Daily News Thread 6/6

Harvard bars students for posting 'obscene memes'

"Obscene" memes posted on a private Facebook page have cost 10 students their place at Harvard, reports the college's newspaper.
bbc.com/news/technology-40170652

Tory poll lead plummets by 16 points over a month as Labour ride momentum into election

The Conservative opinion poll lead over Labour has dropped by 16 points over the past month, according to the latest survey from Survation released on Tuesday 6 June.
ibtimes.co.uk/tory-poll-lead-plummets-by-16-points-over-month-labour-ride-momentum-into-election-1624941

Qatar row: Trump claims credit for isolation

US President Donald Trump has claimed credit for the pressure being placed on Qatar by Gulf neighbours who accuse it of supporting terrorism in the region.
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40175935

Saudi beef with Qatar may be about gas, not terrorism

Saudi Arabia's dispute with Qatar is said to date back to 1995 and stems from the country's success in liquefied natural gas (LNG) production. LNG has given Qatar greater independence from Riyadh and has aligned Doha with Saudi Arabia’s arch-enemy Iran.
rt.com/business/391069-qatar-saudi-arabia-gas-dispute/

Mosul torture exposed: Iraqi forces’ abuses filmed

Iraqi forces, leading a vigorous battle to liberate Mosul from ISIS, has been exposed torturing and abusing their captives suspected of having terrorists links, according to a photographer who has been embedded with an elite unit of the Iraqi interior ministry.
rt.com/news/391042-mosul-iraqi-prisoners-torture/

Russian Baltic fighter intercepts US B-52 bomber

Russia scrambled an Su-27 fighter on Tuesday to intercept a US B-52 bomber over the Baltic Sea, the Russian defence ministry said.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-40172842

Amazon offers Prime discount for U.S. customers on government aid

Amazon.com Inc said on Tuesday it would offer a discount on its popular Prime subscription service for shoppers who receive U.S. government aid, taking aim at a key customer base for rival Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-prime-idUSKBN18X1MH

Beating victim says government gave away his belongings while he was in coma

When Marcel Blanchette recalls the moments he began to regain consciousness after his coma, he feels a sense of anguish.
cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/public-guardian-lawsuit-1.4136969

Other urls found in this thread:

theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/871924646148534273)
wikileaks.org/vault7/?marble9#Marble Framework
truthdig.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ok so now let's talk about the recently released NSA documents. If you're not familiar with the situation so far, a NSA contractor employee leaked documents from the NSA that detailed the """Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election""" to The Intercept.

theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

The absolute cunts at The Intercept in an attempt to verify the legitimacy of the documents literally gave the documents to an NSA employee who denied their legitamacy at first while turning around to contact the authorities that The Intercept had these confidential documents. The Intercept then went to get a second opinion from another official source who affirmed that these NSA documents were real. (twitter.com/wikileaks/status/871924646148534273) The sloppiness in the OPSEC in pursuit to verify the documents easily gave away the identity of Reality Winner who is now in the hands of the FBI. Apparently she admitted everything without a lawyer present and is properly fucked.

As to the content of the documents, you can read them yourself but I urge you to take note of the section that clearly states, once again, this could be huge against Russia or this could be absolutely nothing. Wikileaks also has a $10k bounty out for exposure of the retarded """journalist""" who was responsible for this.

Somehow I can't help but find this whole thing suspicious. I can't put my finger on why.

Wasn't this girl a completely inflammatory retard?
Why should I believe her?

Actually I think it's that she 'leaked' a report with practically nothing in it before immediately confessing to doing it.

I also want to remind everyone of the Wikileaks CIA release from earlier this year that exposed that the CIA is more than capable of creating and distributing attacks while falsely attributing them to any entity they please. The software is there to prove it along with test examples they ran in Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic and Farsi.

wikileaks.org/vault7/?marble9#Marble Framework

If you couldn't tell there are a few things I'm very passionate about and this is one of them. This whole ordeal has me in a bad mood.

there's definitely some shit going on

unless I missed something she just seemed like a Bernie supporter turned "resistance" normie

I see the idpol has already been activated.

I just have so many questions. Did the reporter she released this to act on their own? I feel like The Intercept or at the least Glenn Greenwald would know better and have better channels for obscuring the identity of the leaker.

Why The Intercept and not Wikileaks? Has the media fear mongering of Russia/Wikileaks collusion made her second guess that Wikileaks would publish them out of bias?

I want to strangle PJW.

wtf Intercept. I'd expect a lot better from you and your reporters with the good shit you pump out daily. I am so mad right now. SO FUCKING MAD RIGHT NOW.

I assume kanye deleted the tweet she was responding to months ago but you can tell he's reaching

TYBNewsAnon2.0

You're amazing when you're seething.

this is probably a good time to announce I'll probably be doing a looong cytube stream Thursday. Between the Comey hearing and the UK election I feel like it'd be cool to have a stream going. Jezza is doing just well enough for me to be let down when he loses but I'm rooting for my friends across the pond.

thanks user :7)

"Off-color humor has no place in universities!"

Seems fair.

This was designed to scare people and dissuade them from leaking anymore stuff about Russia. Greenwald is compromised.

I think they're getting penalized for their stupidity. Having your name attached to these things, having them public etc.

What are the best news sources?

I don't want to sift through propaganda, but I also don't want to read "alternative news" because alternative news has no journalistic or credibility standards whatsoever.

fusty old rich people schools don't understand memes, humor, reality or the Streisand Effect, film at 11.

Found chans recently, did you?

You cannot be older than 16.

Imageboard, not chan, oldfags have enough sense not to post edgy shit with their real names attached.

Liberal news can be OK in small doses. Generally you should go for news that can provide credible sources.

Have you?
Anyone who's been here before 2010 knows you don't post your autism on
Social Media with your name fucking attached

Are you retarded? You joke about child abuse, sexual assault, pedophilia, and the Holocaust on chans, not fucking facebook. Idiot.

How stupid can you be to post anything under your real name?

The kind of stupid that comes with a trust fund and daddy's lawyer

This.

Irrelevant. Thanks to Holla Forums, totally "ironic" right wing stupidity is now mainstream. The forbidden fruit angle doesn't work here.

Shiggy

Fake "counterculture" reactionaries (i.e. normies who openly spout Holla Forumsisms) deserve any and all punishment that they receive for their views. You cannot be an "ironic" anything IRL. Actions have consequences.

Like the leaker, you only have yourself to blame for trusting the Intercept.

RT > western media on international issues (be critical of their Russia reporting, tho)
telesurtv.net/english/ – for South America
truthdig.com/ – North America

People posting this shit under their names are retarded to be sure but you should realize that your commie friends are next in the line.
Cherishing PC culture just because someone you don't like was punished is fucking dumb because the only thing that will remain in the end is radical centrism.