What's your favourite movie Holla Forums ?

what's your favourite movie Holla Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8LUEiKs2UAo?t=8
imdb.com/title/tt0274518/
youtube.com/watch?v=Zhq-aNlQJuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gay ugly retard 3

Lawrence of Arabia

2001 Space Odyssey just for the intro with the chimps

Pulp Fiction

70s/80s movie posters looked so cool tbh

also mad max 1 was a great movie

I dunno, there's so many I love for various reasons. The Babadook was a really cool and relatively recent film that cured writers block.

come and see

Apocalypse Now.

Fury Road is absolutely a leftist film btw

Inglorious Basterds

Big Lebowski

Lord of War
youtu.be/8LUEiKs2UAo?t=8

'It's such a beautiful day' is absolutely fantastic.

i like gremlins.

Der Untergang.

8 1/2 is my fave!!!!

Really special individual here

My friend started crying when we watched that for the first time.

Days of Heaven. Absolutely beautiful photography and an enrapturing historical setting, with themes of class. The plot is simple but that's the point. I can put on this movie at any time and my doubts and anxieties just wash away.

Rampage. Vid semi related, it's of the second (unfortunately inferior) film

Fucking hipster.

I'm not quite sure, but Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" from 1985 earns a mention.

Can't say favorite, but:

dunno i've never seen one

This was recommended here a while ago. Definitely one of my favorites.

La Grande Guerra-Monicelli

Pulp fiction was a terrible movie.

Querelle is really good.

Close tie between Fletch and Beverly Hills Cop.

Kin Dza Dza!

Fine, be that way. Believe it or not, even though this was literally made by the Nazi party in Germany, it's completely free of any Nazi ideology I could detect. Funny, touching, well made, easily on par with the Terry Gilliam version.

Tarantino is shit. No idea how anybody could actually like him.

There is a lot of movies which I really like but I have a hard time to pick a single one because it's unfair to compare them. Can't really compare Apocalypse Now! with a Tarkovsky movie because it's just such a different approach.

Maybe something I watched recently: "A Field In England" was something which positively surprised me, even though I didn't like the rest of Bill Wheatleys stuff. The problem I have with lots of "leftist" movies is that they are often trying too hard to get a simple message across.

Is your favourite Futaki too?
Let's get married!

so you didn't see this post

what made Hollywood so good in the 60s 70s and 80s ?

1 million times this, excellent film.

It's too bad ruskie cinema pretty much died. Commies couldn't run a country if their life depended on it, but the soviets did make some good movies. So did Germany of course, but that was even longer ago.

They hadn't figured the surefire formula yet. Now they know exactly how to make something bland enough to appeal to be just barely tolerable to a very large audience.

Very important point my man. Fuck the cut version.

one thing for sure is that investors were more easy going
but after Dune massively flopped in every way possible, they started to be more cautious

Shit movies

Pic related, my personal choice

Green elephant is woke af

I didn't, sorry comrade

good taste

imdb.com/title/tt0274518/

The others are all somewhat overrated but come on

The others I can understand not liking but ripping on Apocalypse Now is like ripping on Homer

Waterloo and Strike are both great. Soviet movies are severely under appreciated in the west outside of film academic circles tbh.

Waterloo and War and Peace

Both by Sergei Bondarchuk

Bit of a cliche answer from an animefag but End of Evangelion. An excellent conclusion to the series.

Non-animu favourite would have to be They Live.

This one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zhq-aNlQJuo

Fight Club is probably the most Holla Forums movie I've ever seen, and it has so many fucking layers to it. You can almost view it as a guide if you think about it, it's a story about how a wage slave with zero class conscious begins breaking free from society, and ultimately becoming an anarchist.

Then you haven't seen enough movies.

I dunno about "favorite", I'm too indecisive, but I will never turn down an opportunity to watch pic related

Fuck off.

I have trouble picking favs but Drive stuck on my mind since i saw it some years ago.

yeo place beyond the pines is good as fuck great choice never gets much love

i'd have to go with No Country For Old Men or There Will Be Blood. If youre looking for a lesser known great working class drama set in Appalachia check out Out of the Furnace, beautiful little film

also The Fighter is a great tough guy prole movie

Platinum tier soundtrack

The Blues Brothers are /ourguys/

Fucking brilliant movie in every way.

Classic illegalist Anarchists

absolute shit taste

You said the right words and even have the flag to match, but honestly, it's just not believable enough.

The anti Corporate message in this movie and it's sequel is based and totally lost on 90% of people.

Alien is leftist.

was shit
it was facepalm tier from the start, especially when marines entered the stage
it was such a huge pile of shit with shit acting I can't bring myself to watch it ever again

when comparing Alien with Aliens you can really see how far Hollywood have fallen

They've done better. Also possibly my favorite theatrical anime, and very appropriate to Holla Forums with its themes of mundane people in mundane times rising to do great things.

Nooo! Who hurt her???

the mating cry of the cinema hipster for 30 years and it still works as well today as it did in the 80s

Platoon was better than Apocalypse Now. Prove me wrong.

Honestly, films like these, along with stuff like The Deer Hunter or Full Metal Jacket, while they're excellent movies in many ways, and make good political points on the Vietnam War, have a grasp on the technical, procedural, and tactical aspects of warfare varying anywhere from featherlight to utterly fanciful, not to mention their vague impression of the country of Vietnam itself. This makes their perspective on the individual grunt's experience difficult to take seriously, especially considering far better movies of other wars from before and after, like To Hell and Back or Blackhawk Down.

The best Vietnam war movie IMHO is, ironically enough, the first Rambo movie. Not only in spite of the departure in tone the sequels took, but also its not taking place in Vietnam. Which is appropriate, I think, as by far the greatest difference between that war and others was its impact on the imperialist political machine of the USA itself and the draftees that once fueled it.

It was all still fairly new, and comfortable from growing big. They had a lot of money to throw around and not such a great idea how the business worked yet. Movies have gotten riskier since then from competition in the form of the internet and TV, and Hollywood has figured out (so they think) what puts asses in seats. Think of movies in general as a product in the entertainment market. They were "stars" back then. Now they're cash cows and moving toward being dogs.

Pretty good fuck you to classcuck social ideology.

fuck off pleb

go watch Starship Troopers or something
it is almost like Aliens 2.0
retarded marines behaving like retards the film

Sound lad

Here's mine

I love Dark City too but it's not sci-fi enough for me to be my favorite.

I haven't seen it, but everything I've heard reminds me of pretentious trash like Pleasantville that think they're SOOO SUBVERSIVE!!!1!

Wasn't moving slightly further from soft SF one of The Matrix's big weaknesses, for instance, the executive-mandated idea of using human bodies for power rather than human minds for computation?

In the 60's and 70's yes…there were some good filsm coming out from Hollywood almost every year.
80's? kek that's when garbage Hollywood started.

Some of my fav films.

It changes a lot but if I was asked right now I'd probably say Stalker.

Zootopia

Rampage, along with everything Uwe Bol has ever shat out, is really awful and lazy.

ur mums really awful and lazy

Managed it a lot better than the Nazis did. And their lives actually depended on it.

Are there any movies that can summarize the newfaggotry of some of our recent yugoposters?

What a shallow and empty existence

"Deus e o Diabo na terra do sol" is fucking kino.
I believe you guys will enjoy it.

You can find it as Black God, White Devil in english. (protip: it has nothing to do with racism)