What is leftypol stance on tipping?

What is leftypol stance on tipping?
If you tip, do you feel like you're giving way for capitalism? It's sad to see leftists get sucked into the venomous tipping culture that's propagated by businesses that don't treat their workforce right.

Practically nonexistant outside of the US.

This, I normally do it to get rid of meaningless change: because due to general inflation pennies and shit are useless.

Fake as fuck.
It's widespread in Europe though not to the maniacal degree were food will be ruined unless the workers receive tip. In poorer EE states the workers are pretty bitchy about it however.

im a dumb burger so idk about other countries, but if you don't tip in the US, you are an ASSHOLE. The minimum wage is way lower for tipped jobs and they need those tips just to live.

so what is tipping actually?
you pay for what exactly?

Tipping is aids.

Here in the netherlands you will get like a buck or two if the service was exceptional.

The capitalist pigs dont pay their waiters a livable wage so they have to get tips in order to eat and pay rent.

Employer has to pay up to min wage if the employees tips don't reach that level. I still tip a lot because I don't care about money and I hope to give someone else some enjoyment from it.

huh, where I live capitalists don't pay people a living wage so people steal from work

Enjoy spit in your food.

Stop thinking the world is like america.
Waiters get more than minimum wage, and I only go to small bussiness places where the owner is also the waiter.

THIS. Never seen it in Germany and it's not done in Australia either. It is super-weird and yank "progressives" should work to raise the wage & get it banned. For burgers who don't get what's weird about it: Just think of introducing tipping in all those jobs that don't have it.
cop: There is a gas station there, just go down the road and turn right.
you: Thanks. And thanks for not shooting me! *give him fiver*

Do you tip when shopping, too? Tip your dentist? Ridiculous.

Yes, I do. You don't? This is startling

can't tell if ironic with you burgers…

we have living wages here, burger

Usually for doctors you dress it up by getting them a bottle of wine or a gift card but yes we do tip them.

In a bar or a restaurant of course I tip! Pretty much everyone I know does.

I guess the tips are lower overall than in the US, but actually they are meant to be a friendly bonus, not something the receiver of the tips needs to survive. The employer needs to pay to employee well, tipping is bonus.

what is a gift card?

also
holy fuck USA this is some savagery

They're like plastic cards you load money on but you can only spend it at the designated outlet.

Wait, so you go to the doctor and tip him? You gotta be kidding. Here a doctor certainly doesnt need tips, they'd be pissed if I tried.

Tipping isn't required for any service but you bet your biscuits that you'll get a dirty look from the nurses if they hear you don't tip.

Except for the companies that just subtract tips from what they pay the worker. Then all you're doing with a tip is letting the capitalists slack off paying the workers even more. And if you don't tip in that scenario, they still get you because the workers' performance reviews are based on tips, so neglecting to tip adversely affects the employee who served you.

Honestly, if revolution ever hits the US the revenge that workers take on these pieces of shit will make the Khmer Rouge look like Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

That guy is weird. We don't usually tip doctors. It's usually food or barbers that get tips. The mentality is that they both have chunks of their wages taken out for arbitrary reasons. Lower waiting wage or having to pay to rent a chair at a barbershop. I do it because I'm helping the person. A revolution won't start from me refusing to tip

lmao eurocucks, shake off that post-soviet mentality already.

Well, it's all cultural, I'd feel weird not giving a tip in a restaurant.
But if I'd try to tip nurses I'd sure as hell would be at like a weirdo.. Then again when i happen to land there for some days i bring some pralines after. But tipping of money to people from healthcare?

They'd be pissed over here, seriously.

Americans don't tip doctors. Ignore that idiot. If a surgeon does a 12-hour surgery to save your life you might feel obligated to buy them a gift but unless you're rich that's not going to happen because your fucking bill will bankrupt you.

This sounds slightly more realistic tbh. :D

Dude, healthcare costs are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US.

In Hungary people give "gratitude money" for doctors but it's illegal.

I'm european and the only person I tip is my barber. Like give 10€ for an 8€ haircut and it's more of a "thanks for not half-assing it and taking your time".

is self service an alien concept to you?
I've only seen waiters in those fancy hip coffee shops, and prices there are just plain ridiculous, a cup of coffee costs like a fucking bowl of soup

this is really rustles my jimmies
I would feel uncomfortable as fuck
"here take these 50 tenge for your nice work"
I just can imagine the look he would give me like I'm some pretentious fag trying to act all condescending

There's not tipping custom in my country because most waiters are not being starved by their employers. Fuck I'd say it's not even frowned upon here to be a waiter for a lot of time. It's just a job.

I'm not saying NOBODY ever tips, but nobody really expects it.

Some people do tip delivery guys, though, especially if they live in weird-ass remote places or if they make them go upstairs instead of coming down themselves. I had that job once and I turned down a tip, that's how much I don't like the idea of tipping. I still think it's retarded, but nowadays I would def get it.

tipping is not really a thing in Australia. you sometimes get tip jars at pubs and coffee shops where you dispose your excess coins but charity jars are more common.

A far I understand this in the US waiters get next to zero money from the employers so they basically live off the tips.

I'd still say in most european places i know people tip at restaurants.Then again, there are cultural differences, ofc.

Please some other amerifat confirm this guy isn't trolling.

American*.
He is trolling, doctors get paid a shit ton.