Corbyn signalling a return to class-based politics

Do you think he's onto something?

When the election was called two days ago my heart sank, I had almost resigned myself to five more years of May

But this rhetoric Corbyn is coming out with seems really catchy to me - and May's disappearing act (refusing to participate in debates or conferences, conducting minimal interviews) presents a wide open goal for Corbyn to hammer home his message in her absence

I know it's too early to call lads, but I really do have a good feeling about this

He might have a chance if he goes full populism.

That's all well and good, but it omits the fact that the British people are classcucked retards.

Weirder things have happened, let's meme this shit

I'm a Brit, should I go canvassing for Corbyn?

Both of these are true.

I think I might, it can't hurt and its not that much effort anyway.

Yeah maybe. I just don't much fancy his chances and I'm kinda depressed and shit. Well, maybe I'll take today to think about it.

Also that compilation is missing some of the best headlines

"Jam making noodle muncher dreams of selling Britain to ISIS" -The Daily Mail, probably

200% /ourguy/

tbf that second pic sums up how i sit through work meetings

Lmao that's a bit of an oxymoron because 'munch' usually implies audible. Bravo Daily Mail.

I tried to go to the phonebanking website and it's broken :ok_hand:

nice momentum.

Corbyn needs to go full populism as said

Where have we heard this before?

From people who did very well in their elections mostly

From what I've heard Corbyn is a grumpy politician with no charisma
Can a message based campaign actually work

He does lack charisma (not grumpy tho) but its very much context dependent. He's too uncomfortable in official setting, at a trade union rally where he feels comfortable he can be a very passionate, angry and charismatic speaker. But in party and parliamentary functions he projects more of a soft spoken elderly man down the road who'll help fix your bike.

corbyn , fucking disgusting cunt

t. Blairite

blairites out

it's genuinely crazy how class cucked brits are.

purge the blairite scum

Corbyn needs to have a campaign like the one Melechon is having right now. He needs to go full populism and not let May and Lib Dems make Brexit and 'competency' the defining issues of the campaign, otherwise the election will be a fucking embarrassment.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he's still going to lose badly. Blue Labour is probably the only way I can see Labour actually winning an election here again any time soon tbh.

If he can unfuck himself and return to class based politics i'm all for it, but to be honest, if you have to choose between a newcomer that's full class politics oriented and Corbyn, I would suggest being careful since Corbyn has proven himself not to be consistent in that regard.

Can you explain this to non-uk fag?

Corbyn, like the rest of the Labour Party is a dead end. He can promise anything he likes because he's not in power. Once elected he'll disappoint you like every other Labour government.

The upcoming election will be like the 1983 election when Michael Foot went to the electorate with 'the longest suicide note in history'. The Tories will greatly increase their representation in government and there will be even less we can do to stop their economic policies.

Populism pits a political movement against elites. Corbyn has been part of the system for over 30 years.

not from the UK but I would assume its the same thing as a bluedog democrat or a red torie. A centerist dipshit

This. There's a simple model for how to run election campaigns: The political spectrum is a line and there is a left and a right party. People vote for the party that is closer to them on the line. The message is that people on the far ends will always vote for the party closer to them anyway, so a party should only care about the middle. This strategy is rubbish long-term, since in a two-party system there is a tendency to see the middle between the two parties as the sensible compromise, so if one party is stubborn, the other party keeps moving closer to them over time. The strategy is even a bit rubbish in the short term, since many people don't vote at all. Being called an extremist and irresponsible in the media can be a good thing if you want to turn non-voters into supporters. Still, you have to consider that a swing voter is worth two points. So, campaign posters, leaflets etc. should be tuned locally according to voter turnout in the last couple elections: the lower the turnout, the more aggressive the style.

That guy knows how to win elections.
He managed to do so twice against all odds.

I'm just afraid that British voting system will fuck him over, since popular vote means squat.

When will we get a Labour-Ukip coalition ?

You don't really get this do you?

Has Labour been permanently ruined by idpol, neoliberal bullshit, and pro-EU sentiment?

Pretty much, Corbyn is the last breath of class consciousness

Corbyn should had invited GG back to Labour

Deselect all the Blairites are call for a total turnover in Labour, only way. The Turd Way must die.