Why are Americans so illiterate and stupid?

Why don't Americans invest in their own society to create more productive and innovate workers for them to exploit? Why dumb down the population? They have an infinite supply of cheap labor they can import, why also dumb down their own?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-55515-is-wrong-under-the-common-core-2015-10
youtube.com/watch?v=3sjqYJ9tYiY
washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/03/30/report-big-education-firms-spend-millions-lobbying-for-pro-testing-policies/?utm_term=.cd8ff93c6c20
politico.com/story/2015/02/pearson-education-115026
theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/07/why-poor-schools-cant-win-at-standardized-testing/374287/
patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/10/21/why-would-a-math-teacher-punish-a-child-for-saying-5-x-3-15
timssvideo.com/
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5
sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.cub.2015.06.006
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the american bourgeoisie did this, not ""americans""

OK but the Chinese bourgeoisie doesn't do this and neither do the Europeans this seems to be an exclusively American phenomenon.

Mongrels' entropy

So is common core a shittier teaching method or are the tests just harder? I can't find info much about it without being alt-right jew-conspiracy shit.

I can attest to the texas standardized tests have always been piss easy to artificially inflate scores, so if there's a new higher standard then the grades are going to drop. It also wouldn't surprise me if parents who were raised in a shittier system blame the new low test scores and new teaching methods on everyone but them and their kids being idiots. They don't want to realize how dumb they are so they'd rather just keep dragging everyone's standards down with them.

businessinsider.com/why-55515-is-wrong-under-the-common-core-2015-10

Because they are a bunch of interbred mongrels. and they have a lot of blacks and Mexicans too. These groups drag down the national average.

Haha those dumb rednecks. What a bunch of trailer trash retards.

First they create a problem, then they offer the "solution". The problem is idiotic, unskilled Americans. The solution is unlimited immigration and cheap labor. Just don't mention the fact that most of the h1b applicants cheat on their exams.

America is a lost cause

Those pesky immigrants! If only they hired really moronic

dumb, thick, drooling, white kids from Kentucky instead. They'd really show the world who's boss!

I feel a lot of this "Americans are moronic!" shit has a racial/identity aspect to it but I can't really put a finger on it. Seems kind of pointless.

This but ironically.

This but unironically

Yeah, everything must be caused by those dumbass cumskins. Nevermind the fact white suburbs consistently make higher test scores than nonwhite inner cities.

Non stop studying for SATs with SAT tutors, and how Americas education system universally works around pushing kids to not know material but work better at taking tests, does not actually make you intelligent

It means you're good at passing an SAT.

All you have after that is the Bell Curve and other discredited literature.

America is the most advanced capitalist nation in the world.
This is just what that looks like.

Teachers have as much preparation to be teachers as a cook in mcdonald, meaning they are fucking morons. Parents dont give a fuck about their kids either and live in unstable homes. That really fucks up kids

t. Teacher

Because profits are becoming too hard to obtain through external imperialism. Thus the need for austerity. America is decaying rapidly while every country that is not economically shackled to them is taking off. Soon they will start a war, which they will badly lose. After that we can all forget about them.

Ah yes, inbreeding is great, it has produced the worlds greatest minds such as.

Boons.

agree

It has been proven that race mixing makes the offspring dumber. America is a warning to the world of the dangers of race mixing.

THERE'S MOMMY'S SPECIAL LITTLE BOY

Baboon boy…you forgot your flag….baboon boy..?

Boons are dragging us down to the level of Apefrica 100% incontrovertible statistical fact

Disagree

Does anyone know why this autist is so obsessed with blacks?

Why didn't you stop it?

Because black people are generally stupid, violent, thieves.

Look I'm going to spell it out for you boons are the reason this country is a third world shithole. Crime? Boons. Shitty schools? Boons. HIV and STD rates? Boons (kind of they are not 100% to blame for this).

Boons are a menace.

Baboon boy put your flag back on

t. amerimutt

Majority of inner city boons are at least half as malnourished as those kids were tbh

Well it's true boons commit literally 50% of crime

americans are among the stupidest people i've ever met.

i wonder how history will remember the american people, say, 200 years from now…

You speaking of boons.

He said Americans

Boons are not Americans they are Apefrican americans or poc

your entire republican party is proof that the retardation runs far deeper than just black people. seriously, you're severely retarded right now. i don't know what to tell you buddy, you're so retarded you can't tell how retarded you are, and that's the end of that.

i just wonder if history books will acknowledge this severe mass retardation in americans as we do with other historical cultures.

If we use this logic why shouldn't the rest of the world treat America like a leper now

You are an American, you are also dumber than anyone I've ever met.

Nice strawman arguments.
lol

this exactly

Look I'm sorry to break it to you but boons belong in zoos, Republican party or no Republican party.

That would be great, they would leave us alone and stop immigration/ trade.

Look I'm sorry to break it to you but baboon posters belong in zoos, Republican party or no Republican party.

Racist much Schlomo?

That wouldn't help you either, your country is built to die at this point. Sorry mutt

What is the deal with the trend of blacks and criminal behaviour? It's almost as if they have a genetic predisposition.

Zoos. We need zoos.

LA CREATURA….

LA BESTIA………..

EL ABOMINACION…!

You belong in one mutt.

What's the deal with baboonposter and taking off his flag? It's almost as if he has a genetic predisposition

t. bourg faggot

EL GOBLINO!!!!!!!

Thats the idea. Tear down the corrupt United States and build a better nation from the ashes.

hahahahaha

And who's going to do that? Trump? Yeah congratulations on electing the most pro-Israel candidate Holla Forums you won

well okay but americans would still be retarded yes? for example, you yourself are severely retarded as we've referenced, but if the blacks were in the zoos, would you be less retarded? i dont think so, you might be more retarded if annything else. what of your your republican and conservative compatriots? would they be less retarded?

Mutts belong in zoos! Put Amerimutts in Zoos!

No America would improve immensely if the baboon menace was dealt with properly.

I never said I supported Trump. Can Holla Forums do anything other than make strawman arguments?

the reason you're so severely retarded is because of black people, alright

The age of man is over. The age of the mandrills is upon us. Woe upon the apes, for they were too specialized to conquer the land. Woe to the humans, for they were too smart for their own good. Bow before thy redfaced rulers.

People are making strawman arguments about you, because nobody takes you seriously

perhaps, but your retarded friends who make up the movement you're a part of sure did. what does it say of your political legitimacy when most of your political comrades are severely retarded and delusional to the point of schizophrenia?

RELEASE THE BABOONS, JAIL THE MEN

UPHOLD SPEAKER OF THE LAW THOUGHT

also this

how am i supposed to argue seriously with someone who is severely retarded? i cant, that's wrong. you don't abuse the mentally challenged.

Teachers are fucking morons. I'm thinking we can abolish teachers altogether. Just let kids watch lectures online, make their own way through the information. They get the best resources, can ask questions directly to people who really know their shit, or even work together with students all over the country. It's brilliant. You intensively guide them through it of course, but instead of teachers you put people trained in developmental psychology next to them. Finally give their personal problems the attention they need. They make sure the kids are happy and learning to their potential.

I'm convinced that the reason so many kids fail at school isn't because they're stupid but because they're troubled. They can't gather the motivation to get going. That's what we ought to be focusing on.

Look there is no debate here. Boons drag us through the mud by every comprehensible metric. It's objective fact.

RELEASE THE BABOONS

THE BABOONS WILL NOT BE SILENCED

GRAB THE WEAPONS AND CHARGE

DRAG THE BABOON POSTER THROUGH THE MUD

DO NOT LET HIM BREATHE

t. mutt

You fool, the baboons are merely pawns. When man has died, we will exterminate them as well. And our macaque allies, who have pierced the veil of Europe, they will receive their just rewards.

MANDRILL PRIDE STRONG

I'm leaving this thread the baboons are making me nervous.

IT'S AFRAID

Wrong guy Schlomo.

Wow, this sounded retarded but ended up smart. Points for you.

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=3sjqYJ9tYiY

Why aren't you posting about Mandrills

Is this man Anti-Mandrill?

ZOO IS CODEWORD FOR ANTI-MANDRILL

America really is full of mutts, I know because I live here. This is why civil order and the US government must collapse. It has been propping up the degeneration of the human species. Natural selection in the form of famine, disease, and war can take care of a large portion of the unfit. Any remainders can be dealt with by a eugenics program. A massive population correction would solve most of our current problems.

RELEASE

THE

BOONS

Let this thread be known as a victory for Mandrill gang over the petty race of men.

YOU FOOL!

Way to show him how not mad you are.

WE ARE FURIOUS

WE WILL TEAR THROUGH THE STARS IN JIHAD

Why is the "fix pol" spammer hanging out on Holla Forums?

Colobus poster detected.

GET THE NON BELIEVER

SILENCE THIS BOYTIJE

BABOONS NEED TO BE IN ZOOS

ZOOOOOOOOS

BYE BYE BA.BOONS🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Baboons used to give me nightmares when I was 6, so I better leave the thread too before I get traumatized.

EAT THE BABOON BOY

NEVER AGAIN

DO NOT LET THE BOYTIJE ESCAPE

man i wish this was the case, it feels like psychologist that could actually do some good in education just stay back and tap their feet, shake their heads at shit that goes down
much like our local leftcoms
but these days a psychologist is just a motivational speaking with a degree, like the constantly mentioned Peterson here lmao

WEAKLING LANGUR! YOU WILL NEVER LIVE AGAIN!

Why do baboons have such a bad reputation? Saw a documentary about some baboons recently and they seemed pretty chill. Mandrills are probably the same.

They look scary tho.

KILL ALL MANDRILLS

=MANDRILLS ARE A FUCK==

1490000993I9 BOONS KILLED

HONEY BADGERS ARE NAZBOL

YOU EXPECT US TO FEAR THIS PUSSY??? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

America needs to be nuked.

THIRD WORLD REVOLUTIONARY MANDRILLISM WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY THE LIKES OF YOU, WEAK PUSSY CAT

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

The boons are even ruining Holla Forums with their money businesses!

SILENCE HIM

NOW NOW NOW

YOU WILL DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS BEFORE MANDRILL GANG LET'S YOU ESCAPE THE JUNGLE ALIVE

Genetic memory. Our ancestors, whom we share with the chimpanzees, may have lived in fear of baboons. Even to this day chimpanzees have to contend with baboons, who are almost as cunning as they are.

itt

MANDRILLS DO NOT FEAR HOOKS, WE WILL BITE THOUSANDS, OUR WOUNDS HEAL TIME AND AGAIN

ONLY THE WEAK FEAR THE HOOK AND THE PAIN, FEAR IS THE LITTLE DEATH

DENY A CANYON CRAB

My fucking sides

THE JUNGLE

It's like Ferguson all over again itt

That's why the Jews deserve holocaust reparations. They are traumatized from the genetic memory of their 6 year old grandparents riding roller coasters directly into the ovens.

How should we feel about these sorts? Are they comrades and enemies against human imperialism, or are they just a bunch of autistic, screeching reactionaries?

YOU LIVE IN THE FOREST NOW, LITTLE NAKED MAN

they make useful alarms…

TELL US WHY WE SHOULD PITY THE HUMAN AFFAIRS

THEY ARE ONLY CRUNCHIE

Remove this filth from mine eyes,
YOU CAPUCHIN CUR!

OUR DRUMS OF WAR

ON HANDS AND KNEES
WE CRAWL
YOU CANNOT STOP US ALL
OUR BLOOD
OUR GRACE
WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS PLACE

Baboon boy is a mod.

There's not enough mods either. I think there needs to be another Mod recruitment thread.

Finland and Singapore are two of the most advanced and anti-communist countries in the world, yet they consistently outperform every other country when it comes to education.

Must be the lack of boons dragging them down.

bump

Finland has an awesome public education system though, and Singapore has a somewhat decent system although it has issues with regard to it's incredible rigidity and streaming. Neither are comparable to the USA's public system which is basically commodified retardation.

America is on a whole 'nother level of capitalist advancement. US schools receive hundreds of millions each year from advertising snack and processed foods and drinks. It is common for school districts to display corporate advertising and advertising is allowed on school buses in several states. This is all thanks to the serious budget shortfalls happening all across the country due to service cuts. Tear books and school newspapers carry advertisements for food and beverages. They're rolling out privatization schemes and are working on busting up all the teachers unions. THIS is what it means to be the most advanced capitalist nation in the world. Don't you worry, though, because Finland and Singapore will catch up if capitalism can sustain itself.

*year books

washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/03/30/report-big-education-firms-spend-millions-lobbying-for-pro-testing-policies/?utm_term=.cd8ff93c6c20
politico.com/story/2015/02/pearson-education-115026
Common core wasn't done out of some actual desire to improve national public education but to appease big name textbook and education material providers who lobbied hard for it. The system was set up with companies in mind, not students, which is why poorer neighborhoods are being especially fucked over by it.
theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/07/why-poor-schools-cant-win-at-standardized-testing/374287/
If you get the time, there's a PBS documentary call "180 Days: Hartsville" in which they watch a rural town school for that amount of time and it shows how the system is more or less built against them. Basically, students have to test at near 100% proficiency for the school to continue to receive funding and given that the school is in an area where 1) The internet is hard to access and 2) The majority of the populace is impoverished, this becomes rather difficult to do. Common core basically sets standards, tells the schools that they can only purchase a certain set of teaching materials and curriculum of a standard which only a few companies meet, then leaves them to their own devices with no actual structural supports to help them get there.

oh our bourgeois and aristocrats alike try hard with "reforms" that only benefit few and neoliberals/neofascists/neoreactionarioes don't even hide that they want lower class people out of higher education altogether.
however, we still have some influential political opposition to those plans, including left leaning liberals, "middle class" hipsters etc.

they basically adopted the former gdr's education system with a couple modifications afaik

Is it true that in America there are people who literally get paid to hold a sign?

College isn't for everyone.

sounds like the silicon valley solution tbh

No the robots already took that job.

Not for stupid people, being poor should have no influence on who studies. Hence entrance exams combined with free college in every normal country.

I thought the point of sign holders was to get around advertising laws.
For example you can have a sign holder on the side of a road where you aren't allowed to just put a sign.
Anywhere a mannequin holding a sign can be put you could just use a normal sign or sandwich board so it seems kind of useless.

Nobody is dumbing Americans down. The Common Core demonstrated how individual states, if left to their own devices, will make tests easy to ensure they get maximum Federal funding. This happens because per the 2002 NCLB all Federal funding is tied into standardized exams. This has broadly made Americans smarter, but at the cost of academic freedom. ALL education materials from Kindergarten to Grade 12 is standardized into the Federal government, and only a few publishers make comliant materials. Classic case of neoliberalism using public standards to enforce private monopolies.

Overall what makes people stupid -and compliant- is the growth of student loans and "extended learning" aimed at graduates. On their own the ideas aren't bad, retraining is good for society and loans can be used to increase access to education. HOWEVER, as applied it's been utterly ruined by capitalist greed, creating a situation where students need to take on debts to afford the best schools meanwhile graduates are expected to continue paying the school for retraining every 5-10 years so they can keep making money.

Again, it's fucking capitalism. This is what raw, unfettered capitalism looks like. The end of the road isn't a stupid generation, just a destitute one.

Europeans were the ones who started the "standardized education" meme, which the US blatantly copied under Bush and Obama. Europe originally copied it from China, whose civil service exams go back a long time and contribute to their inability to snuff out corruption and institutionalized torpor.

To be clearer what I mean about "stupid", I mean it in the "worker training" sense. Capitalist workers are incredibly smart, they have to be because the huge oversupply of globalized labor makes job competition very high meaning anyone not kept up to date on everything gets put to the back and ruined. Colleges exploit this with retraining and extended learning programs, especially for compsci studies where a truly interested graduate can learn about everything on their own time but requires a certificate to prove to an employer that they have the newest skills.

But on the flip side, this destroys civic engagement. People are constantly poor, fretting over grades and new technologies they have to pay to show they know about. Schools are not run by elected boards, they are run by appointed bureaucrats. Funding is determined by grades on standardized exams and this causes gameification of the system, where first place goes to whoever understood the meta system (not the cirricula content) the most. This is where rot begins, as people stop believing in ideas and more in the rules which they have no control over.

Where universities used to foster discussion about serious topics like war or nuclear weapons, most student clubs are now merely used as vehicles to get more things from the official tallied system rather than places of civic engagement and activism. Kids don't join robotics clubs because they like computers, they do it because they need to get some sort of foot in the door for the best classes and they need to get friendly with who grades their exams.

I

Americans were by and large stupid before and after common core. Being isolated from the rest of the world by vast oceans does this to a population.

Silly user. America is America, all those other countries are filthy foreigners. Alaska is American because it's big on the map so it sticks out, but Guam or Puerto Rico certainly aren't American.

Software engineers are at a disadvantage in the market if they have certificates. I'm skeptical of your claim about comp sci students.

t. software engineer

Not if they have a 4 year degree + new cert every five years. All the people I know who have gainful employment have to do it to ensure they aren't cycled out of the company after each major project. Though, this only really applies to software/webservice oriented firms, not ones who actually produce products.

Entrance exams set the bar lower for poor people, so idiots still get in. My university was like a zoo, it is unacceptable.

lol

This.

I don't know man, it seems to me that the trend in capitalist States is for education up to secondary to slowly decay over time simply because from a swine point of view, it's not immediately productive, so it's viewed more as a cost than an investment, and gets slowly siphoned away. Then some government with some common sense enacts a major reform or other and education budget gets a revamp and curricula are improved, then the decay starts anew.

Besides, education is caught in a permanenet bind: yes, it sucks, but how else can we know if kids are learning other than standardized testing? Doubly so in the massive level of public education, where there aren't nearly enough teachers to allow them to engage personally with the students.

Granted, I don't have personal experience with the topic, but I don't recall America's up-to-secondary education being in any better shape before 2001. Does that book provide some evidence?

But… do they have to pay royalties or some shit in order to be able to make compliant material? Why wouldn't they do that, if the standards are increasingly uniform accross the country?

To be fair, it seems like the "least worst" method for staffing the State that I know of. If nthing else, it's at least metirocratic on a base level. The only alternatives would be a marxist-Leninist vanguard party-State, and maybe something else? American college admissions are a perfect example of a horrible system.

But about the merchantilization of higher learning yeah I agree with everything.

Is this your mind on anarchism?

I'm going back to college as an adult (37y/o). I can tell you that most of the kids who are failing are quite stupid, and there are a lot of them. I also work with children as a volunteer and find that an amazing amount of 2nd graders can't decipher words with more than 5 letters.

So what your saying is this common core garbage is a bunch of pinko subversion?

Seriously though, this is satire?

are you sayin universities should be democratic?

patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/10/21/why-would-a-math-teacher-punish-a-child-for-saying-5-x-3-15
this article explains it better.

Not as advanced as America. Both have functioning welfare states.

Okay, I'm not a burger, and I still don't get it. Are US children really having their math exams rejected because they didn't solve the problem exactly the way they were taught to? I thought that pic was fake. Obviously just getting the solution isn't everything, but come on. The "muh matrices" argument is one of the more retarded things I've heard recently.

Yes, and for two reasons.
1. The theory behind CC is that the early habits you build when learning things like multiplication will stick with you for the rest of your education. Teachers are trying to focus more on a strong common core because it is believed it will produce better learners. Matrices are a thing that all students have to learn, so preparing them for that makes sense.

2. If a student isn't solving the problem the way they were taught, then they're coming to the solution in a round-about way that they either made up themselves on the spot or were taught by a parent who passed on a trick they remembered. This is problematic, because it doesn't actually build a strong core for further learning - it only helps the student build a bag of tricks.

It's really the logical conclusion of authoritarian-style teaching methods. My way or the highway, because you're too stupid to figure out anything on your own and can not be trusted to think for yourself.

Works for asia, which is why asian students make up a very large percentage of American mathematics graduate students and also routinely wallop American students with respect to math scores. Rote learning is the only way to learn math for a majority of people.

Huh, where I live people who don't go to a STEM uni will likely never hear of them in their entire life. I don't think I ever met anyone who needed matrices for anything and still wasn't able to grasp that matrix multiplication is not commutative, though.

t h e h o r r o r

Thanks, this explains it.

Penny wise, pound foolish. Under certain conditions, bourgs will go for short term gains at the expense of long term growth. Maybe it's an expression of the realization that our society is heading of a cliff: why bother investing in the next generation when you will just have to euthanize most of them come a 6°C global warming?

Blacks. White and Asian Americans do very well in PISA scores

That is more of a myth than truth. They use this kind of teaching in the parts of asia that perform poorly. They don't in Taiwan, Japan, Hon Kong and South Korea (I don't include china because I suspect that there is a lot going on there). Japanese schools teach math using groups and guided rediscovery teaching a lot of the time, there is course also a lot of black board and lecturing teaching as well.

The Asian root learning is meme that applies more to South Asia, the Indian region and the Middle East. Down below you can see some examples of class room teaching from various countries.
timssvideo.com/

By the way, the Nordic countries are moving away from this style of teaching because it is "over" pedagogical, meaning you are hampering the teaching by making it to mechanical and explicit. Unless people engage in productive struggle they do not learn

damn right it is

what a garbage chart holy shit

True, but the colours (categories the charmaker has applied) are irrelevant to the underlying data

kill yourself

it's be completely grey than. But it's not completely grey now is it?
also big surprise 50 years of governemnt injected crack cocaine and lead poisoning makes you dumber. Intelligence has nothing to with "race"

who said that you faggot. Race is nonexsitant fucking get over it. You won't be smarter because your skin produces less melanin. How fucking dense are you? Go back to Holla Forumsreddit nobody wants you here

That must be why blacks from families earning 200k do about the same as whites from families earing under 20k

Self-identified race corresponds to best fit genetic cluster 99% of the time, even using random snps

You can tell someone's self-identified race from looking at the way their brain is folded

cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5
sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.cub.2015.06.006

just tell me how the fuck do you differentiate between "black" and "white" in America? You've been interbreeding for 300 fucking years. Literally the only thing you way you can separate them is by their skin colour and that has jackshit do to with intelligence. Take your shitty pseudoscience away.
And "family income" implies they have a kid and a job. Black people who have kids and jobs probably grew up in a town where they got lead poisioning. Get over yourself

holy shit fucking kill yourself

Nope, you can do it by looking at random points on the genome. Try again.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1828730/pdf/1471-2164-8-68.pdf

this is correct
but this isn't

You can identify which race someone is by looking at their brain shape. see . Brain genetics vary across racial groups.

The answer to this is so obviously blacks that I almost think it is a Holla Forums bait thread

Took a reading final back in 11th grade. I fucking passed 100% on it. It was like a 5th grade test. My teachers even told me it was going to be the hardest test of the year. I'm not complaining too much, but schools really need to step up.

this is really a dumpster fire of a thread but the OP is good

Bump

an argument from Peter Hitchens which was interesting but from quite a actually reactionary point of view is that the purpose of the American education system has always been to socialise, to create Americans, with education as a secondary purpose. The impetus from public (US meaning, i.e. state) schools coming from a fear that religious schools - especially catholic schools - would create a generation of people with loyalties to something other than the American idea.
contrast with Britain which - while having a big religious element in the older education system - had an established church making it a sort of branch of the state, meaning there was no need to fear that would do anything except create Britons, leaving them free to actually focus on educating people. (Though here it should be remembered that the school leaving age wasn't yet 16-18)

so Hitchens' argument goes, Comprehensive schools were introduced for socially egalitarian ends by Labour to avoid the class-stratification that arose in the old system, with the consequence that good working class pupils no longer got into Grammar Schools and progressed upwards, since there was no more element of academic selection to secondary education to filter the wheat from the chaff.

Now I'm not saying I believe that, but maybe there's some truth to the bit about American education having the goal of socialising people rather than educating them. (I wonder, did American school-teachers used to get away with hitting/caning kids? That was still going on in living memory in Britain.)