/jordanpetersonBTFO/

Evan Rivera
Evan Rivera

youtube.com/watch?v=7d2ueW1c3CU
currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

Peterson is a fucking pseud

Attached: petersonbtfo.jpg (146.16 KB, 810x500)
Attached: petersonbtfo.jpg (146.16 KB, 810x500)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLcZS1zExFY
macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/
youtube.com/watch?v=zCWdA5XhGmY
thewalrus.ca/the-story-behind-jordan-petersons-indigenous-identity/
youtube.com/watch?v=gaqiXDgi0QU
youtube.com/watch?v=glBi9waLbQo
youtube.com/watch?v=Dgc2QuR6GkE
youtube.com/watch?v=lkc86Pn7avQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ofpSiG_XYZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=z3abGqKKbFM

William Diaz
William Diaz

Attached: petersonmeme.png (1.03 MB, 1647x571)

Blake Ortiz
Blake Ortiz

the 12 rules book is really more of self help book, so yes he is a pseudo-peterson

Adam Perry
Adam Perry

Fucking kek
youtube.com/watch?v=CLcZS1zExFY

Gavin Wright
Gavin Wright

If you want to appear very profound and convince people to take you seriously, but have nothing of value to say, there is a tried and tested method. First, take some extremely obvious platitude or truism. Make sure it actually does contain some insight, though it can be rather vague. Something like “if you’re too conciliatory, you will sometimes get taken advantage of” or “many moral values are similar across human societies.” Then, try to restate your platitude using as many words as possible, as unintelligibly as possible, while never repeating yourself exactly. Use highly technical language drawn from many different academic disciplines, so that no one person will ever have adequate training to fully evaluate your work. Construct elaborate theories with many parts. Draw diagrams. Use italics liberally to indicate that you are using words in a highly specific and idiosyncratic sense. Never say anything too specific, and if you do, qualify it heavily so that you can always insist you meant the opposite. Then evangelize: speak as confidently as possible, as if you are sharing God’s own truth. Accept no criticisms: insist that any skeptic has either misinterpreted you or has actually already admitted that you are correct. Talk as much as possible and listen as little as possible. Follow these steps, and your success will be assured. (It does help if you are male and Caucasian.)
Is this an article about Leftcoms?

Jordan Lopez
Jordan Lopez

LMAO

Please somebody make memes with this.

Attached: petersonreplace-768x567.jpg (49.6 KB, 768x567)
Attached: peterson5-768x596.jpg (52.95 KB, 768x596)
Attached: peterson3-768x640.jpg (54.55 KB, 768x640)

Matthew Jones
Matthew Jones

What the fuck does that shit even mean? Jfc, Peterson is such a fucking clown

Samuel Peterson
Samuel Peterson

fucking pseud
Isn't this true of 99% of right-wing "intellectuals" tho

Jaxson Long
Jaxson Long

I think he's trying to build a "hero's arc" style of graph for all human experience. I think.

Grayson Flores
Grayson Flores

The /lit/ portion of our board immediately comes to my mind.

Charles Nguyen
Charles Nguyen

/tg/ fags report in!

Attached: Eldar-vs-chaos-.jpg (181.71 KB, 859x498)

Jayden Hill
Jayden Hill

no legends
no explanation what arrows mean
This is the exact shit the logical positivst railed against. Peterson just craps out meaningless garbage. It's not even wrong.

Austin Brown
Austin Brown

<It's not even wrong.
Self correction: What he says and writes is either wrong, meaningless or trivial.

Noah Clark
Noah Clark

I'm convinced Peterson himself doesn't actually have a plan when he draws these things up. It's some sort of spontanous poetry of stream of consciousness, I mean there is no explanation, nothing in his writings as well.

Aaron Rogers
Aaron Rogers

The man is basically also ripping off Confucianism and Taoism aswell

Brody Perry
Brody Perry

Every liberal theorist after JS Mill is probably spinning in their grave.

James Green
James Green

On the last Chapo episode their theory for his popularity was that kids are taught absolutely nothing about philosophy so when they hear Peterson regurgitate poorly understood snippets from Nietzsche’s Wikipedia page they think it’s brilliant and original.

Sebastian Ramirez
Sebastian Ramirez

That's only because you don't understand what's being said
;DDDDDDD

Joseph Russell
Joseph Russell

I want to fuck his mouth while he cries.

Adam Jackson
Adam Jackson

Is Jungianism inherently reactionary?

Bentley Gonzalez
Bentley Gonzalez

I'm not big-brained enough to begin to understand this

Oliver Parker
Oliver Parker

"The kulaks were (…) apes, scum, vermin, filth and swine."
–Jordan Peterson, 12 Rules for Life.

The Current Affairs article by Nathan J. Robinson is a very good piece, but it's three times longer than it needs to be (and could have done without the white-male-amirite quip in the intro which will just put off exactly the people who would benefit the most from reading it). Here is a short fun takedown: macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/Is Jordan Peterson the stupid man’s smart person? by Tabatha Southey. Peterson is really vague, and that allows different audiences from mainstream liberal to far right to read statements into him that they want to hear.

Nathaniel Butler
Nathaniel Butler

Truly the stupid man's intellectual. In some terrifying way, Peterson is also a huge embodiment of late stage capitalism.

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

Nah, he's the desperate man's intellectual, people are too beaten down for honesty, America has largely reproduced the moral grey zone of Auschwitz in all of its culture

Luke Murphy
Luke Murphy

Peterson is really vague

How ? He's pretty outspoken about what he want.

Truly the stupid man's intellectual
Say the ☭TANKIE☭

Caleb Watson
Caleb Watson

It’s pretty clear what he does. His vagueness is carefully calculated so that his target demographic (frustrated incels, socially alienated white boys, and anybody who is rightly sick of SJW insanity and liberal cancer) can latch onto it in a way that confirms their pre-existing prejudices and frustrations. However it’s loose enough that he can basically backpedal whenever actually challenged on it, insist that the person questioning him doesn’t understand, and thus appear to be super smart. The whole lipstick thing is a perfect example.

says lipstick is designed to simulate sexual arousal
every sad white dude uses this as an excuse to justify their sexist views brought on by sexual frustration
somebody asks him if he is saying that this makes sexual harassment at work ok
he immediately says that’s not what he’s saying, because he didn’t actually say it

In other words it’s about implying right wing bullshit without actually saying it so he never actually has to defend any reactionary views, while simultaneously reenforcing them among his base.

Caleb Howard
Caleb Howard

t. Peterson fan

Hunter Johnson
Hunter Johnson

Attached: IMG-1140.JPG (140.45 KB, 1200x1096)
Attached: IMG-1141.JPG (162.07 KB, 1200x1093)

Easton Turner
Easton Turner

See

Attached: Rapist-Peterstein-2.webm (539.35 KB, 1280x720)

Hudson Taylor
Hudson Taylor

says lipstick is designed to simulate sexual arousal
It is

somebody asks him if he is saying that this makes sexual harassment at work ok
he immediately says that’s not what he’s saying, because he didn’t actually say it
He did say he though that encouraged sexual harassement.

I don't really see what you're on about there, he made his position pretty clear and obviously don't encourage harassement.

Attached: hm.png (37.29 KB, 189x166)

Aiden Hughes
Aiden Hughes

Holy shit, this has to be a joke!

Colton Harris
Colton Harris

It is

I never said it wasn’t.

I don't really see what you're on about there, he made his position pretty clear and obviously don't encourage harassement.

Then what was his position? He dropped some trivia on the origins of makeup. That’s it. It’s pretty obvious that it was bait, both for his fans to infer the idea that women who get harrassed while wearing makeup deserve it, and for the liberals to immediately latch onto and REEEE about at which point he points out that he never actually said that. In other words, he didn’t actually take a position on workplace harassment, he just said something with sexist implications that was vague enough that he could deny those implications.

It would be like if we were discussing economics and worker rights and I said “porkies used to hire thugs to kill strikers”, and somebody asked me if I was saying capitalism kills, and I just told them that’s not what I meant and that they just don’t understand my point. Saying a random fact doesn’t constitute an actual position on anything.

Isaiah Perry
Isaiah Perry

youtube.com/watch?v=zCWdA5XhGmY

DemSoc's video about it. At 6:04 he shows a snippet were Peterson says you can't be a Marxist and a human being at the same time.

Joseph Ross
Joseph Ross

Well shit they don't make sense. It's deep, profund, esoterology, my friend. You'll need to watch his lecture to understand the true meaning of those universal symbols

I never said it wasn’t.
Oh ok, I saw a bunch of people arguing otherwise in a previous thread.

he didn’t actually take a position on workplace harassment, he just said something with sexist implications that was vague enough that he could deny those implications.

Well, no, his point is that we need to figure out rules for mixed workplace to reduce sex scandal. And if we're going to ban sexual display why not ban makeup too ? Experimenting the effect of a makeup-less workplace might be worth investigating.

That's what he's saying. The "sexist implication" (which he directly state later) is that women who wears makeup get harassed more often, which is not sexist

Andrew Bennett
Andrew Bennett

Again, that still has the implication that it’s the women’s responsibility to not be raped instead of a responsibility to not rape people. If you wanted to reduce gun deaths nobody would seriously suggest wearing bulletproof vests at all times as a viable solution, partially because it would operate under the assumption that not getting shot is the responsibility of the victim. It’s dog whistle rhetoric pure and simple.

Austin Morales
Austin Morales

A better comparaison would be wearing something that flaunt your wealth in a shitty part of town.

Not painting yourself as a target for a potential crime is what you should be doing.

Logan Morales
Logan Morales

Not painting yourself as a target for a potential crime is what you should be doing.
This is the very definition of "blaming the victim" rhetoric.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

1/10

Camden Cook
Camden Cook

you need to take some precaution to protect yourself because people aren't always going to be nice to you
woow, victim blaming

Anthony Ortiz
Anthony Ortiz

People must state these things clearly, which would be

"It's your fault you wore that and got raped" : victim blaming

"You should watch out walking down that street while wearing that” : giving caution

Zachary Barnes
Zachary Barnes

Nah, you're just a brainlet.

Easton James
Easton James

I always knew this guy was a phony. just like martin shkreli
just like tucker carlson
just like shapiro
every other kike you see
melissa harris perry

all u cucks, we're watching

Dylan Cox
Dylan Cox

At least Martin Shrekli is honest about being a class A++ douchebag, Peterstein pretends to be the good guy while loathing any form of activism besides whining and cleaning your room.

Attached: Mfw-shrekli-is-love--82d7f6453ff293af5b294e18b9e423fb.jpg (50.98 KB, 640x433)

James Hill
James Hill

oh shid :-DDD got me

Attached: sprolobeard.png (6.26 KB, 335x261)

Angel Walker
Angel Walker

I live for diagrams like these, dunno why they're like my fetish

Attached: this-is-what-deleuzians-actually-believe.jpg (158.42 KB, 1200x814)

Thomas Anderson
Thomas Anderson

Impressive drawing but utterly useless.

Attached: n98qq85wffoz.jpg (212.11 KB, 1075x941)

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

Ohh I agree but still, diagrams man how do they work, they're such a mistery and I wanna marry one

Attached: DWC6tXSW4AABj4d.jpg (60.43 KB, 960x566)

Charles James
Charles James

God is delicious.

Lincoln Gonzalez
Lincoln Gonzalez

I tried, obviously not as good as

Attached: DSC-0417.JPG (1.66 MB, 4096x2304)

Austin Martinez
Austin Martinez

thewalrus.ca/the-story-behind-jordan-petersons-indigenous-identity/
Turns out either Peterson lied about being inducted into a native tribe or he just so stupid he thought he was inducted when he wasn’t

Ryder Gutierrez
Ryder Gutierrez

peterson takes some placebo hash then eats some fucking Shiitake mushrooms he was told were magic
I can see….everything…………..
Kwakwaka’wakw chiefs barely holding in laughter
"Now you are one with the lobster spirits of the seas, go teach your wisdom to the world!"
"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'LL DO!"
Kwakwaka’wakw laughing intensifies

Attached: e8524054a7be6b500fc57b3aab527810.jpg (10.6 KB, 236x236)

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

heart stone
theoden of rohan
i chortled

Eli Richardson
Eli Richardson

Can we all put our differences aside and admit his daughter is a hot piece of ass?

Attached: Mikhaila-Peterson.JPG (32.34 KB, 454x592)

Jose Johnson
Jose Johnson

Hahaha, oh wow.

Attached: quzyz.jpg (25.37 KB, 620x387)

Thomas Walker
Thomas Walker

white boys
white dudes
What did he mean by this?

Matthew James
Matthew James

It kills me that this same guy said something about academics being useless and doing nothing.

Jack Fisher
Jack Fisher

I'd have to hit it from behind because her face reminds me of Peterson. Too bad she doesn't have a bigger ass

Caleb Gomez
Caleb Gomez

Too mannish of a face imo

Juan Clark
Juan Clark

She's also a con artist, much like her father.

Chase Wood
Chase Wood

Not wearing lipstick isn’t “taking a precaution”, it’s changing your everyday behaviour because some perv at work can’t keep in his pants, literally allowing a rapist to dictate your behaviour to you. We aren’t talking about a sketchy alleyway here, we are talking about a populated, controlled environment at work. For somebody who is supposedly all about taking personal responsibility, Peterson is sure quick to make excuses for dudes who are literally not civilized enough to keep it in their pants.

Don’t worry user, next time I see you I’ll finger your asshole and then tell you to wear something less sexy next time if you don’t want me to molest you.

Justin Howard
Justin Howard

I meant that Peterson’s fans are primarily white teenagers with daddy issues, the same kind of low T cucks that fill up the rest of the alt right.

Attached: C2647198-C080-4E45-988F-269486F236EC.jpeg (120.7 KB, 1024x1024)

Anthony Jones
Anthony Jones

these people are literally twisting themselves into insane rapists in their quest to defend the honor of peterson-kun
imagine trotting out lipstick as something that makes a woman deserve rape and/or harassment (ignore for a moment the moral atrocity of even entertaining a she-was-asking-for-it style argument at all)

Gavin Myers
Gavin Myers

it’s changing your everyday behaviour because some perv at work can’t keep in his pants

So taking a precaution ? It's not even that dramatic, you're just putting less efforts so that you don't get hit on. Of course, if you want to present yourself in a way that will invit people to hit on you, with all that imply, then go ahead.

user, next time I see you I’ll finger your asshole and then tell you to wear something less sexy next time if you don’t want me to molest you.

I'll just break you in half, you underfed commie.

Attached: eh.jpg (22.23 KB, 400x460)

Hudson Morgan
Hudson Morgan

Ok, I wanted to see how long it would take until this board reached 4/pol/ level of victimhood and delusion.

imagine trotting out lipstick as something that makes a woman deserve rape and/or harassment
Good thing I never said that. Geez, it's like you decided what Peterson was saying by only listening to one phrase taken out of context.

Anthony Hall
Anthony Hall

You seem unable to understand the concept of how accountability works. We aren’t talking about walking down the street and unknown assailants here, we’re talking about a problem that can be immediately solved by simply rooting out and dealing with these people. Nobody should have to alter their behaviour to fit the whims of a criminal. Out on the street that’s one thing, since keeping perpetrators at bay and catching them after the fact is much harder, but we are talking about a much more controlled and strictly policed environment here, meaning that saying “take precautions” is just a lazy way of not actually dealing with the problem while implying that it’s a woman’s responsability to construct her habits around the activities of some scumbag.

I'll just break you in half, you underfed commie.

Lmao like any Peterson fan could do that, the only reason why any of you like him is because of your daddy issues. I bet if I put on a Kermit the Frog voice and told you to clean your room you would run and do it.

Attached: C7E0375F-39F9-46B6-9069-79C5A23EED59.jpeg (195.09 KB, 1024x714)

Justin Bailey
Justin Bailey

You also seem unable to tell the difference between what may be good advice vs an actual solution to a problem. If there was a serial killer on the loose and the police just told everybody to lock their doors as a solution to the problem that would be retarded.

Jordan Hernandez
Jordan Hernandez

Fag

Jack James
Jack James

Jesus. I want to base some fantasy lore off this shit.

Liam King
Liam King

Okay OP can you learn to post information instead of data? A 2 hour long non entertaining video with bad microphones that doesn't get to the point (or eventually, either way the information should be clear).

Then an article which is very long, has no paragraphs or subsections and tries very hard to bombard you with analogies. Which makes the message very hard to digest and rather poor, just get to the point share the findings the people who would read such a wall don't want to read through 5 analogies.

(It does help if you are male and Caucasian.)

This also demotivates me from even bothering with the article. That's not me defending Peterson though, just the quality of the sources could be a lot better.

4pol is just retarded at the moment, it has become /b/ pretty much. Guess the original user base moved somewhere else, nothing like how it was a year before last US election. Also a lot of shitty OP's just trying to datamine.

Michael Nguyen
Michael Nguyen

This is of course the most complete and overwhelming destruction of Peterson's entire position, but the way Peterson argues it makes it very difficult to respond to him except in long form like this since his positions are so hard to pin down.
How do we convince Peterson dorks to read Robinson's article?

Attached: Capture.PNG (53.66 KB, 783x588)

Robert Reyes
Robert Reyes

He probably meant given the context that you couldn't come out as a Marxist in the 70's / 80's, and people in the US would still see you as a human being. Instead they would see you as an evil communist.

Anyhow attacking post modernism is easy. It's a flawed school of thought with and end result of many useless articles and papers that are explicitly made very domain specific to the point you can't even repeat the research. You could already see in 1996 what kind of a meme post modernism was with the Sokal hoax. Still you have many articles written on the same flawed argumentation form that Sokal explicitly used to write a fake science article because he knew they would publish it (then come out and say it was all a hoax and nonsense).

NO that is not what Peterson believes. He is so much against post modernist thought and so pro objective reality that he believes those symbols are objective and not subject to different cultural interpretations!

Which is why you try to make clear graphs or an image that is a clear mental support rather than vague icons.

Justin Fisher
Justin Fisher

figure out rules for mixed workplaces

Yeah it's called controlling yourself son.

Ian Edwards
Ian Edwards

No its not, it is unfortunately poorly written and doesn't hammer on the points, gets stuck in his own word. If the writer paid more attention to formatting and keeping its own biases out it probably would be a great way to attack Peterson.

Also I find it kind of embarrassing that a Harvard academic writes and formats like this. Is USA education just a joke / meme? Do they just pay their way to get a phd from it?

The useless articles that I mentioned earlier had to do with these academics. They write on and on about very specific problems, their methodology of research often can't be repeated. A lot of sociologists are doing this and even if it goes through peer review into a journal, nobody really mentions it which has lead to a great degradation of the quality in all social sciences.

Right wingers are very much against this from happening since most of these positions attack them. They push for more multiculturalism, more women workplace dominance, more migration etc. They don't benefit from it and see how those researchers are not delivering proof. So it's natural they would take in an 'anti intellectual' position, however its more of an issue with the social sciences.

I think that over time, social sciences will become more and more obsolete. Because with data science you can find patterns, proof patterns and deliver proof that gets rid of all the subjective hypothesis driven research that occurs in sociology. Because the data will show the important facets of social networking / behavior.

Attached: avgharvardacademic.png (155.95 KB, 1131x259)

Levi Rivera
Levi Rivera

I thought that was Holla Forums's general opinion for months.

Attached: DXULJaYWkAAkrOH.jpg-orig.jpg (33.49 KB, 480x640)

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

Yeah but to be fair Chapo is run by fucking retards

Jonathan Johnson
Jonathan Johnson

clear graphs

Attached: peterson3.jpg (165.73 KB, 1339x1115)
Attached: peterson5.jpg (157.98 KB, 1374x1067)
Attached: petersonreplace.jpg (143.19 KB, 1367x1009)

Noah Green
Noah Green

Those are clear for everyone, according to Peterson (which is what I was trying to say).

He disregards the notion of subjective interpretation due to subjective knowledge.

Nathaniel Bailey
Nathaniel Bailey

what did he mean by this

Josiah Harris
Josiah Harris

yes, you didn't say it, you just implied it with the might of a thousand suns
out of context
OH FUCK OFF
every time it's him being taken out of context, he didn't mean it THAT way, you're misconstruing blah blah

what he did was what he always does - say some dumb as fuck thing egenral enough to be hard to reply to but with fucked up implications, and when challenged he says "well I'm surely not saying THAT! you're taking me out of context/strawmanning me!" and pretends to be outraged. it's a form of motte-and-bailey.

Parker Nguyen
Parker Nguyen

I think that over time, social sciences will become more and more obsolete. Because with data science you can find patterns, proof patterns and deliver proof that gets rid of all the subjective hypothesis driven research that occurs in sociology. Because the data will show the important facets of social networking / behavior.
can't wait for this utopia of retards gathering data without knowing how to interpret it, can't see how that could ever go wrong

Easton Taylor
Easton Taylor

quote JBP directly
HURR YOU ARE TAKING HIM OUT OF CONTEXT HE NEVER ACTUALLY SAID THAT
I don't think I have ever encountered a more pathetic fanbase. Even Harris fanboys are more intelligent (and also a lot less obviously broken.)

Gabriel Bailey
Gabriel Bailey

literally astrology

Attached: raven-lobster.jpg (76.04 KB, 848x534)

Adrian Murphy
Adrian Murphy

Attached: astrologyformen.png (37.75 KB, 703x245)

Blake Lewis
Blake Lewis

Of course, if you want to present yourself in a way that will invit people to hit on you,
Or maybe women have agency of their own and want to look good for themselves without having cunts harass them you dumb nigger.
Treating women like this is literally nigger tier.

Attached: 1455950259191.jpg (26.5 KB, 215x365)

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

symbols are objective
spooky

Nolan Watson
Nolan Watson

this
She looks like a younger Peterson after 10 years on tranny drugs

James Ross
James Ross

Google "Dragon of Chaos" to find out what this shit is
Only thing I find discussing it is some reddit article about "tfw no gf"
Fucking hell.

Attached: fasfg23rs.png (40.54 KB, 930x437)

Easton Anderson
Easton Anderson

Do you think he keeps yelling at his daughter not to wear lipstick?

Jaxson Watson
Jaxson Watson

Has anyone read "A Confederacy of Dunces"?
That's what Peterson's philosophy reminds me of.
I'm surprised he hasn't brought up the wheel of fortuna.

Cooper Hall
Cooper Hall

Do you think he keeps yelling at his daughter not to wear lipstick?
no, Peterson's endgame should be revealing itself to most people if it hasn't yet. to harness control over the dragon of chaos, we must become the dragon

Attached: roomstatuscleaned.jpg (80.94 KB, 834x1196)

Adam Russell
Adam Russell

the last pill for his followers to swallow

Attached: DIYSugarpillProPalette-NerdsAndNomsense-Featured.jpg (206.89 KB, 1050x700)

Jeremiah Watson
Jeremiah Watson

Yeah, I think we should maybe hold workplaces to higher standards than slums, but that's only me.

James Long
James Long

Is Dugin a Nick Land tier kook, or what? What the fuck is with that blackboard?

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

add "follow your leader, bucko"
and maybe also photoshop his head onto a lady

Nathaniel Mitchell
Nathaniel Mitchell

bad meme, but related

Attached: soy.jpg (77.89 KB, 576x586)

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

That's the kind of dude who would benefit from psychoanalysis but instead they're following this pseud. Sad!

Christopher Morris
Christopher Morris

Is Dugin a Nick Land tier kook, or what?

You don't wanna know how deep the rabbit hole goes, believe me

Attached: 4uqudo7ugpky.jpg (101.26 KB, 720x711)

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

ARIEL, THE HEROINE, IS QUITE FEMININE, BUT SHE ALSO HAS A STRONG SPIRIT OF INDEPENDENCE. FOR THIS REASON, SHE IS HER FATHER’S FAVOURITE, ALTHOUGH SHE ALSO CAUSES HIM THE MOST TROUBLE. HER FATHER TRITON IS THE KING, REPRESENTING THE KNOWN, CULTURE AND ORDER (WITH A HINT OF THE OPPRESSIVE RULE-GIVER AND TYRANT). BECAUSE ORDER IS ALWAYS OPPOSED BY CHAOS, TRITON HAS AN ADVERSARY, URSULA, A TENTACLED OCTOPUS—A SERPENT, A GORGON, A HYDRA. THUS, URSULA IS IN THE SAME ARCHETYPAL CATEGORY AS THE DRAGON/QUEEN MALEFICENT IN SLEEPING BEAUTY (OR THE JEALOUS OLDER QUEEN IN SNOW WHITE, LADY TREMAINE IN CINDERELLA, THE RED QUEEN IN ALICE IN WONDERLAND, CRUELLA DE VIL IN 101 DALMATIONS, MISS MEDUSA IN THE RESCUERS AND MOTHER GOTHEL IN TANGLED). ARIEL WANTS TO KINDLE A ROMANCE WITH PRINCE ERIC, WHOM SHE PREVIOUSLY RESCUED FROM A SHIPWRECK. URSULA TRICKS ARIEL INTO GIVING UP HER VOICE SO THAT SHE CAN HAVE THREE DAYS AS A HUMAN BEING. URSULA KNOWS FULL WELL, HOWEVER, THAT A VOICELESS ARIEL WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESTABLISH A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PRINCE. WITHOUT HER CAPACITY TO SPEAK—WITHOUT THE LOGOS; WITHOUT THE DIVINE WORD—SHE WILL REMAIN UNDERWATER, UNCONSCIOUS, FOREVER. WHEN ARIEL FAILS TO FORM A UNION WITH PRINCE ERIC, URSULA STEALS HER SOUL, AND PLACES IT IN HER LARGE COLLECTION OF SHRIVELLED AND WARPED SEMI-BEINGS, WELL-PROTECTED BY HER FEMININE GRACES. WHEN KING TRITON SHOWS UP TO DEMAND THE RETURN OF HIS DAUGHTER, URSULA MAKES HIM A TERRIBLE OFFER: HE CAN TAKE ARIEL’S PLACE. OF COURSE, THE ELIMINATION OF THE WISE KING (WHO REPRESENTS, TO SAY IT AGAIN, THE BENEVOLENT SIDE OF THE PATRIARCHY) HAS BEEN URSULA’S NEFARIOUS PLAN ALL ALONG. ARIEL IS RELEASED, BUT TRITON IS NOW REDUCED TO A PATHETIC SHADOW OF HIS FORMER SELF. MORE IMPORTANTLY, URSULA NOW HAS TRITON’S MAGIC TRIDENT, THE SOURCE OF HIS GODLIKE POWER. FORTUNATELY FOR EVERYONE CONCERNED (EXCEPT URSULA), PRINCE ERIC RETURNS, DISTRACTING THE EVIL QUEEN OF THE UNDERWORLD WITH A HARPOON. THIS OPENS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ARIEL TO ATTACK URSULA, WHO GROWS, IN RESPONSE, TO MONSTROUS PROPORTIONS—IN THE SAME MANNER AS MALEFICENT, SLEEPING BEAUTY’S EVIL QUEEN. URSULA CREATES A HUGE STORM, AND RAISES A WHOLE NAVY OF SUNKEN SHIPS FROM THE OCEAN FLOOR. AS SHE PREPARES TO KILL ARIEL, ERIC COMMANDEERS A WRECKED SHIP, AND RAMS HER WITH ITS BROKEN BOWSPRIT. TRITON AND THE OTHER CAPTURED SOULS ARE RELEASED. THE REJUVENATED TRITON THEN TRANSFORMS HIS DAUGHTER INTO A HUMAN BEING, SO SHE CAN REMAIN WITH ERIC. FOR A WOMAN TO BECOME COMPLETE, SUCH STORIES CLAIM, SHE MUST FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH MASCULINE CONSCIOUSNESS AND STAND UP TO THE TERRIBLE WORLD (WHICH SOMETIMES MANIFESTS ITSELF, PRIMARILY, IN THE FORM OF HER TOO-PRESENT MOTHER). AN ACTUAL MAN CAN HELP HER DO THAT, TO SOME DEGREE, BUT IT IS BETTER FOR EVERYONE CONCERNED WHEN NO ONE IS TOO DEPENDENT. ONE DAY, WHEN I WAS A KID, I WAS OUT PLAYING SOFTBALL WITH SOME FRIENDS.

Brandon Powell
Brandon Powell

It's really not. It's actually nothing but sob stories and reactionary tangents.

Michael Morgan
Michael Morgan

both are inventions meant to preserve the status quo

Dominic Sullivan
Dominic Sullivan

Attached: dragons.png (676.52 KB, 921x661)

Nathan Rodriguez
Nathan Rodriguez

LOBSTERS

Attached: jbp3-1024x773.jpg (83.01 KB, 1024x773)

Eli Sullivan
Eli Sullivan

No, but it's inherently essentalist garbage on a philosophical level.

Isaiah Reyes
Isaiah Reyes

What if there's a crisis of masculinity?

Who are these?

Evan Taylor
Evan Taylor

P.S.

le humanists cannot into STEM so they makey funney maymay joeks
Then please explain away what a common ancestor is. What pre-human structures are. Please?

Attached: 9780701157036-uk-300.jpg (19.5 KB, 300x442)

Leo Baker
Leo Baker

Then please explain away what a common ancestor is. What pre-human structures are. Please?

Nigger the most recent common ancestor between humans and lobsters goes back to the Cambrian era at least, we aren’t remotely similar. You could just as easily point out communistic social behaviour in ants or bees and use that to suggest that communism is our natural state. Notice how Peterson didn’t mention anything about Bonobos, literally humanity’s closest living relative. Why? Because their society is both matriarchal and nonviolent, which totally blows his “hurr durr alpha males and masculine hierarchies are natural” out of the water without even addressing things like the naturalist falacy or the nature/nurture debate in animal society. Then there is the fact that his entire reason for bringing the lobsters up at all was a giant strawman, since he claimed that his “neo-Marxist postmodernists” held the belief that hierarchy was the product of capitalist patriarchy. Well if he knew the first thing about literally anything he tries to talk about he would know that the postmodernist view of power is precisely the opposite of that. Foucault argued that power was everywhere in human society, and that even in a perfect communist utopia hierarchies would continue to exist. He doesn’t even bother researching the basic positions of the people he claims to oppose, he is a hack and if you think he is anything more you are legitimately stupid.

Attached: 8D03BAFE-1661-43F7-AD02-EDC93D967CFD.jpeg (72.5 KB, 600x800)

Jason Hernandez
Jason Hernandez

Does this count?

Attached: wewlad.jpg (102.89 KB, 877x808)

Parker Russell
Parker Russell

I read the first half or so of the article and its literally just been this guy saying Peterson is a fraud or vague and quoting difficult passages from his books without context as proof, since hey, they're hard to understand. Can anyone convince me this isn't just another half-assed hatchet job on the man? After like a dozen of these things I'm losing my will to care.

I remember you fucker, I can't believe you're still going on about the bonobos. Have you read any of the actual research articles about bonobo society yet? You're pretty much just wrong.

Attached: 1423476997277.jpg (52.71 KB, 700x500)

Elijah Rodriguez
Elijah Rodriguez

he got a phd for those
truly psychology is 100% a pseudoscience

Mason Thomas
Mason Thomas

I remember you fucker, I can't believe you're still going on about the bonobos.

I haven’t brought them up before this, you must be thinking of somebody else.

Have you read any of the actual research articles about bonobo society yet? You're pretty much just wrong.

About what exactly?

David Baker
David Baker

Oh yesss

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (21.4 KB, 480x360)

Hunter Cox
Hunter Cox

Wrong about hierarchy in bonobos. There's some interesting things to be said about it but it would be wasted on the likes of you and your reddit spacing.

Aiden Collins
Aiden Collins

What specifically? I said that their hierarchies were primarily based along matriarchal and matrilineal structures. Is this incorrect?

Josiah Russell
Josiah Russell

That's not what you said, you're shifting frame to the portion of your claims that you know you can back up and trying to get me to argue on that. Which tells me you're not interested in talking about bonobos, you're interested in scoring rhetorical points so I should just continue treating you like trash.

Jaxon Moore
Jaxon Moore

Also even without Bonobos, there are plenty of examples of firmly matriarchal social species that are much closer to humans than fucking lobsters are. Hyenas and elephants are good examples. Any way you cut it Peterson is a moron.

Gabriel Collins
Gabriel Collins

That's not what you said

That’s exactly what I said.

<Notice how Peterson didn’t mention anything about Bonobos, literally humanity’s closest living relative. Why? Because their society is both matriarchal and nonviolent

I never claimed they didn’t have hierarchies, in fact I specifically said the opposite and pointed out that they have matriarchal hierarchies.

Jack Gray
Jack Gray

You said a number of things, you picked one of them and I don't see why I should play along with this little game you're trying to do. Those poor shitty chimps never deserved to have their lifestyles be a pawn in the societal theorizing of a bunch of self-important shittier chimps.

Kevin Wilson
Kevin Wilson

There's also examples of non-western cultures which have significantly different interpretations of heroism, masculinity, hierarchy, etc. than the shit Peterson spouts as "universal", mystical truths about humanity.

You don't need to even bring this sort of stuff up to see he's an idiot, who while blissfully ignorant (or dishonestly ignoring) the philosophies he talks about, or much of history, is arrogant enough to push his non-statements and mystic mumbo-jumbo as something resembling insight, which is "totally not political".

wheel of fortuna
lul don't speak too soon

Isaiah Reed
Isaiah Reed

Can anyone convince me this isn't just another half-assed hatchet job on the man?
It is very vain of you to present yourself as someone who is capable of being convinced.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

It's happened before. And who the fuck says vain anyway? Am I a posh English lady? We've had one of these threads up constantly for months now always saying the same things. Or that there's been a million fucking thinkpieces debunking Peterson on the same things. Clearly opinions have fucking calcified at this point. I keep some vain hope that someone will say something new but I was mostly being rhetorical. We're all just circlejerking what we already think at this point, don't come at me like you're any different.

Asher Anderson
Asher Anderson

WE BOUGHT SIKKO FOR MY DAUGHTER, MIKHAILA, WHEN SHE WAS ABOUT TEN YEARS OLD. HE WAS AN UNBEARABLY CUTE PUP. SMALL NOSE AND EARS, ROUNDED FACE, BIG EYES, AWKWARD MOVEMENTS—THESE FEATURES AUTOMATICALLY ELICIT CARETAKING BEHAVIOUR FROM HUMANS, MALE AND FEMALE ALIKE. THIS WAS CERTAINLY THE CASE WITH MIKHAILA, WHO WAS ALSO OCCUPIED WITH THE CARE OF BEARDED DRAGONS, GEKKOES, BALL PYTHONS, CHAMELEONS, IGUANAS AND A TWENTY-POUND, THIRTY-TWO-INCH-LONG FLEMISH GIANT RABBIT NAMED GEORGE, WHO NIBBLED ON EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE AND FREQUENTLY ESCAPED (TO THE GREAT CONSTERNATION OF THOSE WHO THEN SPIED HIS IMPROBABLY LARGE FORM IN THEIR TINY MID-CITY GARDENS). SHE HAD ALL THESE ANIMALS BECAUSE SHE WAS ALLERGIC TO THE MORE TYPICAL PETS—EXCEPTING SIKKO, WHO HAD THE ADDITIONAL ADVANTAGE OF BEING HYPO-ALLERGENIC. SIKKO GARNERED FIFTY NICKNAMES (WE COUNTED) WHICH VARIED BROADLY IN THEIR EMOTIONAL TONE, AND REFLECTED BOTH THE AFFECTION IN WHICH HE WAS HELD AND OUR OCCASIONAL FRUSTRATION WITH HIS BEASTLY HABITS. SCUMDOG WAS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE, BUT I ALSO HELD RATHOUND, FURBALL AND SUCK-DOG IN RATHER HIGH ESTEEM. THE KIDS USED SNEAK AND SQUEAK (SOMETIMES WITH AN APPENDED O) MOST FREQUENTLY, BUT ACCOMPANIED IT WITH SNOOKY, UGDOG, AND SNORFALOPOGUS (HORRIBLE THOUGH IT IS TO ADMIT). SNORBS IS MIKHAILA’S CURRENT MONIKER OF CHOICE. SHE USES IT TO GREET HIM AFTER A PROLONGED ABSENCE. FOR FULL EFFECT, IT MUST BE UTTERED IN A HIGH-PITCHED AND SURPRISED VOICE. SIKKO ALSO HAPPENS TO HAVE HIS OWN INSTAGRAM HASHTAG: #JUDGEMENTALSIKKO.

Nolan Powell
Nolan Powell

don't come at me like you're any different.
I'm not the one saying "Come on, convince me!"
You've been presented with good articles but they're never "good enough" for you. And they never will be.

Parker Jones
Parker Jones

Yes

Dylan Nguyen
Dylan Nguyen

LMAO

Justin Ramirez
Justin Ramirez

Attached: 1521453448317.webm (1.29 MB, 854x480)

Michael Rogers
Michael Rogers

Peterson reviewed by an actual mythology scholar:

1. youtube.com/watch?v=gaqiXDgi0QU

2. youtube.com/watch?v=glBi9waLbQo

3. youtube.com/watch?v=Dgc2QuR6GkE

4. youtube.com/watch?v=lkc86Pn7avQ

5. youtube.com/watch?v=ofpSiG_XYZ8

6. youtube.com/watch?v=z3abGqKKbFM

Attached: 45be1013396f27cb7a23fd71da755d70fe7aa7e9ac94465447135d2942fb0c51.png (51.95 KB, 400x400)

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

why did you feel the need to share that with us user

Attached: time-to-stop-posting.jpg (40.31 KB, 600x450)

Lucas Roberts
Lucas Roberts

holy fug dude.

Luis Phillips
Luis Phillips

I laughed.

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

I can actually listen to this guy.

Cameron Robinson
Cameron Robinson

Yeah he's not bad.

Ian Ortiz
Ian Ortiz

"because in order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive"

Hunter Hughes
Hunter Hughes

I'm close to getting my master's in psychology. I've never seen any of this shit.
Unless this is something they teach when your PHD, this is all comes from Peterson's deranged mind.

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

the videos that this guy does where uses a medium to interview dead philosophers is fucking bizarre but also entertaining

Isaac Lee
Isaac Lee

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!