It seems like the internet has fostered an extreme self-conscious, in which all sincerity is rendered grotesque...

It seems like the internet has fostered an extreme self-conscious, in which all sincerity is rendered grotesque. The greatest concern here is to uphold an air of carelessness, an ironic distance that can't even bare to stand near itself. Prime example of this being twitter; which is filled with unironically ironic nietzschean-bordigan-evolan-cultural-mensheviks, substitute personalities that fear no word as much as the name of their creator, incessantly producing faux-random tweets in a chase to win the retweet jackpot.

I feel like communism, fascism, anarchism; the whole lot of them, died long ago and are now merely themes for the roleplaying of utterly bored people.

God shut the fuck up at this point

You're annoying as fuck stop posting

This post would be been okay if you stopped there and if this wasn't a new thread.

Are you okay?

I agree, but this is more of a blog post than a topic for a thread.
Polite sage

Every topic has its subject.

you fucking wish, >>>Holla Forums

That's just heritage really.

I would know, I run such a twitter account for shits n giggles. I can post obvious nonsense like "Capitalism fosters de.ge.neracy and that's why we need white Juche" and people dig that.

And every time someone likes or retweets my content I die a little inside.

I always say that 2006 was the last real year. 2010s seem like peak cringe, but I know the next decade will manage to be even worse.

That Che.

Is that you Pierre?

Luckily the internet isn't real life. Sincerity still exists, all you have to do is step out the door. It is hard to be ironic during hour long meetings, when you're labouring to organize an event, going door to door, or staring down the riot police.

But the purely online phenomenon you describe is real. As to the origin, my guess is that it lies in the breath of the reach of any one opinion you post. It's not just that you can face criticism from enemies, which you can simply dismiss, but also from people you thought of as allies. Your in-group might turn against you on a dime, call-out-culture-like, so your only defense is to hold no true position. That way no-one can hurt you. And the reason you can be attacked so easily is because the cost of mounting an attack online is low, as is the risk. If you get in someone's face, you might have to deal with their anger and/or tears. But online, it's just text on a screen.

this is just US culture, it is only the internet because US culture goes a long way on the internet

Despite the unnecessary oddness of your wording, your last sentence strikes true.
I think it is comes from people in the west having lost a sense of identity. Religion has faded, and national pride is discouraged, which leaves a gasping vacuum for a sense of belonging.
This is filled by a variety of clubs and ideologies that are strongly expressed.
I wouldn't say the internet has done this, as it was evident from the 60s and 70s onwards. It is far more noticable and widespread now though. Religion became particularly unfashionable since the 90s, and was soon replaced by subcultures and marginal politicisms.

eh?

Of course it is, or is this a imaginary world? Also, you can still find sincerity if you look in the right places.

le simulacra man is highly relevant to our current condition. There are no secrets anymore, everything is out there in the open. The sense of total transparency is suffocating. Everyone is at once secret policeman and object of surveillance, with no room for ambiguity or secret languages. You are nothing but a bank account, an utility maximizing abstraction, a marketing demographic, a bundle of alternatively 'marginalized' and 'privileged' identities, a source of monetizable data and work-hours.