How many people did Stalin and mao respectively actually kill...

How many people did Stalin and mao respectively actually kill? I know the numbers are often over inflated so I want the actual number

Other urls found in this thread:

monthlyreview.org/commentary/did-mao-really-kill-millions-in-the-great-leap-forward/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

62 million for Stalin. 25 million for Mao

Can you break down or alternatively show me where I can find the numbers myself so I can see where they come from, please?

Shit, 62 million? People usually give that number to Mao and 40m to Stalin. Too many famines or what?

Famines? Stalin literally killed all those people with his bare hands

That doesn't really sound accurate. Idk precisely but I'm pretty sure more people died in Mao's China then Stalinist Russia.

Not enough.

90 gorillion

Not enough.

muh 60 trillion

You mean personally? Stalin probably killed a few, when he was robbing banks.

The question doesn't make sense on so many levels. What do you mean by "killed by X"? Famines? War? Executions?

I will not include WWII deaths due to them happening anyway regardless of leader. In the Encyclopedia Britinica it says Gulags killed 15-30 million. Let's be generous and say it's the middle number, 23,000,000 in the gulags alone. I can't find any numbers for the purges. In Holodomor, 6-7 million died, again the middle number is 6,500,000 so it adds up to 29,500,000 being Stalin's approximate death toll. The USSR's birthrate is hard to find but the population grew from 147,000,000 to 162,000,000 from 1926 to 1937, so his death toll isn't big and fast enough to make a large impact on population.
In the Chinese Civil War ~6,000,000 people died. In the Great Chinese Famine somewhere between 20 to 40 million people died, again to approxemate I'll say 30 million. It is estimated that 2.5 million people were killing in military actions in the Great Leap Forward and ~2 million suicides accured. Let's just say for nuance sake half of those suicides were political. So his death toll in conservative numbers should be around 40,000,000.

So, with 500,000 people added in case I missed anything, they killed, combined, approximately 70,000,000 people.

direct killings and people stalin/mao ordered other people to kill
famines and war aren't the same thing and those overinflate the numbers, which is why i'm looking for ordered executions and personal killings

LMAO

Stalin must have had magical powers to kill off what's probably going to be the amount of children being born while at the same time achieving a population growth.

I don't have the graph here but most Gulag prisoners have actually been released later and the most deaths in Gulags occurred during war times/turmoil

He somehow doubled Hitler's high score as well as losing 25 million to the Nazis yet the population grew. Also, blaming Mao for the Chinese Civil War when the Japanese empire was getting all rapey. Like, the math here is so stupid. People unironically believe this bullshit.

Hold on, didn't the papers Deng's gov release said 16.5 million dead in the Great Leap?
My source's just an article I don't trust too much, but it seems somewhat legit.
monthlyreview.org/commentary/did-mao-really-kill-millions-in-the-great-leap-forward/

I was doing the math based on (bias) sources. I wasn't trying to actually find the death toll, I was mostly using these sources to show that the propagated numbers are retarded, even by actual standards. There really is no way to tell how many died due to their policies, but even "official" sources out it tens of millions below what most people want to believe it to be.

I don't really think it is fair to blame deaths from Famine on Communism as frequent famines in both China and the former USSR happened in history. If Communism can be blamed for famines then huge #'s of people are dying each year under capitalism by the same criteria.

Stalin: 29 500 000 - 6.5 000 000 = 23 million

Mao: 40 000 000 - 30 000 0000 = 10 million

Total: 33 million

i would be surprised if it were more then ~20 in that case.

You should find those graphs we should make an infographic to debunk this bullshit once and for all.

Hello Stephen Courtois.

why

i need to find this graph
thanks for the information

It's odd they always include famine in the count even though it wasn't avoidable. Mao certainly made things worse though but Stalin his case Id argue he saved more lives than he had die from starvation.

Holding one man responsible for that which he did not do personally is highly irrational.

kek your propaganda image thinks communism could save africa

ITT hitler did nothing wrong

You gotta count the abstract deaths too. Think of all the generations that will never be due to their ancestors being put to death or the lives they could have saved with the medical technology some would have invented.

I wrote a big list of everyone who died but it was all Russian and Chinks.

It wouldnt be meaningful for you

not enough

thanks for these