Daily News Thread 6/9

May to form 'government of certainty' with DUP backing

Theresa May has said she will put together a government with the support of the Democratic Unionists that can provide "certainty" for the future.
bbc.com/news/election-2017-40219030

2017 UK Election Results

bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-uk-election/

Death of UKIP? Paul Nuttall resigns after party fails to win a single seat

The UK Independence Party (UKIP) has been devastated in the general election, failing to win a single seat. Leader Paul Nuttall has resigned, sparking speculation of a Nigel Farage comeback.
rt.com/uk/391471-ukip-election-seats-fail/

UK bombs sold to Saudi Arabia contributed to ‘81 unlawful attacks in Yemen’, say human rights activists

More than 80 allegedly unlawful attacks in Yemen have been carried out by the Saudis, human rights activists have discovered, and some attacks have used UK-made bombs.
independent.co.uk/news/world/saudi-arabia-yemen-uk-bombs-sold-arms-deal-used-unlawful-attacks-claims-a7776071.html

Comey testimony reveals Lynch's intrusion 'probably changed history'

As fired FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday mostly on his conversations and communications with President Donald Trump, he revealed one bit of major news unrelated to the growing investigations involving the White House.
businessinsider.com/james-comey-loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-emails-2017-6

Iraq's Kurds say "no turning back" on independence vote

Iraq's Kurds said on Friday a referendum on independence will go ahead despite warnings internationally that a vote in favor of secession could trigger conflict with Baghdad at a time when the fight against Islamic State is not yet won.
reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-kurds-idUSKBN190156?il=0

Reality Winner pleads not guilty to espionage charges

The first whistleblower to stand trial for leaking classified information to the media under the Trump administration pleaded ‘not guilty’ to espionage charges.
rt.com/usa/391584-burn-white-house-reality-winner/

Saudi football chiefs apologise over London attack tribute

Saudi football chiefs have apologised after their national team elected not to take part in a minute's silence for victims of the London Bridge attack.
bbc.com/news/world-australia-40198696

FIFA refuses to punish Saudi players over London attacks snub

FIFA has refused to punish the Saudi Arabia men’s national football team after they snubbed a minute’s silence in memory of the London terrorist attack victims before a World Cup qualifier against Australia.
rt.com/sport/391617-fifa-refuse-punish-saudi-minutes-silence/

Thousands mourn Tehran attack victims, chant 'Death to Saudi'

Thousands packed Tehran’s streets on Friday to mourn the victims of two suicide bomb and gun attacks, and joined their supreme leader in accusing regional rival Saudi Arabia of involvement in the assaults.
reuters.com/article/us-iran-security-funeral-idUSKBN1900SI?il=0

Qatar crisis: Germany seeks to bridge rift with Arab states

Germany has called for diplomatic efforts to resolve a growing crisis over Qatar, which is accused by four Arab neighbours of funding terrorism.
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40219622

99 million yo toothed bird found near-perfectly preserved in amber

Researchers in Myanmar have found a 99 million year old bird encased in amber – but don’t expect the discovery to be the beginnings of a Jurassic Park-style resort.
rt.com/viral/391418-fossil-bird-amber-myanmar/

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/op-edge/391660-jeremy-corbyn-british-mainstream-media/
rt.com/op-edge/391595-comey-nothingburger-fbi-trump-testimony/
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/06/globalization-and-executive-compensation.html
counterpunch.org/2017/06/08/corporate-democrats-persecute-whistleblowers/
youtube.com/watch?v=h8cN6wZFDA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but i thought she lost the election

Gottem

OP/ED

Jeremy Corbyn: 1, British mainstream media: 0

From it's "The Sun Wot Won It" to a vacuum. The Labour Party’s surge this Thursday spells the end of the popular press’ ability to manipulate the outcome of elections. It also proves the relevance of alternative media in the internet age.
rt.com/op-edge/391660-jeremy-corbyn-british-mainstream-media/

The Comey nothingburger: Why ex-FBI director’s testimony won’t topple Trump

Far from sinking President Donald Trump for alleged obstruction of justice and collusion with Russia, the Senate testimony of former FBI chief James Comey revealed media lies, the prior administration’s improper political pressure, and his own disloyalty.
rt.com/op-edge/391595-comey-nothingburger-fbi-trump-testimony/

Globalization and Executive Compensation

One way globalization has increased inequality: via executive pay.
nakedcapitalism.com/2017/06/globalization-and-executive-compensation.html

Corporate Democrats Persecute Whistleblowers

counterpunch.org/2017/06/08/corporate-democrats-persecute-whistleblowers/

wew. anyone know where I can get one of these posters for my wall?

ayooo

Jesus lee christ, brits, get a proper electoral method. This discrepancy between vote proportion and seat proportion is fucking ridiculous.

I genuinely don't understand their electoral system.

It feels like it's halfway between the American system and the system the rest of Europe uses.

It's exactly the same as the Americans use for their House of Representatives.

It's just that there are viable minor and regional parties in the UK, so the two-party monopoly is less pronounced.

Any of you want to try to explain what it is?

Basically we have candidates standing in individual constituencies where the one with the plurality of votes wins. This means many MPs are elected with less than 50% of the votes and many votes are effectively unrepresented. Concentrated support is over represented (SNP) and broad support is ignored (UKIP).

Why do you keep getting the images from r/ani_communism, I've spent a lot of time dumping pictures of commie anime girls (including this one) the last time you asked for new images. You should have enough for years.

Posting this for the incoming buttmad UKIPpers.

FUCK ANIME

youtube.com/watch?v=h8cN6wZFDA8

NewsAnon, I appreciate all you do, but going to RT for an op-ed on that particular issue just seems incredibly biased but whatever

Feel free to fact check it yourself and provide an "unbiased" source (good luck with that) instead of whining.

go back to reddit, liberal

Isn't that the general rule? Go to RT for anything not about Russia?

RT is a real good source for foreign affairs, but trusting them on anything related to Russia is pants-on-head retarded. They've literally said that they legally aren't allowed to criticize Putin.

Sure. I first heard about RT from Chomsky, btw. He was interviewed about Palestine and said that "Haaretz & RT had no problems with showing both sides of the story" or sg along that lines.

good one m8

ROG(Russian Occupation Government) is real, anyone who disagrees is a Putinbot.

Based DUP

Could you be any stupider if you tried? And yes, I know your post was ironic, I'm talking about you sucking Russia's cock.

This, NewsAnon is a ROG agent trying to convert us into tankies

I can't tell one way or the other. I'll give the benefit of the doubt because some people really see it that a way

why would tankies look up to a capitalist state run by billionaires?

how crazy is the DUP?

did you? Did I use any of them? I think I saved some and I only try to use each picture once. I hope I didn't miss it if you did. I just remember someone recommending leftybooru and r/ani_communism

You're right. I usually do abstain from using RT for the Russian stuff but seeing as how Comey's testimony was mostly nothing, I didn't think it mattered too much. Even more so since it was an op/ed piece.

говно

Man Charged After Racist Rant At Starbucks When Coffee Spilled On Him

Some Holla Forumsacks are laughing at the incident while others are claiming he is a Jew and not their guy.
>>>Holla Forums10056849

holy shit. excuse the internet edge but I would've beat the shit out of that kid.
At least throw him in a trunk and drop him off in the south side with all that. Everyone in that coffee shop is a much better person than me.

Is this peak ancapism?

lel

Domestic propaganda will overstate the flaws of foreign powers while understating the flaws of its own power.

Therefore, to get a clear/accurate picture it can be useful to read what the two propaganda sources say about each other.

It was founded by Ian Pesley, a fundamentalist Protestant preacher know for his strident anti-Catholicism and vicious homophobia who went on to create the Ulster Resistance unionist paramilitary.

Hey News user, you remember that offer about bunkermag? Were you able to make an account?

foreign heel goes for cheap heat, tonight on WW3 Smackdown
something something Tralfamadore
because this is a phoney democracy/puppetshow put on by the global elites to make it seem like they give half a fuck what we think

Fucking word, user.

take your meds Barneyfag

I would've laughed in his face, those words coming out of that little weinerhead would be impossible to take cereal

Is this the american version of Love Life Anarchy?

I totally got sidetracked, can you send the link again. bunkermag.org seems to be down.

Yeah, it may be down for good if the site dev doesn't get back to me. I'm sorry about this, it just happened. I may try to start a new site but there doesn't seem to be much interest. Been considering starting a youtube channel, now seems like a good time.