What will the entertainment industry be like under communism?

What will the entertainment industry be like under communism?

Other urls found in this thread:

goboiano.com/bbc-reporter-claims-anime-and-manga-promotes-pedophilia/
youtube.com/watch?v=jSRjJ7Ss88o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no ads

Like old YouTube, before monetization and before anyone ever said the words [SMASH THAT MF LIKE]

No ads or product placement. No IP bullshit. Less Blockbustertrash and more Indiegarbage.

Post-entertainment represents the sublation of the entertainment industry. high effort DIY, mass LARP street theatre, total involvement, abolition of the art/life distinction.

More artsy, less commercial block buster bullshit.
No IP, spontaneous collaborative cinematic universes, more controversial topics etc.

Constructed situations, participatory art and anime in real life.

Without a profit motive, and with all basic human needs taken care of, you would see content being created solely for the enjoyment of both the creator and the audience.

It'd be a beautiful thing and we'll all be dead long before there's a possibility of that ever happening.

artists will have creative freedom to do what they want without worrying about marketability.
Free game mods for everybody.

This, but unironically.

I'M ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT NIHILISTS

You mean racket.

I don't think a entertainment industry can exist without capitalism.
I think cultural and entertainment phenomenons will be something like hobbist circles and popular culture will likely dissapear in FALC because despite all the normie hate, people have a wide range of interests.

Before the internet was overrun by big corporate sites people made their own entertainment. Newgrounds ran on amateur content entirely.

It's not gonna happen

it won't be a industry, to put it simply

All propaganda all the time.

you mean like now

crowdsourced and independent

First and foremost, a lot more entertainment will be remixes and derivatives of popular work. There will be no copyright law, so there will be nothing to prevent a thriving community of fan works much like the doujinshi scene in Japan.
Also there won't be the same focus on mindless shit because it won't be backed up by massive advertising budgets. Success will be determined by quality rather than propaganda, and the more interesting and thought-provoking works will tend to win in that arena.
There will also be more room for experimental works which would be considered too much of a risk under capitalism. Artists will have much more control than the bean counters.

I have nothing in common with the people in physical proximity to me. I do not share their culture, their opinions, their politics, or their goals. This is not caused by alienation, but rather by fundamental psychological differences (which also cause alienation). My culture is largely illegal thanks to them, and I see no reason to have any more respect for their culture than they have for mine.

Not only will it not be mass produced anymore, it also won't be "entertainment" as we know it. We'll have culture, not the commodified garbage we call "entertainment". And culture will flourish.

Can you give a short description of your culture?

goboiano.com/bbc-reporter-claims-anime-and-manga-promotes-pedophilia/

Retarded people make claims about anything. And the UK is just conservacucked.

Won't exist
Entertainment is a waste of time and resources

This. People can entertain themselves by building self-sustaining farms on Mars.

You should get in a relationship with entertainment, you have a lot in common.

u aren't wrong

The UK is spectacularly actually reactionary and reactionary. It isn't even restricted to the right - people of all political persuasions are very opposed to any kind of personal liberty which goes against their gut feelings. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have nothing in common with them. If they want a "local culture", I want to be as far away from it as possible.

Anime and manga is the entirety of what you'd call your culture? And you live in a somewhat closed community of ultraconservatives?

Culture was of a much higher standard in eastern Europe (particularly cinematography) before capitalism came in the 90s, where it became a race to the bottom and artists lacked the necessary incubator offered by communism. Broadly speaking, a profit-driven mindset is bad for culture - note the endless sequels and reboots because big corps prefer 'safe' big brands.

Sorry, your post came just as I posted.

Honestly I have very little culture. The overwhelming majority of entertainment is shit. I'm not religious. I don't participate in any festivities other than Christmas (which at this point is basically a commercial holiday). My beliefs about life and death are informed by philosophy and are fairly unusual even by human standards.

Seriously, I'm open to suggestions on what kind of culture I might have, but I can't think of much.

Consumer culture.
Capitalism doesnt have culture and it actively tries to destroy any of it left. Even DIY anti-consumer cultures like punk got commodified.

I don't buy anything I don't strictly need, and I pirate all my entertainment.

Any other suggestions?

Well, what do you enjoy doing? Hobbies? Something as simple as gardening or woodworking or cooking is culture.

I myself don't have a lot in common with the conservatives and liberals around me, but I do have at least some stuff in common with people who enjoy gardening, woodworking, cooking, video games, pen & paper RPGs, brewing, guns, and aquariums, politics, whatever I have some knowledge of or interest in. This is culture.

Not relevant. Whether or not you pay for it doesnt change the fact that you are emerged in consumer culture.
You play consumer capitalist games, you watch consumer capitalist movies and anime, you watch consumer capitalist series, you eat consumer capitalist food and wear consumer capitalist clothes.
And unless you listen to fringe shit like obscure commie-punk or something, you listen to consumer capitalist music.
What else do you do?

Capitalism has a culture. It's called consumerism. Honestly cultural uniformisation is the bane of all that's good in creative crafts.

I wouldn't go so far as to call something outside the corporate machine as capitalist.

Such as?
Most of the following is corporate:

Watching anime. Leaning Japanese. Masturbating while I wait to die.
Honestly depression has sucked the fun out of most things for me.

So, what do you think I have in common with the people around me?
Games? Nope.
Movies? Nope.
Anime? Nope.
Food? Very little overlap.
Clothes? Okay, you've got me there. The culture I share with those around me is that I'm not a fucking nudist.
Music? Nope.

I didnt mean local culture, just in general. Just like how a metalhead in germany has more in common with a metalhead in italy than with his christian neighbour.

This is my fucking point. I have much more in common with a bunch of autists from a dozen different counties shitposting on an anime imageboard than I do with the people in the flat below me.

Thats because there is no genuine culture. You just consume whatever shit the corporations put out for you. It wouldn't matter if they decided to make metal the next pop direction or if they made polka the next pop direction, people would consume it either way. People consume movies no matter if they are shitty sequels or not.

How old are you? Do have a reliable income? Nigga, getting into a semi-creative hobby is what got me out of depression and now I look forward to the other things I want to try as soon as I get a reliable income. I think hobbies based on consumption is a lot less rewarding than hobbies based on creating. Fuck the autismos in a dozen other countries, sign up for a hedge laying or stone walling, meet people and talk to them about the creative process of the given hobby. Don't bring politics into it, just try to enjoy being creative.

If I wanted to do menial manual labor for the benefit of someone who doesn't give a fuck about me, I'd expect to be paid.
You underestimate just how deeply alienated I am.
If I pick up any creative hobbies, and I do intend to, then it will be for the benefit of myself and others who share my culture - not the people who see us as a threat.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I am working through my depression in my own way with some success.

They were just suggestions, the first things that came to my mind when thinking of the UK and culture. I for one plan on getting a large enough plot of land to do at least some stone walling and hedge laying.

Good for you, comrade. Good luck.

super degenerate and full of blatant state propaganda. Remember A Brave New World? Shit like that but significantly more effective and less obviously dystopian. People won't know they should be screaming or that they don't have a mouth to scream with.

What are you even doing here?

The only reason you can have anime today is because the studio owners literally enslave their animators and make them work 16 hours a day for literally below minimum wage. There will be no more anime after the revolution.

And all of them do it because they want to make anime so badly. All of them could quit and get a less crap job.

There will be plenty of anime.

Kemono Friends was made with a shoestring budget and a handful of animators. You are wrong.

Also there won't be the same focus on mindless shit because it won't be backed up by massive advertising budgets. Success will be determined by quality rather than propaganda, and the more interesting and thought-provoking works will tend to win in that arena.
There will also be more room for experimental works which would be considered too much of a risk under capitalism. Artists will have much more control than the bean counters.

That sounds like an artist's paradise. :') I want this to be real, as both a communist AND a cinephile/aspiring film director. I'd be hard-pressed to find any other reality that would make me happier than that.

Fuck, meant to greentext the last paragraph before my response. :P

Under communism I imagine "film" to be a collection of Varg Vikernes style bootleg knock-off videos filmed on VHS camcorder where some tranny records herself talking about edgy, and esoteric shit set to a bleak sounding ambient instrumental, and the occasional use of analog photographs taken of black construction paper, with white paint marker text written on it as a replacement for title effects. Go ahead and take a moment to visualize that in your head, that's what the majority of you would be getting under actual communism, atleast in its early stages.

Hopefully there won't be one. Television shows are not intellectually edifying, neither are video games.

u wot nigga

Imagine the Steve Wilkos show but instead the host will be Jimmy Dore, and instead of the guests being retarded blacks, it will be people who were former members of the ruling class begging for forgiveness to the audience, while Jimmy roasts the shit out of them.

are you being ironic
please tell me youre being ironic

Everything will be anime.

No, I'm not. Not in the slightest.

also forgot vidya

the same.
everything would be the same.

Entertainment is bourgeois.
You will work, read books, sleep and that's it. No entertainment.

Alright hear me out, I have this great new idea for a Linux game that I plan on releasing once we achieve full communism. It's Mirror's Edge ok, Mirror's Edge fucking 2.0, were taking Mirror's Edge, and instead of it being a bright and futuristic environment, were taking it, and making it gritty, and realistic with a whole bunch of silent hill-esque filters, and effects, and there's going to be the eerie soundtrack to it. You're going to be this kick-ass young Latinx polygender protagonist navigating through this haunted, and rascist old southern town, and we're going to be called

RUNNER-HAUNTED EDGE

Holla Forumsfriend here, honestly |I think it was kinda boring but it would have really cool parade replays like all the time, Just watch those fucking good a e s t h e t i c NorK beer and computer commercials from the 80's - mid 2000's. Of course western communist culture would be very different, less dancing and singing, more praising worker parties and their version of history. This is the best I have for you OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=jSRjJ7Ss88o