Lads, the new English Stirner translation has been uploaded online

Lads, the new English Stirner translation has been uploaded online.
archive.org/details/MaxStirnerTheUniqueAndItsProperty

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
archive.org/details/the_ego_and_his_own_1111_librivox/theegoandhisown_16_stirner.mp3
plato.stanford.edu/entries/max-stirner/#2
youtube.com/watch?v=B3OjfK0t1XM
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/stirner-the-wise-guy
b-ok.org/book/2821254/ed54b7
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=5FC3E53741EF1781C553AB24CB4A7BEA
littleblackcart.com/books/anarchy/the-unique-and-its-property/
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=9A3448A7C604BF2CB0CE489296DA0AE6
stackoverflow.com/questions/3488042/how-can-i-extract-embedded-fonts-from-a-pdf-as-valid-font-files#3489099
twitter.com/Ole_Bonsey
theuniqueanditsproperty.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1TQ6Xe1yr4E
justgetflux.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fteHV2D1RSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YEAH MY PROPERTY

insta-clicked on this!

have been waiting for this for quite some time.

=when the new mixtape drops

Nice. Is it any good? How does it compare with previous versions?

Finally!

This thread needs more bling

Have you guys read the introduction text of Stirner the Wise guy yet?

The Ego and how Own its whole intention was to shitpost the hegelians in the first place. If Max Stirner existed today he would be shitposting.

Fuck yes today is a good day.

celebrate and post rare stirns

Yeah, that section convinced me to actually just get the book. I don't like to read digital, and it'll be fun to read in the breakroom.

In respect of Stirner we need to increase shitposting by tenfold.

Yeah, the introduction is definitely worth a read for all Stirner enthusiasts.

Almost every scholar of Stirner, whether self-taught or university-
trained, insists on referring to the author of The Unique… as a
philosopher. I can’t recall Stirner ever referring to himself as such,
and certainly, by the time he wrote his book, he had concluded
that philosophy was a joke that its purveyors took far too seriously,
buffoonery deserving only laughter. And to call the mocker of
philosophy a philosopher is as absurd as calling the impious atheist 7
a theologian.

FUCK YEAH!

been waiting for this. OP was awesome today.

nice

useless

Shitposters of the world, UNITE!

Spooks are now phantasms. Sad reacts only.

Stirner and Marx should have been buddies. Marx was just too asspained that Stirner made good points and Stirner was too busy jerking himself off.

Wonderful!

I have the older versioon.
Is it worth re-reading for this?

It's worth rereading anyway

Holy shit what the fuck is this

Good job with for posting a ruined meme, closet platonist.

This, Saint Max is a hilariously massive nitpicking of The Unique as a dialectical project. Marx was rused.

omg that webm

this got me on the floor

Here's the paper referred to in the first footnote; for more background on Stirner.

Get spooked nerd ahahahaha

this is my new favorite webm

God damn post-leftists are fucking cringe.

My body is ready.

Pretty Nice

Easily my favorite book. Especially from Ownness forwards.

It's easier to read than the first translation. Good.
Too bad there are no audio books of this yet through. But they're not hard to make anyway…

Most people that are already atheists & know the basic points of Stirner should read from the Ownness forwards if they want to save time. The most interesting parts are when he talks about the Union of Egoists.

cool, i love cucking

t. leftist user of lefty/pol/

reminder

My fucking sides

Ok I'm reading my favorite parts right now WITH an audo book of the original translation.
AND I can tell that.

The new translation is faster BUT the first one is more specific overall.

The new version makes less usage of the word "man" & instead t uses more "human being" it is more specific in that way. But overall I would say the first translation is better so far… Since this one removed some minor filler things, it is better for the newbie that just want to understand fast whats up. For sure through.

bookmarked and dled, you sir are my comrade

The translation prefers to say "phantasm" more than "SPOOK"

This shit triggers me & it's not fun. FUCK the new translation.

How do you do, fellow user? I do have on good authority that the portrait you display contains Stirner's bona fide likeness.

OP is my comrade.

Okay, I think I'll read it.

Tell me, fellas: What am I in for? Is it okay as bed-time reading?

depends if you like ghost stories.

**I made that pic in response to one where a supposed communist manages to kick Stirner.
Post your tits on the way out, Tina.**

Some nigger broke the spoilers, enjoy something from the booru that you 12-year-olds/bots won't be bother to find.

You will not survive.

Egoists unite!!

A shit ton of Atheism, a shit ton of anti-statism, a shit ton of Anarchy, a shit ton of individuality.

If you're already Atheist flick through the fist half of the book fast as fuck since these are things you already know, don't worry.

Go straight for the political shit. Always keep in mind he wrote this in the 1800s as well the century after many revolutions happened or where happening. People where sick as fuck of Monachies, Empires…

But only little did they knew they created similar shit again only with a new brand name. Stirner & the other Young Hegelians exposed that.
I'll highly recommed to you that you go fast through the shit you already know, save your time BUT pay extra attention on the shit you don't know since when Stirner shits on something he shits on it hard, it makes the spook look absolutely retarded & silly. He is a good author.

also it's obvious that Nietzche got a lot of his philosophy from Stirner..

The only fucking thing I don't like about this new translation is that he prefers to use "PHANTASM" instead of the "SPOOK" we all know & love.

Would that make this The Max of the Phantasm? xD

Wow. Thank you so much. I'm gonna start on it today because of this.

Please jump off a cliff for the sake of this board.

Thanks.

4 me

Egoists: Unionize!

Nico is how I imagine most egoists would act IRL.

That's it I'm going to read the Stirner!

The Liberalism Max Stirner talks has little to do with modern Neo-Liberalism. When he uses Liberalism he refers to this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

not to American bullshit which is based more on corporations, who knows how he would react to the modern systems lmao probably with even more rage. You'll see, you're not retarded.

Phantasm = spook. always remind yourself that, it will make the book more fun for you, don't forget.

Here is the audio book of the first translation if you're interested in seeing what changed (very little changed just some words here & there).

archive.org/details/the_ego_and_his_own_1111_librivox/theegoandhisown_16_stirner.mp3

The first narrator is pretty good. Later on you get some British kids that sound like absolute shit & it's not worth it anymore.

and stop browsing Holla Forums while you read. close it.
it's a MAJOR distraction from what is more important.

By the way do this don't kill your eyes with all the white light.

Download Acrobat Reader from Adobe it's free.
Black background, Dark (any color you like) I chose green. yw.

and that cover looks like the dark sigil

Why?

not that user but thanks for the for the tip.

Adobe is no free, it's gratis.

np man enjoy reading, always close the distractions of the internet. never interrupt your reading seriously it hold you back… hard. fucking sucks.

no wonder why so many losers dwell in the internet wasting their lives distracted. it's hard to stay focused.

Under the dominion of a cruel master my body is not “free” from Pleasure and Teasing; but it is my mouth that moan under the spanking, my fibres that quiver under the blows, and I moan because my body moans. That I sigh and shiver proves that I have not yet lost myself, that I am still my own. My ass is not “free” from the master’s stick, but it is my butt and is inseparable.

that's hot

Gay

I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while, thanks comrade.

Do you know that is a tradition for a philopher to critic philosophy ?

He has a section where he talks about love, protectors, guardians & why it's not related to the master/slavery hierarchy you see all the time in modernity.

any progress you guys have done reading?
anything you learned?

I'm reading Debord for the book club atm, will read this next though

That wikipedia page is cancer.

Liberalism back then simply meant support for liberal freedoms like freedom of the press, freedom of religion and so on.

It talks about Liberalism exactly as you say in the sections of Philosophy, Major themes, classical and modern, History and the first Entry in gives a general idea (excluding the Capitalist bullshit talking about markets since that obviously happened later on allowing for even more hierarchy).

Another good reference for reading the book: plato.stanford.edu/entries/max-stirner/#2

Any progress reading?

¿¿¿¿¿??????

yeah got taken down on archive.org, just download from OP

In which chapter Stirner talks about the Union of Egoists?

Niiiicccceee

That looks like Jimmy Dore cosplaying as le spook man

"Stirner the wise guy" ?
Linku pleaseu.

Slightly disappointed that he translated "spooks" into "phhantasms", but otherwise it seems like a quality translation.
Also "ego" in my captcha wew

2.2.2. My Intercourse

It's the foreword.

The critizism of Stirner towards Capitalism & Communism is legit good.
It's possible to make some things of "Communism" work with an Union of Egoists. It's true that Communist put the "people", "mankind", "humanity", "the worker" on a sacred pedestal. That would be their spook.

But waged labor, bossing around, etc. Is Impossible on an Union of Egoists since its a game of Subordinates & Masters. Capitalists are first to be killed off around Egoists lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=B3OjfK0t1XM

What have you guys learned so far?

Nothing. Everything.

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/stirner-the-wise-guy

That's the same guy

Thats why they are all mentioned.

bump.
Have you guys been reading?

Screenshot from one of his videos (yes, the "spook" thing was in the original), so you can compare between Dore and Max.

The link is dead, anyone got an alternative?

Download the PDF from OP.

spook is slang for a spy, especially CIA, not really a leftypol meme.

oh. still funny though.

we understand spook as ideology, social construct, etc.

Awwww, I liked "Spook" and "Ragamuffin". "Nice Phastasms Faggot" maybe? Idk.

("Nice Spuks nerd" in the original)

pics related

Yeah man I honestly prefer the older version, it's not very different either. I'm 60 pages left in this new version.

& I was reading along with the audio book of "The Ego and It's Own". It's not very different. Almost nothing noticeable. I actually prefer "The Ego and It's Own".

Phantasm doesn't convey haunting any more than spook to me.

Fukken saved

Man I want to have SEX with Stirner.

bump

fuck you no we dont.
The idea of "spooks" is not simply something that "isnt real" its more specific than that, and we should not forget the distinction, lest we see more vulgar egoism which gives us a bad name.

The framing in terms of self-interest is important to developing an egoist understanding of things: a spook is a concept which we hold to have more power than it really does - we put ideas that are spooks over our own self. A spook is a concept which "owns" the individual instead of the other way round. The "ideal" of egoism is for the individual to take ownership of concepts themselves - to discard or utilise ideas as they see fit, mere rejection of social constructs is not a proper expression of egoism.

Phantasm is way better. It's more physicalistic (a fantasy is controlling you, not a fucking supernatural entity). Spook also has a lot of different meanings which is just confusing.

The only thing that's a bit annoying is that we now have to remake 90% of our Stirner meme stash ;_;

i want to buy a printed version of this. which version do you recommend guys?

The latest one. Wolfi also re-contextualized a lot of left-Hegelian banter that Tucker and the following academic translation-updates simply didn't understand.

thanks, but is a bit expensive. What the quality like on cheaper ones by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform and perfect library? is it worth to save up?

I torrent all my media so I can't help you there.

Spook is more fun though. It has two o's (like doom or poop), it can be turned into an adjective (spooky vs phantasmic?), it's easy to spell, it's already used in memes like spooky skeletons, etc.

Yeah well unhinging the human intellect of it's chains and transcending further isn't chiefly based in humor, is it?

And at least I can't wait to use "phantasmagoria" in a philosophical / socio-political sentence.

The intro is pretty funny

Does this include "reason" itself? Could a concept or idea you hold to please you be demonstrated to be fallacious or inconsistent through reason, and therefore encourage you to abandon it? Or does the egoist simply say they don't care, because they hold concepts and ideas that they enjoy, rather than ones that are validated by reason?

anything you're able to get is yours

If being reasonable holds power over you then fuck reason.

The translation available on anarchistlib is not very good.

How am I supposed to deal with this? Should I even give it a read? Or is it a subconscious furbait?

???

I mean author of translation, not Max.

He's not a furry just a silly greenie

source?

Wolfi used to be more an an anprim back when he called himself Feral Faun

Who cares? Stirner is shite.

how does that make him a furry?

You seem to be really spoooked, do I need to explain how?

He is so green, the line pretty much blurs. Animal liberation and all that jazz.

it doesn't. user just assumed Wolfi was a furry based on his new name.

Alternative links since the archive.org one is down.
b-ok.org/book/2821254/ed54b7
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=5FC3E53741EF1781C553AB24CB4A7BEA
buy here: littleblackcart.com/books/anarchy/the-unique-and-its-property/

Reminder to check out the introduction to Wolfi's Stirner's Critics by Jason McQuinn. It's 45 pages of context to Stirner and the topics he broadly covers.

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=9A3448A7C604BF2CB0CE489296DA0AE6

Anyone knows what's the font used for the text itself?

Thank you.

Does anyone have this version in epub format?

whats that

You could convert the PDF, but PDF>EPUB always results in a trainwreck with me. Better ask whomever is the source of the PDF, assuming this is public domain.

ITT:

just download acrobat reader whats wrong with it?
you can read pdf on your phone too.

epubs are much nicer to read on ebook readers

The link went down. I can try to convert it to epub if you want

with Bookviser yes otherwise it's almost the same tbh…
whatever pretty sure you can convert it but like the other guy said it makes a "mess". blablabla

do it man. the more people read in this board the better. leftypol without books might as well just be pol.

I'm not sure what Bookviser is. I'm not talking about phones, but ebook readers, with the eink screens. They usually play nicer with epub than PDF because with epubs it's much easier to reflow the text to fit the screen.

Well fuck, I've tried converting it to epub but parts of the text are messed up. Remove pdf from the filename if you want to try it

e-paper pdf readers are kind of shit at displaying pdfs, they can't break pages into screenfulls that way, and having to scroll left and right all the time is annoying. plain txt is better than pdfs, actually.

I meant *ebook readers, obviously

I thought stirner was english wtf

How though? He was German.

Here, a more accurate version.

He is spacial.

pls respond

stackoverflow.com/questions/3488042/how-can-i-extract-embedded-fonts-from-a-pdf-as-valid-font-files#3489099

I think that's actually very good and may help stray away from the memes and bring more discussion

Doesn't makes a difference tbh.

It does.

If phantasm is started to be used I seriously believe it will make a difference. The biggest problem whenever Stirner is brought up is the fact that everyone just starts shouting "spook"

that there is a spook

Oh please user, with that attitude Stirner could have just refrained from writing a book and just kept laughing in the faces of his contemporaries.

Thanks user, you're definitely not my property.

and I finished reading this edition. It's almost all the same. So it's still a great book, would recommend it to anyone.

I prefer the first translation through due to the word "spooks" it's more enjoyable.

bump because it's a good book overall

rude sage because wolfi is a fascist

somebody better epub this shit

bump

Heard someone say this on twitter, what's the story with this

I don't believe that bullshit
but
tbh who gives a fuck of what he currently is. By the time he translated this book he wasn't a retard and thats what matters.

twitter.com/Ole_Bonsey
Scroll down for the full? story.

I always liked the word phantasm though.

He is cool enough. Whatever he "is" now, probably seems like he is still an egoist tbqh.

I can tell the new translation was well done, it translated it pretty much the same as the first translator did. I was reading this while listening to an audio book of the first translation, the differences are only in some word plays to be more specific to the general public.
In some other things he is more vague through.

I prefer the first translation better honestly but this new one ain't bad, since it's not that different at all.

What is up with all these stupid slapfights and slanderous accusations? Twitter is cancer.

Use whatever word you like, everyone here will get it. I like to have fun with it too.

Social media was a particularly big mistake.

no

read Debord

no. I'm reading "The False Principle of our Education" and then I'm going to "Art and Religion".

These are the only books Johann Caspar Schmidt has made that I have not read.

last bumps to counter spam 8/11

If I provide a bump to this thread, does it belong to me or the OP?

to you

Is this the Sunn O🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 collab with Stirner?

to anyone who has some use of it

Femanon here, if was to make an audio book would y'all listen? Not just for attention, curious if it would be a waste of time and y'all would shitpost me to oblivion

Yeah, why not? Give it a shot.

Hows your voice? Is it smooth and relaxing? Did any audiobook before?

Record the "I Have Based My Affair on Nothing" part first and post it here.

I'll do it chapter based. Suggestions on hosting?
Gives me something to do

I'd say my voice has many layers much like a smooth spicy onion

>theuniqueanditsproperty.com/
How many fucking layers of shitposting is this man on?

Do that and post it here and see what folk think of it.

Will do so. Check in a few hours, I'll post in segments but first ones should be up soon. Thanks guys.

Yes. But it's going to be of this new translation right? since there is none yet. Upload them to Libervox. They rock.

archive.org maybe?

Just realized there is no Stirner's Crtics audiobook. And the book is short start there…

bump for audiobook

bump

bump

I need to buy the physical copy. Hate reading on computer screen.

Why not print it? If it's cheaper print it.

also I find it easier to read on PC like this

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=1TQ6Xe1yr4E - Wolfi Landstreicher Feral Faun talks with Void Network/Κενό Δίκτυο

Wolfi seems like a pretty cool guy.

Just do the egoist thing and shoplift my property.

This software also helps a bit, especially if you read a lot at night.
justgetflux.com/

bump

Im curiouse what Wolfi looks like

What does Stirner mean by this? (he is talking in 3rd Person too since this is "Stirner's Critics", not the Ego & It's Own, etc).

If Stirner is talking about what I think. Then the dude is way too WOKE af for his time period.
He was also able to make a dick joke but then points out he was actually talking about Fauerbach's brain. The dude is a genius joker.

After "Is your I not masculine" then everything that follows. Imho he rekt Fauerbach hard.

By the way that shit can't be read on phone so only PC users will be able to help me out there.

Nice spook, nerd.

youtube.com/watch?v=fteHV2D1RSo

like a wolf

Here are a few of Stirner's other works, besides The Unique and Its Property and Stirner's Critics if anyone's interested. The PDFs are "Art and Religion", "The False Principle of Our Education", "The Philosophical Reactionaries", and "You only have the courage to be destructive" . I haven't finished all of them yet personally.

Here is Stirner's Critics then

fuckin liar

I can't understand a single thing of The False Principles… what the fuck is he talking about?

He is talking about how individuals are raised to be citizens in any Constitutional State (Liberalism) post-revolution societies.

Etc etc. How all the state machine works to make shills, etc, etc.

Currently reading the German Ideology. God, Stirner is one giant pile of garbage.

Is being a Rothschild peak egoism?

in their position of course it is.

but all the people who work for them are not egoistic at all. they should kill their bosses and take their money.

edgy as fug

thanks downloaded all

lol just finished reading "You Only Have the Courage To be Destructive" which is Stirner's first publication and it's very interesting.

It shows a mild-spooked Stirner. He still believed in some concepts, ideology here and there and is show leaning towards individual anarchism/libertarianism. He then de-spooked himself entirely through the years.

I'm only missing 1 book.

"History of Reaction"
Geschichte der Reaktion (History of Reaction) was published in two volumes in 1851 by Allgemeine Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt and immediately banned in Austria.[7] It was written in the context of the recent 1848 revolutions in German states and is mainly a collection of the works of others selected and translated by Stirner. The introduction and some additional passages were Stirner's work. Edmund Burke and Auguste Comte are quoted to show two opposing views of revolution.

Was it ever translated? I can't find anything about it.

Have you read all the others?

Yes, they're very short (imho) except for The Ego & It's Own / The Unique and It's Property.

I'm an experienced reader so I can read at a fast enough phase and comprehend what is said well enough. If something captures my interest through I printscreen it.
For example the Union of Egoists is something that makes a lot of sense, it is a union so basic, so simple that most individuals have had or have. It is pretty much friendship, camaraderie.

It seems u have posted using the leftcom flag. Ur post has been archived. Thank u.

I like tina she is a qt3.14 that likes Stirner and isn't afraid of anything

Yeah can't find History of Reaction either. Max only did the introduction there anyway so it isn't much.
It's probably only in German not yet translated to English.
Oh well…

What about the Titoposting though? A real disappointment.

What of her not understanding the bunch of stuff that happened that brought down Tito's socialism?

tbh what did you expect… She just had a quick glance at it, the chick is very young. She isn't a voracious reader yet. In 1 year I see a lot potential through, I would like to see her as a YouTuber, would help a lot in this whole accelerationism of Capitalism era. The more readers out there speaking their minds out the better, the more these individuals encourage reading from the source twice as better.

Holla Forums's habit of encouraging reading has nothing but a bright future ahead.

bump

thank you

where is the cock tho?

bump

This bump crystallizes this great re-work of Stirner's classic once again toward the top while tumbling shitpost-threads down toward destruction

bump

Is Max Stirner the end of philosophy?

His stuff very general tbh, so I don't think so.

if u want to over analize things like /lit/ then yes