"The answer to the problem of society is the integrity of the individual"

"The answer to the problem of society is the integrity of the individual"

why do you disagree with this, leftypol?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqPwr-cVz_M
www1.salary.com/Chemist-I-Salaries.html
botswana.opendataforafrica.org/gysrep/botswana-demographic-trends
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's a vague out of context phrase that doesn't mean anything.

Individuals and their character are the products of the material conditions they exist in. Thus material conditions only reproduce the problems of society and malformed individuals. The solution to this is to change the material base of society, the root cause of social dysfunction, rather than treat symptomatic character flaws found in individuals.
t. materialist

really makes me sort my room

What is "integrity of the individual"? Seems like masturbatory non-statements one would expect from academic Marxist offshoots. The irony of the right embracing something similar is beautiful.

Non-statements, romanticism, and obscurantism are hallmarks of the right. No irony to it–it's inherent to them

It's an airy empty platitude.

If society went by my integrity it would be a burning pit of trash.

The ice-pick holster is right.

Because our social identities are produced by our material conditions. Just saying "be good" doesn't do shit, and will only make things worse as people fail to live up to your enlightened standards.

pic related, read it

What did he mean by it? I honestly don't understand.

Society's problems are because of muh moral degradation and muh entitled millennials.

Autism.

That's the height of pseudo philosophy.

No shit.

Because of human nature :^).

Jordan Peterson is such a tard. The cult around him that has emerged lately is really annoying.

He's a career academic with a Ph.d, so he can string a few sentences together that sound profound to right wing retards while confirming their beliefs. Hell of a racket, tbh.

kek

Nazis believe in magic woo woo.

What a surprise.

Fuck off nigger

my ears broke

Nice

What a spooked retard

ebin

The ability to be a free and exceptional individual relies on the circumstances the individual was thrust into. Would Einstein have come up with his theories without a society to ease his living? Would Lebron be nearly as good at basketball and making an impact on his community if he were born into chattel slavery? The very simple answer is that a society that actually grows and helps the individual is better for the freedom of the individual. If we want to most out of the members of society then we should give them the ability to be the best individuals they can. Real individualism are philosophies that emphasize a fair society, democratic societies, and materially focused ones.
A fair society makes sure that the oppressed, and by extension each individual apart of those minorities or oppressed groups, held back by racism, sexism, homophobia ect. are able to express their abilities to the fullest. By means of domination in class, the workplace, in material distribution, in the political structure, ect. this ultimately means the society looses out, and it is up to systems in society to make sure that does not happen to procure what those individuals have to offer, and create a better world for other individuals, while uplifting individuals that are oppressed.
Democracy at the basic level, into the workplace, community, ect is a learning mechanism as well as a freedom promoting structure. The simple idea of if an issue affects you, you should have a say in it, is a key part of furthering individual freedom and excellent individuals. If a society that denies this to the individual, must we ask if it is the society has failed for the individual to even express any integrity?
Materially speaking, how can an individual find a purpose or way to contribute to society without the means to be comfortable and explore different ideas and ways of working. Does the best individual come out of being under threat of loosing their house, loosing their food, ect? Would the individual not do better without having to worry about that?

Ultimately if you want an individual to have integrity, and believe societies woes are caused by a lack of it, you must first shape to society so integrity is fostered and allowed to express itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=FqPwr-cVz_M

The integrity of the individual is the problem of society or something like that.

Posting this obnoxious piece of shit should be a bannable offense.

Fuck I hate this stupid cunt so much.

Explain why most rich kids are pieces of shit then

It's not that hard to explain their taught that their better then most people either explicitly or implicitly because their rich and their material conditions enforce that fact

Anyone who agrees with this should stop calling themselves leftists.

Integrity of most individuals is only possible under the right material conditions, in feudalistic systems personal relationship and integrity was a central cultural tenent because that was how the society functioned structurally, not because people where more thoughful or something. And we can also see a breakdown of this tenent as soon the situation became more chaotic and personal integrity was no longer benificial for the individual because the circumstances changed.

Woah. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

No wonder he's so retarded

This is pretty much the answer.

is a causal chain, a dialectic process of continued creation and change.
Also, with societal structures, there are generally certain individuals who are given much more power over that society than other individuals, meaning it is possible to have a society that is largely composed of high-integrity individuals who are governed by those of questionable or perhaps even non-existant integrity.

This is a problem intrinsic to most large-scale social/economic structures, though it is certainly prolific in capitalism, where those who can exploit others the hardest are the eventual winners. Indeed, if you were looking to create a hypothetical society with the expressed intent of creating individuals without integrity it is, I think, likely that this system would be capitalistic in nature.

'Meritocracy' based on who can be the best Ferengi is essentially what we're looking at. It is hard to blame an individual for how they've been shaped by social-structures because there is quite literally no time where they are not in fact being impacted by that existing structure.

The answer to the problem of my "broken piece of shit" multi-player game is the integrity of the players.

why do you disagree with this, Holla Forums?

Christ almighty, who is she?

Late capitalist society does not promote individualism. Is Mr. Peterson an anti-capitalist?

I agree because with integrity you don't need no society to get your way.

he's a massive classcuck

A supposed intelectual for the alt-right just spouts stoner college kid arguments. It really makes sense.

This is Communism.

right wing philosophy is pure idealism

In order to escape pseudoscience, we must use measurable things. If it cant be measured, it's a pseudoscience.

You cant measure any "social" influence. If you go around not punishing anyone for their crimes (because they were a product of their social blah blah) everyone will start calculating their crimes, people would be incentivized to stage 'muh bad social blah blah'.
If you start punishing successful people who built their business with hard labor and smart labor (you didnt build this, social effort built this, now gimme gimme gimme gimme), they too will become resentful, alienated, and would either try to move or would just go on welfare to protest the system.
This collectivism just encourages going trough life complaining and never solving any of your problems. Main critique of Holla Forums types is that they just want to claim achievements of the people they never met… but how is this 'muh social circumstance' any different?

How on Earth can individual responsibility ever be a bad thing? Without personal responsibility, you have collective irresponsibility…

i agree. we just need to convince everyone that good things are good and bad things are bad to save humanity.

That statement begs elaboration. Hell, that's something Bookchin might say. What follows up from that though….

they're already on corporate welfare
fuck em, none of them do what they do out of the goodness of their hearts or any kind of altruistic motive, it was for themselves

oh grow up, nothing wrong with being a honest, hard working, law abiding person that also made himself rich from his own work
being rich from helping others is ok
being rich from neither helping anyone neither damaging anyone is ok too
being rich from exploiting others is bad but not all rich people did that

I think it becomes nigh on impossible to do this when you're "rich" because you then own so much you're not fully aware of what is going on everywhere.
Still, I'd say putting up resistance is where the dividing line should be.

mate

well its one thing to talk about… yacht cruising monopolist corporate raider 'downsizing' (destroying) jobs for normal people

but what's so wrong with being a.. dentist, a doctor, an engineer, a scientist of some sort, that did a big thing in his field and now his work is not only helping others, but he is making a bit of money from it as well?
by rich i just mean owning a decent house and being able to afford one vacation a year, that's it

How does that end exploitation exactly?

be self employed
its easy
troughout entire europe, all you need is a licence (which you get out of school) and you can open up your own dentist/engineering/whatever firm
being smart people, pilots and doctors and engineers and so on have some of the strongest unions, highest salaries, full benefits, job security etc

honestly, if you are complaining while living in the first world, you are making some personal mistakes with your life and there isnt any sort of additional safety net or communism coming any time soon to bail you out

i feel like too many young people are going to interpret leftism as justification for being a resentful violent loser who is poor because he didnt develop any useful skill, and no other reason

There's only two legal ways ways of getting rich:

everything else is exploit. got that?

That it's a silly way to distribute wealth. When everyone is free from need and nobody is starving we'll have a discussion about letting people accumulate wealth. In the meantime, having these jobs be well paying means that a lot of people can't afford them. You know, I don't quite like having cavities and not going to the dentist because the national healt dentist is shit and the private one literally milks every patient for thousands of euros.

I feel like you don't know what we mean when we say exploitation.

working smart + working hard = a happy life if you were born in the first world
complaining is reserved for north koreans in my mind

realpolitik > mental masturbation
ordinary people in the street want results, not explanations
its better to go step by step and have a measurable success, than some imaginary revolutions

you just have to use that one chance at university you have to become something useful and have a normal life, that's it, daydreaming revolutions doesnt pay the bill

shit you don't understand mental masturbation

i didn't even use big words.

I think Holla Forums has a 'goodest goy' award. Maybe you could get it. Afterwards you can work for me, I need guys with your work ethic.

Are you secretly trying to raise class solidarity or something?

No, I just dont understand how can anyone invest his one life into personal irresponsibility and a belief in infinite resources/infinite chances.
Yeah it sucks we cant go trough life fucking up all day everyday but if you free fall off of a tall building onto a concrete, you end up smashed. Should we protest gravity now as well? Is gravity fascist now as well??

Lay off the lolbert cool aid. Have you even had a job yet?

I think I will join up communism once it's already built. Being a poorfag myself, I cant invest in 'but it wasnt real that time!' adventures. But I wish all the best to you to build it, honestly. You think I dont want infinite chances for infinite people? I really do, I just struggle funding my own existence at the moment.

I don't understand. You can try to get an education and a job in order to not starve to death and still criticise the society you live in. "Daydreaming revolutions" don't pay the bills but you can have a job and still want to change things. I don't understand your criticism.

Is this outburst the result of trauma induced cognitive dissonance anonkun? It's okay, we don't think you're worthless because you're not a self employed engineer-dentist yet.
You should read all the threads in the catalog so you can prove them all wrong.

Nah, I'd rather work hard enough to get my masters in chemistry (which I hate with a passion), obtain enough internships, try to write a scientific paper or two in my field, focus really hard on becoming competent, knowledgeable, useful, and specialized enough that no one can deny me my (reasonable) demand for a honest (enough) pay, and use all the money I've made to strike out on my own, invest in my own self, precision and measuring tools, a whole lab if need be, and now myself be the one hiring. Or hang myself if I fail in the process.

I've ran our of things to say, excuses to use, resentments to resent. I realize that excuses are unlimited, unlike resources.
My resources are limited, and it is up to me to work hard and use them to the best of my ability.
Not to hope that someone else is going to do any of it for me. Or to go whole life blaming someone else.

Everyone can criticize, but not everyone can create.
Everyone can hope for communism, but not everyone can make it in a world of limited resources.

I hope you're in Organic, or you picked the worst science to go into right now.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Inhales]
OHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[Wipes tear from eye]
Hehehehehahahah
hehehehe
ha
haaaaaa

you're funny user

I think the answer you were looking for is 'yes'.

Cringe. Do you really eat your own dogshit or is this a troll post?

mfw brainlets take this man seriously
He has literally nothing profound to say

elaborate

Communism is Rapture-tier ideology

I don't want a "honest (enough)" pay, I want the pay system to disappear.

Your shitposting is pathetic. Go back and learn how to do it, otherwise I doubt that you're more than some cart pusher in a supermarket larping in his break time judging by your inability to investigate.

I'm sorry calling Real Communism™ as the religious ideology it is offends your feelings.

Read a book. Read a book. Read a motherfucking book.

But you engage in the most vulgar positivism and then pull definitions out of your ass to ironically shitpost. I honestly don't know how you haven't been banned yet because every post you have made is the most cancerous shitposting I've seen here in months (if you are that European guy who jacks off to how intelligent he is and how he speaks 6 tongues, but denies material reality because it doesn't conform to his "pragmatism" like a complete idealist)

I agree
I just don't value property and market's as inherently individual or freedom or whatever

Shit nobody ever fucking said

www1.salary.com/Chemist-I-Salaries.html
Jesus, you're the kind of person Holla Forums is reaching out to, man. Who did this to you?

Don't you see anything wrong with that yourself? I mean, you can if you want to, but any system that leaves you no other option, given our state of collective technology and accumulated capital, might be a bit off.

What's wrong with a "religion" if it helps people? Just like how your religion is thinking you'll be a successful chemistry major even though that looks bleak, hell, you even admitted to hanging yourself if it doesn't work out, and you do all this in the name of profit. At least "our" "religion" makes us friends and gives people laughs as well as optimism, yours is a death cult.

I just dont get it, to be a communist one must see our pretty blue planet as some sort of.. lighthearted family comedy. But the fact is that our planet is a horror movie instead. 99% of all species that ever lived here went extinct.

So economy doesnt work on hobbies and we must study 10 hours a day extremely technical things to land a job.. I can complain about this, but what would that net me at the end of the day?
So morality is a spook, but exploitation is somehow wrong?

I just dont see myself as a pretty princess that has to get her way. I just dont see myself as the center of the universe. I just dont see myself as an important person. I just dont see myself automatically deserving communism. I just dont see myself with any rights guaranteed to me by.. moth eaten scrolls, or ballot boxes as if they were anything more than boxes with some fucking paper in it, or my (un)civil servants, or my 'fellow/brotherhood of man', I just dont see a solid guarantee in anything but physics, math and chemistry.

Only these never fail, only these cant be cheated, only these cant be corrupted (tho nuclear physics might violate principle of conservation of matter, dont know lol), only in these one can count not to misbehave.

And there is nothing written in math and physics and chemistry and so on, that says that there is going to appear a magical uncorruptable ideal communism, that will stop all other men from trying to outsmart, outmaneuver and overpower me.

No, the only reliable thing I have is making myself as knowledgeable (knowledge is power, eh?) and able as I can, so I can make the world the best place I can (which doesnt mean also best for others), and to make sure that going against me is not in the best interest of anyone else.

Chemistry is extremely saturated as a field and your only options are to be a lab monkey or get a phd and hope you get tenured. With Organic or Inorganic there's a lot of applications to relevant industries today like pharmacy.

Turn back.

Pic related was you at birth.

what do you think communism is? no google allowed.

What do you think we want some kind of global hippie commune?

To support communism is not to believe we will suddenly wake up in utopia. It is to take a clear eyed view of human society and its technology, and rationally conclude that things could be done differently and better for people.
In our current system, you can of course do whatever you believe is best. Maybe you focusing on chemistry even though you don't like it is best at a collective level. But you shouldn't have to merely to minimally thrive. Given the current capacities of our society.

You don't get it because you are a narcissist that intentionally avoids learning new things and challenging your knowledge because it is an effective admission that you aren't an omniscient genius.

Our perspective is extremely easy to understand if you take five fucking minutes to read some Wikipedia articles, but you won't, because it's easier to simply assume that your lifetime of spoon-fed pop culture caricatures is truth.

i think its some sort of a place where there is enough of everything for everyone

i think that rationing things with the use of money and hierarchies is making sure that when someone has to do the starving eventually, that someone isnt picked at random but he starved because he couldnt compete
i dont think the system is perfectly meritocratic (mainly because of nations) but i think that majority of the third worlders doing our starving for ourselves couldnt compete with us for resources if we were both dropped off on an island somewhere, with identical tools
no, but i think that everyone doing the complaining in the first world isnt worth associating with

i think that there is inherent lack of personal responsibility in leftism
i think leftism is the type of guy that picks an art degree instead of an engineering degree
i think that leftism is a type of guy that think economy works on hobbies, so he goes in debt to graduate basket weaving and then complains he cant pay it back

i am all for cooperation when it benefits me, and all against it when it doesnt, and i have a whole bunch of interests in common with everyone else, but i also have a whole bunch of interests against everyone else, and so do they
and math, physics and chemistry are the final judge and jury of whose interests get realized, so in a conflict between two solid bodies, or two atoms, or two humans, one who is more in line with physics will win
and i dont think that modern day commie movements anywhere are efficient enough or in line enough for me to work with them and not against them

get nukes and then we can talk about communism

Do not even bother wasting your time with this shitposting . This guy is not going to argue at all and he will ignore every post you make. At best you should drop quotes if you're going to respond.

Don't even need to read the rest of your post, see flair

better to cull half the herd, then let it ruin the pasture and starve the whole herd

no commie/leftist movement irl i saw offer any practical solution to our scarcity problem
for now at least i'd rather band with right wing/lolbers, at least they have a 'culture' of sorts where they go innawoods, set radios and ammo caches, do basic military training and basic survival larping, and set up basic electronics and radios for comms

humanity is on a starvation course, doesnt matter if the porkies are causing it, only thing that matters is not starving, and most leftists i've met never read das kapital but just hated their shitty job and wanted someone else to blame for their life choices (mainly about university degree)

lmao. so basically you don't have a fucking clue what communism or marxism is but you decide you should write a bunch of long, incoherent comments about it anyway.

why are you on this website

to hear more and new opinions, you know, dialectics and whatnot, expose myself to contrary worldviews, maybe get some sort of a new message out of it

but what i am saying still seems to me extremely simple and obvious, i am not even saying anything new
kissinger and his nuclear strategy, knee cha (fuck spelling that, im not english/german) and his will to power, a trillion other strategists and philosophers and economists and whatnot all already said it

power is all that matters
and you are not getting any more of it by shredding some of yours, to give to the powerless (majority of whom, in the west at least, condemned themselves in the first place)

what scarcity problem? according to the UN global food production can sustain at least 12 billion. real problem is abundancy>>1774711

Lmao

better living conditions leads to a drop in birth rates. If you really hate black people so much you'd want them to stop being poor so they can stop having so many children.

Did you fail middle school?

but what if the sun starts to fade out? better have a degree in chemical engineering so i can create my own little sun just for me

or maybe they never had ice age glaciations and alpine climate for 10.000 years (look it up) and never developed better clothes, better tools, better shelters, long term planning, preparing for the winter, etc
maybe their whole existence could be successful thanks to aggressive behavior
maybe they could have all the food and all the reproduction, by just being the most aggressive person around and requiring zero investment in the offspring (hey, if it dies you can just make 10 more)

meanwhile this different climate and different environment and different diet and different conditions and different continent, created different fucking differences and 'evolved' euros for the purpose of surviving ice age europe

sure as fuck explains behavior better than 'they were oppressed by the ebil whitey even before ebil whitey discovered them! gibs infinite reparations nao!!' theory we seem to have right now, that no one can say was any successful

take all of right wing spooks and sum them up together
and they are still lesser than leftist spook of racial equality

this si what pol actually thinks

at least engineering would be able to develop space ships to get the fuck out of the suns proximity when it starts failing.

my almonds have just been activated.

What about the Inuits though

is europe and america not on the same course rhodesia and south africa were before they became zimbabwe?
where would you rather live, rhodesia or zimbabwe?

and why do we have to multiculturalize first? why cant we multiculturalize other places first and see how it goes?

inuits moved to greenland and other places after
and they evolved into perfect fishermen and seal hunters since they need fish skins to obtain vitamins that plants gave us (nothing grows over there, they cant farm)
they have perfectly adapted to the igloo life

now i am just a passionate discovery channel watcher, my knowledge isnt perfect or even formal
i just think that it makes enough sense for my curiosity

also, neanderthals

we like to call neanderthals retards, right?
think again
neanderthals had much more developed tools than us, and they had bigger cranial volume
whites and asians were the only ones that mixed with neanderthals, some euros still have up to 8% neanderthal genes

i am telling you man, sharks didnt evolve wings, eagles didnt evolve gills, niggers didnt evolve intellect
they could have just do without it
its not just the skin color, color of the skin has absolutely nothing to do other than protection from sun

But Inuits would still apply here
Native Americans are the decedents of Asians.

You realize that le shitskins come to North America and Europe because they're relatively politically stable and economically prosperous? Multiculturalism is an afterthought. It's a justification for importing third world labour.

check out at all these retarded looking albinos lmao niggers MUST be genetically inferior

A lot of those guys looks just look old or sick, but imo less threatening anyways.
I think the skin color itself may lead to more social consequences than people think.

aha, very interesting
go look at botswana birth rates, it's around 2.5 rn
botswana.opendataforafrica.org/gysrep/botswana-demographic-trends

no comment

Why are you so classcucked?

LE STEM ENLIGHTENMENT SCIENCE PHYSICS QUANTUM NUCLEAR SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE
I'M TOO SMART FOR READING SHIT NIHILISM SCIENCE DUDE LMAO NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
Leave.

Sorry for off topic but damn

Oh no! The rich giving up? It'll be the downfall of communism!

You are like a caricature of the typical first year STEM beta.

That makes no sense. Logically, not everyone can take these jobs, even if everyone was qualified. The low paying jobs are still there, and someone has to do them ffs. We can't just all become rich doctors, someone has to do the shit jobs, which communism/socialism addresses.

Do you even read what you post? Absurd logic.

Do the people who stock shelves, sort garbage and teach children deserve to live in squalor because they weren't """smart""" enough to choose the 3 jobs that require you to go $100k in debt to study for?

You are so incredibly self obsessed it is insane.

the individual is bad. so is jordan memerson

been a while since we've had shitposts of this caliber on Holla Forums. I unironically like this thread now.