en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases
torrentz.eu/anyA?f=despecialized
makingstarwars.net/2016/06/how-extensive-will-the-rogue-one-reshoots-be/
archive.is/Emj9b
archive.is/9wK3K
ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots
archive.is/nHHBW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A woman probably loses a fight. Or perhaps a white man saves the day. This must be rectified.

probably not enough lens flares either.

Just as planned

Rey, you are my father.

t. Luke

10/10 writing

How could it possibly be any worse?

It has uncucked white males.
Seriously by this point if media tells me it doesn't like it its probably actually good.
Well, until the reshoots.

it makes lots of money and influences many children.

I'd like to fire a proton torpedo into her thermal exhaust port, if you take my meaning.

The film will be shit tho.

HA

At least this time they can't claim muh soggy knees if people don't want to watch the film.

They are pumping out these films to fast and put so little effort into them Disney has to step in and demand re shoots in a attempt to save their 4 billion dollar investment.

Not even surpassing that very low bar?

Silly user.

Not only will they still claim soggy knees, they'll also use the racism card again, and probably the homophobia one too (there's no way the one white good guy isn't a faggot).

Yes.

They should just release it and claim that all detractors are sexist, racist, bigoted , homophobic, and xphobic. Would make a lot of $$$.

i bet they'll add a nigger.

Think they might be unjewing it slightly? Disney was all for CORRUPTING THE GOYIM but all the Finn action figures sold like shit so it's possible they might be trying to reposition the dildo further back

Holy shit that movie must be bad.

If Disney has come out and demanded re shoots I really don't see how SJW's can have a leg to stand on at this point. I would still like to see them try.

I'll never forgive him for butchering the prequels and having everyone be DUDE SABERS, LMAO. But at least he had vision and the originals will always be there.

you clearly never saw mcquarrie's concept art

No. I miss someone like Leigh Brackett who could put a Lucas in his place. Not even Spielberg has the backbone to deny Lucas anymore, which is why we got Crystal Skull.

Lucas is an ideas guy that really needs an editor that CAN stand up to him and question his decisions rather than just letting him get his way.

you give her too much credit, pretty much the only things that survived her draft of empire were wampas and a few names and locations. lucas took it and rewrote it into something resembling the final film, and kasdan was brought in to help further restructure it and clean up dialogue, in addition to carrie fisher doctoring dialogue as well.

you don't know shit, son.

on top of that, her draft of "star wars 2" was awful, and made no sense at all. it had han telling luke about the force and lightsabers, yet there he was denouncing the force aboard his own ship. iirc yoda and ghost ben weren't in it. the vader twist was also entirely lucas' idea.

The originals are only "there" because some ultra mega star wars fans made the despecialized editions of the originals. and before that they uploaded laser-disc versions of the film online.

If George had his way the original star wars films would not exist. Only his special editions would remain. Even now it is impossible to purchase the original trilogy unedited in high quality in a store.

Yes, because at least we had an extended universe that wasn't shit.

That's not how movie making works you dumb fuck. Editors are at the beck and call of the director and/or the studio. The producers are what can influence him, and none of them had the backbone to call out his dumber ideas.

son, they released the laserdisc editions on dvd back in 2006, it was bundled with the 2004 dvd release.

on top of that, have you not heard of the silver screen edition? it's a 1080p release of the original film reel.

leak your cut, Gareth. let everyone compare it to the Disney Cut

conveniently you forgot frank marshall and kathleen kennedy, who have been with the series since the beginning. on top of that, they had david koepp, who isn't the best writer in the world, but had to adapt lucas' story.

And they looked like shit. I honestly think George intentionally released shitty LD versions when it's a known fact that Fox or LucasFilm have the original 35mm negatives. A major film franchise like Star Wars just doesn't have it's unaltered theatrical prints destroyed in favor of a new version.

just you wait nigger, disney hasn't fully acquired rights to empire and jedi yet, those are to come within the next few years.

when they get those, they'll cut a deal with fox and release the unaltered versions of all three.

I don't want to buy it. I was pointing out to that George never released the original film in high quality unless it was his special edition. I just watch the despecialized versions. I will also check out the 35mm scans you mentioned.

I wonder how Mike "The Israeli Bitch" Kiklasa will spin this off.

Holy shit, this film can't possibly be that bad, can it?

Probably just means the main stronk was in >90% of the total screen time. Easily fixed with a few quick reshoots and rewrites.

I'd love to see George's TFA: Special Edition. Maybe spruce up some of the rubbish dog fights? Replace Rey with CG? Might actually be a more believable performance.

What's he doing with all that cash, by the way? Make new movies or just sit on it? What should be doing with it?

I don't see a white male in that picture.

This autistic obsession with the original editions never fail to amuse me.

Can I get a joke about the rouge one reshoot to tell my brother? I need to make fun of this.

Then why Jar Jar barely appears on ep 2 and 3?

ALWAYS

they can't just rip off another older movie like cuck awakens

the special editions are obnoxious. the cgi is shoved in your face and obnoxious phantom menace bullshit for kiddies is shoved in your face. it is nearly impossible to buy a legal copy of the original star wars that is actually nice. this from a total casual who watches these movies maybe once every few years

Do you prefer Jabba being a fat guy?

Like? Aliens dancing? My life is over.

They are 98% the same shit.

Something something Disney can only make decent movies when they can rip off another better movie

NEEDS MORE PROGRESSIVENESS.

They're going to find a way to shoehorn more transexual xenophilia in the movie, mark my words.

if you don't find that song and the mixing more obnoxious and disconnected from the material than the original, we'll just have to disagree

That scene doesn't appear in the original film.

What a guy you are.

They might be adding those lesbian/gay relationships, more muh white evil nazi stormtroopers, or that an army/race of minorities save the day. Its what everyone wanted goy :^)

This is why the restorations of the original films are so important. After a few generations we will be left with people like you who have no idea just how much George altered these films while simultaneously trying to destroy the originals and change history.

Yes.

At least George's autism was interesting, and facilitated some truly great art design, music and world-building.

Probably looks like HBO tier garbage.

Huh, I haven't seen the pozzed version of ANH since the late 90s, I forgot just how disgustingly fake Jabba's CGI is here. The redo isn't much better.

All the CGI looks awful. I thought as much when I was a kid watching that shit on VHS after I got it for Christmas. I had seen the older prints on TV before and thought it was absolutely awful what they had done.

KU NI TE

NA NA NAH

AH LAWA

KU

NI

TE

Because he was probably told by a producer or an exec at 20th Century Fox about the huge backlash the character got. There's no way George or anyone above the line didn't know how hated Binks was. But even then, taking him out is not the editor's decision. Editors and the entire post-production team ALWAYS are working under both the studio and the director. Unless they have a good working relationship with the director (like Thelma Shoemaker and Martin Scorsese), they always take orders from the director and the studio first and their input is only considered if they can prove it can help a film

Please kill yourself for being retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases

It's not so much about the colors as it is about the shitty CG slapped on top of it (and the principle of the whole thing)

the fucking library of congress has asked for a copy of the originals since they were specially chosen to be stored and by law they need the movie as it was on release, not anything released afterwards, but Lucas was too fucking autistic to give it to them.

you were an autistic and a shit writer but at least you didn't let hollywood tell you to make generic garbage which meant that a lot of crazy good artists and sound design dudes got to make some cool shit, unlike in TFA where they just copypaste everything.

George claims that the original prints of ANH were destroyed.

George is a lying cunt. Especially since somebody actually bought a completely unaltered print of the original Star Wars

There are copies of the original but George has claimed the original original has the SE changes imprinted on it.

I knew this would happen. Despite how terrible TFA was, each film will be progressively worse every year.

A lot of people are already looking back at the prequels as "the good old days". In ten years we'll be feeling nostalgic for TFA because of how much further Star Wars will have fallen since then.

Focus group retards aren't liking it? Pander extra hard Disney, stuff as much politically correct anti-white propaganda in it as you can.

I saw the latest version and Lucas fucking ruined ANH. The buildup to attack the Death Star takes waaay too fucking long.

Why do all these new Star Wars movies have to star women? I never bought a single female action figure when I was a kid. I've got to imagine Disney is not making as much of a profit as they could in the licensing game. Surely they have professional statisticians and demographic researchers that know this. No amount of social engineering can alter human DNA. Little boys are still biologically drawn to male action power fantasies and little girls are still drawn to nurturing and playing with dolls, studies have shown this. The only thing I can think of is there really are true believers in the Aldous Huxley Brave New World that make up the top owners of Disney stocks.

Am I supposed to be shocked by this news?

That's actually the best part of the movie. It is absolutely pivotal to the experience. George Lucas was a genius to add that. Why would you want to watch the old technologically inferior version when you can have some of the best CGI in cinema?

Those studies are sexist.

4 year-olds don't talk like that.

don't you understand she called it the emperor STRIPES back this child obviously said all these things and the events colin hanks is referring to happened in the exact way he laid it out

clearly if a 4 year old can identify the needs of inclusion for more appropriate roles for women in sci-fi/fantasy then you must be backwards and barbaric for thinking otherwise. I suppose colin left out the part when his daughter started talking about how the slave leia costume objectifies girls into believing they can only grow up to be dickgargling cocksluts but he didn't want to make his instagram post seem unrealistic

smdh fam its 2016

This isn't the Colin Hanks, is it? Son of Tom Hanks?

Aren't those set to expire in like 2030 or something ridiculous?

aka "I'm autistic and don't understand what is going on so I giggle like a retard"

He's full of shit. A film series like Star Wars has it's unaltered copies in a vault somewhere. You never ever alter a film without having a back up of an older release.

That is wrong. TFA is so bad that I cant remenber any memorable scene from the movie.

We are talking a madman like george lucas here though, anything goes.

what? so they're even making a spin off of this shit?

This is disney, im sure this is just the tip of the icebergenstein

Things is, you never ever fucking destroy an original print of a movie, especially for something as financially lucrative as star wars

Ever since we lost like half of the films from the Silent and early Talkie eras of movies most studios have at least a couple of negatives of the original versions in a vault. If George really altered the original prints and left no backup copy then he deserves to be shot for crimes against film preservation.

He doesn't own the master prints of the original 35MM "The Star Wars".

That is owned by Fox.

I was half suspecting Fox to release a 'first time' rerelease of the original movie unaltered on the same weekend as TFA.

So that it makes no sense how R2-D2 got in there.

Stop the presses.

no,star wars is gay

This is Fox we're talking about. The studio that said they'd rather make a Direct-to-DVD X-Men film to fulfil their contractual obligations, than give the rights back to Marvel. The studio that is at war with Disney.

If they did that it would benefit Disney, which is exactly why they're never going to do it.

That was written by Tom Hanks' son.

Every other year.

a bit

Uh huh, sure. Whatever you say, rabbi.

Then he's a tumblrina. Case closed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm better nao

Lol no this cringe hurts phisically

This was on Instagram, though

Stop trying to fit in, Reddit.

what do you expect with a homo for a father

He's an Instagramina. Happy now?

It just doesn't have the same ring to it

I'm from Gaia, you shitlord

Oh…it must be really bad if they decide to re-shoot the movie. That's a lot of money wasted.

But being worse than TFA is not a problem, atleast it's still better than the Prequels…right goys?

Nice try, Goldenberg. Prequels were mediocre, but they are much more better than The Dindu Awakens

Jesus man. It's depressing how people liked that trailer. I thought everything about it was absolute fucking shit. I could go on and on about that 6 second shot with the walkers and how literally everything about it is fucking wrong.

just download the torrents of the despecialized edition , they're even better than the official hi-def releases. The colors are much better.

torrentz.eu/anyA?f=despecialized

The special editinon had a better song at the end of 6 and a few improvements to the death star battle in 4. Other than that it's pretty much all shit.

Yeah, they already have Han Sol and this shit, there will tv shows and morw knock offs by next year if Disney thinks it can increase its sheqel supply.

Even the action scenes were boring.

Yep.

Also, most people (naturally) thought from the title that it would be about X-Wing fighter pilots. Which could have cool. But then there wouldn't have been an opportunity for any ninety pound women to beat up a bunch of large white men in hand to hand combat.

This too.

Every action scene (With the exception of Finn and Poe scape only lasted 30-60 seconds, and they were shitty and boring.

How the hell thought of making Star wars without action?!?!?!?

What were they thinking?

NO!

Yes I do, more and more each day.

She's so cute, tho! I wanna put her in my pocket and take her home.

>>>/gaschamber/

dude we were talking about the despecialized editions, I know about them

FUCK YOU YUB NUB IS GREAT THEY'RE DRUMMING ON FUCKING STORMTROOPER HELMETS

They're adding muslim refugees in starwars lore.

i want this ride to end so bad

I guarantee that if a man said that fucking line then it would be panned across the board. But it's a strong womyn so it's great

Not enough comedy.

I mean, the movie was probably bad anyway, but holy shit these people and their formulas. My cousin is a special ed teacher and I help out her kids sometimes, even the autistic ones are less rigid than business executives.

I mean, they are risking their own money, but overly rigid dogmas have killed so many companies that it's not funny. Damn you Disney why won't you join them

They're going to digitally insert Ryan Reynolds into every scene.

The movie won't bomb.

None of the prequel films bombed and neither did 'The Force awakens'.

Why? Because it has 'Star Wars' written on it.

They will eventually 'underperform'. Why? Because Disney are trying to oversaturate the market with Star Wars shit.

exactly
by pumping all this stuff in our faces they're eventually gonna inflationate the brand, and kill it

Man, you're right. The only thing I remember is the rage I felt with the Super Death Star and for some reason, the stupid face Ford did when Crylo Ren stabbed him.

I fondly remember the nigger getting beat up with the space nightstick.

Fuck you.

I'll take the prequel trilogy over the (((white slavers))) any day.

It needs to be goofy, the prequels were so dry and RotS was too edgy! Always do the opposite of what the prequels did.

makingstarwars.net/2016/06/how-extensive-will-the-rogue-one-reshoots-be/

How did they manage to fuck up this badly?

I almost wonder if this is genius marketing, because now I want to see both the version screened for the bean-counters and the theatrical release with the re-shoots.

Disney's going to have to calculate exactly when they can release the deluxe edition blu-ray that contains both cuts in order to pretend this wasn't a marketing scheme all along, though.

then again, they haven't released the original trilogy in their original forms, so maybe Disney aren't as crafty with the shekelmancy as everyone thinks.

This movie has been shoahed.

Godzilla director guy must have really fucked up.

I genuinely hope this is a reaction to TFA being shit and realising that an over-saturation of tiny, white, hypercompetent, faux posh, British girls might sour people on the series.

Though they're probably just trying to add in some Deadpool style wacky humour, like Suicide Squad.

I want her

Because they can't. Fox own the rights to the original Star Wars forever and they own the physical distribution rights for Empire and Jedi until about 2020. Don't expect to see a re-release of the original cuts until then.

You say the exact same thing in every thread about POG One

The fuck you talking about? The parts where some ugly gorilla-faced woman beat up a bunch of guys 2.5 times her size because "grrll powah" weren't action scenes

archive.is/Emj9b

this is how retarded humanity has become

gas all non-whites

archive.is/9wK3K

Holy shit, this is some top tier retardation, right here.

Holy shit, talk about Stockholm syndrome.
Holla Forums, you disappoint me.

No, the nips and chinks can stay. We might be able to construct a better future with them. Remember, the nips and chinks are still incredibly racist to outsiders, there's still hope.

And how many years, if not decades, will that take to happen?

Even if a oversaturation with the Star Wars brand occurred Disney has still the option to bring Marvel films to cinemas.

it's so JJ can still pretty much direct the movie without being in the credits and avoiding blame if it ends up a dud.

It really won't take that long if it's a film every year. Not to mention they're putting out a constant stream of games, books, comics, toys, all sorts of other shit. I mean, part of the reason that the prequels and Episode VII did well is because there was sizeable break between trilogies. Disney aren't going to stop making Star Wars films after they've done Star Wars IX and so people will get tired of them.

The same thing has already started to happen there, too. The last phase of Marvel films underperformed overall.

Most of these people complaining are white

They're like the Jews of Far East Asia.

This. George Lucas only made three movies and then some silly low-budget ewoks movies. Besides that, he let be made a lot of books and comics to expand the universe. And yet he eanerd a lot of money. And then he just did the same with the prequels.

But kikes in hollywood (AKA Sodom & Gomorra), will literally plunder the franchise of any good value

It's more of a case of tfa was so shit that it made us appreciate the prequels and the fact that Lucas was at least trying to tell a story. The prequels were terrible, but I'd rather watch an ep2 Marathon clockwork orange style then have to sit through another disney star wars again

B-but it'll all be explained in episode eight! Rey simply tapped into Aang's powe- - I mean - Anakin's power, because she's his reincarnation! Then she cuts open Appa so Luke doesn't get cold.

It's a fucking horrible bait-and-switch, and anyone that defends it needs to be gassed.

As hamfisted as it was, this is the truth. Disney SW is just horribly rehashing the original trilogy. Frankly, I hope all the original cast get the Han Solo treatment, so we can abandon any supposed connection to the real movies.

He made Star Wars, isn't that enough reason to like the guy? The prequels sucked as films but they made the series undergo a metamorphosis into something grander, seen as a whole the prequels elevated the material. They also expanded the universe and turned it from a high budget Flash Gordon with Dune influences into a proper space opera with a chiastic structure.

Now look at TFA, it's just a remake of ANH. The OT was original, the prequels were original. Even if they shared motifs and themes they were very different from each other. TFA is exactly the opposite, it's incredibly samey visually and storywise but the themes and motifs aren't there, it doesn't have the essence of what makes Star Wars what it is.

He is a pretty good screenwriter, I think it might actually improve the movie but seeing as it looked like a turd from the start I'm not sure how much difference it will make.

he didn't make star wars alone
his original ideas for star wars are pretty questionable, it's abundantly clear at this point that the original movies would've been shit if he had been given complete authorial control

No shit, films are collaborative efforts. He was still the driving force behind them.

No shit, what I'm saying is he wasn't the auteur. If you want a film representation of George Lucas, watch the Phantom Menace. Do you think THAT movie is "enough reason to like the guy"?

I think he pretty much was.

no he wasn't, for the exact reasons that I outlined – the end product was a result of several creative people with different ideas. He wasn't in charge of the editing which finally made the film work, which is often considered the essential art of filmmaking. As if he wanted to prove that point once and for all, Mr. Poetry came back years later and fucked up the editing by jamming a bunch of unnecessary and wisely deleted scenes, like that Biggs bullshit and the Jabba the Hutt scene in ANH.

ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

I can't tell. Is this podracing or is this treason, then?

The funny thing is people who constantly defend Rey's Mary Sue bullshit always claim Luke was a Stu even though most versions of A New Hope have Biggs vouching for him and his original line about womp rats

don't tell me the blu-rays put the Tosche Station scenes in too

I still don't get why they put that back for any reason other than to retroactively explain Jabba's beef with Han but Han doesn't give that much of a shit about Jabba or his debt until Jedi.

Fuck you too Mouse.

First they say they're reshooting because Star Wars has too much wars in it now they're saying it's an unfounded fear and it's still a war film. If the marketing fucktards can't make up their mind about this then this movie really is a fuckup all around.

>ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

what is it about these names that makes them sound so shitty in comparison to lucas names? are these meant to appeal to chinks or something?

is there anyone in the Disney flms with a first name that has more than one syllable?

it's been a while since I've seen it in the "special edition" form but I remember a bunch of the dialogue in that scene being totally redundant, because a bunch of the lines were almost exactly the same as in the Han/Greedo conversation. just without the "tell Jabba"/"tell your boss" parts.

does Rebels count?

they're all worse than TFA names

Most of them are just nosies. They don't tell us anything about the character. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader. As soon as you hear those names you have a good idea of who the character is going to be. What the fuck is a Kylo Ren?

A whiny, useless, tantruming man-baby, apparently.

They did that because all the RLM nerds whined that names like "Darth Maul" raped their childhood.

I guess no one is seeing the writing on the wall here?

TFA couldn't have been more cucked without diminishing returns. There is a very real possibility the reshoots have to do with the director not cucking this plot enough for them.

He was quoted as saying this is a war film with good bad guys and bad good guys. I've got a feeling this right here is exactly what (((Disney))) is forcing massive reshoots for. They just spent an entire film:

- Making the empire into even more blatant nazis
- Making the nazis look as much like whiny, ineffectual bitches as they could
- Making the nazis exclusively white men with the exception of a white woman who did nothing.
- Making the good guys ALL women and POC of some kind.

If you think they're going to let a director show imperial soldiers (unless they're non-white or women) doing anything good at all, you're sorely mistaken. Have to pound it home for the kiddies.

White men = evil, whiney, impotent losers and racists

Women = always stronger

POC = good guys

I know I shouldn't be surprised about this at all.. but this is just so fucking blatant at this point.

main char = woman
entire team is non-white except for Alan Tudyk and he voices a fucking droid so you can't see his skin color. Our one evil officer is.. you guessed it.. a white man. oh and her white dad gets to be some supporting character.

when does this fucking ride end? how many movies and television shows and video games does this need to occur in? for how many years? is there an end point?

I hate how right you are.

And he still was the one who guided almost every artist choice. You're underestimating the role of a movie's director. Can't have a team without a leader.

He created the Star Wars universe and directed the movie. As a kid you would never have creamed yourself over lightsabers, the force, epic space battles and the adventure of Luke Skywalker without Lucas, because he was the one who solidified these ideas.

And Lucas had a big influence on this: archive.is/nHHBW

Also, no change really affected ANH aside of the Solo/Greedo scene.

Inb4 "b-but CG rocks my childhood is over!!!"

I will never fucking understand why JewJew didn't put Captain Photon there instead of a generic mook, not saying I wish he did but that scene would atleast have given her some screentime before being thrown into the garbage where she belongs, before being detonated with the fucking DeathBall.

Atleast we got some decent memes out of on that end.

The cartoon Wars already ruined Maul.

Not even the dead can escape the Mouse.

If you view the saga as a whole some additions even adds to the experience, like the more extensive ending to RotJ and makes the transition from RotS less jarring by for example increasing the scope of Mos Eisley.

It's terrible that Jyn Erso is a total ripoff of Jan Ors which is to me at least is an okay name.

Snoke is fucking awful, whoever came up with that should have been fired.

"they" didn't put it back, george did. and he did it because he was CONVINCED that he had always been right about everything and all the people telling him no were just standing in his way. so he and his ego shit all over a great movie.

We'll need Jews-yet-not-quite-Jews to keep us on our toes and away from complacency so we don't get taken by surprise should we ever encounter space Jews.

98% the same shit? More like 99.5%

Don't worry. He's literally going to use the power of the patriarchy in ep eight to overcome and oppress the much stronker womyn.

She wasn't capable of performing the scene. You'll notice that her action scenes in Game of Thrones are frenetically edited to make her look like a superstrong, superfast warrior. But she's actually just a a regularly built tall woman. She hadn't the movement or coordination to pull off what was required in that scene and still keep the wide shot Jewjew wanted.

Snoke is just totally awful in every respect. His name is retarded and his design is both generic and unappealing. He looks like a confused old man sitting on a toilet in a nursing home.

When they have him break out a lightsaber it might be so bad it's funny.

When did it become popular for autists to call other people autistic?

You know, that makes complete sense. Not that I doubt you, but do you have any sources suggesting that the trooper fight was originally meant to include Phantasma (or whatever the fuck her retarded name was)?

As a side note, they have the same problem in Game of Thrones, where the same actress also plays the stronk warrior womyn stereotype. The costume department has tried its hardest to make her look imposing, but no amount of camera trickery can hide how slow, clumsy and weak she really is during the fight scenes.

Also, have a couple of pictures of the actress' awkward, skinny-fat and thoroughly unimpressive body.