LeftCom Reading List

Here is a bunch of books relevant to LeftComs I have compiled into a reading list. Feel free to add to the list.

> marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1857/grundrisse/

> marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/

> beyondresistance.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/for-work-is-a-crime-by-herman-j-schuurman-1924/

> marxists.org/archive/rubin/value/

> marxists.org/archive/mattick-paul/1939/council-communism.htm

> contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~randall/Readings W2/Horkheimer_Max_Adorno_Theodor_W_Dialectic_of_Enlightenment_Philosophical_Fragments.pdf

> chisineu.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/lefebvre-henri-the-critique-of-everyday-life-vol-1.pdf

> libcom.org/library/state-capitalism-james-clr

> libcom.org/library/doctrine-bordiga

> libcom.org/library/time-work-discipline-industrial-capitalism-e-p-thompson

> marxists.org/reference/archive/debord/society.htm

> marxists.org/archive/camatte/capcom/

> libcom.org/files/andrecc81-gorz-critique-of-economic-reason.compressed.pdf

> after1968.org/app/webroot/uploads/postone_klein(1).pdf

> krisis.org/1999/manifesto-against-labour

> cominsitu.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/ellen-meiksins-wood-the-origin-of-capital-a-longer-view.pdf

> endnotes.org.uk/issues/1/en/theorie-communiste-much-ado-about-nothing

> theanarchistlibrary.org/library/monsieur-dupont-nihilist-communism

> libcom.org/library/what-was-ussr-aufheben

> zero-books.net/books/writing-on-wall

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170317014108/https://edensauvage.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/reading-list-for-aspiring-ultra-lefts/
marxists.org/archive/luxemburg/1904/questions-rsd/ch01.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice

stopped reading there tbh

have a bump anyways

Old habits die hard, eh?

Leftcom cat is qt

She reminds me of my ex and that makes me feel bad, man. Just thought I'd let you all know that.

That's pretty good.

Leftcom: a term so vague and vacuous (like its "adherents") That it can draw on Debord/ Lefebvre and Bordiga at the same time and claim to be coherent

Please kill yourself.

Explain.

Here's the edensauvage reading list (it's since been deleted; that's the reason for the wayback link): web.archive.org/web/20170317014108/https://edensauvage.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/reading-list-for-aspiring-ultra-lefts/

Great reading list but it's hilarious that this guy became a Maoist.

Is that still a reading list? It's getting close to a bibliography.

vs

Debord was a fucking opportunist to any consistent Bordigist.

LeftComs aren't a hivemind. It's common knowledge that they aren't a tendency per se but rather a label applied to commies who reject both social-democracy and Leninism. You do realize that reading books that contradict each other isn't a bad thing, right?

Like anarcho-communists?

Kropotkin, Gramsci, and Boridiga are all very different worldviews

What point are you even trying to make? So far, LeftComs have been the most apt by far when it comes to actually understanding what Marx was talking about.

There is a certain degree of overlap between LeftComs and AnComs, most notably with Autonomism and Communization.

Autonomist Gang when?

Bordiga was a Leninist

You need to read a book.

Most self-proclaimed autonomists I meet are lifestylist larpers who just want to do ketamine and fight the cops. Not even shitting on Negri here.

Yes, and pretty much the only guy among LeftComs who held onto Lenin to a certain extent.

What the fuck is your problem? That is what LeftComs tend to have in common.

So maybe leftcom is an useless term and we should just stick to libcom which excludes Bordiga?

Nooooooo. Only councilfags and ultras oppose Leninism, and I don't think that any leftcoms oppose social democracy. Perhaps you are confusing social democracy with reformism?

There exists a major tradition of anti-Leninism that stretches all the way from Luxemburg to the Neue-Marx-Lektüre.

Well, think again — it's at the core of LeftCom theory and praxis. Don't go and tell people to "read" when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, you ignorant twat.

These two terms are essentially identical.

the italian left was leninist m'dude

Come on mate. If you had read any Luxemburg other than "Reform or Revolutions" you would know that she was not an "anti-leninist" and was a strong proponent of social democracy, as was Lenin.

No, she wasn't. You're just making this up.

marxists.org/archive/luxemburg/1904/questions-rsd/ch01.htm

You know, there's a reason why Lenin hd his party's name changed from "socdem" to "communist".

oh my god
There is literally nothing to leftcoms but purile arrogance

The absolute fucking state

ITT idiots whining about the meaning of LeftCom instead of actually contributing one single book