Code Geass

Was Suzaku socdem? Did Lelouch start as an edgy anarchist for personal reasons and gradually became an accelerationist revolutionary?

Suzaku was a reformist and Lelouch a revolutionary, their entire conflict revolved on this. As for their concrete ideologies, I don't remember them being mentioned.

Nah Suzaku is a liberal: he didn't want to abolish the system, just see it reformed. As for Lelouch, he is more akin to a national liberationist realising that he needs to lead global proletarian liberation.

Apart from that, the thinly-veiled criticism of US imperialism in the series was delicious.

Lelouch was never about national liberation, he only used the japanese resistance movement as a vehicle for his own revenge plot against his family.
part of his character development in Season one was actually caring about the revolution and realizing the consequences of revenge.
he also did literally nothing wrong.

Tbh it attacks the base ideas of elitism too: that people are inherently born in better shape.

#LuphieDeservedIt

Wait, was this series supposed to have a bunch of political undertones? I didn't understand what was going on most of the time.

Suzaku pretends to be a reformist but if you analyse his actions closely he's both a self-hating and self-righteous liberal who acts to have the moral high ground, which ironically makes him do horrible things and become the Traitor Knight, arguably as bad or worse than Lelouch because at least Lelouch never lost sight of his goals while Suzaku just did the "correct" thing.

Suzaku is a fucking cuck and Lelouch went from edgelord to comrade

Britannia's social darwinism and the Emperor's speech against democracy and communism are basically Holla Forums

they kinda ruined the show when The Emperor's master plan turned out to be Evangelion 2.0.
It's still one of my favorite anime but having Charles be a generic anime baddie instead of a straight up imperialist undermined the politics of the show imo.

Suzaku was a liberal reformist, Lelouch was a blanquist revolutionary.

The shift to the unification of the world stuff and the conflict of action from above and below is quite good though.

Is this anime worth my time? It always looked like pretentious weeb shit

there are some really good anime. What movies/tv shows/books/games are you into?

Yes, tbh I prefer the dubbed version but yeah.

oops I didn't see the "this" apologies user

It's actually refreshing how Code Geass doesn't take itself as seriously at times.

/a/ calls it a trainwreck because there's a plot twist every episode.
You'll either love it or hate it depending on how seriously you take it.

Choose one and only one.