Gotta keep kicking the proles

Live TV
Chicago's new requirement for high school students: No plan, no diploma

google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/07/08/us/chicago-high-school-graduation-requirement/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

denverpost.com/2017/07/03/chicago-high-school-graduates-future-plan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

got a non-turbopozzed link, OP?

Sorry was in a hurry.

denverpost.com/2017/07/03/chicago-high-school-graduates-future-plan/

Really makes you think

archive.is/uZ0M4

What the fuck.

Cyberpunk dystopia confirmed, yet again.

Whats the matter, Chicago is run by democrats :)

wewlad

Hopefully Rahm goes to "BASEBALL PRACTICE" real fucking soon

And this is even worse because military service in america guarantees that you will be fighting in one of our many endless wars.

Maybe if they did this throughout the country we'd have revolution in a decade at least.

Jesus fucking christ, so they are dropping the pretense of education being anything other than state mandated job training and engaging the capital-Darwinism right at school.

So, on what horrible war are these people going to suffer and die?
Since it's a little too late for Korea, I say it will be Iran.

Secondary education has always been about indoctrination first and job training second. Thus why so much effort is spent on bullshit like teaching kids "history" and making sure that they read the appropriate bourgeois books.

We are going to go full starship troopers and only citizens who join the military will be allowed to vote

inb4 this policy is adopted worldwide.
inb4 world peace within a generation.

Reminder that the book was pro-fashie while the movie is 50% satire 50% hollywood FX spectacle. Ironically most right-wingers I know love the movie.

Verhoeven is always 100% satire

It's going to be the most efficient and technocratic caste system you've ever seen. It'll be great.

The movie just left me confused, it seems like it couldn't make it's mind up whether it wanted to be a fun action romp or a hard hitting satire.

I dont know man, if the earth was being attacked by giant bug creatures maybe we would have to become fascists

The book seems more complicated.

Also, I would hope that this bullshit won't stand up in court, but what do I know.

watch it again

it's too bad Travisposting is kill, otherwise that would be prime materail for it

I know everyone says it's a criticism of fascism but honestly I'm not sure that comes across, the movie just seemed mean-spirited more than anything

That's what i mean by "50%". It still had to be a fun movie at the end of the day to even get made. Also the sequels are absolute dogshit and cut out all satire from what I've heard.

True. But I guess I meant fun in like the third person because I just found it dismal like I say. Oh well. A movie about The Forever War would be better.

Also the alien bugs were actually just defending themselves and the asteroids were either allowed to hit earth (think FDR and pearl harbor) or were orchestrated as an excuse to get the war on with massive support.
Remember NPH at the end of the movie saying how the queen was afraid?

it's a critique of gung ho militarism, of action movies and a mockery of the source material

Suuuuure I mean you can take that interpretation from it but I don't think it's implicit, this is why I feel like the movie is kind of a mess, because the movie itself doesn't imply that the asteroid wasn't sent by the bugs. I guess you can argue it's good to have a movie where you have to read between the lines but you can interpret any movie any way you want if you say that characters in the movie were lying when that's not really implied.

Then again, it mentions the settler colonialism right from the start so maybe I should be a bit more generous.

Dude the concept of this super advanced society somehow being at the mercy of bugs throwing rocks through lightyears of space is purposely ludicrous. As is the bugs' intergalactic rock throwing ability to begin with. This is meant to be supremely obvious to an objective observer but completely invisible to the young people whose family's were just blown up by an asteroid.

Again, NPH's line at the end of the movie is supposed to be the punchline that confirms who the real aggressors of the movie have been the whole time.

this always baffled me because Heinlein was kinda libertarian
guess taxes are good when they go to the military-industrial complex

Seeing as how the bugs live a huge distance away, they would have to have launched the asteroid before human civilization even existed. Not to mention how are the bugs, which are basically wild animals, able to hit earth with such precision? Also with the advanced technology humanity had they would have detected it for sure. The asteroid was obviously a false flag attack to justify war on the bugs.

Juchenigger is a fucking fascist

The book is really interesting in how to delves into militaristic/authoritarian thinking and how it makes it attractive. If you didn't know specifically why the arguments are fallacious you could easily believe them. I think Heinlein was just a guy with a lot of ideas, and didn't necessarily believe one over the other. Starship Troopers is about the romanticism of militarism and strength, and how an iron fist is necessary to properly form people and keep society stable and peaceful. It's only Fascist in that sense, it doesn't really advocate for racism, nationalism, or constant war. It's definitely a good book to kinda see how reactionaries think.

I don't know dude…

Guy wrote a book about a human raised by martians that unlocks Special Powers and uses them to create a new government with his buddies, one of which is an elderly man who sugar daddies dozens of young girls without even having sex with them.

kys

He also wrote a book about a man who lived thousands of years making himself the grandfather of billions of people who then decides to clone two female versions of himself who he has sex with when their like 13…

kek, what in the actual fuck
I've only read the Moon is a harsh mistress and Troopers

this is the undying libertarian meme.

also a book about people on the moon going on strike. pic related is their flag.

I like that part where he writes about revolutionary tactics, bolsheviks and Lenin

A militaristic, authoritarian world state with public lashing and hangings doesn't really conflate with "minimal government as possible". Like I said, he didn't believe everything he wrote.