Men watching cartoons

I get why some adults watch anime. /a/ is filled with lonely virgins whose only contact with women are moving pictures of innocent idealized fakes.

They take solace in the fake company so to speak. The japs know this and appeal to these virgins and produce weebshit.

I don't get why adults would watch american cartoons. It's marketed towards children. Always lacking any substance and really nothing to offer to anyone who isn't 10. I assumed Holla Forums was simply underage but you see comic con pictures on other sites filled with grown men happily cosplaying as a children's cartoons.
Is there some kind of subtle hidden message within cartoons that attract these people?
Was their mental growth stunted as a child? Do they come from broken homes or traumatic childhoods ala michale jackson so they resort to having the childhood they never had?
This also seems to be a 90s thing where the majority of these manchildren were born.
What happened and what caused this boom of adults watching cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vlTjgcOQxjI
youtube.com/watch?v=0BirF0XAuL8
youtube.com/watch?v=5pOFKmk7ytU
youtube.com/watch?v=aT4XJaDaVR0
youtube.com/watch?v=F4zlC8jAISk
youtube.com/watch?v=ed-hUoeHcz0
youtube.com/watch?v=RPOV-u2macs
youtube.com/watch?v=hAhbCqj3Opc
youtube.com/watch?v=syI_Ts7rkE8
youtube.com/watch?v=zVI156p4P1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will you fuck off trying to assert a social hierarchy on an anonymous imageboard?

>>>/a/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/sudo/ :^)

It's already established anyone watches cartoons are social paraiahs.

I'm trying to figure out what caused this change in so called 90s kids that made hundreds of thousands of them

Anyone who posts on Holla Forums or any of its offshoots are most likely social paraiahs, fucking retard.

Maybe you'd be better off making this thread on Reddit.

Are you gonna cry about getting your wittle fweeings hurt by mean old Holla Forums about anime?
Take a hike sudocuck and go cry on the /a/ hotpocket shoulders

Nope and most of us don't watch cartoons either.
Just explain why you watch cartoons as an adult.

Stop making threads about Cuck Wars and capeshit and I'll stop making anime threads

Stop ignoring my question

I hope the OP isn't. Making threads and posts like these on your own and not with friends is boring as fuck.

Growing up isn't encouraged anymore.

If it wasn't anime then they would find something else to retreat from reality into it. Every generation has those who refuse to mature past a childs mentality. This isn't a new thing.

Maybe they're parents?

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/a/

There nay be truth to that. Kids in college and graduates are staying with their parents and it's a generation more coddled than any that came before them.

Not the right board.

Holla Forums spreading their cancerous rhetoric outside of their containment board once again I see

It's just diaperfag. He likes to spam Holla Forums and Holla Forums (and probably other boards) with garbage threads.

Holla Forums sprung back to live thanks to Holla Forums and Holla Forums spreading their shit all over the site

I would have preferred it to die instead of becoming a battleground for political stooges to throw shit at each other.

Because it's safe, wholesome fun for the whole family?

There's also how childishness in adulthood is becoming glorified (adult coloring books for example). And now there's this term called "kidult".

Cartoons are an impressionist version of real life. They take real life and stretch it outwards to give you real life magnified. Cartoons have their own form of physics and their own set rules within their respective shows. These rules are often parodies of our rules. Some would argue cartoon world physics go by the pataphysic rule "if it's funny, it's possible." It's a visual representation of "if might makes right."
Cartoons are traditionally for males. They are Apollonian instead of Dionysian. Even lower end cartoons like Spongebob Squarepants heavily feature violence, and tragedy is looked down upon. Most people tend to call cartoons like Spongebob or Ren and Stimpy chaotic. These people overlook the obvious laws in place. There is a lot of order in these works and it comes from a masculine mindset. With shows like CatDog our heroes are constantly beset with troubles and rarely win because they are not strong enough. The outside world is harsh and unforgiving, and CatDog is a passive actor in this exaggerated yet realistic world.
There is also a cyclical nature to cartoons reminiscent of ouroboros or the Mahayuga. At the end of each episode everything is back to the way it was. Characters learn little if nothing from their frequent scrapes with death or glorious triumphs. The world continues on and on into infinity while our heroes run in circles chasing their own tale in the misguided notion that what they want is just around the corner.
If the universe is a faulted imitation of divinity created by the demiurge, then cartoons are a divine imitation of a faulted universe created by man.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/a/

What did he mean by this?

I started watching old episodes of Regular Show again.
It's still really good.
Going to move onto Megas XLR after Regular Show. Why wasn't the second season of Megas as good as the first?

This goes on Holla Forums.

Bumpcucked

Does OP's opinion trigger you perhaps?

I do agree that adults and children are getting mroe spoiled the further we progress technologically. With technological progress it opens itself to laziness and a more spoiled attitude when we can get everything we want so easily and quickly that anything slower or harder that was the norm before is. unacceptable now. This childish attitude is the norm now and as such this makes the adults gravitate more towards childish entertainment.
Videogames and cartoons

Your attitudes toward both western and Asian animation are ignorant and wrongfully condescending given the generally puerile nature of live-action entertainment and the often mature nature of animated storytelling.

What did he mean by this?

see

Tbh with western cartoons most of it really is childish. Yes exceptions exists but for every cartoon like BtAS there's a dozen more like Spongebob. There's way more silly cartoons than non-silly ones.

For a (((reason))).

So I guess Laurel and Hardy is chlidish.

Fine
You get my point. The majority of cartoons are not like BTAS.

my first thought upon seeing that was Big Tits At School, not Batman

Anime is made for everyone and only a small minority of it is "cute girls doing X" shows. And not everyone who watches them is an /a/ strawman; K-On's been broadcast on mainstream channels and early timeslots and a large percentage of its viewers are female.

Japan doesn't produce weebshit because weebshit means wannabe Japanese shit, and obviously the Japanese already are Japanese.

The difference between a live action film and an animated film is ultimately just that one has its frames photographed and one has its frames drawn and painted.

These are both adapting the same novel:
youtube.com/watch?v=vlTjgcOQxjI
youtube.com/watch?v=0BirF0XAuL8

The live action version won Best Picture and was submitted for the Oscars.

-

The thing about American shows is that they not only are really meant for children (for the most part), but it's believed in America that children's animation has to be strictly for children and has to be cartoonish, simple, comedic and episodic. It has to be dumbed down so the kids are sure to get it. And who cares about production values, the kids won't notice. This doesn't describe every show, but it's the general attitude behind American TV animation (not that movies are terribly different).

In anime, the shows aimed at children aren't really done differently from other shows, they have much higher expectations of children than American shows, and it's fine if children don't understand everything. Or actually, the entire distinction between children's and not children's anime is very fuzzy and it's often hard to say who something is aimed at and who watches it.

Something that's pretty revealing is that when Holla Forums etc. are asked about good music in animation, they most commonly answer with stuff like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5pOFKmk7ytU
youtube.com/watch?v=aT4XJaDaVR0
youtube.com/watch?v=F4zlC8jAISk
youtube.com/watch?v=ed-hUoeHcz0

Meanwhile in a morning anime for girls:
youtube.com/watch?v=RPOV-u2macs
youtube.com/watch?v=hAhbCqj3Opc
youtube.com/watch?v=syI_Ts7rkE8
youtube.com/watch?v=zVI156p4P1Q

tldr tbh

N>>572986
The thing with televised American animation is that they never has any filmic style to them, the writing and animation is literally done in separate countries.

There are some shows that have a filmic style, even though they're outsourced. It's a matter of storyboarding. The reason why a filmic style is not much seen in American animation (and when it is it's usually very basic) is because American animation is based on cartoons. And the outsourcing mania didn't start until the 1980s.

It's easy as fuck to distinguish media for children.Does it star a cast of children? Not always true since there are gery dark and gruesome shows but it still applies to a majority of anime. Anyone that says orherwise is just trying to come up with an excuse to rationalize themselves watching shit for toddlers and elementary school kids.
Like the pokemon or DBZ fandom.

Disney cartoons of olde used to be for adults as well. I'm watching Billy and Mandy right now and no other medium can offer this kind of fast paced comedy mixed with fantastical elements.

Anything that runs in late timeslots isn't aimed at children, and that includes the vast majority of anime today. Also, most anime don't have children as the main characters.

It's daytime anime where things gets ambiguous, and have historically been ambiguous (before late night anime existed). Many shows appeal to a broad audience so they aren't just for children, or children aren't even specifically the audience.

"I put away my childish things" "including my fear of childishness"
Wow great job CS Lewish. Christians always find a way to bend bible passages to their agenda.

Like anime with high school characters isn't just as childish or immature.

This is coming from a man who believed in God and created fanfiction versions of events of the bible.
The same type of autist you see in the sonic or mlp fandom.

Are you dumb or what?

High school students are aged 16-18, and in anime they are typically presented as more grown up than they may be in reality. There's no reason why an anime would be childish or immature because the characters are in high school, and I've never seen anyone claim a live action movie is childish or immature because the characters are in high school (or younger).

Yeah because every 30 year old dude I know watches Mean Girls and 10 Things I Hate About You.

Cartoons and American movies have nothing to do with anime. Japan and America are two different countries with different cultures and different media.

Your Name is currently the fifth highest grossing movie of all time in Japan and it's an anime about two high schoolers. A Silent Voice is likewise about high schoolers, and it has outgrossed Deadpool, Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad and many other movies.

Isn't being butthurt over cartoons and anime a little childish?

People who watch cartoons and anime are childish.

Yeah, but so is being butthurt about it.

Because America established certain rules for animation, all animation everywhere in the world is now obligated to follow them? Based on what?

…like what? American animation has evolved past its primordial form.

From my experience, people who care most about proving their "maturity" and enforcing it on others are often the most childish.
Most of my friends and acquaintances who watch stuff like GoT, Westworld, or whatever else is considered "deep and mature" nowadays do nothing but discuss how much boobies the last episode had, while getting wasted in a pub.

ohhhh so edgy

This tbh. People who are truly mature don't need to keep reminding others constantly.

OP is kind of dumb but how is he edgy?

Nowadays "edgy"'s got as many definitions as there are people present.
"tryhard mature" is definitely one of them.

Tbh the people repeatedly watching and defending kiddie cartoon/anime shit are tryhard childish

I won't deny that people who watch anime and cartoons while proclaiming it's the deepest shit and everybody else is just too blind to see it are pretty damn childish and native.
But I don't see a reason to not watch western or eastern cartoons just for entertainment. They are just as valid a medium as anything else.

The same goons claiming this shit are the same faggots who jerk off to Princess Fire and watch Regular Show religiously.

no one over 10 years old should be watching cartoons, no one over 8 should be watching anime, no one over 6 should be playing games, no one over 4 should be reading comics, and this is a fact.

I see what you did there shlomo.