.

Yes PC games weren't cancer back then.

Here's the wikipedia entry on it, you can use it as a starting point. Of course, the article treats it as a "moral panic" but it was real.

Here's a sample of some truth, also related to pedowood: sott.net/article/244380-Beyond-the-Dutroux-Affair-The-reality-of-protected-child-abuse-and-snuff-networks-in-a-world-ruled-by-psychopaths

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_ritual_abuse

mrsitcom.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-story-of-7-11-video-shot-at-230am.html
This video can help in the analysis. From what I can gather so far; people were much more direct, more socially literate, and were far less paranoid.

Closed that tab pretty quick.
Now I see why I don't remember it, it never happened.

What I'm reading from this is that a stable economy leads to people not acting like spergs.

Fuck that kid in the autism time hat.

For me it was 1989, dialing in to BBS'es when it actually WAS a super sekrit club.

Then HTML was developed a few short years later and everything went to shit.

I love how the new meaning of "evil" is "anything that opposes the NWO".

Pick only one. High quality weed is about $300-$350 an ounce. $200 an ounce buys nigger-tier failweed.

"Satanic Ritual Abuse" as it was touted by the lugenpresse of the 80s, was mostly useless pearl-clutching about kids playing D&D or listening to music that promoted wrongthink.

t. fa/tg/uy

We don't all live on the east coast and 200 would be pricey by west coast standards hence why I said AVERAGE

Wrong again. There is a problem with treating all goods as "widgets." It is misleading to say that an ounce of diamonds is worth more than an ounce of charcoal because diamonds are hoarded and charcoal is not, without noting that diamonds are hoarded for reasons relating to their intrinsic qualities. Reminder that diamonds are everywhere legal.

For example, you note that the production cost of meth is low, and presume that if it were made legal, its price would fall to approximate its production cost, the neo-classical, libertarian, oversimplified point of view. That isn't what happens in reality. In reality, capitalists, also known as investors, would sell lower yielding assets and bid up the price of meth to something less than 1500 dollars per ounce, but SUBSTANTIALLY higher than production cost. This is a fact which does not escape the eyes of policy makers, who place high taxes on tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana, (and would no doubt do so for meth) and much lower taxes on other goods. It is a no brainer for them to capture this premium - it is much easier to raise taxes on "sin" goods rather than necessities even though their demand might also be inelastic. This is especially true for things like crystal meth, because the consumer (the addict) can not avail themselves of a substitute.

The motherfuckin' 90's!

:V

Maybe if you live in the middle of assfuck nowhere.

In legal states you can get an OZ of 22%-30% thc skullfuck weed for $150-$180

I live in the Midwest and have a MM card. I am legally allowed to grow 36 plants at a time.

Weed here, unless you know someone, is right around $300 for top shelf quality.

Wax - $15 - $25 a gram
Kief - $15 a gram
Edibles - $5 - $20 depending on quality

You are comparing a natural resource to something that can be produced by humans. There is a finite amount of diamonds human can get but there will always be charcoal as long there is wood (a renewable resource btw)

$180 will get you an ounce of shit weed here.
If you want anything above about 17% THC, you're looking at spending a lot more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond

Here's a better link isgp.nl/Belgian_X_dossiers_of_the_Dutroux_affair_v1.1.php

Yuck.

This video always gets me right in the feels…
To Hell with the lazy people who let 2016 come to this!

Jesus Christ, I came for comfy 80's music, not soul crushing sadness.

What're you doing to turn things around, user.?

Say what you will but this makes perfect sense.

In this day and age, women have degenerated utterly and cannot appreciate beauty. They only care about cucking men. Like a vampire, they suck one man's soul until he is dry, then move on to the next one. This is why, although diamonds gained value as jewelry in the first place because they were pretty and high-class women appreciated the beauty, to modern women this is irrelevant. All they care about is that they manipulated the man into wasting a ton of money on them.

So of course a woman doesn't want a synthetic diamond. This shows first that the man did not sacrifice as much for her, and second that he still uses his cleverness to fight her manipulation.

On the other hand, for those men who woo such women, it's not so bad either. Sure he has to shell out a few dozen grand, but that basically buys him the woman. If his income is in the millions, that's chump change: About the same as a man who makes 100k annual blowing $100 on a prostitute, or a college kid paying $10 for a movie ticket to get laid after.

Of course the hidden cost is that such behavior incentivizes materialistic behavior in women, but many men have been fooled into thinking the hidden cost does not exist, so in their minds it's a simple exchange of modest expenditure for decent pleasure. No different than enjoying an expensive steak.

You aren't White, degenerate scum.

Redpilling as many people as I possibly can, got four maybe five to go full nationalist, even got one blue haired tumblr chick to flat out despise muslims. I'm buying a gun as soon as I'm able to, seeing as I live in a Balkan country, and it's almost the summer, so the shitskins will start coming back for free gibs and rape.

And of course, I shitpost images of frogs to give strength to our God and savior.

This thread is comfy as fuck.

I'm not saying that a dowry of sorts is an inherently bad idea, but it certainly is in today's world where you might as well start planning for your divorce on your honeymoon.

If you're a millionaire, no sweat. but guys will go into debt and spend several months' salary to buy the perfect ring.

My solution: Buy a jewelry box from a high end jeweler and get the ring from a catalog. Tell her it's insured and the only way she'll figure out what it's worth is when she tries to pawn it after you split up.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

IMO these people are the same as faggots who go into debt to buy a car that costs 5x more than they can afford. Just people living outside their means.

Can't afford a shiny rock? Then give up on fucking materialistic bitches. Go fuck the poor ones that'll give it up for an ice cream like everyone else.

Besides the fact that marriage is stupid these days anyhow, making a big deal out of expensive jewelry is a huge red-flag for marriage anyhow.

Television unexpectedly went in the opposite direction to most other media….it became way better. I'm not sure what the turning point was. In the very early 90s, there was a show called Twin Peaks that was very good in its first season because of David Lynch's involvement, then it went south quickly.

Later in the decade, you had The Sopranos. Then you began to get a whole bunch of high quality TV shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad in the years that followed.

If you were to go back before the 1990s, TV was horrendously bad.

It's real simple folks. The economy was good, if you wanted to work there were jobs available, and (((nobody))) was stirring up the niggers and spics to riot. Imagine this, THEY WERE ACTUALLY HAPPY TOO.

One factor is that women were so much more beautiful in the 1980s and 1990s. Thinner, no tattoos, more feminine hair styles/clothing/makeup.

Because it was bullshit.

What is the LA riots of 1992?

Is Mad Men actually good?

I avoided it after watching a few episodes as I felt that it laid it on too thick with the "Look how backwards things used to be! The doctor is smoking and that man just told his wife to get back in the kitchen.". That, plus feminists seemed to really like it.

Twin Peaks I'm aware of and the first season does live up to the hype, but do you have any other examples from the 90's? I keep hearing that the Simpsons was supposedly good at some point, but damned if I'm watching any of that.

Now all I can picture is some tatted up harlot with gold teeth and a face full of piercings as she screams
RESPECT MEEEEEEEEEE AGARGLEBVLVBLUB
as she start puking up nigger semen. Great.
What the fuck.

You are younger than your target.

Muh childhood is the answer. And culture was more nignog influenced in the 90's than it is today

Fucking EVERYBODY had consoles though. I honestly don't know where the "video games are for nerds" thing came from because EVERYBODY played them in the 90s, even the parents could be convinced to play the easier games like Golf and Mike Tyson Boxing. My mom was addicted to a Sega game that I can't remember the name of, but she played a few minutes every day before work. Nearly everyone alive in the 1990s played Altered Beast and Duck Hunt.

I think the notion that video games were only for nerds in the 80's and 90's is a part of the same hipster/neckbeard osmosis that claimed things like star wars as "theirs" even when it was a massive hit everyone saw back when it was released. Donkey Kong Country sold 9 million units–is everyone really expected to believe that every last person who bought a copy was a nerd?

It's just people with no identity of their own trying to say something is only for them so they feel less hollow.

I still think 80's were the golden age of PC gaming, with DOS, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64 and other home computers, with all the complex and content-full games meanwhile casual games with nice graffix stayed at arcades.

I didn't want to blame anything on consoles but i think consoles were at their best in the late 90's and early 2000's and even then the only shine consoles had were good exclusives.

sage for not politics

I loved Mad Men. I thought it was the exact opposite of what the feminists said, it showed a world that was far from perfect, but much kinder and nicer than the one we live in now.

It did fall off after the first 3 seasons.

The Simpsons used to be pretty good, much better than now but also kind of "good for their day" rather than something that is absolutely brilliant where you want to download full seasons. IMHO.

A relative abundance of women who are physically and emotionally appealing, at least on the surface, makes so much difference in how you look at the world.

I know not everyone is into that I am, but it was also part of a bigger thing of women being relatively happy with how their bodies were naturally. A lot of women got fake tits and would shave their legs and under their arms, but that was about it. No collagen in the lips, no stupid duck faces, no multiple layers of spray tan or whatever the fuck it is, no weird things with fake eyebrows.

Two things I definately never understand are when they shave their eyebrows off and draw them back on. Talk about mental illness

Then there are long fingernails, which are just creepy, LITERALLY increase risk of passing on foodborne illness tenfold, and (related to that last point) how exactly does a person with long fingernails wipe their asshole?

Arguably this porn is not as bad as modern porn but porn is porn. Both this and today's grrlpower is produced by jews. If anything this is sadder, because these are clearly attractive women that could have been someone's wife, but instead became degenerate sluts.

Everything has been going downhill since the first world war. That's when our civilization died. Ww2 was the last attempt at saving it. There is nothing to do now but ride out the storm and wait for a hard reset.

I agree. How distorted must your body image be if you think this is a good idea?

The propaganda was far more subtle back int he 80's. In fact, in the 80's, the propaganda that wasnt subtle was unabashed anti-commie propaganda, which I am quite fine with. Also, in the 80's a solid family unit with both a father and mother was pushed heavily. It began to crack when that My Two Dads show came out. The two guys weren't gay, but because the mom was a straight up slut whore, no one knew who the the actual dad was, hence the title of the show.

Nah lad. The youth of our parents' days hated Gerald R. Ford, but they'll never admit to that now because in retrospect Ford was a god-tier president. It'll be the same with Trump.

Choice cut user, here's another as a thank you
Queensryche with Todd is pretty good, Geoff Taint is a giant faggot who needs to be ovened

Lurk more or go the fuck back to ((Alex Jewnz)).

And for just comfy fun TV there was shows like A-Team, MacGyver (even people who never watched the show know it), and Married With Children.

I don't think its fair to call everything from the 80's shit. Its hard to compare old network shows to the newer shows that air on cable today. 2 totally different formats.

Ya, back in the 80's cable was a treat, not the main meal like ti is today. Back then the networks (CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX in the late 80's) had far more sway and a larger audience.

Most of what people name as quality 80's shows were on the major networks or some variation of that sort of network. Like I live in Chicago, so WGN was important to Chicagofags. Im sure where you grew up has that sort of secondary netowrk of importance too.

Cable, in the 80's, had very few shows of the caliber of the major networks.

The only very popular cable 80's show I can recall right this second is You Cant Do That on Television on Nickelodeon.

conservatives were in power

Yeah, I was a little harsh, as I know MASH and Magnum PI as fun shows from your list. My point was more that top TV programming after the late 90s was on a completely different level than anything that came before it. You had shows like the first season of True Detective that were the equivalent of long and complex movies. This was something new.

I don't know about you but normal people use their fingertips, not nails

Plus, the cleanest way is always to wash it

That's my fucking point, how do you get your fingertips to clean your asshole with 1/2inch nail protrusions? You don't, you get shit under your nails.

I wouldn't trust a woman whorish or stupid enough to have long nails to wash under them properly

It started with Murphy Brown. If you're old enough you'll remember she was an old hag who got preggers and had it written into the show.

The press was all "those wonderful, adorable, and effective single mothers!"

And Dan Quayle shit on it at some speech, and it caused a big uproar. All the lefties came out to shit on Quayle for bashing poor single mothers, the salt of the earth, and they didn't do nuffin.

Things weren't as bad, but before internet, you had virtually no sense of an alternative.

Possibly the worst decade was the aughts, 2000-2010. The political correctness was just as bad as today, but there was little vitality to any kind of racialist pushback. Mostly it was sites like VNN, Stormfront, Majority Rights, and lots of smaller blogs.

That was either at the very tail end of the 80's or very early 90's. Remember, during the Bush Sr administration you had the (((SPLC))) (started by the wife of DEMOCRAT Al Gore, Tipper Gore), which tried to sensor music lyrics. While Im sure there will be a sizable segment of Holla Forums which would be for such a thing, but there is more. This was done to make the more conservative religious right look foolish, as the common goyim doesn't recognize Tipper Gore was a DEMOCRAT. Ask the common oldfag rock fan about the SPLC, and I bet they will eventually start shitting on Republicans right away, even though Tipper Gore, who started the SPLC, was wife of DEMOCRAT Tennessee senator Al Gore.

The whole thing was kiked up as fuck.

Where I grew up we got our TV out of NYC so there where channels like WPIX Ch 11(Their transmitter was on the WTC), WWOR, and a few other non-network stations. We got them plus all the networks with a big ass TV antenna/rotor on the roof.

Cable around me wasn't much more then the networks plus MTV (they actually played music), FOX,HBO and public access. Public access was a big thing in my town.

Started the main streaming of Single Motherhood. And woman's "Career before family" thinking..

The post 9/11 America was one of the crushing of the soul, in hindsight. The government used the crack in the feeling of security to begin the wholesale usurping of rights.

What we are experiencing today is the tail end stages of their "spell" wearing off.

There is so much wrong with what you wrote that I can't think of where to begin.

And just really don't give enough of a fuck to start.

Keen observation, user.

So you are saying, I cant even

We have poster ID's here Cohenberg friend

Anyhow, I feel like talking to one of you wannabe Hebrews anyhow. Why do you do it? Do you want some of, as Smiley would say, Loosh of Solomon?

I had a UUCP account in 89.

You were a kid with no responsibility and didn't know how bad things would soon become.

That said I'd rather live in the perpetual 80s and maybe 90s rather than a perpetual 2000s.

That's pretty much how I remember it. The foundations were laid for what we are seeing today.

Bank collapses (Neil Bush) and Wall Street scandals (Michael Milken) were occurring regularly as well.

One had the sense that things were coming off the rails but the establishment had an absolute iron grip on disseminating information so there wasn't much in the way of real dissent.

Dial-up access using a recognizable modern desktop PC took off about 94-95.

I knew my wife was a keeper when she said that she preferred a cubic zirconium ring and that buying diamonds is for morons…

As long as it looked pretty and was big enough to look nice, but not enough to not look like I couldn't save up for it to keep stupid people from gossiping.

Watching American Psycho while reading this thread is quite interesting..

Western decline started when the British empire collapsed. They lost their passion to rule and it's fallen apart since then. Americans don't understand the decline in the same way as the British do. Our decline started 100 years ago, yours started 50ish.

It would be nice for Holla Forums to put together a time capsule of culture from each decay. Something that shows the greatness of the era without the propaganda angle.

Pathetic man.

I was actually working in radio then, user. What happened was digital got cheap enough so that every half-assed artist could release, and they all just released the same old shit.

Gas was cheap, there was an Olympics in the South, Clinton wasn't known as cigar boy… good year for me anyway. But by then I had quite listening to the crap.

Maybe one or two locally published free newspapers that might have an editorial bitching about local government fuckery or a community radio station/cable access channel.

But the dissent was all from the perspective of the left.

Well… umm… I'm a lawyer so I make good money. People talk shit about this stuff in certain circles, especially her friends that are bored housewives.

so you picked a woman who hangs out with gossiping women who she wants to compete with and keep in the good books of.

Congrats, you cucked yourself. you had a good career and now you have a gossipy bitch trick you into thinking she was a good woman by getting a cheaper ring, so she now has access to all your resources in exchange for a couple of grand at most.

You fell for one hell of a trap goy. Just wait until one of her gossipy friends gets with chad, she'll take you to the cleaners and run off with her own chad to compete.

Yes. You are right. They made it appear as the "establishment" was right wing, even though in reality, the undertow of leftism was about to take hold.

The left wing took over the right wing. The radical left were what we saw as left, as we now see the cuckservatives as the left they truly are.

The late 90's was about the time every station become corporate (Clear Channel owned) and run by kike controlled computers. Computers that would pump out corporate invented crap to sell records.

Before digital and the corporate take over of FM most radio stations where independent. And back then radio stations where staffed by DJs who actually knew music. They also where the gate keepers. If you couldn't get radio play no one would know about your music.

I think the rise of shit like NySync, boybands, and hyper processed music is directly tried to the fall of independent radio stations.

It took a long time to see the Neocohens for what they really were. Once we saw the "right wing" in the USA was really "Leftyfag 2", we stopped buying the 2 party scam.

Enter Ron Paul.

But he just opened the door for me, he is irrelevant to me now. He just stoked the fire and I was a flame off one them embers.

Oh leave the man alone, you nihilistic shit. Let's hear about your perfect wife that's so much better.

this is fucking amazing, try it too

Entirely too many feels as a guy that lived as a kid in Orlando in the early 90s.

They did that on their own. They didn't have people constantly pushing them to chimp out and telling them they was kangs and sheeit like they do now. They calmed right the fuck down for almost a decade afterwards too. Just chimps letting out the jungle fever like they do every decade or so.

Yes not magickally, though. It was during the '90s that militia movements began to disappear or "change" (subversion). Pierce write a book, IIRC.

*wrote

Anything goes shit after the initial exploration/ creativity phase is replaced by money-grabbing.
ie: non-jews create something new, just for the love of it, jews notice and find ways to make money from it.
Then some of the original creators sell out, and new people enter the scene because they smell money/fame and over time, the original spark of creativity/ love (spirituality even) is driven out by the materialistic and shallow.
This has happened in every music scene ever and pretty much any other cultural movement too.

I'm not dumb enough to make a legal contract that says "Insert dildo up own anus, spin until your anus rips".

And bump: we need more fun threads that offer insight to the semi-recent past.

What the fuck.

These were just normal people? Not some celebrity personality show or some shit?

Just watching this makes me feel nostalgic, and I wasn't even born or on the same continent.

Ocean Drive > video game

I miss lan parties

David Bowies first album was released in 1969 user

Anyone who lived through the 80s will tell you how vastly different it was to the modern day interpretation of it. Ultimately it is just another consumerist decade with its own distinct coat.

Fraggle Rock, MTV played actual music, Disney Channel was good

Make Cable Great Again

Things were a lot simpler and it wasn't as easy for retards to gain access to the internet. Politically, things weren't that great and have ultimately led to where we are today. There seemed to be a bit more creativity, initiative and hope in the average person though.

P.S. DOOM is still a better game than Call of Duty. Always will be.

From an objective pov they weren;t that great. From a nostalgic point of view they were fucking great and I kind of feel sorry for children growing up today.

Not linking it back to the San Francisco set of the 80s, particular RE:Search who also highly influenced 'zine' culture and stole every good idea they had from Arch-Aryan in Boyd Rice.

holy shit, that image made me cringe so fucking hard

Airwolf shits all over the commie feels crap they make for kids these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=pLFqeXm_5X4

The last years of the Boomer Country Edition. A lot of right Values were still given in schools and media, like Nationalism, importance of Friendship and Family, never give up, stop crying, you can do it and always keep together kind of shit. Instead of parentes who sued each other because of bullying, your father took you to a Dojo and told you to beat up the bully. No defeatism or weakness enabling in sight. Instead of constantly changing partners and throwing them away, people tried to repair relationships. Also people still had jobs before everything was outsourced. Police was still an honored job and kids wanted to be one. A lot of people were happy, friendly and chatty, and not distrusting and fearing towards strangers, because everyone in your area were normal people, and not criminals or niggers that got placed into your neighbourhood.

There are countless things, especially the small things. All of them got slowly taken away, antagonized and undermined per generation.

I'm a communist for pointing out your nostalgia googles?

Saddest loss of the '90s-early 2000s.

There's no real reason not to do LANs anymore (I mean, latency is less of an issue nowadays but that's never what the whole deal was with meeting up on LAN) – my high school friends don't really play games anymore, and my 15-16 year old cousins and family are all consolebabby normie shiteaters who buy their music on iTunes.

Even young people who care enough about games to play competitive PC shit like CSGO are still such babbies compared to just 6 or 8 years ago. Had to learn to use IRC, had to have a server, had to know how to use basic command line to run the server.

Now even "pc gamer" kids just pay a subscription service to get lobbied scrims on substandard servers, and it's impossible to use a real server you control even if you wanted to because just getting 9 other people to run the connect command in console would be impossible. The sense of wonder at the control and customization and the learning that went into it all is gone completely, and people just slave away playing shitty rulesets on horrifically mismanaged leagues, playing out games that are 4v5 from the second round because the ruleset is made for retarded niggers.

The world is truly going to shit and it is not just getting old that made that happen.

For Reference, here it is in 2014

1996 and 2007 were the milestone years when everything started to go wrong or accelerated. 2007 was when the internet went to shit.

The only positive of thise is the clear evidence that nigs and spics can't afford holiday's to Disney World.

Wildwood NJ in 1994

2007 was when Facebook dropped the requirement of currently attending college. Some hate speech laws and video games breaking into main-stream acceptance after the cool period of Columbine, GTA and the like.

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K

too bad a huge amount of normies will say myley cyrus is better than this

Muh heart

I'm 47. Graduated high school in 1986. BA 1990. MBA 1992. (I've actually hated blacks my entire life, and I started hating Jews in the 90s when I began working with them.

There was definitely degeneracy in the 80s but it wasn't celebrated. Entertainment in general was far less compromised. I think it's worth noting that the PC chill had begun to descend even as far back as 1983 when my middle school was brought in for a lecture on fags.

I hope he is nostalgic enough for that.

Told ya.

Hello, me.

Also, I find myself chatting up random strangers when I'm out. The climate today? It's fear. Everyone is a monster, everyone's a pedophile, a rapist, etc. You just don't know it yet. Force them to break out of their paranoid shell, and they'll usually engage you back.

Everyone is overwhelmingly desperate for someone else to break the ice on an entire room, all the time, no matter where you are.

Break the ice.

When I think nostalgia, I think of this video.

Feminists were considered radicals and disliked by mainstream society. Now they are the mainstream.

gas yourself

This! It was after the Rodney "He Dindunuffin" King beating was aired all over the news thanks to VHS recorders being everywhere at that time that we started seeing the prevalence of African culture flood the media. Rap and Hip Hop became Billboard #1 hits and shit films like "Boyz in the Hood" and "Poetic Justice" became box office money makers. Here we are again, 20 years later, and I feel like the same shit is happening all over again. Especially if Clinton gets the house. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I read that because of the importance it has for our current times, they are bringing "Roots" back with a makeover….are you fucking kidding me? Why do niggers ALWAYS get to bring up slavery when their degenerate offspring fuck things up for everyone else? I hope they really add effect to my favorite scene?

I'm playing deus ex at the moment, it's literally one of the best things i've ever played, no nostalgia involved, i've never touched it until the last months.

There was a different approach in producing media before, an approach that cared a lot more on the quality of the overall experience rather than focusing on certain aspects (like muh graphics, muh storydriven) and failing at everything else

Queensryche is one of those gems that not many seem to know about. I jam to them all the time when working out.

Niggers bring up slavery because it's the only history they have.

Jews bring up slavery to enforce white guilt on 85IQ whites.

DELETE THIS

Simply put, 9/11 happened.

Just like Jews, the whole slavery story has been milked for longer than the Holocaust story and frankly, it holds no water to any of the events playing out in current events. Does history really have to play out in an endless repeat cycle every few decades? At what point in time will it stop working?

That's really good anecdotal evidence!

You're talking about the 1880s and 1890s right?

9/11 hadn't happened yet.

No one questioned the blind progress of ideologies.

Bin Laden may have been the hero the West needed, because look at the world today - imagine one where we never realise that 1984 and brave new world was around the corner.
Bin Laden wanted us to fight back. He wanted Christians to Jihad. Why? Because we have a common enemy.
I bet he disliked the state of Islam just as much - with it's fornication, idolatry, envy, greed and ignorance of new technology. He probably wanted the old Islam that developed tech, not destroyed tech. At the same time he saw Christians becoming trapped and tricked them into realising it themselves.

But Israel did 9/11.

They did actually, because the corporations became BIG and the smaller companies disappeared.

Take RARE for example

Take any game for example. Games aren't even games now, they're basically interactive movies that make you adhere to a strict script.

I'd rather him bring a new golden age called the 2020's

A new dawn. A futuristic UTOPIA and not the cyberpunk dystopia we have now.

Who /deus ex/ here?

Grunge.

Literally grunge.

And shitty PC's and dial-up

We can't bring the 80s and 90s back, but I have hope that we can do better.

I want that world that they dreamed about in the 1950s where there was a machine to do everything and humans lived in ultimate luxury and harmony. Somehow we managed to get a few key features, like wrist communicators and brilliant computers, but we forgot about the most important part, how these things were supposed to make life better for mankind, not worse.

PC's were not shitty. In those days, it took real skill to be able to code on them and make them do things. Back then, you had to know INT codes and how it effected the bios, how to send signels to components. Lamers were not welcome!

Nowadays it's just pajeets that ctrl+c crtl+v code and call it an "App".

I'm working on it.

Moonman x rock music = shitstorm

Kids these days call each other cucks in the schoolyard.

They are savage as fuck.

God-tier album.

But I get more of a 2010's vibe from it. Like cyberpunk dystopia rather than 80's or 90's

Ahh.. have you watched the news latly?

They're literally raping everyone now in Europe.

Plus that smug hick grifter in the Whitehouse getting his knob slobbed by the press and then wiping it on the presidential seal.

I hope he's somehow charged as an accessory when they finally indict Hillary

There have been more reported rapes in Detroit then the entire country of Germany this year. European crime is nothing compered to American crime even with the rapefigues and American crime is nothing compared to what it was ~25 years ago

They put vaseline on their camera lenses to brighten up the shots.

Let me change that (especially if Ausfag)

youtube.com/watch?v=aU4ehgnTjVg

Most white folks worth a damn either never cared about slavery from the start, or figured out it was propaganda and dropped it like a hot rock.

The problem is we live in 1984 and big brother has eyes and ears everywhere in the form of libards, SJWs, faggots, and other "progressive" members of society, so no one is free to speak his or her mind out of the very real fear of jail time or social persecution.

However, with the nimble navigator obliterating everyone in his way, militias popping up to defend boarders, and britbongs fighting to leave babylon, the distopia is beginning to crumble. We are living in the twilight of the Kali Yuga.

And American crime is really a non-White problem

Seasons 3 through 9 were the best seasons of the Simpsons. It was really well thought out back then.

Whites were still 79% of the population and people still knew what a nigger was.

You could get a decent job with a college degree and have a house and car not in little mexico.

We can all agree the 00's was the worst.

Too fucked up to be comfy.
Too complacent to be angry.

10's already shits on that. It's a train with no brakes. 00's was turtle hiding in it's shell from the noise.

I love and hate this decade.

What??

late 90's culture was total Jew shit with TRL ect

00's in general were pretty shit after like 2004 when gas prices started to rise

There were some early decent years. Videogaming had Megaman Legends 2, Yuri's Revenge, Majora's Mask, etc. Western cartoons had solid shows. Cowboy Bebop was being locally broadcast. Online culture exploded in a good way with Newgrounds, YTMND, and 4chan.

2007 was the turning point.

Post-scarcity is a lie.

The problem today is not post-scarcity, rather technological change.

Come on.

This shit kills me, every fucking time. I actually used to live about 30 minutes away from this specific gas station. The idea that people would wander in at 3 in the morning and just be friendly and shittalk with each other is mind-blowing.

It's really depressing to sit and think that, had any of us been born just a few decades earlier, this is the world we could have grown up in. The kind of world where 2:30am means "friendly shenanigans at the 7-11," not "I'm worried about getting stabbed for my wallet on the way home." Nowadays people watch this video and smile knowingly and say empty shit like "things were different back then," but that doesn't even begin to describe it. This is literally like another country, like another world entirely. I have never seen anything like this happen, anywhere, in my entire lifetime.

I'd give up all of my modern conveniences to live in a world like this. I would gladly turn in my cellphone if it meant everyone wasn't nose-deep in Angry Bird clones at the dinner table. I'd surrender my gigabit internet and resort to dialing BBS's on my 300 baud modem, as long as I never again had to see people jerking each other off by posting asinine virtue-signalling clickbait articles on Facebook. I go to bed every night and dream of a world where young families can walk right up to the airport terminal and say hi to grandma and grandpa as they got off the plane. You remember that - airports with no security? There's an entire generation of kids in high school, about to graduate, who have no idea what that's like.

Things have changed so much in the past 30 years, and sometimes it seems like almost all of it has been for the worse.

Yes.

Everything was already deep into hyperpoz territory, Even the oldfags were still pretty deep into their Holla Forumstard and/or Holla Forumsirgin phase and we didn't even have each other to remind us that we were the sane ones.

I am one hundred percent certain in retrospect that 1996-1999 was a concentrated barrage of juden mememagick to sap as much color and vitality of american culture in the fastest time possible.

I went to highschool 1996-2000 it was like literally watching the world burn.

Goth

07-11 was horrible.

No jobs, no money, PC was still unquestioned to an extent.

After 2011 things became purely chaotic. Everythings a mess and we're becoming used to the ride.
People are thinking again. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not since the world wars.

Ideals are properly questioned. The spectrums we relied on no longer work and everyone has this optimism that we're discovering a new age of enlightenment.

While the governments still oppress, people are no longer talking of change, they're making it happen without relying on the government.

People are knuckling down on their degrees again. Especially in Finance. They see a door open again.

DLC, day one patches, etc etc

For everyone in this topic talking about video games, read what this user said. This same thing happened with Games.

You had publishers that had to know their shit. They had to sit down, review games, and decide what to publish. We don't have that anymore. Instead were flooded with a sea of bullshit from the same companies that push out the same old shit. Sure, every now and again something good gets through the cracks, but it is done so to give you the illusion that things are still okay.

It was also the year of Operation MySpayz, the Insurgency op that resulted in the famous Fox News broadcast that gave us terms like "Hackers on Steroids". It was a hilarious op, but it turned 4chan into the normie darknet, and we were flooded with faggots who wanted to be super legit h4xx0rs.

With that population in place, our next big op, Chanology, was completely derailed.

user, I've dreamt about living that kind of life since I was high school a decade ago. The best I get is having Mom talk to me about what the 80s were like. Back then, you could actually get decent work, managers were assholes, people were friendly, fuck, one guy even made sure if his employees couldn't get to work, he'd have someone pick them up. That was what white culture was, helping your neighbor. It's a truly beautiful thing.

Modern technology, as much as I love some of the things we have, has actually negatively impacted our society. We simply were not ready for it.

People back then had face to face conversation. Now they sit with their faces buried in their phones.

People back then didn't have to take refuge in their homes, now they do because everywhere you go is infected with cancerous people.

People back then if they said things like they were a Non-Binary Transgender Wolf would have been made fun of, and they would likely not find other stupid people who thought like them since there was no Tumblr or Facebook.

Wanted your own radio station? They were independent according to but now it is all shit.

Stupid ideas never made it out of the town they were thought up in.

And I'm sure we could go on for ever about the shit that has changed.

But yeah user, if I could, I would hop in a time machine and go to the 80s. I've thought about it since I was 15 growing up in the mid 00s.

tbh those normies are now learning programming thanks to 4chan's exposure.

And Holla Forums is literally changing normies again (though I fear 4chan's Holla Forums is beginning to become compromised by SJW shills)

All I know is that it was either graduating high school in 2006 or things just really took a nose dive when the ((economy)) "crashed" in '08 and Obama won the election. It's been absolute trash ever since.

Anyone else remember pic related as a child (~1998)?

Never had one of those, but I did have a DEMO CD with a few early versions of games that had stuff the final versions didn't. Think my brother has it I'll have to ask him about it.

Used to play frisbie with aol discs.

I had that exact disk, among others.

I still have the disk with the Final Fantasy 8 demo with the original music for the beach landing scene that had to be changed before final release because it was plagarized from the main theme of The Rock.

It always had lulls, but 4/pol/ usually found a way of reverting to normality.

This time, the shilling is permanent and well funded.

Trust Hillary to resort to dirty tricks, the skank.

Might be ok after the election, but Holla Forums Holla Forums users need to actively post in 4chan to keep her steady.

Couldn't pay me fam.

Anonymous forums have positively impacted our society. It's open, unrestricted debate. We've never had that in human history.

Look at the dirt it's already dug up. We need this sort of thing in schools so they can discuss things (and fling shit openly).

Boomers are frightened of anonymous browsing, that's part of the reason why they want to ban it.

It's "too chaotic" for them because it contradicts every ideal they "discovered" in the 60's.
If Jews were more open with this, we'd hate them alot less and problems could be managed more effectively without censorship or restriction of freedoms.

It's true direct democracy if it can be implemented properly.

Do it for the kids on there mate.

They need to learn and discuss.

not sure, im assuming reaganomics

Cold war was over and the people had a sense of victory about them in the west. The silicon valley golden age started and the economy was alright. The culture that USA was pushing out worldwide with the music, movies, and vidya gaems was unlike anything the world has seen.

also not alot of radical leftists stinking up the place, it was when hippies died out and the left was figuring out to radicalize the youth for the current year we see today

Hmm good point. Though I will say that I think it could still be done with a 80s style BBS. I'm not 100% against technology, just that it's come way too fast.

When I say modern technology though, I'm referring to things 2004/2005+ on.

How long till an uprising? Honestly, I'm sick of the world it is. I'm tired of being unemployed. I just want this ride to end.

It's painful, but I live through it, but I hope there is an end soon.

Anonymous forums are useful, yes, but I'm not sure that the imageboards we've seen in the past 15 years have been worth the catastrophic cultural damage caused by cheap, easy-to-use-, readily-available technologies like smartphones or Facebook.

I think Trump's candidacy has proven the tides are turning. People now understand why we need computers and the internet alot more.

The fact we've understood memes on our own accord proves the usefulness. It also proves how much influence anonymous browsing has had in the last 2 or so years.

This is it fellas. The future - shitposting on anonymous forums until we discover and think about things for ourselves.
Real critical thinking, not the university indoctrination called 'critical thinking'.

We teach kids how to use these forums, things will change very quickly by the time they become adults.

Those stupid AOL discs, lol. Must have collected 100 CD's of internet time that they sent in the mail.

AOL 4.0 was actually still active and usable until around July of 2015

Next you'll try to tell me NuDoom is exactly like the originals! Wait, that claim already got dismantled after game play comparisons came out. So now you'll try to tell me "W-w-well of COURSE it's not exactly like the originals. It's good in it's own way! In some cases even better! =^)"

no dummy that'ts not why Lan parties died

Lan parties died because moba faggots would play assfaggots all the time even though they could do that at home

You know you watch too much TV when…

You're so scared that you don't realize that your chance of dying in a terrorist attack is lower than getting struck by lightning or drowning in yout bathtub.
Being afraid of "terrorists" is highly irrational.

mfw final doom was really the last doom.
mfw i have no face.

Muh childhood seriously is the answer. I know some guys that were born on the starting edge of Generation X, and their life was fucking terrible. Throughout the 80's and into the 90's there was the constant threat that the world was going to be obliterated by two super-powers that were so completely outside of your control that any plans you made for the future could just be destroyed without even being an afterthought to someone else. That era was nihilistic as fuck, you just think it wasn't because you don't talk to anyone that saw the world that way. Just like how millions of kids will grow up thinking that 2000 to 2020 was fucking easy peasy times, with a constant stream of video games, entertainment, and social change. Because those kids are insulated from the truth, unlike us.

Moral relativism, T.B.H.

I love the original Doom and I love Nu Doom, because its fun as fuck once you get past the first hour. The lack of double jump and weapon unlocks makes the first hour dull, once you're past that it is solid run and gunning. It's by far the best modern FPS I've played and is a good mix of Quake 3 style movement (with a little dying light thrown in), Half life level design and Quake 2 enemies.

It's honestly a solid game once you're past the intro, which is slow and boring as fuck.

I live in Europe faggot. You couldn't pay me to go near a major city at this point. It's not irrational to be at war with a religion and avoid areas they will attack. No one said it's likely but I have no way to defend myself so I avoid the risk.

The problem with your theory is new technology was just coming into it's own. When everything is changing and growing you have hope. Computer hardware was awesome to see grow. Now it's "We added an extra core" "it's 16 gigs or ram instead of 8" and then when you play something it looks exactly the same as with the 8 gig of ram. The jump between the NES to the SNES and to the PS1 were huge and made you feel like the future was arriving. Now "the future is here" and it's become stagnant.

Pirate it for all I care faggot. I'm saying play until you get the double jump. It's decent fromt here on out but until then you lack the mobility the game is built around and that mobility is what makes it fun.

Kill yourself, sagefag

The decay of Western society since the 50s is a sad case study. It gives one the impression of a society gladly running on it's own tracks, but hurtling forward without noticing that someone is destroying the world around them. The tracks were not affected, so nobody really did anything about it. By the time the tracks had been corroded and were falling apart, the conductors had a lifetime of memories made in the happy times and didn't need to concern themselves with the present. The decay has such a considered pattern to it that it can only have been orchestrated.
In the 50's we see the golden era. The 60's tried to continue that course, but things were going wrong at the intellectual level with hippies and other Marxist subversion. The 70's were the last echo of 1950's optimism but it was pretty much over, before giving way to the corporate, degenerate 80's which had only their neon-fascist aesthetics to give people hope. People were still nice but there were more and more things to be scared of. The 90's moved us from corporatism to consumerism, where being a child meant less to do with living in the world and more to do with finding appropriate fantasy worlds to live a half-existence in. The 2000's were where we had crossed the threshold into the void, 2007 universally agreed as being the point of no return. Everything today is so nondescript, inoffensive and controlled - right down to the outright derision of all previous eras of our civilization.

We have either to see where the next 5 years takes us, or carve out a new world on our own.

Incel: The Post

While it's good to see some RE:Search fans, they were also influential in some really bad ways, notably with their selling tattoos and piercings in the 1980s, when it was still almost unknown among women.

They also cut ties to Boyd when he became more racial in the 1990s, to the point where it could no longer come off as a troll or joke.

It's unfortunate that Boyd wasn't in a position to take over the Church of Satan. That would have been a wild ride for a clever troll/prankster and political dissident like him.

What about the Twilight Zone?

People glorify the 80s too much. It was certainly better than today, but had its problems.

That's really all there is to it.

Those are bad things?

One of the most positive turning points of the 2000s? Barack Obama.

Prior to 2008, any voice of dissidence came from the left, and you would never see the type of online discussion that you do today other than on a handful of sites.

Fast forward to today, and comments sections on thousands of different sites, such as Yahoo and Youtube, read like stuff you would have had to go to Stormfront.

Obama's presidency was one factor in switching the narrative around. Dissidence was no longer primarily aimed at supposedly conservative lunatics like Dick Cheney, but at all of the political correctness surrounding the new supposedly liberal regime.

I had been racially aware for many years prior to using image boards, and I was shocked to discover the community on 4chon's /new/. It's not just the subject matter, but they had a vitality to it that Stormfronters never had, who were caught up in antiquated models of understanding the world. I don't know if it's still there, but I remember Stormfront had a page "exposing" Martin Luther King for going to communist meetings or whatever bullshit, when of course the real issue with MLK is that of race. Even during the Cold War, groups like the National Alliance & White Aryan Resistance were better than saying "Look, MLK was a communist!"

Hate to say it, but in some ways Holla Forums today is a step backwards from 2011 /new/ because it carries a lot more socially conservative deadweight, but the culture itself has taken major strides forward.

Yeah, good point. The Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and original Star Trek show were fun fare, with the Twilight Zone the most successful on the level of metaphor.

One highly rated show from the 1960s I never got into was The Prisoner.

The irony of you calling for 'no muh childhood' answers whilst the only reason you feel the 80's and 90's were good is because you were young is fucking palpable.

I grew up in the 90's, they were filled with girl power nonsense and multiculturalism propaganda.

I think we would be better off if there was more nudity. Look at nudists. Seeing people naked gets rid of the forbidden fruit mentality and gets rid of a lot of body issues.

The electronic music back then was different than it is today. They still used analog technology in the 80s so the music sounded a lot more natural and appealing to your ears. Since the switch to digital everything has sounded like shit.

The issue with today is the sexualisation of literally everything. I was watching the telly the other day and even fucking deodorant is sold through fitness models kissing each other, it's ridiculous.

the 90s were complete and utter shit, you were just too young to realize it

Weed culture.
See: American Pie, Friday, Harold & Kumar, and "Dude, where's my car?".

the 80s were the last decade that was in any good, but really the last truly good decade was the 50s

How do we stop the hyper-sexualization of everything. The Jews are desensitizing us from all directions.

What is this meme?

In 80s, we see real boob, now we see CGI boobs.

Some of us are libertarian nationalists, so don't consider those things bad. The only consensus here is blood.

Stupid twat, this is me
As I say, I had always wished. I then found out via Holla Forums that the '80s and '90s were just as shitty, in different ways.
You're a Jew. Vidya went to shit a little after 2005, objectively.

*Sorry, IP change

90s sucked and I grew up in the 90s and 00s. When I look at the 80s, a whole 10 years before I was born, it looked like a great time to be alive. Fuck even the 70s look pretty awesome. Since I wasn't there, it can't be muh childhood, I'm not sure what it is.

Me aswell as my brother and sister still dont like to wear them,
seeing our children from a age of 6 refuse to wear them aswell… ohh dna is wonderful/funny sometimes.

All those feels i dident expect… but it felt great.

-Little things in life are in most cases the best things-

If anything, the 80s-90s were the time of deep slumber of white consciousness, and boomer/kike control was total. I have never felt more alive than this year, I can see the sun rising over the distant mountains, leaving the decades of shadow.

makes sense

I could have posted They Live but this seemed more appropriate

There are several reasons,. Let's get the first one, which you say you don't want to hear, out of the way first. "Muh childhood". Yes it was comfy because (presuming you aren't a nigger nor did you have shitty parents) you had parents that cared about you and took care of you. However… part of that comfy is related to reason number 2: better economic times for most people. From the end of WW2 thru the early 70's, an average guy could graduate high school, easily get a working-class job, and afford a used car, a single-family rental, a wife that didn't have to work, and a kid or two. With no gov. assistence, because that was for niggers. If you worked yourself up a bit, you might be made a supervisor or middle manager, buy a new car and a house, and life was good, you were lower middle class and that was a decent life. The middle class has been declining, with most people sinking to poverty level and a very few rising up to being properly wealthy, for many years now. It was particularly accelerated by the 2008 crash, although it was coming already before that. So, your parents could do well and provide you with a secure childhood because of the better economy. They didn't live in fear of being one missed paycheck from being on the street, and neither did you. Reason 3, which affects reason number 2, reason 1: Less government interference and regulation. This started downhill back in the late 60's and early 70's, gaining momentum in the 80's and 90's and by 2000's was full steam ahead to today's Orwellian dystopia. Conservatives resisting the hippies and civil rights manifested itself as Nixon vs drugs, and this started the ball rolling, criminalizing vast hoards of people (mostly niggers, and they knew that at the time). They blamed the mob, instituted RICO, and end run around due process, which of course was never intended for use against individuals… except that within a few years that was 99% of exactly what it was used for and continues to this day. Move on into the 80's and Reagan era… propsperity was back after taking a vacation during carter, but "just say no to drugs" began… lets make brainwashing kids OK and also interfering in TV and movie scripts in the name of doing good. And the people knew it was BS and liked their government less. So then we had Bush 1 and a war that at least we kicked fucking ass in, although a few people questioned it. Russia went to shit so thats good right? ANd we elected Clinton… hip, young, the hippies won right? Except the hippies turned out to be communists and "it takes a village to raise a child". That set off alarm bells to me the instant I heard it. (I was raised in the 70s and 80's). So in the 90's CPS looking over every parents shoulder became a thing. (One of the reasons I still haven't had kids… although I'm aging enough now that I'm planning to before I simply can't… just going to try to raise them quietly out of the government eye as much as possible). Anyway… so yeah… now every kid over a certain age knows that any teacher, any cop, maybe even a doctor that hears something he doesn't like, hell even nosy neighbors who make up stories, can get kids yanked at gun point by militarized swat teams with no due process and you have to prove your innocence to maybe get them back.

So to sum up: kids don't feel safe anymore. Jobs are easy to lose and then the bank can take the house. The government can seize everything you own because they found a pot plant growing in the back yard. And the government can kidnap your kids if mom leaves them playing in the back yard for a minute to go check on dinner. Kids aren't all stupid many of them know this. And the parents are always depressed and stressed because of these things, which the kids key in on.

TL;DR version: Life sucks more now, and it's mostly the fault of jews and communists.

Anyone remember Y2K? I had sort of forgotten about it until I read this thread, but there were people quitting their jobs and going off into the woods and shit because they thought all the computers would stop working at the start of the new millennium. It wasn't just tinfoils, either, normal middle class people in the 'burbs were nervous about the airports and stock market shutting down. It's interesting to think about now because it shows that even pre-911, there was wave of paranoia moving through the population, like people intuitively knew the best times were over and we were heading into a huge unknown.

God I'm so sick of the 50s meme the west was in freefall since the early 20th century if you want to put a official time of death make it would be 5 years before the 5s

I know this feel, my nigra.

Those were good times. I wasn't politically aware at all (though I was already racially aware, to a degree, thanks to being born & raised in the South) before getting into /new/ at it's inception. I was just curious when I started visiting that board but I had no idea what it would lead to. Definitely helped me put into words what I had felt for a while and showed me a whole universe of thought and information that I never knew existed. I was quite bummed out when it went to shit but the desire for information and knowledge beyond the "official narrative" stuck with me.

Holla Forums's Holla Forums has it's moments like this thread and the oxycontin thread from last week that remind me of those 2011 days but yeah it doesn't have the some vitality (good word there) that /new/ had in the beginning.

sure yeah I remember. I don't remember anything like that though, mostly people partied like crazy and took long weekends and stuff.

and it wasn't paranoia at all, tons of systems really were broken, it's just that it had been brought to attention since '97 or so and 99% of the problems were headed off.

a few things did go crazy, too.

The 90's and 00's had their own distinct aesthetic. I was young in the 90's but looking back I can definitely see a distinct aesthetic. The early 90's was more or less a continuation of the 80's, but after Nirvana everything was a long, ignominious slide into grunge shit. Then, with the advent of 2000, everything got glossy and space age for a brief time before 9/11 brought the world back to reality. After that, I'd say the dominant aesthetic was fucking Nickleback, as far as I remember. Shitty mass produced butt rock with no soul put against a bad CGI background. Then things got more grounded in the party scene near 2010 as far as the zeitgiest goes (I was in high school at the time, I remember everything revolving around niggers partying) and here we are now in the age of SocJus.
It's weird, but I'd say every five year interval of the 90's and 00's had their own distinct aesthetic. Unlike the 80's, however, it isn't charming in some over the top corny, cheeseball way. It's all just fucking embarrassing. Compare something schlocky and retarded like Night Rider to something schlocky and retarded today and tell me which is more endearing at the end of it's run time.

The worst part is the dominant aesthetic of 2010-2015 and beyond will most likely be fake psuedo-nerds and hipsters, like

I think this is definitely true. I remember we went to my dad's work place for the New Years "party" because they were afraid the computers would fuck up. Little did we know just how bad it was going to be.

Gaming died for me after i stopped playing final fantasy 11. Nothing has even come close to that experience.

I'd disagree.

2000-~2010 was the decade of the nigger. Everything was about niggers, rap, rnb, hip hop, 'gangstas' and all that shit. Even over here in England nigger fever had taken root. Gone were the skateboards, video-games, grunge and pop of the 90s. It was all gangsta rap and hoodies.

~2010-current is the decade of the hipster. Feminism, faggotry, 'metrosexuals', 'indie' music/video/films, and so on.

These decades definitely have their own aesthetics, its just that they are completely shit.

WW1 and the Soviets brought about the decline of the west. The 20s and the 50s (in America in particular) were just riding the post war boom. At least in the 50s there was morality attached with the relentless consumerism. The 20s were pretty jarringly degenerate compared to just a few years before.

I was born in '75. The Cold War in the '80s was really not that scary–nothing compared to the fear and anxiety today.

The USSR seemed to be run by sane people who didn't want to blow the world up. Most of the fear was of some sort of accident, but there was a lot more (justified, IMO) public trust in the competence of the people in charge.

I thought of the USSR as a scary but cool and intriguing place filled with stern white people in magnificent fur hats. (i.e. the scenes in Moscow on the 5:00 news)

If anything, the threat of the USSR led to a more serious attitude towards the future and enjoying life. The 80's were anything but a nihilistic time.

I lived through both decades, and I think it's a mistake to conflate the two decades. They were very different.
The early '90s really hit me as a radical shift or outright collapse. Virulent feminism, which had been in remission during the '80s, came back in force. Suddenly PC was a thing. Bands like Nirvana and Everclear pushed a nihilistic vision of a rotting world of broken homes and drugged out, suicidal white kids. The affable middle-class Negros in polo shirts of the '80s were replaced with gangster thugs.

Eras transitions are always fuzzy, so some of what was good in the '80s persisted for a while. I'm not surprised that people who's earliest memories are in the '90s remember it fondly. My perspective is that the US has been in *obvious* and horrifying decline since about the end of the Cold War (1991). The only exception is that in the past five years or so people have started to fight back.

By the looks of it, were heading towards the 30s all over again. Infact I think it's already here, but it's just not being said.

bump for good thread

Walking around as anime characters, beating up street scum.

The 80's/90's.

control the a e s t h e t i c, control the f u t u r e