Guilty Pleasures ITT

I fucking Death in June. Really shitty three-chord neofolk tunes with superlatively pretentious lyrics. Also love DPRK propaganda songs tbh.

And more, I have read a bunch of Mencius Moldbug and Nick Land.

And enjoyed it.

Post guilty pleasures that may conflict with your leftist politics ITT

Death in June:
youtube.com/watch?v=F_S8bPXK8ao
youtube.com/watch?v=llA_Z_acW8o

Dank DPRK songs:
youtube.com/watch?v=iEqc6H4RXos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=slV08YfmBRw
youtube.com/watch?v=PAIArsF5eNc
youtu.be/sx1F_l8XxK8
youtube.com/watch?v=Za9T9pxgE8E
youtu.be/758Bb10kYQw
youtube.com/watch?v=KI6x_yrram0
youtu.be/GCFrV4OHxDo
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antagonistic
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc
youtube.com/watch?v=wPyNeGy806E
youtube.com/watch?v=RXZumpbHOVA
youtube.com/watch?v=zR3txfRU2FE
youtube.com/watch?v=DDEJl94PTN4
youtu.be/9qbRHY1l0vc
youtu.be/Ns5R7G6GCpM
youtu.be/p1Y9oOusoQs
youtube.com/watch?v=aj1LeiV0k3M
youtube.com/watch?v=gTKsHwqaIr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking love Death in June.*

I'm a massive fan of the history of the Third Reich and play Fascists in miniature wargaming.

I absolutely adore fascist music. Martial Industrial, neofolk, NSBM, I even love crude skinhead punk/metal. I dunno, there's something about art that is created by people with really strong views on things, like you cannot make metal any angrier than metal made by people who sincerely want to exterminate huge portions of the human race and institute a totalitarian dictatorship. It's like a weird art project only it's not at all, it's real.

youtube.com/watch?v=slV08YfmBRw
youtube.com/watch?v=PAIArsF5eNc
youtu.be/sx1F_l8XxK8
youtube.com/watch?v=Za9T9pxgE8E
youtu.be/758Bb10kYQw
youtube.com/watch?v=KI6x_yrram0
youtu.be/GCFrV4OHxDo

It's not even a guilty pleasure. I have no shame. In fact I think they would be kind of pissed off if they knew communists listened to their music and loved it.

Sage for crypto fascist stealth thread

I fucking reporting shit threads.

If you cannot appreciate art antagonistic to your personal beliefs you are spooked.

If you don't understand what antagonism means you shouldn't use the term.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antagonistic

Is fascism not antagonistic to all the beliefs on /leftypol?

youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc

I like soviet aesthetics

I also love late 90s-early 2000s mallgoth shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=wPyNeGy806E
youtube.com/watch?v=RXZumpbHOVA

Sometimes I like to sit in my room pretending to be a moody goth grill.

I'm a very big fan of TS Eliot, even though reactionary modernism is cancer.

Same. I took an honor's course at uni on him. The prof was a supremely autistic Catholic and he thought that SJWs represented the "death of Western civilization." He also had a huge poster of Evelyn Waugh in his office.
What about Joyce? I liked him a lot more than Eliot. But Joyce seems much more apolitical, although he's certainly anti-nationalist…

I love Death in June too, especially their more electronic album "Nada!". Their early albums actually don't have that much to do with nationalism beyond edgy aesthetics on the cover art. Their lyrics could be more aptly described as romantic nihilism or something.

I want us to technologically revert to the renaissance period and the Americas to become instantly devoid of human life save for a few semi-isolated rural towns.

What about Swans? One of my favorite bands. I have no idea what Gira's politics are but the band's aesthetics seem pretty fascistic.

It doesn't really "conflict with my leftist politics", but I'm a huge fan of 2005-2012 post hardcore, and metalcore, and I'm talking about the kind of shit a 14 year old scene girl would have on a YouTube playlist while she cries in her room.

From a 2010 interview:

Now that you bring it up, I think Mallgoth may have been what really led to the overlap between Goth and Emo/Scene and shit; one of the worst things to ever happen tbqh famalamadingdong. Like if you're gonna go for some kind of aesthetic like Mallgoth, you might as well just go for Visual Kei or something youtube.com/watch?v=zR3txfRU2FE

I don't really like the mallgoth aesthetic. I like the real goth aesthetic.

I just say "mallgoth" because I know Marilyn Manson and such is not goth music strictly speaking and since goth fans in this decade are some of the most pedantic people ever I wanted to make some kind of distinction.

tbh I think the mallgoth aesthetic mostly comes from Tim Burton's cartoonish interpretation of German Expressionism (which was the direct source for gothic music's angsty, brooding style).

I wish the left had strong spokesmen similar to fascist ones
I like violent speech
liberals are retarded because they think violent speech enunciation is literally violence (that includes Trump supporters calling SJWs "fascist")
I wish it was brought back

I love watching Holla Forums triggering the fuck out of the MSM and liberals plus the pathetic attempts of the media to understand the Internet

I dont really think of it as a "guilty" pleasure but I really love Sabaton despite my extreme anti nationalism and all myths associated with it and hate for militarism.

Not all songs of Sabaton are nationalist though.

In any case, what is your exact problem with militarism? I didn't like my time in the military (there is draft in my country) because it's basically dumber people telling you what to do but I don't really see how we could ever defend a revolution without having some sort of militarism.

Smoking, I guess.

is he, if I dare make such a hasty assumption, /ourguy/ ?

I like fascist aesthetics

I dont consider the abillity to self defend through a professional military as militarism. But the veneration and integration of the military into the national myth, making it into a central object of national identity and a symbol of national strenght is militarism. There is no better way to force nationalism on the population than through agressive use of the military and guilt tripping everyone into supporting "our" boys. In allmost all current nation states the miltary is considered a virtual extension of the whole unified population body.

Also I dont just reject nationalism, I am far more radical regarding that. I reject the concept of nations, their myths, the identification with past population groups and the mixing up of culture and nation. I consider the nation state as one of the worst abominations of capitalist liberalism.

I am not an anarchist though.

But you know that glorification of military predates modern nations states by thousands of years right? Just have a look at medieval chivalry or Roman militarism. I don't think militarism must exclusively happen in a nationalist context. I'm against bourgeois militarism just as any other comrade but I don't believe militarism as something inherently bad. Even an Anarchist country would have strong militarism, which can be seen in Catalonia.

youtube.com/watch?v=DDEJl94PTN4

YES

I unironically have a hard-on for mass movements and totalitarian, ultranationalistic, militaristic states with a cult of personality

Obsessed with jihadism and Arabic culture. I love the Salafist/Wahhabist aesthetic and like to listen to nasheeds.
All of which is rather bizarre considering I'm a big supporter of the SDF and Rojava.

Why? It's fucking garbage, dumbass religious superstition and brutality. I don't see how this can come off as inspiring in any way or shape.

I listen to burzum and folk metal.

no surprise at all

Douglas P used to be a communist. He's probably going to be part of the nazbol uprising 2bh.

Do you have a long windedness kink?

I have no idea user; I just like it for whatever reason. I know jihadis are really dumb and fail constantly irl; I'm not that stupid to take it seriously.
But I just really like the Quentin Tarantino levels of gore and the religious zeal behind it. Really, that's what ISIS' western propaganda is aimed at; edgy and zealous teens in Europe. I guess it's kind of like Holla Forums's obsession with the crusades despite the fact that the crusade aesthetic is really silly and the actual military campaigns failed horribly just like Jihadis being idiotic psychopaths who have no idea how to hold a gun straight.

Guilty as charged. I mean that is what the thread is about after all.

Very much this.
We need quality orators and aesthetics if we want to revitalise mass politics.

ITT: Holla Forums admitting they're self-hating fascists

That shit always seems whiny to me, like they are mad at the world and really want people to change it for them. I greatly prefer metal that eschews politics entirely and speaks instead to an aspect of the human experience.

youtu.be/9qbRHY1l0vc
youtu.be/Ns5R7G6GCpM
youtu.be/p1Y9oOusoQs

CalArts+Beetlejuice makes me sick to my ass.

On the other hand the third one is lovely.

I like feudalist/capitalist feminist little plastic horses.

I speculated on some altcoin with €880 and now it's worth €28 000 accidentally.
And I'm loving it

Death in June is actually Nazbol.

Here is some proper leftist neofolk tho:
youtube.com/watch?v=aj1LeiV0k3M

Seconding the nasheed sentiment. The more extreme the ideology, they better the tunes in this regard.

is this an ISIS advert? Man they really know how to sell things to dumb angry young men. Mixing up the gangster vibe with holy war is fucking genius. They've re-captured what it means to be doing a drive by. Its advertising so good it makes me thing there must be a major western advertiser behind it. If you look at adverts from the middle east, they are not in this style. How many jihadist trap heads do you think there really is?

It's most likely the British Muslims that have dossed around in media studies that are doing it.

The video is theirs, but the music is a remixed nasheed.

I know Douglas P. is an edgy faggot but the better part of the band's output doesn't have much to with nationalism. "Nada!" has more to do with gothic themes of death and despair, and But, What Ends When the Symbol Shatters? consists mostly of rewritten Peoples Temple Choir covers.

Nick Land is fun but how the fuck can one bear reading Moldbug for more than 10 minutes, much less enjoy it? He's a living embodiment of the angsty revenge-fantasy nerd stereotype.

Yes militarism is far older, but just as it supported the ruling elites in pre-capitalist societies and the Soviet Union so does it in our current society. As far back as the Kaiserreich in Germany one of the mainstruggles of the left was against militarism and the invenetable jingoism associated with that. We should never forget that the first WW was what buried our best chances of communism in west europe.

I like posting offtopic shit like this on >>>/leftyb/

I have Jewish friends.

That's the kind of art I prefer all around.

I have Jewish friends.

I have white friends.

No you don't.

New atheist/sceptic type videos on youtube
Patriotic classical music, especially choral
Overweight SJW women honest to Marx, not even joking

Make no mistake, in any real aesthetic or technical terms it sucks. It's not great art by any measure.

It's like eating discount chocolate or watching soaps. The actual artistic quality is not what's important.

I love Owl City

Yep. Especially tankie.

For sadism and humiliation, I hope.

I hear ya. There is something deeply satisfying about that shit.

I really like a lot of enthralling nationalist classical music like Smetena, Grieg, Sibelius

youtube.com/watch?v=gTKsHwqaIr4

I'm extremely patriotic, with all the awful romanticising of history and thinly veiled ethnic superiority feelings that come with that.

Secretly very proud of my country's imperial past and military achievements

I feel terrible about it, but it's just how my brain is wired, I guess.

Same here

I still haven't integrated all the lower parts of my psyche and become All This :(

Must suck to be you guys. I have no guilty pleasures because nothing that gives me pleasure causes me any guilt.

What exactly constitutes a guilty pleasure?

I like gulags.

I love shit american junk food. I eat good for fitness but sometimes I crave a burger with some salty fries and have it as a cheat meal.

Damn she has huge tits

Shit that sucks that you like anyway for whatever reason.

Burgers are fucking good, at least the gourmet burgers. A thick medium-well mushroom and swiss with an IPA on the side is a fucking treat–grown-up candy.

Of course in the context of this thread, at least as OP originally intended: a "guilty pleasure" is something that you like but compromises the notion of "ideological purity", like being into Fascist aesthetics or being a hopeless consumer for some hobby that is well known for bleeding its customers' wallets dry, like pic related

smoking is THE quintessential marxist vice.

I spent way too much money on my army of Daemonhunters. I had a full sixty Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with the old hellguns and Chimeras and METAL BOXES with Forge World bitz on them. I spents months painting and basing them. I fashioned each squad of stormtroopers as if it had come from a different world. I gave them a supporting squad of Grey Knights in dreadnaught armor and a giant-killing inquisitorial retinue.

Then the Daemonhunters were no more. At least I still have the models, and my Brother-Captain always gets gawkers on the rare occasions when I show him off.

Well, we both know feminists are massive subs in bed

Shitty NSBM like Aryan Blood and Tank Genocide

It's so fucked how you burgers decide how you want your ground beef cooked. Like medium-rare, medium-well ground beef? Nigger just cook it to well done! Just fucking cook the shit.

Browsing imageboards

So burnt…