How do I find true enlightenment?

How do I find true enlightenment?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/b/res/5949939.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who is Kennedi Cotarelo?

You will know, when you are calm, at peace, passive.

Hello, friend. If you truly seek enlightenment then I would suggest looking into the four noble truths. They are:

1. Suffering exists
2. There is an origin to suffering - this is our craving, covetousness and attachment
3. There is a way to cease that suffering
4. That way is the Noble Eightfold Path

Then examine the noble eightfold path. This includes:

1. Right view/understanding - basically the Buddha's Dharma which are the four noble truths, karma, rebirth (samsara), the three marks of existence (dissatisfaction, impermanence and non-self identification).
2. Right intention - Discipline, aspiring to be good to all, aspiring to be harmless to all.
3. Right speech - no words of lies, hate, anger or gossip comes from your mouth
4. Right action - do not kill, steal or commit sexual misconduct
5. Right livelihood - do not be dishonest and harmful when making a living
6. Right effort - prevent, avoid and abandon unwholesome states - the five hindrances/ ten defilements
7. Right mindfulness - be in mindful contemplation of body, of feeling, of mind-states, and mind objects. This is complete self-awareness.
8. Right religious experience - This is called samadhi and is translated to concentration but this is an error in the translation. The correct translation and meaning is absorption and it comes from a disciplined meditation practice. One must learn to relax deeply and let go of everything, this leads to samadhi/jhana.

If you are interested in enlightenment in this very lifetime then I suggest you investigate what samadhi/jhana is.

You will find that everyone in the world is corrupt, retarded and insane. You too will go mad and once you have seen the true dharma you will not be able to go back. Then the only peace you will find will be enlightenment.

Is this srs?

Are you OP?

Yeah

Proof?

Not really… just lost.

What are you lost about?

By having sex with little girls.

Eat mushrooms

this is a good idea… can i do them alone?

install gentoo

Literally this

Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water.

Not here that much i can tell you fam.

Take a large amount of magic mushrooms.

You may think I'm kidding but I'm totally serious. Hallucinogens are the quickest way to knowing yourself 100%, which is a key tenet of enlightenment in Buddhist theory.

Kill yourself to escape the suffering of life

I fart fulfilment

No wonder you're so unfulfilled

Through the teachings of the late Sir Reginald, of course!

He's dead?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering.

I don't know user but listening to this makes me feel like i did.

You can become enlightened on many things to many degrees, and all of them would be true. You may seek a full enlightenment, but there is so much to be enlightened on that you could live 1000 lifetimes and have barely started. You want an enlightenment on life, your choices, perhaps a calming that comes with wisdom, and an enlightenment that covers the basics of existence (from what is tangible to what is merely a thought). Such is learned through experience, reflection, meditation (calms your mind, regrows neurons, can negate Alzheimer's to a degree, and can bring relevations at times), study, discussion, and traveling near and far. In general, the answer to many things is often obvious, however you can look for more ways to enlighten yourself. Many scientific societies have hidden biases which have caused their studies to at times misinform and even miss certain subsubjects of study. You can look in older and newer works alike for answers discarded and viewpoints ignored. In your quest for enlightenment do not forget to live the life you've become enlightened about.

How do I get enlightened on the ideas that allow me to levitate?

Asking again nicely

Mr enlightened man

there is no such thing.. it's dodge for guys to sit around in orange bed sheet instead of working for a living. Just talk cryptic shit and make money… That's the secret of enlightenment.

I thought my jimmies were being rustled but it was just my orange bedsheet flapping in the wind…

True enlightenment may only be achieved through shitposting.

By crushing your enemies.

forget that word and seek your desires

Empty your pockets, and put that bag down.

Buddhism is a bummer, you simply accept all the evils of the world.

Buddha died when he accepted spoiled food from a fan, and he ate it to keep from insulting him, he got food poisoning and died.
The end.

Meet me at the top :)

Negresses

Here: 8ch.net/b/res/5949939.html

It's actually pretty easy once you shed the ego as much as possible, and then it is just accepting the pointlessness and your mortality. Then there is nothing left to do but to live in each moment aware that is has no impact on what will be meaningless to you in 100 years time, let alone 10. There is nothing to do, nothing that needs to get done. Saving the human race or planet is a waste of time, like anything else really. The universe and everything in it will end and it will be like it never existed at all.

Now you are free to pursue new things and ideas and hobbies to pass the time.

True enlightenment comes with a heavy cost, the dream is over, bringing children into this world becomes absurd and the idea of being attached to a significant other becomes ridiculous and out of pure selfishness.

People think enlightenment is going to make them better or able to function better or appeal better to others– but it does not. What you now know to be true offends everyone with a motivation or a plan for themselves.

You are now an intellectual car crash, and only take amusement in absurd things and strange behavior.

I say that this path is forced on every person and suffering through bad or sad events is hammering home the one truth you built a preventative wall around.

I recall hearing my teacher say that the sun will burn out in a billion years or so. This disturbed me terribly as a child.

Now I welcome the kind sweet embrace of the forthcoming memetor.

yeah and when the sun burns out your sad ass will be crying about the end of it all and me and fifty blondes will be riding a rocketship to a new planet to inhabit

you can follow the path without losing your drive and focus

you can be enlightened without closing yourself off to the world