The Pros and Cons of Living in an Income-Sharing Commune

youtube.com/watch?v=sJqRnoOn6bs

What do you think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

ic.org/directory/search/
ic.org/directory/compersia/
nzherald.co.nz/auckland-region/news/article.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10647871
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-sexual-revolution-and-children-how-the-left-took-things-too-far-a-702679.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Utopian nonsense.

Ignore.

Give webm.

Have you no siblings? A lot of people share stuff when they live together. For people who had a childhood in a big family and then had some rent-sharing arrangements as young adults, this isn't really such a big change. This is just a bit bigger than a small family. The only extreme thing is the 100 % rule. Lots of communes exist that are less extreme about that: ic.org/directory/search/

Sharing rent and other stuff like bikes makes sense. This is cheaper than living in a small family for very similar reasons as living in a small family is cheaper than living alone. The problem with income-sharing communes is when they lack formal procedures. What can you take with you when you move out? How much time in advance do you have to tell others? Can you get kicked out? How much time do you get? They should use exact procedures for that.

We're back 100 years.

Found them there:
ic.org/directory/compersia/
>We strive to be egalitarian in all respects, and make decisions transparently and by consensus.
I hate requiring consensus. They will never reach 100 people with that.
Well, okay then. Their entry links to this 2016 profile in the Atlantic:
I bet they haven't even heard about the cookie algorithm. Sad.

I mean this:
The distribution formula should satisfy these three criteria:
>The probability of obtaining an amount at least as high as the one that I wish for shouldn't increase by stating a higher amount than the actual wish. That is what being free of defensive exaggeration means.
>People who want no more than the proportional share (aggregate amount available divided by number of people, rounded down to next integer) get just that.
The entire algorithm is this:

I FUCKING HATE LIVING WITH OTHERS.
In communism, I WANT MY OWN APARTMENT.

This. I'm a broke student and I choose living in an underground apartment over a much comfier flatshare because the last thing I want is never being fucking left alone for a while — I'd go insane in a matter of weeks.

Even Kropotkin argued that while communal arrangements were beneficial in some areas of life (like cooking or child rearing), daily privacy and voluntary isolation were necessary for any individual to develop an healthy social life.

What I hate about these things is how classis they actually are; They would never accept a single mother, a struggling student or an undocumented immigrant.

Only WASP yuppies from the northeast with degrees and fancy "consulting" jobs are allowed.

I quite liked how Kropotkin speaks negatively of communal kitchens in the conquest of bread. NEETs of the world unite!

my mind thinks "i could try this", but with that pic, my dick says "FUCK, NO, STAY AWAY, VIVA EL CAPITALISMO"

Doesn't go far enough.

Let me know when they've implemented such a living arrangement on a municipal scale, with thousands of citizen participants, an actual formalized political structure, some rigorous form of economic planning, and enough agricultural and utility infrastructure to allow them to live without engaging in capitalist wage labor.

man jews are really good at creating systems that allow for easy sexual abuse

Bohemian garbage.

pick one

but like, at first, when the soviets ran shit, i like that shit

As much as I hate this bohemian utopian bullshit, the classcuckery in the comments make me even more angry.

I think we should do communal cantinas/cafeterias, but have our own personal small and comfy kitchens and fridges as well. With regular meals and local chef as well as time sharing agreements for the cafeteria. The fact is, cooking is a huge amount of unnecessary labor a lot of the time.

corrected

Because having a shittier life is just, better? Because suffering more is more noble?

Wew there lad.

communes are like the #1 most likely place for abuse to happen because guess what kind of incentives there are when people cannot leave them without suffering significant financial pain

ITT: People who don't know what the word utopian actually means.

And families are better in that regard?

Even worse in this regard because they're not even separated from capitalism. They engage in capitalism every day and figure they're in some kind of social economy because they share their shit.

because i don't want to put in more money than a single degenerate mother with 3 kids and get the same in return as she does

Yeah probably since the ones abusing the children are rarely the birth parents.
nzherald.co.nz/auckland-region/news/article.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10647871
just google communes sexual abuse dude. Religious ones, hippie ones, w/e children are getting abused

spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-sexual-revolution-and-children-how-the-left-took-things-too-far-a-702679.html

AND the one looks like it would cost a fortune to feed her, fuck that

The mother actually contributes the most monetarily, Holla Forums.

They call it a commune, but I guarantee that it's a bigamist "family", with the top earners at the top of the sexual hierarchy. They're just trading in fleshly currency now. Self interest is not a choice; it's nature.

Fuck you too, buddy.

But the top income earner was that chick with the three kids.

And how did she get to have three kids? Because she is at the top of the sex hierarchy OHMYGODWAKEUPSHEEPLE If you read this, lady, let me tell you what: You won't collect this boipussy. Bitch!!!!! ò_ó This wouldn't have happened in a RATIONAL society with state-issued girlfriends. I know exactly how these communes work, or should I say, camps. Have you ever seen the documentary Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS? Don't ever go there. Stay vigilant Holla Forums and don't forget to post feet.

uh