Schoolchildren Draw the Revolution (1917)

rt.com/viral/391440-children-drawings-1917-russian-revolution/

Can you draw a better one about your revolution? Let's have little OC contest.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_cat#Anarcho-syndicalism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MUH NAP

this is really nice

This is actually really cool. I like how the article treats the whole thing light-heartedly without denouncing le communist atrocities

noice

Most of those look like they were drawn following a preexisting model tbh

Like an art class in elementary school???

When you mention it, yeah. Either that or Russian kids where extremely good at drawing

you motherfuckers

I'm not disparaging the kids. I'm just saying that those aren't "children's drawings" as much as they are the result of teachers asking their students to trace propaganda material.

That or one of the kids thought of it and the others copied them.
t. pioneer of art in my school class

You think the teacher didn't give them context and background information? I had to draw scenes from the Holocaust in my school. How is that any different?

Yes.

I mean… What makes you ppl think that children didn't saw the revolution in action, and sure, propaganda posters on streets, in the press? It's like we are really debating if a 12 yrs old kid today draws Pokemon and 9/11 and whether consider it propaganda or not?

Ridiculous.

bredi good

moar
with color

Underrated

I love when they make kids do that. The younger the better. Have them read an Frank, watch some interview with a survivor describing the gas chambers and ovens. "now make some drawings to show what you've learned." results are always hilarious.

It does sound pretty funny. Does anyone have any to show? I bet they're hilariously over the top and hammy.

That's the thing. These drawings look nothing like "children's drawings" and more like a children's attempt at imitating carefully-crafted propaganda. That's why it shouldn't be taken at face value as some sort of pure, innocent testimony of the times.

This topic is actually worth discussing. How does the spectacle impacts children's understanding of social reality and how does that translate into their seemingly innocuous drawings?

Is there anywhere that Holla Forums doesn't spread its cancer? Cultural fascism is real.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_cat#Anarcho-syndicalism

I love that one of them drew a kulak.

Well, "Peace, Land, Bread" was kind of a big deal at the time.

Ill give it a shot.

Is it ok if the color is yellow?

The flag waver was supposed to be another Jeb, but he looks more like Jon Oliver now.

t-that's an interesting kind of revolution

there's always hope

I guess you need to start ben garrisoning those pics.

I'm too lazy.

If anyone wants to open paint and put name text over everything there, the thing getting punched is Reddit, the puncher is Jeb, the peeing guy is Jeb, the flag waver is young, idealistic Jeb, and the guy getting peed on is Richard Spencer. Also the grass underneath him is brown because this has been going on for days by the time I captured it in art form. Be sure to label that fact somehow.

that's actually a pretty decent drawing.

feels good man

Bump for meme potential

I wonder why bakunin believed so

lmfao

what do Holla Forums?

do it anyway

this

If these were any other children I'd agree that the drawings look like copies, but not Russian. They drill art fundamentals in Russian classrooms extremely hard early on, and it's why Russia has such great painters. Take a look at any Russian on Artstation, their stuff is always tight af.

t. friend of professional Russian artist and artist myself

I doubt it was the case back in 1920.

I talked to an eastern euro about education once. They complained that their HS technical education wasn't great, that they only learned C and systems administration.
This is the legacy of communist education, leftcucks.