Is sex a social construct?

What did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943
thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/220/Testosterone?act=2
isna.org/faq/y_chromosome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She means that she has become spook manifest.

She meant that biology ain't real. And also feels > realz.

I wouldn't call it a social construct but not everyone considers the same things when judging sex (chromosomes, genitalia, etc).

All of it makes for one terrifying ghost story.

Oh that's similar to what that idiot said. Heh.

WHAT

She meant that she was right.

nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943

sex is just gendered biology
biology is real, the idea of a penis being male and a vagina being female is the construct

WE CLAIM THIS THREAD IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD OF LIGHT
AVE SATANAS

would make sense if she's biologically a woman and got a penis via surgery

Trap fags need to be gulag'd

This is 8ch Holla Forums, not your pretentious ivy league college campus friend….calm down a little.

Sex is a social construct.

Hahaha.

3pomo5me

Threadly reminder that gender is a spook

If anyone wants to contradict me on this, please tell me what "maleness" and "femaleness" are if not a set of social symbols, values and rituals.

dropped

what's with the kneejerk reaction lmfao

hmmmmmm

SAGE

retarded thread and not the place to ask

sage isn't a downvote, newfriend

Is there supposed to be a point to that image?

Which gender does your butt identify as, leftypol?

sex is a social construct. reminder social construct doesn't mean not real. language and colors are social construct. the fact that you perceive a various combination of chromosomes, gonads, hormones, genitalia, and internal organs as being male or female is socially constructed.

Try and write an all inclusive description of sex including chromosome disorders and chromosome configurations of other animals, and you will see it becomes arbitrary.

This is exactly the place to ask. This was lifted from an Anarcho-Communism discussion group.

Will the left accept these people, their views and notions of the world and thus move forward as a unified left, or will we continue to butt heads?

Wow, I could not care less about this. Even if all of biology is a social construct, it wouldn't affect me at all.

Separating "biological sex" from gender identity is just another way of trying to label trans people as not real or authentic, it's another way of denying the biology of trans reality, and it's another way if trying to police our bodies and our terminology.

Your head is haunted.

The victim complex is strong here.

it boils down to whether or not sex is deterministic or not. does having a dick/vagina or XX/XY chromosome make you male or female or is it just another feature like hair color or height?

My maleness is my testosterone making me act and like "manly" stuff.
Femaleness is the lack of testosterone causing females to be soulless creatures without real desires whom just think everything is "beautiful".

thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/220/Testosterone?act=2

There is a little of mere social construct to it but gender is mainly shaped by biology.
Deal with it.

The point is that there is no such thing as gender from a concrete materialist standpoint. It's an imaginary social concept that ties a set of values, rituals and symbols to a biological sex.

While it's understandable that those who don't fit within this imaginary dichotomy might simply want to modify the gender mythos instead of reject it outright, that doesn't make gender any more real.

sex is your gender
gender is your biological sex
the idea that gender is malleable was purported by a jewish pedo psychiatrist who molested two young twin boys under the guise of an experiment
both twins committed suicide later on in life and his research was proven wrong since the biologically male sex changed and raised female twin had gender dysphoria their entire life and believed they were a boy because they genetically were
even though his research was proven wrong cultural marxists and their liberal yuppies still project it as a proven theory because it easily pervades the psychology of hormonal messed up teens and destroys the family unit

You have a mental illness lol

That's the point, gender isn't real. And your organs don't make you male or female.

No, not really. Gender has more to do with how people interpret biology. I see your point about testosterone, but nothing stops someone from interpreting testosterone as feminine either. It's shaped by culture.

They make you biologically male or female, though.
There's no getting around that.
There are parts that are inherent to you based on chromosomes.

>>>/r9k/

Biological males and females have both testosterone and estrogen in their bodies, though males have a higher testosterone-to-estrogen concentration and females have a higher estrogen-to-testosterone concentration. Everyone has a more or less unique balance of hormones and testosterone and estrogen are not the only hormones at work in the human body.

And that changes everything.
Listen the damn linked podcast.

Sex is real.
Real nice.

I think a lot of people misinterpret what is meant by construct. A construct is not necessarily an idea with no material basis, it's something that exists because it is constructed by society.

You could call proletariat and bourgeoisie constructs. There is no inherent quality in a person that decides their class, but it is established by private property.

Male and female work the same way, isolated from society and the division of reproductive labor, there is nothing that makes a person inherently gendered.

Imagine you completely separated someone's personality from any physical form. Would you have any way, without being told, whether they're a man or a woman?

way of telling*

Humans are sexually dimorphic mammals and reproduction is the key issue for understanding sex and familial relations.

Call you're dick "male", "female" or "Steve" you still have a penis and all other correlated features of a male human (unless you are the

apart from their chromosomal arrangement, hormonal concentrations and their difference in organ structure

the only people who are truly intersex are those born with mosaic syndrome
where they lack a discernible secondary sex chromosome
if you have a Y in your chromosomal make up you're male
if you have two X chromosomes you are genetically female
mosaic sufferers are genetically XO not XY or XX
they have no secondary y sex chromosome and are born without genitals most of the time

And who decided that, you nitpicking autist?

So?
I'm listening to it now, and I'm not hearing anything that's especially convincing.

their fucking DNA
the zygote that formed when they were created from the mixing of their parents gametes

Now what gives physical differences genders? You don't think of people with different eye colors or blood types as fundamentally different.

read

>muh dick is biologically female
???

Feminine penis is real tho. The questions is are masculine vaginas real?

"revolutionary queer politics" *sigh* I want off this ride.

Puffy vulvas? Hyper clits?

THEIR FUCKING CHROMOSOMES
those arent a construct they're different arrangements of proteins that CANT be changed

that paper is oversimplifying it tbh
intersex is still discernible genetically, phenotype doesnt matter
most of what they're referring to is a condition where a person retains foreign cells from other people most commonly pregnant mothers and their children during and after birth

Your flag is still on bud. But this stuff isn't revolutionary, and is such high levels of idpol it is unreal. Humans are sexually dimorphic, male and female sexes exist, and wanting new sexes and genders is a waste of time, as far as I can see.

isna.org/faq/y_chromosome

No, Shit like this is why no one takes us seriously. I'm sick of this gender study bullshit. We should be about the economics of leftism, not this. "It's a penis, but it's a GIRL'S penis."

whats next, cum that comes out of my dick is social construct?

I have a psychology degree
we're taught to disregard ALL gender theory because it cannot justify itself according to the scientific method

This is unironically the correct position to take. I know nothing of phrenology but know it's dumb and for racists.

Jej

Yes, that's all very nice, but do tell me… does any of that make the penis a female sexual organ, as claimed in the OP?

Standard liberal "categories are fuzzy, therefore nothing exists except racism" tactics.

post it

it has my name on it

block out your name

Nothing stops anyone from interpreting anything in any way, but that doesn't make you any less retarded.

You have a characteristic X that is very closely associated with group A and not closely associated at all with group B, and yet you claim that X belongs to B. Idiotic. It's literally on the level of saying that feathered wings are a human characteristic.

And let's not pretend that this is anything but special-snowflakism. This obfuscation has nothing to do with a desire to discover more about the world and is rather grounded in a juvenile and aimless. In the absence of any real cause to embrace, the libbo attempts to deconstruct the plainly obvious, thinking that he's fighting some great oppression.

stop this bullshit

The feminist tactic:

It still amazes me that society fell for such a retarded and simple trick. 50 years of societal decay, literally due to one word-game.

wew

Because you are a feels > reals person who just believe in whatever you want to be believe not what is really the true.

if you gave someone a hormone blocker what gender are they then?

Literally who cares?

Why did you bump then, user?

Cells do not have a sex because cells reproduce asexually.

A human is a macroscopic being, you dont look at a human in terms of some microscopic anomalous cells. Humans are a sexually dimorphic species, meaning we reproduce sexually and have specialized sexual organs. Your sex is quite literally determined by which sexual organs you have, which in turn is encoded in your dna. A penis is by definition a male organ, and this makes you sexually male.

Stop trying to obfuscate basic biological axioms with layers of irrelevent details.

Anfems need to be fucking shot, tbh.

your penis, which makes you a biologically male, it's not "yours" because property is a spook.

How about they just bring it up as a child? God I hate normies so fucking much

I like sex but just going to sage this idpol.

there's armchair activism and then theres fucking this. Being proud of being queer isn't going to end oppression numbnuts.