Biden Scolds Millennials Saying They Have It Rough: ‘Gimme A Break’

Biden Scolds Millennials Saying They Have It Rough: ‘Gimme A Break’

Former Vice President Joe Biden pushed back this week on millennials who say they have it tough, saying he does not sympathize with them.

"The younger generation now tells me how tough things are. Give me a break. No, no, I have no empathy for it. Give me a break," Biden, 75, told The Los Angeles Times earlier this week.

"Because here's the deal guys, we decided we were gonna change the world. And we did. We did. We finished the civil rights movement in the first stage. The women's movement came to be," he continued.

"So my message is, get involved. There's no place to hide. You can go and you can make all the money in the world, but you can't build a wall high enough to keep the pollution out. You can't live where — you can't not be diminished when your sister can't marry the man or woman, or the woman she loves. You can't — when you have a good friend being profiled, you can't escape this stuff."

Biden made the remarks while promoting his new book "Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose."

The former vice president has been floated as a potential Democratic candidate for the 2020 presidential race.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/368849-biden-on-young-people-complaining-they-have-it-tough-give-me-a

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-boomers-sociopaths_us_58b9a358e4b0d2821b4dd797
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Absolutely disgusting.

Cute codewords for the shady assassination of MLK. Fuck Joe.

What did he mean by this

Biden just sunk his chances.

Not in the rigged primaries

This is amazing cuz Dem politicians literally just materialize at popular demonstrations and present themselves as the leaders when they're being opportunistic as fuck

Tbh this: the youth voted for Bernie and didn't show up on election day.

Exactly. Why didn't they stand with HER?

Because they're all sexist and racist bernie bros ofc!
Oprah 2020 tho!

I wonder who’s to blame? Hint it’s Boomers.

You didn't.

True.

Read this article on why baby boomers are sociopaths.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-boomers-sociopaths_us_58b9a358e4b0d2821b4dd797

spoiler would've improved this post
Hint it's boomers

I really have no idea what he's even trying to say. "Being poor ain't so bad because gay people have problems"?

The Civil Rights Movement was conducted by a militant mass movement which had largely been abandoned by the Democrats by 1968. The government signed the Civil Rights Act into law because they were scared shitless about the real possibility of a mass uprising, many cities had been effectively put under martial law at that point. It's hilarious that liberals have rebranded 1968 as the "Summer of Love", my dad's biggest memory of the "Summer of Love" was tanks rolling past his home.

I'd honestly rather have Trump than this neolib out of touch fucktard.

this is a leftist politics board by the way

It's funny because Biden is directly responsible for a huge part of the whole student loan debacle. The whole "Biden bro" thing is such a stupid forced meme.

Maybe you'd understand if you weren't so busy cramming your face full of avocado toast and working three jobs to pay down your student loans.

Whiners like you make me sick. I'd be vomiting right now if I weren't so busy working through my break. I'll be assistant manager of this GAP by June, and then I can start enjoying my life as a capitalist, unlike you lazy punks.

he has no chance against bernie

None of his voters were millennials anyways. There all boomers.

lel, they're gonna shoehorn him through just like they did with Hillary and campaign again on Trump saying mean words

This is neocon-tier whining.