TRANSLATING THREAD - LoRd of Burger #2

In the Lord of Burger story time ( >>533083 ) few anons mentioned being up for translating 2nd issue of it. I managed to find it in French, which can be downloaded at:
longfiles.com/mkjsqi632uk2/lord_of_burger_-_tome_2_-_etoiles_filantes.cbr.html
Alternatively, I can just upload images here.

I am not sure what else is there to do, and since I don't understand French, there is only so much I can contribute.

In other news, Alice, person who used to translate French scans (including Ekho), has apparently retired, more or less. So no more French translations, unless someone else will pick up the mantle.

Other urls found in this thread:

evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/?c=pyrenee
t411.cc/torrents/violine-tomes-4-et-5-cbr
youtube.com/watch?v=xHIA7RexebY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If could start out posting the original french comic here and see if any french speaking Anons arrive. If not, it'll be google translate and our own interpretation from here on out.

Here we go then.

Thank you for your hard work.

Thanks, but it is the ones who will translate (if they decide to spend their time on it) that will do the real work.

Little delay, due to flood detection.

And that's issue 2

Native french speaker here, I could start a half-assed translation but if I do would be too lazy to edit them in the scans and translating jokes comes pretty close to being sacrilege.

I'd also probably have to google translate some specific terms (vegetables classifications can go fuck themselves) and there is no way I dig up my old english-french dictionary, while there is some comics I'd like to translate if I manage to take the time, Lord of burger isn't really one of them.

Anyway, small contribution incoming.

Well fuck cooking recipes.

Page 2

1: Had I know I would have made up with my dad, but he was really pissing me off with his 3 star restautant.
2 And you call that a chibouste? It's useless! Your cream turned!
3 I've had enough, you can take your cooking and shove it (should I keep cuisine for muh french?)

4 So I went to work in a restaurant where me talents would be appreciated.
5 and worked in a three macarons michelin. (star = prestigious macaron Michelin = kinda shitty)
6 I don't care, take your uniform.

7 It kinda pissed dad off.
8 What? My son work in a fast food ?!?

9 Had we talked again, maybe the accident woudln't have happened…

10 But I was busy driving Ambre, my sister to Roissy (airport) while he was dying of cold…
11 I'll call dad before taking off, will you want to say a few words to him?
12 No.

13 Then we met dad's banker, I have to say he did not leave a good impression.
14 And so you owe us 3 millions.

15 Now, Ambre and me have to pay him back. I think my sister found something to get by, which is good because the Michelin guide writers(? or food critic or inspector) can come by anytime.

Page 3

1 The most important thing in high end cooking is…everything. Nothing must be left to chance and especially not the products we're working with. That's why a good chef before anything else is a good buyer.
2 Beautiful.
3 Ah?

4 A wonderful turbot, nice and firm, clear eyed and with really red gills..
5 The brigade can do wonders with it, the famous turbot with minced Saint-Jacques served with its foam(?) of Meursault my dad invented…
6 Hey Miss Capresse!
7 Glad to see you, we have some comptability troubles…
8 Ah?

9 YOu can tell your dad the payment of the last delivery didn't pass at the bank, like if your account was blocked, see.
10 Hm, our dad is, well…
11 Drowning in troubles?
12 Dead.

Page 4

1 Those things happen. Meanwhile you'll have to take care of the last paymant before yo ucan order anything here.
2 Listen, we'll take care of it, could you leave us a couple days…
3 Why, he'll resucitate? (It's growing on me)

4 You better never come back here!

5 He's lucky I didn't have my knifes on me.
6 If you have to cut in slices everyone we owe money to, you'll quickly get tired.
7 I m sorry, I m a mess, I feel like we'll never get out of this hole.
8 We're not alone, Ambre, luckily we can count on our tight and dedicated crew.
9 You're right

Page 5

1 Huh?!
2 You're quitting? What the hell!

3 You have to understand Ambre, we know you're having money issues, and we all have families…
4 Do you think we won't be able to pay your, Arthur and me?!
5 The thing is that you owe a lot of money, and…we wouldn't want to add to it.
6 BUT HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO OPERATE WITHOUT YOU?
7 Oh, we have total confidence in you, the Caprese always get by.
8 That is to say, we're leaving you guys now.

9 Good luck and see you soon!
10 They are abandonng us…
11 Ambre?

As I said, it is half assed and I did not proof read, but it should be better than a google translation. Also cooking recipes and ingredient names really are a pain in the ass. Do you guys really care about that?

Oh hey, cool ! Discussed starting something like that in the french comics thread , glad to see many people want to get into this
I could do a fairly good translation of whatever, but I'd need someone to take care of all the actual work regarding replacing the french in the comic with the translation, as I suck with anything photoshop-related, and I would very probably need one or two editors to put it back in "shape", in case a few puns are missed, or if I make some simple english mistakes, which might obviously happen as I'm no english native.
I'll start reviewing >>535372's work, see if maybe there was something a bit dingy in there that might need a second opinion (obviously, if not I'll shut my face)

Great

I really should have proofread it, and it could use some smoothing.

Also fuck you for not responding to me in that other thread

I won't bother with the typos, I'll let an english native take care of them.

Page 2
1: Had I know I would have made up with my dad, but he was really pissing me off with his 3 star restautant.
2 And you call that a chibouste? It's useless! Your cream turned!
3 I've had enough, you can take your cooking and shove it (should I keep cuisine for muh french?)
4 So I went to work in a restaurant where me talents would be appreciated.
5 -and worked in a three macarons michelin. (star = prestigious macaron Michelin = kinda shitty)
6 I don't care, take your uniform.
7 It kinda pissed dad off.
8 What? My son work in a fast food ?!?
9 Had we talked again, maybe the accident woudln't have happened…
10 But I was busy driving Ambre, my sister to Roissy (airport) while he was dying of cold…
There's a sense of « give me a break » here ; like « But, come on, I was busy »… by the way, it's « Amber » in the english version, if I recall the first volume's official translation. Needs to be checked too.
11 I'll call dad before taking off, will you want to say a few words to him?
12 No.
13 Then we met dad's banker, I have to say he did not leave a good impression.
14 And so you owe us 3 millions.
15 Now, Ambre and me have to pay him back. I think my sister found something to get by, which is good because the Michelin guide writers(? or food critic or inspector) can come by anytime.

Sorry hun, didn't seem like a question to be honest.

Page 3
1 The most important thing in high end cooking is…everything. Nothing must be left to chance and especially not the products we're working with. That's why a good chef before anything else is a good buyer.
2 Beautiful.
3 Ah?
4 A wonderful turbot, nice and firm, clear eyed and with really red gills..
5 The brigade can do wonders with it, the famous turbot with minced Saint-Jacques served with its foam(?) of Meursault my dad invented…
>Dude, relay the punctuation better : « The brigade could do wonders with this ! » Also, in the first volume, they seemed to keep meals in their french name, so I'd go with that in here too : « The famous «Turbot à l'émincé de Saint-Jacques avec son espuma au Meursault daddy came up with… »
6 Hey Miss Capresse!
7 Glad to see you, we have some comptability troubles…
8 Ah?
9 YOu can tell your dad the payment of the last delivery didn't pass at the bank, like if your account was blocked, see.
10 Hm, our dad is, well…
11 Drowning in troubles?
12 Dead.

Page 4
1 Those things happen. Meanwhile you'll have to take care of the last paymant before yo ucan order anything here.
3 Why, he'll resucitate? (It's growing on me)
4 You better never come back here!
5 He's lucky I didn't have my knifes on me.
6 If you have to cut in slices everyone we owe money to, you'll quickly get tired.
7 I m sorry, I m a mess, I feel like we'll never get out of this hole.
8 We're not alone, Ambre, luckily we can count on our tight and dedicated crew.
9 You're right

Page 5
1 Huh?!
2 You're quitting? What the hell!
3 You have to understand Ambre, we know you're having money issues, and we all have families…
4 Do you think we won't be able to pay your, Arthur and me?!
5 The thing is that you owe a lot of money, and…we wouldn't want to add to it.
6 BUT HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO OPERATE WITHOUT YOU?
7 Oh, we have total confidence in you, the Caprese always get by.
8 That is to say, we're leaving you guys now.
10 They are abandonng us…
11 Ambre?

I'll keep going.

Page
Regarding the faggot's speech, I'll make it a bit "precious" on purpose.
1. I'm leaving as well, Amber.
2. It is no cowardice. I had to, I had talked about it with your father.
3. I was taught here all I could learn and it would be heavy on me to drag on [don't think it's the right word here, something more subtle than that would be better] in the same places too long.
4. I can hear the other side calling, ''I can feel it!"" [in english in the text; also, changed "the horizon" to "the other side", unsure if something like "the skyline" would sound all that pseudo-poetic here]
5. Farewell, Amber.
Sign. Exit
6. B-but… Viktor?
7. I'm sorry… I know you and him had a…
8. Well, mostly you…
9. Who cares, you moron! Don't you get that if they all walk away [something a bit more impolite would work better], we'll go to the slammer!!! [wondering if "slammer" here works in english; she's using french slang for "jail"]

Page 7
1. Uh…
2. We're still here, you know!
3. Yes, of course…
And thank you… I am deeply moved…
4. Sadly, four people in the kitchen and three in the [room ? How do you call the dining part of a restaurant for the diners ?] won't be enough to support this house ["the clos" if the translation keeps the restaurant's french name]…
5. It… it won't be easy, but we might hire people.
6. You know, getting 18 people in a day [can't recall if there's a better formulation for "in a day" in english]… I'd have no idea where to look…
7. I do, though.

Page 8
1. Follow me!
2. That's my little bro! Filled with great ideas! He's going to save us all!
3. But…
4. You fucking with me ?!?
5. Got a better option?
6. Is that really where you want to find recruits… ?
7. Ee-yup.

Page 9
1. Arthur! D'you know how late you are? You better have a great excuse!
Because your "My father died" won't save you every time!
2. 'scuse me, 'scuse me…
3. Hey, aren't you tired of smelling like grease all day? To get yelled at by some looney dolt?
To swallow some horrid grub? To be ashamed of what the job adds to your resume?
4. Le clos des épices [keeping the french name, will need to check if the original translation did as well] needs new recruits! Come experience a three-macarons ["trois-macarons" if it's kept french too]!
5. Ain't you nuts?
6. Arthur…
YOU'RE FI…
7. I quit.
[ndt : what a retard, in france, if you get fired, you receive some financial compensation, but not if you quit]
8. Haha, said it quicker!

Can't be arsed with the rest right now, will take care of it a bit later.
As usual, get an editor to take a look at what was made so far and "perfect it" in english; I gave a few indications in case of the tone/personalities/etc. influence the exact lines or some shit. What also matters is to find people good with photoshop or some stuff like this to replace the french text with the translation.
Then we'll just take a look at the editor's choices and discuss whether they fit the original tone/meaning.
Posting some stuff from the french society of translators that might interest anyone else into trying their hand in translating some shit.

I m not a fan of names changing in translation, but it's not like I cared much about it so I'll switch.

For the dad/daddy, I really find daddy too child like, but that may just be me. If I had to compare it with Père/Papa, I'd definitely go for "papa" because "père" sounds way to formal, but I never had the same feeling out of "dad"

Honestly that's pretty much what I got from the character, distracted by troubles slightly exaggerated, especially since he's aware there are at least money issues.

Page 2

1: Had I know I would have made up (or reconciled) with my dad, but he was really getting on my nerves with his 3 star restaurant.
2 And you call that a Chibouste ? It's worthless ! Your cream turned ! (I checked it, something turns sour and I heard "the milk has turned" often, so it's probably alright)
3 I m sick of you bossing me around like that, you can shove your cuisine where I think dad, I quit. (where I think sounds kinda wrong, but that may just be me, bossing me around is optional)

4 So I went to work in a restaurant where my talents would be appreciated.
5 and worked in a three macarons Michelin. (star = prestigious macaron Michelin = kinda shitty, maybe keep that as an annotation somewhere)
6 Don't care, here, put your uniform on.

7 It made dad a bit mad…
8 What? My son is working in (or at, whatever fits better) a fast food ?!?

9 Had we talked again, maybe the accident wouldn't have taken place…

10 But I was busy driving Amber, my sister, to Roissy (airport) while he was dying of cold…
11 I'll call dad before the take off, will you want to talk (gonna leave this one to a native speaker) with him a bit?
12 No.

13 Then we met dad's banker, I have to say he didn't vie us a good impression.
14 Now then you owe us 3 million euros.

15 Now, Amber and I have to pay him back. I think my sister found something to get by, which is good because the Michelin guide writers(? or food critic or inspector) might come by anytime.

Page 3

1 The most important thing in gastronomy is…everything. Nothing can be left to chance, especially not the products we're working with. That's why a good chef, before anything else, is a good buyer.
2 Hello pretty thing !
3 Ah ?

4 A wonderful turbot, nice, firm, clear eyed with really red gills.
5 The brigade could do wonders with it! The famous Turbot à l'émincé de Saint-Jacques avec son espuma au Meursault daddy came up with.
6 Say, Miss Caprese !
7 Glad to see you, we have some accounting issues…
8 Ah ?

9 You can tell your dad last delivery's payment didn't pass at the bank, like if your account was blocked, m'see (or you see).
10 Hmm, our dad is…
11 Distracted? Some trouble ?
12 Dead.

Page 4

1 Those things happen. Meanwhile you'll have to take care of the last payment before you can order anything else.
3 Why, he'll resurrect ?

4 Don't (fucking) come here ever again (if you wanna go full on vulgar, maybe adding shitheads at the end) !

5 He's lucky I didn't have my knives (or blades) on me.
6 If you had to slice (maybe add "and dice" to keep with the cuisine theme, just an idea) everyone we owe money to, you'll never see the end of it.
7 I m sorry, I m losing it… it feels like we're never gonna make it.
8 We're on our own, Amber, thankfully we can count on our tight and loyal crew.
9 You're right.

Page 5

1 Huh?!
2 What do you mean, you're quitting ?

3 Try to understand Amber, we're aware you're having money troubles, and we all have families…
4 Do you think Arthur and I would ever stop paying your wages ?!
5 Thing is… your debt is kinda big (not sure how they would know how bad the situation is, but whatever)… and uh, we wouldn't want to add up to it, y'know
6 BUT HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO OPERATE (or open/run the restaurant) WITHOUT YOU ?
7 Oh, you'll get through this, the Caprese always manage.
8 That is to say, well… we're leaving you guys now.

10 They are abandoning us…
11 Amber?

Didn't seem like this got posted hours ago so I'll try again.

Didn't think anyone was interested in translating anything and making a project of it. I certainly know the feeling of being in groups that last for a short while and people disappearing for whatever reason. I was just the backup for translations for mangas that were in french or that guy used for searching through multiple online translators in other languages to try to get an idea of what is being said and being liberal with how it's suppose to be understood in english. I was also editor for those groups too so I could help out here.

I could get started tomorrow because I have some issues to deal with which is making room to work on any project. I'm using a different computer because the other one blue screened on me so I've been delayed in my raw duties because of it.

Quick question. Is there a prefered font that people would like used? Should I work on it when all the translations are done and corrected? I'm getting a little confused at which one is the official one I should use here. Maybe some kind of way that tells which is the latest version would help out.

I also have lingering projects from other groups I've been in. Would anyone mind if I just put them up in the thread as well since I doubt the other group I worked with will continue?

If anyone has got other projects that they'd like to be worked on, I'd be willing to edit those as well. I'm more of a manga guy but I haven't found any Japanese anons that stay long to complete anything. There is so many interesting manga that have been dropped or short of completion but nobody has stepped up to help even when I offered to do most of the editing.

I just like to see things completed. If anybody is willing to provide translations for any comic or manga that is interesting or short of completion, I'd be willing to lend a hand to finish it off. Just a forewarning. Since I had to use an older computer at the moment, I'm using an older version of photoshop that works with it. I'm not sure of any weird quirks it may have that make it different from the latest versions. I don't think it will be too radical a difference if I'm using an old version of photoshop but I could be wrong on that.

I wouldn't want to pretend I'm the "official" translator or anything; this project is just something some anons discussed and probably started semi-randomly, so there is nothing official or organized yet in the first place.
Perhaps getting something more "constructed" could indeed ensure this becomes more than a "hey guys I found a french comic anyone wanna help translate it ?", but this requires many people, dedicated, involved, willing and capable. Which would mean needing a lot of time too since it'd obviously be doing it for free.
Anyway, perhaps, before getting right away into translating shit, discussing the basics would be more practical ? Or, on the contrary, should jumping onto this shit right now be the priority ?

Honestly it should work out okay if people continue to drop translations randomly, and I m not sure that it would take a lot of time, while still rough we already did a 1/6 of the total and I could probably drop a couple more pages tonight and some tomorrow.
I just saw this thread in the catalog and decided what the hell, I m gonna do begin the translation and continue to do so whenever I felt like it without putting too much effort into it.(I was going to correct the first one, had I been given the time before the thread garnered some attention)

Also why should it be more than a "hey guys, let's translate some stuff", what would that more be? As long as anons are doing some translating and a guy decides to edit it in once we have gone through everything and polished it, it should be fine, it's not like it is a massive undertaking.

I m mostly having issues with terms like "école hôtelière" for example, I got hotel management school but some it may be closer to some kind of trade school.
The one thing that should be important is announcing what we're about to translate, I've got the 11 done and was about to do the 12, but I have something to do in the morning so I'll probably post those tomorrow.

My worry is that some people do some translating job, and then there's no one to edit that work, or put it in the comic, or that some people who are shit at translating come out of nowhere and start doing a shitty job, or…
having an "organized group" ensures quality is more likely. However, I get the "just do it when you feel like it who cares" point, which is obviously related to a chan project, somehow.
And I know I'm a lazy fucktard so I might be capable of just going "meh I'll do it later" and never finish helping for example

Also "école hôtelière" would be closer to hotel management if I got that right.

And here I thought people'd given up on this thread.
Anyway, while you guys were busy giving out translations and setting stuff up, I sorta went and translated the first 8 pages by myself. Oops.
It's shitty Paint work and I had no idea how to get the right font, but if you want it, it's a start. Might do some more tomorrow, this took way longer than expected.

Quads, nice.
Anyway, here's the rest.

I don't speak french, but I could always put it all on the pages. Does anyone know what is the name of the font used in the original? What are some other good choices? From what I have seen so far, Laffayette Comic Pro, Back Issues, and Anime Ace look best so far out of free fonts.

I won't be able to get to it until this Friday, though.

Kek, not bad work there
You took a few liberties here and there but it kinda works. A few things maybe to perfect but it's merely details.

I can't really tell which of the first of the third ones is the same one. Definitely not the second one at least.

Same, that's why I m not gonna make any long term promises, especially if this takes weeks (it really shouldn't).

Anyway the way I m trying to do the translations is to do a basic one, trying to keep the tone and intent of the original, without much creativity and provide something somewhat decent that could be used as is, but could also be polished by someone who doesn't understand the French, more like a template of sort.

I m not sure how much I can allow myself to change, for pic related for example I'd put:
1 M'am, we're ready.
2 Not quite
3 Almost ! Here, better. (or simply better)
The reason why I write this is because I did change what is said in the second one, but it still express the same thing (and here enters subjectivity)

Was gonna keep it until tomorrow because I just did a basic typo check, but those two are somewhat ready.
Page 10
1 You'll see, it's a great team.
2 Sure.
3 Are you crying ? (Is it a tear doesn't quite right) Is it because of the onions at the Fast-do?
4 Pff ! It's nothing. I m just… just exhausted.
5 Okay. You should get some rest.
6 VIKTOOR IS GONE ! BOUHOUHHH !
7 Yeah, that's what I thought.
8 I believed that… finally… at least a little…but now, he… and…
9 I understand, I understand. (or I see, I see.)
10 You don't understand anything (or you don't see anything) ! You guys are all the same !
11 But huh.. you love him ?
12 I hate him. Anyway we don't have time for love (or romance ) with all the work we have. ( or "We have way too much work to be in love")

Page 11
1 The next day…
2 At the hotel management school (ecole hoteliere in french, not sure what the equivalent is) it would take years to learn what you will have to know by Tuesday .
3 Good thing you're already used to the rush. (Yes, I did change it)
4 To my left, the kitchen brigade, follow Oscar, he's your instructor.
5 To my right, the service team (those working the room and tables), pass by the dressing room (locker room?) and then join me.
6 Aren't they great?
7 Uh… at least, they are here.
8 Those clothes look kinda sad, don't they? (I m having trouble picturing what sad clothes are, but that may just be my autism)
9 I liked the rabbit costume…

By the way, regarding translating this comic
it is filled to the brim with specialized words, so someone should go dig some culinary dictionary and some shit because there'll be a fuckton of complex things that apparently need to respect a very specific vocabulary.
The parts about silly dialogue and the banker trying to rape Amber in public aren't very complex, but that sequence when she sleepcooks is going to be a massive pain.
It's 5am and I'm still awake what am I doing with my life

Hey Val, you said in a another thread you have the comic of Pyrene, it was already translated ?

evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/?c=pyrenee
Here you go.

Oh nice, you have the raw too ?

Yeah, but scanned it myself rather shittily, so it's not professional-looking at all.

Well, I'm still here. Things are gonna be slowing down now as we get more into the kitchen jargon stuff, but I'm not quitting yet. Have 5 pages.
This kinda stuff makes me wish we were still together with /ck/. Could've helped out a lot.
Also props to Arleston and Alwett for predicting eggplants would become a weapon of the muh soggy knee terrorists :^)

Finishing up for today. There's probably quite a few culinary terms that aren't properly translated, so apologies for that, but eh, I tried.
Tomorrow I'll be tackling that recepy page. JOY.

Nice stuff user !
Not fond of "why so teary-eyed ?", especially when right after he uses the word "eye" again. Maybe "Why the tears ?"
Also "pff" is very french I feel.
"All you guys are the same" sounds clumsy. "Men are all the same" is smoother. I know in the original it does sound a bit clumsy though, so maybe I'm wrong.
I feel the "now" at the end of "to be falling in love" is redundant, as we already have "we have got", that implies it's right now.
Avoid repetitions like "you guys" too often.
Is "rejoin" the right word in english ?..
"Are they the best or what" is definitely a gallicism. No way this exists in english. Something like "Didn't I tell you they're the best ?"
"I liked the bunny outfit more…" sounds a bit more childish.
"Here we are" is too polite for the guy, who is supposed to sound a bit "street", unprofessional.
Is "friendliness" the right term ? "Amiability" is much closer to the original sense, as friendliness implies you want the waiters to be friends with the clients.
Isn't "efficiency" better than "effectiveness" ?
"Do as I do" sounds weird. Maybe use "follow my lead" ? Or "imitate me".
"Alright" is more "english" than "good" as a way to say "alright, fine, let's get to it"
You're completely losing the joke by having "eggplant". First off, it's very possible to simply keep the french name; read the first volume's official translation, they keep all meals in french. This would make it much easier to have the girl not understand it's just food and not her imagining whatever. Second, he doesn't even say "eggplant" but "cucurbit", which, as well, is much easier to turn into a lewd joke in one's mind.
The sexual joke is a joke, so it needs to sound a bit more efficient as well, more fluid. Depends whether we keep meal names in french or not, and if we follow the first volume's work, it's what should be chosen for continuity reasons. Anyway, her phrase should be something like "If that's some sex stuff, I ain't touching that !"
I think even "cooking" can be kept as "cuisine". And "here's the recipe", not "recepies". Also, dude, "plan de travail" is a piece of furniture, that's where you prepare your food (or whatever else). He says "Here's the recipe. Now, everyone pick a [plan de travail]" I don't know what word to use to translate it, however. Surely there's a specific one in english as well.
"Put your all" doesn't at all convey what it's about. More like "put your very soul", and even then I'm sure there could be a better formulation than with "put".
I'm wondering if we should use "cooks" or "chefs". In that case, "chef" sounds much more "cuisine", and definitely more professional, respectable than "cook".

I'll need to check if the first volume's translation of the restaurant name was in french or in english.
I'd go with "What sort of icing is that", bit more fluid.
I think the "give our kids a break" doesn't represent the supposed kindness of the mother. Something a bit softer, you know, the "ara ara" kind, is needed. Also, I just noticed that pantsu shot with the loli.
I'm wondering if the usage of "ought" was formulated well. Is it supposed to be before or after "rather" ? This shit is so rare that I can't remember how it's supposed to work.
I think "excellence is to be cultivated early" has got more weight to it.
In english, I believe "seconde-zone" is translated to "third-rate", not "second rate"
That whole "basic education" part is a bit meh. First off, "basic education" isn't representing how negative it sounds when he says it; it's really supposed to mean how it was minimal. I'm unsure about "despicable" being the right word, but I don't think ti's too bad either. "to refuse to do something anymore" is wrong, that's not how you say it in english. Something like "She won't stand behind a [piano] ever again" is much more "english". Also, yeah, I'm wondering if perhaps there isn't an english word specifically for "cuisinière" the same way in french there seems to be a traditional one, "piano", for it. Fucking cooks holy shit. Oh, and by the way, "she stayed in the dining room", don't you think "she stayed to help as a waitress" would be better ?
"slaving away" is a bit too harsh. He just goes "I took a job at Fast-do". The rest is good.
More than "in fact", I'd go with "as expected", and "vexed" isn't harsh enough. "it got him so mad we stopped talking altogether" is better.
"I'd never gotten", not "I'd never got"
"He's long since" implies there's been a fuckton of times, like, years. It's been less than a month if I recall. You confused the french phrase : he means they haven't talked in a VERY LONG TIME, so long that this was the last conversation they had before his death. Maybe "And he died before we got a chance to have a long overdue conversation.", although it somewhat might imply he had specific things to tell him ? Which, in a way, might be relevant here, but it's not that implied in the original speech.
"what you guys made of it" isn't right. "how everyone handled themselves", maybe ?
And "we're heading" instead of "we're headed"
"In the dining room" forgets the "whereas, in the dining room", like, it's a bit of a joke about "in the kitchen it's awful, but, you know, it's SO obviously different in the dining room !"
Regarding the waiting, I think we can allow ourselves some liberties. "Has Monsieur found something to his taste ?" or shit like that.
I still think we need to keep the meals in their original french name. Sorry about all the work you put into finding them in english… but if that's what the first volume's translation went with, that's something we need to do.
Be infinitely more polite with the waiter's speech. "Would you perhaps enjoy an entrée, Monsieur ?"
On the contrary, be a bit more impolite with the guy's speech "Well, no, that's expensive enough you know!" or some shit
I'm wondering if it shouldn't be "michelin-starred". Also, it isn't "we" but "you", in english "we" adresses only the notion of "me and other people", not like "on" in french. Oh, and it's "use your memory", not "memories"; "memories" is like trying to remember old times when you were young and shit like that.
Careful with repetitions; you use "memory" right before, so go with "remember" or something later on. Oh, and it's not "whole" but "entire thing". I'd also put quotes around "pigeon" because otherwise it sounds like a simple pigeon, I dunno it seems weird.
"You offer the choice" is a gallicism. "The selection for the client is:"; also I think it's better to say "we have some". Other than that, great work with researching that shit nigga.
I'm wondering if "you put it down the serving plate" instead of "on the serving plate" wouldn't sound better. Will need an english native to tell me. Also, are you sure it's "serving plate" ?
I'd be a bit more stressing of the point she's making about "always on the right". "In every instance, you wait from the right"… also, is it "from" or "by" ? Hesitating; again, any english asshole in here ? And "never cross" sounds strange. Again : some burger in here to give some advice about "never put something on the right when you're standing on the left", basically, how could it be formulated best ?
"Can they have them" is a gallicism. "Is that fine/alright?" is better. Also, "multiple" is a bit too polite of a word. Maybe "several" is simpler.
"per person" isn't the word, it'd be "per head", if I recall. Also, "they can have all the breads they want" sounds better.
"we'll respond to them with a smile"; drop the "to them", useless

"continues" should be "keeps on going", I think
I'm wondering if "You smell something?" wouldn't be a bit funnier with the "FIRE!" cry than "you smell something burning"
"may I be allowed to please take your coat"; the "please" is overdoing it, kek"
I'm wondering if "excellent choice" is that alright. Wouldn't there be a better word than "choice" here ?
Also, "have you had" is a bit of a heavy way to say it. "Did you have is better, and I'm even wondering if "Would you need some time to look at the desserts?" wouldn't be much better.
As usual, I'd go with french meal names instead; sorry you had to work through all that shit haha.
"we reopen" sounds very, very weird. "And it won't just be", not "it won't be just"; more than that, I'd say "There will be more than just one client". And finally, what is that "it's going to be a whole new ballgame" ?.. is that a common english idiom I never heard before, or… ? I just checked and it seems to be a thing indeed, but I'd like to have english speakers here to tell me if it is still in use, or if it sounds like a 500 years old lady.

Anyway
WE NEED ENGLISH NATIVES WHO KNOW THEIR SHIT A BIT AT THE VERY LEAST TO HELP OUT WITH WHAT SOUNDS FINE OR NOT

Trying to find all "Les Sisters" volumes online.
Really having some trouble…

Well it's a comic for little girls, most of them read their comics on paper and won't scan all pages professionally then put them on some torrenting site.

Hey guys, just so you know I haven't forgotten about this thread. I'm just a bit busy with other shit, mostly Stardew Valley and its mods.
While the other froganon takes care of the recipe page (good luck man, this shit looks like a pain), I'll try going for the rest of the story.

Thank you for your work so far, anons.

5 and worked in a three macarons Michelin. (star = prestigious macaron Michelin = kinda shitty, maybe keep that as an annotation somewhere)
We can always put translation notes, like they do in decent book and anime translations

>13 Then we met dad's banker, I have to say he didn't vie us a good impression.
I assume it's a type of "give"

It needs a comma after then:
Now then, you owe us 3 million euros.

It is much smoother without stuff in the parenthesis.

Other than that, it seems good to me.

PAGE 17
3rd panel
It should be: I never got the details. "I'd" is basically shortened "I would"

4th panel
That sentence is just clumsy. I'd go with something that sounds more natural, like:
And he was gone/died before we could talk it/matters over again etc.

Last panel
"It/this is going to be a disaster" sounds more natural and is more commonly used (as far as I know, anyway).

PAGE 18
2nd panel
Since it is a fancy restaurant, it she would probably use "entree" instead of "starter"
Other than that, sentence sounds a little clumsy. It is tecnically correct, but:
"Would't you like an entree, sir" or "Don't you want to order an entree, sir" would be better.

PAGE 20
2nd panel
It would sound better with "chart" replaced with "menu" or just completely skipped.

yes, it is

"Aren't they the best?" is another alternative

It sounds fine to me, but then I don't speak french so have no idea as to original meaning

Imitate me makes her sound like a Bazinga Theory character. "Follow my lead" leaves a little more room for independence than "Do the same thing I do," "Do as I do," "Do what I am doing"

Chefs is more fitting, given that the story takes place in an actual restaurant. However, chef is higher in ranking than the cook, with (executive) chef being someone who rules in the kitchen and mastered the craft, having people like chefs de partie and specialized chefs under him, and cooks being below them.

What about"Don't be so harsh on them"?

I used to work in a restaurant and retail, we used "reopen" all the time.

Neither sounds quite right, but I got into in higher up

"It's going to be a disaster" sounds more natural and organic in a stressful situation like that, but I am not sure whether it reflects original meaning accurately

"wait from the right" is correct, "by" is not fitting in this instance

sounds good to me

Other than that, it is a solid advice.

Full disclosure: English is my second language

Honestly, recipe seems like more work than it is worth, and could be left for the end. Who's gonna cook it? Caesar Burger from 1st issue was kind of lame anyway. They should try making something that sounds weird, but is ultimately good, like burger with peanut butter and pear.

I got a french friend. I'll send him here. If he's up for it. You got a guy to help.

… now I feel like an asshole…

On a second thought, replacing harsh with hard is more appropriate.

It could also be replaced with "Don't ever cross"
Looking back at that sentence, it sounds a little weird in English. People will understand what it means, but it just sounds a bit weird. I am not sure how to rephrase that part it into English any better.

Why?

I keep correcting you on your english and you're telling me you speak it fluently, so…
And my issue is with "cross", I dunno.

Anyone have Violine 4/5, even as raws?

It requires a (free) account, but if you're desperate.
t411.cc/torrents/violine-tomes-4-et-5-cbr

It feel like I've been shilling for this considering the amount of times I've linked to recently.

Fuck's sake I've been slacking
working on this shit some more, sorry guys

So, starting from page 21 !
(I'll need help here, I suck with location stuff like "at" or "in" or whatever, english makes no sense to me with those, so I dunno if it's "at versailles" or "in versailles")

1. In Versailles, a castle was built under the Roi-Soleil's orders [or Sun-King ? Not sure it translates], surrounded by gardens from Lenôtre and tourist cars. Seven million of them, every year…
2. A few hundred meters from there, you will also find the rest house "Les Capucines", where visitors are slightly fewer…
3. [Right here, first verse of a children's song, don't know many in english, will need some native to help]
4. [Second verse]
5. [Last part, cut off just before the end]… ?
6. Adèle? Your kids are here.

Page 22
1. Hello mom, how are you?
2. Hello mom!
3. My darlings! You came to see me! I'm so happy!
4. She's having less crises lately, but still, try to not overdo it…
5. Right, it's just… we've got to tell her… about dad…
6. Your pumpkins are very pretty, mom.
7. It's because I paint them over so they look a healthy orange!
I've got my own ideas too! You'll have to tell your father.
8. Here, mom, let's go drink a grenadine.
9. Yay!

Page 23
1. Tea time is always the nicest time of day.
2. So… you're happy in here? Nurses are taking good care of you?
3. It's nice of you to worry, Amber, but I should be the one inquiring. I'm your mother, after all.
4. Tell me, how is it going in [what grade do ten year old kids go to ?]? Did you make any friends?
And what about you, Arthur, did you learn to read at school? Everything fine with your father?
5. That's the thing, mom. About dad, we need to tell you something… Last week, he went through… some problem…
6. Dear me! You fought again, didn't you? I know you don't have an easy father, but this man is so bright! Be kind to him.
7. It's my fault anyway… I'm not here to support him anymore.
8. Regardless, I'll be able to come back home soon! Your father promised I'd be back in shape quickly, and he'd come back for me.
9. Yes, of course mom ! You'll heal quick !

Page 24
1. Do tell him I'm studying my mother's recipes everyday! I keep her grimoire with me all the time! Your grandmother was such a talented woman, unlike me…
2. Your father… he's never coming to see me… Do you think he still loves me? Could there be another woman?
3. No, mom, there is no other woman…
4. You know how dad is? Cuisine is his one true love!
5. He talks about you a lot, he's just…
6. … too… busy to visit.
7. Truth is, mom…
8. Visit time is over! You have to take your pills, Adèle!
9. See you next time, my darlings! Tell your father I love him.

Page 25
1. We'll try to come back next week.
2. That would be wonderful, seeing you is really helping her.
Unlike her damn book.
3. It's eating away at her, she won't look at anything else.
4. You'll see, mom, someday, I'll be able to make a gombo-burger too!
5. Your recipe makes people from New York and San Francisco to try it! And I know your secret, it's all right there…
6. Mrs. Caprese, you'll have to take those! The doctor said so!
7. I DON'T WANNA!
8. OH NON!
9. MY GRIMOIRE! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE

Page 26
1. We're definitely alone now, right Amber?
2. Yeah. All alone.

Page 27
1. And that same night, Le Clos des Epices once again opens its doors…
2. Where is that damn Mesclun? I've got five plates to bring, you know!
3. WIPE IT BETTER! I CAN STILL SEE SOIL ON THOSE TRUFFLES!
4. Tonight's insane!
5. Yeah… real vultures! They just want to know what it's like without dad…
6. It's weird, though… I can't remember we took so many reservations…
7. TWO LOBSTERS, ONE WHELK, ONE CHARLOTTE, ONE LEEK!
FOLLOWED BY THREE HARES, ONE TURBOT, ONE PIDGEON!
8. Warn Amber there's only one pidgeon after that one.

Page 28
1. With pleasuuuuure! By what time do you think you'll be there, sir?
2. ?
3. 11pm? Well we usually don't serve after 10, but you're for someone so sweet…
4. EEEEK!
5. We were saying, four people…
6. Violette! You took many reservations all this time?
7. Yup, all of that! Look! Isn't that great?
8. EEEEK-AGAIN!
9. You're crazy! We don't have the room for that many people!
And we usually only serve people only once! [Very unsure about this one, might need review]
10. When I worked at Fast-Do, Mr. Franklin always said : never tell a client to leave, if there's too many, just shove them in.
11. Violette, how many rabbitsuits do you see here?
12. None, you're right, it's less cheerful…
13. Violette, we made you receptionist because you are… ehm… aesthetically relevant…

Page 29
1. BUT TOUCH THIS PHONE ONCE AGAIN AND I'M STRANGLING YOU WITH YOUR GUTS, YA HEAR ME?!
2. Ahem…
3. Oops! Sorry…
4. Berthier. We reserved for 8pm.
5. Yes, of course…
Naturally.
6. Violette will be picking your coats…
7. Uh, that's not right, you already have coats, I won't need to pick new ones…
8. Oooh!
[Okay, I need to explain that joke because I can't find a good way to convey it : literally, it goes "Violette will take your lockers" (meaning, she will take your coats, it's just a manner of speech), and Violette is dumb and goes "uh it's not your lockers I'm taking, but your coats". Not sure how to make a joke work with that]
9. If I may invite you for an apéritif in the petit salon… [left it in french here, sounds better I feel]

Sorry about the radio silence, people. Weekend got a bit more busy than expected, and that recipe page didn't exactly make it appealing to continue.
Still, the job got started so it might as well get finished. Have some pages.

Regarding the suggested corrections that others have posted: I'm not ignoring you guys, and there are enough cases where I agree. There's definitely some stuff I'd like to go back and change. But if we start changing things now, we'll probably never stop. So first priority will be to finish up the remaining pages, and after that we can go full pedant until the cows come home. Better a 3/10 attempted faithful translation for the whole work than a 9/10 faithful translation for the first five pages and nothing else.

Trips, sweet.
And the rest of the scene, so we can end on this jolly note for today.

Oh, well I guess i'll let you work on this then.

I was planning to do 10 pages today, but it was just one of those days. So yeah, have 5 instead, and let's hope I get this done before Easter.

Oh hey, he found an apron.

Thank you both for all the work. I didn't spot any errors or stuff that sounds wonky. If doing it all by yourself is too much, you could always split the work with namefag.

If Ekho #4 comes out in Polish before English translation pops up, I will translate it to repay the debt to the community. For whatever reason Comixology decided to stop at 2 issues, and Alice supposedly retired from translating.
Al lease the series seems to be selling well from what I gather, and they are already teasing tomme 5.

so theres no scans of Lord of Burger 3 & 4 ?

I managed to find only a handful dead links. Other than that, there was one semi-shifty looking site where you had to register and give your phone number to confirm registration. I didn't want to do that for a torrent file that could have no seeds.

I forgot to add, that I will keep looking for it once in a while.

fooling around i saw both on Amazon….

but lets not get desperate and try the usual ways first

Finishing up the dinner night from hell.

Up next: why this comic will never be published in the US under the current climate.

Merry Christmas, Holla Forums. I swear the writers must've been aiming for an award when they were planning this album, with all the shit they put their characters through.

On a more serious note: there's a page coming up with a bunch of different newspaper articles, with the text printed at different angles, obscured by other newspapers, and on difficult to redraw backgrounds. I can translate it no sweat, but to offer the translation and keep it presentable is beyond my skill). So I need someone who can help me with that. If you're an user with knowledge of typesetting in Photoshop/Manga Studio/whatever works, and feel like helping a Holla Forumsmrade out, let me know in the thread and we can work something out.

Why not use a more comic-like font? You can easily find some premium like CCWildWords, CCComicCrazy or CCJeffCampbell free online, just google "[name of font] free font download".

You can run some pages from Alice's version through whatfontis and whatthefont to find out what font she used.

That'd make it look miles better.

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't know the names of any comic book fonts, so I went with whatever that didn't seem too horrible. But frankly, even if I had those fonts I'd have no idea how to implement them (I'm using fucking Paint for this cuz I can't into actual art programs), and right now having a finished product takes priority. We can always polish things up after. Or you could already do it for the pages I've finished. You got the script and seem to know what you're talking about, so it shouldn't be much effort.

Well, photoshop is pretty easy to use if you can pirate it where you are, just highlight a balloon, fill with white, draw a text box and start typing.

I really can't help, for one thing the project doesn't really interest me, sorry. But the main reason is I have several translations on the go myself, and the typesetting is by far the most boring part, IMO. What I wouldn't give to have a team like the weeb scanlators.

I can do it once translating is complete.

You would need Photoshop, Gimp, Kritta, or any other image manipulation software that can use font plugins and preferably work with layers.

Don't sweat it, I can do it once translating is complete. You do plenty of good work putting it in English already. Besides, as said, typesetting is boring - doubly so if you have to go back and do it all over again.

I know it's technically /tg/'s meme, but is nice to see Holla Forums getting shit done

Keep up the good work

Good to see the project is still going. Sorry I didn't reply back for several days for the editing. I ran into some would say legal troubles that I had to dispute and it took a lot of my time to correct it. It's kind of personal so I won't get too involved in the details of it but all I have to say is "Fuck banks and the government". Those weeks were hell and I never want to go through it again.

Offer still stands. Any other projects out there that people want to get started I'm willing to help out in.

Still having that posting issue even after all this time. I just seem to have it more often on here than any other board.

You want to do all my typesetting for me? I kid, I kid.

This took entirely too long. Fourth page was without a doubt the hardest page in the whole album to do. I know it still looks like shit, but I don't have the skill to improve on it further, so, whatever works.
We're past the biggest hurdle. Only 7 more pages to go!

Thank you. I will get started on typesetting tomorrow and post paages in this thread. Once I am done, I'll make a cbz file and put it on volafile and zippyshare.

Were you the faggots who translated Ekhö? If so you are doing God's work

We Ratatouille now.

Only 2 more pages to go, coming right up!

WE DID IT REDDIT!

Started out translating this comic and we actually finished it. Who'd-a ever thunk it.

Well, now it's up to the rest of you to do what we comic- and cartoonfags do best: quibble and bicker about tiny insignificant details and argue why they should be changed. Typesetter user can then properly letter it. Or someone can already gather what we've got and let it set sail on the high seas as a placeholder.
I'm gonna be taking a backseat for the next few days, enjoy Easter and all that. But I'll be lurking the thread occasionally. Cheers.

Just a few extras before I go. Here are some fresh reaction images for all you bleeding-edge memers who want to take their shitposting game to the next level.

And a blank version of the newspaper articles page with shoddily redrawn backgrounds, because I wouldn't wish doing this stuff on my worst enemy.

Am I allowed to finally do my favorite job and say how I think other people's all wrong ? Cool !
I've already discussed at lengths many pages you'd translated at first, but I'll take a full look at it all and discuss it with other fluently french anons.
If there even are any.

Thanks a lot for your work, user although perhaps it's a bit strange to bother putting it all in the comic itself before we've confirmed what the "best" translation should be
Take some rest, you've definitely earned it.

still no Word on volumen 3 & 4 scans, right?

Once again, big thanks for your work.
I went ahead and did first page, with few minor changes based on other anons' feedback.
Let me know if there is anything that should be changed.

We can always fix things as we go, and while working on each page, I look over feedback from this thread. I think that putting first draft of translation on the page kind of speeds up the process, but it's my first time doing this stuff.

Nope. Plenty of 1s and 2s, but no working download links to 3 or 4.

Why do people do shit like that? It just looks fucking stupid as shit. Just call it 'Lord of Burger' for fuck's sake.

panel 3 balloon 1
at a restaurant, not at restaurant

panel 4 balloon 2
fast food, not fastfood

panel 5
I'd probably say happened rather than taken place

panel 7
I'd say met rather than encountered

It hasn't been ripped or scanned yet. The frogs won't scan it because it's shit. Phillywilly won't rip it because he thinks it's shit and he only did the first two because one of you fags wouldn't stop pestering him.

The good news though, is you guys can do it yourself if you're so desperate and willing to contribute. Just buy the books on comixology and screenshot them on an ipad or other tablet, then crop them on photoshop and you're done. Easy.

bump

Chill nigga it was just a passing complaint about the publisher, not the people translating it (I only read a couple pages because of the sexy french art tbh fam)

Meant to reply to >>548993
these guys anyway

Ok, fixed page 2 and did next three, based on other translations and feedback.

If anything needs fixing or you have any feedback, go ahead and let me know.

I might just do it if there is a demand. Assuming that comixology accepts prepaid cards and can be run on normal PC

Bump.
I will post more pages on Friaday and Saturday.

Found a few spelling errors.

P2
Panel 3: - immediately, not immidiately
- at a restaurant, not at restaurant
- appreciated, not appriciated
Panel 6: sister, not sisteer

P3
Panel 4: - Saint-Jacques, not Saint-Jaques
- daddy, not dady
Panel 6: your account has been blocked
Panel 7: trouble, not throuble

(P4
Panel 4: I'm actually not 100% sure about this one, but I think the expression is "set foot in", not "set a foot in")

P5
Panel 4: manage the restaurant, not manage restaurant

And there's a few bubbles where sentences don't have a period at the end. Other than that, good work!

I finished working on these but forgot to post them until today.

Thank you for proofreading. I fixed them.

Another four. I am getting quicker at this, and pages tend to have less text after the beginning, so I will probably do few more tomorrow.

Then I'll continue the proofreading as well.

P6
Panel 7: headed, not haded
(And this isn't an error per se, but maybe you could replace Victor's "so long" in panel 4 with "farewell"? It seems slightly more melodramatic and in character for the scene.)

P7
Panel 4: dining room, not dinning room

P8
Nothing, it's perfect.

P9
Perfect again.

P10
Panel 2: they're, not the're
(Panel 3: not sure about this, but maybe saying "at Fast-Do" would be more correct than "at the Fast-Do"? Since it's the name of a specific place, not something generic like "at the bar" or "at the car shop".)
(Panel 7: Again, not wrong, but in the context of the scene maybe "all you men" would work better than "all you guys".)

P11
Panel 1: - Tuesday, not Tueseday
- environment, not enviornment

P12
Perfect.

P13
Perfect again.

Final verdict: 4 Pachas out of 8. You're improving. Keep it up!

Thank you again. I fixed pages, but am I not sure whether there is point in posting them. I will put up more pages today and over the weekend.

Once I am done, I will just put all fixed ones here or make a separate storytime thread.

Bump. As soon as the image issues will be fixed, I will upload what I translated over last weekend.

Late, but here we are.

P14
Panel 2: Either "comes up with their" (third person conjugation) or "come up with your" (second person conjugation)

P15
Panel 1: Maybe "long before" would be better.
Panel 8: "turned out better"

P16
Panel 6/7?: "This is going to be a disaster" might sound better.

P17
Panel 1: - vegetable, not begetable
- chartreuse, not charteuse
Panel 5: "use your memory" might be better. It's a weird case where you adress everyone individually in a group. I'm honestly not too sure about the rules behind this either.
Panel 6: no grammar/spelling mistakes, but there's a big black oval in the last text balloon blocking out the words.

P18
Panel 1: "to their right" fits better.
Panel 3: - more, not moe
- annoying, not annonying
Panel 4: yowch, not yowtch
Panel 5: and, not abd

P19
Panel 1: rehearsal, not rehersal

A few more mistakes this time, but you're doing fine. Will you be lettering the recipe page next, or are you skipping it?

This may be a dumb question for you guys but:
What programs did you used to edit and translate the comic ?

Thank you, and don't worry - I am not exactly that punctual with this myself.
As to recipe page, I am going to skip if for now, since it looks fine as it is, and we could just as well skip it all together, since it doesn't add much to the story, and if recipe #1 is anything to go by, it's probably not very good anyway. If book name king of burger, I expected something creative like pic related rather than just Caesar Salad on a burger.

I use Photoshop to put words in. Other user used MS Paint.

(sekai ichi)
Thanks
I was thinking of translating Dr.Mortis to english the other day, that and some Judge Dredd to spanish

I wanna learn French. What do first?

Study. Get a self-teaching book or take a class. When you got basic vocabulary and grammar down, start watching french media with subtitles and try speaking with francophone people online. No real way to learn a language other than constant exposure to it.

I'll post more pages tonight

Here they are. Sorry for long absence, but I had to deal with exams and final projects. I have more free time now, so I will post pages every day.

I'd better start proofreading every day then.

P20
Panel 1: - palace, not place
- Le Nôtre, not the le notre. He was a person.
- tourists, not tourisrs
Panel 2: - nursing home, not a nursing home
- nasturtiums, not nasturimus
Panel 4: cockle shells and, not all. "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" is a real nursery rhyme. youtube.com/watch?v=xHIA7RexebY

P21
Perfect.

P22
Panel 2: the nurses, not nurses

Keep up the good work. Enjoy your break!

Thank you, I will.
Here's more.

And more.

P23
Panel 8: visiting hour, not vising hour

P24
Panel 3: burgers not burger. When referred to as a recipe, burgers are named as a plural.

P25
Perfect!

Thank you, they're fixed. Here's some more.

P26
Perfect.

P27
Perfect again.

P28
Perfect again! You're on a roll!

P29
Panel 2: appetizer, not apetizer
Panel 3: trouble, not throuble
Panel 6: intimate, not initmate

Ooh, so close…

Your doing God's work user.

Thank you once again.

Thank you, but any idiot with a photoshop can do it. Translating the whole thing is where real effort was at.

Speaking of which, I pulled the trigger and bought two remaining issues on comixology. Once we've done with this one, I can post those if someone wants to help translating.

I can't wait for the shitskins to kill the last frenchfag.

Everytime I think today's gonna be the day I won't find this thread in the catalogue, it makes a comeback outta nowhere. On to business!

P29
Wait a minute… I already reviewed this one!

P30
Panel 7: acceptable, not accemptable
(Kudos on the slightly smaller text in panel 4; nice attention to detail!)

P31
Panel 4: costs, not cosrs

P32
Perfect.

P33
Perfect again.
(Minor thing, but in (p17) you used "memorize", and here in panel 1 you used "caramelised". Neither are wrong, but it's better to be consistent about using either British or American spelling.)

I can do the translating for the other issues. Summer's coming up and I'm not busy.

When we are done with this one, I will start a new thread.

Another day, another spellcheck.

P34
Panel 2: - three chocolates symphony
- chartreuse, not charteuse

P35
Perfect.

P36
Panel 2: nonetheless, not nonethless
Panel 3: employees, not emplyees
Panel 4: reservation, not reseravtion
Panel 6: - most certainly, not mostly certainly
- once or twice more before

P37
Perfect. The best part about writing a page with intentional spelling errors is that the typesetter is always right no matter what, lol.

P38
Panel 1: Brugnon, not Burgnon
Panel 6: - Brugnon, not Burgnon
- lunch break, not luch break

Regarding the translation of the next issues: I'm going to be a little busy with other stuff for the next 2-3 weeks. I'll still have time to spellcheck the rest of this album, don't worry. But translating takes a lot more time, so if we finish this album before the end of the month, could we wait until after 4th of July to get started on volume 3?

user, thats the protag and hes french

go home Holla Forums, your drunk

Are we still on volume 2? are there scans of vol 3 or 4?

Thank you once again. I don't mind waiting. It will take a bit to go through all the issues and capture the pages anyway.

Yeah, it's still volume 2, but almost done. There is only about dozen pages left to go. I did get my hands on issues 3 and 4 in French.

P39
Panel 2: hadn't, not haden't
Panel 3: appointment, not appointmement
Panel 4: call, not cal
(Panel 5: it's not wrong, but maybe it would be better to drop the "with you" at the end of the phrase. It's already implied by the "discuss" and it makes the sentence structure awkward, because it could be interpreted like she has to pay herself every month.)

P40
Perfect.

P41
Perfect again.

P42
Panel 4: - Ambers last sentence is missing a period.
- pervert, not prevert
- ma'am, not ,a'am

P43
Perfect.

Alright, we'll finish this up then, and we'll continue after 4th of July when you've capped the pages for issue 3.

More?

I will post more later on today.

And OFF I go…

I didn't bother redoing page 48, and included it for completion.

P44
Fine.

P45
Panel 2: just a few weeks
Panel 3: at this rate, not at thir rate

P46
Panel 5: truly, not trurly

P46
No grammatical or spelling mistakes, but the lettering looks terrible. Ugh. Blegh. Phooie.

P47
Perfect.

LAST 10 PAGES

P44
Fine.

P45
Panel 2: just a few weeks
Panel 3: at this rate, not at thir rate

P46
Panel 5: truly, not trurly

P46
No grammatical or spelling mistakes, but the lettering looks terrible. Ugh. Blegh. Phooie.

P47
Perfect.

LAST 10 PAGES

Dangit CompileApe! But thanks for double dubs.

As always, thank you. Here are last pages.

Alright. Let's end this.

P48
Perfect.

P49
Perfect.

P50
Panel 5: then, not than

P51
Panel 1: bechamel, not bochamel

P52
Perfect.

P53
Panel 2: been, not not benn

P54
Perfect.

We're done!
Please dump the corrected version of the album in the thread for closure's sake, and then I can get started on translating issue 3 whenever you're ready.

burger bump.

Ok. Sorry for the long wait, but I re-read everything once more to make sure there is nothing wrong. I will dump the rest. If you notice any errors, let me know. Once it's good enough, I'll make it into cbz or cbr file. I will also have to fix the newspaper articles and the recipe.

As to new issue, should I make new thread for those? I won't be able to upload anything until Tueseday or Wednesday next week, because I will be away from internet until then.

P1
Panel 3: immediately, not immiediately

P2
Panel 4: daddy, not dady

P1
Panel 4: dining room, not dinning room

P3
Panel 6: It's not wrong, but "you're fir-" works better than "you're fir…" to show he's being interrupted.

P5
Panel 4: bit of a sad little uniform

P3
Panel 2: everyone comes, not everyones come

Page 4 has all the same mistakes from last time Did you upload the wrong version by mistake?

P5
Panels 4 & 6: some phrases are missing a period (.) at the end.

Pages 1, 2, and 3 still have the same mistakes from last time. >>590890

Perfect.

P5
Panel 2: nonetheless, not nonethetless

Page 3 still has the same mistakes from last time

Between page 5 of this post and page 1 of the next, there are also 5 pages missing. They're seen here >>617772

P5
Panel 5: then, not than

P1
Panel 1: bechamel, not bochamel

That'll do. I don't think we need a new thread for issue 3. We can keep going in this one until we reach bump limit.

To whoever else might still lurk this thread: I'll be taking a week off from internet as well, and likely won't stop by again before next week's Thursday. To make sure typesetter user sees these corrections, mind giving the thread a little bump if we start floating around page 9? Thanks in advance.

bump

Well, I'm back. Ready to translate #3 whenever other user's got the scans ready.

Thank you. I fixed old pages. I will do one or two more proofreads, and then pack it into a cbz file. Here comes volume 3.

Alright, let's do this. Two posts coming up. Hope I formatted this right…

Skipping pages 1-2

P3 (Credits - Please letter these in the same golden colour to preserve the page's aesthetic.)
Scenario: Christophe Arleston & Audrey Alwett
Art: Alessandro Barbucci
Clean-up: Daniela Vetro
Colours: Nephyla
Cover colours: Cecilia Giumento
Lettering: Serena Blasco

P4
Caption: PREVIOUSLY, IN LORD OF BURGER
Panel 1: Amber: My brother and I sure had a lot to deal with in the previous episodes!
Amber: Everything started three months before the Michelin Guide's publication. Daddy was on edge and wanted the Spice Garden, his three-star restaurant, to be even more flawless than usual.
Alessandro: What is this rag? Start over, or it'll be you who gets flat ironed!
Panel 2: Amber: As for my brother Arthur… Well, he was working at Fast-Do to piss off daddy, and to pay off his Chemistry studies.
Fast-Do boss: You almost done changing the recipes, Arthur?! That'll be two extra hours for your trouble!
Amber: On my end, I probably shouldn't have left to study the art of forging in Japan.
Panel 3: Amber: Because it was at that time when the accident took place.
Alessandro: Tss, she could've at least put away her tools!
Panel 4: Amber: Nobody knows how daddy managed to get himself trapped in the cold room.
Amber: Regardless, it got him killed.
Panel 5: Amber: It was Oscar, the Garden's sous-chef, who found the body.
Oscar: WAAAA HAAAA

P1
Panel 1: Amber: We'd only just cremated daddy, when we met Philip Berdieux of the Intercredit Bank.
Philip: Hi there, youngsters! When will you pay back the three million euros that your father borrowed from us?
Amber & Arthur: HOW MUCH?!?
Panel 2: Amber: We figured we could get through this, but that was before almost the entire Garden's staff left us.
Former employee: You understand, we had some other offers…
Panel 3: Amber: All of a sudden, we had to make do with new, uh… "professionals" who were trained on pretty short notice.
Cook: What do you mean, two pan-fried lobsters? We ran out of lobster over an hour ago!
Panel 4: Amber: Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for the inspectors who discretely paid us a visit.
Michelin guy: I'm sorry, but the Michelin Guide is obligated to remove your three stars. The Spice Garden isn't what it used to be in your father's time.
Panel 5: Amber: That horrible Berdieux also upped the pressure again for us to repay daddy's debt.
Amber: HEY! ARE YOU MAD?!
Philip: So you want an arrangement, my little piggy?
Panel 6: Amber: But I think I managed to calm him down for the moment.
Panel 7: Amber: Obviously, we can't count on mom, since she's in a nursing home…
Adèle: And I know all your grandmother's recipes by heart! You can make me recite them if you want!
Panel 8: Amber: So, except for Oscar, who stayed with us, we're totally on our own. And here we are, in this mess where not even Chuck Norris would know how to get out of…

P2
Panel 1: Caption: The beautiful Tuscany is a paradise for gastronomers. The people there grow grapes and olives, each one more exceptional than the last. With the grapes they make marvelous wines like the Brunello di Montalcino, and with the olives they make… oil.
Caption: And an olive oil tasting session can be as sophisticated and complex as a tasting of great wines.
Panel 2: Antonio: Nice colour, intense…
Panel 3: Antonio: Is this Corregiolo olive oil?
Panel 4: Vendor: 60% of it, yes.
Antonio: A rather particular olfactory intensity, such a pity.
Panel 5: Antonio: Hmm…

P3
Panel 1: Antonio: On the other hand, an intense fruity body… rich vegetable load, overtones of artichoke and cardoon… an ardent, fluid oil.
Antonio: Excellent.
Panel 2: Antonio: You will have 200 liters delivered to this address. The Spinazzi family.
Vendor: Um… Wouldn't you like to hear the price first?
Panel 3: Antonio: That won't be necessary. You'll be reasonable, won't you?
Panel 5: Antonio: And what have we here, that you're acting so mysterious about it?
Vendor: An exceptional production, signore.
Panel 6: Vendor: I use leucocarpa, a sublime virgin olive that, as you know, is an almost extinct species…
Panel 7: Vendor: …and of which the oil was once used to perform a king's last rites.
Antonio: Never tried it. They say the core is too big: it doesn't have enough flesh to be profitable.
Panel 8: Vendor: That's what makes my oil so rare!
Vendor: As for the price, certainly, ah… but I seemed to understand that you're looking for something better.

P4
Panel 1: Antonio: …
Antonio: Perfectly uninteresting.
Panel 2: Vendor: Well, obviously! You'd have to be an expert to appreciate this!
Panel 3: Antonio: Ah!
Panel 4: Antonio: May I?
Vendor: Be my guest.
Panel 5: Antonio: Then we will judge your level of expertise.
Panel 6: Vendor: Hey, wait, signore! What are you…?!?
Panel 8: Vendor: GLLLRGHH GLAAARGH!!!

P1
Panel 1: Passersby: That guy's crazy! We can't let him…
Vendor: Spinazzi family.
Panel 2: Passersby: Oh dear…
Vendor: Exactly.
Panel 4: Antonio: Ah. Would you excuse me.
Vendor: MMMH GLLLRGH
Panel 5: Antonio: Pronto! (t/n: Italian for hello, do not translate)
Phone: Antonio? You're going to Paris.
Panel 6: Antonio: Right now?
Vendor: SHBLLLGG!
Panel 7: Phone: Alessandro's kids are in trouble…
Panel 8: Phone: You'll get it fixed.
Antonio: Capito. (t/n: Italian for understood, do no translate)
Vendor: BLEARGH
Panel 9: Antonio: Parigi! Andiamo! (t/n: Italian for Paris! Let's go!, do not translate)

Back again. Is Holla Forums moving faster these days? Feels like you could leave a thread alone for a week with no worries in the past, yet now this one almost reached the end of the catalog in barely 3 days…

P2
Panel 1: Caption: Far away from Tuscany lies Paris, world capital of fashion and gastronomy.
Caption: Nonetheless, the Spice Garden, formerly among the City of Light's most prized restaurants, nowadays works with a reduced staff.
Arthur?: You can bring out the rest to table 5.
Amber?: On it!
Sign: The Spice Garden [P] reserved
Panel 2: Arthur: One lobster with citrus sauce!
Amber: It's disheartening to see the kitchen so deserted…
Panel 3: Arthur: Yeah, but I'm more annoyed by the empty room!
Panel 4: Amber: The loner at table 5 is watching everything… He might be a critic.
Amber: In the end he ordered a third meal, a tenderloin.
Arthur: If he's yet another one of those vultures, I'll add in rat poison!

P3
Panel 1: Tulio: So what do you think?
Panel 2: Miguel: Better than people say.
Miguel: These little asparaguses, they're top shelf. Nice and crispy…
Panel 3: Tulio: Their meals got the quality, but above all they fit the image nicely.
Panel 4: Miguel?: Yeah, they could be a real hit.
Panel 5: Tulio: Take a good look, here she comes.
Panel 6: Amber: Did you enjoy your meal?
Miguel: Oh yes, very much.
Panel 8: Miguel: Check out that ass! With just two or three close-up shots, we could make the audience ratings soar!
Tulio: For sure.

P4
Panel 1: Miguel: Yeah, and the brother could make the babes melt…
Tulio: We gotta have them.
Ingredients list: Ingredients
1 truss of green asparagus (they're best to get in the season, in spring, but the rest of the year you can find some decent ones coming in from Chile)
30 centiliters of whipped cream from Isigny
4 pieces of pork belly (black-bottom from Bigorre is the best!)
60 grams of green lentils from Puy
Recipe: Crispy asparagus tips please preserve the text's pink colour
and a Bigorre black-bottom cream in the same green colour please
Place the belly pieces please preserve the text's pink colour
in the oven to bake for 2 hours at 110°Celsius.
We'll boil the lentils in three times their volume's worth of
unsalted water, cold at first. This takes 30 minutes.
Wash the asparagus and broadly
cut the stalk.
Put them in a frying pan for 2 minutes
with a bit of oil (hazelnut
is best, otherwise olive)
and then throw them in chilled water.
Wipe them with paper towel.
Now the lentils are cooked:
lightly salt them, add a bit of pepper
or chili from Espelette, and move them to
the mixer with half of the whipped cream.
You'll obtain a bit of cream that you keep
warm in a saucepan on a lowest fire.
(Be careful not to let the whipped cream turn!)
That's it, the bellies are also cooked! please preserve the text's pink colour
Crispy on the outside, melting on the inside…
Recover the juice and deglaze it with the rest of
the whipped cream: you'll obtain a very nice
bit of sauce…
All that's left is to set the plate! For each one 1 cube of pork belly,
4 artistically arranged crispy asparaguses,
a line of sauce, and a little glass of lentil cream.

Gonna try doing more later, but I'm taking a break for the next few hours.

P1
Panel 1: Amber: The two from table 7 seem to be enjoying themselves…
Oscar: Maybe they'll send some of their friends our way?
Panel 2: Amber: But the other guy, the loner, is weeeeeird!
Amber: He ordered everything on the menu and now he's barely touching it!
Panel 3: Arthur: Yeah, definitely a critic then.
Arthur: But as long as he pays, I'll be happy to cook anything he wants for him!
Panel 5: Amber: Paying, always paying! And with the debt we've got, we'll never see the end of it anyway!
Oscar: Easy, Amber, easy! Let's not get discouraged!
Panel 6: Amber: Everything was so much easier when daddy was here…
Amber: I miss hiiiiiiiiiiiiim!
Panel 7: Arthur: It'll be fine, li'l sis…

P2
Panel 1: Antonio: …
Panel 2: Tulio: I asked around, they got some financial troubles. They won't be able to refuse.
Miguel: They shouldn't be too greedy…
Panel 3: Tulio: I've set up a modest baseline, and we'll make the big prize dazzle them, the 200 000 euros.
Panel 4: Miguel & Tulio: That's it, we'll take 'em!
Panel 7: Amber: Here you go, sirs.
Tulio: Ah, the bill!
Miguel: But in fact, we're not paying.
Panel 8: Tulio: Yes, instead, we'd like to make you an offer.
Panel 9: Tulio: Have you ever heard of Cook & Fight? It's a tv show we're launching this year…

P3
Pic related. Sorry, couldn't figure out a clear way to describe the page's flow.

P4
Panel 1: Amber: Television?!?
Panel 2: Amber: It's just that… I don't know too much about that… I'd have to talk it over with my brother…
Miguel: I'm sure he'll love the idea. Here's my card.
Panel 4: Amber: But about the bill…
Tulio: 200 000 euros at stake!
Panel 5: Miguel: I'll be expecting you very soon in my office.
Miguel: You'll become a star.
Panel 6: Amber: Ah…
Panel 7: Amber: Sir?
Antonio: I'll be back.
Panel 8: Antonio: Signori! A moment…
Tulio: Yes?

P1
Panel 1: Arthur: Amber! What's wrong?
Amber: They…
Panel 2: Amber: They all left without paying!
Panel 3: Arthur: THEY WHAT?!?
Panel 4: Arthur: I'M GOING TO KICK THEIR…
Panel 6: Arthur: ?!?
Tulio: Um… In the end…
Panel 7: Miguel: About the bill, we gave it some thought…
Tulio: Yes, short reckonings make long friends, right?

P2
Panel 1: Tulio: And the service, of course…
Antonio: Bene bene… (t/n: Italian for good good, do not translate)
Sound effect: tip tip
Panel 2: Sound effect: flip
Panel 3: Sound effect: chop
Panel 4: Antonio: It must be through there…
Panel 6: Arthur: Where does he think he's going?
Sound effect: brzz
Panel 7: Antonio: Here, this will do perfectly.

P3
Panel 1: Amber: Are you crazy? Why did you let him go up?
Arthur: I was collecting the bill! Since the clients were resistant to pay, I couldn't let them go!
Panel 2: Amber: Excuse me, sir, but this area is restricted for clients.
Antonio: You'll have to empty this room, little girl. I plan to stay here for a while.
Panel 3: Arthur: Thing is… we're not a hotel!
Amber: And this is my room!
Panel 4: Antonio: Yes, very charming. You can leave the plushies, I quite like them.
Panel 5: Amber & Arthur: ?!?
Antonio: For now I need to be alone for a bit.
Panel 6: Antonio: Have my shirt dry cleaned, thank you.
Panel 8: Amber: Who is this guy?!
Arthur: I… He…

P4
Panel 1: Antonio: Let's see…
Panel 3: Report title: Accidental death of Alessandro Caprese - Police report
Antonio: Hmm…
Panel 5: Amber: Are you sure we can go, with this guy staying at the Garden?
Arthur: Meh, Oscar can keep an eye on him.
Panel 6: Arthur: Besides, you know what the nurses said. We need to go see mom every week, or she'll throw a fit.
Amber: Yes.
Panel 7: Amber: But still, she never gets any better. These visits kill me!

Thank you. I will start dumping pages here once you are done translating.

hey dudes, nice effort

once you finish will you upload it somewhere? lie readcomics or any other of those sites?

P1
Panel 1: Oscar: So, ah… Are you enjoying your stay, sir?
Panel 2: Antonio: Why a cold chamber? Don't you work with fresh products?
Panel 3: Oscar: Oh, we don't store food there. It's actually the safe of a bank that was here before.
Oscar: Mister Caprese turned it into a cold room when his daughter got interested in ice sculpting.
Panel 5: Antonio: Mister Caprese, hm?
Oscar: Yes. He died four months ago. By getting locked inside. Just… a stupid accident.
Panel 6: Antonio: People can get locked in? That's dangerous.
Oscar: Normally there'd be a safety, but it's buggy. Amber also got herself trapped in there once or twice.
Panel 7: Oscar: That's why she kept the door open when she sculped, most of the time.
Antonio: You speak in past tense. Did she quit?

P2
Panel 1: Oscar: We've kept this room sealed since the… the accident.
Panel 3: Antonio: Hmm… The accident…
Panel 5: Caption: Not far away from Versailles, Adèle Caprese is being cared for, whose mental state is so fragile that the death of her husband is still being kept secret from her.
Adèle: Then, you add the corn to the stuffing and thoroughly coat the cockerel with…
Panel 6: Adèle: You're not listening, mister Citrouille!
Panel 7: Adèle: I'll put you in the corner if you keep this up!
Panel 8: Adèle: Now, let's continue the lesson!
Amber: Um. You told us that she had made progress.
Panel 9: Nurse: I'm sorry. It's that blasted cookbook that alway smakes her lose her grip on reality. We don't know why.

P3
Panel 1: Amber: It was the recipe book of her mother, our grandmother…
Panel 2: Amber: We never really knew her, she died when we were very little…
Panel 4: Amber: She managed a fabulous cajun kitchen. Even daddy folded before her…
Panel 5: Amber: The family was united back then…
Panel 6: Nurse: Anyhow, she never stops repeating that her mother had talent and she doesn't…
Panel 7: Nurse: She gets stuck on that book, we'd have to help her get rid of it!
Arthur: Alright. We'll see what we can do.
Panel 8: Amber: Hi mom!
Adèle: Amber, my dear! I'm so happy to see you!

P4
Panel 1: Adèle: You're just in time! Mister Citrouille wasn't listening to anything I was telling him!
Panel 2: Amber: Oh, you… you killed mister Citrouille!
Adèle: It's only a pumpkin, dear.
Panel 3: Adèle: It's cute, but you're past the age when you believe in things like that.
Adèle: Isn't your brother with you?
Panel 4: Arthur: SURPRISE!
Arthur: I got you a present, mommy!
Panel 5: Adèle: A present? For me? Oh, my little darlings!
Adèle: I adore presents!
Arthur: But in return, you also have to give me something…
Panel 6: Arthur: Gramma's recipe book.
Panel 7: Adèle: Uh… I can't…
Arthur: Ah. But then what will you give me for my birthday?
Panel 8: Adèle: Is… is it your birthday today?
Arthur: Yes. And you always give me a present for my birthday. Don't you remember, mommy?

P1
Panel 1: Adèle: Yes… I'm your mother… I would never forget this day…
Panel 2: Adèle: Here. Happy birthday, my dear.
Arthur: Thank you, mommy.
Panel 3: Arthur: In exchange, I'll give you this.
Panel 4: Adèle: Pastry recipes, by Adèle Laplume-Caprese…
Adèle: That's me!?
Book cover: Pastry Recipes, by Adèle Laplume-Caprese
Panel 5: Adèle: It's empty…
Arthur: Of course. It's for you to fill in. With your very own recipes.
Panel 6: Amber: We'll leave you be, mom. We have to go.
Panel 7: Amber: Never do that again!
Arthur: What do you mean?
Panel 8: Amber: Manipulating her! She doesn't understand! It's cruel!
Arthur: I got that damn book that keeps her stuck in the past away from her, that's what matters.

Typesetter user mentioned a .cbz, it will probably be floating around afterwards. Or it could get chucked on the vola.

P2
Panel 1: Caption: With 31% of the market share, Cook & Fight quickly established itself as the hit program…
Caption: Two weeks later, the studio is restless…
Panel 2: Tulio: Where the heck are they? We're going live on prime time in 30 minutes!
Miguel: Relax, they called to confirm. They'll be here.
Panel 3: Arthur: Isn't it to the left?
Amber: No, Studio 122 is up ahead!
Panel 4: Employee: Ah, there you are! Hurry! We're waiting for you in Make-up!
Panel 5: Arthur: Make-up? Me? But I'm not a girl!
Amber: Don't worry, it doesn't hurt, you'll see.
Panel 6: Announcer: …We now go back to Adriana on the set of COOOOOOK & FIIIIIGHT!
Panel 7: Adriana: We've got two fantastic teams tonight! The rising pair, Tony and Laura, from restaurant La Rivière in Baule…
Panel 8: Adriana: They've just landed their first star, and there's already talk of a second one coming up!

P3
Panel 1: Adriana: Across from them are Amber and Arthur from the Spice Garden, who just suffered the horrible ordeal of a demotion in the Michelin Guide…
Panel 2: Adriana: …and who have their heart set on finding their way back to the highest level!
Oscar: Yeaaaaaah! Wooo!
Panel 3: Adriana: And of course, our always extraordinary jury, Renaud Paragnac, Raymond Valleroy, and the irreplacable Auntie Louise!
Oscar: I apprenticed under Valleroy… he's a tough one! Oldschool!
Antonio: Hmm hmm.
Panel 4: Adriana: But our second jury is you! Cook the recipes along with our candidates and vote!
Panel 5: Miguel: So, how's our audience?
Tulio: We're off to a good start. Now we have to keep them here!
Panel 6: Adriana: For starters, our four candidates are going to the market! Today's theme is duck!
Panel 7: Adriana: So, Amber, Arthur, getting inspired?
Amber: Um… Yes…

P4
Panel 1: Dad: We got any duck? I feel like playing!
Adriana: Our candidates have four minutes to come up with a recipe they'll propose to us, and we'll be back after the break!
Mom: There are some breasts in the freezer.
Panel 2: Staff: Going back in 3 minutes 30!
Amber: Quick! We need an idea…
Arthur: Leave quickly?
Panel 3: Amber: What recipes with duck did daddy have?
Arthur: I… don't know! Amber, the whole world is watching us! I'm freaking out!
Panel 4: Amber: This isn't the time to break down, Arthur! We can do this! We're gonna win this!
Arthur: Ah?
Panel 5: Staff: '''Candidates in place! On air in 10 seconds!
Panel 6: Adriana: We're back on the stage of Cook & Fight! So, Tony and Laura, did the duck inspire you?
Tony: Oh yes, Adriana!
Laura: We'll start with a land-sea combination, duck with citrus fruits and crunchy lobsters!
Panel 7: Adriana: '''It already sounds delicious! How about you, Amber? Arthur?

P1
Panel 1: Amber: Well… Actually…
Arthur: Burger.
Panel 2: Adriana: Did I hear that right… a burger?!?
Panel 3: Adriana: And we're off! Candidates, gather your ingredients!
Oscar: A burger! Mister Arthur's gone crazy!
Panel 4: Amber: Are you out of your mind?
Arthur: I said the first thing I could come up with…
Panel 5: Arthur: But it was a good one! I know exactly what we're going to do!
Panel 6: Arthur: I'll start preparing the bread for the buns, you pluck the duck already!
Amber: Um… Yes.
Panel 7: Adriana: What does the jury think about our candidates' choices?
Valleroy: One must reserve final judgment until they've tasted the dish! But a burger, no. I refuse to even touch such a thing. It's an insult to cooking.
Paragnac: We'll see! Cooking isn't something fixed, you have to live and eat with the times!
Louise: Either way the little one doesn't really have a knack for ducks…

P2
Panel 1: Amber: Gniiiii!
Panel 3: Mom: You doing alright?
Dad: Yeah, I got it out of the wrap.
Panel 4: Laura: I start by preparing the blood oranges for the sauce's foundation, Tony takes care of the meat.
Adriana: Tony and Laura, you seem well-coordinated…
Panel 5: Adriana: Everything alright, Arthur?
Arthur: I'm kneading a mixed dough, wheat and rye, whose consistency and taste will perfectly suit the duck's potent taste.
Panel 6: Adriana: Amber seems more comfortable with the slicing than the plucking!
Amber: I have good knives, crafted in Japan by a master smith geisha.
Panel 7: Arthur: We cook the buns on one side, peppers on the other, the marrow bones will join them later!
Panel 8: Amber: Chop up part of the breast with a knife, meat and fat separately.

P3
See P1.

P4
See P2.

P1
Panel 1: Arthur: A honey and red wine sauce, a drop of vinegar. I'll deglaze the fried breast with this.
Panel 2: Amber: A couple of pear and fig slices, to cut out shapes with a cookie cutter…
Panel 3: Antonio: Bene, cousins, bene…
Oscar: Ah, they're your cousins? They didn't tell me anything!
Panel 4: Tony: The duck's in the oven, it's been filled with a creamy stuffing of orange and ginger. I just need to poach the lobsters, a minute will do.
Panel 5: Adriana: So, is the jury getting hungry?
Valleroy: One does not lose stars by accident.
Paragnac: This is all taking a lovely turn!
Louise: In the end, it's more two tinkerers and two real cooks!
Panel 6: Arthur: I put the chopped meat back together, lean on the inside, fat on the outside.
Panel 7: Arthur: …And we cook it! The duck's fat will mildly soak in the meat, which remains protected and nicely red. We'll remove the fat before setting up the dish.
Panel 8: Miguel: How we doing?
Tulio: Excellent. The viewer count keeps rising. This burger bomb's got the whole world on edge: there's already a buzz online. They're waiting to see the kids get crucified.

P2
Panel 1: Amber: The bread is crusty, the toppings are ready…
Panel 2: Arthur: Let's go!
Panel 4: Mom: Hurry, you're running behind!
Dad: They've got four hands, I only have two!
Panel 5: Amber: Deglazed honey sauce…
Arthur: Some arugula leaves…
Panel 6: Arthur: Medium rare ground duck…
Panel 7: Amber: Pear teardrops…
Panel 8: Arthur: Sliced duck breast…
Panel 9: Amber: And a nice spoonful of marrow!
Panel 10: Well then, it's time to present all this to our jury!

P3
Panel 1: Adriana: Raymond, will you at least try Amber and Arthur's burger?
Valleroy: Hmpf… This isn't the job's greatest moment…
Panel 2: Dad: It's done!
Panel 3: Son: Thanks dad!
Panel 4: Dad: Noooo!
Panels 5-6: Adriana: The tension reaches its highest point as our jury focuses…
Panel 9: Adriana: …But…
Panel 10: Adriana: They won't say anything for now, since there's a second dish to judge!
Laura: Duck with two kinds of orange and crunchy lobsters!

P4
Panel 1: Paragnac: Yum yum!
Panel 2: Mom: That also looks really good!
Dad: I don't care. Tomorrow I'm cooking the burger again.
Panel 3: Adriana: You can already start voting at home, by texting 1 for Arthur and Amber, 2 for Tony and Laura!
Panel 4: So, what's the jury's verdict?
Panel 5: Adriana: We'll start with Amber and Arthur…
Panel 7: Adriana: Two reds and only one blue! I'd say they weren't impressed!
Amber: Ah?
Panel 8: Paragnac: I liked it a lot! Inventive, original, a success!
Louise: A farce!
Valleroy: It's impossible to eat with a fork and knife!

P1
Panel 1: Paragnac: Of course! That's all on you, Raymond! To appreciate the vertical organisation of tastes, you have to chomp on it, not take it apart before eating!
Panel 2: Valleroy: I've been cooking for 50 years, you're not going to teach me how it's done!
Adriana: We won't get an agreement!
Panel 3: Adriana: Then, dear jury, your opinion on Tony and Laura's dish?
Adriana: Three blues!
Panel 4: Adriana: A grand slam for Laura and Tony!
Laura: Yesss!
Panel 5: Adriana: Any comment, Renaud?
Paragnac: I also gave blue since it was very well executed, but very traditional. Essentially, I was expecting something more fresh…
Oscar: It's over!
Panel 6: Oscar: Did you see… But… where did he go?!?
Panel 7: Adriana: It's up to you to keep voting! We'll be back after the break!
Panel 8: Arthur: I shouldn't have done it! A burger, that was ridiculous!
Amber: You believed in it, you were right to do it.

P2
Panel 1: Tulio: A record number of participants! We've never had this many calls!
Miguel: Those two really were a great idea.
Panel 2: Miguel: Regardless, doesn't matter who's ahead, we can't let them win.
Tulio: Why not?
Panel 3: Miguel: We're a show about gastronomy! If burgers win, we'll lose all credibility!
Panel 4: Miguel?: Here comes the result.
Panel 5: Miguel: Change it.
Panel 7: Miguel: Don't change it. Put the paper in the envelope and take it to the set.
Antonio: Bene.
Panel 8: Oscar: I haven't had any vodka since mister Caprese's death, but now…

P3
Panel 1: Sound effect: SCRUTCH!
Adriana: …And it's time to find out who you've chosen…
Panel 2: Adriana: They managed to win you over with their talent, they risked everything tonight on the stage of Cook & Fight… They're our new grand prize winners of 200 000 euros…
Panel 3: Adriana: Amber and Arthur!
Panel 4: Amber & Arthur: YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!
Panel 5: Oscar: YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!

P4
Panel 1: Caption: There are mornings when the sun seems to shine brighter than usual…
Panel 2: Caption: On the schoolyards…
Mobile trash: D'you watch Cook & Fight yesterday?
Handheld casual: Yeah, I even tried the burger my dad made! Fun times, but not on the level of Mickey D's.
Panel 3: Caption: In the offices…
Employee 1: …And did you see how cute Arthur is?
Employee 2: So handsome!
Panel 4: Goth 1: They say he used to work here. I already ate here.
Goth 2: Daaaaaamn!
Panel 5: Caption: Everywhere really…
Worker 1: Did they specify if the pear has to be a Williams, a Comice or a Beurré Hardy? They don't absord cooking juices the same way!
Worker 2: If you were in his place, wouldn't you have tried to cook it on a lower temperature, in more steps?
Panel 6: Caption: But mostly at the Spice Garden!
Crowd: We were here before you!
Crowd: Don't push!

P1
Panel 1: Amber: They all want burgers! The one they saw on tv yesterday!
Arthur: Coming through! We'll have to look for more ducks again!
Panel 2: Oscar: Regardless, the restaurant is full! Not like these last few days when we only had your cousin to feed!
Amber & Arthur: Our cousin?!?
Oscar: Well, yes… the client who lives here! He's your cousin, isn't he?
Panel 3: Greeter: but I'm telling you, sir, we're full!
Philip: Move.
Panel 4: Philip: Where's my cheque?
Arthur: Mister Berdieux?
Panel 5: Philip: My 200 000 euros! You won them yesterday! You'd better not have deposited them at another bank, you hear?
Arthur: If you want to be paid back, let us work!
Panel 6: Philip: You little shit, you don't talk to me like that! Where's that slut of a sister of yours?

P2
Panel 1: Amber: Would you like me to settle the issue, mister Berdieux?
Panel 2: Philip: You, if you threaten me again, you go straight to jail! Master Hunepa is here to record any violence!
Hunepa: She approaches brandishing a knife…
Panel 3: Antonio: Mister Berdieux, master Hunepa, if you would follow me into my office…
Philip: Hey! Who're you then?
Panel 4: Antonio: Antonio Spinazzi, newly in charge of the bookkeeping.
Panel 5: Antonio: And I appreciate your formal tone.
Panel 6: Amber: "Newly in charge of the bookkeeping"?!?
Arthur: Spinazzi, that rings a bell…
Panel 7: Antonio: I've closely examined all the terms of the Intercredit Bank's loan contract, mister Berdieux. You have no right to demand an early reimbursement of three million euros.
Philip: Of course I do! Multiple deadlines have not been respected!
Panel 8: Antonio: Everything's been normalised with a money transfer from the Monte Dei Paschi Bank in Siena. The credit will thus retake its usual course.
Philip: But…

P3
Panel 1: Antonio: Master Hunepa's presence is a fortuitous turn of events. I'll ask him to effect an acknowledgement of a certain number of records I've pieced together, mister Berdieux…
Panel 2: Antonio: We clearly see here that you have abused your position at Intercredits to try to bankrupt the Spice Garden in order to recuperate the real estate for some friends, in addition to some solid personal gain.
Panel 3: Philip: HOW DARE YOU…
Antonio: I will therefore send a copy of these documents to your superiors, as well as the district attorney.
Panel 4: Philip: I…
Panel 5: Philip: And what if we reduced the loan's monthly payments, hm? After all, that'd give these up-and-coming youngsters some breathing room. We must help them, no?
Antonio: What a great idea!
Panel 6: That's perfect, I'll await the rescheduling contract. You are excused.
Panel 7: Amber & Arthur: ?!?
Panel 8: Amber: I think we need to have a chat.
Arthur: Now.

P4
Panel 1: Amber: So who are you?
Antonio: Antonio Spinazzi.
Panel 2: Arthur: That's it!
Panel 3: Arthur: Dad's older sister married a Spinazzi, didn't she?
Antonio: Manfredo, but today he's called Don Spinazzi. My grandfather. A remarkable man.
Panel 4: Amber: Then you really are our cousin! But why are you in Paris?
Antonio: We have a strong sense of family. If one of ours is in trouble, we intervene.
Panel 5: Arthur: Yes, but… I remember why dad wanted nothing to do with the Spinazzi. It's because you're from the maffia!
Antonio: Tsss… that's very exaggerated. We help out our relatives, that's all.
Panel 6: Oscar: Miss Amber! Mister Arthur! We really need you in the kitchen and the room, we're not making it!
Amber: Coming!
Panel 7: Amber: Cousin Antonio, I don't care what daddy thought of the Spinazzi. You came to our help, and we're really grateful!
Amber: You can keep my room.
Antonio: Grazie!

P1
Panel 1: Oscar: It's a disaster! This time we've definitely run out of duck!
Arthur: Don't panic!
Panel 2: Arthur: I've got lamb, pigeon, flounder, sea bass… Amber, suggest to them that I'll improvise other burger recipes!
Panel 3: Amber: I'm on it!
Panel 4: Client: Pigeon!
Client: I want another!
Client: A double lamb without marrow!
Client: It's my turn!
Client: Flounder!
Client: Do you have a foie gras burger?
Client: Lobster!
Client: Miss! Please!
Panel 5: Arthur: We're going to need reinforcements for tonight! We can't keep this up!
Panel 6: Oscar: But everyone who left found new jobs…
Panel 7: Antonio: You'll have help until you're done rehiring. I'll take care of it.
Antonio: There are some Italian networks in Paris…
Panel 8: Arthur: I'm dreaming… I brought in fast-food people while we were managing a three-star restaurant, and now that we're making burgers we'll be working with pizzaiolos!
Antonio: Ah! The world of culture!

P2
Panel 2: Amber: This time it's calmed down…
Panel 3: Oscar: That's the tv effect: it won't last.
Amber: Well I say it will!
Panel 4: Amber: Thanks to Cook & Fight, we got a reputation of making deluxe burgers. We need to fully exploit that!
Arthur: For now, I'm going to exploit my three hours of breaktime to take a nap. I'm exhausted!
Panel 5: Amber: We'll push the art of making burgers to perfection! The greatest burgers in the galaxy!
Amber: We'll regain our three stars with burgers! We'll make the ultimate burger!
Oscarbot: Um… Miss Amber?
Panel 6: Amber: Yes?
Oscar: I believe mister Arthur is asleep over there…
Arthur: RFFLLZZZ
Panel 7: Arthur: RFFLLZZZ

P3
Panel 1: Arthur: Dad?
Panel 2: Arthur: I thought you were dead!
Alessandro: Oh, you know, it comes and goes.
Panel 3: Alessandro: So you're still making hamburgers.
Panel 4: Arthur: We just call them burgers, dad. There's no ham in them.
Panel 5: Alessandro: I watched you work today. you did good.
Panel 6: Arthur: Re… Really?
Alessandro: I'm proud of my son.
Panel 7: Alessandro: And your sister is right. You can go very far. The ultimate… burger… exists.
Alessandro: Your maternal grandmother had found it. It's right there, within reach.
Panel 8: Arthur: The cookbook!

P4
Panel 1: Intercom: …to remain seated until the plane has come to a full stop and to not turn on your cellphones before arriving at the airport.
Panel 5: Granny: Spice Garden, 16th district.
Panel 6: Caption: Next episode: THE ANCESTRESS' SECRETS

Not bothering with these. It's pretty straightforward.

So I'd been pretty busy with life these past weeks and usually barely got in an update before the thread would 404. Next week's gonna be even worse, but this week was a bit lighter, so I tried to make a buffer just in case. And then I accidentally the whole album. So there's no more need to keep stuff back, have the whole thing at once!
IT'S DONE!

Hey guys, anyone has dls for Corto Maltese?
I have a really old edition of Ballad and The Helvetics, but shit's expensive, and even digital is rare…
Can be English, French, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish, I do good with all those.

pic completely unrelated. But fun anyway.

One more, in case you missed it.