Daily News Thread 6/15

Australian PM Turnbull mocks Trump in leaked audio

Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has been recorded apparently mocking US President Donald Trump in footage leaked by the media.
bbc.com/news/world-australia-40284372

‘1 down, 216 to go’: GOP congresswoman receives threatening email after Virginia shooting

A Republican congresswoman and outspoken supporter of President Donald Trump has received a threatening email following the shooting in Alexandria, Virginia which targeted House majority whip Steve Scalise and fellow lawmakers.
rt.com/usa/392375-republican-tenney-email-threats-shooting/

San Francisco UPS gunman 'had complained about overtime'

A UPS employee who killed three colleagues at a San Francisco depot of the postal firm before turning the gun on himself has been named.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40281639

Putin: Russia ready to grant asylum to former FBI Director James Comey

President Vladimir Putin says Russia is ready to grant James Comey asylum, and that the former FBI director "should be aware of that." He went on to question the difference between Comey and former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
rt.com/news/392404-putin-russia-usa-enemy/

Dennis Rodman gives Kim Jong-un a copy of Donald Trump's 'The Art of the Deal'

US basketball star Dennis Rodman has presented gifts to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. In what is his fifth visit to the hermit nation, Rodman gifted several items including a copy of Donald Trump's 'The Art of the Deal' to officials in the capital Pyongyang.
ibtimes.co.uk/dennis-rodman-gives-kim-jong-un-copy-donald-trumps-art-deal-1626436

Arms giant BAE sold powerful mass surveillance equipment to oppressive regimes – report

Global arms firm BAE Systems sold powerful mass surveillance equipment to six Middle Eastern nations with repressive human rights records, investigators claim, while warning that the technology could be used to track and hack dissidents.
rt.com/uk/392390-bae-surveillance-middle-east/

Federal judge strikes down Dakota Access Pipeline permits, orders re-assessment of risks

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and allies are hailing a federal judge’s decision that the Dakota Access Pipeline’s permits shall be remanded until further notice. The court found that the controversial project’s permitting process was insufficient.
rt.com/usa/392331-dapl-lawsuit-sioux-standing-rock/

London fire: Prime minister orders full public inquiry

Prime Minister Theresa May has ordered a full public inquiry into the fire that engulfed a west London block of flats, killing at least 17 people.
bbc.com/news/uk-40291227

Grenfell Tower survivor: 'Theresa May was sh*t - she didn't speak to any of us'

The angry resident criticised Theresa May while chatting to Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.
ibtimes.co.uk/grenfell-tower-survivor-theresa-may-was-sht-she-didnt-speak-any-us-1626447

Britain First bait Muslims who were helping Grenfell Tower fire victims

Footage has emerged showing Britain First leader Paul Golding baiting Muslims who were helping victims of the Grenfell Tower fire at the East London Mosque.
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/britain-first-grenfell-tower-fire-muslims-help-victims-racist-london-islamophobia-east-london-mosque-a7790991.html

Russian MoD confirms US deployment of long-range rocket launchers to Syria

The US has moved HIMARS long-range rocket launchers from Jordan to its base in At Tanf in Syria, Russia’s Defense Ministry confirmed, adding that the hardware could be used against Syrian government forces.
rt.com/news/392455-us-rocket-launchers-syria/

‘CIA’s Cherry Bomb’: WikiLeaks #Vault7 reveals wireless network targets

The latest Wikileaks Vault7 release reveals details of the CIA’s alleged Cherry Blossom project, a scheme that uses wireless devices to access users’ internet activity.
rt.com/viral/392369-cia-surveillance-wikileaks-cherry-blossom/

Prices for fake news campaigns revealed

Mounting a year-long fake news campaign can cost about $400,000 (£315,000), suggests a report.
bbc.com/news/technology-40287399

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/op-edge/392276-un-raqqa-syria-us-bombing/
truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/matt_taibbi_bids_goodbye_and_good_riddance_to_the_centrism_20170615/
counterpunch.org/2017/06/15/why-the-cia-cares-about-marxism/
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/06/when-a-suspected-shooters-facebook-page-becomes-a-public-spectacle/530307/?utm_source=feed
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-15/south-africa-raises-black-ownership-requirement-for-mines-to-30?srnd=157392532
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP/ED

What we see in Raqqa is no attempt to protect civilians – Vanessa Beeley

The US coalition is carpet bombing Raqqa without any UN mandate, raising the question whether there is something they want to hide or destroy before it is discovered by the Syrian Army, Vanessa Beeley, associate editor at 21stcenturywire.com, says.
rt.com/op-edge/392276-un-raqqa-syria-us-bombing/

Matt Taibbi Bids ‘Goodbye and Good Riddance’ to the Centrism That’s Been Duping Voters for Decades

“If those of us in the media spent less time lecturing about the wisdom of the status quo, and more time treating disaffected voters like the overwhelming majority they are,” Matt Taibbi writes in a Rolling Stone piece about the recent U.K. general election, “we might at least stop face-planting on our election predictions.”
truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/matt_taibbi_bids_goodbye_and_good_riddance_to_the_centrism_20170615/

Why the CIA Cares About Marxism

In a widely read essay for the Los Angeles Review of Books entitled “The CIA reads French theory: on the intellectual labor of dismantling the cultural left” (February 27, 2017), Gabriel Rockhill spins an intriguing yarn about the CIA and their interest in keeping abreast of French political theory throughout the Cold War.
counterpunch.org/2017/06/15/why-the-cia-cares-about-marxism/

When a Suspected Shooter’s Facebook Page Becomes a Circus

People are flocking to the profile page of a man identified as the suspect in a shooting at a Congressional baseball practice—and leaving lots of messages.
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/06/when-a-suspected-shooters-facebook-page-becomes-a-public-spectacle/530307/?utm_source=feed

if people decide they're gonna kick the bucket why don't they shoot their boss, a banker or a politician instead of other proles?

tbf I think he did shoot his boss but yeah, if it were me I'd leave it at that. Just go for the managers and the cops when they show up. then again I'm not psychotic so it's a moot point right.

The same reason all proles, left or right, are at each other's throats instead of organizing hit and run flash mobs in bourgie neighborhoods and smashing porky's BMWs and lambos.

>‘1 down, 216 to go’

I support the SDF but I abhor the killings of civilians in the Raqqa offensive.

What do?

The founder of Telegram claimed the US tried to persuade him to build backdoors in his messaging app

If it helps, to my knowledge, the airstrikes are carried out mostly if not totally by the US which is what is the cause of these copious amounts of civilian deaths.

Do these losers have nothing better to do?

FUCKING BARBARIANS. GULAG!

are all these white supremacist dickheads trying to look the same?

They are all IDpol right liberals so of course they all have to fit the look of their perceived identity

The original nazi look.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-15/south-africa-raises-black-ownership-requirement-for-mines-to-30?srnd=157392532

When SJW gets out of hand

colonialism fucked africa pretty badly so I'm willing to look the other way for this one.

White people need to get out of Africa.

They were born in SA and have no connection to Britain, no relatives there
As for looking the other way, picking and choosing when to apply your principles, well, fuck off and die IdPol scum
I bet your both middle class LARPing white boys that'll be libs in 10 years

we need to have a serious talk about "idpol" abuse

How appropriate.

Based

Telegram can't be trusted, they have proprietary encryption and also homebrew. They are literally fsb just like whatsapp is facebook/nsa.

I mean…. if I had to choose, I'm going with fsb.

Yes, I too, but why, when there are alternatives like xmpp protocol and gnupg or even silence, encrypted sms'?
Email services like tutanota, protonmail or any decent europe-based provider?
Jabber servers are often located in europe like vienna jabber.at.
Sms' give metadata still, but you don't need to connect to internet.

There are better alternatives, so why use Telegram?
Their app isn't even foss by default.

lol