Continuity and Rupture, by J. Moufawad-Paul

Have you read this book Holla Forums? Thoughts on it?

Just finished reading it and I was pleasantly surprised. I've been sort of leaning towards ML for a while but always remained critical of (most) ML's who completely endorse the Stalin era USSR and what JMP would describe as the top-down, monolithic conception of the democratic centralist communist party. I never took Maoism seriously but this book kinda changed my perspective.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/jmp3903
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm actually thinking on reading it, is it a Thirld-Worldist work though?

checked

Do it. I highly recommend it.

No. It's about Marxism-Leninism-Maoism which completely rejects "third-worldism".

The fact that so few edits are required to make a convincing Mao Pepe is disturbing

Indeed.

Have you read JMP's book, though, Mr. Hoxhaposter?

bump

What is this book about?

How so?

"A philosophical examination of the theoretical terrain of contemporary Maoism premised on the counter-intuitive assumption that Maoism did not emerge as a coherent theory until the end of the 1980s."

There's stuff in there about

MLM doesn't deny that there is a "labour aristocracy" or that revolution is more likely to happen in third-world countries, but it doesn't go as far as to say that there is no proletariat in the first world or that revolution in capitalist core countries is impossible. There are Marxist-Leninist-Maoist parties in the first world pursuing anti-capitalist struggle and trying to achieve change in their own countries, instead of just sending money to third-world communist orgs or whatever the fuck Jason Unruhe advocates.

Thanks, planning on reading it

Probably one of the best 'Maoists' alive. I like his blog and some posts are ace, but never cared about the whole historical relation of the ideologies so I'm not about to read this stuff.

He had a bit too much of that totalitarian flavor and self-flagilating and guilt tripping criticism last I had read his stuff years ago. I doubt he has simmered down since then.

Yeah there are some really great articles on his blog.

Could you elaborate?

bump

bumping one last time

He was one of those hard core language and thought policers on r/communism.

Really?! That's surprising. He's written multiple blog posts about the problems of certain kinds of identity politics. Pretty sure he specifically wrote how language policing is stupid.

Oh and btw, you don't happen to remember his reddit acc name, do you?

Yeah, big surprise, his actual praxis doesn’t really match the shit he’s written. I’ve never met him in person but I asked him some questions in good faith when I was a baby communist and he was kind of a dick about it. The Roo on the other hand has actually been quite pleasant to talk to the few times I talked to him.

meant for

reddit.com/user/jmp3903

Funny that the most recent post mentions language policing. I suppose he has changed. He was never the worst with it, but he did occasionally post about 'oppressive' language.

thank