Gulf war

who was in the wrong ?

Other urls found in this thread:

meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Glaspie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_uprisings_in_Iraq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

everyone
geopolitical conflicts aren't football games, stop rooting for a team you consider to be a "lesser evil"

What the fuck I hate Rojava now

so much for republican Spain

Kuwait?

spain wasn't geopolitical in this sense.

Everyone. Especially americans

Excuse me what?

It was geography for putting them at the crossroad of Africa, Europe, India, and the rest of Asia. And geology combined with biochemistry that led to massive and easily accessible oil for an energy hungry economy. If Iraq were just some irrelevant Island country in Polynesia, or the Indian ocean, nobody would care about them, beside some tourists and maybe some oceanographers.

All sides tbh.

When have Ba'athists after Nasser ever been good? An utterly failed ideology.

you are consistently the most distinctly annoying shitposter. stop posting.

I'm gonna say everyone.
-No sympathy for the USA because fuck the USA and because I have some faith in the idea that Saddam accidentally got the impression from them that they would do nothing if he invaded Kuwait.
-No sympathy with Saddam here because fuck Saddam so close to the Iran-Iraq war. (I have some sympathy in 2003)
-No sympathy with Kuwait because fuck Arab monarchies in general, even if they're relatively liberal ones.
-Britain probably shouldn't have gotten involved even though this was a massive international coalition because really fuck being America's lapdogs.
At least those are the positions I held 3 years ago when I last gave this topic any thought.

On a tangent the Gulf War was kind of a notable thing from a 90s aesthetic perspective, partially because it set the perspective for the sort of fake interventionist wars we started having after television cameras were invented and could shoot video over satellite live rather than the cool semi-fictional wars we had beforehand. It was also the last war in which much of my favourite military hardware was used, so y'know. That happened. (Unpopular for Tankies, I've also skimmed parts of a report that basically said the Soviets were astounded when they saw just how badly the Iraqis did with their hardware.)

America

Tangy leftcom salt

PURGE KUWAIT SADDAM DID NOTHING WRONG

I wonder how much is due to the Arab regular armies being awful at conventional war in general rather than the hardware. From what I've read on them, it appears that they are riffled with corruption, are uncoordinated from lack of communication between the different units on the ground and commanders, poorly trained and barely maintain their materials in good condition, and a lack of fighting spirit in the soldiers (because honestly, why would you want to die when nobody is apparently in charge, or know what is happening, if you're just there for the pay check).

Well I mean the equipment the Iraqis were using was quite outdated. They were using umodified T-72s and even some older models like T-62s and 55s, whereas the Coalition had shiny new Abrams and Challengers which are significantly more advanced. The Russians at the time would have been able to match them with their more advanced 72s like the 72Bs, T-90s, -T-80s and T-64s. The tanks that the Iraqis were using were also export models which were made with lower quality materials and had more rudimentary electronics. Critically though the Iraqis almost totally lacked air support, since they were flying Vietnam era jets for the most party (MiG-21s mainly). It was coalition air power that created the infamous highways of death. Finally the Iraqi army was quite poorly trained, since the their main procedure during the war with Iran was to just send more recruits into the meat finder.

How was it not??

republican spain was jsut good, not a lesser evil

baudrillard

America as always.

Are Ancom's just trying too kill the left at this point?

My enemas are pretty simple. I am a FFer so I want and need a deep, total cleanout. I want my ass clean for 12 hours if need be.
use a fleet enema bottle. Just my preference. I use the larger size, there is a very small fleet enema that can be used but it requires several more bottles shot up my ass. The larger size 5oz is quicker. I shoot 4 of those up my ass. I then get down on all 4's. I then drop down on my shoulders while keeping my ass high in the air and let that water run deep in my colon. Trust me, this will take practice as you will have the major urge to release it.
For the sake of keeping your bathroom floor clean, STAY NEAR YOUR TOILET! You will have a major urge to release but it will subside if you can hold it. I then stand up and shoot 4 more(another 20oz) of water up me and yes it gets really hard to hold it in but I once again get down on my shoulders, ass up and let that water run deep in my colon.
By that point I am SO FUCKING ready to release. It feels so good to plop down on the toilet and let that eruption go from my ass. I feel like it cleanses my soul!
I gently push all the water out. BUT IN NO WAY AM I FULLY CLEANED OUT YET. The worst has yet to come out and needs to be lured out. That nasty shitty water that if not cleaned out will likely come out while later getting fucked.
Inserting a dildo makes quick work of luring out all of that shitty nastiness. As deep as you can take the dildo will lure out the water faster. Any good bottom at that point should be inserting a dildo, just for hole prep for fucking. It is a good way to open up your hole anyway, to get it ready for a good hard cock pounding.
But it also serves the purpose of luring out that final shitty water. IMO I can't get that dirty water out unless I insert a dildo for a few minutes. While I insert the dildo, I hold it in and brush my teeth, shave etc and get ready for the shower. I leave the dildo in for at least 10 minutes while brushing teeth etc. I pull it out and out comes the remaining dirty water. One more quick fleet bottle to rinse and into the shower I go.
It takes me 10 minutes to enema and push it out. Another 10 minutes or so of dildoing to get the water out while prepping, shaving etc.
I can be fully enemad, showered and out the door in under an hour and be 100% confident of my hole being clean for up to 12 hours after the enema.

Also they didn't have a lot of ammunition, they were firing training rounds from their tanks

everyone except me

They also have this culture of information hoarding leading to officers/NCOs purposely not passing information/training down to their subordinates so that they're the only authority on it: meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

True:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Glaspie

But perhaps the most loathsome chapter of the war was when the US openly urged Iraqis to rebel against Saddam, encouraged the flower of such rebellion to fully expose and extend itself on assurances of coalition support, then withdrew almost completely from the country, allowing Saddam to butcher every prominent dissident in Iraq. Both the practical loss of manpower/organization, and the purely psychological distrust toward the US caused by this massive betrayal, utterly doomed the later 2003 occupation, and the post-Saddam future of Iraq with it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_uprisings_in_Iraq