Is it the end?

Is it the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=3C06D61CE2B2C70265BD3589C31104BE
youtu.be/N8vaJaFCFYA?t=6m46s
youtu.be/N8vaJaFCFYA?t=19m2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

god I really hope so, Bill Maher is like the King Liberal

guess they cant get mad at us for slavery and colonization then. we were just doing as our african brothers do. rape, kill, and enslave

I hope so… But americans are faggots, I saw the video of him saying nigger, big deal, who cares. It was fun to read the comments crying about "racism" or some bs

He used "nigga" in a joke? Truly the equivalent of killing every single black man on the planet.

He's always struck me as a classical centrist.
He's fed up with the bullshit of both the left and the right

Bill Mayer is the biggest Clinton new-democrat whore on the planet

God, the only thing I hate more than conservative hypocritical zealots are whiny new age liberals who get upset about fucking anything and everything.

Classical liberalism ftw

Bill maher is a god and did nothing wrong, and anybody who says otherwise is a stupid nigger

He is full of bullshit, you just don't notice it cuz he smears it in 10 layers of sarcasm

Ever read a Marxist book on classical liberalism? Maybe you should.
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=3C06D61CE2B2C70265BD3589C31104BE

Bill Maher is a smug liberal who only invites moron libs or far right wackos on his shitty hacky show. If you enjoy Bill Maher you're either 15 or lame as fuck.

No. It's a joke and it's actually a pretty funny one. It's not like Griffin trying to make some BS political statement without context. He told a joke, within context, and made it clear that it was a joke. Off color? Yes. Offensive? Yes. But still very obviously a joke.
He has also made a career of being a line-stepper and a strong free-speech proponent. He won't lose his core audience because they already know that he's a line-stepper. That's his appeal.

I wasn't offended until this part. Nothing Maher did has ever been funny

Racial epithets are NEVER jokes. Go back to the 17th century and stay there.

that's funny within the context and when not meant as a serious statement.

He didn't say 'house nigga', he used the n-word with the hard 'r'. Fuck off back to Holla Forums.

PC campus liberal bullshit. You can recognize that Nigger is an offensive slur and also find it funny within the context of a joke.

Not a Holla Forumstard. I'm pretty far left. I am just also capable of recognizing context, sarcasm, humor, and free speech.

No, using a word that was historically used to suppress a segment of the working class is NEVER funny. I don't give a damn about the context. The historical and societal context are much more important btw so your argument is null and void.

Seriously leave if you're going to keep using this language. I'm surprised you're not banned yet.

Hate speech =/= free speech Holla Forumstard.

Brandenberg test is met as Bill Maher is within a position of authority and inciting violence by using a racial epithet.

Find a place in the constitution or legal precedent that distinguishes the two. Hate speech, when not directly inciting an act violence, IS protected free speech.
This is exactly why we lost to Trump. Nonsense like this.
Context does matter if you're capable of understanding nuance. He didn't call anyone a nigger, he didn't make any serious statement about race, he made a sarcastic comment about a part of US history within a comedic context.

Let's just compromise, fucktards and ironic post-ironic fucktards:

Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger is a terrible word to say.

Either way, Maher sucks. Also, he's even relatively right wing for a liberal

Wew, reddit and/or Holla Forums shill putting effort into this thread.

Polite sage for off topic.

There's constitutional precedent if you did your research. It's called the Brandenberg test, and based on Maher's position as an authority figure and with millions of individuals as his audience, any sort of racial epithet used on air can be classified as hate speech as it incites IMMEDIATE violence within any audience member that is either racist, or within an audience member that is a PoC. Even without precedent for the latter case about severe psychological harm caused by the utterance of the word, the case can be made that any minority hearing such a charged word is harmed immensely alongside being ostracized by their local peers.

Again, local context doesn't matter in this case as historical and societal context supersede local context. It doesn't matter if you and a few other hicks down south found it funny, the joke was stratifying proles and sowing division on the basis of historical oppression expressed through laboring PoCs for over 200 years. Sarcasm is rhetorical oppression manifested in petit bourgeoisie.

He's not suggesting that people be fired or locked up for it. Only that he thinks you're stupid.

He's the classist upper class lib
Give platforms to the hard right as he tries to be as nice to them as possible while actively attacking anything and anyone actually left wing who critiques the dems

1. Talk show host is not a position of authority. It is a position of prominence, but he has zero authority over his audience.
2. At what point in his joke does he call for an act of physical violence? In order to pass the Brandenberg test, he has to DIRECTLY incite violence.
3. Psychological harm, while real, doesn't legally qualify as violence.

all these Holla Forumsyps in this thread

youtu.be/N8vaJaFCFYA?t=6m46s
youtu.be/N8vaJaFCFYA?t=19m2s

II agree with you on that point. I'm not actually a Maher fan. But I find his Islamophobia far more disturbing than tonight's joke because he's serious about it.

look at him recoil of the mention of an honest day's work. cant imagine a kikier kike tbqh

You sure seem to have a stick up your ass. Have you considered that maybe this isn't the right place for you?
>>>/reddit/

I'm surprised you aren't banned yet. This isn't the place for SJWs.

In a non-comedic setting, I agree. In a comedic setting, if you go beyond local context, you're overthinking the joke and that's true regardless of the topic of the joke. You're probably also a "rape jokes are never funny" type, aren't you? If so, look into Carlin's bit on rape jokes. He explains it far better than I ever could.