The left and the culture war

Milo on political correctness

'The alt-right for me is primarily a cultural reaction to the nannying and language policing and authoritarianism of the progressive left—the stranglehold that it has on culture. It is primarily — like Trump is and like I am—a reaction against the progressive left doing today what the religious right was doing in the 90s — which is trying to police what can be thought and said, how opinions can be expressed.'

Why has the left come to this? And what can we do, if we don't want to lose the culture wars?

the left you're talking about is probaby only the american left, i have rarely see in my country this politically correct shit

Engaging in the "culture war" is a losing move. There is no victors in the so called "culture war."

I think the postmodern academic left is pretty influential.

OP is why I need Gulags.

MILO IS A FAIL TROLL THAT NOONE SHOULD CARE ABOUT!

Culture precedes politics. Thats what the alt-right is all about. They learned a lot from leftists like Gramsci

Huh?
That guy brought the alt-right into the mainstream. Where is his left counterpart?

We're only losing culturally on the internet. Most people think it's a shit hole, and we have the best music.

If you understood how many people say things like that as an excuse you'd understand a bit where those people are coming from, and how to better critique them than just getting offended by them being aggressive towards rude people.

We shouldn't idolize individuals.
I've seen folk punk legitimately get people into leftism and reading leftist stuff.

There are some points to this but nowadays the alt-right and their leaders are a fucking joke. Literally become the thing they hated.

They're fucking nuts. Just like every other IDPOL-idiot.

Just because you're in the "mainstream" doesn't mean it's a good thing, dude.

Nobody likes Milo except american college dudes, Holla Forums and /r/The_Donald. And I assume the latter two make up the first one. He's just dramatic and says nothing just offend stir shit. He doesn't provide any serious thoughtful positions.

They're not. They are just loud assholes that different porkies use as a tool against one another.

I think you underestimate the problem. These people really believe they are some kind of counter culture, while at the same time they spout the same old racist shit.

The American left died in the 20th century around the same time radio became popular. Holla Forums might as well be an online historical reenactment club. I suggest disregarding politics if you're a burger, and join a cult, or start using drugs.

Economics is politics. Economics precedes everything.
Fuck out of here

Uh, read some Gramsci. Educate yourself on metapolitics. I am not saying you are wrong, but its only half the truth

I think this is not about hurt feelings, but incorrect facts. I won't defend Milo here, but a distinction must be made, about factually wrong statements and hurt feelings.

The more you give them atention the more power they have.

Let them die in oblivion and you'll be fine.

Well, the alt-right is white nationalists… And Milo does nthing but incorrect facts. Oh, not to forget the "they won't publish muh book cause I defend pedos! So much for the free market!" muh feels.

The left libertarian position is that the culture one wants to practice is an individual choice and doesn't matter as long as you don't impose it on others.
The far right and civic nationalist position is that culture should be state imposed on everyone and perpetuated via social and state coercion.
The white nationalist position is that culture isn't important or genetically determined, which is why different races must live in seperate polities.

Well he would be much more respectable if he actually said that.

What really happened was "I wasn't really defending pedos I hate pedos more than anyone please don't take my mainstream attention away".