Will programming be a useful skill in a communist society?

Will programming be a useful skill in a communist society?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_algorithm
redprl.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Programming will be essential to an ML society since we will need the most advanced and efficient algorithms to make central planning decisions in real time using state of the art super computers.

"computer says no"

Things will work so fast, people won't even have time to call them super computers. They'll be called superputers.

There will still be computer, so people to program them will be a nessecity.

What's with all this hostility towards central planning?

Of course. Anyone who can't declare a factorial function in Haskell will go to gulag.

Way to go full Utopianism

Please, tell me which languages are based on pure dialectically-oriented programming, I genuinely want to know.
Don't tell me C++ is one of them

Because it's inflexible. If something happens outside the algorithm, outside the planning and predictions, you're back to square fucking one. Instead, devolve the system into a soviet system. Each place having its own planning means if factory A fucks up then factories B and C are fine.

But if it's central, and there's a fuckup then the whole economy grinds to a halt.

Imagine working for a gigantic corporation.
Now imagine the gigantic corporation is running everything.
You cannot quit your job unless you want to die, because the gigantic corporation owns everything.
That's central planning.

At least the market economy has a way, even if it's not optimal, to get rid of corporations and other entities.

because i don't like being ruled by an algorithm

You need some kind of "death" in the ecosystem in order for it to work, so you'd be recreating the market economy.

Algorithms cannot self adapt. Not right now, anyway. You'd need it to be fawned over by programmers making it hopelessly bloated to cover everything.
Then it's not central planning anymore is it?

Also,

It's still central planning because a central entity produces recommendations rather than having multiple bureaucratic entities fucking everything up by trying to compete with one another..

Why do these dumb threads keep being made?
Of course programming will be useful…

The planning aspect is far more important than the "central". It's still "central" in the sense that it is one system that manages it.

It could as well be decentralized, or more realistically, polycentric.

Your brain is an implementation of an algorithm, as are the brains of all the other humans who could conceivably rule you.

How do you think that we will achieve fully automated luxury communism? If we don't fuck up the planet first, of course.

semi related question.
is 0ch alphabet soup?

Depends, if the revolutionaries didn't fuck everything up then yes it will be.

AYAYA!

But that's Capitalism anyways

The Market is just some grand fucking nothing that decides who has and who has not

That's what I don't get. Has none of the anons pushin gthis cybernetics bullshit read Lukács?

These threads man. Of course user! What, are we going to do? Break all the computers? Any other questions you want answered?

I'm just curious. I'm deciding if I should pick up programming as a hobby and then hopefully segue it into a job. Don't know what language to pick.

Maybe you should ask this on a programming board. I recommend lainchan.jp/λ/

javascript, or python.

t. never read cybernetics thread
The main point of the computers is to do e-democracy by letting us scale direct democracy/voting to a national scale, not for some superintelligent stalinist AI to rule over us

No

You could already do that you don't need cybernetics for that.

Of course programming will be useful, it's necessary for spying on the people to search and destroy counter-revolutionaries and censor CIA propaganda

Of course.

Well, you do need computers for e-democracy actually, plus computer networks, so whats the problem.

He said hes learning them to get a job, and most jobs are web dev nowdays.

How else will be build unmanned probes?

Then he should go to college, he won't get a job through self-study unless he's been programming since he was a kid or has connections.

Well if you nuked google or wall street, the capitalist economy would grind to halt too. If anything happened to the american government, society would go through a chaotic period. Anyway there would be backups and backup systems to ensure that doesn't happen just like teh google.
You can't conflate POLITICAL centralization with COMPUTATIONAL centralization, one is about the distribution of power in society the other is a software engineering implementation detail, the end user should never have to know whether their program is centralized or decentralized just like you dont have to have any idea about the configuration of googles server farms.This point really flies over peoples heads, don't confuse political science with computer science. Also 'algorithms can't adapt'? wtf a five minute google search gives you:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_algorithm
So what? farmers fawn over their farm, engineers at boeing fawn over their planes, mechanics fawn over their cars, politicians fawn over their bills, yeah sure programmers, planners, and analysts would play a role in the planning bureau, however it would be a lot smaller than the old school GOSPLAN because most of the heavy lifting would be done by computers. So even for a country of hundreds pf millions of people it would have no more people than a modern tech company or wall street firm.

Wasn't Cybersyn decentralized?

Yes?

Programming and engineering are essential to making machines that automate society and make everything easier and more efficient.

here: redprl.org only memeing dialectics though

Of course, how else are we gonna make our glorious fapworthy central planning algorithms?

This. Computer algorithms and AI are wasted on the capitalists honestly.

No.
The only useful skills will be farming, cooking, cleaning, cloth making, masonry, plumbing and teaching.
You literally don't need anything else for a functioning society and any profession not listed above just leads to alienation.

It's amazing how much effort gets wasted on advertising algorithms.

Yes. Programming is communism.

lenin doesn't look very happy about that

Thats because pc-in-monitor combinations are bourgeois.

nm i didnt look well enough