French Comics thread

Lets discuss/post french comics/animation here.

What should the french do to promote more comic & non-CGI-animation, IYO?

Manga/animu not allowed here.

Other urls found in this thread:

evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/?c=pyrenee
evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/?c=violine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_declension
a.cocaine.ninja/ccvxmr.webm
a.cocaine.ninja/esvmva.webm
a.cocaine.ninja/bkjcce.webm
t411.co/torrents/pyrne-one-shot-cbr-jpg
kat.cr/les-blondes-tome-1-a-16-t10630634.html#main
t411.co/torrents/les-blondes-bandes-dessines-tome-1-a-16-pdf
t411.cc/torrents/bd-frcbr-sisters-les-t1-a-4
uploaded.net/file/cseq6n3e
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD#h4228f4ouqzdy
mediafire.com/?8vc0eywtcqx7i
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD
zippyshare.com/aliceinzululand
mediafire.com/?b4mhrfnyc6k6r
mediafire.com/?d50959tpj5s46
mediafire.com/?p8ad715mtqeh7
kaskus.co.id/thread/000000000000000003870846/scanlations/301
www55.zippyshare.com/v/EoK01sBP/file.html
mediafire.com/?p3lb5hhujj1ftc0
volafile.io/r/kVIkT3
mega.nz/#F!wcwVEaTL!k-DgsNlOVOMD0g02bnNNmA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Oh, there will be nudity for the sake of comedy!

Not sure how the French can promote their stuff outside their own country.

What do you mean?

What incentive is there for the French to promote their comics and cartoons to other countries? I thought that mostly fell to the foreign publishers/distributors that license their stuff.

Money?
The first Calvin and Hobbes collections I read were in Spanish. What do you think the motivation behind translating it was?
Also, you say "other countries", but French is spoken only just in France. A fuckload of countries speak French, and French is the third most popular second language right after English and Spanish.
Not to mention the possibility of translation.

Also, when people say "French Comics" they usually lump Belgian in with them. Tintin is the most famous "French"(language) comic, and that came from Belgium.
Back in the day (don't know if it's still the case, but it may be), aspiring Belgian comics creators would dream of breaking into the bigger French market. In much the same way the Americans lured away the cream of the Brits in the late 70's / early 80's. Only the process between Belgium and France was far more organic and two-way.
Mind you, those Belgians carried on doing the stories they wanted, and didn't have to switch to fucking capes.

I bet it's easier for people with "European traditions" (ie Europe, and loads of places the European empires conquered) to understand French comics than Japanese ones, but you can get Bleach and Naruto anywhere these days.

I'm sorry, is the loli getting hot from watching her sister dance or something?

France and Belgium have some pretty good cartoons and comics, many of them are very long running, very similar to Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny.

Best superhero ever.

I'd like to get myself a couple of french comics, but sadly the language barrier is stopping me. I don't want to just look at some pretty pictures. Although I do very much like the art of most stuff that comes from France (comics and cartoons). I'll probably end up buying something just because it looks cool or cute when I visit France….eventually….some day…
Also I think France should co-produce more stuff with other countries. I really enjoyed Totally Spies, Shuriken School and others when I was a kid.

I don't speak French, but I'm bored so I decided to try google translate until and actual French speaker shows up.

pg 1

Little sister (Ls): you dance too well. it is imperative that you teach me.

Big sister for you (Bs): Yes but not now. Mom will not be long and I still have tons of stuff to do.
and why after all (I have no idea what this was supposed to mean)

Ls: Oui!

pg2

Bs: And I'll even lend you my outfit to train yourself

Ls: You're a great sister
Thanks! Thanks!

later (+1 tard huehuehue)

Mother: Cassie have you done your household share (chores?) as I have asked you

Bs: I'm taking care of it.
Flex your hips more
take a step rating (not sure what was supposed to be said there)

Perfect!
And after you will dance in the hall

I don't know how accurate that was at all.

Now that I think about it she was saying take a step to the side.

In case someone needs those translated :

That was a bit unfunny, and the writer made a typo so dumb even middleschoolers don't make it anymore.

Gotlib is god-tier.
Relevant.
1/2

Would it be possible to explain to a non-frog, or is one of those things where you'd absolutely have to know the language?

HOLY SHIT! That composition is FUCKING TERRIBLE!
Great art, but how many panels can you shove in one fucking page! There's nothing can even comes close to flow!

Nah, it's extremely simple : basically, the second-person singular, in french, is with "tu"; nearly every single time, you add an "s" at the end of the verb. Extremely simple. The thing is, this "s" isn't pronounced. So kids sometimes forget to add it when they learn how to write.
… then they stop forgetting, because you have, again, nearly zero verb that doesn't take the "s" at the end. The only times you make that mistake again are in cases of great inebriation or utter dyslexia.

Dumping some more comics, with some Spirou, now. Introducing with a cute and sorta lewd story for kids (not kidding)

You're massively misunderstanding why the comic is that way.
The joke is that the guy is trying to call a girl he wants to date, but the phone in France (at the time it was drawn, it was kind of beginning) is terrible, so it's a massive hassle to call someone.
The point of the composition is to make you feel crunched; a massive amount of information, with so many tiny details of what each of the two are doing, and nothing can get done, and you're waiting, but then he wrote the wrong number, then it was busy, then he messed up, then it didn't work, then it…
It's extremely "claustrophobic", in a way, namely, you have so little space, so much stuff to assimilate, and that makes the joke very funny because of how painful it is to FINALLY manage to have the phone of the girl ringing… but… she literally just left… and so it ends with the guy watching shit on TV while she's having fun with some fat fuck.
The composition is perfect because it is narratively using the tools of comic-writing perfectly.

Anyway, have some more Petit Spirou.

The panel shows "Research and Study Center on Dolphins' IQ"

If you wanna read more stuff, I'd advise visiting this place : evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/?c=pyrenee
They worked on translating several french comics.
The one I linked directly is Pyrénée. A masterpiece about a little girl who gets rescued by a big ol' bear and grows up with him. You spend the entire story with a naked cute red haired frenchie, and it's cute, endearing, touching and profound; I personally love this ability in storytelling to take something that would seem so obviously sexual, and using it in such a way that you aren't even concerned with the notion of sexuality once.

Another comic you can access is Violine. She's a little energetic blondie loli who goes through many adventures. It's okay.

You have full Petit Spirou translated too. Funny and nicely made stuff, really.

Mélusine is a hot young red-haired witch who is studying witchcraft as an ace-student. The first few ones are simple jokes, that are even kind of fun and very well made, but the later ones start having full stories that sometimes go pretty fucking dark.

Never heard much of Goblins and didn't read any of it, doesn't seem all that special to be honest. I dunno.

All of them, even the lewd/violent/dark ones, are for kids.

piracy and animated shows!

moon is slang for butt in English too, but in English its considered an older and more obscure slang term than youngfags may not get. ie "mooning" AKA showing someone your ass as a form of mockery

Yaaay, translations are happening.
More, please. Hard translations would be awesome.

I am translating the story of a rich pedophile who tries to adopt a girl.

You're doing God's work.

So, I mean, what's the joke?

Are the sisters attracted to each other? Because that's the vibe I'm getting.

Isn't that a Sade novel?

into the trash it goes

really. that's a lust face if i ever saw one.

Do you think I like that in every french comic there is always the token Somali guy, because MUH COLONIZATION REPARATIONS AN SHIT?

If this were a manga/doujin, there would be a dozen doujin-makers mass-producing hentai of this in day one.

French arent prudish, but at least they arent THAT sex-adicct yet

To be fair the black guy looks cool as fuck. Even the little ones are moist just by looking at the hot action, and I'm pretty sure one of them is his sister.

She fooled her little sister into sweeping the floor for her by offering her dancing lessons.
Note the dust pile and shiny floor in the last panel.

That's one fucking dirty house.

they're french,

Where I can download French-Belgian ? Even if they are untraslated?

Cant unseen it now.

The joke isn't very funny, I'll give you that, but I think OP shared that stuff just because it seemed like lewd lolisiscon.

I linked to a few comics here ;
Other than that there is no "market" of scans for french comics like there is for manga. Sorry.

How come no one has scanned Les Sisters? I need it!

Fucking spammer, I know your game.

I never liked that style of art.

Does anyone have any news on Ekho #4 Barcelona? Has someone translated it to English yet?

Nope. Let's research together.

How come french cartoons are so lewd and loli-ish?

Speaking of Wakfu…
Pics taken from some Normiebook pagep

S3 coming soon, and Adamai seems to have taken the path of edgyness

I think you just answered your own question

That's okay. No one cares if you're a homosexual.

They might not be for long when the Sharia judges come into power in France. If the French are smart they'll build a secret /eternalarchive/ to store them all under, until they can finally expel the halal from the country. Or it's gonna look like the very first page of Jeremiah.

Oh as an aside is it not funny that vast swathes of Holla Forums and even some of it's most reverent cross posters don't even remember the premise of Hermann's comic Jeremiah at all? I mean this page has Holla Forums's approval stamped all over it.

I always did like reading Freaks Squeele, good art and a nice easy read. Some good occasional nudity, that kind of thing.

On the other hand, I always felt it was really slight as a story. It's not about much.

You got us confused with the Brits, you tool.
Reminder that more than half of France's youth is comprised of atheists, and not the reddit kind, so stop imagining there is in any way any power given over to muslims here

Never really read it aside from Holla Forums posting lewd stuff comparatively to american culture, looks like a rather childish comic. I prefer Lou much more, which is way more accessible even to adults and seems clearly deeper and more touching although the latest one went into what the fuck zones

If you have the french version and can post it here, I might help translate it to english and someone'll have to take care of typing it into the comic itself.

Turns out that comixology got their hands on Ekho very recently, and so far they released first two volumes. We will probably have to wait until they get around to translating #4. New York released three weeks ago, and Paris came out last week. If they will keep up this pace, we should see #4 in about 3 weeks.

I've been looking, but so far i seems like there is no Ekho #4 posted online.

Crazy talk, yo fuckerino.

Best kind of thread.

Anyone have issues 4/5 of Violine (Even just raws)?

Any other translated French loli comics?

Out of all the languages you could learn French is one the easiest. It would take less than a year to learn fluently and probably even less than 3 months to be able to understand comics. Within a month if you studied intently.

Now you might be very harshly exaggerating. French is far from an easy language, especially considering the huge ass amount of conjugation complexity it contains. Being able to differentiate all of them, the right times, etc. is clearly difficult and will necessitate much more than a month, and definitely more than three.

The only ones on here : evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/?c=violine are 1-3, sorry.
Again, if anyone's got french comics, I can help translating them if needed.

Actually, you know what
On Holla Forums, many people wanted to get together to start a translation team. However, it was quite the pipe dream, because that's a fucking difficult thing to do in gaming. Requires many more skills than simply being able to write a word into another language.
Comics are much more accessible in that sense. Translating stuff would be vastly more doable. So why isn't there a Holla Forums translating team ? With translators, editors, typesetters, etc. ? There's a list of cool comics that are only available in french/german/whatever, and we help translate them into english -and vice-versa ?

That's quite the project. Could be pretty fucking swell and bring some definitely positive drive to Holla Forums.

THIS

There are people tranlating obscure doujins/mangus from japanese to their languages.

Why the hell there arent people doing the same for French belgian comics. You just need to know French or perhaps German., which many of here are from!

Because it's a load of work and planning and I'm not sure if I'd be into doing something "organized" like that myself. Helping out in a thread is tons of fun, but actual, genuine, involved projects like those ? Shit dude, I'm just some loser NEET.
Maybe if some people get together and start a thread about it, or even a board, it can grow from there into something respectable; but just Holla Forums ? Doubtful. But who knows.

Besides people being lazy, some people who could translate stuff and speak the language have nothing to translate. I speak Polish, and what I could translate are either a handful of Polish comics or stuff that was translated to Polish but not English.

Polish comics are made for Polish people and tend to be satire mixed with something else, so most here would have hard time getting into it. If Robocop would be the first American movie you watched, you would think that it is fucked up. Hell, I grew up in the countryside and felt like I am missing out on some stuff while I was reading Osiedle Swoboda which is set in a city project. Even stuff like Pierwsza Brygada, requires basic knowledge of Polish literature and history.
Besides that, a lot of humor that involves wordplay would be nearly impossible to translate.
Having said that, I could translate some Polish stuff, if there is interest, but I manage to find digital forms first, that is.

Translating translations will just result in low quality stuff, and feels kid of pointless when so many English speakers know French, Spanish, or Italian, versus languages like Japanese.

When it comes to Polish webcomics, most of them is translated to English (sometimes to other languages too) by their creators.

That's the best reason why. Since you are not doing anything besides samefagging and namefagging, you might as well contribute to community. Unlike you, other people have jobs.

Im not talking about polish comic. Im talking about western-continental comics (France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands..)
And mangas and japanese humor is japanese culture centric. Thats not excuse for the translator to explain it .

Weaboos exist, there's not really such a thing (or, if there is, the community is much smaller, more mature, and occasionally SJW-infested) as Frenchaboos or Krautaku.

Mind you, beyond Judge Dredd you don't see much storytiming / piracy of British comics either (though might see them of the might-as-well-be-American Titan Comics "revivals", written by people who are British only by citizenship, but know nothing about thier own country).

I used to be on the forums of Sweatdrop Studios, and in amongst insane shit like claiming self-publishers were somehow a "replacement" for the days when The Dandy and Eagle were selling a million a week, there was some prick using "herpaderp nobody pirates British comics" as an arguement for why gookbooks were clearly inherently superior. Mind you, he then said The Beano was "stuck in the 80's", no doubt because it still has the same core characters it had in the oldest issue he's ever seen. Actually those core characters have been in it since the 50's, but anything from beyond his birth is impossibly ancient.
He reckoned paper comics were going to be dead by 2020, too. He was "not conservative", apparently. Yeah, thousands of people losing their jobs because "well, that's progress lol" doesn't sound like Maggie Thatcher at all.

Holy shit, are those assholes still going? Saw their stuff at a con in my weeb days, thought it was shit even then.
Makes sense there'd be morons like that guy floating around them

You don't know many women, do you? Many of them are obsessed with France, although it is limited to stuff like language, fashion, perfume, Eiffel tower, food, scooters, wine, and sometimes art. Everything french is lovely and romantic. Never met one who enjoyed French comics, though.

They do exist, but most of them are interested in WW2 period or earlier ones.

Well, yeah, there's people who like tea ceremonies, kimono and sushi, but who don't give a shit about manga, too. Non-French / German fans of the pop culture of those countries are pretty rare. Same with Italy, there's a heap of people who want to drive a classic Fiat 500 around Milan, but don't have a clue who Diabolik is.

Ex-members Emma Viecelli (now working on Jem and Doctor Who) and Sonia Leong (now raising a toddler and doing "how to draw manga" books) were the only talented ones in that lot, the rest were basically passengers. I used to have loads of their shit, and quite liked a couple of the stories, though they were just highly derivative Shoujo Beat or Shonen Jump-style stuff, in a more familiar setting. I charity shopped the lot a few years back, though.

MOOOOOOOOOOOODS!

My learning method actually worked!

When I decided that I wanted to learn French a couple of years ago, I knew I was destined to fail. I was a lazy shit that lacked dedication, and I knew my motivation was only temporary. So I thought I'd try learning it the same way I learned English - through forced immersion. I set my OS, my Steam account, everything I could to French. It was kinda frustrating at first, but that's when my motivation was at maximum. As I predicted, after a while I burned out and lost interest. I stopped putting in conscious effort into learning. However, all my shit was still in French.

Yesterday I was looking for something to watch and I found Ernest et Celestine on the local NAS server. It didn't hit me that I was watching a movie in French with no subs until 10 minutes in. I was just kind of used to French at this point. I won't lie, learning a language does take effort, but if you're the kind of person that loses motivation and has no dedication, try forced immersion. It's not fast, but it worked for me.

I'm not a regular here, I just had a feeling I'd find a thread dedicated to French stuff on Holla Forums and that this would be of interest to people ITT.

Ernest et Célestine is an absolute masterpiece. It was written by Daniel Pennac, pretty much France's best contemporary writer. Well, my favorite one at the very least. If you wanna get into literature, I'd definitely advise trying him out.
Learning a language and managing to understand stuff all of a sudden is magical though, indeed.

If you want more cartoons, I'd advise trying out Les Triplettes de Belleville, or Kirikou. Masterpieces too.

Language immersion definitely works to an extent - I learned English from video games. How did you move on to understanding spoken French, though?

Yeah, I really, really enjoyed Ernest et Célestine. Better than anything I've seen in years. It's a miracle I found something like this on our NAS, which is 95% shitty sitcoms. And thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out. Not sure about litarature though, French uses slightly different grammar there, doesn't it?

But man, it does feel good to just randomly realize one day that you can watch cartoons in French.

Yeah, french grammar, especially conjugation, is massive and complex. I love it personally.
Heh, here's an anecdote I love about the language for example :
French functions around gendering everything. Everything is either male or female : people, animals, furniture, food, etc. We don't actually think they have dicks or cunts, we just "genderify" everything when we address it, namely calling it "he" or "she".
Again, this doesn't at all mean we think tables have pussies. Repeating this because I'd rather you guys didn't take us for THIS kind of crazy.

Anyway, this genderification modifies everything : adjectives, plurals, conjugation, worktitles, etc.
There are, however, a few particularities, that remain fascinating.

The two I like possibly the most are "amour" (love) and "gens" (people). Namely : they have different genders according to how they are expressed.
"Un grand amour" (singular) = male
"De grandes amours" (plural) = female

Here's the thing about "gens" though. Just like in english, it's only plural.
"De belles gens" = female
"Des gens beaux" = male
In short : according to where the adjective is to the word, it is differently gendered. If the adjective is in front of it, it's female; if it's behind it, it's male.

I'm not sure. In the beginning, I listened to a lot of French radio and TV and stuff. Later when I stopped making an effort to learn, I must have kept improving thanks to all the games I play. A lot of modern RPGs have tons of spoken dialogue.

A matter of perspective. I was lucky/unlucky enough to be born into a language with actually complex grammar. (Declension with seven cases, three genders, four paradigms per gender and plural form, that applies to nouns, adjectives, pronouns and numerals too. You might as well just kill yourself right now if you come from a language that doesn't have declension at all)

German I take it ?

No. The "massive and complex" grammar of French is anything but. Shit of this kind is par of the course in most languages. It might be more complicated than English or Spanish, but it is nothing compared to other Germanic, Slavic, Sino-Tibetan and pretty much any other language family. Romanian and Latin have more complex grammar than French.

Slovak.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_declension

i'm dissapoint Holla Forums, i expected it from halfchan but not from you

Edika is super fucking niche though. Even in France you're not too likely to hear from him in a comics conversation. Well potentially because you don't wanna sound like a perv, but hey.
His stuff is glorious, though. Absolutely unique.

Edika is super fucking niche though. Even in France you're not too likely to hear from him in a comics conversation. Well potentially because you don't wanna sound like a perv, but hey.
His stuff is glorious, though. Absolutely unique.

There is an awful lot of nostalgia tier comics here, and no mention of Block 109, that's fucked up.

Well that's an error. Only happens when I try to upload a webm. Probably because I'm using Tor? In any case, I made some webms:
a.cocaine.ninja/ccvxmr.webm
a.cocaine.ninja/esvmva.webm
a.cocaine.ninja/bkjcce.webm

Huh, never heard of it. Is it an alternate universe without Hitler ?

That's a boy?

Something like 15% of the French youth supports ISIS and 25% of the 18-24 cohort comes from a muslim background, the idea that just because a majority is atheist that it will always be that way when Muslims have 3 kids while atheists have 1 kid on average.

Pretty much, with some mechas and biowarfare thrown into the mix. Each issue is a separate story set in the same universe.

Who cares.
Cute, therefore fap.

bump

Is there a website where I could get some french comics in the original version? I have a decent understanding of french and would prefer direct download to torrents.

Aside from the one I linked here
I have no idea, sadly. There is no "mangafox" of french comics, as far as I know.

Well shit, I can't find raw scans of pyrenee anywhere, not even torrents. The only non-english version I found was in russian.

I've got some on my computer but they're pretty bad. Scanned them myself. Shall I dump ?

Found t411.co/torrents/pyrne-one-shot-cbr-jpg this one on a "private" (but really isn't) tracker.

I also could upload on volafile.

Neat, thanks.

You have a physical copy?

Yeah. Have it since I'm, like, twelve or something. Loved it even as a kid.

Where to look for .cbr files of French stuff. I tried looking for some filesharing sites, forums, and search engines, but no luck. I only know as much French as Google translate, so I probably missed plenty. Or French internet is as disappointing as German one.

As I said earlier, french comics don't tend to end up online. Not enough worldwide attention for that, and most frogs prefer owning copies of what they enjoy in art. So you'll very probably never find anything online.
Honestly the best solution would be to buy those comics on amazon or something.

Thank you, namefag.

Oh, well then. I already bough first 4 tomes of Ekho and will use them as one of the study aids/motivation to learn French.

Another question: do you happen to know if Lord of Burger is worth buying? Art is obviously good, it's Barbucci after all, but what is writing like? Is the story entertaining? Seen any reviews by any chance? English translation seemed decent enough - nothing great, but not bad either.

Never heard of it before. Took a look, the art's pretty nice ! The story seems rather weebish, but hey, it's french, we're weebs at heart.
Hot girls, good art, the story flow seems alright… I don't know much but this looks fairly tempting.

You should've told me there was a storytime of the first one here. Just read it.
It's… not bad at all ! The girls are pretty hot too. Quite nice.
It's very, very weeby, which makes it all seem a bit childish, webcomic-y, somehow, but the author definitely is having fun with the work.
So, yeah, surely it's not the best comic on earth, but it's readable, fun and simple I suppose.

I tend to always find what I m looking for on french warez & torrent sites I use or through google searches when desperate.

I m deeply troubled by this bit.

can't find a good torrent of "Les Blondes"…

Was actually pretty surprised by that one myself. The covers made the series look like some ridiculous, idiotic teen-story that only middle schoolers would appreciate, and then I read a storytime of it on Holla Forums and it turned out… actually quite nice.
The best surprise of that kind was with Lou. It's definitely a comic for little girls and yet there is something fresh, endearing, engaging and sincere all the time. Such a beautiful comic.

I m guessing you saw this one and it wasn't good enough.
kat.cr/les-blondes-tome-1-a-16-t10630634.html#main

There is a bunch of pdf uploads on t411.co but you do have to make an account (starting with 10gb of leeching allowance) in order download.
t411.co/torrents/les-blondes-bandes-dessines-tome-1-a-16-pdf
Watch out for the fishing site t441.

I can't believe how hard it is to find Les Sisters scans.

t411.cc/torrents/bd-frcbr-sisters-les-t1-a-4 in french.

You have to create an account to torrent it.

And found this link uploaded.net/file/cseq6n3e also in french.

Violine huh? Check here
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD#h4228f4ouqzdy

there was a dump of "Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea" once, but I didn't save it

MAAAAAA HAAAAAH the French!

Does "no anime" in a French animation thread exclude Code Lyoko and Wafus?

Is Code Lyoko another France-Japan collaboration?

Git gud at google namefag.

You don't seem to understand how much frenchies flood europe with comics and mangos. Even assbackwards eastearn europe countries have tons of franco belgian stuff and a better mango selection than US thanks to frogs. Naturally there are a lot of scans thanks to that.

There is a whole active community with hundreds of downloads for euro comics (english editions scans and scanlations). No faggy registration needed, no slow/dead torrents.

I'm gonna post the link……tomorrow cause I'm a fuckin tease.

I miss these kind of phone I still had one 2 years ago.

grow up idiot in france you can buy this in every comic book store

Sunny Bay looks like a cute series.

as does Le Petit Spirou

Thomas Romain who created it as "Garage Kids" worked on Oban Star Racers.

Wikipedia categorizes it as "anime-influenced anime" and you can clearly see this from the art style.

Oh neat, I just discovered this thread, good to see there's some interest in French stuff over here, the FBGs on 4chan seem to have died out. I'll do a little infodump first.

Useful french sites:
emulebdz - emule site, has pretty much every French comic ever scanned/ripped
bedetheque - like the wikipedia of BD
bdgest - French language comics forum

Scanlator folders, the mediafire folders of the most active scanlators:
mediafire.com/?8vc0eywtcqx7i
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD
zippyshare.com/aliceinzululand
mediafire.com/?b4mhrfnyc6k6r
mediafire.com/?d50959tpj5s46
mediafire.com/?p8ad715mtqeh7

Also, if anyone wants any tips or help (bar actual translation/typesetting work, I have enough projects of my own), I'd be more than happy to help. Maybe even buy and rip something off comixology if a scanlation is likely. Not Lord of Burger though, I already wasted enough money on that.

Oh, also, T4 of Ekho just got released on the French scene, it's on emule if some user fancies scanlating.

It won't let me download multiple files at once without premium. How do I select only one file?

It is tomorrow already

Thank you for all the resources. What are the chances of Ekho #4 getting out of Emule to torrents or some other filesharing platform/site? I am hestitant to use it due to bad experiences in the past, and honestly it is surprsing that emule is still alive.

Sex humor never really did anything for me. Besides I associate Edika with my father. He has like a massive stack of them in his bookshelf.

I guess I can download it and put it on zippy or something, but I'd really encourage you to get on that emulebdz site, it's an absolutely brilliant resource.

kaskus.co.id/thread/000000000000000003870846/scanlations/301

Here you go anons.

There is Ekho 4 on few paid torrent forums/sites already, and no I don't have access to them unfortunately.

Thank you.

Well, here you go bros, as promised, Ekho 4, it's pretty fun, formille turning into a cat is especially amusing.

www55.zippyshare.com/v/EoK01sBP/file.html

I really would recommend getting on emulebdz though, an absolute treasure trove of French scans and rips.

Thank you. I pulled the trigger and actually just finished downloading it myself. I wonder how they handled Dali's dialogue. Art side was certainly done well and it was nice to see that went with him being older, rather than going off most famous image of when he was middle aged.

It sure is. It was easy enough to set up an account by just going off of patters based on which most forum registrations and with very basic knowledge of Spanish which turns out to have much more vocabulary in common with French than I anticipated. Thank you for all the links once again.
Setting Emule up took me back as well.

Got pic related for release on Wednesday, will try to remember to post it here, I suppose the userscloud or whatever links will make it here anyway.

Next up after that is volume 4 of The Third Testament - Julius, just started the translation, so I don't have an ETA, probably not soon, got a busy week coming up.

As promised

WW 2.2 Volume 3 - Secret Service (2013) (Scanlation) (phillywilly)
mediafire.com/?p3lb5hhujj1ftc0

Soooo, does anyone have any books that they'd like to see translated? Willing to take suggestions for something I might like to do after/in between WW 2.2

How about Ekho #4?

Not really my cup of tea to be honest. Sorry. Some possibilities I had in mind:

-Le Temple du Passe: another of the Stefan Wuul adaptations
-Waterloo 1911: alt history and cthulhu mythos

No worries, thank you for the offer. Coincidentally, English translation surfaced yesterday night anyway. I'll story time it shortly.

Out of your two suggestions, I'd go with Waterloo 1911.

Freaks Squelee has just finally ended. Even though the story feels like it has little impact or route, but the art, the humor and the rest is top notch.

Yeah, I was gonna say, the whole different captcha system here fucks me up.

Not sure who did the scanlation, cooter maybe? Looks good in any case. What I wouldn't give to have Alice back though.

File I downloaded has it listed as Alice's translation, but her zippyshare folder doesn't have it.

I don't recall anything that would sound strange or awkwards, aside from "Stop checking me out" line that could be replaced with "Stop staring at me" to sound more natural. I don't speak french though, so I don't know how faithful my suggestion would be to the original.

There aren't many (good) German comics, and they'd be hell to translate.

non
c'est une fille

Vater und Sohn doesn't need much of translation

Man, it's been years since I last saw that.

Good stuff.

Can someone please explain this cartoon for me? Why did the girl's piss stream hit a point on this wall significantly higher than any of the boys?

You seriously don't know how women urinate?

Thank you for great resources.
Do you have any recommendations as to not so well known must reads and other good stuff?
As far as French language comics go I already read:

Are … of Troy books worth reading?

Well, it looks like you enjoy sci-fi, so I'm definitely going to rec you Universal War One, fairly hard sci-fi, great art. There's also two volumes out of Universal War Two.

I'd also recommend the Obscure Cities/Invisible Cities and Niourk

Personally, I don't like the Lanfeust universe books, but I don't like Arleston at all.

I lost interest in Asterix years ago, but I'm sure I still have a decent collection somewhere.
I wonder if it's worth anything…

Probably not much.
I've got a good amount of Asterix from the seventies + a bunch I bought when I was a child and while I don't read them anymore, it feels nice to have them, may be nostalgia because I m not much of a hoarder.

So, how are translations coming along? Which one did you end up going with?

How come we have more fuckin' Japanese translators than French translators?
French is like the third most popular language in the planet.

Power Rangers, Toonami, [adult swim], Pokemon, Digimon, Nintendo, Sony, etc. Americans have had way more exposure to Jap stuff than French.

Because more people learn Japanese just so they can watch their cartoons or read comics than ones who do it for other reasons. Meanwhile, people who learn French are doing it because they: like language, need it for a job, or are going for a tour. Foreigners that give a fuck about Franco-Belgian comics are mostly in mainland Europe and Japan. You can also find copies in Canada, but there is no need to translate them to English.

It seems that france is one of the few countries in europe other than poland and europe that is cracking down hard against islam, would you say that's accurate.

why is no one discussing Titeuf here?

anyway i like how french animation has themes that would be deemed very mature for others while the target demographic is still kids.

it also has nudity too.

Are the comics any good?

I like 'em.

While I normally don't mind the exploration of sexuality in growing characters, I take issue with a girl getting felt up in her sleep. She was giving him the green light to kiss her, not to run his hands all over her breasts. It's an uncomfortable ending to the story.

Not really. We tend to give little shit about people's religions overall, so islam gets as much shit as other ones, although "progressives" like the ones you'd find in the UK or the US often cry islamophobia if they can, but most of the time they don't really have any actual influence.

You're being childish. They're kids. This curiosity, this embarrassment, this loss of control and this wonder of the body of someone else you are so attracted to, hell, this realization that you cannot help but be attracted to someone and don't know how to handle it, how far you can go, is relevant to growing up and maturity.
Saying "oh my god how horrible" is idiotic and self-serving. Of course it's not "good", but it's a story about a boy growing up, which implies grasping what it means to be "adult" in more ways than one.
It isn't "defending" doing such a thing, it isn't saying it's "totally rad" or whatever (and even if it did, who cares, jesus), it's saying "we're having a boy who is still a child pushed into being older than he was still yesterday, and here is how he is affected by it".

The scene is touching, cute and mature. Taking it as "oh god how does he dare do such a thing to her !" is completely missing the purpose of the comic, of the character, and even of art and storytelling in general.
Pull your head out of your ass and look at things outside of your own microcosm.

You hyperbolized my comments. If this was a standalone story, I think this would be more acceptable. However, I do know that the general tone of Le Petit Spirou focuses a lot on his mischievous curiosity. The comic's reputation precedes it, so the story doesn't sit well with me. Being a gag strip, I don't see any value in it depicting this.

except that it's not a "gag trip". It's a standalone story. Yes, he's mischievous, since he's still a kid. He is finding out about what it means to be one, and not to be one anymore either. Heck, it's even the morale at the end, where he's happy he overgrew his slippers, and thus grew up.
"not seeing any value in depicting" a kid overtaken by new emotions and attractions is baffling, and thinking there is anything negative to it is massively ridiculous. It's not there to make you feel good or bad, it's there to show you what's happening to him. Aside from it being absolutely harmless -he didn't fucking rape her or jizz on her face, crying out loud, being shocked by something so tiny as "oh gee titties" is a bit dumb-, the point is to tell you a story, not to teach you shit. "I read in the petit spirou that he looked up a girl's shirt when she slept, so I'll just go do that with all girls I can !" isn't something that actually happens, user.

I might be misreading you but you are sounding tumblr-tier. A story is a story. It's there to tell you about a character's emotions and thoughts.

Yes, you are. Is it that difficult to simply keep from claiming what you wrote was from me? I never brought up any points about media owing itself to educating anyone, and I thought it was clear that the depiction of nudity wasn't the issue. The emotions are also not new, Spirou has been punished for expressing them several times before. The comic itself shows him recoiling when he thinks the girl will wake up, and then goes right back to doing it. Regardless of either character's age, don't you think that's at least a little off-color?

I think a better ending would have been Spirou getting a slap or some other comical form of abuse, showing him that he still has a lot to learn about girls in general. It's just weird how he completely gets away with it.

No, I don't think a kid discovering being turned on is "off-color", especially not in a comic that implies lewd shit from little boys and girls constantly, being into trying out drinking, smoking, seeing each other naked, cheating on each other, etc. And he gets away with it because that's part of the story.
You are sincerely going very tumblr and self-serving to me, thinking that "oh dear how dare they show him not being punished of doing something so EVIL !"
He didn't fucking rape anyone. He looked at some boobs while being a kid. Jesus. Are you iranian or something ?
Your an idea of him getting punished for it entirely misses the point of the story. It isn't about what is right or wrong. It is about curiosity, about growing up, about experimenting, being surprised, being moved, meeting new things. Maturity isn't about doing the right things, it's about being able to accept new things in your life.
The author isn't saying "it's fine looking at boobs" (although it fucking is you pussy), he's going "there are unknown things in your life, and you will have to wonder how you will face them the day you are given the opportunity to"
You're being a bullshit moralist and I am sincerely thinking you're just some pansy faggot who can't take a story that dares defy your moral values. Maybe you've got some growing up to do.

Can you upload those somewhere, please?

I didn't know "exploring" could be used to put a positive spin on molestation. Forget you, man, I should have figured out two posts ago that you already made up your mind.

Holla Forums was a mistake

Lucky you, had not checked on this thread in weeks and just did by mistake. I'll upload them on Holla Forums's volafile.

Dude, read between the lines.
She was not really sleeping.

Go back to tumblr you weak-minded piece of shit
Hell, go back to Iran, you'll find like-minded pseudo-philosophizers whose life is made miserable by their fear of absolutely everything being dangerous, painful and much more critical than it actually goddamn is
Grow the fuck up. If you're literally thirteen I'll ask you where your mom is and why she's leaving you unsupervised on the internet, but if you're actually an adult I hope you seriously start going to therapy
Also no one said what he did was a "positive" thing, jesus shit, stop defining absolutely everything in such selfish ways

volafile.io/r/kVIkT3
Here, you have five days to get your prize.

MAHAAAAAAH THE FRENCH

In other words, another pedo circlejerk

My word.

I'll never understand the French

that movie was soooo nicely animated.

>>>/wx/ is that way, user. I'm sure they can hook you up with all the cuck porn you want.

But I'm not a homosensual and I don't like males. I don't need cuck porn.
But the fact that I'm straight doesn't mean I can't see that particular guy is cool-looking. Also, he's a surfer.
You know you'd get loads of teen pussy if you looked like that.

Does anybody know where can I find the rest of this? I only know that the artist's name is Michael Sanlaville.

fuck, I'm dumb and also didn't check the thread.

Pity reupload?

Smh tbh. It will take a few hours since my upstream is particularly shitty

Les Cahiers de Cerise are great !
I actually borrowed them from my sister and cried like a bitch at the 3rd tome
I'm French too, so if you need to translate some panels, I could do some.

Here ya go
mega.nz/#F!wcwVEaTL!k-DgsNlOVOMD0g02bnNNmA