What arguments can I make against people who claim that authoritarianism is the best method of governance?

What arguments can I make against people who claim that authoritarianism is the best method of governance?

Leftist ones or non-leftist ones?

LARP as a tankie

Ask them why leaving a few idiots in charge would be better than leaving all the idiots in charge.

Or just tell them to look at all the corruption and nepotism that inevitably follows.

Ask them why ever revolution started with setting up workers' councils and inevitably failed when these were suppressed.

"Authoritarianism" isn't a "method of governance," it's a potential of all forms of the state when under threat. Moreover it's a property of processes and conditions themselves (a revolution is inherently one of the most authoritarian things there is, factory lines are inherently authoritarian).

Amazing how the USA has managed to stay capitalist even though it isn't "authoritarian" 99% of the time to most of its subjects. It's almost as if the real understanding of authority is that you are free to critique or even to sabotage, vandalize, and attack the American society so long as the state understands it is under no threat. Otherwise, we're killing Fred Hampton.

lmao, yes, we all remember how the USSR failed immediately after suppressing worker's councils.

It failed being anything other than a primitive capitalist shithole.

Please just tell us what your retarded ideology is so we can ignore you.

Marxism

Authoritarianism IS the best method of governance. The -major- difficulty if consistently finding decent people to put at the helm and managing to replenish their ranks over time. Short of an AI you'd need people with some sort of warrior monk mentality. Even then it's unlikely to stand the test of time. Even the janissaries ended up corrupt after a few centuries of being incredibly effective and dedicated civil servants. Same with the Templars, Hospitaliers, Teutonic knights…

lmao you are not a Marxist in the slightest. Please kill yourself.

Its past 4:30 pacific time on the west coast, all the an-comms living in Roseville Read, the "There may be a Bentley in the driveway, but i am a real communist and totally understand what its truly like living in a portion of the world where both the government and the businesses oppress you" capital of the Shit-stain state have just been told to go to bed by their lawyer parents. you are not going to get a serious response until 7, when their parents head off to work and they sneak back on for another hour before their Redbull wears off.

I've been browsing on Holla Forums for a while now, so when to just keep the bulk of my opinions to myself.

if this thread actually turns out to be decent and not just a tanky LARP circlejerk about gulags, i might join in and actually put my 2 cents in

You can't because you'd be wrong.

Why does everyone in this thread seem to think authoritarian rule means a one-man dictatorship of some sorts? Democracy and authoritarianism are perfectly compatible.

Amazing, please grace us with your opinions.

Its past 4:30 pacific time on the west coast, all the an-comms living in Roseville have just been told to go to bed by their lawyer parents. you are not going to get a serious response until 7, when their parents head off to work and they sneak back on for another hour before their Redbull wears off.

7 O'clock motherfuckers

I was right again, but at least you had the presence of mind to remove your flags lest your embarrassment seep thru your posts like semen from your gapped anuses.

Call them bootlicking cucks who feel the need to be dominated by daddy.

Dude wtf are you talking about? Why would AnCom kids be going to bed at 4:30am?

Only Stalinist and a few MLs defend the USSR you tribalist subhuman LARPer, it was criticized to hell and back by everyone who wasn't.