The worst crime of the USSR right here

The worst crime of the USSR right here.

Why?

it was p sad

Deserved it. Should've had a Holodogor.

do not

It's fucked up, but capitalism is always worse.

She gave her life for the mother land.
F

forgot to take off my shitposting flag

The worst crime was not going to war with the US after WW2.

Tankfags, everyone

JUST

Thanks for reminding me of this episode. ;_;

shit now you reminded me

She's supposed to be Laika.

yeah I know it just reminded me anyways

Even though it was of questionable scientific value, there's something I see valuable to it.

Laika was killed for essentially no reason, yes, but in doing so she became an icon far superseding herself. A strict rationalist position might say that's nothing - Laika was a dog and wouldn't care about that even if she wasn't dead, and she doubly doesn't care because she is - but that's a pretty empty position.

While we certainly shouldn't kill more dogs without good reason, there's a lot to be said for the way the soviet system turned a random stray dog into an icon for progress. There's no real opportunity for that sort of thing anymore in a spectacular capitalist society full of distractions, where the self is the ultimate end.

In many ways it reflects the loss of overarching ideals. How many Americans or Englishmen do you think would face certain death today to help limit the contamination for a failed nuclear reactor? But soviets did. Because they have an overarching idea to drive them forth. and possibly ignorance to the consequences in some of the armed-forces.

We have none of that. We don't represent anything but ourselves. When we die, we will be forgotten by all but a few weirdos within decades. Laika will live on much longer.

Reminder that November 7th marks the 60th anniversary of her heroic flight.