Tea Discussion Thread

How do you take your tea comrades?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frappé_coffee
booksatoz.com/witsend/tea/orwell.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck tea, coffee ftw!

Earl grey, no milk, no sugar, just hot ! Also coffee from time to time, same recipe

strong black tea with milk and six spoons of sugar.
Five to ten cups a day.

Ice cold sugar with some tea mixed in because thats about all you can get around here but also chia tea with a little milk and honey

Any kind of tea. I quite like my black tea spiced with cardamom, but no sugar or dairy.

Oh yeah, occasionally a single small blob of honey.

I'm more coffee unfortunately
when I'm at home, I take my freeze dried shit with 2 hardy scoops of sugar and a splash of milk to make me forget I'm drinking it
When I'm visiting family in Brazil, I drink real coffee; fresh, picked a week ago from my plants, black, and with one scoop of cane sugar.

I love coffee too, but this is a tea thread. May as well be a Lefty Drinks general though. I like strong fucking coffee myself, something that holds me against a wall and beats me half to death, but a smooth and robust and not too acidic beating.

Amen brother

You don't need to add anything to coffee if it hasn't been ruined. Too bad most available coffee in burgerstan is garbage.

Of what's available I prefer tea, but all being equal I like coffee better.

I prefer green tea brewed in boiled water cooled to steeping temperature, with a few drops of honey.

That's a lot of sugar. Have you tried using artificial sweeteners?

Black

Earl Grey with sugar.
Don't get what people add milk to tea.
Can't even add milk to coffee or I'm off to the toilet.
Then again.. This is why I call coffee…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frappé_coffee

What black tea do you drink sir?

Milk and two teaspoons of coffee and six sweeteners. I have a big cup.

no cream, no sugar, a tea-spoon of honey. I like Jasmine and Chamomile (for sleeping) and Green tea for the day time.

Never had it before

black or green, hot, nothing added. black, iced, some sugar when I cheat. Long Island if someone else is paying.

Earl Grey tastes like shit.

You taste like shit.

Truly disgusting.

Tea is too colonial. I prefer coffee because I live in the Americas.

Anyone who drinks tea any other way is to be shot

booksatoz.com/witsend/tea/orwell.htm

for green tea and the other nice ones I just have it as-is, for everything else or when I'm fighting a I add a spoonful of honey

When I once forgot to add tea and it took me half the cup to realize it…

breakfast tea/earl grey normal english style
chinese black teas with a tiny bit of sugar and nothing else
green tea entirely plain, but green tea only when its fancy stuff.
pu-ehr plain, with red/green curry and rice, for me. That specifically is like my favorite meal.
coffee in the morning, though, normally

Holy fuck that reads like an extensive shitpost.

Water

I'm not nearly as autistic here, but I do appreciate some strong autism. But brits are such fags sometimes, why the hate of drinking ceylonese tea black? I can agree that adding sugar, or at least too much sugar, does ruin a good tea though less so if it's particularly strong, but I think milk does the same. Neither quality tea, nor coffee, should be made with greater than one part milk to five parts tea/coffee, nor more than one heaping teaspoon of sugar per one and a half cups of beverage.

First thing that it reminded me of was Liliput and Blethescue's rivalry over how to crack eggs. Then Samurai Jack. Then autism.

I drink mate
tea is for faggots

Every once in a while I try tea in those little tampon-like bags, and the flavor is always so weak tha I have to add a shitload of sugar to feel anything.

Any recommendations for teas with strong flavors?

I can never make mate either, because it ends up too bitter and, like other teas, needs a lot of sugar. Apparently I'm supposed to make sure the water doesn't boil?

Irish with a small spoon of brown sugar and milk.

I also am a shriveled up walking corpse in the Arizona desert.

Just straight up black tea. Good caffeine content. And it tastes pretty good.

Ivr heard about the no-boiling thing before but I still boil my water because tap water in my current place isn't good. i still let it get cold before pouring it tho. there are millions of weird advice that sometimes is just straight up superstition
mate is too bitter the first sips because it's still dusty, but that goes away quickly.
I'm talking here about mate "cebado" not" cocido", btw
u southamerican or just a hipster foreigner?

sweet tea, usally apple

sometimes drug tea tho

You cook the rice and curry with the puer or you have the tea on the side? Shou or sheng?

Ristrettos are delicious. I never understand why people dilute their espresso. Che had good taste.

The "no boiling" thing is superstition. You don't want to steep green tea in water over 175 Fahrenheit though.

Don't use tea bags. Buy a gaiwan and some loose leaf black or a cake of puer.

What kind of black tea? Assam? I like Taiwanese black tea (T-18).

What kind of drug tea?

Dilmah Extra Strength 2-5 teaspoons of sugar with Soy Milk

I usually make a latte or at least use a packet of stevia sweetener or honey.

Strong jasmine green, no milk or sugar. Dirty chai is a favorite too, especially if it's heavy on the cinnamon.

I'm a filthy coffee drinker unfortunately. I have about 4 cups a day of the instant shit because I like the taste for some reason, but whenever I drink tea I normally have green tea with a bit of honey in a big cup that I like to sip slow.

HUEHUEHUE

From what Google's telling me, mate cebado is using the bombilla, and cocido is made like regular tea, right? If so, I have tried only cocido, because I want to put it in the fridge and drink it cold. It's so damn refreshing, I find it weird people drink it hot.

Anyway, I googled a bit more, and sure enough, sites kept saying not to let the water boil, because it supposedly makes the flavor molecules react and become bitter. One even gave the magical temperature of 89C. I guess I'll try that next time.

I'll look into your inscrutable Oriental commodities, thanks.

A builders brew is the prole way

Green tea with lemon. Though I honestly prefer coffee.

I like Earl Gray Tea

on the side, duh. and the rice and curry go seperately
and shou cause at least last time I did I could get a brick of it cheaply on ebay

Any kind of tea. Usually add a bit of honey.

You can never be sure. Nepali people use tea for broth.

Shou is very tasty.

Holla Forums confirmed for plebs

I drink green tea!
Favorites?
Mine are lonjing, biluochun and gyokuro.

I make matcha lattes and am planning on making matcha icecream in a gelato style.

I mentioned green tea nigger

using it as flavoring powder doesnt count here m8.

How do you survive?

None of this fancy shit like.
Bonus with a pack of choccy digestives.

This guy gets it.

extra strong earl grey, anyone who drinks any sort of Lipton should be flogged

sugar and milk ruin any kind of tea

Cheap bags of Chai tea, with plenty of honey, lemon, and 1-4 grams of kratom.

The people's tea.

mint or rooibos
no milk no sugar

Usually some nice Sencha brewed at around 175 for about a minute. Use a small glass pot similar to the one in the OP. Have around 5 cups a day.

good lad
this thread is really exposing this board as being bougie as fuck

talking about the fucking temeperature of brewing like you're in a laboratory making a cuppa

Hot, no sugar. Everyday less in the summer

It's not hard to remember and estimate for a cup that you drink every fucking day. You don't even need to spend a whopping 30 britbucks on a multi-temp kettle if you don't want to.

Normally Assam some sugar, occasionally some random black tea with milk and a lot of sugar.

Wake up
Boil two liters of water together with tea
Put way too much sugar in thermos
Put tea in thermos
Drink over day
Cry because neet.
Sleep

Do you live in a submarine?

Mint tea is quite refreshing for hot days. Has a cooling sensation.

No, he's sunk even deeper.
He lives in the US

I haven't tried much Sencha but I've heard it's good. I drink Gyokuro sometimes but I mostly drink chinese greens.

Do you drink Sencha as opposed to Gyokuro because of price, or do you like it better?

Irish, Punjana or Nambarrie, Barry's is shit, only slightly acceptable Brit tea is PG tips(don't know why it tastes Irish)

Add boiling water to stainless steel teapot with teabags in it and bring it to the boil on a cooker, stir/mash teabags while boiling for 30 seconds to a minute. NEVER scrub the inside teapot, don't need to wash it either if you use it regularly, ours is almost 20 years old and has a thick black/brown crust on the inside

WARNING: May cause cancer and excess testicle growth

Green tea lattes are just delicious. It surprised me how well it blends with milk.

shrooms and weed tea

I love tea and have a tremendous collection of everything you can think of. Oolongs, white teas, black teas, green teas, herbals, fruit teas, yerbas, rooiboses, whatever.

The only correct answer that any tea aficionado should ever have for you is "it depends." It depends on the occasion, it depends on the tea, it depends on whether you have company over, it depends on your mood. I've had wildberry black tea with milk and honey balanced so perfectly it tasted like a dessert in a cup. I've had the gentlest white tea completely untouched. I've had lapsang with a touch of salt. I've cold-brewed more green teas than I can count. Follow ceremony if appropriate and if you must, but as long as you are always exploring, discovering new favorites, and sharing those favorites with your friends, you are doing it right.

No real tea, just mint brew for me.

standard is Yorkshire Tea, semi skimmed milk, no sugar

Chinese jasmine tea is pretty nice for a change though

Isn't THC not water soluble? I made mushroom tea before but not of the hallucinogenic variety. Used it in milk with sugar tasted almost chocolatey.

y tho

Mushrooms are quite good for you. I use powdered mushooms and mix it in. It's a variety blend.

Stand aside, Euros, Burger coming through.

covfefe

cowfwee

🅱off

Beer